[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir tied up his horse with the others, as Palax did the same, and shrugged absently at Elwyn's question. "The years have been rahter good to me so far, as you might have noticed from my lovely family back there in Shadowdale. I finally found a way to access the world I came from, and now my companions and I are reunited for good."

He gives him a slight nod and smile, and turns to see Luaxena moving off the speak to Veraka. He follows along silently, and stops behind a tree just a short distance from them, listening unobtrusively to their conversation, as if he knows that something of importance is being discussed. As they finally return to the camp, he slips along in their wake- slinking around in shadows is not his usual way, but as a drow, he has long been used to secrecy and stealth.

How could he not be, with a sire who is the head of Anterris's largest- and deadliest- band of thieves, assassins, spies, and pirates ever to be seen? More to the point, every drow in Argonia learns at an early age how to move about unseen and unheard, simply to survive. A sometimes flashy and occasionally flamboyant bard and showman he might be, but even he knows that there is a time and place for stealth.

As they return to the camp, he sees the small explosion of Inrii's fireball, and hears the exchange between her and Elwyn. With a sigh of resignation, he moves forward to defuse the situation, even as Veraka himself attempts to quell the brewing dispute. <Ever the diplomat, it seems...> he thinks, and adds his own voice to the mix. "Friends, it is not wise to toss around threats and insults like this- that sort of thing only leads to division, which we DO NOT need now. We are all here because we feel compelled to aid our comrade in seeing his family back safely. Whatever disputes any of us have can wait."

Palax, who had stayed out of things until now, looks up at him from where he has been getting a pot of tea ready for the fire, and nods. "For once, the fool drow is right. Let us all get some rest, eh?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the sorceress grumbled, being tugged to follow. Her crimson orbs narrowed dangerously to the human male in a unvoiced warning; she was not a spider kisser!

"fine."
Inrii stormed off twords the trees, but not before turning the wizards cloak, clothes and turban/head covering/mask clear.
it sated her, a tad.

((edit: sorry, you cast spells, so i would guess a new type of insane wizard.
as for revealin, i had to find something less destructive. most spells are offensive for her. and she'd not cast a defensive on him. so you got stuck with predigination spell. tho next time it might be more more singed))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((I am not a wizard... sheesh.... And now I guess I have to give up my funnest secret with this guy... aww, I had planned to do it in a more explosive manner.))

Elwyn chuckled, [color=red:1uicacfl]"It seemes her devotion has only grown these past years."[/color:1uicacfl] He shook his head. Since he could hardly do anything about Inrii's spell, he figured his best course of action would simply be to wait for the spell to run out. He had half a mind to flash step away from the group, but he figured the damage was done.

His head was really the only living part left on his body. The rest had been replaced long ago with the mostly dead flesh of his craft. His limbs were obviously crafted on, due to all four of them having distinctly different skin tones, and obvious joints where the living thing would be covered by skin. The skin itself looked extremely tightly stretched, as if it were strung around a metallic shell. Elwyn's lower jaw had been replaced by an obvious metallic double, which seemed as if it was taken off of some ogreish creature. In the middle of his chest sat a large crystal, which seemed to glow and spark with lightning.

[color=red:1uicacfl]"Ah the wonders of my craft, no?"[/color:1uicacfl]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

They rode on through the forest and Zana just about fell off Vlad with laughter when she saw one man drop his bottle of liquor as he saw them flew by.

The events at the camp passed, and Zana stood a ways away from the fire, unimpressed with with the puppet master and everyone else. Vlad lay next to her, also silently observing.

[i:4ammw3pn]What says you, we go get some food. I'm sick of sitting around here. Plus, I'm hungry,[/i:4ammw3pn] Zana said to Vlad.

[i:4ammw3pn]Agreed. I can easily get a couple deer or the whole group.[/i:4ammw3pn]

The two headed out into the night to find a couple of unsuspecting sleeping deer. Vlad crouched low to the ground, letting his senses take control. Scouting and hunting was made easy with Vlad. His heightened senses made finding targets really easy.

Zana followed silently behind the creeping tiger, bow drawn, arrow set in place, and awaited the first deer.

[i:4ammw3pn]We're coming up on a small herd. I would say about six, perhaps seven- fawns are always had to tell apart from the bigger ones.[/i:4ammw3pn] Vlad informed Zana.

She nodded. He knew the plan. She'd flank from one side, he'd flank from the other. The key was to not step o an unforgiving branch or brush too close to a bush. That would ruin everything.

Zana now saw the herd. There was a fawn. This time would come later perhaps, but not tonight. Two other doe would have to do. She crept around to the other side of the sleeping herd, keeping her distance.

[i:4ammw3pn]Ready?[/i:4ammw3pn] She asked.

[i:4ammw3pn]Always.[/i:4ammw3pn] She shot her arrow with deadly accuracy. The slight thump awakened the herd. They ran in Vlad's direction and then he attacked, nailing the other target. The herd turned and bolted towards Zana, causing her to jump onto a tree, as high as she could onto the trunk without actually climbing it.

She jumped down and broke the head off the arrow, sliding the shaft out of the deers heart. She did a sort of roll, getting the deer around her shoulders for carrying. The doe was heavy, but her back was strong enough to support her.

Vlad decided it'd be best to just stay where he was a eat his fill, then bring back the remains when he was finished. One deer should be enough for the group anyways and if the winter wolf wanted some, she would probably be able to find him.

Zana returned to camp, setting the dead doe down. "I hope you all like venison, if not, too bad," she announced to the group and began skinning the doe. She cut her open removing the entrails with precision. Many ears of this had caused her to be rather good at it.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He walked with her, or if some could call it stalking. Shaking his head slowly he muttered something about the disdain he had towards anything non elf, nevermind anything that wasn't a drow. Looking to her for a moment." If it wasn't for the paladin, I'd say scorch him to the bone. Who knows maybe on this patrol you'll be able to turn something to ashes.." Commenting offhandedly" Kinda like the first time you cooked something when we were out in the wilds."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii muttered to herself, then took a deep breath before releasing a fireball around herself, the flames not scortching her. She hated wasting her magic on trival things but she just had to. Stepping out and pacing she looked up over to Zek.
"maybe an unfortunate accident? the only problem is any goody-two shoes around makes it harder."
in another direction she heard the slightest movements of deer. it was barely, but she also thought she heard movement of a hunter. which was confirmed by the kill shortly afterwards.
"well, i think dinner was just caught. thats good."

Zarstra had been off exploring the wilds around, snooping at the packs of the party members when the spat started. She watched wondering how it was gunna end. But it calmed down when the aasimir stepped in. a good thing for everyone.
then the lizard went back to her business, coming near an old friendly face from long ago ((any who want to see the lizard at their stuff))

her temper was fading as she stopped at a small stream. She also realized her sword was on her bedroll, a palm to her face. the sorceress had other skills, she had been trained as a scout and thief from early on before discovering her innate magical aptitude; (rogue) but it was a special sword, and dangerous. Inrii was about to turn to go back for it but was held back
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding a moment" You think like me more and more I swear.." he mused slightly." They disrupt the balance after awhile.. eventually nature will take over and show them that being good all the time is against nature." Shrugging slightly at the mention of deer and food. Taking a breath he looked to the stream before speaking, lets get some fresh water while we're here and get a drink, maybe wash some road dust off.."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[quote:339jilpc]You think like me more and more I swear.. [/quote:339jilpc]
Inrii lightly laughed to that. Kneeling down at the cold water. only the steady flow allowed it to not be froze over from winter. If it hadnt been so cold, she might would gotten in. She reached her fingers into it feeling its bite on the expose parts.
She looked back twords camp, the orange glow of the fire casting shadows with dusk(?). the stars dotted the darkening clear sky.
"its gunna be a cold night. especially out in the open. and...there's something in the air. I'm not sure yet."
Inrii then plopped down onto the bank of the stream, no canteen on her since her pack was on her bedroll, guarded by Zarstra of course, if she wasnt distracted.

