"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:59 am

OOC: It's fine all, we hit a snag- no biggie! And now- ONWARD!!!


IC: The young bard can hear the clamor starting again, but he ignores it all, lost in his dance of death with the two driders nearest him. He sees the odd rat-creature rejoin the fray, even as Onix finishes off one of hte two with the silvered swords, and his voice rises higher, above it all, echoing off the cavern walls.

As the priestess tries again unsuccessfully to call off the battle, Li'Neee's thrust takes out one of her two junior priestesses. She reminds Onix of their mission, but too late, it seems. Still the high priestess stands defiantly over the three small driderlings, as if determined to defend them to the last. Bella can see them down below, now that the smoke has cleared. She has a perfect vantage to the leader. Phoebey, meanwhile, is suddenly almost bowled over by a drider fleeing in desperation.


OOC: I'll get to the rest in next post!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 am

OOC: As promised!!


IC: A drider races for the entrance, knocking over Phoebey in her wolf form as he skitters at full speed out into the passage beyond. lothir makes a swipe as the drider passes by, but the creature ignores him, in favor of escaping the massacre that has somehow more than half of his small colony. He streaks passed Arya and Kathryn, and out into the passage beyond.

Silinrul hears the clamor of battle ahead in the dark tunnel, and soon discovers that the passage he has entered from comes out in a ledge above what appears to be a small outpost. Below, a battle is indeed in progress- between a mixed group of drow and others, and a group of driders. Has he come too late? One of the drow is singing as he seems to dance circles around two driders, slashing like a whirlwind of blades. Another has just felled a female drider who was readying a spell to cast.

Vailintin watches from above, and sees another player enter the scene, from far across the cavern. A drow- or at least, one who appears to be, save for the fact that he is as pale as a surface-dweller. A wolf is bowled over by a fleeing drider, who dashes for the main passage. Meanwhile, a young female drow is busy slaying one of the few female driders in the cavern. She has a look in her eyes that is decidedly cold and vicious, as if some personal vendetta is involved.


OOC: Okay, hopfully that's every one. If I missed someone, let me know, and I'll add you into my next post.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Ogrim » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:05 am

He was only supposed to investigate, to his knowledge anyway, not join in an ongoing melee with... what's this? Surfacers, vermin, and Drow as a team, assaulting this nest of Driders. It takes Silinrul only moments to realize, these are not the mindless monsters he was taught to fear being turned into, or being sent to die by if indeed such a punishment were ever warranted, they are sentient, reasoning, and coordinated. Still, there seems very, VERY little reason to pick sides here, if his spell kills both sides, as far as orders are concerned, that is just fine. About to loose his chosen spell, right into the middle of the battle, something nags at his thoughts, remembering, who he is inside, as compared who he is in view of his sisters, mother, trainers, and brother. They are not here, and for all he knows, all but hopefully one are dead, or soon TO be. Who in the Hells are their corpses to judge his actions now? A grunt and grumble, aside to Iejir, "Change of plans friend, Lolth be damned, I want a word with these outsiders, before anyone else discovers them."

And so it is, he redirects his spell, toward the entrance to the ritual chamber, where unless he is failing to see someone, there is naught but driders, and mostly they using magic themselves. He has the element of surprise however, for the moment, and lets go with [b:2au739ou]Engulfing Terror[/b:2au739ou]. Forming out of rising mists, a form begins to take shape, aimed above the gathering of Driders, finally coalescing into something even they will know to fear, a huge green wobbly cube of ooze. One of the great terrors of Underdark, a Gelatinous Cube. Its very weight as it takes shape, dropping it atop or very close to those magic using Driders, the closest and first targets it selects to slam against and engulf if the latter. This method of attack then continues with all subsequent targets in its reach or attacking it afterward. The poor slobs caught within its gelatinous spaces, facing both drowning, and continuous acid damage, most of them likelier to be dissolved until nothing organic remains. Alas, once the creature is summoned, and set loose, he has no control of it, and genuinely hopes these surfacers have the good sense to keep their distance and not provoke it, for as long as it has nearby targets to attack, it will, and only when that supply is exhausted, or it is actually destroyed, will it leave.

