[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena once more sent her horse to race after the aasimar. The wind flipped the shawl off her head so the wave of her long silver tresses billowed behind her. She enjoyed the ride, basking in the sensation of the breeze against her skin. The road was pretty smooth and the buckskin horse carried her rather carefully, so for a moment she even forgot about the neverending ache in her back. But she could never forget the reason she was with this odd group as her lavender gaze been resting upon the paladin ahead of them.

Several hours later, as they finally camped by the road, the young priestess slipped off the horse, carefully removing the saddle and the reins to give Spot some rest, then she left her mount snared not far from Blaze. Luexena rolled her shoulders a little, tugging her chainmail off to give her sore back some rest, remaining in leathers. This light armor was decently enchanted too so could provide some protection if needed.

Luex spotted the paladin moving to the side, and followed him after a moment of hesitation, watching the knelt massive frame for a long span, giving him some time on her own... Yet, being sensitive to auras, again she sensed that rage in Veraka's heart, and it propelled her to step forward. The drow adjusted her gloves carefully, casting her gaze down, before she kicked at some small branch upon the grass, creating little noise to announce her presence. Then she approached the man.

[i:3gusb3z1]I am sorry for disturbing you, Veraka[/i:3gusb3z1]. She said then, again her voice was quiet and soft, soothing. [i:3gusb3z1]But I think you should not be alone right now. Perhaps we could talk?[/i:3gusb3z1]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar raised his head so his eyes were staring level across the great span of Faerun that lined the horizon as dusk approached, his blood-red, silver iris eyes locked onto the horizon, as if he was gazing at those who took his wife and son from him right in that moment.

Upon hearing Luexena's voice, his will clashed with that of the Berserker. He grappled with the inner rage that fought like a ravaging demon, to escape his ironhard grip on it.

"And if I have not the choice to be alone, Luexena; it seems that I have either lost favor with my deity, or there are forces that are far greater than my original scope of thought predicted there to be, at work here." His tone was calm, concise, but cold and hard.

"However," he turned around, still kneeling upon the soil, his crimson-silver eyes meeting her lavender ones "I do not wish to pass these moments of thought by myself. I. . . would welcome company, even if just to speak to."

When the priestess made herself comfortable, or at least found herself a decent spot to sit down, he then asked "so, what is it you wish to speak about with me?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena settled upon a large rock next to the knelt man, tucking her legs under herself, her eyes were on the same level with Veraka's now. Her expression was serene, compassionate, the voice lilted quietly.

[i:2p0fmvcu]Yes, it might seem this way now, that your god abandoned you. It might seem you're alone and there is no help for you. Yet, this is not true. My Goddess granted me the vision, this is why I am here. It's perhaps the best prove that the greater powers still care for you. And it means there is still hope.[/i:2p0fmvcu]

She lifted her gaze to the darkening sky, falling quiet for a moment, her hand grasping the ring she was wearing on the chain around her neck. Her other gloved hand reached up to brush several silvery tendrils from her face, then the drow looked to him again.

[i:2p0fmvcu]The anger you're feeling... The rage... the hatred... It might seem they are making you stronger, perhaps they do. But in letting these feelings consume you, you might lose youself... and cease to be who you are. Then your foes will win.[/i:2p0fmvcu]

She blew a soft sigh then and offered an apologetic smile. [i:2p0fmvcu]I do not mean to lecture you. Believe me, I understand how you feel, perhaps not fully, but I do. I just want you to realize, you'll be fighting two battles now. One to free your family, and the other, to not lose yourself...[/i:2p0fmvcu]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka let himself sit down, if only as a reprieve from his knees, which were somewhat now slightly throbbing.

Then turned his gaze to the priestess, nodding slowly in understanding to her words, using his sorrow to quell the situation, at least to bring the Berserker raging inside of him under a slightly more controllable conditions.

He was silent for a moment moment more, than slowly brought a platinum glove to his sword hilt, drawing his bastard sword, Marala Vharc, from its sheath, and looking the lethal edged blade over with a careful gaze; the calm behind Veraka's demeanor might have been enough to cause a slight scare or stir in anyone, especially those within arms reach of him.

"A beautiful blade," he said nonchalantly, almost as if making a statement; "it's ironic; this sword was crafted by the drow of the Underdark as an assassination tool and murder device, yet through a series of poorly planned surface raids, it comes to be in the hands of surfacer, one who now wields it in the service of the Platinum Dragon." Without a second thought, the aasimar sheathes the blade.

"You know much of me already, Luexena, something of which normally doesn't bother me much normally; but right now, I can safely say is far from normal times for me. However, if you say that the Dark Maiden gave you this vision of me, I find myself at a pause, for I too, once served the Dark Maiden, as an extension of her will, my sword was hers, my shield was hers. That was before, I. . .well, was summoned by other forces," he tapped the platinum dragon scale armor that he now wore.

The aasimar looked away again, letting out a deep breath, the continuing, "what gives me pause is the question of [b:1aztrp2l]why[/b:1aztrp2l] the Eilistraee would do this. My reason for wondering is a simple one; back when I was a paladin in her service, I looked to her as a mother, if you will, of sorts. Seeing as I had never really known much of my true mother, up until recently, only what my former Uthgardt tribe told me about her. And most of that was not very kind knowledge."

He looked up to the darkening sky, and then asked, "Tell, me Luexena, have you ever encountered one of my [i:1aztrp2l]kind[/i:1aztrp2l] before?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2n7u6mgx]Celestial blooded? That I have, Veraka.[/i:2n7u6mgx] Her eyes took in the magnificent blade in his hands, then again locked upon the aasimar's features. [i:2n7u6mgx]You remind me of him. The half celestial that I am honored to call a dear friend and a brother fell in love with a tiefling and married her.[/i:2n7u6mgx] Her dark lips curled a little at those fond memories, though she slipped out of their web right away, focusing on the man before her.

[i:2n7u6mgx]As for what you've said earlier. A mother remains a mother even if a child finds another way. The dark powers have risen against you and She chose to aid you. I am sure, She will reveal me more, with time. But for now, I know one thing. Your wife and son are -alive-. And they are waiting for you. [/i:2n7u6mgx]

Luexena reached over then, offering her dainty gloved hand to him. [i:2n7u6mgx]And do not forget of your daughter. We must win both battles. Save your family. And win over your rage... It won't be easy.[/i:2n7u6mgx] The drow canted her head slightly, then gave him another smile. [i:2n7u6mgx]But it's possible, I believe it.[/i:2n7u6mgx]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

At Luexena's mention of there being more roaming Faerun's surface, like him in both blood and ideals, Veraka raised his head to regard the priestess.

The use of the comparison was well founded, as Veraka found himself slowly bringing on a smile, ever so slight it was, but there.
The comment brought back the memory of the very first time he and Neriah had met.

Then, bringing himself back to reality, the mighty paladin shoved the fond remembrances back down, savoring them for what he could, and knowing that they'd be right there for him.

"It was before I met my [b:1cq351zx]birth[/b:1cq351zx] mother that I truly recognized who I am from everything else. I did eventually reconcile my past grudges with her, a time ago. Though there is something that you might wish to know, Luexena. I am not an aasimar as you might know one in traditional sense. My mother, Sanisa, is a solar of Mount Celestia, and I am her son, yet I am not a half-celestial as you have told me about in your special friend. Not that this matters much, but I feel it might be necessary to know about my past, at least one of the group."

When the priestess offered her gloved hand, he decided to take it. Feeling sometimes it was good to have friends whom could understand how you felt, Veraka nodded to Luexena and then decided to release her hand.

"I know who I fight for, and I will not forget about Alasse. I made her a promise, I intend to keep that to its fulfillment."

His expression grew solemn, "before anything else, there is something I feel you must know about this rage you fear me succumbing to. The rage that you see me putting forth is but a catalyst that triggers the [b:1cq351zx]real[/b:1cq351zx] darkness inside me. It is not my rage that I will crumble to, it is [b:1cq351zx]what[/b:1cq351zx] my rage awakens, that makes me wary to fight at all. It is not what I succomb to in a moment of rage, it is what I [b:1cq351zx]surrender[/b:1cq351zx] to that is the true threat. My body becomes a shell for the dark beast inside of me to come out forth and ravage whatever is in its path. It feeds on darkness, anger, hate, rage. These things provide the fuel that the Berserker harnesses to fill me with supernatural strength and stamina." His silver eyes, staring into Luexena's were not lying in the slightest as the last word left Veraka's lips.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The lavender gaze meet the silvery one. The priestess stared deeply into his eyes and then murmured, quieter. [i:chwiryw7]We always fight the darkness... be that in the world around us or within us. It's good you're aware of what your rage might bring forth. Do -not- surrender to it. Please.

