[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Even from his perch up in the air, Elwyn could clearly feel the cold killing intent from the half drow assassin. He could barely repress a smile as he saw three of the attackers fall to the weapons of that man.
He just barely had time to pop out a scroll and toss it into the midst of the two women who were being held on the ground. A flash of lightning arc from his palm to the scroll, one that momentarily blinded the attackers, and possibly the two women but that was unavoidable. When the stars cleared from their eyes, Elwyn's huge flesh golem familiar, Gurguch stood just behind the women.
With a low growl, and a screech of metal, its arms darted forward, the golem's huge hands grabbing two of the robbers, only their heads visible out of its meaty fists. With a slight twitch of Elwyn's wrist, the vice-like grip tightened, and with an audible pop, the two were crushed.
Blood dripped from between the fingers of the familiar, and its hands opened to drop a formless mess on the ground at its feet.
A gust of wind buffeted the group, as Elwyn's roc descended lower, but couldn't land, as there wasn't enough room to land, but the anger emanated from him as obviously as from Drakin.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((V says that us not in the scouting group will get our action in his next, so this before then, while still at camp...
edit: post snipers...now i gotta fix mine!))

Inriia played the mental game well, tho it wasnt all a game to her. she didnt admit anything, but to the knowing, it was clear. At times it was confusing, even illogical yet logical. the young drowess at times, just didnt know what to do. figuring it out along the way worked so far and while had its downs, there were ups as well; some possible worth it. beside, crazy wasnt all bad.

the drowess stood there a few moments, the tension of it there as it was. the screaming of a mental battle inside. a rush of confused thought and emotions that accompanied it. and not flinch as she normally would have to touch, especially such as it was. just smiled charmingly.

it was nearly an hour, maybe two before a silent, stealthy return to camp. most everyone had settled in and was resting. the fire was low but still going casting its light among the scattered group and reflecting of the frost and dusting of snow that had settled upon the cold frozen ground.
She sat down on the large bedroll on the outskirts of the camp, her sword and pack there with Zarstra asleep atop.

the young sorceress laid their on her back, snugly beneath the covers and rather warm, staring up into the night sky listening to the sounds around her, or lack their of. the moon at times calling to her it seamed, even if it sounded foolish to her. she need little rest, as she never rested much in the last 15 years. which beg the question how she remained so active (think ADHD like).

she was awake, tho she remained in the half meditative state as the sounds of two others arose early. the whispered conversation in the background. eventually she began moving, trying not to distrub the form next to her and slip out of the covers and quietly gather her things. a familar smell of her favorite dessert drew her attention, hurring silently over to snag a good few, leaving others some, tho not as many as there was, as well as a couple other items of food.
"here, I'll share," she said breaking a chocolate chip cookie in half and biting into the soft crumbly bread and handing the other half.
"so a new day..." she said to no one in general but aloud for any of the strange group to hear and respond if they wished, leaving out the word 'of troubles' that most everyone had to be thinking, "oh the joy of what it will bring"

the lizard stirring yawned and made her way twords the food as well.
"[color=red:3bzzpsii]ooo so many choices[/color:3bzzpsii]," snagging a piece and starting to pull it. the fruit was stubborn, and she played a tug awar with it mumbling, "[color=red:3bzzpsii]stupid fruit[/color:3bzzpsii]."

Inriia back on the bare back of Twilight, again took up the rear, despite her skills as a trained scout (rogue). watching as the three headed off ahead, her arm resting on the hilt of Shadowblade.

((edit: i musta been out of it. my response seems so ambiguious here))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Idly rolling his shoulders as he had took the quiet moment to 'rest' which resting to him wasn't even sleeping. But sitting there silent, working on making as new poison or just fletching some arrows. He had done it so many times that he was all but meditating as he did it. Became natural like breathing, which of course disturbed some as it was clear he was in a meditative state, yet handling things that some had to focus their attentions completely on. It was therapeutic to him really, one of the few ways he could relax. For him to sleep was rare, sleeping was a weakness, and he only slept if he was ill, like deathly ill and let his body do it's job. Last time he was that ill he had found a secluded place walled himself in and slept for at least a week. Waking up was the worst part feeling stiff.

Shifting as he must have finished about thirty or so arrows, of not more he felt her move heard her say something. snapping to the here and now he looked at her then to the bread and nodded taking it and ate it quietly with a drink of water.

