[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Post by veraka »

[img:ho2h120j]http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... A7CHER.jpg[/img:ho2h120j]

“How long has it been?” a cowled figure asked Veraka in the raspy voice that emanated from under its hood.

The massive aasimar put an armored hand to his head and scratched his scalp; “ohhh, I’d say about damn near a couple of years.”

“I honestly wonder what Neriah is going to do you,” laughed Drakin, “my money’s on skinning you alive.”

The big paladin grumbled something unintelligible at the half-drow; still, though, Veraka couldn’t help but wonder if Drakin might be correct; this most recent mission of his had taken him a [b:ho2h120j]long[/b:ho2h120j] ways away from home, as he had been away from his wife and children for the longest time now. At the thought of his fey’ri wife, he immediately wondered if Drakin had put his bet on the right side. Neriah, even during his shortest outings away from home, was known among the townsfolk to have as bad a temper as the big paladin himself, sometimes even beating it in sheer strength occasionally.

Not wanting to think about the idea of confronting his overly-tempered, but equally seducing wife, Veraka decided to change the subject. “Just why [b:ho2h120j]did[/b:ho2h120j] you decide to come back with me?”

The assassin shrugged his shoulders, “It’s on my way back to Luskan and I believe I’ve earned some time off for this particular mission of yours; venturing into the bloody desert to assist some clerics with their travels, only to have ourselves ambushed by desert raiders every other mile of the journey,” he added, rubbing the shoulder he had injured.

Veraka let out a chuckle; “hey; don’t go blaming me that you apparently [b:ho2h120j]knew[/b:ho2h120j],” Veraka made twin quote signs with two fingers in each of hands to emphasize his point, “one of the clerics from a time ago, only to have a very interesting time. I swear, you two kept the raiders at bay that night, and put the wolves to shame, the noise you generated.”

The assassin gave a hard look to the smirking paladin, then shrugged his shoulders, and replied “I was just helping her out with her nighttime worship.”

The aasimar cocked a silvery eyebrow; “you [b:ho2h120j]do[/b:ho2h120j] realize that she wasn’t a priestess of Sune?”

Drakin gave a half-blank look: “really? Hmm, well she should change clergies, if ya ask me.”

The two looked at each other and burst into laughter for a short while before calming back down to silence.

They continued to walk on in silence, Veraka guiding his celestial-blooded warcharger, Blaze, while Drakin kept to the side a bit, with sharp eyes keeping a look out for anything unusual. Neither of them noticed how unnaturally quiet the woods were around them, no birds chirped, no squirrels rustled in the leaves and treetops, no rabbits and deer bounded and ran in all directions at the presence of the two.

Drakin looked up the sky and saw a large column of smoke; “any kind of celebration going on?”

“None that I know of,” Veraka said, his brow knitted together in thoughts, “though Linda and Allen might’ve finally admitted that they’re together. Everyone else seemed to know before they did.” He finished with a laugh.

Again, they just walked, though they were both bothered by the column of smoke. Finally, it dawned on the both of them; that smoke was too large to be a mere celebration bon fire; the village was burning.

They glanced at each other with horror etched on their faces. Then, simultaneously, Veraka and Drakin burst into running sprints.
Even running full out, it took them several minutes to reach the hamlet. The sight that met them stopped them in their tracks.
All of the village of Lunien was ablaze, orange embers of fury blazed across all of the homes.

Bodies lay thrown out and across the charred ground, the soil thick and sticky from the blood that had soaked into it. Men lay on the ground, mutilated beyond recognition, swords in some of their hands, a testament that some had tried to fight whatever it was that had attacked them.

Both Veraka and Drakin absorbed the entire scene in front of them. The paladin had known many of the folks in this village, though it wasn’t his home. Seeing them all murdered, and left for dead like this sent an arch of rage and fury through his system. Drakin stood silently as he pointed to the inn of Lunien.

Veraka felt his blood go to ice as he recognized that that was the inn where Neriah and the children had chosen to stay. Not even bothering to think twice about his actions, the platinum dragon-scaled paladin charged the inn’s door, slamming into it with the force of a sledgehammer. Within seconds of entering the blazing building, Veraka felt the searing heat as the flames licked at his dragon-scale armor. Growling against the incredible pain and roaring inferno, the aasimar pushed inward.

His silver eyes blazed radiance as he looked around the inn’s interior for Neriah and his children, but came up short.

“Do you see Neriah anywhere?!” he hollered to Drakin outside.

The half-drow quickly began to survey the area around the burning inn, his careful eyes narrowing in on what he thought or considered important to give a lookover.

“Neriah! Dante! Alasse!” roared Veraka as he went crashing through the inn, shoving aside burning tables and smashing through doors until he got to the room that Neriah had been staying in with their children, Dante and Alasse. It was empty, aside from whatever personal effects that Neriah had brought along, as well as the necessities for the children.

Veraka continued to scan the room, however, soon the heat became unbearable for the aasimar. His body was drenched in sweat as the fire raged uncontrollably around him.

“VERAKA!! Out here!” came Drakin’s hoarse voice over the raging inferno.

His rage, fueled by Drakin’s find, or hopeful find, sent Veraka the energy he needed to turn about, roar with power, and charge through the mighty blaze and incendiary-filled wood, only to smash into the nearest wall with his shield raised.

Drakin was examining his odd find when the big paladin crashed through the inn’s wall.

“Must you always do things the hard way?”

“What did you find?” asked the aasimar, the tone in his voice ice-chilled, hinting at just how serous he was at that moment in time.

“This,” the assassin said, lifting up a very beautiful and very unique looking necklace; made completely out of platinum, the neck piece was a circle with interlocking triple spirals, all of which ended in the center to surround a finely cut diamond.

Veraka looked over the necklace and as he did, he felt his blood turn to ice as a cold sensation ran down the column of his spine.
“We have to go; we have to go NOW!!”

“What’s wrong?” Drakin asked, his voice barely a whisper, but stone-cold.

