[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin watched one of the few people he considered as a friend with some concern. He had known for several years, ever since they first meet on a mission of Drakin's as rivals, and he knew of his friend's 'explosive' anger, having been on the receiving end a few times. But this. This was something different.

Drakin sighed, almost wishing his brother, who was more knowledgeable in the magic arts, was here to offer some kind of opinion. The most he could do right now was keep and eye on the golem of a paladin and make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

[i:1bdbnpnp]Well, anything more stupid than usual,[/i:1bdbnpnp] the assassin said to himself with a smirk. He rose from his table and went outside with the others.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana had been observing silently through the conversations. At Veraka's outburst, she remained silent and unphased. She knew he was angry, she has been that way before. But anger was something that needed containment, if not, it would just lead to that being's destruction.

At the mention of a steed, she looked at Vlad, smirking.

[i:22a6uvpm]Let me guess...[/i:22a6uvpm] Vlad returned her look with a flat expression.

[i:22a6uvpm]You guessed it,[/i:22a6uvpm] a corner of Zana's mouth lifted a bit in a hooked smile.

The two exited the Inn and saw some of the others had already summoned mounts.

[i:22a6uvpm]Well, I feel outnumbered. All these horses. Why does everyone use horses...[/i:22a6uvpm] Vlad began rambling to himself.

Zana chuckled. Vlad had always had a resentment towards horses, for reasons she never could figure out. But she had no need to worry, Vlad could easily keep up with the steeds, his legs were equally powerful, if not more, and not to mention he was faster and more agile.

"I suggest you take his suggestion," Zana said to Veraka when Palax told him to leave Alasse here. "She's your daughter and I doubt you'd want any harm to come to her be there a battle, which there will be."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked up at Palax and then turned, shaking his head from side to side in a ‘no’ expression; “I know and can understand your concern and logic with me letting Alasse go with Vala and her children; but I wouldn’t feel safe, knowing that something could happen to them along the way to the place that Vala, Lothir and yourself have come to call ‘home’, which if my guess is accurate from what Lothir has said, it would be somewhere in the High Forest, correct?”

“If that is the case, I would rather bring her along until I can know for sure that they can have a straight shot to the High Forest; I know that this way of thinking will most likely put my daughter into more danger than is necessary, however, I feel much safer, knowing that she has a ‘mother-dragon’ as well as her brother, husband, and her own father, plus our current party to protect her, then that’s a risk I’m willing to take; and I’m pretty sure that I can already guess as to what Alasse would say if we asked her of the decision; she’s already seen her own mother and twin brother abducted before her very eyes,”

Veraka leaned in closer to his fellow knight, and then added; “and possibly seeing half of her own home town killed; I don’t want her to leave my eyes. . . however. .” the aasimar stopped, thinking on the knight’s words.

“I will let Vala take her into care [b:2mosoh0i]IF[/b:2mosoh0i] she agrees to come with us for the first leg of our trip, down to the Dragon Coast, I know I should be asking Lady Vala this question to her instead, but as her brother, I feel somewhat compelled to seek your answer as well, Sir Palax.” With that said, Veraka turned to Luexena and Kalannar right as the two walked out.

[color=indigo:2mosoh0i][i:2mosoh0i]Is it a good time to admit I have no mount?[/i:2mosoh0i][/color:2mosoh0i]

The aasimar turned to regard the priestess and had to smile a bit, shaking his head in resignation; “I suppose now is a better time than never.”

The aasimar turned about to notice Inrii summon her black mount, and then hollered over to her; “Hey! Pyro-nut, we need another couple of mounts for our priestess of the Dark Maiden and her pirate friend here, huh?”

Upon hearing the suggestion/ agreement from that Zana lass, the aasimar turned about in contempt and glared at the half-drowess, but sighed in resignation, as his one, true friend, at least by years known, came out of the Old Skull and did the same thing, though with more concern in his features.

"Very well, Sir Palax, I'll see that Alasse is in Vala's care."

“Daddy!” came Alasse’s little voice from below Veraka.