While up on the horse he yawned though it wasn't a tired yawn, one could argue it was to reset the jaw. Or just boredom, was always hard to tell with him. Leaning some he relaxed while on the horse keeping where she was. As it was probably best to have two drow who knew how to watch themselves, of course it also opened them up for backstabbing. Zek if he was to do anything however was one to watch and wait, waiting for the time when they're at their weakest before striking, and exploiting any weaknesses all in one strike. Seeing the three head off he signed to her ' I do hope people realize, that it may come a time where this party may have to fight him right? Especially since his rage is getting worse. The question is, how would we bring him down quickly if the event arose.' His mind was always calculating strategies, thinking several steps ahead and re-planning as things went on to keep ahead of the game. Shrugging his shoulders finally he muttered." We'll see in time what fate has in store for him."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Vlad got Aurora's message and they blitzed it to the scene. Drakin had already taken care of three and a huge golemn with a bloody mess beneath him. Two left. Perfect. Zana whipped her bow off her back and jumped off the running tiger. Knocking an arrow into place, she quickly took aim at the easiest target. The first arrow hit the man through his leg. [i:188el7ef]Close, but not closer enough,[/i:188el7ef] she thought. She swung the bow behind her and ran up to the near fallen attacker. She removed her mother's dagger from her belt and slipped it between the man's ribs, puncturing his left lung. She would have gone for the heart, but this latest just a bit longer, making his suffering even more enjoyable for her.

"Let that be a lesson to you, bastard," she hissed quietly in the dying man's ear.

When Zana had leapt off, Vlad continued on his straight path. He knew which one Zana would go for. Years of being with her had taught him that much. He found that last one. The man was totally distraught, he had his sword out, but was at a loss of what to do. Vlad grabbed the man by his sword arm, forcing the weapon to drop from the now limp hand. The man screamed in pain. Vlad released his arm and went for the throat. He wrapped his fierce jaws around the large neck, fitting it easily in his giant mouth. The massive feline twisted around in a fast 360, and released the man, sending his crashing into a tree. Blood poured from the near-dead attacker's neck and arm. Vlad crawled up to the man, crouched low to the ground, ears flat, teeth barred.

[i:188el7ef]Fate's a funny thing isn't it?[/i:188el7ef] He growled, even though the man wouldn't be able to hear it, he would be thinking it anyways. Vlad's claws flashed across the man's face, tearing his eyes from their sockets. [i:188el7ef]Now you'll never be able to look at another woman like that again.[/i:188el7ef] He ended the sack of shit's life by letting him bleed to death. He wasn't worth the effort. Someone such as that deserved all the pain that could be inflicted.

Zana approached the girl and mother. "Are you two going to be okay?" She knew what it was like to be in that position, and it wasn't something that was permanently scarring. The husband would be fine. I would just require much healing, but he'd survive. Broken ribs could easily be dealt with.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[color=blue:kwd2iyqh]yes, there needs to be someone willing, should things get to that point. [i:kwd2iyqh]maybe[/i:kwd2iyqh]... we need to speak with the others of such a possible path?[/color:kwd2iyqh]" she signed back, "[color=blue:kwd2iyqh]it might would take all of us to begin with. I'd be rather disappointed if he werent formidable, that would be a waste of talent[/color:kwd2iyqh]," the last part in slight jest.

Inriia listened, noises in the far distance of..."fight" carried to sensitive hearing, her mare getting antsy in the moment. She was already beginning buffing spells (resistance) on the group and mage armor on herself.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir hadn't slept well. After hearing Luaxena's tale, he'd been left with an uneasy feeling, and had had the damned dreams again. Always it was the spider-demon laughing, as he tried vainly to escape her tangled webs, while hideous monsters sought to devour him. This time it had been his friend Sivestrik, come back as an undead dragon-spider to roar and snap at him "You let me die! Better to have killed me yourself, coward!" The thing had screamed, blasting him with frigid breath that shriveled his flesh into dust. He woke in a cold sweat.

As soon as the others had awakened, he picked up his belongings- hadn't even bothered to unpack more than his bedroll- and threw them back onto his mount. He didn't even look anyone in the eyes, much less speak. That in itself should seem odd to those who know him well. Palax notes the silence, and only has to look at the drow's face to understand that something is wrong. But he says nothing- after all, it's not his business.

Once the group gets going, he seems to ease up slightly, but still remains strangely quiet, saying little- until he hears the commotion aead of the fight starting, and suddenly spurs his horse on as if driven by some inner demon. Palax glances at his dark expression, and follows suit quickly. When they reach the group, it would appear that Zana and Zekafae have already taken care of most of it, along with help from Vlad and Aurora- and from Elwyn's golem, as well, it seems. The bard appears almost disappointed to have missed the action, but after taking one look around at the situation, he spits out a curse in drowish, and vaults off his mount to check the dead and dying bandits. If nothing else, he thinks, he might be able to speed one of them along on his journey to the next life- if only to alleviate the gnawing haunted feeling in his gut.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn hopped off his roc, landing lightly. He whistled, impressed by Zana's shooting.

[color=red:1qo85dpe]"That was some impressive marksmanship. Better than I could manage."[/color:1qo85dpe] He chuckled.

With a snap of his fingers, Gurguch began to fizzle with electricity, and soon disappeared into a cascade of sparks. An iron bound scrollcase flew into Elwyn's hand, and quickly was hidden in his sleeve. He made a move to extend a hand to the two women on the ground, but instead picked them up by their shoulders, confident they couldn't feel the difference between his hands and those of a living man.

[color=red:1qo85dpe]"Are you two alright?"[/color:1qo85dpe] He asked, making sure his face was hidden under his cloth mask. [color=red:1qo85dpe]"I hope they didn't hurt you two?"[/color:1qo85dpe]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Surely Luexena did not go to sleep right away as the others settled to rest. Eventually when most settled down, she rose up, slipping away to a distant clearing, despite the possible danger, taking only her sword with her. There was much she needed to pray about to the Goddess.

The Evensong lilted in the air, passionate and tender, offered to the moonlit sky, her thoughts were of Veraka's family as she wordlessly asked Eilistraee to grant her another vision. They needed more information, more guidance. As the song was ending, the priestess lowered her head, closing her eyes and touching the ring on the chain she was wearing. Should someone had listened to the melody at that moment, they'd have been surprised with how gentle and sad the sound was. Luexena smiled then, finishing the song, then rose up and returned to the camp, getting herself some food and then finally resting.

The next morning she was all pensive, following others quietly and staying a bit behind the group, so missed all action. She halted the horse, watching the rest, then glanced to Kalannar and Veraka. [i:baclh14q]Perhaps we should take them and the rescued ones to the Badger. We're about to move through Selberholme, past the Hunter's Dawn and into Deepingdale. So I suggest a stop at the Drunken Badger inn. It is warded and guarded well, we'll be safe there.[/i:baclh14q]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The woman looked petrified from what she’d just experienced, from seeing her captors being taken down by two half-drow, followed by a towering flesh golem putting the stomp on two more brigands.

She looked to Elwyn when he lifted her and her daughter off the ground; “n-no I don’t believe we’re hurt, but my husband,” she said, running over to the unconscious form of her husband.

Veraka looked down at the unconscious man, and noted Drakin nearby as well as Aurora; “he’ll be fine miss; some rest and healing will do him good. But we need to move now.”

[color=blue:19ehhvag]”Veraka; you might want to note that we didn’t find those bastards by accident; they seemed the fore front scouts of much, [b:19ehhvag]much[/b:19ehhvag] larger group.[/color:19ehhvag]

The aasimar nodded towards his assassin friend, making a mental note to look out for a large camp or something of the sort along the next leg of their journey.

Veraka and the group came upon the main body of highwaymen that Drakin, Zana and Elwyn had warned about, and though they were all still a good distance away from the large group, something seemed wrong with the scene that unfolded before the party.

“Leave the horses here, we don’t need unwanted casualties,” Veraka told the group as he dismounted Blaze and came to the ground with a dull thump. He turned to the folks that they’d rescued a ways back; “stay here, and don’t move or go anywhere; we’ll be back soon.”

The woman nodded and turned back to her daughter and battered husband.

[i:19ehhvag]Blaze; keep an eye on them; the last thing we need is them to be killed, or worse.[/i:19ehhvag]

The warcharger looked into the aasimar’s eyes, and snorted, but the look that he gave told Veraka that he knew what to do.
As the group made their way down toward the bandit encampment, the sight that they stumbled upon was gruesome, if not, sickening.

Bodies were strewn about; blood seeping from freshly curved lacerations and gouges.

Among the bodies were, men, women, the elderly, and even a few infants, still cradled in their mothers’ dead arms. All of whom looked like they’d been stabbed, or beaten to death for resisting being apprehended. Some looked as if they were raped on the spot. Screams of desperate mothers and sisters could be heard from behind the bulk of the raiding group of bandits, whom were spread out in a few different parties. Behind a few of them were cages, a number of them already filled with, mostly, children, a few in their teenage years. It was from behind those cages that the aasimar could hear the screams, both of fear and of horror. However that was cut short by a group of about 15 highwaymen jumped out at them,

Veraka noted one key fact about those children whom were caged; they were mostly boys; a few girls, whom were very young, between 3 and 7 he’d have guessed. The aasimar felt his anger surge, and his wrath skyrocket.