“Tapiel; they followed Neriah back to Tapiel!” replied Veraka, referring to the small, but nice town that Neriah and him had decided to settle down in. The tone in the aasimar’s voice foretold of the raw rage, and worry, that surged just beneath his surface. “BLAZE!!” Veraka howled into the night.

Seconds afterward, a black, mithral-armored warcharger came trotting quickly out of the black-covered forest.

Veraka went up to the stallion, patted him on the side, and then hoisted himself up onto the saddle.

“Come on, Drakin, let’s move;” he shouted.

[i:ho2h120j]Aurora, I need you to carry our assassin back to Tapiel,[/i:ho2h120j] Veraka said to Aurora via their telepathic link.

[i:ho2h120j]Can do,[/i:ho2h120j] came the wolf’s reply.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Afterwards, Blaze and Aurora, with Veraka and Drakin on their backs, were hurtling towards back down the trail that Veraka and Drakin had originally made their way up to Lunien on.
Both the paladin and assassin were anxious, they’re worry so palpable that one could almost taste it.

As the two raced along, the sun started to rise, its great beams of light flooding through the forest trees, as Blaze’s hooves and Aurora’s claws dug into the ground and propelled them along at breakneck speeds.

Blaze thundered down the forest trail, his deep, thrumming breathes a testament to his loyalty and devotion to a worried Veraka; all the while, Aurora blitzed right alongside Blaze, Drakin on her white, furry back, her winter wolf stamina nowhere near giving out.

[img:c1tinm5a]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... 33d1ar.jpg[/img:c1tinm5a]

For the next half-hour, the two mounted fighters charged through the forest, unyielding and unrelenting in their momentum. When Veraka and Drakin arrived at their destination, the aasimar felt his stomach turn inside out.

Many of the cottages were on fire, the orange flames of death revealing a scene that chilled the blood of both seasoned and battle-hardened fighters. Bodies lay on the cobble stone street, their blood pooling into the cracks. Men lay with swords broken, ripped to shreds. Children lay with screams of torture frozen on their faces, gazing unseeing up at the blue sky that they should have been laughing at. The women lay not far from the children; many of them had their clothes ripped from their bodies, indicating that they had suffered far more than their husbands or even their children.

As the shock of the scene set in upon the two friends and then left, Veraka felt his anger sore as his rage took over; a deep, guttural growl emanated from him as he charged into Tapiel. Drakin followed, though a bit more slowly, but fast enough to keep up with the giant paladin, so that he wouldn’t fall behind the enraged aasimar.

As the two made their way through the town, closer to the center, scenes more horrible than the one on the outskirts became more and more brutal. Bodies, completely naked, were frozen into grotesque sculptures. More bodies lay strewn about on the ground and hanging off rooftops, all of them with skin completely gone.

But, the worst appeared when they searched the center of the town. Underneath the statue of Chauntea lay what remained of the villagers. An altar of human, elven and half-elven corpses, with the sacrificed bodies of several infants put upon the top.
Veraka let out a howl of anguish and rage that rivaled that of an elder dragon, whilst Drakin whispered a few chosen words against those who would slaughter such innocence.

The aasimar tore his eyes away from the unholy scene before him and looked across the square to where his house lay. He breathed a momentary sigh of relief at the sight of it still standing. That was before fear gripped his heart to new heights as he saw the door was nearly lying of its hinges.
They both ran inside, weapons drawn.

Inside was completely demolished. Tables and chairs lie overturned about the floor, evidence of spells in the form of scorch marks on the walls, a couple more bodies of some of the townsfolk lie crumpled agasint the wall; but no sign of Veraka’s family.
“NERIAH!!” he screamed, his heart pounding like a hammer, in fear for his family; “Alasse!” “Dante!”

Veraka began running room-to-room, leaving his friend to keep watch. He shoved aside bookcases and other pieces of furniture in his search for his children and where they could be hiding; he prayed that they were.
The aasimar ran across a small room devoted to his god, Bahamut, when he heard it.

“Daddy?!” came a small child’s cry; “daddy, is that you?”
The trapdoor! He had nearly forgotten the about the hidden cellar that Neriah had him put in. Veraka nearly hit himself; he must have run over it at least five times.

“Alasse?!” Veraka exclaimed as he skidded to halt near the top of the hidden latch that led to area where he heard the child’s voice. Placing an armored glove on the handle, Veraka pulled; nothing happened.

He heard a frightened scream emanate from below him. That was enough to spike his anger; a raging howl burst forth from the aasimar as he yanked on the handle with all his might, and tore it clean off from its hinges. Down below, a set of small, light-coppery eyes starred right back at Veraka’s intense, radiant silver-hued orbs of fury and concern.

“DADDY!!” came the young girls voice as she rushed up the stairs and into Veraka’s armored body, though the aasimar was both relieved and frightened as he closed his massive arms around her little form.

Veraka lifted the little half-elf girl up and out of the cellar and held her in his grip as only a loving father could for a several minutes, as she closed her small, yet surprisingly strong arms around his neck.

“Alasse, I thought I had lost you too.”

However, as soon as he said that, he heard her starting to sniffle; pulling his daughter from his embrace, Veraka looked her in the eyes and asked, “what’s wrong, sweetheart?”

“They took mommy, and Dante too. They took them both, and mommy was fighting and yelling as they took her,” she sobbed, small tears tracing river paths down her tan cheeks.

Inside himself, Veraka felt the rage of his dark side awaken. The berserker knew that he was in duress and wanted him to harness its dark power; it wanted Veraka to call upon its powerful, yet malevolent abilities to fuel his own rage. However in that moment of agonizing turmoil, the aasimar chose to comfort his crying daughter rather than succumb to his berserker rage, but part of him relished the thought of unleashing its ungodly might and wrath upon whomever it was that had taken Neriah and, their son, Dante, from their home. Part of him wanted to see Marala Vharc’s wicked adamantine edge plunge into their chest and to have them know what it feels like to have the power and wrath of a storm called down upon them to cook them alive.

