[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shrugged, "I see the world as a grand performance, I hardly have time to attach myself to puppets." He shrugged, "Besides, I find simple people too.. transient. Only a puppet is the same day in and day out."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard looks at him with a very dubious expression. "elwyn, old man, you REALLY need to get away from those toys of yours and out among real people once in a while. With very few exceptions, a woman is NOT a puppet. And if she IS.... Well, that's another issue, I think." He shrugs, and shakes his head in obvious distaste for the subject.

He turns back to Veraka, hoping to change the subject. "So what is our next move? We really should come up with some kind of plan. The longer we stay here, the farther away they will be, andthe harder it will be to find them."

"He's right, of course- much as I hate to admit it." Adds Palax, suddenly breaking his silence.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn nodded, "Aye, I'm in agreement with Lothir, time is certainly not our friend in this matter. The sooner we head out, the less time those drow have to hide in their Underdark hovels."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((asuming the others introduce selves before the conversations...))

Inrii gives a unsure look to the eilistraeen priestess' introduction, then that was it for that. she figured the woman would have more problems with her than anything from what she remembered of the dancing ladies (as she refered to them).

"a man who plays with dolls? your a creepy rivvil," she said offhandedly about/to Elwyn, "not all us ilythiiri are from below. some of us are from the Night Above. besides the point, what makes you so sure that these are from below? Spider-kissers have had small establishment on the surface. take the Twisted Tower of this town for instance. and why would any of the cities below want the fey'ri or the kids? if it was a simple sacrifice or blooding, the risk of bringing in lesser races makes no sense nor the type of sloppy attack today."

as much needed as getting moving was, it was likely that many of the group were in need of some short rest. why else be in a Inn?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled, "You are a drow, and yet you call me creepy?" He waved a hand at the dolls, " Besides, this isn't play, it is practice. Tell me, how does a warrior improve their accuracy with a blade?" without waiting for an answer he barreled right along, "They practice by trying to hit a small area with it. Well, these dolls, as you call them, are my blade, and the finer manipulations are the most difficult and most necessary to make in a fight. Since it is my electrical powers that provide the power to my puppets and their weapons, I am forced to constantly make small variations in the power I send them."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"She DOES have a point, Elwyn. Most people find the thought of digging around in the innards of a corpse disturbing, at best. Never mind that those innards are mechanical in this case- it's still enough to give most folk the creeps." His comment is spoken out of hand, as he turns back to Inrii. "It's usually best to ignore his odd habits and try not to think too much about it. Otherwise, you're bound to have some bad dreams. And I happen to think you may be onto something about who is behind all of this. It makes little sense unless it is someone who knows Veraka from the past."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii just rolled her eyes at the human to his comment pretending to yawn as he gave a 'defense'.
"so who you tick off then?" she asked, a bit blunt that was usual for her, Veraka what she guessed everyone was thinking.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Muttering offhandedly" Some of us are born with the inate ability to kill and strike vital areas." Whether it was true with him or not who knew. Not something someone wanted to question. Raising a brow at the habits" It's no stranger than playing with a corpse after killing them.. make them like a puppet, or worse."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Noticing Kalannar's look, Luexena rolled her eyes a little, giving the piratish elf a slight nudge with her elbow. Her expression was stern for a moment, then her features softened and she watched Veraka and his child quietly, listening to the introductions and introducing herself in return.

Her mind however seemed to be preoccupied with the vision. So when she looked to Veraka now in his radiant holy aura, she saw him tarnished and ragefilled, with bloodlust in his eyes. And the vision of the Spider Queen... a mere recollection of it made her shiver a little. Why was this man so important? Why did Lloth want him and his wife, their children? She did not know. These thoughts kept her quiet and a little distant.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar grunted a bit at the small nudge, being stirred from his mental note taking of what may and may not be worth something. Seeing the drowesses glance, he'd give her a wide grin and a small laugh. "Wha'! I ain' doin' nothin' wron'!" He said, though it was most obviously a lie. As the others intorduced hikmself, he'd do so as well, ending the introduction with an overly exaggerated bow, and a flourish of his hand.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"So are we gonna find this kid and woman, or what?" Zana was loosing patience quickly. She didn't mind chatting and all, but not when an acquaintance's wife and child was probably being tortured as they spoke. [i:37njed35]That[/i:37njed35] did not sit well with her.

She stood legs still apart, arms folded waiting for her answer.

[i:37njed35]Impatient much?[/i:37njed35] Vlad cocked a would-be eyebrow.

[i:37njed35]I want to go, yes.[/i:37njed35] Normally she could care less about someone else's family worries and such, but with this, she felt different. Almost like she had to help find them. She knew what it was like to lose a loved one, so she understood Veraka's predicament all too well.

[i:37njed35]Whatever happened to not caring?[/i:37njed35] Vlad asked.

[i:37njed35]I don't care about other people, but this is different.[/i:37njed35]

[i:37njed35]True.[/i:37njed35] Vlad also remembered what happened all those years ago, when Zana had lost a child she had been caring for and an extremely close friend.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Motioning to the one who spoke up" Less talk, more work and killing. And yes, I have new little toys I want to play with.." He had been tinkering more with things, working to become more of a deadly threat, which meant traps, explosive devices and new creative ways to kill people. Anyone can kill with a snap of the finger, he liked to kill creatively.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii turned to Zek and patted him on the hands playfully, "you'll get all the blood I'm sure this journey. and when we find Alya, well its no holds bar."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing Zek’s question, Veraka simply turned to him, and replied in a melancholy tone, “We’ll get there soon enough.”
Turning back towards the group, as Lothir and Elwyn exchanged friendly, but witty, fire with each other, Veraka wasn’t sure where to start. He knew exactly what had happened, he just wasn’t sure he could stomach the thought of recalling all of what had happened, just hours after the incident itself.

=================================

[color=darkblue:2tmc9nhg]Drakin looked to his huge paladin friend of his, and immediately noticed the hard expression that was drawn across the paladin’s face. Leaning in closer so only Veraka could hear, he whispered, “mine as well tell everyone now, so that they know exactly what’s going on, and why they’re all potentially signing up to join you.”[/color:2tmc9nhg]

=================================

Palax’s sudden disruption of the quiet air, as well as Drakin’s whispered advice, wakes the aasimar from his hopeless state of mind. Looking to Palax, then Lothir, Veraka shrugged his shoulders, and responded, “Do you honestly think that I know what in the Nine Hells to do. I just witnessed the attempted assassination of my own daughter, as well as saw, first-hand, just what has happened to any and all who are in the targeted area of my enemies. My entire home town was slaughtered, to the last man, woman and child, as well as the town that Neriah and the children were staying in, pending my return from a mission to Damara. I don’t even know where to begin. And if you don’t believe me about my own town and what had happened, ask Drakin.”

He gestured towards his half-drow friend, whom then had most of the party’s attention.

[color=darkblue:2tmc9nhg]Drakin turned to Veraka and asked in his raspy voice, “do you want them to hear my version or yours?”
“Give them your perspective; might give ‘em an idea of what exactly is the state of mind of these aggressors, as well as their psychological state.”

The assassin nodded and began to describe his perspective of what happened with him and Veraka, and what he saw, as his vision was less clouded, and, as was his way of doing things, he took more information in that moment when both he and Veraka had come upon the aasimar’s hometown.

((Set aside for Drakin to describe in his post))

When the half-drow finished, he could tell that, by the expressions and reactions that came forth from the group that was gathered round him and the aasimar, he had definitely reiterated the scene that he had saw with the utmost detail and description. A number of comments, and derogative phrases came from the group gathered around him.

((Ok, anyone who wishes to state a reaction, or comment, within your post, do so as to make it where it would appear at [b:2tmc9nhg]THIS[/b:2tmc9nhg] point within your post’s time frame))
[/color:2tmc9nhg]
Veraka then looked around the table towards the gathered group around him, his silver orbs locking onto each and every single set of eyes around him, their piercing gaze saying ‘[b:2tmc9nhg]THAT[/b:2tmc9nhg] is what has happened to me’, as well as giving a glimmer into the volatility of his state of mind at the moment in time.

Hearing the banter between Elwyn, Lothir, and Inrii only served to erode his patience even more, pushing it dangerously thin to snapping. It was when Inrii asked her blunt question, followed by Zek’s dry remark towards Elwyn that the aasimar’s temper boiled over.

“Enough of this [b:2tmc9nhg]BULLSHIT!![/b:2tmc9nhg]” Veraka hollered at the top of his lungs, filling the Inn with his voice. Everyone looked up to him, even Alasse, with a near horror stricken face.

She’d seen him when he was angry, but Alasse was truly frightened of her father in that moment of time, her copper eyes fear-trembling. Aurora glared at the aasimar with her cool gaze, as if saying ‘do that again, and I’ll kill you myself’.

A moment of silence ensued, followed quickly by Drakin leaning over and silently saying something to the steaming, nerve-edged aasimar.

========================

[color=darkblue:2tmc9nhg]”Look, Veraka; I understand your nerves are on a dagger’s edge, and can sympathize with your dilemma, but, honestly, let’s try and keep that raging fury for someone who deserves it, eehh?”[/color:2tmc9nhg]

The paladin looked with an ice-chilled gaze towards Drakin, but then saw reason, and nodded towards the assassin; he then inhaled slowly, letting the intake of air calm his already frayed nerves somewhat.

He then turned to Inrii and replied, “I’ve no idea who this could be; most of the folks whom could hold a grudge against me is either dead, or not of this plane. As to a plan, of any sort, well, Drakin helped one of the assassins after my daughter ‘relinquish’ some information that suggested that we head down to the Dragon Coast to find an answer. If anything is a start, it’ll be down there. So that being said, any questions before we head out. Also, that being said, who of you have horses and who doesn’t?”
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

“The things that happened to that town are better left in the past and left alone,” whispered with his scarred voice looking at everyone in turn, “but, continuing on without knowing why, well, that’s just plain stupid. I’ll tell you what I believe has happened.”

“Whoever we’re facing are, more than likely, some fanatic worshippers of a being of the lower planes or the Abyss. As far as we know, two villages have been attacked. I believe the first to have been Veraka’s home town. They we’re caught completely by surprise, only a few signs of struggle and almost none of the villagers had a weapon. By the looks of things, they were also caught alive. Unfortunately. Whoever, caught the villagers had them tortured in various ways: rape, impalement, and burning just to name a few. But to top things off, some of the ones they deemed worthy they froze the corpses into a raised alter.”At this point Drakin paused, remembering the horror of the town, “On top this alter, they sacrificed the most innocent on. They sacrificed the babies of the villagers.”

Drakin then gave a cold, humorless smile, “I believe that your wife, Veraka, managed to pay some these bastards back a little. Inside your house, I found evidence of spells going off and some blood that looked to have been caused by a straight bladed dagger, such as those sais you’re wife is so fond of. And we already know, from your daughter, that your wife was taken alive.”

Drakin then sighed, “But, all we know is that they’re ruthless, willing to kill whoever it gets in their way, has a lot of servants willing to die for their cause, and have strong magic judging by how they scry killed the wizard. The only clue we have is the riddle that the assassin told us and the information that the wizard gave us after some interrogation. Both of which seem to point to a wyrm in the Dragon Coast.”
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701