Zarstra at the half-drowess' belongings looked up to see her at work on the deer. then went about seeing what interest was there, but careful to avoid the tiger around. it could eat her in one bite.
'[color=green:339jilpc]good thing i am super stealth,[/color:339jilpc]' the lizard thought to herself
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka sighed with relief as Zek took the fiery Inrii out and about around the camp; [i:1m2m2x70]that was [b:1m2m2x70]too[/b:1m2m2x70] close,[/i:1m2m2x70] he thought to himself, knowing that the sorceress had the same volatile temperament that he did on occasion.

[i:1m2m2x70]Might I recommend you have a chat with that Elwyn fellow, hmm?[/i:1m2m2x70] came Aurora’s suggestion to his mind through their own telepathic link.

[i:1m2m2x70]Agreed; I’m not one for having infighting among the group.[/i:1m2m2x70]
The great wolf merely nodded her confirmation and agreement to Veraka’s thought, and then padded on over to Zana, whose offer of food was most welcoming, especially for the appetite of a Winter Wolf.

The wolf noticed Zarstra sifting through Zana’s personal stuff and shook her furry head; [i:1m2m2x70]You [b:1m2m2x70]do[/b:1m2m2x70] that there is 500 pound furball, with as big of an appetite as me, just over there where the owner of that stuff is, don’t you?[/i:1m2m2x70] she asked the lizard.

==================

Veraka decided to have his talk with Elwyn here and now.
“Elwyn,” the aasimar raised his voice to the odd-looking puppeteer. When Elwyn looked over to Veraka, the aasimar waved him over to join him where he was.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

ELwyn's eyebrow rose, and in a flash of lightning, he vanished reappearing immedeately by Veraka, still sitting on his gourd.

[color=red:2ew64sp3]"Hm?"[/color:2ew64sp3]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her he got a drink and refilled his water sacs and settled down next to her. Handing her one of the bags he thought for a moment listening." There's something always in the air.. change is forever occurring." Looking to the water." I think I know what you mean, I wonder how long Veraka can maintain his control." Chuckling slightly" I knew it'd come, both he as a father and this. You just had to observe carefully enough. In some ways she maybe the best thing for him a means to balance his disposition. Though family can be used as a weakness to so many degrees... especially those like her and you... one's own past catches up with them. I know where my family is, as they know where I am. We do not interfere with each other's affairs, a simple arrangement. " Shrugging some, he knew if he was to father any children, they'd be trained as soon as they could walk to defend themselves vehemently, deadly and overall kill anyone outside of friends or family who would try anything with them. Like many vipers... the offspring are deadliest while they're young.. no control over their venom which worked for the best for potential predators. Moving a hand through his hair a moment." Wonder how far we should patrol."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was not the slightest bit surprised when Elwyn teleported over, unphased by the appearance.

“Elwyn,” the aasimar began, turning to regard the puppeteer; “I accepted you on this excursion due to the simple fact that I was in need of help at the time. If it hasn’t become apparent, the lives of my own wife and son are in jeopardy at this very moment, and I don’t know what in the Nine Hells has happened to them. For all I know they could be dead now. However, I’m not going to give up until I see them myself.”

“For that to happen, that means that this group that I’ve asked to assist me [b:12a2fco0]has[/b:12a2fco0] to work together if there’s even going to be a remote chance for me to see Neriah and Dante again. That means,” the aasimar let his silver hued orbs burn as he gazed directly into the puppeteer’s eyes, “that that bullshit I saw earlier between yourself and Inrii has to stop, [b:12a2fco0]now[/b:12a2fco0]. There’s a time and place for [i:12a2fco0] vith'ez bauth[/i:12a2fco0], but until the rest of the group is comfortable around everyone else, it’s going to have to wait. If bringing up an old rivalry, or just being sarcastically funny was the idea, then that’s fine; however, until we are [b:12a2fco0]all[/b:12a2fco0] within more [b:12a2fco0]defensible[/b:12a2fco0] surroundings, am I clear?”
The tone in Veraka’s voice was sharp, serrated, and a tad bit on the darker side, but he was absolutely clear in his meaning. If there was going to be any more possible disputes among the group, funny or otherwise, he’d interfere and stop it, with force if he had to.

The raw anger that burned behind Veraka’s voice and in his eyes when he spoke stood true to his intention; he wanted to see his wife and son safe and in his arms again, and he was willing to resort [b:12a2fco0]any[/b:12a2fco0] measure or method to see it done.

However, before any words were said in the silence that followed, Veraka spoke up again; “I’m not saying Elwyn that your services are not welcome; just stow the sarcastic humor for another time is all.”
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn's other eyebrow rose. He softly chuckled.

[color=red:oi2hdyhf]"Are all people as on edge as you are? Honestly, you are a paladin, are you not? Why do you worry so for your family? Don't you have faith that you god will protect them, as he is protecting you with that armor? Besides, if they are dead, as you say, how can you help them? Or do you have to power to raise the dead? And if they are not dead, how do you help them any by worrying about them so much, that you are unable to rationally lead this group? You, and you alone, have the slimmest chance of finding them, and the rest of us are merely your puppets, to be thrown at the enemy while you cut your own path."[/color:oi2hdyhf]

He raised his hand to forestall any outburst Veraka might make.

[color=red:oi2hdyhf]"What you call 'bullshit' I call frankness. In all honesty, I hold very little love in my heart for you supposedly holy people. You may hide behind your masks of divine tranquility and power, but if you cut a priest, his blood will run as red as my own once did. And yet whenever a priest or a paladin raises their voice to speak, the rest of the crowd goes silent for their supposedly divinely inspired words."[/color:oi2hdyhf]

He scoffed.

[color=red:oi2hdyhf]"Do not misunderstand. The need for urgency is very real... however, if you have honestly tried your hardest in this past day to rescue them, what more could a mortal do, or a god ask for?"[/color:oi2hdyhf]

He nodded to Veraka, and stood up, hefting his gourd on his back.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

At the spoken words from Elwyn, the aasimar retorted; "I am a paladin yes; do I have faith in my god to help my beloved wife and son as he has me, yes; but I also know this. At the moment, I'm still trying to digest the fact that they're both gone, and [b:bkfe3l46]of course[/b:bkfe3l46]; what man wouldn't worry about his own family when they've been taken from the very place they call 'home'?"

He stopped for a moment, then added in a low undertone; "Oh, I'll cut my path alright, right through anyone that stands in my way."

"Also, don't think I'm some 'thine holier than-thou' religious fanatic; I let my actions be my words to others; when words fail;" Veraka paused mid-sentence, placing an armored hand upon the hilt of Marala Vharc and drawing the sword with a metallic ring; "[b:bkfe3l46]this[/b:bkfe3l46] doesn't." The aasimar sheathed his blade.

"One more thing; I myself am not without flaws. If my temper isn't a testament to that already, then when we enter battle, you'll see what is."

With that said and done, the paladin turned afoot, and stalked over to where Zana and Aurora were, sat down near Aurora and laid back against her white furry coat, letting his mind process the day's events and just [b:bkfe3l46]how[/b:bkfe3l46] he was going to be able to get Neriah and Dante back.

"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((ok, 15 minute break to get a small post in. then back to the books))

the sorceress took the bag to take a sip. "well, there's those things of course. But there's something else. I'm just not sure." she shrugged an 'anyway' taking another sip of the water.
"one cant choose family. you can leave when you come to a realization... besides, it wasnt blood that did this," her hand pointing just below the left clavicle and down to her sternum. a large ugly scar that looked as if it was a few weeks old when in fact it was nearly 15 yrs since that painful incident- an incident that left the most psychological damage than anything she'd experienced yet.
Inrii smiled looking back to him, "are you getting soft on me now?" jokingly with a playful push.

Getting up, she leaned down to fill the waterskin and closed it tossing it back to him. She then dusted of any dirt clinging to her leggings.
"set a few traps, I think, and head back."

Zastra gave a grin when the word came thru. "[color=red:3tugmhtt]I have done nothing. I'm just looking. besides. I'm old, gotta keep up the skills[/color:3tugmhtt]."
that was true, the lizard was now close to 16 years old.

(I'm guessing familars may live longer than average?)