As the aasimar looked into his child’s eyes, Drakin’s raspy, but very concerned, voice came through the doorway; “Come on, ya big lug, save the emotionally stressing entanglements for later.”
The aasimar’s anger skyrocketed; “WHY!!” he roared back.

“We’ve got company; and the not-in-the-friendly-mood-chatty type.”

Outside, three squads of drow assassins, each teamed with two tiefling warlocks, awaited for their bait to take its effect. The drow were relishing the anger spewing from the huge paladin, whilst, the warlocks were more concerned with the half-drow nearby.
The warlocks silently commanded the drow to ready their hand-held crossbows.

Drakin’s slow, piercing gaze spotted one of the warlocks earlier than they’d have liked, and he narrowed in on that spot.

“Veraka, get the small-fry outta here, NOW!!” the assassin barked, unsheathing his shotel and spurring Aurora into a run, one of which the winter wolf was only too happy to oblige. Just a second later, a dozen drow-poison tipped bolts whizzed in and thudded into tree trunks where the wolf and assassin used to be.

“MOVE IT, PALADIN!!” Drakin shouted as a [i:c1tinm5a]Fireball[/i:c1tinm5a] roared in a little too close for comfort. “Now, damn it, NOW!!”

Veraka didn’t need a second saying so to get the idea that someone wanted him dead very badly. Right as he exited his own home, two drow jumped him and pulled out twin daggers each.
“Do you know how much favor this little hunt will gain us with Lolth?” one of the assassins asked Veraka mockingly.

“As much favor as you’ll gain with her [b:c1tinm5a]dead[/b:c1tinm5a],” the aasimar growled back as he, holding Alasse in his free arm, lunged forward, shield bashing the speaker in the face. The force from Veraka’s attack pushed the other drow rogue backwards, dazing him for a split second, but that time was all that was needed for Blaze to raise his front hooves off the ground, neighing violently as he did so, and smash the stunned drow into pulp.

Veraka didn’t have the time to finish off the other drow assassin, as a [i:c1tinm5a]Arc of Lighting[/i:c1tinm5a] crackled in. Dodging to the side while shielding his daughter, Veraka dived outta the bolts path, even as Alasse let out a shriek of terror.

The aasimar got to his feet just as Blaze trotted over, and snorted. The storm warrior didn’t need a second opinion as he jumped onto the saddle and slung himself up with Alasse in his arms.

“Daddy, LOOK OUT!!” the young girl screeched, pointing at the drow crossbowmen just as they unleashed a torrent of quarrels. Veraka instinctively raised his shield, covering his daughter completely from the assault, while his dragon armor absorbed the rest of the shots.

“Come on, Blaze; HEYAA!” he exclaimed, spurring his celestial-blooded warcharger into a full-on gallop. The celestial-descended warcharger burst into a sprint, his mental bond with Veraka, multiplied by the aasimar’s anxiety, spurring the stallion on to new speeds. Blaze thundered out of Tapail at full speed, followed closely by Drakin and Aurora, whom were sticking to the shadowy areas, trying to give Veraka, Alasse, and Blaze some time to put a little distance between the attackers and themselves.

Drakin, atop Aurora’s white furred back, waited in silence as the drow hunters and tiefling warlocks drew closer. He dismounted from Aurora, and stalked off into the shadows whilst Aurora found covert to hide from the drow hunters until Drakin needed her.

[img:c1tinm5a]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... s_4E-1.png[/img:c1tinm5a]
((Blue dot is [b:c1tinm5a]Tapiel[/b:c1tinm5a], red dot is [b:c1tinm5a]Lunien[/b:c1tinm5a], the yellow path or line is the path Veraka and Drakin took on the way to and from Lunien, the Black path/line is the course that Veraka, Alasse, Blaze and Drakin with Aurora are on now, and the Orange dot is where the campaign/RP begins, or where the players can meet up with or catch Veraka and Drakin))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((*cracks knuckles*))

Inrii slid off the horse, nodding in agreement to the ranger at the suggestion of staying staying in the Old Skull Inn. She patted the horse's thick neck a moment as he dismounted his own horse.
"my timing is getting better," she said her ebon fingers feeling the soft thick winter coat of the mount. the mare neighed as it vanished from sight, the spell expiring. the air was cold like she remembered; winter was clearly here, and it was so different from the warm lands she'd been in for so long. '[color=green:1tbyprt3]I'm back[/color:1tbyprt3],' she said to herself with a smirk.
her shimmering black piwafwi hid her face in its shadow as she was careful to keep her skin color hidden in these lands. she knew as did most, Shadowdale would not be friendly to her race, especially since her house, one she hadnt heard from or seen in a decade, often gave the people of the town trouble. the sorceress whispered a few words and her skin was a suddenly a dusky tan. she then pulled her hood off to let the tresses fall free around her. Her hair was also different, colored to a purplish tint that faded to its natural silvery look as it fell to her knees.
"that should do it"
she didnt bother to change her clothing appearance at the moment. she was already [url=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... g:1tbyprt3]dressed[/url:1tbyprt3] different than usual.
Besides her underlying leather armor, Inrii had a couple of unique items that threw out her drow sense of appeal and desire to show off and turned it outwards. Her light, deep blood-red shirt, which fit snugly around her small frame, but still left plenty of room for her to move, should a situation demand it. Made of spider silk, the shirt would not tear easily, yet still provided the mobility that drow oh-so loved. Loose cut sleeves drooped down to the drowess’s wrists, giving her a semi-innocent look if her arms were by her sides, but nonetheless, the looseness that those sleeves afforded Inrii much more movement with her arms than one would guess.
A pair of form fitting silk-woven, enchanted pants slid down her legs to her knees, their coloring amplifying her shirt and giving off a sense of jealousy to anyone who was into the fashion genre. Lighter than leather, but still durable enough to take damage. Her pants were augmented by a skirt that split along the side, giving both a practical use of increased mobility, as well as a form of protection for her legs. The silken, semi-transparent skirt that served more than just a fashion statement, which tied along right hip, afforded the Drowess a place to host her powerful sword. The skirt also had many dark-flame patterns stitched into it, a testament to the sorceress’s more, [i:1tbyprt3]flammable[/i:1tbyprt3] side.

An emerald scaled lizard head poked outta the pouch on her side. then she crawled up to her shoulder and sat comfortably, violet eyes scanning the area. Looking around Inrii was quick to notice the town was not so busy at the moment for the time of day it was. She shrugged not too concerned, tho clearly aware of her surrounding and always prepared. Despite her current quest, to hunt down her hated foe- Alya, she was in a good mood. In fact she'd been a rather pleasant mood for a while. Of course there were bad days, but the drowess was genuinely happy. and this hunt hadnt dampened that.
Inrii pulled out the neatly folded map and reread the handwritten note. The wizard-cleric from the South had scribbled a few locations on it and notes, most concentrated on the Dalelands. It was still guess work, but it was more than she had. Alya was well guarded against any attempts to find her, so it took nearly two years to gather this small bit of info. It was nothing for the life of a drow. She'd spent the last near decade, traveling, and of course training with the ranger. During the ensuing time, the two had grown [i:1tbyprt3]very [/i:1tbyprt3]close.
When he was off his mount and ready, they walked twords Old Skull Inn.

((thanks v for the discription help))[/size:1tbyprt3]
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Dismounting as well he couldn't help but to chuckle" Yes it is." His outward attire had changed only slightly it seemed. Taking her lead he changed the skin color as well though it was under the hood. His skin took a similar tone as hers but a little ashen. Signifying perhaps a rarer elf type? One could never tell. The hood was matched with the cloak. Pushing the hood back his hair spilled out with what seemed to be far more elaborate designs and knots in the hair, which had become natural for him. It seemed he took a little more pride in his appearance. Shifting the cloak so it was more on the side it revealed the new style he had taken. The once plain hide armor was shifted to have more metal. The glint of the mysterious metal contrasted the black hide. However on close look was small dark gems and scale it seemed he took on a more elaborate look something more prestige. It retained the essence of who he was. The most unique thing was not what was on his person but the design, it had more of a primordial overtone.

Looking to her then to the inn he offered a smile before moving to her and wrapped an arm around her. His horse disappeared as well. It was clear the two had become closer, and maturity grew, though the two did get into trouble still. Eili Climbed up onto his shoulder sitting there. It had been an interesting decade, he found his family and ironically they didn't try killing him or her. Thing that he did learn was the blood that runs through them which seemed to allow them to live longer. But like him they managed to earn a boon to extend their lives. Taking a breath he spoke." Been awhile since we've been in the area, you know?"
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

A trio of horses- a gray mare, a huge palomino stallion, and a small but elegant-looking blood bay mare- trotted up to the Old Skull Inn, their riders raining them in at the post. One was tall, clearly of elven blood from his features and pointed ears- and there the resemblance ended. His skin was golden, his sapphire eyes were those of a serpent, he had a pair of small horn-nubs high on his forehead, and his jaw just a little too long, and his nose just a tiny bit too flattened along the ridge to be pure elf.

The claws at the end of his long fingers were another clue. He wore his silver hair cropped short in a military style, but with a long, thin braid of golden locks down each side just over his ears, with small beads and bright red-gold feathers tied at the bottom. He was dressed comfortably in a plain white linen tunic and black leggings, an elegant elven long sword at his left hip, and a shiny mithril breastplate on his torso beneath a plain gray cloak. A sky-blue shield with a symbol of a silver crown encircling a lightening bolt and scepter hung from the saddle, and the same symbol was beaten into the breastplate.

The second rider was female, and closely resembled the hulking male, save for a more delicate and feminine appearance. Like him, she had tiny horns on her head, and claws on her delicate fingers.She wore her hair- identical in shade to the male's- long and free, but with long golden braids much like those of her companion. She was dressed in blue kid-skin skirt and vest, over an ivory silk shirt, with a bright blue cloak over it. A slender elven rapier and several small pouches hung from her belt, and there was a VERY large pack on her back. She had a calm, almost regal demeanor, a clear difference from the stern visage of the other odd elf.

The last rider, on the blood-bay, was slightly shorter, lean of limb and with a graceful manner. Though hooded, the masculine figure was obvious, as was the easy way he carried himself. He was dressed more elegantly than the other two, with dark blue silk tunic under a forest green velvet doublet and a cloak of the same shade, his legs sheathed in close-fitting black leather and soft black boots. He appeared unarmed, but carried a polished black lute with twenty strings- it's long straight neck wider than normal, and kinked at the end to accommodate the extra stings- strapped across his back.

He pulled down the hood, revealing a face that was young, handsome, and satiny black. His ears tapered to delicate points, and his snowy white hair was long and pulled back in a low tail with a black velvet ribbon. He was obviously a drow, though the winter-blue eyes spoke of possible surface elf in his background. Looking around, he nodded as if in approval, and started to hitch up his mount.

"We're here," he announced to the others, though the sign in front said as much. "You see, Palax, I told you it would not be hard to find."

"I still don't understand why we are even here," muttered the tall golden elf.

"Bother, we've been over this-" said the female with an exasperated sigh. "Sir Veraka invited us to visit, and now that Zak and May are a little older, it's a good excuse to come see his family." She said, as a small face peeked up from the top of the open pack. It belonged to a small girl-child, perhaps three or four in human terms, with huge blue eyes and silvery-white hair, and most definitely of drow blood, though her skin had a golden-sheen to the ash-gray hue.

A similar face peeked out from under the woman's cloak, this one belonging to a boy. "Momma, are we there?" he asked in a soft, sweet voice, and the girl echoed the question.

"Yes, Zak, we're here." The mother smiled down at her little one, while the drow chuckled, helping her let the small boy down.

"Looks like they were getting anxious!" the drow said, and took the little boy in his arms.

The toddler hugged him, smiling. "That's the longest horse ride ever, Daddy!" he squealed, and the girl nodded agreement. "Yeah! We've been gone a LONG time!"

