[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

From behind Sir Palax, and within the shadows, stalked four well-concealed rogues, each of them skilled with their chosen weapons.
One of them, a half-elf of decent stature, dual-wielded a mithral longsword, and a tanto-tipped 'mail-breaker'.

Another rogue, one of smaller height, being a full-blooded moon elf, was positioned right behind the half-elf, wielded twin stilettos, each made of adamantine, and coated with a potent spider poison.

The other two were humans, one male, the other female, each with a twin short swords and twin daggers to spare. They all crept up, silent as the still wind, upon Palax and a happy Alasse.
The two humans started to creep up upon the knight and his 'niece' when a arrow sizzled in and embedded itself into a building nearby.

"What?!" hissed the female human, turning about to see a half-drow archer far up behind the Old Skull, bow drawing back another shot.

OOC: *sigh* I might have known you would make things difficult for Palax...

IC: Even if the woman had not given herself away with the noise, Palax already sensed they were near. His keen draconic senses caught the vague scent form behind <Never attack from upwind,> he thought with a sneer, <especially when your target has the senses of a dragon!> He pulled Alasse close, his sword still drawn.

"Show youreslves, cowards! Do you even know whom you are dealing with?!" He shouted out his challenge, looking around to try to spot them. He muttered a quick prayer, and was suddenly surrounded by a soft blue-white glow (Bless). Then he spoke a single word, and his blade came to life with a quiet electric hum, along with a golden glow like the radience of the highest realms of Celestia.

"Stay beside me, Alasse," he said, and the little girl nodded, attaching herself to his left leg. Anyone who tried to get close enough to pry her loose would now have much more than he bargained for.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

It took Luexena a few seconds to drink in the surroundings as the light behind her faded and the portal shut. She looked around warily, unaware of Kalannar shadowing her every move. Palax' shout down the street made her begin to move closer to the source, trying to not attract too much attention to herself - though surely she was not the stealthy sort, wearing an adamantine breastplate beneath the thin elven chain and a heavy clawed shield and her bastard sword strapped to her back. The woman's long tresses were tied in a knot, her face and hair concealed by the dark shawl wrapped around her shoulders and pulled over her head.

Her lavender gaze took in the knight's figure in the battle-ready stance and a little girl latching to his leg, their opponents were still unseen for her. Pausing by the Staves, she whispered a prayer of [i:l1n145ev]True seeing[/i:l1n145ev] which made her eyes glow with that bright blue color again - fortunately beneath the cowl - the divine power allowing her to pierce the shadows so she could see those who were creeping on the paladin with the child. Kalannar, however, remained hidden from her if he smartly stayed behind her.

The drowess reached to her belt then, taking out a little box she was carrying with her. [i:l1n145ev]Knight. Girl. Close your eyes for a moment![/i:l1n145ev] - Luexena called out and opened the box, releasing the spell of [i:l1n145ev]Glitterdust[/i:l1n145ev] containted with it upon the area with the sneaking people. A cloud of golden particles covered everyone and everything in the area, visibly outlining invisible people and perhaps even blinding them for a moment.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar had followed Luexana quietly as she moved towards the Knight. His eyes would take in the crowd around Phalax and he winced visibly, though thankfully such a thing was concealed from peoples view. Hearing her chant a spell, he had no idea that she had seen invisible assailants, or what the cause of the commotion was, though when he saw the blaster of sparkles erupt from her hand and land on the crowd, his eyes remained peeled on them, seeking out the previously hidden foes. As he did this, he'd reach down to his satchel and would pull out a few throwing knives, poised to strike at them.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=red:38zlw9do]With his fingers smashed, his voice muted by the rag, and now among two drow and one half-breed, Rhivat did get the feeling that things were not going as were to plan. Still he was going for the gold in pure sadistic ways of keeping his way going for him.

However, when the muscle spasms started to ensue, just as the assassin named Drakin, had promised, he wasn't sure on his full plan. The pain that was there ravaged his nerves, causing the wizard to twist, and turn and buck in his seat. Still for the first half-minute he refused to say anything, until finally his body over-ruled his mind and he let forth a howl of agony through the cloth.

When Drakin removed the rag, Rhiv would say; "you wish to know where your friend's precious family is, ehh?" laughing like a crazed, evil genius as he did so.

"Very well, I know this about their destination; if you travel west you will find a sea of sand where only the road of darkness can guide you; if you go north of the sand sea, you will stumble upon a lifted sheet of ice, where foot, hoof, and paw will sting with frost of the unkind. If you go south, and around the sea of sand, you'll stumble across a coast of legends, where both man and beast have fought over rule for centuries. Within the arching peaks of that coast, you might find great treasures, several kingdoms worth; but what guardians of these hordes would lay in wait. Find that answer, and you might have an ally in your quest, or perhaps an enemy?"

If Drakin and the others weren't already fed up with his rambling antics, they would gleam another hint out of him for their patience; "whichever path you choose, think this through; will your unknown enemies take their prisoners around those places mentioned before, through them or perhaps, even, [b:38zlw9do]under[/b:38zlw9do] them?" With that said, Rhivat began cackling; "but what does it matter, you are tangling with forces you cannot begin to comprehend by intervening with the platinum one's affairs, assassin."

Then he glimpsed at Inrii and chuckled; "and I believe [b:38zlw9do]you[/b:38zlw9do] will find a surprise as well, should you continue to follow the paladin around for his lost loved ones."[/color:38zlw9do]

Alasse clung to Palax's leg as he said to, her copper eyes wide with terror. She was barely six years of age, and already she was in battles that shouldn't be happening until she was at least strong enough to lift a sword. What she didn't grasp was that all of these attacks were targeting her.

[color=indigo:38zlw9do][i:38zlw9do]Knight. Girl. Close your eyes for a moment![/i:38zlw9do][/color:38zlw9do]

Alasse did as instructed by Luexena, even though she didn't know of the priestess yet. As the [i:38zlw9do]Glitterdust[/i:38zlw9do] went off, she screamed as her eyes, even though were closed, still felt pain as her sight was sensitive to light, given her parents planar bloodlines, along with their natural affinity to see within darkness.

[color=red:38zlw9do]The four rogues at first were taken aback when Palax positioned himself in a fighting stance, with Alasse clung to his leg.
However, it was when Zana's shot pierced the male human on his sword arm, whilst the other shot was a glancing hit, not doing more than scrapping off his armor. The man keeled over, clutching at his arm.

Right as he did so, their position lit up with the [i:38zlw9do]Glitterdust[/i:38zlw9do] from a still unseen Luexena nearby. All of the rogues were instantly visible. The female human and the half-elf grunt under their breath as their eyes are blinded by the dust, whilst the male human is only relieved of his shadowy cloak, as the moon elf willfully overcomes the blindness. However, all four rogues, being well trained in their arts of sabotage and assassination, instantly drop to the ground in crouches, as Zana's new flight of arrows streaked in over head; however, the resounding couple 'CLANG's!' indicates that a few weren't fast enough in their reactions, but their breastplates compensated for their lack of speed.

"I've got 'His Holy Scaliness' and the girl, the rest of you deal with this new threat," said the moon elf calmly as she got up and sprinted towards Palax and Alasse, murmuring the words to spell while she did so, casting [i:38zlw9do]Protection from Energy[/i:38zlw9do] when she was finished.
Leaping up into the air with her elven grace, the rogue sheathed one of her stilettos, drew two throwing knives, and hurled them, one at Palax, the other for a-dread-filled Alasse.

The other three rogues, or at least the one male human who wasn't blinded, turned about to where the blinding [i:38zlw9do]Gliterdust[/i:38zlw9do] manifested from. Upon seeing a hooded Luexena, he drew several of his own shuriken, and proceed to hurl them all at the priestess, unaware that Kalannar is right behind her, his throwing knives readied. Keeping his sword readied, the rogue switches arms; [i:38zlw9do]being an ambidextrous fighter comes in handy,[/i:38zlw9do] he thought to himself, readied for whatever would come for him and his recovering comrades behind him, whilst hurling throwing stars at Luexena. Each thrown shuriken was coated with the famous drow sleeping poison.[/color:38zlw9do]

Veraka blitzed down the alley way he'd come, cornered hard, whilst casting [i:38zlw9do]Blessing of Bahamut[/i:38zlw9do] down upon himself. When his ears heard Alasse's scream, his heart stopped, blood freezing in his veins.

"No. ." he whispered to himself, drawing Marala Vharc out of its sheath on his waist.