No matter how much easier it might be, don't.[/i:chwiryw7] Again she smiled a little. [i:chwiryw7]I won't let you. Lothir won't let you.[/i:chwiryw7] She rose up again then, glancing toward their camp, then back to the aasimar, the wind still playing with her long white strands of hair. [i:chwiryw7]We should return, my friend. In a few hours I am going to pray to the Goddess and ask for more insight from Her.[/i:chwiryw7] Her dainty hand rested upon his shoulder, briefly, before she withdrew some, waiting for Veraka to follow.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn and his roc touched down, amidst wind that ruffled the fur or hair of every animal and human present. In a large puff of smoke, the roc vanished, leaving Elwyn sitting on the grass legs crossed in a meditative position. His eyes opened, and he stood up, dusting off his cloak. Cracking his neck, he looked at Veraka and some female drow who's name he did not know.

His eyes scanned the surrounding area, looking for Lothir, and when he saw the drow just dismount off his horse, Elwyn walked over to him, clapping him on the back.

"So, my friend, How have the years been to you?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the sorceress rode freely enjoying the air passing her by and flowing thru her loose silvery hair. She maintain her spot in the back throughout the ride, even smirking when they passed the stunned caravan. Legs wrapped around the black mount, she tossed some faerie fire on their cargo, just for fun.
--
Inrii slipped off Twilight's back, and pulled her bridle off. no need to tye up the mare, who'd already found a spot to graze. She pulled her hair up into a braid and found a soft grassy spot to drop her pack. out came the large sleeping bag this a soft thump upon being dropped to the ground.
"and I thought I was in for a soft warm bed. What's another night on the ground?" she said in a soft sarcastic remark more to herself than anything. Looking up, she saw the aasimir head off followed by the priestess. Inrii untying her sleeping bag paid it no mind for the moment just watching the others set up spots in the camp.
"remind you of the 'good old days?'" she chuckled to Zek and motioning to the group as a whole. the cloth around her waist was untied and her sword set on her bedroll. Zarstra poked her head out yawning from her long nap.
"now the lazy bum is up," she joked to the lizard. Zarstra then climbed out looking around and went off snooping and spying, figuring few would pay noticed to the emerald scaly one with all the excitement already going on.
--
(if anyone) had gathered wood for a fire, Inrii tossed a small fireball on it before they got it ablaze. prolly a surprise to them as it suddenly was lit and going strong. the young drowess then gave an innocent look with a shrug.
"its going."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn turned at the unexpected explosion that got their fire going. He saw Inrii standing nearby, with what he guessed passed as innocence.

[color=red:1t3il33g]"Still as eccentric as ever, eh, Dark Mistress? I see that Lolth still holds thee in high praise."[/color:1t3il33g]

He chuckled, and wiggled his fingers as if he was getting a puppet ready.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

At the scene that was going on he just palmed his face muttering." I strongly advise choosing words more carefully. I may not be able to stop her if say.. a spell goes haywire." Looking to inrii he just made a motion for her to calm any temper or rather the accidental misfired spell, which really he wouldn't mind see being used anyways, as a lesson to those who do not watch their tongues.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

She knew he did it on purpose. and again it took every ounce of discipline and willpower to control her temper. the sorceress stood up, edging closer twords the wizard almost threateningly, but hands held her back as the increasingly volitile situation.
"sila doeb dosst waele ste'kolen, Dorn sei'lor mina pholor chath 'sohna."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn laughed and winked at Inrii, [color=red:4z9pltyq]"Gi, jhal udossta vaen malar zhahus natha tie. Nau ste'kolen zhahen sei'lor pholor chath." [/color:4z9pltyq] He bowed, [color=red:4z9pltyq]"Ka nindol zhahen l'draeval lu'k'lar, Usstan orn'la tlu mzild taga loff'ta ulu malar xuil dos 'sohna."[/color:4z9pltyq]

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked down at himself, and then back up to Luexena when she laid her hand on his armored shoulder.

"Trust me, Luexena; I am well aware of what the Berserker is capable of, and that I should attempt to control it; but trust me and believe me when I say this, I will fight it off as best I can. However, some instances you will find me little more than an animal with a sword. . " he let the sentence drag out, and die, looking down as he did so.

"I am not able to distinguish friend from foe when the Berserker comes out. If it is [b:15jtxswa]why[/b:15jtxswa] you ask, then I can only say this: you would be better off letting my rage run its part than step in the way. Believe me when I say this, I've never been able to stop the darkness inside of me takes hold." The aasimar looked up into Luexena's lavender orbs, his own silver eyes full of worry.

"Trust me Luexnena, if it comes down to that, then nothing Lothir or yourself will stop me, aside from killing me flat out, and believe me when I say this, you would find that a most tiresome task; ask Drakin if you don't believe me." He offered the most of a smile that he was able to muster for the priestess.

[color=blue:15jtxswa]The lithe figure sat in the well cushioned chair. The large obsidian bowl full of water while the images was clear as if there herself. The horses moved swiftly southwards and finally had stopped. ‘boring,’ she thought to herself. But the large warrior walked off by himself. This made the widening grin increase fourfold. Until the slightest sounds of an alarm, tuned only for her ears was sounded indicating someone approaching her door. It was followed by a soft knock.

A scowl now on her unusual face began at the interruption. The three snakes of whip hissing in agitation as well. A snap of her fingers and the golden half mask above the altar was hidden from sight and anything else that would single her out as a ‘heretic’.
“come pets,” she said in her tongue, picking up the scourge of fangs. A wave of her hand, the door opened. A tall thick female in black robes with purple spiders weaved in designs stood there.

Her stark white plain hair was pinned up. unlike the priestess before her, she was plain and boyish looking from a low level house. She was a timid girl no doubt, unusual for her race and a disguise to the priestess. The snakes curled around her, tongues flicking at the woman who stood her ground.

“Mistress,” she bowed, “they are ready to move out, though the whelp is proving to be most troublesome."

At least it was good news, the priestess thought. “very well, however, her brat is proving more stubborn than she is.”

Turning to walk back to her seat, the one at the door cleared her throat.

“What?”

“Our secondary team has arrived. Four of the best.”

Full lips curling into a smile, a wicked glee.

The four stood before the priestess receiving their orders. The image in the scrying bowl showing everything clearly.

“and if you feel like taking out that drow bitch and her boy toy…do what you want with the others for all I care. Those three I owe anyway.” she said her hands moving to imply a go ahead.

The leader of the group, held out a hand. The priestess tossed a bag, “half now, half when their tongues and hearts in my hand.”
The smallest of the assassins gave a confused look to the unusual priestess.

“hearts are so cliché. Besides, to get to any of their tongues you will have to kill them. And,” she looked intently at them to drive her point hard, “don’t…under…estimate…them.”[/color:15jtxswa]

Veraka, breathing in deeply, got up and accompanied Luexena back to the camp, knowing full well that it was pointless to sit back and worry when rest was needed, a fire was more than likely ready, though some food to be served would definitely be needed as well as wanted.

However, it was when Inrii had an outburst towards Elwyn, that the aasimar stopped in his tracks. Looking from Inrii, to Elwyn, then back to Inrii, he could see that this was going nowhere.

"Enough!! We've got bigger problems to worry about, and if anyone wants to get into a brawl, just ask me, I'm more than willing to oblige," Veraka exclaimed with a slight growl in his voice.

Aurora, who was laying down across from Blaze, chuckled slightly at the aasimar's statement.

Veraka looked to Zek, locked eyes with him for a split second, then gave thumbed at Inrii, and moved his head outward, towards the outer area of the camp. The paladin, having known the ranger for a bit on one of their previous adventures together, knew that the ranger would recognize that that was Veraka's way of telling him to get Inrii out of the tense situation before it erupted into a full blown mess.

"Zek, could you and Inrii take a look around the perimeter; I'd rather actually like to be left alone for tonight [b:15jtxswa]without[/b:15jtxswa] having to draw my blade, or the blood of an enemy."

[color=blue:15jtxswa]The ranger would recognize the aasimar's way of saying 'get the pyro-nut outta here, and get her to vent'.[/color:15jtxswa]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the two of them he was pinching the bridge of his nose when he lashed out in draconic' Enough!' Taking in a deep breath it was clear there was something churning beneath the skin his blood itself told volumes. He knew the look and motioned to inrii" lets go check around before I have to get involved. You and I know that is not a wise situation." Motioning to her he signed' Besides, it gives us reason to get some quiet some since the chaotic reunion of the groups."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...