[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shrugged, "Innards are innards, what is so creepy about them? Mechanical or organic, they are essential to all we craft, and all that lives. In fact, you all have them, believe it or not." With a shrug, Elwyn's attention went back to the dancing dolls, and they began to weave more intircate patterns, their chaotic dance became an obvious combat, almost as if there were two personalities at work here. Elwyn's attention piqued at the word wyrm. He looked up, his eyes uncharacteristically focused, eager, in fact. "A wyrm, you say? Marvelous, simply marvelous... Yes, that corpse I claim for my own, I could certainly use a spare..." The rest of his phrase was an incoherent mess of mumbling, finger twitching, and frantic head nodding. The iron dolls' dance became more erratic and jerky, as Elwyn's concentration faltered, and the finesse needed to control them slipped out of his grasp. After a few moments, he seemed to get himself back under control, and raising his head to look at the assembled group with his bright green eyes, what must have been a smile distorted the mask he wore, and he coughed slightly, perhaps a bit ashamed of his reaction. "I assure you, the safety of your wife is, of course, my first priority."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"maybe Neriah was the point of the capture and the rest is a second thought. but yes heading there could work, assuming we can believe him."

as for travel, she had a few ideas. "horses wouldnt be a problem, I mean I can conjure up mounts if nothing else. but..." she hestitated a second not sure if she wanted to suggest it to begin with, "there's the cave with a portal my houses uses. theres a few problems with this, but its fast and considering that most of us are in need of an hour of rest or so its an option."
the problems of course being that it would be rather risky, especially for any of the eilistreeans.
"tho if we had some gnome contraption maybe we could make a flying ship."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Veraka's outburst did nothing more than perhaps aggravate him. He to the dismay of many held true still to his old creed. For yourself above all others. Trust no one more than yourself. He did this still to this day even though he had been with inrii on their travels the whole time. Perhaps age had tempered him, but with that came perhaps a far colder and calculating being." Of course she would be, I have a feeling our old friend wants some revenge. Who else would want to do such a thing aside from the random hierophant and their cult." At the mention of a portal he raised a brow." I don't recall portals and us any of us being good bed fellows.." At the mention of a gnome contraption he had a long pause." If it can drop things to cause death from above, I'm for that option.. Faster travel, means to assault, gives some of us an insurance policy since I don't think anyone can fly."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn looked at the drow assassin, "Well, I do have a couple puppets that would suffice that purpose... Dropping things from above, I mean. What did you need dropped? However, the puppet will only support one person, it's too heavy to support itself and more than myself, or a person about my weight."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

At the question." Something big, powerful and explosive... big bangs... fire and death in it's wake.." He replied almost happy at the thought of causing massive damage and carnage." I'll keep them in mind I assure you. They may serve a greater purpose yet."
Site, story being redone

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard eyes Zekifae warily. "You sound like a gnome I know..." he says. Then he turns to Veraka with a calm expression. "Veraka, old friend, I know you are worried for your wife and son- as the only other father here, I can honestly say I'd feel the same in your position. But the Dragon Coast is a big area to search. We can't just go blindly rushing off without knowing WHERE we should look, or what to do when we get there. I'm not saying we should not hurry, my friend, but we don't know WHERE in the Dragon Coast we should start looking, and for that matter, do we even know how many dragons live in that region? How would we know which one to look for, or what to do once we find it! Are we going to fight it? Talk to it? Steal from it? There are too many unanswered questions to go racing off without a plan or a real understanding of our goal. We need to think carefully, abbil."

Having said this, he rises, and turns to the others. "That ssaid, I think the sooner we are off, the better. Those who can should use whatever mounts they have, and the rest try to rid with them if possible. Palax can give at least some of the horses wings for a time, if need be."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Without missing the bear" Because we both enjoy explosions.." He replied casually. At the talk of dragons" I'll handle the problematic dragons. I think they'd be more cooperative when their life is on the line. As for where, I suggest perhaps we speak with the local thieves, beggars and other underground seedy types. For some coin, you'll get more information than beating them to death. If it means they can live a day more, great if they know they could die, they could lead you in the wrong direction anyways."
Site, story being redone

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:991wrzxp]One moment, Lothir...[/i:991wrzxp] Luexena chimed in and made her way to the side, away from the group of people, then turned, inviting the drow bard to join her. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts right now, regarding the rest quietly, and being pretty assured Kalannar was sneaking about again - yet she did not mind it much, trusting the odd pirate half-drow to some degree.

As the bard approached, she lowered her voice, glancing to him keenly. [i:991wrzxp]Tell me, how well do you know Veraka? What is it in him that may interest the Spider herself?[/i:991wrzxp] Her whisper bristled barely audibly as she clearly wanted only Lothir - and probably Kalannar hear her words. [i:991wrzxp]When we have more time, I need to tell you of the vision... It's not as simple as I revealed to Veraka and others.[/i:991wrzxp]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Oh yeah. The pirate had once again resumed his sneakiness at the outburst from earlier. He was casually now looking every so closely at some shiny bauble that had cuaght his eye. Old habits die hard for pirates, and his urges to stay away from stealing things around Luexena had recently added a new weapon against the half drows better judgement. A sense of kleptomania. When he heard Luexena begint o whisper to Lothir, his mind would be distracted enough for him to break the entrancement that the bauble had snared him with and he ventrued back over to her, quietly whispering. He'd wait for her to finish before he again revealed himself. He didn't want to suprise her, or Lothir.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Finally catching his wits about himself, Veraka turned towards Lothir and nodded towards him at the suggestion; "Agreed, the sooner we're all moving, the better. As for a plan, I don't really have one at the moment, just information, though if I'm gonna guess as to where to start with the given information, I would say the Dragon Coast. The info cost that bastard wizard his life, well. . . would've, but that's all that Drakin was able to get out of him. Anyways, I'll be outside, I making sure that I have enough room on Blaze to transport necessary provisions."

The massive aasimar got up from his position, and turned to leave, then turned back momentarily; "whatever all of your reasons are for being here, I'll say this; thanks and meet you outside when each of you is ready and willing to go. Alasse, come on."

The little girl looked up at her father with round eyes, but nodded and went along with him to the outside of the OldSkull.

[color=darkblue:1ok95qe7]With Veraka now outside, each person among the group now had the choice to assist the aasimar, or not. Though most, if not all of them had decided to come along, for whatever their reasons, there was something that didn't fit about a few things with the aasimar and his demeanor, for those who knew him personally, as if something deeper had awakened and was now lurking in the depths of his soul, like a patient predator, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

If Luexena or Palax had something that allowed eiither one of them to detect auras, they might be able to notice a very slight shift within the aasimar's aura, ever so subtle, but very real as he walked out the door; for a split second, Veraka's aura would shift to near matte-black, usually associated with that of a Black Guard, and then just as quickly, returned to its normal silver blazing hue.[/color:1ok95qe7]

"Daddy, where are we goin?" asked Alasse, as her father summoned Blaze, his celestial blooded warcharger.

"I don't know, Alasse, I really don't know," came Veraka's near whisper of a reply as he looked down slightly, a single tear making its way down his pale cheek and then dropping off onto the ground.

A mithral armored, black warcharger came trotting out from the stables, not bound or anything, up to Veraka and Alasse.

"Daddy?"

"What, sweetheart?" Veraka asked, looking into his daughter's copper stained eyes.

"Aren't we gonna wait for Auntie Vala, Unca Palax and Lot'ir before we go?"
The aasimar knelt down to his daughter, and ruffling her hair, said "yeah, we'll wait for them."

The little half-elf girl giggled slightly and threw her small arms around her father, embracing him in a child's hug.

Veraka returned his daughter's hug with a gentle one of his own, when the opening door to the Oldskull diverted his attention.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The drow turned at Luaxena's question, and frowned, shrugging. "Ah, mostly by association. I met him a few years ago- he's a friend of Onix; We met during a battle in Lith Mythalar when I visited that city, and he's also been a friend of my family ever since then. He's a good man, though- paladin of the Platinum Wyrm, you know- although he's sometimes got a tempermental side. But so do most folks I've met. He's just- well, he Veraka. I dunno- why do you ask?"

He looks over at the knight, and looks thoughtful. "I'd suspected there was more to it, but I felt it wasn't my place to ask. If you wanted anyone to know, you'd tell them. I'm not entirely sure it's JUST him, though. Somehow this seems bigger than that."

--------------------------------------------

While he speaks to the priestess, Palax gets up and follows his fellow knight outside. Once there, he pauses before approaching the aasimar and his child. "Sir Veraka, I know you are eager to leave, but I must insist you leave Alasse here with Vala and my own children. She will be much safer with her than anywhere else. My sister is perfectly capable of defending her, and trust me on this, there is nothing more fierce than a mother dragon protecting her younglings. She will defend her like our own. Besides, if these bastards ARE after your family, she can take her where they cannot find her."

He whistles, and a stableboy comes running up. "Bring my mount, and those of my family, lad, and hurry." He is already- or still, more likely- packed and ready to go,
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii shrugged, not disappointed the idea had been passed. She wasnt really ready to head 'home' anyway.
Exiting the inn, her cowl was over her face to avoid being seen from the small crowds outside upset having been displaced by the tavernkeeper.
Inrii then began the spell, and within minutes, a black mare was standing in front of her, bridle intacked, saddle purposly not on the horses back. the sorceress walked over and rubbed the mare's neck waiting on others and if she needed to conjure up more mounts.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The drowess' lavender gaze followed Veraka to the door and the shift in his aura did not go unnoticed. Luexena winced under the cowl, seeing the first hints of what was to come in her vision - and she knew, should that happen, the Spider Queen would gain much more power, somehow. The young priestess had no idea why Veraka and his family were so important in all of this, but she was intent on learning it. And more than it... She was -not- going to let him fall from the grace.

[i:2np23qqv]Did you sense that, Lothir?[/i:2np23qqv] Luexena turned to look to the bard. [i:2np23qqv]He is falling... and will fall, will turn into a raging bloodthirsty beast of darkness.... if we do not stop it. I saw it.[/i:2np23qqv] Her whisper bristled through the air, quietly.[i:2np23qqv] We need to be near and support him so he stays in the light. It would be a hard task.[/i:2np23qqv] A soft sigh escaped her and then she turned toward the doors, inviting Lothir to come along with a gentle twirl of her wrist. [i:2np23qqv]Let us be off. Dear Kalannar, do follow.[/i:2np23qqv] She smirked softly, speaking to the thin air. She could not see the pirate, but she knew he was there.

Walking out of the inn, she looked between Veraka and Palax. [i:2np23qqv]Is it a good time to admit I have no mount?[/i:2np23qqv]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Again, he had been entranced by something shiny. He see-sawed mentally over grabbing the trinket that caught his eye, and leaving it be. There he remained for a few moments. Mentally, a little Kalannar appeared on his shoulder. [color=red:3igs3f1z]"Y' kno'. I' is pretty."[/color:3igs3f1z] Kalannar nodded his agreement before another Kalannar appeared on his other shoulder, motioning to the item. [color=cyan:3igs3f1z]"Migh' fetch a goo' price."[/color:3igs3f1z] The second minature version of himself had a good thought. Just like the first. Still... [color=red:3igs3f1z]"Sh' can' see ya. Sh' won' kno'! Sh' can' be angry iffin sh' doesn't know."[/color:3igs3f1z] Ah hah! A loophole! That's just what he needed.

Nodding to the two gents on his shoulder, Kalannar's hand reached out, just an inch from the trinket, victory, literally, almost in his grasp. Then.. He heard Luexena calling him. He paused and startled, the two mental Kalannar's falling off his shoulders with a scream, poofing into thin air. Sighinga bit, he left the trinket alone, the Drowess who acted as his inadvertant conscious triggering the better part of him and he moved to follow.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek the always observing one, which was what made him so damned deadly, he learned the weaknesses of others quickly. And he had known Veraka now long enough to know that the once pure Paladin was slowly slipping. He knew that realistically he had been for years. The notion brought a small wry smile to his lips, at least he and the fey'ri made a good pair in that sense. Ironic at best and amusing as a whole. Following them outside he looked to Inrii and nodded as he signed to her 'Beware of our aasimir friend. He's slipping his grip on his rage.' That and a few other things. Zek didn't need magic to sense auras, of a shift, after time when watching he could piece together normal behaviors and patterns to something that shifted that caused them to change. When you hunt for a living, you learn to watch prey, if a prey item is acting bizarre, beware something is not right.
Site, story being redone