"You should probably put up your disguise spell, now, Lothir," muttered the knight with a grimace. "Don't want the locals screaming 'Drow!' and grabbing pitchforks, now, do we?" He turned to the dark elf with a smirk.

"Oh, yes, I'm sure that would break YOUR heart, Palax." The drow retorted, then rolled his eyes, and sang a simple incantation while trying- despite the squirming boy in his grip- to wave a hand over his face. It changed almost instantly into that of a human male with curly black hair and clear green eyes, and a slightly ruddy complexion. "There, now just remember to call me 'Lucian', and we shouldn't have any problems with the locals. If anyone asks, just say I'm from Amn. No one here will know the difference."

"And those two won't give you away?" asked the knight dubiously, while his sibling lowered the girl from her back.

"We can just tell people that Vala was ravished by a drow in my absence. After all, she IS quite ravishing, if I do say so!" He chuckled at the joke, and the knight rolled his eyes, while his sister blushed. They finished tying up the horses and went into the inn, worn, but happy.
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin watched as his friend moved quickly down the trail before getting to work. As he moved down the trail after Veraka, Drakin began to set as many traps as he could. None of them were very lethal but his objective this time was to stall the Drow. One of these traps was merely a simple, thin elven rope that he tied to a tree.

He stepped back into the shadows and grabbed the other end of the rope as the first of the Drow rounded the corner. The Drow yelled at the sight of their escaping prey, the warlocks summoned a pair of nightmares for the Drow to catch the escaping paladen.

The two mounted Drow started howling in glee as they charged down the path. Drakin ended their celebration early by pulling the rope taunt. One of the drow was unlucky enough to catch the rope in the neck as the rope hit both of them. Drakin nearly flew forward as the Drow were taken from their mounts.

As he rolled through the shrub, hemoved towards a different target other than the downed drow. The worlocks were his prey. He moved out into the open mere feet away from the worlocks. A slash of his shotel and one was silenced forever as his throat was opened. Before he could finish off the second he heard the sounds of Drow charging his back. A few cries of surprise came from them as they discovered his snares, but he knew he didn't have time to kill the worlock.

Still, as he sprinted back into the woods, he knew he was successful in at least distracting a few of the dark elves as he heard them in close pursuit. [i:i407wrcq]Now we'll see who's the hunter, and who's the prey,[/i:i407wrcq] thought Drakin, though he knew something the Drow didn't. There was a really pissed winter wolf somewhere in these woods that would just love to say 'hello' to the Dark Elves.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Even as Drakin tripped up the pursuing drow, Veraka thundered down the trial towards Shadowdale, atop Blaze.
As the warcharger dug his hooves into the soft, but cold earth, small flakes of white started to fall down from the sky.

Alasse's eyes peered up into the graying sky as she was no looking into an approaching snowstorm.

"Daddy, will we be okay?" she asked, looking up to her armored father.

Veraka looked down to his young daughter and smiled reassuringly, and replied "yes, Alasse; we'll be okay."
Blaze ran on, his huge lungs inhaling deep breathes of air, then snorting them out as he blitzed towards Shadowdale.

Over the clinking of the greatsword, Aphyon'arisa, strapped to his back, and Marala Vharc on his side, Veraka's hearing picked out something odd coming up upon them, though what he wasn't sure of, and for the sake of his daughter, was scared.

Aurora, hearing that Drakin's surprises had worked, crept through the woods with all the stealth and quiet that a wolf could muster. Despite her snow-white fur, Aurora was no amateur at hide and seek style tactics. Positioning herself beside a huge tree trunk, the winter wolf waited for Drakin to pass by her hidden location.
Her keen nose picked up the approaching drow, mounted and not, as well as the warlocks coming up not far behind.

[i:3j132np4]I hope that those bastards know what wrath they've invoked upon themselves; the Abyss would be paradise compared to what I'm gonna do to them,[/i:3j132np4] she thought to herself, as she heard Drakin's light-as-a-feather footfalls coming closer.

It was too long before the assassin passed her location, not more than thirty meters away; just then she spotted his pursuers.

[i:3j132np4]You drow picked the wrong family to raid and hunt this time,[/i:3j132np4] she fumed to herself, as she sprang from her hidden location. In three great hurtles, Aurora was on top of the mounted drow, her jaws coming down to clamp onto one's neck, and tumble off of his mount.

The winter wolf rolled with her prey in her maw, clamped down like a winter's fury. Aurora then proceeded to shake her head about, throwing the captive dark elf around like a rag doll, as her serrated teeth sank in deeper into the elf's neck, a testament to the wolf's wrath, fury, and pent up rage at what they'd done to her little brother, and his family, which was the equivalent to her pack.

With the vengeance that fueled her, Aurora shook the drow back and forth, again and again, despite his screams of agony and pain. Finally she heard a satisfying 'SNAP!!' from underneath her jaws.

Tossing aside the corpse effortlessly, Aurora then turned her fury upon the other drow pursuer. Not even bothering to get in close, the winter wolf opened her maw, and unleashed the frozen fury of the North upon the unsuspecting drow rider. Instantly, the elf was frozen, a dark figurine of ice.

Smirking as only a wolf could, Aurora then continued on after Drakin, intent on finding the assassin before the other drow did.

Within the Old Skull Inn, patrons enjoyed the fine drinks of the place, as well as the odd music that played in the background from some hired minstrels. Behind the bar, a young half-elf maiden kept the customers in-line with a friendly smile and a twin bouncers, both of whom were also half-elves, but at nearly 6'4", and muscled like a bull, they weren't very much intimidated by anyone that crossed them.
Their job, listen to the boss, and remove unruly customers. Not many faces looked up when Zek and Inrii entered, followed shortly by Palax, Lothir, and Vala with the children.

((I leave it up to you guys to describe where you sit.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

The sorceress smiled to that. It was strange to be 'home' or in the vicinity of home anyway.
"Yes it has been. if i recall, we were on the way to the cursed town, four of us?" she thought for a moment, "ah, not much has changed it seams."

the door to the inn opened as a couple walked out, dressed for travel. they looked up to the odd elven couple entering then passed on. Inrii grabbed the door before it closed to enter.

Inrii looked around to the people. It was strange but a comfort no one paid them mind, and that their disguises were working.
She made mental notes of the patrons as well as the bouncers, just in case anything should happen. the door behind them open followed by the odd family that entered.
The sorceress pick a far table away from everyone in the darker side of the floor. The fire place ablaze on the other side of the room kept most people concentrated there. Taking her seat with the ranger she leaned back and rested an arm on the table. the music in the background from the minstril was odd to her but another reminder of how long she'd been gone from the area.
a wiry waitress came twords them, her hazelnut hair pinned in a bun showing her as human, for the most part. somewhere she had elven in her line. (half elf + human i think = human)[/size:1qloyvf8]
"whadya have?" she said, her voice a slight bit raspy.
Inrii thought about it letting Zek decide first. Zarstra climbed out and onto the table and moved over by the small candle. The waitress' grey eyes grew wide but she ultimately said nothing, apparently use such to oddities.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Following her lead he caught the door as Inrii entered before him. Eili muttered [i:2m3wj1fe] Finally... warmth... you know how long we've been in the elements? [/i:2m3wj1fe] Reaching up he gave the feline a brief pet almost as if saying he knew. Sitting next to her Eili climbed down and sat near his feet on the cloak.

He was taking stock and note of his surroundings thinking for a long moment before speaking." Any kind of honey mead will do, warm." Having been on the surface for so long he learned of the different drinks in the world and his body adjusted over time to deal with the different potencies of them. Some even made excellent bases for things. Leaning back in his seat finally he stretched briefly" What's on the menu for food?" They were here, might as well make the best of things. He'd be silent for awhile until either the waitress or inrii spoke, his mind thinking back on the time that had passed. By this point, it was nothing but a blink of an eye, but even at that there were a great many moments.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin heard the commotion behind him that plainly said that Aurora had joined the fight. The Drow behind him slowed down a bit, split between going forward after Drakin or going back after the wolf.

He helped them get over their indecision by spinning back towards them and planting a couple of throwing daggers into one's stomach. The remaining two Drow continued after him.

Moving slowly backwards, Drakin started moving his shotel in a slow, weaving dance before him, not allowing his defenses to remain the same for long. The Drow, one weilding a sword and dirk the other twin serrated daggers.

As the Drow with the long sword tested his defenses, Drakin let out a shrill whistle, just to be sure Aurora knew where he was. Then Drakin went on the offensive. Slashing back and forth between the two Drow, using the curve of his shotel to try and get around either defence. All he needed was a scratch and the wyvern poison produced by his ivory shotel would even the odds against him. Only problem was that neither were a novice and both covered each other. He ended up being put back on the defensive a couple of times by being blocked by the Drow he wasn't attacking.

And to make matters worse, he didn't know where the last warlock was. He hoped it would be Aurora who found him first.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The trio entered and looked around briefly, with the female noticing vaguely the others gathered in the room for their meals. She was glad to be out of the cold, though she and her twin hardly felt it as much as most, due to their own internal heat. That was hardlt common knowledge, however. The odd siblings found a table, the faint scent of saffron trailing in their wake, while the young human male went to the counter and ordered three spiced ciders, four roast chicken meals, and a picher of milk in a quiet and strangely-accented but melodious voice. As soon as he had them- carefully holding the drinks to avoid spilling anything- he moved over to the table with his companions, and set them all down.

"Drinks all around, and for my little angels, I have a special treat coming, if you finish your dinner. The birds are rather big, so you'll have to share one." He announced with a smile. The two small children grinned, and the young girl flunge her arms around him, her silver-white hair and dusky grey, gold-sheened skin contrasting with his ruddy complexion as she kissed his cheek.

"What is it, Daddy?!" she asked, little blue eyes shining brightly. "Yeah, is somethin' good?!" queries the boy. One or two patrons turned to glance their way, no doubt wondering how such a strange-looking child could belong to the human- who appeared still fairly young himself. A few even smiled at the small display of affection, though with curious stares.

"They're doing it again," murmured the tall golden knight, glancing about. "I told you this would be a bad idea. Everyone in the place has been staring since we walked in."

"Oh, relax, Palax- no one really cares what you look like. They've probably just never seen golden elves before. Now ME, on the other hand, they might be less tolerant of...." The curly-haired male tosses him an arch look, and smirks.

"Don't worry, brother dear. They are probably just jealous of your heavenly good looks!" The woman says with a smile, chuckling.

"More likely wondering about the horns and claws," mutters the knight sourly, and shakes his head in exasperation at the ribbing from his sibling.

The food arrives, and the peculiar family falls to eating in silence for a few minutes, with the two young children happily tearing into their shared meal.

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

It felt good to be home again. Zana and Vlad had been away from the Dales for too long, one mission after another.

"Time to take a nice break," Zana sighed, glad to be so close to home. Some more training would do her good, and Vlad could sleep as much as his feline body wanted. They were passing through Mistledale now, coming from the north west.

They were traveling along a small forested path, and would be coming close to a few small villages soon. The forest was nice and serene, soothing to the mind, so both Vlad and Zana walked in silence. But the serene feel was too serene, too quiet...

[i:2hp0dy5u]You sense that?[/i:2hp0dy5u] Zana switched over to telepathic communication just in case someone was watching them. [i:2hp0dy5u]Something's wrong.[/i:2hp0dy5u]

[i:2hp0dy5u]And something smells odd,[/i:2hp0dy5u] Vlad lifted his massive white tiger head higher in the air. [i:2hp0dy5u]It smells like...like...meat. Rotting meat.[/i:2hp0dy5u]

"Mayer there's a dead animal near by," Zana suggested, thinking it's all in their heads and they're just over reacting. "We're close to Trapiel now, maybe we've just been away from home too long. We can catch up there, and get some grub."

[i:2hp0dy5u]Sounds good.[/i:2hp0dy5u]

They rounded a corner, the trail leading directly into Tapiel, and Zana stopped dead. "Vlad..." she said, breathless. Her mind raced as she took in the whole scene before her. Bloodied bodies everywhere, massacred.

"Vlad...VLAD!" She screamed his name, horrified by the sight and smacked Vlad on the shoulder.

Vlad was in the same state: speechless.

Zana sprinted into town and almost gagged when she saw the alter off bodies. "Who the fuck would do this?" she whispered, getting madder and madder by the second.

Shouting from the other side of town drew her attention away from the alter. She glimpsed four figures, two mounted on the other two, a horse and a wolf, blitzing it from the village, pursed by drow and warlocks.

"Let's go," Zana ordered, deadly serious. She wanted answers and she would get answers. They doubled back onto the path they had come from and noticed their path was only about thirty meters from the path the escapists had taken.

"Wait," the thought struck Zana. "We know those guys!"

[i:2hp0dy5u]We haven't seen them for...I don't know,[/i:2hp0dy5u] Vlad recognized them as well.

The giant wolf and the assassin stayed back and were fending off their pursuers, setting traps and what not. They finished off some of the band, but two drow and the warlock were still there.

Zana pulled out her bow and grabbed a couple of arrows, knocking them into place. She aimed down and spotted the warlock, coming up on the fighting assassin. She looked for the wolf to make sure she wouldn't be in her line of fire, and fired both arrows in succession. The arrows found their target and sunk into the body, felling it.

Vlad charged down the slight hill and aimed to distract the fighting drow. He lept to the side of the battle, hopefully he wouldn't distract the wrong fighter, threw back his head and let out a deafening roar.

Zana followed him part way down and drew her sword.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka continued to roar down the trail he was on with Alasse in his lap, his warcharger, Blaze, thundering down the trail, his breathing ragged and deep.

"Daddy," came Alasse's young voice.

"Yes, my daughter," Veraka asked, looking down at his daughter. Tears were brimming from her copper-hued eyes.

"Why did those people take mommy away? and why did no one help her when she fought back against them. She was by herself, and they took Dante as well."

Veraka felt anger well up inside him as his own child was asking the very question that he was trying to forget the answer to. The fact that she had seen Neriah fight off some of the invaders also meant that Alasse had seen those two villagers killed in their home.
He looked at his daughter and replied "I don't know, Alasse, I just don't know." As Veraka said this, he felt sadness well up inside. He just couldn't bring himself to tell his daughter that her entire village and home that she'd known had been destroyed and slaughtered. How could he do that to her; Alasse, along with Dante and Neriah, had lived in Tapiel her entire life and would be devastated and hollowed if her own father told her that everyone that she'd grown up to know and call her friends, were now all dead and killed in the most gruesome of ways.

The thought of how their bodies were put up as a sacrifice, gave Veraka a sudden urge to kill something, or someone. Blaze continued onward towards Shadowdale.

Aurora leapt and bounded through the forest trees, catching up with Drakin, as he had passed her a little while ago. The winter wolf came upon the assassin fairly quickly, though she did notice how the last warlock accompanying this drow raiding group go down due to two arrows protruding from its chest, which was soon accompanied by a very large white tiger, which came roaring out from the direction of Tapiel.

[i:3ru6d54s]If that's the furball I think I know, this is gonna get [b:3ru6d54s]greaaatttt[/b:3ru6d54s],[/i:3ru6d54s] Aurora thought to herself as she jumped one of the two slightly deafened drow surrounding Drakin, claws slicing down.

By the time the drow realized what was going on, one pissed off wolf ended his life quite violently. Looking up, Aurora saw the other drow, wielding the longsword, stare at her, momentarily distracted.
That distraction proved to be his undoing as Drakin deftly palm struck a nerve in the drow's back, inducing a paralysis upon the elf, which he swiftly followed with a reverse slash from his shotel to the neck, killing the dark elf instantly.

It was then that the other two squads of fighters and warlocks emerged from the forests edge, near the road side.

[i:3ru6d54s]Drakin, we have to move, NOW![/i:3ru6d54s] Aurora roared in Drakin's mind.
The assassin, though, didn't seem liking the fact that the wolf had told him in his mind that they needed to move, nodded his head, and jumped onto her furry back.

Aurora took off, her powerful muscles propelling the her and Drakin to unbelievable speeds.

Opening up a link between herself and the white tiger, whom was now where Aurora and Drakin had been, the winter wolf said to him; [i:3ru6d54s]listen up, tiger; if you and your female marksmen want to live, I suggest that you both ignore and evade those two groups of drow and tiefling warlocks. They seem intent on finding my little brother and his daughter. So stick to stealth and make yourself scarce. I'm heading towards to the Old Skull Inn, in Shadowdale, along with my little brother and his friend.[/i:3ru6d54s] With that, the winter wolf ended the link and ran on, hoping that the tiger had enough sense not to attack two fully armed and prepared assassination squads.

And so on they ran, Aurora with Drakin, and Veraka and Alasse, atop Blaze, all of them intent on leaving the warlocks and drow hunters behind them. For the next 15 minutes, Blaze thundered onward towards Shadowdale, his mental link with Veraka giving him all the more reason to push himself to his very limits.

Finally, Veraka saw Shadowdale, and the guards that routinely patrolled its borders. When he came blitzing up to the city-limits, several of the guards readied their weapons, looking a little anxious at the approaching armored paladin mounted on his warcharger.

"Halt!" shouted one of the guards, a burly one at that, raising his hand towards an approaching Veraka. Blaze, sensing Veraka wanting to stop, came to halt in front of the guard, snorting in his faceplate. The guard ignored the stallion, looking up towards Veraka.
"What be yer business here in Shadowdale, traveler?"

The aasimar, feeling his anger rising, dismounted from Blaze. As he hit the ground, his weapons clinked against his armor; rising to his full height, Veraka walked over to the guard, and stared [b:3ru6d54s]down[/b:3ru6d54s] into his eyes.

"My name is Veraka Orden, paladin and storm warrior in service to Bahamut, Lord of the Northern Winds. I just came from a small town, not thirty clicks due southeast of Shadowdale, Tapiel by name. The entire village has been slaughtered as well as another small hamlet, almost directly south of Shadowdale, called Lunien. I must speak with Shadowdale's guard captain, [b:3ru6d54s]immediately[/b:3ru6d54s]. I was followed and then, chased by the towns assailants."

"Beggin' yer pardon, good paladin, but what would and more importantly, [b:3ru6d54s]why[/b:3ru6d54s], would anyone attack two small towns just to attack a paladin, such as yourself, especially if ye're in the service of the God of Justice?" the guard asked, eying Veraka and sizing him up.

"I'm not sure, to be honest, but I have reason to suspect that it wasn't just me they were after," replied the aasimar.

"Daddy, are we gonna wait here all day? I'm scared that they may come after us here too," came Alasse's voice, just as she peeked her little head around Blaze's thick and well-muscled neck."

The guard rasised a brow toward Alasse first, then looked at Veraka; "she be your daughter, Sir Veraka?"

"Yes."

"And who be chasing ye both?"

"Drow hunters, lots of drow hunters, and they had evil magic-users too," Alasse exclaimed, using her small hands to emphasize her point.

"Is this true?" he asked Veraka, a surprised, but hard expression on his face.

"Aye, up till a few moments ago," Veraka said, nodding to affirm the guards query.

"Be makin yerselves at home in Shadowdale, Sir Veraka. I ain't bout to let them damned drow take ye or ye daughter. Have a good day," the guard said, waving Veraka into Shadowdale, and Blaze, who trailed behind the paladin.

[i:3ru6d54s]Aurora; you and Drakin are gonna have to find a more subtle way into the city; I don't think the guards will let either of you in, especially given the fact that Drakin's half-drow.[/i:3ru6d54s]

[i:3ru6d54s]Understood; is Alasse and yourself safe for the moment?[/i:3ru6d54s]

[i:3ru6d54s]Yes; we're both within Shadowdale; we'll meet you at the Old Skull as originally planned.[/i:3ru6d54s]

[i:3ru6d54s]Very well, stay safe until then.[/i:3ru6d54s] With that, Aurora closed the link.

Veraka guided Blaze towards the Old Skull Inn. When they arrived near the entrance; Veraka went over and lifted Alasse off of Blaze and set her down.

"Alright Blaze; take it easy for a bit. I'll be back soon enough," the aasimar said to the warcharger. The stallion snorted, but understood and went over to the stables.

Veraka pushed open the door to the Old Skull and led little Alasse in, giving anyone the [i:3ru6d54s]I'll-fucking-kill-you[/i:3ru6d54s] look who gave his little girl more than a curious glance.

The young lass spotted a golden skinned elf, possessing both claws and a tail. She had two younglings of her own, and was seated next to a human with black hair and a young complexion, as well as an armored knight of the same physical attributes.

"Auntie Vala!!" Alasse cried out with joy, running over to greet the half-dragon elf.
While his daughter ran over to Vala, Palax, and a disguised Lothir, as well as their children, Veraka gave a glance over of the crowd. His eyes came across two figures that he thought he knew from a time ago. Giving them no more than a curious glance, the aasimar strode over to where his daughter had ran, a half-drained look on his face, but with a smile that showed his love for his daughter.
Last edited by veraka on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"Blancmanger is today's special. it's a chicken and rice casserole with apple and onion salad. Suquet is a seafood stew. then there's the usual beef, poultry, and pork dishes," the waitress spoke.

"Juice...cranberry, and smoked salmon in a sage sauce with a side of figs," she replied to the waitress. for such a skinny girl, Inrii could eat. "and cookies," she added giving a cheesy grin to the waitress who gave her a rather funny look to her order. but she said nothing.
Zarstra speaking to Inrii thru the link, "[color=red:83mj4qs7]I'll take...[/color:83mj4qs7]"
"[color=red:83mj4qs7]you can share with me. the last inn incident didnt go over so well, now did it[/color:83mj4qs7]," the disguised drowess replied in fake reprimand.
the lizard just stuck out her tongue then gave a lizard grin.

when the ordering was finished and the waitress head off, Inrii smiled looking around at the crowds. her hand fidgeting with the thin silver chain around her neck, her mind on a million different thougths at once.
"a nice warm bath, a soft fluffy bed, a good nights rest...just sounds so inviting," Inrii said softly, "and a change from bedrolls on the hard ground. sooner or later anyway."
her hand tucked a few loose strands behind her pointed ear. the glasses were brung out first, the mug of mead set before the ranger, and the other before the sorceress.
"as long as nothing happens anyway."

as fate would have it, while sipping the drink the door opened again. Inrii half looked, but it was enough. and to not recognize the nearly 7 foot armored male.
Inrii blinked, still not sure she was seeing right.
"no...way..." she said softly, "is that..." she started to whispered to Zek.

the girl with him ran over to the family that entered after them. the large male looked their way but said nothing.
"naw, it cant be."
turning attention back to her own table. besides, it been what, almost 10 years? not likely. tho there was alot of physical resemblance she had to give him that.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: V, it was black hair in the disguise, not white. Just FYI. :p

IC: The trio and the twin toddlers were deep into their meal when the door burst open again, to reveal a very upset and disheveled -looking Veraka. The disguised drow looked up, his eyes going wide, even as the young girl with him came running over to Vala. The woman smiled and held out her arms to her, scooping the girl up in a hug.

"You must be Alasse!" she said, ruffling her hair. "You were a tiny thing the last time I saw you. You remember Palax, don't you?" she asked.

"Well, there goes my cover," sighed the drow, leaning back to pick up his lute from the floor and strum it absently. He waved to the huge knight, nodding to him in greeting. "Welcome, Sir Veraka, a pleasure to see you, as always! It's been a while, eh, abbil?"

"My greetings to you, fellow knight, and follower of the Platinum Lord," said Palax, standing up and saluting him. "You look a bit worse for your trip, Sir Veraka. Come, have a seat and rest."