To those around him, he pulsed with energy, lighting crackling on Marala Vharc’s razor-edged blade; “those children. . . .they’re. .” his voice was cracked and pain-stricken, for he knew exactly what the parents of those children were feeling.

[color=indigo:19ehhvag]“Don’t give into your rage, Veraka,” came Luexena’s very worried voice from beside the aasimar.[/color:19ehhvag]

His rage building, Veraka felt the dark beast within him slowly crawling up and out from the depths of his soul.

[color=indigo:19ehhvag]”Fight it, Veraka;” exclaimed Luexena , standing near him, lavender eyes growing wide with terror as she realized what was happening, as did Palax, Lothir, and the others.[/color:19ehhvag]

Turning his helmet toward the priestess, the aasimar replied “I’m trying Luexena; but I can’t stand by with THIS happening.” He looked to the Luexena, his silver eyes showing the truth of his words, beneath his platinum helm.

“However, how am I supposed to keep it at bay when. . . . .” Veraka words were cut short as a scream of terrified anguish and sorrow split the air around them.

Down a ways from the party, about a hundred meters or so, the source of the scream became evident.
A half-elf woman was crying and screaming as her two children, a daughter and younger brother were ripped from her arms by two of the thugs.

“I think these two ‘ill make for good slaves; the girl we’ll sell to that Calimshanite feller. The lad, will make a fine servant for meself, eh.” When those words left the mouth of one of the highwaymen, the father of the family, a decently built human, stood up, and in a fit of provoked anger, rushed the goon.

It was an ill-conceived plan; the father received a hilt-strike to the neck, followed by a gut-wrenching punch which sent him reeling backwards and onto the ground with a grunt.

“Luexena, steel yourself for battle,” Veraka said in an unnervingly calm tone to the priestess as his aura shifted, giving a clear indicator of what was going on inside of him. Going from radiant white to near grey, the aasimar’s aura started to shift, like a super cell about to unleash a tornado fury.

[color=red:19ehhvag][i:19ehhvag]Give in to your rage, your wrath; you want to see them all dead; I can make that happen; you just need open up to your thirst for vengeance.[/i:19ehhvag][/color:19ehhvag] came a dark, brooding voice into the paladin’s mind.

If anyone noticed the aasimar, they’d notice that twin red and silver orbs of rage were glowing through the eye slits of his helm.
The group continued down towards the main encampment, Veraka completely not being fazed in the slightest by the death and rot round them all along the road. He simply wanted them all dead. When they all got a little bit closer, Veraka recounted the number of goons that they’d be up against. He came up with 65, which was odd because initially he’d counted around 81.

“Strange,” he said to himself, continuing to walk forward, his red and silver eyes tracking movements down the road in front of him. He continued onward, the berserker continuing to whisper to him to release its dark, unbridled power upon the highwaymen not far off ahead.

[color=blue:19ehhvag]The party made it to about a 30 meter distance before a rustle in the nearby brush would draw some attention from the party, only to have 15 or so bandits, each armed with either a longbow or heavy crossbow.[/color:19ehhvag]

[color=red:19ehhvag]”Well, look what we have here,” crowed one of the bandit archers, “a traveling drow merc group, and well funded one as well.”

“Fetch the boss,” another, taller bandit said to the first one who spoke. When the first lout had run off and fetched their commander, he came back with a man who was a stature above the rest of the surrounding highwaymen.

He gave Veraka and the others a thorough look-over, his eyes going mostly over the aasimar’s armor.

“So, what brings a richly improvised and well-connected group of adventurers such as yourselves out here to our neck of the woods; I could potentially come to agreement with you if . .
.”[/color:19ehhvag]

[color=blue:19ehhvag]A loud child’s scream cut off the leader’s sentence in mid-stream. The daughter of family had beaten her way out of the grips of her captors and ran over to her father, kneeling beside him, asking him if he was going to be alright.[/color:19ehhvag]

[color=red:19ehhvag]“Oh damn” said the girl’s handler, “damn wench got me good.”
The commander’s eyes narrowed at his subordinate, then at the young girl weeping over her father, who was still alive, though grievously injured.

“Get both the parents up on their feet; restrain the rats, and keep them watching,” He barked at this lackey’s. They did as instructed, taking the young girl away from her father, and shoving the injured father back onto his feet, though he required two sets of arms to support his limp frame. His wife was right next to him, as she kept on saying that it was going to be alright to her children.

The statured highwayman turned to the girl and snapped; “this is what you get for your defiance!” And in one swift movement, descended upon the helpless father, drew a shortsword, and slashed open his jugular. The man coughed up his own blood as his life spilled out onto the hard ground, soaking into it within seconds.

With a simple nod of his head, the commander indicated to his two men holding up the now bleeding father to just release him and let him fall. They did so, and the father tumbled down onto his knees, his horrendous wound opening and closing with his falling motion, sloshing out dark life-fluids. With a wet thud he hit the ground, the pool of his own blood ever widening as his body slowly drained itself.

The man’s wife let out a shriek of horror and rage, lashing out in an attempt to injure the commanding bandit, but her efforts were subdued by twin sets of stronger arms.

“For you, Miss, I’ve got something special in store for you. YOUR choice, either your son, or yourself. Hmm How about it?”[/color:19ehhvag]
That was all it took to unleash the stirring super volcano of rage, wrath and hate that had been welling inside the aasimar, and with that, all the Hells broke loose. With the power of a dragon and malice of a demon, Veraka unleashed roar of pure seething darkness from underneath his platinum helm. His aura went jet-black as the berserker came roaring out, simmering with black crackling energy. Everyone within the vicinity would find themselves deeply shaken ((fear effect for about 10 seconds; Strong will-save negates)) by the aasimar’s inhuman, and near beast-like bellow.

Taking three great strides with his massive legs, Veraka drew Marala Vharc, and charged head on at the bandit’s leader. In under another 3 strides, the Berserker-raging aasimar lunged at the leader, Marala Vharc’s razor edge leading a deadly path for the bandits gut. It happened in seconds.

The adamantine blade of Marala Vharc pierced right through the man’s leather armor, and plunged into his soft, abdominal organs. The berserker continued its powered thrust into the man’s abdomen, literally lifting him off the ground, despite his howling howls of pain and surprise. Slowly, even as chaos now erupted around him, Veraka let the bandit slowly start to slide down his sword’s edge, letting it cut deeper and deeper into his chest, slowly sawing its way into his upper rib cage. The man’s cries of pain turned to screams, which were quickly choked out as the mighty paladin launched is non-sword-occupied arm at the bandit and latched onto his throat. Slowly starting to squeeze, Veraka looked the man in the eyes, red orbs of the beast that now possessed him, shimmering with wrath-filled malice at the man for what he’d done.

“Now you [b:19ehhvag]die[/b:19ehhvag],” came the aasimar’s voice, though it wasn’t Veraka at all; it was much darker, more sinister, more [b:19ehhvag]vengeful[/b:19ehhvag]. With that said, Veraka yanked with all his might on his sword, pulling it from the man’s chest cavity, causing endless howls of agony from him; the berserker seemed to revel in the man’s pain, as this brought a near smile to the aasimar’s lips.
Still holding the man by his neck, though ever more squeezing the life outta him, Veraka looked around on the ground, looking for something; He found it, took two steps over near where the now dead father was, and, with a howl of blood-lusting rage, brought the man down in a forced hurl onto the ground, right on top of a rocks surface, despite the now resonating pains from the impacts of ten different arrow and bolt impacts along his back and shoulders; however, with the Berserker in full swing, his pain tolerance also skyrocketed, for the moment.
An audible ‘Crack’ could be heard from the back of the bandit leader as his spine snapped under the force of the blow, in the lower half of his back.
The aasimar gripped Marala Vharc with both hands, and brought the blade over his head; fear filled the now paralyzed man’s eyes as he saw what the huge paladin was about to do. Veraka’s eyes narrowed at the bandit’s and he brought Marala Vharc down with all his might. The sword’s tip plunged into the bandit’s neck like a pylon, spraying red ichor onto Veraka’s platinum armor. One last gurgle escaped his ragged blood-soaked mouth, and then nothing.

Veraka looked into the sky, and with a show of force over his slaughtered kill, roared yet again, the Berserker showing itself fully now, for all its dark power, fury and rage. Then, pulling his now blood-soaked blade from the dead, fountaining corpse’s neck, the enraged aasimar looked around for his next kill for the slaughter, and finding it, when he was forced to bring his sword up and into a parry a longsword strike from a now attacking bandit.
Last edited by veraka on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana gave Elwyn a crooked smile. "Thanks." She wasn't used to compliments, but she appreciated them all the same.

As they traveled further, everyone felt it. Something wasn't right. It then came into view. The carnage strewn about everywhere and further on, it wasn't just the dead, there were some people still alive. Children were caged, fathers were dead, mothers were childless.

"Dear gods, what is this..." Zana whispered, taken off guard, the breath gone from her lungs. She'd never seen anything like this in her whole life. The shock overpowered her and she had a hard time comprehending what she was seeing. She had seen some pretty awful things in her life time, but nothing to this magnitude and so out in the open. Living with the people she had, she'd grown to had slavery and anything of this sort.

She saw the struggle Veraka was having with himself, and she refused to start an uproar, much to her distaste, until Veraka gave the go ahead. Words passed between the commander and Veraka, and the commander seemed unshaped by anything out out. Zana turned as she heard a girl scream, the shrill piercing her ears and tearing her heart up. Her father was killed and then all hell let loose.

She couldn't stand it anymore, and obviously neither could Veraka. That is the one thing they shared, insolence of this kind was NOT tolerated to any degree. Her anger cause her to not be affected by Veraka's roar and the cat shook it off, being the cat he is.

"I've seen enough," she growled to herself, drawing her bow with lethal intent.

[i:21alwmeq]Agreed[/i:21alwmeq], Vlad growled, his eyes narrowing to barely visible slits.

Zana raced up a slight hill off to the side and fired her first shot and an unsuspecting raider. The man had a child in his grasp and was beating the boy harshly in the face. The arrow sizzled through the air as if guided by an unseen force and struck the man through the wrist. Zana saw him scream, making he grin, er to ear. "That one's for the boy." He released the boy, who scuttled off, and turned to look for his attacker. "And this one's for you." She fired the second shot, slicing through his eye socket, just as he'd made eye contact with her. He screamed in pain, scratching at his face until he finally stopped. The arrow had sunk far enough in to penetrate the useless grey matter in his worthless skull.

Vlad took note of Zana in her sniping spot, making sure not to get in her way, and entered the chaos. He found his first target:a female human. He tore through her leather armor like a knife through melted butter, tearing open her chest cavity. His claws shredded flesh and bone, causing blood to gush out onto the ground. She screamed in horror and she saw herself being mutilated beyond recognition, the endorphins from shock keeping her alive just a bit longer. She fell to the ground in convulsions, blood pouring around her, organs visible from her opened torso.

Zana grin spread even more when she saw Vlad tear apart the female. [i:21alwmeq]That's my boy.[/i:21alwmeq] She aimed down to her next target. This one was duel wielding swords,wearing light chain mail. He was half breed like her. She pulled back the bow string as far s it would go, making sure the arrow would travel fast and furious. She fired, and the arrow sailed through the air faster than the blink of an eye and right into the elf's unprotected throat. He fell, holding the arrow, choking on his own blood.

Her next target was a runner. The female elf was also wielding a bow, taking pot shots here and there...but not for long. Zana aimed a little ahead of the running elf and fired. The arrow was just a little too soon, and passed before it had time to hit the runner. Zana furrowed her brow and took a deep breath. She released it slowly, firing her second strafing shot. Perfect. The elf met the arrow and fell to the ground.

The next was a human male, wearing full armor and wielding a great sword. He had taken cover behind one of the cages. [i:21alwmeq]Coward,[/i:21alwmeq] Zana said in disgust. She could ht the tip of his head, but his helmet would probably glance the arrow. She tried anyways and fired. The arrow dented him helmet, causing him to jump to his feet and run. Zana followed him with her bow and fired again. It didn't pierce. The third shot caught him in the knee, dropping him fast.

[i:21alwmeq]Vlad. Fetch.[/i:21alwmeq] Zana commander her all to willing tiger.

Vlad whirled around, having just finished his second kill and got the fallen man into his sights. He charged the man and jumped, aiming to crush his chest plate in. The man's eyes widened in fear and he manged to raise his sword a bit. Vlad landed on the side of the sword, pushing it along with the chest armor into the man. Vlad's paw, being bigger than the flat end of the sword, covered it and caused the blade to cut into his paw. Vlad took no notice as he tore out the man's jugular.

[i:21alwmeq]You're bleeding,[/i:21alwmeq] Zana said, concerned, covering Vlad.

[i:21alwmeq]Oh well. It'll have to wait.[/i:21alwmeq]

An arrow whizzed past Zana, thudding into a tree next to her. "Close."
Te next tore her sleeve. "Closer."

She got up from her sniping spot and moved or more cover, lying flat on the ground, trying to find the other archer. "Ah ha. I have you now." She saw the other archer taking cover as she had behind a tree on the opposite side of the battle field. This was a game Zana could play. She wasn't the best at patience, but this was different. She could wait all day for that archer to poke its head out, and then , bingo, she'd have him. And that's exactly what happened. A minute passed and the opposing archer did just that. He peered around the tree only to get an arrow planted firmly between his eyes. Zana chuckled low. "Patience is a virtue."
Last edited by Zanathie Avuna on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin looked around at the marauders surrounding them as Veraka spoke to their leader. The moron didn't even realize he was already dead.

Most of the marauders were obviously untrained in their weapon, give a brawler a sword and he would wield it like a club. There were a few that were trained. Drakin's first target was one of these, a human with a round shield and short sword. The stance he was in told Drakin he knew how to use both.

Drakin moved as Veraka did, fighting through the wave of anxiety that emanated from the big warrior. He charged the warrior with the shield.

Hoping for a quick kill from the suddenness of the attack, he was disappointed as the shield blocked his shotel. But he stayed true to the closest thing to a code that he had. "Breath. Don't think. React."

He pulled out a dagger and started flipping it around in his hand as he and the warrior circled one another. The movements were second nature to Drakin, but the flashy display kept drawing the eye of the fighter in front of him. One time the fighter looked at the dagger for a moment too long, in that moment Drakin's shotel entered his side, the potent wyvern poison coating the blade killing the man in a few moments.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching ahead of him he signed to her [color=blue:24h53fzq]We shall see in time. I don't take the idea assassination maybe needed. I prefer he get a tighter grip on his rage. Else it could be a disaster for all of us.[/color:24h53fzq]
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((ok, so we not in the scouting have joined up someway or another then i assume. ))

the majority dismonted and headed twords the crowd of bandits, Inriia remained on Twilights back for the moment while the fight broke out.

"ji mzil ulu detholar dal, Usstan xuat tangis'zhaun vel'klar ulu itami," she said then laughed a maniacal laugh. releasing the horse, it vanished from sight, while Inriia activated her house ring levitating up a good 10 feet. the tree behind her created shadows to add with bits of darkness she tossed around. her hands quickly moved in the correct sequence as the arcane words rolled off her tongue.
her finger pointed to a large group, a glowing, pea-sized bead streaked twords them and an explosion of flame detonated. those caught in the blast screaming and attempting to run for safetly while the flames licked at their flesh. the sorceress was quick, and another one followed, then a third. if any of her companions (([color=cyan:u14b13ox]some of yall will have a fireball around you. since only one or two have replied, hard to say who yet[/color:u14b13ox])) were surrounded by too many, a fireball fell around them, helping weaken the numbers; she knew the party members would survive, and if nothing more than slightly singe, all the better.

to change it up, a powerful stroke of electrical energy streaked forth from her fingers again followed by another. the young drowess laughed a number of times (hideous laughter), watching the chaos and the damage she created on the bandits, egged on by the memory of her own simular trauma.
Zarstra on hidden by the darkness spell in the tree released a few spells (it says familars can share spells)[/size:u14b13ox] on anyone whose attention was drawn twords Inriia and coming after her. both knew that someone would get wise and confront her directly- and she would be prepared.
next a burning globe of fire rolled out twords a group attempting to sneak around behind and strike. they attempted to flee, which the sorceress mentally directed it to chase them.

an arrow wizzed thru the air, and Inriia spun herself closer to the tree, levitation still active, to avoid the missile. the arrow head clipped the side of her arm, and had she not been wearing the spidersilk it would have left a good scratch (or had the mage armor spell on herself.) the young drowess released a flame arrow on the archer. but he was the distraction. in the corner, almost too late, a hidden mage, of lower ability, yet a spell that would counteract her work, finished the words to a spell she knew all too well. her levitation failed, her mage armor gone, she felt the falling sensation. reaching out to the branch beside her, she attempted to grab it. her strength more than most (dragon disciple adds a + to strength) she managed to catch herself to slow her speed. but it wasnt enough and it slipped from her hands.

Inriia impacted the ground harder than expected, not as hard as it coulda been. her ankles taking the shock of it. ignore the pain of possible sprains, she was moving, slightly slower while drawing Shadowblade.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard said nothing as they rescued the family, but when he heard the commotion of the larger group ahead, he grinned wickedly and raced off just behind Veraka, sabers drawn and ready. A whispered spell to enhance his speed, and a second to make himself invisible, brought him quickly into the fray. Finding a group of the bandits near one of the cages, he suddenly rang out with a drowish battle-hymn to the Dark Maiden, the song seeming to come from nowhere as he rolled into their midst and slashed out with both blades as he began his wild dervish-like battledance. The first strike ended his invisibility, but it hardly mattered as he caught one of the bandits- a half-orc in leather with a huge aze- from behind, mithril blades slicing through flesh and bone like butter. The hlaf-orc fell without ever seeing his attacker.

The next strike from several steps away against a second bandit- this one a human male in chain armor who had only half-drawn his own blade- landed swiftly enough to rend the man's mail and then through the flesh beneath to gut him even as he turned to face his enemy. By this time, the remaining six of the small group had managed to ready their weapons against the whirling, weaving, sliding and dipping cyclone of flashing blades and frenzied singing drow that moved erractically among them. for all the good it would do them. Two came on at once, swords raised and swinging to hack at him from both sides. He simply pivoted into a spinning side-step and kicked out, tripping one up into his companion. The next instant, two sabers slashed across his throat and up below his groin, and he fell with a shriek that turned into a gurgle, stumbling forward to skewer his own comrade.

Another bandit, an elf, spun in to meet Lothir, and their blades met with a crash of sparks and shriek of metal. He matched the drow move for move for several seconds, clearly familiar with the fighting style. Another battledancer? The drow matched blades and steps with him for several more seconds, even as a second opponent tried to slip in behind him to take him down. Even over the din of battle and the rising tempo of his song (bardic music, folks! "And just like at bard camp, now you're all +1...") he still heard- or rather felt- the presence of the new enemy, and ducked below the stab at his ribs unexpectedly, causing the rogue to overbalance. Lothir rolled aside, never missing a beat of the song, and make a kick-spin to come back behind him, putting the would-be back-stabber between himself and the other battledancer. He thrust once, and the hapless bandit fell.

Meanwhile, Palax had seen the carnage up ahead as well, and despite Veraka's warning to leave the horses, he simply drew his sword and shiled, and spurred his huge golden steed into a run. "By the Thunder of Justice, I smite you, lawless cowards!" He yelled, charging right into their midst with sword swinging to hack the head off of one even as he turned around to see what the newest threat was. It sailed through the air to land beside one of the cages.

Palax rose in the saddle, raising his shield to block a blow at his side, and dove off his mount, which reared up to trample a bandit that was threatening the bard, while Palax himself roared in righteous fury and spoke a word that brought his sword crackling to life with a blue electric glow. A bolt of lightening shot out, striking a bandit who had been about to rape one of the captured women, and left him dancing like a stringless puppet for several moments before he finally fell as a charred corpse.

Inriia's first fireball hits just then, and he is engulfed in flames for a brief moment- only to emerged unscathed, his draconic heritage giving him resistance to the scorching flames. Not so his opponents, however. Still full of divine wrath and dragon-rage, Palax hurls himself at another bandit, blasting this one with flames of his own making, while he fends of the blows of another. He is struck from behind in the shoulder, by an arrow from a hidden archer, and quickly turns around to raise his shield to fend off the next arrow. It plinks off his shiled, and he slashes out at the opponent that had struck at him with a mace, elven steel cutting through padded leather and human flesh with ease. The bnadit falls with a scream.

While Palax deals with the attacks from the archer, Lothir continues to face off against the rival dancer, clearly evenly matched. In frustration, he lights the other up with faieie fire by simple will, and leaps up into a spinning whirlwind of blades that continues up, his levitation taking him above the elven battledancer. His opponent looks startled, and stops suddenly in confusion. Lothir suddenly drops back down on him like a rock, and slashes out with a quick succession of cuts that ends the other's dance for good. Even as his feet touch the ground, A hail of magic missles strikes him, and he is blasted from his feet with a grunt of pain, falling onto his back and ending the song-and-dance of death. He lies dazed for several seconds, only to find a pair of brigands rushing at him as he gets up, his clothes and hair smoking from the injuries from the unseen mage.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

While she was having her fun tossing spells he slid into the shadows melding with them perfectly. It was not long before a body was thrown out into the open slamming hard into the nearby tree. before it hit the ground Zek was already moving in plunging a blade hard into the chest. Any other that came near him were met with even greater violence. Moving from the tree he stalked his way towards a small group which saw him and charged right for him. Hardly missing the beat he met them head on. The blades were lethal enough but as he cut the first one down he pressed his hand against the forehead of one of them invoking a spell at point blank range. Fire instantly consumed him which sent him off running.

Taking a trick from his sister's own book, he unleashed a cone of fire infront of and to the two sides of him, sweeping the inferno across to set the area ablaze. Where the flames came from him was debatable, it was clear that he hadn't lost his edge. Seeing more he took the full opportunity to dash in and lunge through the flames landing on the poor soul driving his sword in his chest. Moving on he pulled the blade out with the sickening hiss and moved on. A slight flick of his wrist brought his sword to imbed itself in the skull of one whom was dieing from the first wave of attacks.
Site, story being redone