[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((well i was gunna wait, but i will miss out with the RP's fast progression))
(zek, just assume you shrug it or something, not decided if know the big tin can.)

(on the other side of the tavern)
the three plates were finally set, Inrii's meal, the ranger's and the plate of cookies. Inrii quickly dug into her meal, noticing the strange behavior from the folks and reactions from people around. she tried to listen in, but the minstrel and consequently the music had came to the empty side, twords them blocking the noise, in annoyance to the disguised drowess. she was sure they did it on purpose. taking a bite of the fish, she did notice the leaving of a child behind a couple of shady folks. followed shortly was the other group, which meant something was going on.
"and i just sat down to eat. You take the back and shadows. I'll flank the other side," she said to Zek, standing up, tho in no big rush, "maybe its nothing. maybe its fun?"
"[color=red:1q2dehw8]Zarstra come to the table and hold our spot, I should be back shortly. I'll call if if i need you.[/color:1q2dehw8]" (its snow out there, no place for a cold blood) [/size:1q2dehw8]
she started to walk to the door, paused, turned to blew a kiss twords the ranger with a wink(heading out the back?) and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie.

Inrii cast (greater) invisibility and mage armor on herself as she exited and munched the sweet crumbly bread. the snow left clear tracks, and she made sure to walk so lightly as to leave no track, a bit if levitation helping her already feather steps.
the trail didnt go far and the voices were clear. unsure, she thought she sensed others, not in the alley but not far off either. other noises grew, like a crowd or a small force, feet hitting the ground in a steady pace.
Inrii levitated, still invisible, to the roof of the adjacent building (house of Meria?)[/size:1q2dehw8] and looked down on the fight, preparing a fireball just in case.

((if wanted: http://wizards.com/dnd/images/shadowdal ... 106797.jpg . also posted one on the OOC))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The scene was getting interesting, and Eili could feel the hackles raising as tensions started to rise. Zek was quiet for a time and would begin to pick at his food. He too was listening or trying to listen to things on the side. Muttering slightly he looked to her and nodded" And the food.. for once isn't half bad.. and it's actually warm." Shrugging" With us.. it's usually fun abound." Smirking at the blown kiss he moved to his feet and grabbed a cookie as well. He took the back route out keeping in the less lit areas. He almost instantly disappeared. Unless a very well trained eye could manage it, he was practically invisible. Slipping outside he made his way up to the roof. Crouching down he cast his own invisibility spell as he perched atop of the roof watching the scene below and listening for a better picture. He would feel infinitely better if he could drop this facade... filthy surface elf looks...
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Seeing the rogues throw their weapons at the girl, Palax gave a low growl, his sapphire eyes suddenly blazing with internal blue fire; at the same time, he pulled back his sword for a swing at the female, but instead of simply slashing out at her, he let loose a blast of his fiery breath, the flames shooting nearly ten feet to wash right over the thug. She screamed in agony as the flames licked at her hair and skin, igniting clothing and singing away hair. With a primal roar that would make even the biggest red take note, he swung with all his might while the rogue was writhing from the fire, neatly decapitating her. It sailed across the alley to bounce off the wall where Inrii and Zek were hiding. The body simply slumped forward to the ground.

Lothir saw his companion blast his dragon-fire at the female, and his jaw fell in shock. "By the gods," he murmured, wishing the knight had at least left her alive to question. He pivoted toward the second thug, and sent a piercing note blaring at him that caused the thug to stagger backward, reeling in a dazed agony in his head. The distraction was just enough to allow the bard to close with him, kicking out with one foot at his stomach to double him over, then swiftly spinning up close with both blades resting on either side of the man's throat.

"One move, abbil, and it will be your last," he said coolly, while the thug was still bent over heaving. He glanced over to where Veraka was lying over Alasse, and saw that the girl was alright, in spite of her fall. "You are lucky she is not hurt, gol'iblith, or I would simply let my friend there roast you like he did your associate." His eyes narrowed, making it clear that he was not bluffing.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: I'll be using Inrii for a bit of time in this post; just a heads up))

Veraka, hearing that Sir Palax had soundly defeated the rogue he was fighting, unwrapped his arms from Alasse, and stood up, looking to the dead female on the ground.
Rage intensified within the aasimar, at the thought that these two had nearly captured his one lifeline to his life, Alasse. His temper spiked, and the raging volcano inside came near erupting in full force.

“Palax; keep an eye on my daughter; this rogue needs to spill his guts before I do it for him,” Veraka growled to the knight.
Taking three great strides to where Ed was, the aasimar grabbed him by the neck, his steel-grip pressing in, and hoisted him up off the ground, and slammed him into the nearest wall, as so a resounding ‘thud!’ emanated from the wall, despite the fact that Lothir was right next to him.

“Now you’re going to tell me everything, or by the great Platinum Wyrm, I’ll send you to the Nine Hells myself,” Veraka said in an almost guttural voice, his eyes now beaming red as blood.
The rogue merely slammed his balled fists into the aasimar’s titan-grip, but to no avail, as he grappled against iron-muscled arm that was as taut as steel-cables. Veraka growled like an animal as his rage got the better of him and he started to throttle the rogue, his armored gauntlet closing in around the man’s neck, slowly suffocating him.

“Now WHO SENT YOU!!?” Veraka roared at the top of his lungs, attracting the attention of several soldiers passing by.

Noticing the platinum armored goliath holding the rogue up by the neck, the sergeant of the squad shouted an order towards his unit. The soldiers came running up to the scene but as soon as Veraka gave them a look that chilled them all to the bone before any of them spoke up.

Finally, one of the soldiers, a lower ranking one, spoke up towards the mighty, enraged paladin.

“Um, sir,” he asked, barely audible; “what has this man exactly done to earn your wrath?”

The aasimar held his vice-like grip, but calmed somewhat; “he and his dead partner tried to capture my daughter. I want to know why and who sent him.” As he finished, Veraka pulled out one of his tanto-tipped knives.

“And I will know this knowledge, even if I have to rip it from him,” he said, his voice all acid; “unless you decide to make your suffering easier?” Veraka said directly to Ed, who was now gasping for air, and trying to say something as well.

[color=red:3igemc8p]The rogue wanted nothing more than to be out of this aasimar’s raging grip; even as he tried to talk to the enraged paladin, he barely had enough air to breath, his gasps becoming more ragged.

Finally he managed to get this out; “loc. . . . local. .” he gasped for a breath; “ wizard; . . contr. . . .contracted us. . . . to. . .” his eyes bulged as Veraka continued to apply his death-grip to the rogue.[/color:3igemc8p]

“Sir knight; you’re killing the man!” one of the soldiers shouted at Veraka, running up to the paladin, drawing his weapon.

Finally, though, Veraka heard what he was looking for; an answer. Lowering the rogue to the ground, but still maintaining his iron-hard grip on the man, Veraka then asked, “which local wizard; take me to him. . .now!”

Veraka let the rogue go down, and the guards breathed a silent sigh of relief, thankful that they didn’t have to try and restrain the mighty aasimar by force.

[color=red:3igemc8p]Ed breathed in life-giving air, gulping it down by the gallon. He was about to take a step forward when he felt the cold, unforgiving steel of a blade at his neck. He stopped dead, not even turning his head to know that there was someone behind him. He looked down to the dagger that was at his neck, only to see that thin air was holding the dagger. Suddenly he felt a cold chill run down his spine. [/color:3igemc8p]

A voice came from behind the rogue, Ed, filling him with dread as it purred; “don’t move, dear,” the dagger slid but a centimeter on his neck, opening a small crevice into his skin, allowing barely any blood to eek out, barely noticeable to all but the trained eye; “I don’t want to have a mess on my hands, now do I?” came Inrii’s ever so subtle, but near insane voice from behind him.

Veraka noticed a dagger at the rogue’s throat and wondered for a split second who it was holding it, as it was just floating in the air, until he noticed a small oddity about it the weapon itself.
Then, the aasimar recognized the blade, and its owner; turning his head about, Veraka asked the odd old man behind him; “umm, excuse me sir, but is that specific blade design,” he pointed at the floating [url=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/151 ... g:3igemc8p]kris[/url:3igemc8p]-style dagger with an armored glove, “one that you might know, and if so, might you know one Inriiaynrae Jaelre?”

Veraka gave the elderly gentlemen a quick hand sign that told him, if he was Drakin to take the rogue and the source of the floating dagger to a safer spot for the time being, whilst Veraka dealt with some now serious looking guards.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin let out a low whistle of appreciation at the sight of the dagger, the plain, slightly curved, black clothed hilt understated the wondrous blade. Drakin could identify three of the metals in the whirl designs of the blade, mythirl and adamantine, which he assumed was for strength and a sharp edge, and silver, for the undead perhaps? The slight wave in the blade's edge guaranteed that it would do maximum damage for a cut.

He was so focused on the dagger he almost didn't see Veraka's hand signal to get the rouge and the invisible person to a safer location.

[color=darkred:3u7rm0r2]“umm, excuse me sir, but is that specific blade design,” he pointed at the floating kris-style dagger with an armored glove, “one that you might know, and if so, might you know one Inriiaynrae Jaelre?” [/color:3u7rm0r2]

Now he remembered where he had seen that dagger before.

"Inriiaynrae," he said in a pondering voice, "Inriiaynrae. Our friend who is about as crazy, or maybe more, as my brother? Yup, I remember her."

As he moved over to the rouge he said quietly, "It has been a while, Inrii. Let's find a nice quiet room where we can catch up, it's been what? Around ten years hasn't it?

"Let's get you off the street," Drakin said to Ed in a louder voice that a old man might use when berating a son, as soon as he, the thief, and, he assumed, Inrii, as he still couldn't see the rest of her, got off the street Drakin pulled out a water skin and dumped it on his head. As the makeup and chemicals washed away, his voice changed back to his normal deep, raspy voice, "We want to make sure your comfortable enough to answer some questions."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the head came flying landing at her feet, nearly on her. aggravating her more, already her fish was growing cold, assuming Zarstra hadnt finished it off. and all she wanted was a nice warm bath, a soft bed to sleep in, for one night!
and she just about light everything up, but the last several years gave a bit of patience. instead she signed to Zek and lepts off the back of the building, activating her house ring and the feather fall. landing she moved quickly sneaking thru the growing crowds, drawing the curvy dagger.

(...V's post...
and realistically, my character would just throw fire right about now...but i'll just along with it for the sake of the story.)

hearing her full name, thus her surname, any soldiers or dalesmen would have become enraged. Inrii hissed softly. so much for her cover. her eyes spotted the large armored tin can and motioning. her eyes narrowed on the newest speaker, all these folks causing her to release flashing, fiery, momentary burst of glowing, colored aerial lights. and pushed the thief along with the added distractions.

when away from the guards she pushed the thief down and sheathed the blade, remaining invisible on purpose, her boot atop his back.
"alright, I'll admit you look rather familiar," her voice spoke, a tone edged with annoyance still, "I would ask if unc...grandfather Jezz sent you, but since you work with the lumber hulk out there, I already know the answer to that."
she scanned around while speaking, hoping to continue the distraction while waiting for back up to arrive.
"remind me to kick the tin can in the shin when he returns," she crossed her still unseen arms.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Palax saw Veraka grab the rogue by the neck, and moved close, flexing his claws menacingly where the man could see, as if to further show the human the seriousness of the situation he was now in. Lothir had stepped away when Veraka grabbed him, lowering his sabers, though he kept them ready in case the thug was fortunate enough to escape the aasimar's grasp. He listened to the man's strangled confession, and shook his head in disgust. This was no way to get information out of someone.

He glanced at Palax, and jerked is head toward the little girl. "Why don't you take Alasse back into he inn? She really doesn't need to see all of this."

The knight grimaced, glaring darkly at the drow. "Why don't YOU do it? You're the one who's got children. What am I supposed to do with her?" He asked acidly, looking down at the small child uneasily. Alasse looked up at him and smiled, no doubt wanting to see "Auntie Vala" again.

"All the more reason for you to take her, Palax. You could use the practice dealing with children- call it practice for your future!" Lothir laughed.

"You DO remember that I took a vow of chastity, right?" said the knight cynically. That caused the bard to nearly double over with laughter.

"Indeed! But this steely resolve of yours HAS to give way sooner or later- if only because it would make you more bearable to live with!!" He snickered, and gave him a wicked grin. "You know, maybe you just need the right woman. I just might have to find you one. I'm sure there are any number of drow ladies who would love a big strapping knight!" He leered at him with a mischievous look, eyes sparkling with mirth. The knight rolled his eyes, and took off back to the inn in a huff, smoke trailing from his nostrils- a sure sign of annoyance.

The bard watched him leave, and moved over closer to the others, partly to keep an eye on Veraka- it had not escaped his notice that the knight had nearly lost control- and partly to listen in on the interrogation and see who was holding the odd floating dagger. He had heard the name Inrii mentioned, and he well remembered his last encounter with her in the swamps where he had fought his final battle with his half-sister Morganna.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[center:1zj70hut][b:1zj70hut]~Eilistraeean enclave. Thunder peaks, not too far from Highmoon~[/b:1zj70hut][/center:1zj70hut]

Her grip on the apple loosened and it fell onto the grass, rolling away from her. Luexena stared into the distance, dazed as the vision surrounded her. Are you well, Daughter? Ty'el's voice tore through the grim sights. The elderly woman placed her hand upon the young priestess' shoulder and Luexena flinched, looking to her face, wide-eyed. [i:1zj70hut]Mother! Something bad is about to happen... I can't explain it... [/i:1zj70hut]

She rushed to her tent, picking up a jar, which she filled with crystal-clear water from the stream, then the drowess approached a large stone bowl and poured the jar's contents into it. [i:1zj70hut]That face...[/i:1zj70hut] Luexena whispered, kneeling by the bowl and trying to scry on the man now, not noticing the worried gaze of her Mother. Veraka would feel an odd tickling sensation on the back of his mind - the drowess tried to find him and locate him.

[i:1zj70hut]Daughter...[/i:1zj70hut] Ty'el said again, softly. Luexena raised her hand, halting her, then glanced over and smiled apologetically. [i:1zj70hut]I am sorry, Mother. I think the Goddess wishes me to find this man. Send for Runaiwem, please. I will need his aid.[/i:1zj70hut] She rose up and approached the senior priestess, embracing the woman. [i:1zj70hut]I need to leave again, Mother. But I promise to be careful. [/i:1zj70hut]

Swift and fleet on her feet, Luex turned and made her way to her tent again, donning her armor and picking up the sheath with her blade, pausing only for a moment to listen to the beautiful singing in the air. A smile touched her lips again, though her mind remained focused on her task at hand - she hastily gathered all that she might need in the journey. [i:1zj70hut]Luexena![/i:1zj70hut] She heard the sound of the elven wizard's voice. [i:1zj70hut]You called?[/i:1zj70hut]

[i:1zj70hut]Indeed so, little brother.[/i:1zj70hut] The slender drowess looked up to the young elf and smiled warmly. [i:1zj70hut]I need you to open a portal for me to the Shadowdale. I will show you which place. Could you do that?[/i:1zj70hut] Runaiwem gave a smug nod. [i:1zj70hut]Of course I could! I am the best wizard around afterall![/i:1zj70hut] She chuckled, admiring him. [i:1zj70hut]Well then.[/i:1zj70hut] Focusing, she passed him an image of the place she saw in the scrying pool. The wizard drew several runes on the ground and started his incantation. The glowing circle appeared in the air. [i:1zj70hut]Take care of the Mother and the rest, little brother![/i:1zj70hut] Offering a nod to him and Ty'el, she stepped through the portal.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Stepping out from the Badger, bottle in hand, Kalannar gazed about the outside of the inn, a wide smile on his face. Things had been going good, he had a good amount of coin, plenty of drink, and just the other night he had been snuggled against Luexena's bust, even if he were a chicken at the time. Still, he could gloat that he was able to bury his face there, regardless. Speaking of the woman, his aqua gaze would shift over the area outside the Drunken Badger and he'd make his way to the small pond near it, sneakily of course as he sought the priestess out. To his dissapointment, she wasn't seated near it's edge, so pushing her in wasn't possible this day. However.. She may be in the Grove, he thought.

Casually he made his way to the Shrine behind the Badger and took out the runestone he had been entrusted with. He still wasn't sure how it worked, but he might as well try. Placing it against the stone, bright light would overcome him and when it cleared he'd be in the Elistraen grove. He'd wander about bit, sneakily again, hoping to suprise her, though he winced as he saw the drowess step through some magical gateway. Seeing noone else follow her, he'd quickly make his way to the portal, popping out of the shadows briefly to give Runaiwem a cheeky grin before hoping into them once more, and then the portal.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

From his spot high above the scrap he caught one rogue trying to flee whom had seen the events unfold. Knowing that really any rogue around here meant trouble, and still the hunt for Inrii's little rival continued it meant free kills for competition. Darting along the roof the only thing seen was just snow being kicked up and possibly his outline. Unsheathing two blades he dove off of the roof, getting considerable airtime before slamming down onto the escaping rogue, blades plunges deep to the hilt. Slowly standing up he pulled the blades free and flicked them sharply to remove most of the blood before wiping them off on the rogue's body. He'd belt the walking tank upside the head for blowing cover. Slowly and silently he made his way to the group, deathly silent which for any guards seeing a man get dropped like a bad habit by an invisible force would surely be quite learly as walking death was amongst them.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: ok just as a firm DM-planting his foot down moment, Ed, the rogue beind held at knife point by Inrii, IS in a room, off the streets and with Drakin. Oh and a side note, blue font=DM speaking, or like the narrator. OH and I'll be using Drakin, and putting in an action for Zana in this as well))

IC:[color=darkblue:32t1o441] Luexena's portal would put her smack-dab in the middle of Shadowdale, probably not more than 100 meters away from where Veraka, Lothir, and the horde of angry guards were massed around him and the bard.

Fortunately for the priestess and her would-be stalker, Kalannar, the guards seemed pretty preoccupied with the massive paladin and the disguised bard not a few paces behind him.[/color:32t1o441]

The soldiers looked at the armored aasimar with expressions of anger.

“What do [b:32t1o441]you[/b:32t1o441] know of House Jaelre and any associated with them, paladin?” the sergeant asked, putting a hand to his sword belted to his hip.

Veraka shrugged; “simply this; one that Inriiaynae Jaelre was last spotted to the east of Shadowdale, about three clicks outbound, and heading northwest. Not sure if you lads can catch her, or her troupe, but that’s her last whereabouts that I spotted her.” With that, Veraka turned about, and started to stalk away, following the path that Drakin had taken to get the rogue prisoner and the invisible dagger wielding Inrii, away from the guards.

"Lothir, come on," Veraka whispered to the bard as he stalked off leaving the guards unsure of what to do.

"Come on, lads; leave the big shiny one to his dealings," said the sergeant. With that said, the squad of soldiers went on their way.

As the aasimar made his way towards the safe room that Drakin had drug Ed to, along with Inrii, he wasn't completely ignorant of his surroundings. It hadn't escaped his notice that a rogue had mysteriously gone down quickly and quite silently from where the two were headed. Veraka suspected that he knew who it was, given the fact that the little pyrotechnics show hadn't gone unnoticed by the soldiers earlier, though they were more pissed at the fact that they couldn't locate the source of where they originated.

"Alright, ranger; one of us knows you're here among this little alley, now be a good boy and show yourself," Veraka whispered under his breath.

[color=red:32t1o441]Ed was scared shitless now; not only was he moved to some different area, where none of the guards were around to see or possibly even hear him.

Now he had a half-drow standing right in front of him and an invisible half-psychotic knife wielder somewhere in the room with him.
"Just not my lucky day," he muttered to himself, right as the door to the room opened and one not-so-happy looking aasimar, and a disguised Lothir stepped in.

He gulped down his sanity and prepared for whatever happened next.[/color:32t1o441]

"Alright, dumbass;" Veraka growled; "we can do this one of two ways. One, you simply tell me who hired you and your dead partner to kidnap my daughter. . "

"You're [b:32t1o441]DAUGHTER[/b:32t1o441]!!" the rogue exclaimed, his surprise genuine on his face.

"Yes, my [b:32t1o441]daughter[/b:32t1o441]," the aasimar growled, grabbing Ed's collar and yanking up to his height.
"Or, two, I can have my friend here," he waved his free hand to Drakin standing nearby; "get the answer outta you, [b:32t1o441]by any means possible.[/b:32t1o441] Do ya get the idea?"

He nodded as fast as his human head could muster.

"Then answer the question," the aasimar said, his tone as icy as the Northern sea.

[color=red:32t1o441]"A wizard, located here in Shadowdale, by the name of Rhivat. He was the one who ordered me and Avona to capture your daughter. He lives not three houses away from here.[/color:32t1o441]

Veraka let the rogue down and turned to Drakin and indicated with his head for the assassin to follow. Looking to nowhere in particular, the aasimar said to Inrii, "well if you're gonna come along then, hurry up." Suddenly felt a boot hit his shin plate, covered in dragon scales, which resounded with a light 'clang!'

"Good to know that you're still alive, pyro-nut," the aasimar said, sarcasm evident in his tone.

With that, Veraka grabbed Ed by his arm and pushed him to the front; "I need not tell you what'll happen if you decide to double cross me." The aasimar drew one of his tanto's to emphasize his point.

"You'll be the one that Rhivat will see first; if things go according to plan, then you'll live, provided I get my answers that I'm looking for."

Ed let the Veraka, Drakin, and if they decided to follow, Lothir and Inrii, as well as a shadow-cloaked Zekafae, down along the backside of the shop, Sticks and Staves, to the back entrance of Latha's place.
When they reached the doorway that Ed was referring to, Veraka took up a position on the door's left side, whilst Drakin braced up on the right side.
"Do it," the aasimar commanded the rogue through gritted teeth.

[color=red:32t1o441]Nodding at Veraka's command, Ed went up to the shady door and knocked three times, followed up quickly by two more.
The door creaked open a few inches, then stopped clearly on a dud-bolt.

"Ed, you have news?" came a clear, crisp male voice from inside, just as two sets of dark brown eyes peered out to look upon the rogue.

"We got the girl, just as ya asked, Rhiv," Ed spoke in a calm tone; he had a bit of experience to know when to show professionalism.

"Where is your partner, Avona?" Rhiv asked. It was a loaded question.

"She's got the girl, just like you've got our payment," Ed replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

The door closed, unbolted, and then reopened, just as Ed stepped back. Rhivat stepped into the doorway with a confused expression on his face, just as a heavy adamantine shield came rushing outta nowhere to meet him in the head. Blackness followed.[/color:32t1o441]

"That felt strangely. . . therapeutic," the aasimar said with a grin to Drakin, as he entered the room, ducking under the door way due to his height.

[color=darkblue:32t1o441]When the wizard, started to come around, he'd find himself bound and sitting on a chair within his own home, due to the simple fact that Drakin, the half-drow assassin that Veraka knew, had tied him up masterfully, and drugged him with a light stimulant to wake him up faster, for when Veraka had shield-bashed him pretty damn hard.[/color:32t1o441]

[color=red:32t1o441]Rhiz woke up to blurred vision and a strange groggy feeling coming over him.

"Don't worry, I didn't add [b:32t1o441]too[/b:32t1o441] much to the dose I gave you; just enough to perk ya up to answer the walking mountain here next to me," said a raspy voice from in-front of him.
"And what walking mountain might you be referring to, oh most-inconspicuous of assassins," he retorted, given the fact that his vision was still coming around.

"[b:32t1o441]This[/b:32t1o441] walking mountain," came a growled response from the a corner adjacent to where the raspy, hoarse voice had come from.

When his vision did come full circle, Rhivat saw the 'walking-mountain' that the assassin was referring to. The towering 6'7" dragon-scale armored aasimar glared at him with silver eyes, glowing with a pent up vengeance.
"So what does an aasimar paladin want with ol' Rhiv huh?" the wizard asked.

"The whereabouts to my wife and my son," said the goliath paladin, taking four strides over to look down into Rhiv's eyes, his fury barely controlled.

"And what might your name be, Sir paladin, as I might have the info of your wife and son, if to only know a name," Rhivat responded, somewhat confused that a paladin would show up at his door and tie him down.

"Orden, Veraka Orden."

A grin slowly crawled onto the wizards face; "ahhh yesss, the very fiery fey'ri sorceress and her oh-so small son. Neriah and Dante, I believe, yes?" laughed the wizard. The names would more than likely hit Inrii in the head with a bit of surprise.
"As for what I have to say, I'm afraid that that's confidential, but . . . "

"Well then we can make it [b:32t1o441]un[/b:32t1o441]confidential, now can't we?" growled the paladin.

"But," insisted Rhivat; "I feel generous enough to let you know that there is another unit of my assassins bearing down on your precious little daughter as we speak, paladin. I'd say you've got about, ohhh, 15 seconds before they attack her."[/color:32t1o441]

Again, Veraka's heart sank to the depths of his soul as yet again, his only daughter was threatened, this time with her own life on the line.

Turning to his friends, specifically to Drakin, he said "Get whatever you can outta him, I don't care how. Inrii, if Drakin needs some help, give him a hand, especially in the case of charring the fucker alive." With that, the aasimar turned around, and slammed through the door leading out into Shadowdale.

[color=red:32t1o441]Rhivat overheard the paladin's use of 'Inrii', and for a moment, looked like he was thinking about something.
He then looked up, and as if from royalty, said "Inrii, from House Jaelre, my, this is a small world after all."[/color:32t1o441]

(Near the Old skull)
Alasse skipped lightly alongside 'Uncle' Palax, despite the fact that his strides were every three of her skips.
"Uncle Palax," she said, looking up to the half-dragon knight; "why are you so dumpy grumpy?" As the little half-elven girl asked him her question, she looked up at him with her lightly hued copper eyes, staring into his own.

[color=red:32t1o441]From behind Sir Palax, and within the shadows, stalked four well-concealed rogues, each of them skilled with their chosen weapons.
One of them, a half-elf of decent stature, dual-wielded a mithral longsword, and a tanto-tipped 'mail-breaker'.

Another rogue, one of smaller height, being a full-blooded moon elf, was positioned right behind the half-elf, wielded twin stilettos, each made of adamantine, and coated with a potent spider poison.

The other two were humans, one male, the other female, each with a twin short swords and twin daggers to spare. They all crept up, silent as the still wind, upon Palax and a happy Alasse.
The two humans started to creep up upon the knight and his 'niece' when a arrow sizzled in and embedded itself into a building nearby.

"What?!" hissed the female human, turning about to see a half-drow archer far up behind the Old Skull, bow drawing back another shot.[/color:32t1o441]

[img:32t1o441]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... dmap-1.gif[/img:32t1o441]
(Blue Dot=fight scene, Red Dot=Luexena's portal, Green Dot=safe room where Drakin dragged Ed, Yellow Dot=Rhivat's home, Black routes are where Veraka, and those with him take to get to the the Safe room and Rhivat's house))
Last edited by veraka on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin gave the wizard a grim smile as Veraka left to find his daughter.

"You shouldn't involve innocents in this," Drakin said to him shifting through his pack, "I generally hold back, but for your case I'll make an exception."

He rose from his pack carrying a satchel, he unwound the satchel to reveal various knives and other tools for his questioning. "Generally I would start with a special drug that will put people into a more agreeable mood. But," Drakin continued picking up a small, metal hammer, "since we are pressed for time, I think I'll skip that step."

[color=red:27fvk61t]Rhivat scoffed at the assassin, "I'm not afraid of dying assassin. I will be rewarded for my part in this even in death![/color:27fvk61t]

"That's good," Drakin said with a sadistic smile on his face, "I love it when people think that the worse that can happen is death."

He slammed the hammer onto both of the wizards hands, a satisfying crack echoed about the room. The wizards yells of pain almost drowned out his next words. "That was so you won't be trying any spells, now let us begin."

Drakin stuffed a rag into Rhivat's mouth. Dropping the hammer back onto the pack, he pulled out a vial with a dark liquid in it.

"Now this is a venom that causes a person's muscles to cramp violently." He injected it into Rhivat, "Now you should be feeling the spasms here soon. Be sure to scream nice and loud when you're ready to tell me something in exchange for the antidote."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii turned, taking her foot off the man as the door opened and (whoever) walked in. She dismissed her invisibility after kicking the aasimir, but maintained her disguise. she hadnt changed much, still the wiry and fiery drowess, tho her dress and manor about her was different.
"of course I'm alive; tho that I didnt retaliate on you for giving my name is still a mystery to me. maybe he rubbed off on me after all?"

Inrii followed quietly to building, stopping quickly to pick up Zarstra before catching up. when the ranger joined also, she signed that there was [color=blue:300185py]more going on than its appears, particularly behind the scenes[/color:300185py].

the sorceress turned to stare at the tied up wizard at the mention. if she was already aggravated, now she was becoming livid. she dropped the magical disguise, now ebon skin shown as she walked over to the half elf. Drakin already beginning.
what was it with drow men and torture? just blow them up, take them to a cleric and get answers. she stood to the side, waiting.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching from where he was he moved up behind her and shook his head and spoke low in her ear" There always is." He'd drop the guise, his hood up in it's place shrouding his face in shadow. Of course giving him a more threatening look, especially to those who knew his past as an assassin. As some poor rogue found out the hard way.
Site, story being redone

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

((OCC: Much agreed Inrii. :D . Though, occasionally torturing can be fun, depending on your mood, hehehe))

IC: [i:1b6917iy]Vlad, scout the city for any more groups that we may not have seen. I can take care of these guys,[/i:1b6917iy] Zana said, calmly. She crept further into the shadows to escape the sights of the four rouges.

[i:1b6917iy]No problem,[/i:1b6917iy] Vlad said, already headed off. Even though he was a huge siberian tiger, he was still amazing at camouflage and stealth.

Having already fired a warning shot, one that she was tempted to make lethal, Zana drew back the string for another shot. The assassins would most likely have some sort of armor on, so lethal shots would be on the head, neck, and heart- if penetrable. To kill them without a lethal blow would take several arrows to the chest, at least, to penetrate the armor.

She saw the female human looking in her direction so she cocked two arrows simultaneously, and fired.The two thudded into the human male next to her, impaling him on his sword arm and the other scrapping his side.

"No one goes near that girl," she whispered to herself. Everything for her changed when a situation involved an innocent. She prayed that the half dragon and Alasse wouldn't notice the rouges, they needed to get to safety, as soon as possible, and the last thing she needed was for the girl to be put in even more danger.

Zana changed positions, moving to a slightly different area, still into the shadows, and fired a steady stream of arrows at the other three, hopefully penetrating their armor.