The aasimar looked down to see his little girl standing right in front of his platinum dragon-scale greaves, looking up at him, her hazel colored hair
The mighty paladin knelt down, and looked his daughter in the eyes; "Alasse, I need you to with Auntie Vala; I'm gonna be gone for a while. . . "

"NO!" she cried out, wrapping her small arms around her father's neck, and latching onto the aasimar, not wanting to see her father go off, and away.
"I don't want you to go; you stay here with me, I wanna see Mommy again." Alasse's tear-brimmed eyes looked up into Veraka's silver orbs with worry, and hurt, that she wouldn't be able to see her dad for a while, and wanted to make sure that he would come back.

"Don't worry, darling; I promise, I'll bring back mommy and Dante; now go with Auntie Vala, I need to make sure your safe, Ok?"

Alasse sniffled lightly, rubbing away her tears, and then nodded; "ok."
With that, Veraka lifted her up, and brought her back into the Old Skull, and sat her down near Vala.

The aasimar looked Vala straight in the eyes, his gaze saying more to her than words ever would. With that done, the aasimar turned about to leave, and was near the door, when he heard his duaghter's voice one last time; "Daddy, bring back mommy, and Dante. Please hurry."

Veraka didn't turn around, but replied "I will, Alasse," and then went back outside, growling in a low tone, "I will, or I'll die trying."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Do not fear, Sir Veraka, I am MORE than capable of keeping her safe." Vala says to his unspoken command, giving him a nod and a warm smile. "I almost pity anyone who seek to harm her in my care." Her eyes take on a clod, hard look for a moment, steel in her voice as she makes it clear that she will gladly murder anyone who so much as touches the child in her care.

------------------------------------------

At Luaxena's words, the bard turns to watch the paladin more closely for a moment, and frowns in concern. "I thought I felt some heat from my pendant, but I thought it might be one of these others here. I've had some qualms about that Zekafae fellow, for one. Never been too sure of Drakin, either. You really believe he's in danger of falling? In that case, we should keep close to him. He needs faith now more than ever. I should know...." He trails off, an almost guilty look crossing his usually calm and guileless features.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn yawned, and stood up from his seat, "I take it we are about ready to cut a blazing swath of destruction to our enemies, huh?" He adjusted the huge gourd on his back. With a flick of his wrist, the hood once again covered his head, and with a sharp turn, Elwyn stepped out the door, his long cloak flapping in the light breeze. A barely audible pop was heard outside, and thuds or heavy foot falls were shortly followed by a small chorus of screams and a down draft of air that blew the door open. In the open door the tips of very large feathers could be seen. Also the gleam of plate mail also reflected the light of the hearth in the inn. Elwyn's voice softly called into the room, "I suggest we head out before the guard tries anything unbecoming of this peaceful village."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote:3sntk0p8][color=blue:3sntk0p8]Beware of our aasimir friend. He's slipping his grip on his rage[/color:3sntk0p8].'[/quote:3sntk0p8]
Inrii looked back over at Veraka then to Zek and nodded.
"[color=blue:3sntk0p8]best stay outta sword range[/color:3sntk0p8]," she signed back discretely preparing to hop on Twilight's back. "[color=blue:3sntk0p8]have the others become suspicious or concerned?[/color:3sntk0p8]"

[quote:3sntk0p8]“Hey! Pyro-nut, we need another couple of mounts for our priestess of the Dark Maiden and her pirate friend here, huh?[/quote:3sntk0p8]
the sorceress looked over to the priestess and the pirate, acted like she was gunna think about it. still uncertain about the woman.
She didnt really have anything against the Dark Maiden's priestess, she had made a very good friend of one long ago and she knew Lothir pretty well. and it was that that had began to cause her to question her own path. In truth the Dark Maiden was closer to her own way, but it was always fear that made her stop from any final step. after all, it had been the Masked Lord in some way that had saved her life twice, not Eilistraee.
then she pulled out the horse hair strands and spoke the words. a bay and a buckskin soon appeared, saddle and bridle, ready to go.
"I'm assuming yall know how to ride?" taking the reigns and holding them out for them to take. "yall should have almost two days with them."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her briefly' Best Idea I saw in awhile... and probably are by now...' Getting up on his mount he waited for everyone silently, while keeping an eye on the Aasimir. Years of paranoia and being leary of things, had him watching him like a hawk as it were. Though even at this he kept a close watch on the surroundings, knowing that really humans couldn't be trusted, especially when they knew drow were around.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora noted that Drakin neither had a mount of his own, however, with his slender physique, would probably be no lighter than a feather atop her own huge wolf back. The winter turned to Drakin and glared at him, finally indicating with her furry white head to the assassin to get onto her back, lessening the burden of horse mounts that were needed to carry the entire group.

“Alright, let’s get moving,” Veraka said to the group of drow, friends and now random acquaintances, all of whom had agreed to help him. For a brief moment, the aasimar’s memory flashed before him, bringing before his silver eyes one of his more intense moments with Neriah.

([i:2ty044zf]enter memory[/i:2ty044zf])
He saw his wife, walking with him through the High Forest, Aurora and Blaze trailing behind them both, a near full moon illuminating the trial ahead of them, bathing it in what light got through the canopy. She turned around, staring into his eyes with her own crimson orbs, filled with both hope for the future, and worry. Neriah still looked like her usual self, her sharp elven features in stark contrast to her pregnancy, which was starting to show more prominently.

“Veraka, how do you know if our children will be fine?”

“Fine?” the aasimar asks, tilting his head to the side.

Neriah twirls around, and glides toward him, the moon light bathing and cloaking her features simultaneously, creating a sort of mystical aura about her.

“I mean the very simple fact that I’m a fey’ri and you’re an aasimar, you know, the mixing of bloodlines, from both infernal and celestial bloodlines,” she looked down slightly, placing a soft hand over her belly, the growing twins inside of her.

“Also,” she said in a near whisper, “you’re rage; what of that. Do you know anything of it; potentially what might it do to our newborns?” She looked up at him, her expression soft, and caring.

Veraka had only seen that expression a couple of times before in his time spent with her. It was that one soft, yearning smile, along with her eyes, and the hope that they held within them, that told him that Neriah had always wanted a family of her own, and would be a loving mother herself to their children.
([i:2ty044zf]exit memory[/i:2ty044zf])

Before anything else was said further, Veraka’s vision blurred again, and slowly he realized that he was back in Shadowdale, a slight wet feeling running down his pale face. Bringing an armored glove up to his face, the aasimar wiped away the one tear that he shed, only to have another two come streaming down his face.
[i:2ty044zf]You do know that it is alright to mourn your wife and son being away from you in this fashion,[/i:2ty044zf] came Aurora’s gentle voice in his mind.

[i:2ty044zf]I don’t know what to think at the moment; the only thing I know for certain is that along with almost any emotion that I put forth will be accompanied by. . [/i:2ty044zf] his thoughts broke off as his sorrow was slowly replaced by anger, anger at himself for failing to be there for Neriah and Dante, anger at his enemies, unknown though they were, at taking from him his only real joys of the world, and anger at the gods in that moment of time, for simply because he knew not whom else at which to vent his slowly building wrath at.

[i:2ty044zf]Why, Bahamut, why Neriah, why Dante; why my wife and son?[/i:2ty044zf]

=====================

[color=blue:2ty044zf]”Hey; you alright, or do we need to take a few minutes for you to clear your head?” came Drakin’s usual, but much needed and well-timed, interruptive rasp from beside the paladin. When Veraka turned about from atop Blaze, he saw Aurora had padded up slowly beside his mount, Drakin atop her white furry back.

“Or do I need to do yet [b:2ty044zf]another[/b:2ty044zf] performing feint on your ass?”[/color:2ty044zf]

====================

Veraka slightly smiled at his friend’s attempt at humor; sometimes the assassin’s jests were much needed, other times, he found himself wondering if Drakin was genuinely concerned.

“Nah; the sooner we get under way, the better I’ll feel.”

====================

[color=blue:2ty044zf]Drakin merely nodded, and then asked; “so what’s our first stop, ehh? I would have to honestly call you an idiot if you told me that we were going to attempt this trek with what we have for supplies right now.”

The expressions and responses, both verbal and non, told him that his friend’s statement had both relevance and logic to it.[/color:2ty044zf]

==================

The aasimar put a hand to his chin in contemplation and then looked to the Drakin and the group, nodding as he started to speak up.

“Ok then, Drakin, point conceded. If my memory serves me correctly, about 200 miles south, southwest of Shadowdale; I believe that would be an adequate stop for supplies. If not, then I wouldn’t know where to stop to begin with, what I [b:2ty044zf]do[/b:2ty044zf] know is this; each minute that I spend sitting around is a one more that my enemies can use to take Neriah and Dante even further from me than they already have.”

[color=blue:2ty044zf]Once everyone had mounted up and all were ready to ride, Veraka turned Blaze around, and thundered down the main street of Shadowdale, not waiting for anyone. To all this would seem a very brash, irrational action, but to Lothir, the only other father in the group and perhaps to Drakin as well as those who knew him on a personal level, his action would make sense. To the others, however, it would seem near fool hardy to rush out into the wilderness atop an armored warcharger, with damn near no idea what the plan was.

Drakin, had however, in foresight, decided to stalk Blaze’s saddle with a extra provisions, as well as his own traveling pack, which he had discreetly pilfered from the general store, as well as a few of the goods that were in both his and the aasimar’s travel packs. There were at least enough supplies to last him, the big paladin and a few of the others for the full leg of their first trip.[/color:2ty044zf]

Veraka felt only hurt, sorrow, and wrath as he rode atop Blaze, the others either following behind him or would catch up with him eventually. However one thing was for sure; he would stop at [b:2ty044zf]nothing[/b:2ty044zf] until his wife and son were safe, back in his arms, and nothing was there to threaten them at all.

When the aasimar reached the city gates and rushed past them, guards and all, he decided to wait for the rest of the party to catch up.
"Alright Blaze, we're good here," the aasimar said to his black warcharger. The mighty celestial blooded warcharger snorted its response and skidded to a halt near a large maple trunk, and waited there for the rest of the group.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana listened to the paladin speak and was glad to hear he had decided to leave his girl with the dragon.

She knew something was wrong. He was wounded. He needed to see his family again, if he didn't, there would be no turning back and he would delve into a black depression causing him to cease to be who he really was. Loss was something both she and Vlad had coped with before, and it was not a pleasant thing to live through, so his emotions were hers.

As he paladin took off, she smiled. "'Bout time," she muttered. She swung onto Vlad. "It's been awhile since we've done some good. Let's go."

He nodded, [i:38hgnl7q]Agreed[/i:38hgnl7q], and took off after the giant man and his midnight horse.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn and his roc soared high above the group. They could easily pace the speed with which the horses ran, and knowing the general location of where they were headed, Elwyn felt fairly certain that he knew the general direction the group would take.

That being said, Elwyn really had no means to communicate with the riders. Sitting cross legged on his giant eagle, Elwyn silently chuckled at making that simple error. The eagle was the only puppet he could ride, and he hadn't bothered to take a horse since his eagle would never tire, being dead and all. With a slight motion of his fingers, the huge puppet flew down lower, not low enough so as to disturb the local fauna too much, but low enough so he could scout out the surrounding regions, to make sure no nasty surprises lurked for the group.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard and paladin mounted up, and both seemed to be waiting for Veraka's cue, when he suddenly wheeled his horse and charged toward the gates. The drow took one last look toward Vala as she came out the door, and called out to her. "We'll see you soon, d'anthe xukuth! Take care of those little ones!"

She nodded, and the two small children waved and shouted their goodbyes to the pair as they raced after their friend, and Vala took Alasse by the hand. Palax rode hard ahead of the bard, his more powerful golden stallion neighing loudly in challenge to the huge black mount of the other knight. Lothir's smaller blood bay snorted, ears pricked up as it seemed to race the others.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena mounted the buckskin carefully, hiding a wince beneath the cowl as she strained her scarred back once more. The greensteel whips left deep poorly healing lashes across her once unmarred skin, so each sharp move she was making, was bringing her pain. In time she got used to enduring this nagging ache, yet still she felt herself strained.

The priestess pressed her knees against the horse's sides, urging it to follow the rest. Thoughtfully she watched Veraka dashing forward, she could understand his feelings well. The drowess never had a child, though she knew what it felt like to lose a beloved. Her dark lips pursed a little as she made the horse increase it's pace, seeking to catch up with Veraka. Her long dark shawl was flapping behind her.

As Blaze halted and Luexena finally got close to the aasimar, she stopped her horse as well, patting it's neck gently with her gloved hand. [i:2mhu4ss0]Veraka...[/i:2mhu4ss0] She spoke to him quietly, seeking to breach past the hurt and anger that were consuming him now. [i:2mhu4ss0]They are alive... and waiting on you. They do not lose hope. And they count on you. I saw that in my vision. Trust your god... and your friends. We'll find your family.[/i:2mhu4ss0] Her voice was soft as she sought to encourage the paladin, concerned for him.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

on Twilight bareback, Inrii looked over to the ranger, "ori'gato's alu" then to the group heading out, nudging the mare into a canter while remaining more twords the back. Her piwafwi was tight about her in the breezy winter wind, her hood over her face. She dropped the disguise, returning to her own ebon color. Before exiting Shadowdale, she threw faerie fire on many of the buildings; she knew it would hurt anything, but not all the locals would. of course she wanted to more, but restrained herself for now.
"usstan tlun naut aluin ulu lle'warin nindol siffat rivvil darla nindelen whol zhaunus"

She slowed the mare nearing the gathered at the tree.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar grinned as the Bay that appeared before him and he all too readily leaped onto hit's back, running his hands down along it's hair. Of all the things he'd encountered since his arrival on the mainland, horses were by far his favorite. Which is why the pirate had a cache of horses stashed all throughout Cormyr, all stolen, of course. Something about them just made him think of the sea, and the pirate so very much missed it.

Quickly he rode up to catch up with Luexena and the others, sprrig the horse on as if he and the animal were one in mind, bodym and spirit when Veraka and Luexena pulled ahead. [i:1pe8mdlj]"Oi! Wha' be the rush?" [/i:1pe8mdlj]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((First off, Everyone needs to listen to this song: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBu5GZ7lP1o:iynvq9ec]Tradegy-Celldweller[/url:iynvq9ec]))

As Palax, Lothir, and Zana skidded to a halt near him, Veraka couldn't help but feel like he was lying to himself, saying that he could get his wife and son out of harms way before something did happen to them. He balled an armored fist at his side, slowly squeezing until the small platinum scales overlapping the glove started to grind together. However, at the sound of the priestesses soft voice at his back, the aasimar unfolded his clenched fist.

[color=violet:iynvq9ec][i:iynvq9ec]Veraka...[/i:iynvq9ec] She spoke to him quietly, seeking to breach past the hurt and anger that were consuming him now. [i:iynvq9ec]They are alive... and waiting on you. They do not lose hope. And they count on you. I saw that in my vision. Trust your god... and your friends. We'll find your family.[/i:iynvq9ec] Her voice was soft as she sought to encourage the paladin, concerned for him.[/color:iynvq9ec]

The aasimar breathed in slowly, his lungs expanding his chest to fill the gap in his breastplate, then he sighed deeply, letting his head hang low over Blaze as he attempted to grapple with his emotions, all of which were swirling inside of him, like a raging hurricane.

"It's not that easy, Miss Luexena," Veraka began; "it's not that easy. Believe me when I say this, I do not find the prospect of my wife and son being away from me, and possibly in mortal danger, the [b:iynvq9ec]least[/b:iynvq9ec] bit comforting. I might also add, that as of right now, my faith in the gods is a little shaken. Of course, it always has been from the start. The only thing I can hope that the Platinum Dragon will do is bestow the justice fitting for the bastards whom did this to Neriah and Dante."

"Alright, everyone's here that's coming; then LET'S GO!!" Veraka exclaimed, looking up and straight out ahead, not hesitating for a split second as he pulled up on Blaze's reins.

Blaze, sensing Veraka's anxiety to get moving, and his anticipation for hunting down his wife and son's kidnappers, reared up, neighing loudly as he waved his front mithral-armored black hooves through the air, then smashed them into the soft earth and took off in a spurned gallop, silently accepting the challenge that Palax's golden mount had put forth.

==============

[color=blue:iynvq9ec]Minutes raced on as Blaze burned a path down the old Northride trail, racing down the everyday-used trail, leading the team of mounted, unlikely members of Veraka's newly formed group.

The wind blasted through the forests trees, passing the group as they continued to press forward, driving the horses, Vlad and Aurora, to their absolute maximum, billowing capes and cloaks alike, bringing in rain clouds overhead through the forest canopy, starting to gather a slight fog to the area.
Veraka and the others might have found it relaxing if any of them enjoyed the slightly damp weather. Blaze and Aurora found the air enticing, to say the least, filling their lungs with greater air, and moist oxygen to boot.

Great oak trees and maples filled the forest on either side of the road, their leaves creating a very dense, shadowy forest floor, though Northride, being very-well traveled, was far from subtle in the forest.
An hour or so later, the group finally caught glimpses of the outer edges of Cormanthor Forest. After about five more minutes of riding, the group reached beyond the forest.

As they rode along, the group came upon a band of traveling merchants, heavily guarded as well. For every one merchant or trader there was within the traveling caravan, three heavily armed and armored guards were present.

At the sight of the approaching group, many of the guards raised their weapons in preparation for combat; However, Veraka and his fellow companions diverted from the trail, going slightly more to the foliage-dense terrain, but not off the trail yet, passing the caravan with lighting speed.

There were a few children present within caravan; All of them gazed up in awe as the lead riders of the group, Veraka and Palax, passed them with thundering speed. The kids' little shouts of 'Whoa!' didn't escape either paladin.

What was even more amusing from the younglings, and even the guards, of the traveling merchant band, was their facial expressions when they saw the next riders of the group fly by, as Lothir, Luexena, Kalannar and the rest of the group blazed on by.

"What in the Nine Hells are [b:iynvq9ec]drow[/b:iynvq9ec] doing riding side-by-side with [i:iynvq9ec]paladins[/i:iynvq9ec]?" one of the guards asked aloud, in a gruff voice, much to the amusement of the group.

The icing on the cake for everyone, was when Zana and Drakin zoomed by. The reactions from all of the folk at the half-drow were priceless, more in particular their mounts. All of the their jaws dropped in utter amazement at the sight of a [b:iynvq9ec]white tiger[/b:iynvq9ec] and a [b:iynvq9ec]winter wolf[/b:iynvq9ec], racing each other side by side, with two half-drow atop the both of them.

Another guard just stared blankely at Zana and Drakin, while his buddy next to him took out a bottle of Calimshan liquor and just tossed it to the ground absentmindedly.

The group raced past the caravan, and continued onward, keeping a galloping pace for well over the next four hours, until finally Blaze was starting to heave from his effort to maintain a constant speed, as were all of the others' horses most likely.[/color:iynvq9ec]

Dusk was fast approaching, and Veraka didn't like the prospect traveling in the dark, plus Aurora's constant nagging to let her paws have a break, finally convinced him to pull off to the side of the road, find an acceptable, and decently defensible spot, and pitch camp for the night.

"Here will do fine," he said, indicating a nice tight spot, with a fallen tree trunk to give them all a brace against any weather that might occur over the night, and a decent, if not small, fortification against anyone or anything that might try and attack them in the dark. Veraka led Blaze over to a branch protruding forth from the fallen trunk and tied Blaze up to it, not that he needed it, but just as a precaution. He patted Blaze for the warcharger's performance, and pulled out an apple, which Blaze happily accepted, munching on it with blissful glee.

The aasimar let everyone pitch up their own part of camp, while he decided to get a little personal time, just to process what had all happened in the past 12 or so hours.

The aasimar stalked off to a more shadowed part of the fields, and just collapsed onto his knees, his greatsword and shield lightly clanging against his back plate, as a massive, 6'7" plate-armored body came crashing to the the ground on knee-plates and greaves.

Veraka closed his silver-hued orbs as he silently said to himself:
"I swear, Bahamut; I will make those who did this to my family suffer, and if that is not enough to finish it, I will [b:iynvq9ec]slaughter[/b:iynvq9ec] them all."
The aasimar slowly opened his eyes, though this time they weren't silver, marking his celestial blood flowing in his veins; as he opened his eyes, crimson glowing orbs of rage encircled a small silver iris in each eye.

[img:iynvq9ec]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... _med-1.jpg[/img:iynvq9ec]

(([color=darkblue:iynvq9ec]Dark Blue dot[/color:iynvq9ec] = camp site, [color=orange:iynvq9ec]Orange dot[/color:iynvq9ec] = ambush (for later), [color=blue:iynvq9ec]Blue line[/color:iynvq9ec] = party's trail path towards our destination.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix