[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

OOC: Blah, blah, I'm tired, so there :p ))

IC: Alasse basically jumped into Vala's embracing hug, enjoying her hair being ruffled and all. She squeezed Vala as hard as she could, not wanting to be released from the embrace as a child would her own mother. Then, upon hearing Vala's question, the young girl released her hug from her aunt(basically her aunt), and looked at Vala and then to Palax, whom stood up to greet Veraka.

"Uh huh," she replied, her little copper-hued head bobbing up and down in acknowledgment of Palax and her memory of him.

"He daddy's fellow knight and your brother," she said, her memory as a sharp as a razors edge, as she looked up to Palax for a brief moment, then back to Vala.
"I'ma glad to see you, auntie," she said, giving the elegantly dressed woman another tight-child hug.

The platinum armored aasimar smiled lightly at his daughter and her antics; one of the few things he could smile at now, given the current events that had happened. He did, however, make a very interesting observation at the two oddly dressed couple over a few tables away. He then spotted an emerald green lizard near the odd, tanned-female elf. He then made a reference to the male's armor and oddly shaped bow.
[i:2kx30oqj]By Tyr's right buttock, it can't be [b:2kx30oqj]those[/b:2kx30oqj] two; guess there's one way to find out.[/i:2kx30oqj]

Opening his mind up, Veraka sent out a telepathic thought towards the lizard; [i:2kx30oqj]Emerald scaly one; do ye know one winter wolf by the name of Aurora?[/i:2kx30oqj] With that, he left the link open, but said nothing else.

At Lothir's greeting, he nodded towards the bard; "A little too long, Lothir. A little too long, indeed. But no matter, good to see you, ya musical nut," he replied, joking lightly, as he walked over, clipping his shield to his back and his helm to his belt.

However to Palax, Veraka went formal, returning the knight's salute with a crisp one of his own, saying "My salutations, Sir Palax, and thank you." Then taking the offered seat from Palax with grace, Veraka remarked, "However, it is not my trip that has me worse for wear, it's. . . . " his voice trailed off, as if the Abyss had opened up right behind him.

"Mommy's been taken, as has my brother too!" Alasse exclaimed to Vala, Lothir and Palax, finishing her father's words for him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana watched as the rest of the first group got annihilated and saw two more approaching.

[i:il45nil1]I say we get out of here, [/i:il45nil1] Vlad suggested, taking the hint from the winter wolf.

[i:il45nil1]Good idea,[/i:il45nil1] Zana sheathed her sword and took off in a sprint after Vlad, who was already running full tilt three meters away. She added a little extra speed and wrapped an arm around Vlad's neck, nimbly jumping onto his back, having done it many times before.

"Where too?"

[i:il45nil1]Sadowdale,[/i:il45nil1] he replied.

"Ooh, fun," Zana said with full-on sarcasm, knowing that Shadowdale was one place in the Dales where drow weren't welcomed. "I'm pretty sure Veraka will be there before us and inform the guard about the drow following us, meaning they won't be too happy to see," Zana thought outloud.

[i:il45nil1]How do you want to go about this?[/i:il45nil1] Vlad asked, smirk forming. [i:il45nil1]Trickery or sneaking in?[/i:il45nil1]

"Trickery won't work this time, just cause they'll be alert, so I suppose we sneak in."

They neared the outskirts of the city and Zana jumped off Vlad and pulled on gloves to disguise her hands and pulled on a piwafi with a deep hood. She tied all of her hair back and suck it behind her, making sure no white strand would show. She cast a spell granting Vlad camouflage and she, herself, disappeared behind the invisible cloak.

"Let's find our way in," she grinned, eager to catch up with some old friends.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin and Aurora moved quickly through the woods, outpacing the summoned mounts of the Drow.

As Shadowdale came into view, Drakin said to Aurora, "Let's go to the other side," he told her, "the guards won't be as attentive."

Aurora gave him a grow.

"I know that you don't like being away from Veraka any longer than you have to. But, we're going to find it hard enough to get in from a direction that hasn't been attacked yet. I still don't know how your even going to get in without scaring the crap out of everyone."

Once they started approaching the opposite gate he had Aurora stop so he could get ready.

Drakin pulled out a kit of various supplies out of his bag and using different plants and chemicals began to change his apperance. He weathered and age his skin, lightened his skin so that it would look tan and not as dark as a Drow's, and used a chemical to make his hair look thin and lank.

Looking back at Aurora, Drakin said, "Unfortunatly, no ammount of makeup would make you look like a cuddly puppy. So I'd say you should patrol the area so that we can have some warning if the Drow do attack."

Drakin moved up to the road, out of sight of the guards and stooped slightly and allowed a limp into his step.

The guards didn't seem at all worried at the sight of the 'old man' coming up the road."

"Have buisness in town, old timer?" asked one of the guards

"Nah," Drakin said with a wheeze, "Planning to travel North, but didn't fell like spending another night on the road. Need a fire for these old bones, and I wouldn't say 'no' to a drink either."

"You don't seem to hae any supplies."

"Just enough to jump from town-to-town," he replied, bouncing his pack on his shoulder, "just needed to see at least see this small part of the world."

The guards seemed satisfied with his story, "All right, go on through."

Nodding to the guards, Drakin moed as fast as he could without drawing attention and found the correct inn quickly enough. Needless to say, Veraka was easy enough to find inside.

"So much for my time off."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((just posting as the lizard till Zekafae replies.))

Zarstra looked around, all the sounds and colors, and smells, she was up for exploring.
then a mental word not from Inrii came thru to her. If a lizard could, she would have had confused look. Someone was talking to her. of course calling her scaley one wasnt a good start. but it was ignored when a name was mentioned. A lizard didnt have the best memory when it came to two-leggers. and Zarstra was old for lizards. but it was curosity that got her going. and if she found some shiney baubles, then better!

Inrii noticed Zarstra's strange reactions.
"[color=red:pv3h6k2i]what are you doing?[/color:pv3h6k2i]"
"[color=red:pv3h6k2i]going to explore. bring back something good[/color:pv3h6k2i]."
"[color=red:pv3h6k2i]behave,[/color:pv3h6k2i]" Inrii said with a smile.
at times, she swore Zarstra picked up her habits.

the sneaky lizard climbed down and moved stealthily around, no idea who spoke to her.
"[color=red:pv3h6k2i]odd voice in my head?[/color:pv3h6k2i]" she asked in a sing song way.

[edit: just assume we're on the [i:pv3h6k2i]far [/i:pv3h6k2i]opposite side of the tavern.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Both males rose instantly at the little girl's statement, with shouts of anger and shock. Vala whipped her head around to stare at Allase with a stricken look. She turned back to Veraka, almost accusingly. "Why didn't you TELL us in the first place?!" she asked, her eyes wide. "Do you know where they went?"

"Sir Veraka, if there is anything you need, I am at your service. Say the word, and I will help you hunt down whoever did this."

"So will I," announces the disguised drow, setting down the lute. Both little ones look up, suddenly aware that "something is going on".
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked up, both grief-stricken and hurt at the same time, at Vala as she asked her question, despite the shouts from both Palax and Lothir.

"I've no idea where she and Dante have been taken, hell, I'm just as surprised I found my daughter in my home where she was and all. From what little I was able to gather in as little of the time that I had, I'm guessing that these people who got Neriah and Dante, were no amateurs. If they were, they'd not have left this on the ground where Neriah and the kids were staying whilst I was returning from a mission that both myself, and a friend of mine, were on," as he finished his sentence, the aasimar pulled out Neriah's necklace that was specifically attuned to the same one on his neck, so that both of them could feel each other and know that the other was safe, even over great distances.

Veraka held it out for Vala to take a look at; if she grabbed the neck piece, she'd notice that it was identical to the one around Veraka's neck, and pulsed with the divine blessing that allowed both Veraka and Neriah to feel each other and even, to a limited extent, communicate with one another.

At Palax's offer, Veraka felt his anger suddenly surge, wanting nothing more than to tear apart the monsters who did this to his hometown, the people there and most of all, his wife and son.

"I appreciate the offer, Sir Palax, but even if I knew where to start, I wouldn't have the faintest clue of how to track these bastards. Hells, I had barely enough time to get Alasse out of our own house before we were ambushed by three drow assassination squads, each of them backed up by two tiefling warlocks. Someone either wanted to cover up their tracks and did so very well, or forgot to nab Alasse, and sent cutthroats back to either finish the job or kidnap her as well."

"But Daddy got there just in time and rescued me," little Alasse put in, genuinely looking upon Veraka as her hero. This little comment made Veraka twinge inside but still, he smiled back to his loving daughter.

However, Veraka looked onward again, a hopeless expression on his face.
"For once in my life, I honestly don't know what to do," He said solemly, not to anyone in particular.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Vala took the necklace from him and looked at it, recognizing the type instantly. "I've seen charms like this- in fact, Lothir and I have them too, as do our children. They were gifts from a friend on the Sword Coast." She looks at it for a long moment, deep in thought, her golden brow furrowed. "You don't know who took them or where?" she asks, clearly considering something.

The bard studies her for a moment, and seems to understand that she is working on something. "What is it?" he says softly. "Vala, you still have that compass, don't you? Could that work?"

She turns slightly, nodding. "Perhaps, if I had something to attune it to." She glances back over at Veraka. "Do you have anything small from her? A lock of hair, a few clippings, a bit of thread from a favorite piece of clothing?"

"You'll have to take his hair out of it first," observes Palax, jerking his head toward the disguised drow. "It's still attuned to him, remember?"

"Of course. I'm just asking if he might have something first." she replies, nodding.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Looking at Vala with a slightly confused look, the aasimar paladin simply shook his head; "Neriah may be among the, [b:2c7q85ew]outgoing[/b:2c7q85ew] type, but she was very fond of keeping herself in pristine condition, physically speaking. So if anything that would be attached to her, it would be on that necklace I just handed you Vala," even with whatever it was Vala was planning, Veraka had almost lost all hope already.

If anything was left on Neriah's necklace, it would have been scorched off, as where Drakin had found the neck piece had been in scorched earth.

"Daddy?" came a small girl's voice right beside the aasimar.

Veraka looked to his daughter as she held up a small, circular band of elastic in her small hand. "What about mommy's hair band she gave me?"

Veraka's face lit up with a tad amount of excitement, his admiration for his daughter always there. With a smile, he nodded towards Alasse, whom then turned to Vala, and said "will this find mommy, Auntie Vala?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: LOL!! That's just cute, V!! Ah, gotta love kid logic.

IC: She looks at the small band, and suddenly smiles. "Why, I do believe it will!" she says, and takes it from her, handing the necklace back to Veraka. She fishes in her small travel-pack for a few moments, still clenching the hair-tie, and finally comes up with a small sailor's compass of gold and star-metal, with a silver needle and a few strands of what appears to be white hairs wrapped around the center-post the needle spins on. She takes the hairs off gently, and tucks them away in a small pouch, then wraps the hair band around the post.

"You said her name is Neriah?" vala asks, and waits for Veraka's confirmation before continuing, then looks back down at the compass again, and with intense concentration, she mutters- "Point the way to Neriah." Almost at once, the needle begins to spin rapidly, but it eventually slows and stops, pointing in a direction outside the Old Skull. (OOC: It points in whatever direction the abductors took her....) "She's that way," Vala says, "though I don't know how far. But this will track her no matter where she goes."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded his confirmation of his wife's name, and then proceeded to sit back, accepting Neriah's necklace back, and watch as Lady Vala worked her magics with what Alasse gave her. His pride and love for Alasse was one of the only things keeping the aasimar afloat.

Vala's magical compass shoot around, pointing towards Neriah's location. For a brief moment, Veraka's face lit up, as did Alasse's. However, as soon as Veraka saw the direction, his heart sank. The compass was pointing directly for the Anauroch Desert.

"If they've made it past the Desertmouth Mountains, then they're mounted, they'd have one powerful spell-caster with them; portals are not the easiest things in the Realms to make, and more importantly, hold."

The huge paladin sat back, all the more concerned about the potential outcome of his kidnapped wife and son; "well, at the very least, I know that both Dante and Neriah are alive, I just have no idea if we can catch up to them. For all I know, they could be twenty leagues away."

Meanwhile, Alasse, though keen on helping her dad and auntie Vala find her mom and brother, picked up on a conversation from across the room, given the fact that she possessed her mother's elven bloodline, as well as extraplanar abilities of both her parents.

[color=red:yl3m8zwg]Two odd-looking chaps sat across the room, from both Veraka, Alasse, and the others, conversing with each other in low tones.
"Honestly, you'd think that the first raider group could get it right and nab all three of them," said the bigger of the two thugs, sloshing some ale down his throat as he finished.

"Ed, you idiot, they were barely able to get away with the two, let alone with their very lives," the other rogue hissed to him, her tone one of imminent death towards her comrade.

Ed looked at his companion and shrugged; "true that Neriah bitch, was one helluva hard-hitter and even more of a well-trained spellcaster. I've never heard of our wizard having such a difficult fight on his hands. . . . what say you, Avona?"

"I say let's get outta here, now." With that, the two got up from their table and left, the Inn's door swinging as they passed through it into Shadowdale's midst.[/color:yl3m8zwg]

[i:yl3m8zwg]They know mommy?[/i:yl3m8zwg] Alasse asked herself mentally, not even thinking twice about the other information that they mentioned. Hopping down from her seat without so much as a word, the young little half-elf girl skirted on towards the door, and made it through just as it swung inward.

"Hey, do either of you know mommy?!" Alasse asked, well rather shouted, towards the shady pair as they turned into an alleyway. When the young girl turned into the dark passage, she go several stares from the raggedly-dressed street urchins and beggars.

She ignored them, despite the small invites, and sometimes, odd treats offered outward. Spotting the odd pair, Alasse continued onward, still asking her question out-loud, even as the two rogues sped up in their pace.

((Back at the Inn))
Veraka continued talking to Lothir, Palax and Vala, when a sudden gasp from Vala cuaght his attention.
Turning towards the half-dragon woman, he asked, "Vala, what's wro. . . ." his voice trailed off as his eyes quickly counted the children present. His number reached two, and his blood chilled to zero.

"Alasse!" he exclaimed, getting up from his seat and marching to the middle of the room, but found himself staring at blank expressions and a few negative stares coming his way.

"The door!" Lothir cried from behind him. The aasimar turned to see the inn's swinging.

"By the Platinum One, no," Veraka whispered to himself, as his body reacted, propelling him towards the door. He burst through it, and looked out into the city; Veraka found himself staring at several folks with odd stares, looking at him as they passed by.

Looking down, Veraka found himself looking at his daughter's light prints in the fresh blanket of snow, from the recent storm overhead. What spiked the aasimar's worry was the two sets of heavier, deeper tracks that led into the nearby alley.

Not saying a word, Veraka found himself hurtling into the dark passage, intent on finding his daughter.

[color=red:yl3m8zwg]The two rogues found themselves wondering what to to do about this little bothersome child.
"Avona, what does the child want?" Ed growled at his partner.

Looking around her shoulder, Avona's eyes lit up as she spotted Alasse.
"Ed; I believe that our job has just begun."
He smiled as they both turned about, confronting little Alasse with twin grins on their faces, hands however, at their belts.[/color:yl3m8zwg]

The young girl skidded to a halt, just about to shout her question for the twentieth time, when the two rogues turned on about, maniacal grins on their faces. Her copper eyes showed fear in that instant, until a berserker's howl roared into the sky from behind her. She saw the two rogues look up and saw their jaws drop for a moment at who had issued the challenging roar.

Alasse didn't wait; she turned about and ran back towards her father.

"Where are you going, little one?" shouted one of the rogues from behind her. A waiting Veraka, whose eyes glowed red with a demon's fury, stood in the alley. Those beggars and street thieves, who'd offered Alasse those treats before hand, now backed up and away in terror, scared of platinum-armored berserker that stood before them, seething rage from his very aura.

[color=red:yl3m8zwg]"Get the girl," Avona shouted, as she rushed forward, acting as a distraction for Veraka, whilst Ed went shadows, and crept up on Alasse.[/color:yl3m8zwg]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana and Vlad skirted the city, looking for the best possible entrance. They passed a lone guard near the back, and her cloak must have brushed him cause he turned. A look a confusion came over his face and Zana froze. [i:2dlc6rhp]Crap.[/i:2dlc6rhp]

[i:2dlc6rhp]Now what?![/i:2dlc6rhp]Vlad exclaimed. He turned and saw the guard starring straight at Zana. [i:2dlc6rhp]Great.[/i:2dlc6rhp]

Zana slowly backed up, hoping he would think it was just the wind, but he didn't. He reached out a hand, testing the space.

[i:2dlc6rhp]Guards aren't supposed to be this smart![/i:2dlc6rhp] Zana started to freak out a little, but didn't lose her cool. If she moved any more, he would figure it out, but if she didn't he would feel her. She continued to back up, but too late.

The guard felt her cloak. A look of surprise came over his face and he clenched his fist, tearing it off.

"Shit," Zana said, flatly.

"What is the meaning of this!" the guard exclaimed, drawing his sword.

"Umm, well...ah...you see, it's a long story..." Zana stumbled, unsure of what to say.

The guard starred her down, "I've got all day."

[i:2dlc6rhp]Zana, we've got a problem...[/i:2dlc6rhp]Vlad interrupted.

[i:2dlc6rhp]Not now![/i:2dlc6rhp]

[i:2dlc6rhp]Look, damn it![/i:2dlc6rhp] Vlad lost patience.

Zana looked to her left, past the guard, and saw a little girl pursuing two thugs, followed by Veraka. "Ah, shit."

"What was that?" the guard demanded, getting mad.

Zana blitzed past him, entering the city, drawing her sword. "What do you think you're doing!?" she screamed at both the thugs and the girl.

"Hey!!" [i:2dlc6rhp]Hey!![/i:2dlc6rhp] She heard both Vlad and the guard shout.

[i:2dlc6rhp]What does she think she's doing![/i:2dlc6rhp] Zana thought, both amazed and horrified at the little girl. The thugs turned and shouted something, running the girl, even though Veraka was charging them as well.

"Don't you dare go near that girl," Zana whispered, immediately becoming defensive, parental instincts taking over.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[b:36f1fy3k]~Eilistraeean enclave. Thunder peaks, not too far from Highmoon~[/b:36f1fy3k]

It was a morning filled with birds singing and soft rustle of the grass. Another day, many things awaiting to be accomplished. Luexena stretched on her cot, bringing her hands up to her face and studying the long cuts covering her forearms. Casting a glance down at herself, she saw more long thin cuts marring her charcoal skin. The dance was amazing, her Erel'lua'ae was sticking point-down from the ground and she, sky-clad, danced against it, pressing against the singing blade momentarily and pulling back, staining it, blessing it with her own blood, watching the magnificent sword glowing even brighter in the moonlight. Her Sword Dance.

The young drow pushed herself up and stretched again, gracefully, slipping her tunic on and making her way to the waters to bathe, humming a little under her breath. The cool crystal-clear water was so refreshing... She chuckled quietly, gleeful, then dressed again, heading to the garden. She felt a little guilty about it, not giving it any attention for several days. Of course the thorns were using their chance to try and choke the vegetables. The priestess wrinkled her nose a bit and squatted down, weeding the thorngrass out.

Luexena straightened above the rows of nicely weeded crops, placing her hands upon the small of her back, looking the garden over to see if anything else was needed to be done. The young priestess picked up a watering-pot, moving to the spring to cup the water. Surely the work in the garden was not the easiest one but she loved it despite the blisters and sore back. There was something pacifying about it, besides watching the plants grow was making her feel rewarded for her efforts.

The distant song was flowing in the air as her sisters began singing again. Luex caught herself smiling and shook her head, moving to set the watering-pot by the shack, then walked to the appletree and tiptoed, snatching an apple and biting into it, glancing to her injured arms once more. These cuts will heal soon.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=darkblue:2hc9v742]Though Luexena’s day was a lively and serene one to start with, soon however, she would find herself in the midst of a vision of darkness, rage and fire. Through the midst of fog and dark energy, the priestess would find herself in a sea of fire first, where a fey’ri woman was crying out, lashing out against her chains that shackled her, to an invisible enemy that seemed to be in the background.

The fey’ri lashed out, rage and sorrow in her eyes as she snarled at someone nearby, tears dripping down her reddish-brown skin, as the eye-view shifted to a young, small male half-elf lad, no older than 6 years of age, crying for his mother.
A wicked, spider-shaped knife came into view, barely stopping at the boy’s neck; a voice came into effect, one of strong feminism and power, a drow high priestess by anyone’s guess.
“Where is the rat’s father?!” the voice’s owner shouted at the fey’ri.

“I don’t know where he is at,” cried the mother of the young boy, only to earn a back-handed slap across the face. She turned around, her honey-amber curls dripping down across her face, shielding her glowing crimson-blazed eyes. Even as tears of sorrow and worry soaked through her clothing, she gritted her teeth as the voice yelled its question again.

This time she responded through a clenched jaw; “if you want him so badly, just wait long enough; he’ll find [b:2hc9v742]you[/b:2hc9v742].”

The vision then shifted to show a platinum dragon scale armored aasimar of great stature, brandishing a lighting-charged bastard sword, and howling with a vengeance. His armor seemed to radiate divine light from it, despite his rather enraged state. For a moment, the vision shifted to a white, near divine aura, as if the aasimar paladin was casting the aura himself; in an instant, however, it shifted black as the starless night. In the center of it again, was the aasimar, but something about him was different.
His armor was tarnished, his aura gone, replaced by something that was more animalistic, more primal, more ravaging.

The aasimar turned about, but instead of his glowing silver eyes, the vision was met with hate-filled, wrath-seething orbs of raging vengeance. Chaos swirled about him like a maelstrom, and darkness clung to him like a magnet. Then he let out a guttural roar that sounded like crossover between an enraged dragon and a frenzied demon.

Luexena’s vision then lost the aasimar and turned to a sea of absolute cold, blackness. A mist swirled around, only to form into the Spider Queen herself.
Lolth walked with a wicked, lustful elegance that no mortal could match, her maniacal laughter echoing through the darkness. Then the Spider Queen lashed out against the vision, which came to abrupt end at once. [/color:2hc9v742]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Dammit, V, now I gotta go chasing after your hide.... LOL!!

IC: Having suddenly realized that Alasse was missing, both Palax and Lothir exchanged a quick glance, and Palax was about to say something, when Lothir noticed the door and exclaimed, pointing at it. Then Veraka spun around and took off through the door. The pair exchanged another glance, and quickly shot out of their seats, their chairs tipping over in their haste.

"Stay here with them," the bard told Vala over his shoulder as he followed the second knight outside into the cold. He saw Veraka just about to round a corner, and Palax was already striding after him, his hand already at his sword-hilt. The bard quickly reached down in one swift move mid-stride to slip his own blades from their sheaths in his boots.

Palax rounded the corner right behind Veraka, his own long gait eating up the distance. He saw the pair of thugs, and his eyes narrowed dangerously. He drew his sword, the blade "shinging" against the scabbard as it pulled free, shining brightly even in the gray light from the clouds overhead. He saw the little girl running toward him, and was vaguely aware of Lothir coming up behind him, still in his human disguise.

Lothir softly whispered the command for his blades, and they grew in an instant into the gleaming sabers with their names written in elvish. He stepped up beside the other two, his eyes locked on the pair of thugs. One charged at Veraka, but it was the other one he focused on. His blue orbs narrowed as he watched the man attempt to melt into the shadows, and he suddenly grinned, singing out a short verse that sent a small globe of light whizzing swiftly to the spot where the man had tried to hide, lighting the shadows like a torch to reveal him.

"Not going to happen today, dalharn d'naha elg'caress!" he said, as he dashed toward the thug. Meanwhile, Palax exploded into motion, matching Veraka's charge stride for stride, roaring with the impressive volume and animalistic quality that only one born of dragon blood could manage.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The animalistic, dark rage that possessed Veraka, let loose its power, as Veraka surged forward, barely registering Palax's movement's next to him. He didn't even bother to draw Marala Vharc, the aasimar was so far into his charge, until the two rogues made moves that made his heart skip a beat.

Alasse ran as fast as her little legs could power her; she was vaguely aware of the rogue behind her, whose movements were now no small secret.

"Daddy!!" she cried, reaching out for Veraka, even as he rushed toward the nearest rogue.

[color=red:k0bsinr6]Avona, seeing the first paladin, followed by another and a bard now, rush her and her partner, quickly decided to make this quicker. As she charged the on-rushing paladins, she twirled a bolas above her head, and then hurled it at Alasse.

Ed, mean while, noticed that Avona had thrown a bolas toward the young girl; "so she wants to end this quickly; alright then." As he said this, he drew twin throwing knives and hurled them, simultaneously, at the little girl. The knives, however, were enchanted to produce a thick spider's web as soon as they were thrown. The web, was however, invisible, so none could see it.[/color:k0bsinr6]

Alasse was running as fast as she could force herself to, when her legs suddenly stopped running. She couldn't move, despite her efforts to, and she fell to the ground, a screech of surprise and worry coming from her as she did.

The berserker roared in defiance as the two rogues through their items each at Alasse, and then right afterward, he heard her screech out in surprise, and fall to the ground. However, in a moment of desperation, and great worry, Veraka overpowered the raging berserker in him by will alone, and reined it in under his command.
With its dark rage fueling his movements, the aasimar rushed towards his daughter, his legs outgunning Palax's great strides, as his instincts to protect his daughter rose to the surface.

Time seemed to slow down to a near halt as Veraka blitzed his way over to Alasse; when he reached her, the aasimar let his boots give out from under him, going into slide, and embracing his fallen daughter in a shielding hug, his heavy adamantine shield going 'PANG' as two thrown knives impacted it, and bounced harmlessly off.

Underneath his shield and wrapped arm, Veraka saw his daughter look up to him with beaming copper eyes, and then she smiled. Not even saying a word, little Alasse wrapped her small arms around her father's neck in a loving embrace, even as a battle, quick as it were, raged on outside.

Stalking outside the city, Aurora continued to wait patiently for Veraka and Drakin to return to her, when she saw the white tiger and half-drow that he was with, come up and then head, running, into Shadowdale.
[i:k0bsinr6]At the very least, they were smart about getting outta there in one piece,[/i:k0bsinr6] she said to herself.

A second later, the great wolf sensed two, no, three presences she hadn't felt in a long time; [i:k0bsinr6]the old ranger, the fiery sorceress, and the odd lizard, here; what a coincidence,[/i:k0bsinr6] she thought outwards.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix