[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin gave the wizard a smirk as Inrii walked away, "Thank you for that bit of information wizard," he moved towards Rhivat with his blades.

"I doubted that you knew anything valuable," he continued with a shrug, "But, now I know that you're just the fall guy. I doubt your leader, god, or whatever even told you any valuable information at all. Just a pawn."

Drakin gave Rhivat a little cut on the cheek, "But, unfortunately for you, there still is a possibility that you do know something. So, I won't be asking anymore questions. If you remember anything pertaining to my friends here, and don't hesitate to shout it out."

Without another word he started.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Unsheathing a blade he moved closer." Keep the man alive, I'll make him scream what I want.." Watching silently" They say.... the eyes are the doorway to the soul.. If we're killing him, I'm removing his eyes first and his tongue." Moving to the side he spoke darkly in the victim's ear" Tell me everything you know, if you have family, I will find them. And I will kill them slowly, while telling them you sold them out." The disturbing thing was, he was not joking, he had no qualms on following through. Evil? No if nature can kill indiscriminately so could he.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin blinked a couple times then smiles, "Ah," he said with mock surprise, "So the silent one speaks!"

"He is yours," he said as he stepped away from Rhivard then sat down in an empty chair. Kicking his feet onto an empty table, he sat back to watch.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

(OCC: this is going to be a little long, so forgive me, but the new frog (thank you Luexena!) needs a proper intro.)

IC: The half breed female was shooting at the squad of four rogues, so the group returned fire. Xandin looked and drew his bow, [i:1w2076ta]Crap, now there’s more.[/i:1w2076ta] A small group of random fighters had accumulated and they were attacking the rogues, they obviously had something against the rogues. Xan fought with all his might. Today really hadn’t been his day; first, the thrice be damned drow band he and his brother had been working with mistakenly attacked and killed his brother, and second, he had lost the child girl he had been searching for.

The human male fell beside him, dead. [i:1w2076ta]Good[/i:1w2076ta], he thought, he had never liked him anyways.[i:1w2076ta] Killed by another human, at least an elf didn’t bother to waste his breath on him.[/i:1w2076ta] Xandin had always been prejudice towards humans, ever since his whole family, twelve brothers and sister, and his mother and father had been put to the sword by a group of humans just because of their pointed ears. They hadn’t even been drow, but the humans had claimed their blood had been poisoned by that of the father, a moon elf. Only he and his brother had survived, away on an errand that day, they’d missed being captured. From that day on, Xandin and his brother had sworn to cause any human or person aligned with them harm, and to give them as much grief as possible. Which had led them to this particular family.

The moon elf was next to fall. [i:1w2076ta]Damn, I was starting to like her[/i:1w2076ta], he gave only minor thought to her death. He wasn’t in this as a group; he was in it for himself, so attachments were something he avoided; something he’d always avoided.

He glanced to his left; it was only him and the female human now. Out of his peripheral, he noticed a huge six and a half foot hulking beast charging him, wearing full dragon scale armor, and he did not look happy. Xandin raised his sword to block the attack only to be dropped to the ground. His sword was gone and now the huge behemoth was twenty times the original size.

“Holy F’ing SHIT!!” Xandin tried to scream, but to no avail, words had not found their way out.

The half aasimar was now in full swing, with nothing to hit. The momentum brought him tumbling forward, casting a massive shadow over Xandin.

[i:1w2076ta]Oh this is so not good[/i:1w2076ta], he shook his head in horror. The armored paladin fell around him, sharp elbow and knee plates gauged into the ground around, encompassing him completely.

[i:1w2076ta]I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die,[/i:1w2076ta] he frantically thought over and over. [i:1w2076ta]Wait….How in the nine hells did he get so big--? Ah shit!![/i:1w2076ta] An elbow plate tore into the ground not a centimeter from him.

Xandin squealed. [i:1w2076ta]That’s not my voice![/i:1w2076ta] He was totally taken aback. He ran for his life, but he was hopping, not running. But the man got him first, scooping him up, he showed Xan to someone he couldn’t see. “Put me down!!” he tried to yell, to his amazement, the giant did.

He hopped away. “What in the blazes…?” But the only thing that came out was a croak.

Xan raised an arm, only to see a green, warty, amphibian claw. [i:1w2076ta]What the…?[/i:1w2076ta] He hopped over to a small puddle of water and looked into it. [i:1w2076ta]Holy fucking shit!![/i:1w2076ta] He exclaimed. [i:1w2076ta]What in the all the hells that ever existed happened! I’m a freakin’ frog! What do I do? What d’ I do? Wha’ d’ I do!? [/i:1w2076ta]He panicked, ribbiting furiously and bouncing like he was rabid (something not entirely possible for a frog). He continued to panic for a good five minutes until he began to get a grip on himself.

[i:1w2076ta]Okay, okay,[/i:1w2076ta] he took two deep breaths. [i:1w2076ta]Let’s handle this professionally….I’m a freakin’ FROG![/i:1w2076ta] All self control that he had just gained fell through as if it were never there. [i:1w2076ta]Calm… calm down, Xan,[/i:1w2076ta] he tried to reassure himself. [i:1w2076ta]Wait, if I’m a frog, that means I can just do whatever I please. No more orders, no more fucking teamwork,[/i:1w2076ta] something he’d always hated, [i:1w2076ta]no more nothing! Ewww, I wonder if this means I have to eat insects. Not something I really want to do.[/i:1w2076ta] His attention was momentarily distracted by a small fly buzzing nearby. [i:1w2076ta]Hmm, tasty snack? Perhaps[/i:1w2076ta], he thought, forgetting about the nasty taste they’d bring and felt the urge to snatch out at the fly, but instead, his hunter instincts took over. He went low to the ground and quietly crept up on the fly. The fly turned and looked at him casually, then out of nowhere and much bigger horse fly appeared. The horse fly buzzed towards Xandin with ungodly speed.

Xan let out a squeal of surprise and booked it away from the fly. He ribbited like a mad frog (if you will), “This isn’t supposed to happen! The food isn’t supposed to chase me!! It’s the other way around!!” He skidded around a tree and hopped like no frog before him, back to the city. He skidded under the legs of someone. It was that damned half breed! She stepped to the side, shifting her weight. “Hey! Watch it, lady!” he bellowed, which turned out to be only a loud ribbit. She moved again. [i:1w2076ta]Nobody has any freakin’ courtesy anymore! What has this word come to? Hells, I’m the last of my family and I’m a frog! Sorry, dad, but this name ain’t getting passed down. [/i:1w2076ta]

Xan hopped to the nearby trees, feeling really lucky now. There had to be a reason why his life had been spared. It was the will of the gods, perhaps. He asked himself that the rest of the day. The rest of the squad had been killed, and he had been spared, even though he was a frog. The gods have granted me clemency; he raised his two front claws to the sky. He had never believed in any gods up until this day.

He felt a sudden urge to help. Just help someone. The gods had spared him his life, so it was his turn to repay the debt. He would never take another life, only live to save. He also believed in an old wives’ tale. He needed to find himself a lady. One that would love him for who he was and not what he looked like. This is what would grant him his true form again, and then he would really be able to do good. Now, whoever the lucky lady may be, he’d really have to work hard at getting her attention, let alone getting her to kiss him.

After a couple days or so of living off the land, Xan encountered a small child. The boy bent down and picked him up, “Mama, look!” the little one exclaimed, scooping Xan up.

[i:1w2076ta]Wait! Wait!! What are you doing! Put me down! I will NOT be man-handled![/i:1w2076ta] Xan began to croak and ribbit like crazy.

“How cute,” the human mother said.

The boy squeezed Xan a little. “He’s so squishy!” the boy squealed with delight.

“That’s a wonderful name! Squishy!” the mother exclaimed.

[i:1w2076ta]Squishy? Hmm, what an odd name. Yet…I suppose I could get used to it. I mean, it’s only fitting; I did almost get squashed by a hulking aasimar. Xan thought it over. How about Xan the Squishy? Or Squishy Xan? Or Xandin, the all powerful Squishy One? You should make a song called “Ode to Xan the Squishy.”[/i:1w2076ta] He knew they couldn’t hear him, but it was worth a shot. He tried to ignore the fact that they were human, and tried to realize they were harmless.

Over the course of a four or five days, Squishy, as he now preferred to be called, studied the open spell books that the mother left strewn open about the house. He studied the art of healing, having vowed never to harm again. Occasionally the mother and child would give him odd looks as to why he was making odd noises, but he ignored them and kept practicing.

He began to plan his escape. He loved this small family, but it was time for him to bid them adieu and travel, looking for true love (I know that sounds cheesy) and a chance to help. His first stop was Skullport, a place of crime and villainy, and a place where the followers of Eilistraee were. There, he would study under the priestesses and perhaps become a priest himself. For it was he, Squishy, the healing frog, that would save humanity as they knew it.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

(OCC: And now something for my actual character(s))

IC: Zana lowered her bow now seeing that the fight had been fought and won by the random group that had conglomerated to help Veraka. She saw the half elf get shrunk into a frog by the priestess that had entered the picture. "Nice one," she complimented.

She watched as the frog got scooped up and set back down by Veraka and then saw him hop away.

[i:28hdd979]I kinda feel bad for that little guy, [/i:28hdd979]Vlad said, [i:28hdd979]he has no idea how hard life is for the little guy.[/i:28hdd979]

[i:28hdd979]And you're speaking from experience?[/i:28hdd979] Zana's sarcasm flowed through her words.

Vlad rolled his eyes and then laughed.

Zana cocked an eyebrow, "What?"

He raised a paw and pointed it at the last standing rogue, now completely bound by rope. "Someone blow on her, see if she falls over," Zana muttered, laughing.

[i:28hdd979]Or light the rope on fire,[/i:28hdd979] Vlad shrugged.

[i:28hdd979]Feeling evil today, are we?[/i:28hdd979] Zana raised an eyebrow.

Vlad chuckled darkly, [i:28hdd979]Maybe.[/i:28hdd979]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

//zana... <3 rofl, that was awesome!

As the fight was over, Luexena finally relaxed some. Her back was on fire again, all thanks to the still fresh marks left by a snake-headed whip - but she'd take care of them later. The priestess straightened, watching the frog ribbiting and hopping away. Did she feel pity for the man? Perhaps. But he deserved it and the drowess did not regret her decision. Perhaps someday she will remove the spell and let him become his normal self, but not yet. [i:3pcy6zlp]All in the hands of the Goddess.[/i:3pcy6zlp] She whispered and casted a glance over to Kalannar.

[i:3pcy6zlp]...What are you doing here, friend?[/i:3pcy6zlp] Luex breathed out, though shook her head right after. [i:3pcy6zlp]Actually, I am not surprised. Stalking me again?[/i:3pcy6zlp] She muttered, though in reality she was pleased he was there with her, she trusted the pirate and felt safer in his presence. Then the priestess approached Veraka, greeting him and the others with him. [i:3pcy6zlp]I am glad I found you, sir.[/i:3pcy6zlp] Glancing to the little girl, the priestess smiled some, reaching to her pouch and taking out a moonstone, offering it to her in a gloved palm. [i:3pcy6zlp]I am sorry I hurt your eyes some, dear.[/i:3pcy6zlp]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

//Epic frog is Epic.

Kalannar grinned as he saw the rogue taken down by his throwing knives, and then he just blinked as he watched the one bandit get changed into a frog. He wasn't suprised by the spell, and he almost felt sorry fo the man, knowing much what it was like to be caught on the recieving end of that spell from the priestess. Though when she changed him, it was into a chicken. When the attack was over he quickly made his way to the rogue he felled and drew the knives from his flesh, wiping each clean on his thigh as he mvoed to get the various darts he had tossed to help stave off some of the attack on Luexena. At her question, he'd simply give off a large grin.[i:2ooszcap] Ya be thinkin' you ca' run off into som' portal withou' my findin' ou? Ought t' know better. I need t' keep you safe. [/i:2ooszcap] He'd move close to her again and would then turn to face Veraka, giving him an inquisitive glance.[i:2ooszcap] "So, wha' did ya do t' be bringin' them on ya?"[/i:2ooszcap]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Ok for this post, I'll be using Drakin, Zek and Palax for the most part. If I do use a char and don't mention them here, sorry, being tired isn't fun.))

[color=red:2pzmzsm9]Rhivat chuckled against Zekafae’s threat; “idle threats and meaningless words have no effect on me. You would spend your entire life hunting down my family, assuming any are still alive in Faerun. If you think I know more about the paladin’s family, well, maybe I do, maybe I don’t. Or perhaps I might say, that’s for me to know and you to find out.”
The wizard obviously wasn’t going to give up any information he had easily; whether or not he had anymore remained to be seen.

Zek wasn’t lying when he’d said that he’d poke out Rhiv’s eyes first, for that is exactly what he did.

“You’d best be praying that whatever awaits you in death is worth it, for I am not going to be so generous in your killing.” The assassin responded, bringing the blade around and going for the wizard’s eye. However, the wizard’s death was inevitable, as even at that moment, forces much outside of the party’s control.
Ruby tinted orbs stared into the large obsidian basin. The water was dark and murky, but the view of the room in the building owned by Latha as clear as if there in person.

A smirk was on the hidden face, a smile of wicked glee. Fingers moved as divine magic built in the fingers and released into the water. the powerful spell penetrated, carried the long distance.
The wizard's eyes grew large. Any sensitive to magic could feel the power as the magic from the unknown caster coursed through Rhivat.
Then in an instant, the frail bound body collapsed in on itself instantaneously becoming nothing more than a shell of a man as the unknown spell took effect.

Satisfied with the work, the figure motioned to the other standing adjacent to the bowl, their eyes wide in surprise, though surprise soon turned to nothingness as blackness followed quickly. With a maniacal laugh, the twin orbs turned about, and left the scrying bowl within the room, its waters becoming still as the magic around it left its bowl.[/color:2pzmzsm9]

Outside, Veraka and Lothir conversed with each other, deciding what could be done about the female elf rogue. With Lothir around, Veraka felt mildly comfortable that he wouldn’t have to worry about his little girl, until she came walking back with Palax guiding her along. The young little lass was sobbing about something, saying that she couldn’t see, and wanting her daddy.
Veraka twisted around to see his little girl looking to him, tears in her eyes, and then glared at Palax with a stare of utter seriousness.

“Sir Veraka, it seems that your daughter is afflicted with a blinding effect, of sorts,” Palax told the aasimar in an equally serious voice.

The aasimar, on a knife’s edge with his nerves, what with recent events happening as fast as they were, just about erupted in front of everyone, his anger was so tense, as was his frustration.

However, when Luexena came up and introduced herself to him, Lothir, Palax with Alasse, as well as Drakin, and Inrii near Zekafae, as well as Zana near Vlad.

[color=indigo:2pzmzsm9][i:2pzmzsm9]I am glad I found you, sir.[/i:2pzmzsm9][/color:2pzmzsm9].

Veraka nodded towards the drow priestess, letting his celestial granted vision tell him of her good heart and demeanor.
Alasse, though she was partially-blinded, at least from Glitterdust that Luexena threw during the battle, could still make out the priestesses outline through her very blurred vision.

[color=indigo:2pzmzsm9][i:2pzmzsm9]I am sorry I hurt your eyes some, dear.[/i:2pzmzsm9][/color:2pzmzsm9]
Alasse looked curiously at Luexena’s hand before accepting the priestess’s gift. Within an instant, her vision came back to her, and she stared up at Luexena, her little, round copper orbs looking at the priestess with awe and a joyful little smile.

“Daddy, she’s a Dark Dancer, a faithful of Eilistraee, like you once were,” turning to look her aasimar father in the eyes.

Veraka formed a small smile upon his face; “yes, little one. That I was, once long ago before you were born.” As he said this, the paladin squatted down, looking his loving daughter in the eyes and ruffling her soft, hazel-colored curls. “Now, you run along then to Aunt Vala.”

“Uh huh,” she replied with a quick nod, and then turned about, skipping back inside.

“Sir Palax, would please kindly see my daughter inside . . . . [b:2pzmzsm9]again[/b:2pzmzsm9].”

Palax looked to Veraka, and nodded, turning about and then walking off after the young half-elf girl.

Veraka watched his young daughter skip back to the Old Skull, happy to see Luexena had given his little girl the moonstone in her gloved hand.

He was amazed at the tenacity of children. Despite all the death around her, it might have been a day like any other, skipping or playing tag with her brother. For a second, he almost believed this was a dream and he would wake any second to find himself with Neriah lying in his arms, sleep revealing a much softer side of the fey’ri.

He shook himself from that illusion as Drakin, Inrii, and, the always calm, Zekafae rounded the corner near him.

“What’s with this one?” Drakin wondered aloud to himself.

“She’s a dead woman if I don’t get some answers from her viper lips,” Veraka growled as he turned to regard his assassin friend.

“Why does it seem so many of the pretty ones are out to get us . . . in the wrong way too,” Drakin sighed, then cracked his neck as he continued, “Well, let’s see what I can do.”

He walked over to the moon elf, his face void of all emotion. As he drew near her, he whispered, “You have this one opportunity to save yourself from any needless suffering. I suggest you take it. I am your only chance for mercy.”

“Why should I believe you, half-blood?” she spat at him.

“Because, “he shrugged, “I know what it is like to just ‘follow orders.’ And I have had enough torture and bloodshed for one night.”

She bit her lips and looked uncertain for a moment before she gave him a withering glare then spat into his face.

Drakin slowly wiped the spit form his face before saying, “I’ll take that as ‘go to hell.’”

Looking over at Veraka he asked, “How much time do we have?”

“We have enough,” Veraka said then giving the female assassin a withering glare that would put a basilisk’s to shame, “In fact, why don’t we give her to our Dark Elf friend here.”
Drakin wasn’t sure what Veraka was talking about, but was observant enough to notice the blood drain from her face.

“Ah,” Drakin said, “Such a shame. I was beginning to look forward to this one.”

“Wait!” she cried out, “I don’t know anything!”

“Come now, Liana, I’m sure you can think of something.”

“Okay! Okay! There was one thing, but I don’t know what it means!”

“Well, let’s hear it anyways”

She chanted:
‘These clues seven I give,
To find me and thee’s heart desire.
In this sea,
Under the unforgiving sun.
A piece of shade,
Offers thee a hidden key.’

“That’s all they told us,” she cried out, close to tears, “I swear! I don’t know what the other clues are!”

“The wizard mentioned finding ‘hoards of treasure, and you might find an ally’ around the Dragon Coast,” Drakin whispered to Veraka, not wanting the female assassin to hear, “Could this be referring to the same place? If so, I’m not thrilled about looking into the holes of wyrms and having them think we’re thieves.”

“You have any other suggestion, or information from the wizard?” Veraka asked.

“Not really,” Drakin responded, “The rest was next to useless, having us wander hundreds of miles, both above and below ground.”

“Why couldn’t you get ANYTHING else from him?” Veraka growled angry that they had almost next to nothing, “I thought you’d be able to get something from him, or are you slipping?”

“I doubt he had anything else, he was nothing but a pawn,” Drakin said, trying to calm his friend, “Besides after we got that much from him, he was killed by some scryer. There’s not enough of him left to fit into a flint box.”

Veraka felt his anger rise as Drakin described what had occurred with Rhivat, while he had been fighting. It was Kalannar’s timely question that quelled its burning rage.

[color=darkblue:2pzmzsm9][i:2pzmzsm9]"So, wha' did ya do t' be bringin' them on ya?"[/i:2pzmzsm9][/color:2pzmzsm9]

The goliath of a paladin turned toward Kalannar and responded;
“What did [b:2pzmzsm9]I[/b:2pzmzsm9] do to provoke those bastards into attacking me,” he said in a chilled tone, indicating the still bound female elf rogue with his hand.

“Defending my only daughter from being kidnapped, much like my beloved wife and son were not more than six hours ago. For whatever purpose or reason is unknown to me at this moment in time. If it is a crime to defend ones family and loved ones against the evils of this world, then I’m afraid that most folk have already lost.”

[i:2pzmzsm9]Well [b:2pzmzsm9]stop[/b:2pzmzsm9] being that part of the population, and start being the Veraka that is my little brother,[/i:2pzmzsm9] came one slightly annoyed winter wolf’s voice mentally to any and all who could hear it. A great white wolf came padding up from behind the aasimar, her massive 4’8” frame quite the sight.

[i:2pzmzsm9]You’re the son of a solar, and an archangel to boot, I’d hope that you’d act one.[/i:2pzmzsm9]

[i:2pzmzsm9]Besides, I smell a [b:2pzmzsm9]feline[/b:2pzmzsm9] around here,[/i:2pzmzsm9] the winter wolf sniffed the air as she said this.

“Look at her,” Veraka retorted, pointing a finger at Zana and her white tiger, Vlad.

[i:2pzmzsm9]Ohh joy, yet [b:2pzmzsm9]another[/b:2pzmzsm9] furball; lovely.[/i:2pzmzsm9]

((Thanks goes to Inrii for providing a good description of one of our antagonists so far; thanks a bunch, pyro-nut))[/size:2pzmzsm9]
Last edited by veraka on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((ok, i have tried to go to sleep. i even vaccumed, and cleaned up the living room a bit. looks like i can get a post in anyway...))

Inrii felt it, a tingling presence, a sensation on the back of her neck. She turned to the ranger, to pull him away, but the spell already happened as she grabbed his arm to pull him away from the magical buildup. Thankfully, it didn’t stike none but the wizard. But that was also a bad omen. Whoever was pulling the strings was well aware of the players.
“well, that didn’t go as expected,” she replied looking at the now dead male then to Zek.

Since that was done, there was no point staying in the building. Recasting disguises, she exited and headed twords the inn, a gathering of the folks from earlier and others she didn’t know.
--
Hearing the words daddy, and seeing the unmistakable similarity to the fey’ri she remembered well, Inrii had a sorta smug/amused look.
“my, my. I guess someone got [i:33cvmc3w]busy [/i:33cvmc3w]after leaving Anauroch. And that means I loss that bet from back then,” crossing her arms, faking upset. then grabbed a silver from her pouch and tossed it the the ranger. Zarstra poked a head out of the pouch upon hearing the jingling of the coins.

The disguised drowses remained silent listening to the conversation going on, and the fact that the family was taken, and irony it all this occurred as it did- after her so called 'lead' to Shadowdale. If the wizard hadn’t spoken there’d be no need to stick around after a quick catch-up. but if it was her house, she’d have to be involved.
so much for a nice bed and warm meal.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir listened silently to most of the conversation, simply observing as he tried to memorize everything the rogue woman said. He gave her a cool smirk at Veraka's comment about letting the drow have her, for his disguise had just faded a few moments earleier, almost without him noticing. He watched Palax take the girl back into the inn, and breathed a sigh of relief as they entered without further incident. As good as Palax was, he secretly had more faith in Vala's ability to protect her, simply because as a sorceress and bladesinger, she had both magic and skill at arms in plenty- not to mention her draconic powers. Palax had only his dragon-abilities and his still-unreliable divine gifts. the connection to his god was still tenuous at best. He had seen the knight call up lightneing on a few occasions, but other times he might get no answer at all....

Then the others came walking back, and he saw Inrii and grinned. "Well, llok who the tarrasque dragged in! Inrii! It's been a while. Still got that little walking belt with you?" He chuckled, then noticed Zana and Vlad. "Ah, and another old accquaintance or two. I'm suddenly wanting to sing 'Auld Lang Syne', for some reason..." He smirked. "Hello, Zana, Vlad. If he's feeling playful, I've got a cat-toy here all wrapped up with string he can bat around!" He waved down at the rogue.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

(OCC: Thank you, Lue and Cal.. I couldn't help myself. And don't worry, there will be more of Squishy in the hopefully near future. lol.)

Zana watched Drakin and Veraka ask the assassin a few questions, though she would have been then happy to do it herself. She'd had one too many bad experiences with assassins and drow bands. Lothir broke her thoughts, when he spoke to her and Vlad, saying something about singing "Auld Lang Syne."

She laughed, breaking her thoughts, "That would be rather amusing, Lothir, you should. And yes, long time no see. Really long time... So what bring you here?"

Vlad, on the other hand, wasn't paying all that much attention to Lothir and Zana. He had caught the wolf staring at him. He cocked a would-be eyebrow and stared back. He knew the wolf was thinking something, he just couldn't hear what.

[quote:2ihwvbom]If he's feeling playful, I've got a cat-toy here all wrapped up with string he can bat around![/quote:2ihwvbom]

Zana chuckled, "Hear that Vlad?" She looked over at tiger to see him totally distracted. "Vlad!" What are you--? Ooh." She spotted the wolf, "I see. This ought to be good..."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( huzzah for real life taking over.. and snow storms up the A))

With things being settled and their little interrogation at an end he looked at inrii and shrugged." I remember several little wages being made over time." He caught the coin and mused slightly before moving out with her pulling the hood up and getting the disguise back in order" Hate looking like this..." he muttered darkly. He knew that if it involved inrii's house and family, she definitely had to get involved. He however he knew his family was alive and unlike many drow weren't causing trouble, well unlike the common underdark anyways.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar winced at the Paladins words and emphasis on things. He knew he may have overstepped his bounds to more or less accuse the Paladin of bringing stuff on himself. But well... Either he was rich, or crossed the wrong bloke, he thought. And both can be a bad thing in the long run. [i:2i2siqvr]"Roigh' well, we ca' 'elp ya fin' your wife an' son. Iffin' ya wan'. Assumin' noone b' 'avin any objections."[/i:2i2siqvr] He replied, trying to get peoples thoughts off of him, for at least the moment. He didn't want to be the center of attention for too long after all.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked at Inrii as she made her smug expression and then decided to actually return the smirk; "you [b:3pnlusf3]could[/b:3pnlusf3] say that I lived up to an infamous gargoyle's advice and, to coin the phrase, 'did it all night long.' The little one was an added bonus for falling for my wife's well-played charms."

Despite the dire and very real darkness of the situation, the aasimar found himself actually enjoying the little jest from Inrii.

[i:3pnlusf3]Little brother; tell the over-sized feline to be a good kitten and go play with Lothir's gift.[/i:3pnlusf3] Aurora was staring at the over-sized tiger, her blue orbs as freezing as the Frozen North itself.

"You should be able to do that yourself," Veraka replied.

[i:3pnlusf3]Well, if I can, than this is me trying,[/i:3pnlusf3] the wolf replied openly, so that anyone whom could pick up on her thoughts heard it.

The aasimar then turned towards the pirate whom he had snapped at, and nodded, saying "any and all help that I can get would be accepted," he nodded towards Kalannar, affirming the pirate's offer, then turned to the priestess, Luexena.

"My thanks to you, priestess, for your help earlier assistance in that battle. However, one thing my daughter says about you has me puzzled about a couple things. First off, just why is a priestess of the Dark Maiden here, not that I'm ungrateful, mind you, just I find it odd that you are here; and second, just who are you and him?" Veraka points towards the pirate near her, emphasizing his question as to their identities.

[color=darkblue:3pnlusf3]Whilst Veraka conversed with Luexena and Kalannar about his questions, a patrol of city guards came running up to the scene, all to late in fashion, due in part to the noise that the fight had generated.

"What in the Nine Hells happened here?!" the guard leader exclaimed to the others, though it would've appeared to anyone that he was looking more to Drakin or a disguise-less Lothir than anyone else.

It was in that moment that Inrii, and Zekafae would be a little thankful that they'd put their disguises back on.[/color:3pnlusf3]
Last edited by veraka on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena watched the girl hopping off, then turned to look to the others, again feeling the weight of the swordsheath on her shoulders. The drowess rolled her shoulders slowly, again feeling her scarred skin straining, making her back ache - but she got used to this pain by now so was paying no mind to it. The lavender eyes locked upon the aasimar's face intently as the woman saught the hints of that savage fury in his features, one that she saw in her vision.

[i:3s8fvl9u]I am Luexena[/i:3s8fvl9u] She said then, softly. [i:3s8fvl9u]I was sent here by the Goddess to aid in your search. The Maiden sent me a vision of your wife and son in the hands of the Llothites. Then I saw you, in that vision, in your radiant aura.[/i:3s8fvl9u] Her expression was concealed by the shawl, so the hesitation upon her face remained unseen, most likely. Luexena wondered if she should tell him all of that vision and actually decided to wait for a better time for it.[i:3s8fvl9u] My little brother opened the portal to this place and this sneak[/i:3s8fvl9u] She nodded to Kalannar gently [i:3s8fvl9u]seemingly decided to follow. So count on us, sir. We'll aid you as much as possible.[/i:3s8fvl9u]