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Arya Baenre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 am

[color=#4000BF:19gvuum2]A drider races for the entrance, knocking over Phoebey in her wolf form as he skitters at full speed out into the passage beyond. lothir makes a swipe as the drider passes by, but the creature ignores him, in favor of escaping the massacre that has somehow more than half of his small colony. He streaks passed Arya and Kathryn, and out into the passage beyond.[/color:19gvuum2]

Taking a moment to survey the area as she enters, Kathryn notes a bit of what is happening, seeing the drow that she had followed into the cavern fighting someways ahead. She doesn't get more than a few moments before she spots the drider coming her way and holds her light darkwood quarterstaff out as she eases into a controlled position, holding it with both hands towards one end like a cudgel. As soon as the drider passes her, she spins around and lashes out a two-handed blow at its legs. Without even slowing to make sure the drider was staggered by the blow, she follows her first attack, spinning her staff so that she holds it in the middle and twirls it around the creature, so to speak, jabbing at its legs and trying to weaken it enough to make it fall.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 am

(OOC: Knew I'd forgotten someone- the previous part was referring to LiNeee, BTW)

IC: "Cursed drow witch! Not even the Queens wrath is worth getting killed!" The drider snarls, as Arya's jabs attempt to knock it down. Fortunately, driders have more legs than any humanoid, and he quickly skitters up onto the ceiling and continues his flight to parts unknown.

Inside the cavern, Zarae pauses, the inner voice telling her to refrain from killing the high priestess. Even so, LiNeee has already slain one of hte other two clerics, before the former captive moves to stand beside Onix and tries to direct his attention back to their mission. Unfortunately, at that moment, a huge gelatinous shape appears to fall behind the priestesses and Zarae, who is still safely hidden in the shadows. It quivers slightly, then advances on the nearest driders.

Chaos erupts. The second junior cleric is swiftly engulfed as she unleashes her spell, which causes a fist of stone to rise from the floor and grab at the rat. She screams horribly, a half-chittering, half-blood-curdling shriek of agony and fear as her flesh melts away. The high priestess, murmurs a spell, and a shimmering ward forms around her and the three driderlings, who huddle further under her many legs, seeking safety, and crying. Another drider is caught at the edge of the wobbly mass, and three of his legs are melted, along with his weapon. He shrieks out in pain, skittering away on the remaining five.

Shaking his head, the gnome grimaces and looks around. "Ye want somethin' done right, ye gotta do it yerself..." he mutters, and promptly begins to cast a spell of his own. In an instant, a large firey cube appears precisely where the monstrous gelatinous creature sits, surrounding it and burning it into a gooy puddle. The flames roar up, blinding the few remaining driders, as well as every drow in the cavern.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:08 am

the rogue was preparing to call for peace, when things changed. Thankfully she wasnt hit by the large cube of gelatinous material, the flare of light from its scorching body was unexpecte and her piwafwi wrapped around her face, shielding her eyes and from the flames. Recalling the cantrip from her arcane training her hand, peeked out the magical material and moved in the correct pattern as she spoke the few words boosting her resistance.

((not sure where others are, but may shadowjump- as magic is back in effect, and help someone))
Image
signature made by Larlan
~Character~

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:51 am

LiNeee froze next to Onix, staring at the Drider Queen, the idea pending in her lethal eyes- fight to the death or walk away? Through her own eyes, she felt troubled, a small nerve of a jitter; barely tugging audibly at her mind. Reminding her prehaps, that if it hadn't been for her upraising, she would have looked just like the eight-legged creature in front of her. Or even worse; one of the dwindlings beneath her. LiNeee shivered and turned her eyes, just grasping an image of the wobbly, gooby, cube of Gelatinous. Her eyes went wide in suprise, she'd only heard of them in her early childhood, stories that flew through the children like wild fire, the strangers of the underdark, the pale faces, oh and those cubes of wobbly goop that everyone under ground fled. LiNeee tilted her head, who would have conjured such a thing? She watched in awe as it [i:1n9kg7d4]fed[/i:1n9kg7d4] upon the two closest driders, or that was what it looked liked to her. [i:1n9kg7d4]That's digusting,[/i:1n9kg7d4] she thought gently, placing a hand over her heart as her now, narrowed, eyes; shot back to the gathering in front of her. It only just occured to her, that Phoebey and Bella weren't around, she, infact; had not seen them since they'd been taken. Fear struck her bones cold and she whipped around in a whirl of wind, her flutter of ivory mane swinging out wide behind her.

From across the way, Phoebey was flung off her feet in the grace of a fleeing Drider. The she-wolf lunged to her feet with a snarl but decided against running after it, [i:1n9kg7d4]let it run,[/i:1n9kg7d4] she thought, flexing her claws against the stone, [i:1n9kg7d4]it won't get too far.[/i:1n9kg7d4] She turned back towards the gathering, missing the cube of ooze all together, well it [i:1n9kg7d4]wasn't[/i:1n9kg7d4] like her to get distracted anyway.

[i:1n9kg7d4][color=darkblue:1n9kg7d4]"Gelatinous Cube,[/i:1n9kg7d4][/color:1n9kg7d4] Bella was towering over them all, keeping an eye on all of them. Her arms were braced tightly, holding a bow slightly bent and the arrow strung at the ready. She had a good vantage point, over everyone. If a Drider were to sneak up on one of the caravan, Bella could easilly take it out. However, as the newest arival comes into her sights, she lowers herself to the ground in a neat squat, the point of her arrow, and seemingly the target beyond it; changing to a point in the very middle of his head. He speaks, but no words were heard from this distance. Bella grunted, licking at her top lip in concentration, her right shoulder rolled back- pulling the string tighter beneath the arrow, [i:1n9kg7d4][color=darkblue:1n9kg7d4]spells, driders and surfacers, what a fantastic trip so far.[/i:1n9kg7d4] She thought in bewilderment, readying herself to let the string fling back into its' normal shape and send the arrow flying straight towards its' target. Mist coiled up over the top of two driders, the spell. She watched as it took shape, as it took out the two driders, and then burst into flames. Her mouth dropped, and she slowly let the string go, keeping hold of the arrow so it wouldn't fly out. [i:1n9kg7d4]So, another for our side...[/i:1n9kg7d4][/color:1n9kg7d4] To her knowledge of the lay out anyway, she figured this newcomer had heard the comotion and come to join their conquer, but perhaps he hadn't. She guessed she'd figure it out.

Spotting Phoebey laid rest to the Drow priestesses' mind, like no other could. Of course, Bella was still missing, but at least Phoebey was safe, apart from her savaged form she looked good. She let loose, the briefest of smiles- just as the column of blaze blinded her and brought to the boil all the worries that had been threatening to over flow so far. She reached out infront of her to grab hold of something, anything, to let her know that the fight hadn't begun again.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Vailintin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 pm

What's this then? A white drow? Such things even Vailintin has not heard of, and though the manner of dress and choice of companions seems to fit the sort of wizard he'd expect to see coming from Menzo, he knows he hasn't seen [b:i544rcvv]this[/b:i544rcvv] one. He would remember it if he had. This battle seems well in hand, and with so many forces involved in the wholesale slaughter and decimation of this nest of unusual Driders, more and more, Vailintin is leaning back from his way into the battle, thinking it the wiser to have lent his aid where it was needed, and vanish into the shadows, a mystery whose only sign of passage would be the heat trail left by his feet, leading in a less than direct route, that still unerringly leads straight into Menzoberranzan, though not through the conventional route of passing through the well-guarded city gates.

Then it occurs to him, maybe these Driders so disadvantaged in this battle, perhaps would be eager to parley given his estimation that the only survivors might be the one priestess and the children. Children? He's never heard of Driders breeding, this new variety could make valuable allies. Rather than attack further, he pulls out segmented portions of a shortbow, reassembles them, strings it, selects a special arrow with a small coating of stone-burner acid on the adamantine head, secures a rope to it, and fires straight down into the cavern below, placing it nearby, beside the priestess drider guarding her children. The acid allows the arrow to penetrate the stone floor, anchoring it securely on that end, so it doesn't flop about in any fashion. Then he promptly ties off the other end to a stalagmite. Finally, he returns to the opening and with bow in hand prepares to lay down covering fire to protect the rope, and its intended climbers. Down he calls,[color=#800000:i544rcvv] "Queelas! Kus phor l'dalharen, lu'inbau dosstan doeb d'gaer!"[/color:i544rcvv] Surely, if this drider is as sentient, reasoning, and maternally caring as she seems... about as much as his own Erinyes mother, someone offering rescue to her offspring will give her pause before trying to kill or transform him.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by veraka » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Onix would've charged the Drider Queen just form her movement, however, he suddenly went solid, frozen in place as the [b:2qyligzb]Gelatinous Cube[/b:2qyligzb] formed outta nowhere and started out by literally dissolving one of the junior priestesses. The screams that pierced his ears brought his mind into a flashback. The memory of the first time he'd witnessed the death of a person at the claws of the damned Leechers. Onix visibly flinched at the waking scream. However, his senses soon flare up as the gnome sets off one of his pyrotechnic tricks on the Cube, burning it to an oily puddle.

Onix raises an armored hand to block out the intense light from the gnome's spell; however, he soon sees LiNeee blindly grabbing out in front of herself, as if searching for a hold; however, he then realizes that she is too drow, and as such, has been blinded by the bright flare. Onix grabs LiNeee with an open hand, suddenly startled he even did such an action, but still, focused on making sure she doesn't stumble; "LiNeee, be careful and don't try to move so much; the blindness should were off soon."

However, the clone's mind flickers with an idea; if the drow are blinded, then so are the Driders. Onix let LiNeee go for the moment, swearing to her he'd return. WIth that said, he engaged his armor to its strength mode, and in a running leap, cleared the distance between himself and the Drider Queen, unsheathing both his katanas in mid-leap. Breaking his landing with a forward roll, the clone came right up before the Drider Queen, and in a split second had her where he wanted her.
The cold, hard razor edge of his katana met her neck as he had his blade to the Queen's throat, his other one held at his side in a defensive posture.
"Now, Queen, we can talk; One false move, and those younglings underneath you might not survive your collapsing corpse should i cut your legs out from under you." Whilst the clone hated bringing children into the threat equation, he also knew that by threatening their safety with the fact that it'd be [b:2qyligzb]her[/b:2qyligzb] body killing them, Onix felt no moral problem at all. Their safety lay completely in their Queen's hands; should she be foolish enough to resist the clone or assume a threatening stance, they would perish, while she would be left alive to grieve, if she could even do that.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:30 am

"Darthirri bastard!" she snarls. "Did I not already tell you and your heretic friends to leave us be?! Yet you continue to attack! Your companions have escaped already- you have no more reason to destroy what is left of our home and our famliies! Begone!" If looks alone could kill, it's a fair certainty Onix might already be dead from her enraged glare, but she makes no move to resist or threaten.


Meanwhile, having taken down the warriors before him, the bard sings out a loud, wailing note that echoes all around the cavern, furhter hindering the driders, making them cry out in pain as they cover their ears. Yet it seems to leave the rest of the group unaffected.


Silinrul hears the high, peircing note from ahead and below, and sees the odd scene before him, of a pale-skinned half-elven male with odd eyes and even odder armor with his blades to the neck of a large female drider in priestly half-robes, standing above what appear to be three very small driders. young ones? That is impossible, he knows, for all know that such creatures are incapable of it. Or are they?


Vailintin can't quite figure out what the battle is over, but it seems the driders wish to surrender, if their high priestess is to be believed. And who created the huge fiery cube that destroyed the gelatinous one? From his vantage, the only one who appears capable of such a feat would be the odd little old gnome standing away from the main fight. He seems to be grumbling to himself, shaking his head in annoyance. "You folks are all barmy!" he complains. Let's get them girls an' head back inta the city- That IS our purpose in comin' down here, ain't it? Not fightin a bunch o' divine cast-off freaks?"


Zarae hears Beznik's remark, and his message is clear. It's time to stop this before things become even bloodier. Not to mention, they DO still have a mission, and they are wasting time and magic on these pitiful creatures.....


Skrach watches as the strange male in the peculiar armor his threat to the drider priestess, and the gnome grumbles about getting back to their mission. And then there are those girls who escaped during the fray. One seems intent on chasing after the drider who fled, another appears to be indecisive between leaving and killing her captors. The third.... Well, he can't figure those three out. What are they? Perhaps they are a bit like himself, shapechangers who might know of other wererats? Or at least he might be less lonely among others who know what it is to have more than one shape....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Zarae hurried over to Beznik, and whispered, not thinking that she was still invisible to normal sight, "we have to stop this from turning into a bloodbath, and soon."
Before she waited for a response she went looking for someone else not caught up in the heat of battlelust, ignore her insticts and call to fight to listen to the Lady's words. Finally, still not thinking it through, she steps out in front of the main drider, suddenly appearing, her hands in front of her to stop any of her [i:qwuoerws]companions [/i:qwuoerws]from striking another blow. of course her back was not fully to the drider, Zarae was still a drow after all.
"this has to stop, now! This is not the Dark Maiden's way when they have surrendered. we have important work we must finish."
Image
signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Ogrim » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:31 am

Sent to investigate, not eradicate, dead driders will be difficult to prove having been intelligent. Corpses of the children might produce evidence of the dire news of reproduction but their acquisition would be too much hassle, and these surfacers would end up in the crossfire, perhaps even allies of necessity with these Driders, and then there are the calls for ceasing the battle, and this idea rings brilliantly to his ears. With all the variables involved however, there is but one figure who seems unlikely to listen to reason. A single spell comes to mind, rarely used, but often kept in his list of prepared spells, the time proves right. Aimed upon Onix, Silinrul selects his next spell, [b:3pioautm]Otiluke's Resilient Sphere[/b:3pioautm] [DC 19 Reflex save to negate].

Should it succeed, an eight-foot diameter, immovable globe of shimmering force encloses the clone soldier, trapping him within, preventing passage of all things but air in or out. Both soldier and drider may struggle and beat against it all they please, neither could harm the other. Against all better judgement at that point, he does not fully enter the open cavern, but moves to the mouth of the tunnel leading into this embattled cavern, and calls out to the combatants, "I heartily agree! This battle ends now! Begone on whatever mission you come for, [i:3pioautm]dobluth[/i:3pioautm] and [i:3pioautm]iblith[/i:3pioautm] alike, and I shall allow you to leave with your lives." For those not native to Underdark, this young adult of a Drow, might seem terribly bold and overconfident, but to Drider and other Drow alike, the belief that his albinism is a sign of being marked with Lolth's favor, and likewise extraordinarily more powerful than common Drow. The existence of a Szar'kai in itself, a thing shrouded in myths and religious superstitions that often exaggerate the reality.

Silinrul is only partly counting on the superstitious fears a Szar'kai might inspire in the minds of fellow Drow, and Lolthite Driders alike. Not the whole of his confidence however, as the rest lies in a firm belief that his new employers will not let his life be wasted, a Szar'kai can blend in with surface elves much more easily, and inspire trust from humans much the same way, his life is too valuable to leave flapping in the breeze. Finally, the cave's integrity, is clearly weakening, and the right spell will be more than sufficient to collapse it. His information will have to be taken at face value, but there will be no specimens to study.

[[A bit of extra info: the sphere is not subject to damage of any kind, except from a 'Rod of Cancellation', 'Rod of Negation', 'Disintegrate' spell, or targeted 'Dispel Magic' spell. These effects destroy the sphere without harm to the subject within.]]

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by veraka » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Onix, even with all his genetic enhancements, and tough augmentations, was still mortal, and as such, even he hadn't seen the spell that was cast on him, which enveloped him in a transparent orb of sorts; "foul sorcery," the clone growled in a low tone, guessing that he was trapped with the drier priestess. As he retracted the blade from drider priestess's neck, he stood up to his full height.
"You can strike at me with whatever magics you wield, but I assure you, at this distance, you'll be putting your younglings in danger. If you really wish to test me at this distance, than so be it."
Onix's words, though callous, would have a ring of truth to them, even if the drider priestess had a fury of the gods built up in her.

=======================

[color=#0000BF:28izbyks]While Onix was trapped inside the translucent sphere, a portal opened up near Luexena and Kalannar, from which emerged a golden haired sun-elf; his eyes glowed with a solid gold hue as he stared down at Luexena; "Young priestess of the Dark Maiden, gather your aquatic elven friend. Your sanctuary mother needs your assistance with a most important task." The sun elf waved Luexena forward, bidding her to grab Kalannar and come with him through the portal.[/color:28izbyks]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:26 am

Noting the pale drow stranger, Lothir, turns to regard the newcomer with both curiosity and concern. "By the gods, does the ENTIRE vithin UNDERDARK know where we are?! Who are you, and what concern is it of yours what happens here? Are you a friend of these outcasts?" At the last words, he suddenly raises his brows, as an idea comes to mind. He whirls back to Onix and the drider High Priestess, and moves slowly, cautiously in their direction.

"Speaking of which- I would ask a question of you, Jabbress," he says, addressing her suddenly with respect. "Why do you follow a goddess who has cursed you? You have lost all that you had- family, home, support and position- and yet still you choose to venerate the one who took that away from you by twisting you into this shape which all see as a mockery of her children? Have you ever considered that there might be another path?"

He glances toward Onix, and turns a quick eye at each of the others in the small group, indicating with a jerk of his head that they should move away carefully, without provoking furhter conflict. He spots Luaxena and the messenger, who both suddenly disappear into a portal, and frowns. Wonderful- unless he has missed his guess, they have just lost their only priestess for the time being. He gazes back up at the other stranger, the one who spoke to the drider priestess, and then to the odd rat-man, wondering where they all fit into this mess. Somehow, what had started as a simple trek down to Menzoberranzan has already turned into a disaster- and they have not even reached the city!

"I believe prudence would dictate we leave the field and perhaps allow these unfortunate cursed souls to return to what passes for their lives. Shall we, abbillen?" he says, loudly enough for the entire party to hear. The priestess simply glares at him and at Onix, whom she would dearly love to toss onto her altar right now.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Re: "Come Little Children..."

Post by Ogrim » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 am

((Awesome to see this back.))
[quote:25eow63a]
Noting the pale drow stranger, Lothir, turns to regard the newcomer with both curiosity and concern. "By the gods, does the ENTIRE vithin UNDERDARK know where we are?! Who are you, and what concern is it of yours what happens here? Are you a friend of these outcasts?" At the last words, he suddenly raises his brows, as an idea comes to mind. He whirls back to Onix and the drider High Priestess, and moves slowly, cautiously in their direction[/quote:25eow63a].

A dry chuckle escapes Silinrul at this line of questions, [color=#400080:25eow63a]"So many questions and so little time, let us pray those I come representing don't decide I'm taking too long and send more forces, or perhaps decide my willingness to let you go is being too merciful. As to the first, you were not even supposed to be here. Fortunately you're not in league with these 'outcasts', so I'm willing to overlook your presence. So far I and Iejir know you are here. All of a certain nearby city knows or suspects of something, apparently these mutant Driders, being in this general area however, so I would not suggest lingering long. As to my identity and concerns with this matter, that is hardly your concern, other than perhaps I am your rescuer this day."[/color:25eow63a] To the Drider Priestess he adds,[color=#400080:25eow63a] "As for you and your hive, I don't have orders yet to eradicate, only investigate, your forces are severely diminished, and children at dire risk of being slaughtered, leave me to depart in peace, and you may yet have time to get far away from Menzoberranzen and plague a different city with your plans. Attack me, or remain here, and neither you, nor your children will leave this cavern alive."[/color:25eow63a]

He lied, he knows, or at least suspects. Kimmuriel would surely not let a new recruit who supposedly has such potential value go off on this mission without keeping an eye on him somehow. There's been no objections to his decisions or actions yet, so his first test must be off to a good start.

Post Reply