"Blast it, I hope Lothir's right behind me," he said in low tone, tears of hope and worry running down his face, however unnoticeable as the aasimar had put his platinum helm back on, all the while running towards the source of his daughters fright-filled shriek.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Palax saw the elf woman come charging toward him; he held his blade high above his head, uttering a chilling roar that sounded more bestial than anything from a humanoid throat. In an instant, he had called upon the full rage of his father's kind, eyes blazing with blue fury, and his body seeming to bulge and stretch as if he were somehow larger than before.He brought the sword down, with the point aimed directly at the woman, even as she threw the blades at him and Alasse. He swiftly pivoted to take both of them, putting his own body between the knives and the girl, letting his own breastplate and tough skin block the girl from harm. Meanwhile, a single bolt of white-gold lightening arced toward the woman. He called out the name of his god, and let loose a burst of flames just behind the streaking golden bolt. (OOC: Holy Bolt- half of each)

Without even waiting to see if she had survived his attack, Palax ducked low, swinging out at the attacker with a mighty blow of his long sword. The blade sliced through the air with a crackling sound, leaving a trail of golden-white light as it passed. (OOC:Electric dmg on strike, plus Holy Strike)

-------------------------

Lothir sprinted along behind Veraka, and ran faster when he heard the girl scream. <Damn, should have gone with them,> he thought to himself, realizing that Palax and Alasse were now in danger. He muttered a quick rhyme as he ran, and suddenly became invisible. As he turned the corner behind Veraka, he almost ran into him, but quickly dodged aside, and began to silently slip around toward the rogues attacking the still-hidden priestess. He found one of the humans- the male- and stopped just beside him, making a whistle right beside him for distraction- and then grinned in wicked glee as he sliced with both sabers at the man's middle. The human would have just enough time to see the human-looking youth appear from nowhere as he was cut in half.

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin sighed, "If you wanted to play guessing games, you're playing with the wrong person." He gave the wizard a solid kick in the chest, sending him onto his back.

"And truly, it's not even that hard to figure out the location you are talking about," Drakin continued, "The locations you are talking about are the Anauroch desert, Underdark, the Great Glacier, and the Dragon Coast."

"But," Drakin continued, moving back towards his bag of goodies, "I'm afraid that we are looking for someplace more specific." Drakin pulled out several cuved knives and a couple of vials.

"Now, Rhiv," he said as he turned back to the wizard and layed his instruments down in plain view, "We shall try this again. Each time you don't answer my question I use these to skin you a little bit," he indicated the knives, then pointing at the vials, "I learned, from my time among Drow, how to do this and keep the person alive and consious. Now let us begin."

Drakin leaned in towards the wizard, "I'll even let you choose the question you answer first: Where is my friend's family being held, who's holding them, and what percisely is the 'surprise'," he pointed over toward Inrii, "that you have for her? Your choice."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((im assuming he's still on his back? it didnt say anything about returning to an upright position))

Inrii remained as she was, arms crossed staring out a (window or peep hole or something). the sorceress set her hand afire (burning hands spell) as she pulled a simple blade out letting the metal heat up. She walked around as he was propped down while the assassin got his tools out. his knees were just far apart. releasing the blade, it sudden found it way into the chair, less than a milimeter away from 'below the belt' between his slightly spred legs while the heat of the blade would be uncomfortable to say the least.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He was still close by, behind her actually. Watching the spectacle he mused" Nice shot... or miss. Though I still prefer removing body parts slowly while keeping them alive. Skinning them alive is a rare art... he should be pleased that he's going to endure it. Of course, he should also be afraid, that I have no qualms on rubbing hot scalding salt into the open wounds.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=red:9tqeyhb5]While she didn’t expect her knives to hit, the moon elf was reluctant to call the battle over as her thrown weapons bounced harmlessly off of the half-lizard knight. Even as the Holy Bolt burst forth from Palax, the elf rogue absorbed the blasts, her [i:9tqeyhb5]Protection from Energy[/i:9tqeyhb5] absorbing the fire damage from the knight’s fire breath, whilst her body surged with electricity, as well as the holy energy that enveloped and blasted through her. A ring on an elegant finger of her’s glowed slightly, absorbing some, but not all of the electrical energy. The rest of the shocking damage surged through the elf, even as the Holy Bolt's divine energies weakened her.

However, her senses were still intact as she registered Palax’s incoming sword. Knowing that she couldn’t land and roll outta the way, the elf rogue parried with her stiletto, using Palax’s sword as a guide rail to steady herself off of as she positioned her body with upside down; snapping her legs out and up, the moon elf pushed off with her stiletto wielding hand, and back-flipped out of range of the knight’s frenzied blade.

Landing outta range of the knight, the rogue drew her other stiletto and smiled manically.
“Know be a good boy, fire-breath, and surrender the young girl, otherwise her mother and brother could suffer even worse, than they already are,” the rogue said to Palax, looking keenly to Alasse.[/color:9tqeyhb5]

Veraka rounded the corner, only to find his only daughter threatened by four rogues, three of whom were busy with the hooded figure that he only noted off to the side of the road by the Staves. However, upon seeing young Alasse, threatened, Veraka brought Marala Vharc up in front of his helm, and grasped it with both his armored hands.

“Lord of the Northern Wind, grant me and my allies you’re protection. As Veraka prayed his prayer to the Platinum Dragon, his dragon scale armor began to glow as the aasimar invoked [i:9tqeyhb5]Armor of Bahamut[/i:9tqeyhb5].

Lighting crackled from the sky, splitting the air around it with a resounding thunder that shook the ground underneath, as the aasimar then bade Marala Vharc to call forth its power; electrical arcs of super charged energy arched around the glowing aasimar as he summoned [i:9tqeyhb5]Storms Avatar[/i:9tqeyhb5] from Marala Vharc. When he looked up, his eyes glowed silver radiantly, just as lightning bolts jumped across his eyes, which were filled with one thing; retribution. Any who looked his way would see the mighty warrior’s eyes blazing with a near divine shimmer to them, orbs of pure silver shining through his dragon scale helm. A mighty roar of anger burst forth from him, a testament to his barbarian heritage.

With that done, Veraka surged forward, his speed almost a blur as the power of the [i:9tqeyhb5]Storms Avatar[/i:9tqeyhb5] coursed through his body, amplifying his speed, strength and endurance as its power crackled over Marala Vharc’s wicked edge.

[color=red:9tqeyhb5]The half-elf rogue broke rank from his trio, just as his sight returned to him, as he raced to intercept the storm-empowered new paladin. With the speed only a rogue could achieve, the half-elf withdrew three throwing knives from his belt and hurled them each order at the platinum armored paladin and proceeded to launch himself at Veraka, his sword going for a stabbing thrust, while he positioned his mail breaker for a counterstrike.[/color:9tqeyhb5]

When her father roared out in defiance against the rogues and their actions, charging the nearest rogue with his sword and armor crackling with the power and fury of a lighting storm, Alasse found herself grinning like only a little child could.
“Hehehehe,” she giggled cynically; “daddy’s angry, and he’s gonna punish you, bad-guys.”
Last edited by veraka on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: V, you misread- the Holy Bolt was half holy, half elec. If she used fire protection, she only missed the dmg from P's breath. She'd take the full dmg from the Bolt, as it was holy, not fire. Sorry if I confused you... Also, he does not have any scales or tail or wings- just gold skin, fire resist, and a Hellafied Con score. Just FYI

IC: Palax glanced down, noting the girl's comment vaguely as he let out a low snarl of rage. "You've made your LAST mistake, woman!" He called out to his own god, and was rewarded by a massive blast of concussive sound like a thunderclap that rolled over the elf woman, deafening her. If its wake, he darted forward with a speed that seemed completely at odds with his size and the burden attached to his leg, thrusting forward, until he was almost on her, and reversed into a wide slash down and angled so that she could not possibly avoid it, as his feint had forced her to doge to the side. In the next second, he swept out his other leg under her feet, and planted his boot on her stiletto-hand. With his blade pointed at her throat, he snarled with eyes aglow with the fires of his heritage. "Surrender now, or die, wench!"

-------------------------------

Lothir spotted the rogue coming up behind Veraka, and shouted out a warning. "Veraka- behind you!" He yelled, and then dashed toward the woman who had just threatened Palax and the girl. He was about to slash at her from behind, but the knight beat him to the punch as it were, and in a moment she was on the ground with her hand and weapon pinned under the dragon-elf's boot. Stopping with more suddenness than one might expect of a gangly young human, he pivoted to Palax's side and held both blades at her as well.

"I'd listen to him if I were you," he said sternly with his blades aimed at the elf female's gut, placing himself so that Alasse was between him and Palax, still clinging to the knight's leg. Unless the earth itself opened up to grab and swallow her, nothing was getting past the little girl's two guardians....

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

When the rogues were revealed, Kalannar grinned, and then scowled a bit as they took notice of Luexena. Since he wasn't sighted, he was easily able to counter their assault. Quickly he let out a fan of throwing knives into the air, several of them striking the shuriken midlight to deflect them away from the priestess.[i:2v6u4jgl] Ya shou' be knowin' better than t' leav' withou' tellin' me Luexena. See? Ba' thin's 'appen! [/i:2v6u4jgl]He shout to her with a grin before her let loose another two throwing knives, both at one of the assassins.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The shurikens made a nastly whistling sound as they cut through the air, chucked at Luexena. Her shield was still strapped to her back and she had no time to draw it. The young woman simply set her arms infront of her in a block, hoping the elven chain would be enough to hold them off. The words of another prayer escaping her as she watched the attacker killed down by Lothir, another charging toward Veraka and one more remaining. Kalannar's voice made her flinch a little - surely she did not expect him to follow, yet it did not break her concentration even though the swift blocking movements made the scars on her back ache madly.

The drowess' lavender eyes locked on the rogue charging at Veraka and she released a [i:iu8rxsbd]Baleful polymorph[/i:iu8rxsbd] prayer at the opponent, which would turn him into a toad, should she succeed. Then she quickly looked to the other, and raised her voice, finishing the prayer with a [i:iu8rxsbd]Greater Command[/i:iu8rxsbd] to the rogue. [b:iu8rxsbd][i:iu8rxsbd]HALT.[/i:iu8rxsbd][/b:iu8rxsbd]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: NOTE,l the polymorphed rogue-frog is now gonna played out by Zanathie after this post.))

IC:[color=blue:2i7hbh9i]"Veraka- behind you!"[/color:2i7hbh9i]

That was all the aasimar needed to hear in order to know that something was amiss. Reversing his footing on the ground, Veraka slid to a halt along the streets of Shadowdale, bringing Marala Vharc up and around in a powered lunging slash.

[color=red:2i7hbh9i]The rogue whom Luexena shouted her [i:2i7hbh9i]Halt[/i:2i7hbh9i] command towards, at first was able to resist it at first, continuing to hurl throwing stars at the priestess. However, when Kalannar's two throwing knives impacted into side, and he lost his concentration.

She then found herself frozen in place as Luexena's command took hold of her and quickly brought her to a stiff halt.[/color:2i7hbh9i]

As he slashed forward, Veraka suddenly found himself carried forward as his momentum contacted nothing in his lunge and sent him careening over the now [i:2i7hbh9i]Polymorphed[/i:2i7hbh9i] rogue.
The aasimar crashed into the ground as his momentum sent him over rogue-turned-frog. When he finally skidded to a halt on the ground, he noticed that he had a light green tinge on his platinum armor.

Looking back along the skid mark along the ground, Veraka realized that he'd landed on the frog, whom was really the rogue that had been pursuing him.

"Bastard deserved it," he said, lifting himself off the ground and up onto his feet. Marala Vharc in hand, Veraka turned to regard Luexena briefly before hearing a slight 'Riibiiit' from within the area where the green skid mark was on his armor.
Looking down at his platinum dragon armor, Veraka actually found the polymorphed rogue-frog squeezed in-between two of platinum scales of his armor.

"I don't bloody believe it," he breathed reaching down and grasping the amphibian. Veraka then turned to Luexena and nodded his approval towards the priestess, despite not knowing her at that moment.

"Well played" he said towards Luexena, letting the frog down from his armor.

[color=red:2i7hbh9i]The moon elf rogue knew she was trapped when the knight reversed his attack, and pinned her.

She was about to attempt to goad the little girl into trying to do something very irrational, however when the human male-disguised Lothir came up and placed his swords right against her stomach, she didn't see any way out but death.

Shrugging her shoulders, she dropped her weapons.
"Just remember one thing, knight; you can save all of the little children you want, but this one won't be seeing her mother or brother [b:2i7hbh9i]ever[/b:2i7hbh9i] again."[/color:2i7hbh9i]

Alasse felt hot tears sting her eyes and start to form paths down her coppery cheeks; "you [b:2i7hbh9i]LIE[/b:2i7hbh9i]!!" she screamed at the elf, clinging tighter to Palax's leg.

[color=red:2i7hbh9i]Rhivat felt as if he was completely screwed over to begin with, but in his arrogance, refused to bow to anyone, even this methodical assassin.

However, when the drowess, Inrii, slammed her super-heated dagger down where his family jewels were.

"Look, if you're trying to say something, [b:2i7hbh9i]that[/b:2i7hbh9i] is probably the wrong way to go about it," he said with a half-smirk towards Inrii.
"As to your little 'surprise', I only know this; you've long lost family who've been searching for you for a time now."

"Oh and as to your friend's little 'family' troubles, even if I did tell you where they were at the moment, it would matter little, for like the domino's they will never be in one place for too long, until the final piece has fallen," chuckled Rhivat, a maniacal laugh bursting forth from his mouth in that instant.[/color:2i7hbh9i]

Veraka turned about as Lothir tied up the moon elf with his enchanted rope. The paladin came over to where the bard, and Sir Palax were. Bringing one armored glove up to his head, Veraka grasped his helmet and pulled it off, revealing his face to Lothir and Palax both, as well as Luexena and Kalannar.

"Daddy!!" came a girls shrill voice from his left. Veraka turned just in time to see his little girl running towards him. Kneeling down, the mighty paladin scooped her up in his arms, careening her as any loving, caring father would.

Alasse wrapped her small arms around her father's neck and rested her little head underneath his armored helm.
"I knew you'd come, daddy," she said, looking up into Veraka's silver eyes with her own copper-toned orbs.

"Of course I did, now go on inside with Aunt Vala, and stay by her side, I need to sort a few things out here."
He set his daughter down and watched her trot back to Old Skull, making sure that nobody came near her.

The aasimar then turned about to regard the tied up rogue elf.
Looking to Lothir, he asked, "so, any ideas what to do or ask this one, before I decide to make her a pin cushion for my sword."

[color=darkblue:2i7hbh9i]Though there was now no immediate threat, something about the two remaining rogues were unsettling, as if they both knew something about Veraka.
Both Luexena and Kalannar would find this as the opportune time to ask Veraka any questions that came to mind, or to potentially find out what happened that had triggered all of this.[/color:2i7hbh9i]
Last edited by veraka on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Palax glared down at the woman, his reptilian blue eyes narrowed dangerously. "Oh, I highly doubt that, wench. If we have to tear apart Avernus itself, we WILL get them back. COUNT on it." He tilted his head slightly, nodding to the bard beside him. "Loth- Er, Lucian, would you mind dealing with this rather unladylike excuse for a female? My Code forbids me to do what SHOULD be done with her."

The bard looked down at her with a grin of gleeful pleasure. "Oh, it would be my pleasure, Palax!" He said, and then pulled a lengh of rope from a side pocket of his pack, making a gesture at the woman and singing out a quick rhyme. The rope snaked out to wrap and tie itself around her tightly, even looping over her mouth and her hands, in case she was a spell-caster. "Get out of THAT, elg'caress!" He spat at her contemptuously. "And he's dead serious about finding them. In fact, if it did come to that, I wouldn't be surprised if those two knights both insist on taking you along to the Hells- and then LEAVING you there where you belong!"

OOC: Darn you, Veraka!! Now I've got yo edit mine too... JK.

IC: The bard watched the aasimar come up to them, and Alasse went running up to him. He smiled as the little girl went running back into the inn to Vala- he knew she was safer with her than anywhere in the world, considering her considerable power in the Art. He scowled slightly at Veraka's words, and shook his head.

"No, I don't have any ideas in particular. Perhaps Inrii and that assassin friend of yours have managed to get something out of that wizard by now. If not, well, I'm sure this one will be more forthcoming. After all, there are things one can do to a woman that just don't work as well on males, IF you get my drift?" He nodded down at the rogue, making sure she heard the last part especially. He glanced down to grin wickedly at her, knowing she did not dare call his bluff. The two knights might not be willing to stoop to such acts, but he did have an idea that taking her to see the cold-blooded drow might just scare her into talking, if she thought such a fate might be in store for her. He was bluffing, of course, but then, she didn't need to know that, did she?

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii maintained a cool calm collectiveness that was rare. but it was almost too calm. walking around in front of him, her foot, knocked the chair back up to an erect position. the blade would have jarred a bit, coming closer.
she put a hand on each knee and leaned in close, "I have done worse to a male," she whispered, "while he was still alive."
then she stood up, leaving the hot metal in place.
"and if dear ol' grandfather wanted me back so bad, sending you would make him an idiot. and I know he's no idiot."
the sorceress let the males do their work as she walked back over twords the door, deeper in thought, pulling another blade from a hidden spot and decided to heat it up also tossing in in her palm and catching it.
it just didnt make sense.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya