"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Silinrul enters the small shop, and sees a frail-looking old drow who appears half-blind, squinting at him from across the room, where he is sorting rolls of fabric. He waves the younger drow off absently, in a gruff tone. "Go away, I'm closed. Come back tomorrow," he says, looking annoyed by the interruption. He turns without another word, shuffling toward a large loom at the back of the shop.

----------------------------------------

Valor sends his question to Luaxena, the eagle's tone hinting that Onix is very worried indeed. She hears the bird's query, and as she looks down into the bowl again, she can see that the driders have now entered a large cavern festooned with webs, with ledges and small alcoves and side-caves at various heights along every wall. There are at least a dozen more driders in this area, though nearly all are male, she sees. There are even a few small ones apparently playing some form of rough game of "tag". Children?

It looks almost like a small village, with various members preparing large cocoons of captured prey, others sharpening weapons or weaving their own silk into crude vests and sashes for clothing. All of the driders appear excited as the small group enters the cavern, with several of the males showing distinctly eager expressions as she watches in the crying bowl.

"Eh? If'n I was you, miss, I'd find them girls but quick. That don't look too good fer them, do it?" Beznik's comment as he looks down at the image over her shoulder needs no response- it's quite clear that the girls' situation is dire.

"Do you think they're going to eat them?" Lothir asks, obviously worried. "I wish Onix hadn't run off like that- now we'll have to find him AND the girls!" He shakes his head in frustration, and grabs his blades, stalking off to hunt down the errant warrior.

-------------------------------------------

LiNeee and Pheobe find themselves being carried into a small side-cave at the very back of the main "nest" where the three males set them on the floor. Two stand watch, while the one called Tazdrik- a wizard, the others had called him- turns to give them orders. "Watch them, and if they move, give them another 'love bite'. I shall go bring Zoberrazil to inspect them, and then when they are prepared, we will perform the ceremony to change them. Have no doubt, wee will have three new members for our colony before the day is finished."

-------------------------------------------

Zarae and Kallanar continue to creep along, stalking after the driders, until they come to an exit guarded by two large drider males with halberds. Beyond is what appears to be a cavern, and the sounds of some sort of settlement come from within. The trail clearly leads inside, but there is no indication of what might be inside, or where the girls have gone from here.....

-----------------------------------------

Zana and Vlad hear the voices again, apparently discussing something important, but the two are still too far away to hear what is being said. However, the eagle flies off toward the voices, lending credance to Zana's earlier observation that it was not alone. Perhaps they should follow it.....

Edit: Sorry, I had accidentally said Zana instead of Zarae. Ack- too many Z's!!!! Also, added a bit for Zana, to avoid confusion. Sorry for the mix-up folks!!
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

OOC. Sorry for the delay again. >.> been busy. Will do better.

Kalannar followed the trail all the way to the two hulking half spider, half drow creatures, wincing as he saw them. He had faced only a few in his time, back ina set of caverns in Cormyr, and that was some time ago, and it hadn't gone that well. Quietly, he shifted back, moving towards the caravan before he exited the safety the shadows of the cave afforded him. [i:2ptp9ot4]"There be driders ahea'. An' wha' looks to be a settlement... No' sure what kin' i' is, though. I didn't try to chance the two sentires."[/i:2ptp9ot4]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((no problems))

already invisible and magically shielded, she ssignaled to the other scout and headed twords the guards. she listened to see if anything was said among them, coming very close.
silently, she shuffled thru her pack feeling for the small wrist crossbow she purchased with some sleep poison quarrels.

((are they the only ones or is it able to be seen by everyone? making sure i read it right...if they're the only ones then: ))

she aimed the bolt at the one, while his partner was distracted by a soft tickling sensation, like a soft feather.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Dismissed, Silinrul growls under his breath, suspecting his precaution of a false visage has earned him this lack of recognition, but he would not be turned away. Instead he pauses to summon his loyal Imp familiar, whispering to it, "Iejir, stay hidden, and alert me if anyone follows me." With a wide toothy grin, his loyal lesser demon settles into hiding, peering out between rolls of fabric, and sincerely hoping his master slays this suspected stalker, that he might enjoy some mutilation of the corpse, perhaps eat its heart.

Following the old weaver into the back of his shop, Silinrul, speaks to him again, "Now is that any way to treat, a loyal customer with coin to spend? Or would you prefer to explain to Matron Srune'Lett why you turned away her favorite son, on the verge of a mission to the surface?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Srune'lett? Eh? The old drow looks Silinrul over again, and his eyes narrow slightly. "Ah, so she sent YE' did she? Was told to expect a szar'kai," he says, practically spitting out the last word. "You don't look like one to me," But it's none of my affair. Have ye' got the coin? Those fellas don't come cheap, you know."

He tugs a rope with a small bell hanging from the ceiling, though it makes no sound. A few seconds later, the front door opens, and in steps the figure from the street- except that he is now revealed to be a all,lean drow dressed in black leathers, wearing the distinctive symbol of House Oblodra- an EXTINCT House, as is well known.

"You rang, old goat?" He quips with a smirk.

"Ah, Kimmuriel, timely as ever. I believe this lad has some 'business' he needs assistance with." The Weaver smiles smugly, then hobbles over to the door to lock it......

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[i:1m3m37g8]Hear that Vlad?[/i:1m3m37g8] Zana asked the tiger. She could have sworn she heard something. She looked further on and knew she saw something. She couldn't make it out, but it was there. She looked at Vlad and saw he was still watching the eagle, who was now heading in the direction of the noise. [i:1m3m37g8]At least someone heard it,[/i:1m3m37g8] she rolled her eyes, thinking to herself.

Vlad began to follow the eagle down the tunnel and so Zana followed as well, bow drawn. She knocked an arrow into place, ready for what might be to come.

[i:1m3m37g8]There's a female, some males, I don't know how many, they're hiding from me, I swear, and...[/i:1m3m37g8] Vlad raised his head in the air, taking in the different scents. [i:1m3m37g8]They have pets.[/i:1m3m37g8]

[i:1m3m37g8]What kind? Where?[/i:1m3m37g8]

[i:1m3m37g8]Too many different smells, and they're hidden well. I can see in darkness, but it's too black where they are.[/i:1m3m37g8]

Zana cautiously came closer. She wanted to find out who they were, where they were going, and what their business was here. It had been a strange day and she wanted to straighten some things out. She eased closer, careful not to make a sound, she didn't need to draw unwanted attention. Crouching against the wall, she and Vlad crept up to the one female and two males (are they drow?). She still couldn't make out the animals, and she starined to hear what they were saying.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

As she came closer, Zana heard them talking in low voices- there was an older-sounding male with a gruff, surly voice, anda female with a soft lyrical tone and mild manner of speech. And then a voice that was somehow familiar- young, male, but with a quiet sense of charm and dignity, laced with warmth and perhaps a hint of humor under the serious demeanor of the moment.

As she came around a bend in the tunnel, she could see them One was a small figure crouched down low beside a female with long silver-white hair, who was hunched over something on the floor at their feet. A third figure stood beside her, leaning over to see. A pair of wagons with two small sturdy ponies sat nearby, and then there was the eagle perched on one of the carts, preening. A fourth entered the small cavern from a second tunnel- a young male who appeared to be half-drow, dressed for what could only be termed stealth.

As she came close, the eagle turned to stare at her and Vlad, and let out a squawk in their direction. If an eagle could look smug, his one did now. All four faces turned to look, and spotted the new-comer easily enough by the huge white cat.

"My friends, I believe we have more company. Luaxena, can you speak to Valor? Ask him where Onix is." The young male asked, again in that familiar voice. And now Zana could see that his face, too was familiar, from a portal on an alien ship some time ago, and the mention of the name Onix.....

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

A light chuckle escapes Silinrul, as he's told he doesn't look as he ought, "So caught up in my excitement, 'twas an afterthought, but realizing how people do stare when a szar'kai goes by, I had decided it best, if that person [i:2szis4vd]appeared[/i:2szis4vd] to vanish. For my sake and yours."

Out he follows the old drow as the rope is pulled, and arches a brow at the entering 'contact'. An extinct house that officially never existed, but the tale of its fall has passed his ears more than once, and he glances between Weaver and a person believed quite dead, as they speak.

It is then his mind is brought back to the tasks at hand, when the telepathic alert from his familiar, states the obvious, and he glances to the rolls of fabric where those watching eyes stare out from, grumbling, "Iejir, come!" Out comes the Imp and flits over to its Master's shoulder, grumbling complaints under its breath, that it did not get the anticipated meal. Silinrul gives the familiar a glare to silence it, and then eyes on his contact, "I suppose, given our host's evaluation of your services, I should be honored that you arrive ahead of me. Might I know what band of rogues I deal with, that they employ the assistance of the supposedly deceased? Or shall we be straight to business?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=violet:1e6rfgjb][i:1e6rfgjb]Onix... Onix it's me. The Driders took us, they speak of mating with us and then turning us. I don't know what into, but I have a slight and uneasy feeling...[/i:1e6rfgjb] Her words were soft if they did get through to Onix, like LiNeee was drifting away. Or perhaps the length was just too great. [i:1e6rfgjb]We're in their nest...[/i:1e6rfgjb][/color:1e6rfgjb]

Onix heard those words float through his mind, and then register inside; [i:1e6rfgjb]What?![/i:1e6rfgjb] He didn't give anytime in between thoughts, [i:1e6rfgjb]LiNeee, just hang in there. Nothing is going to happen to you or your friends.[/i:1e6rfgjb]

"And I'll raise the god-damned hells if something hells if you are hurt," he whispered in a near noiseless tone. The clone then starts to think about how in the Nine Hells he's gonna get to LiNeee, Phoebey and Bella.
((A short post, but I'm just waiting for Luex to post up something for Valor to tell our clone soldier))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

((Not sure how I'll come back to Vale, it might have to be something amazing, or a new face. But for this... I gift a character originally conceived as a comic relief))

Drider eyes, not the only red eyes to watch those stolen ladies, long have these other eyes been learning to survive so near their nest, its presence a ward against other threats, but clever have they been, not to be caught, not to be eaten, or changed. No spider at all, but a rogue in spiders' clothing. Pieced together from the bodies of the more common varieties of giant spiders, a carapace armor, coated in spider pheromones to hide the bearer's scent, and assembled to keep him from sticking to the webs. From his high place, where this lone intruder often watches, but never interferes, and quite possibly has been known for sometime, continues to watch, and privately, he weeps for the ladies, knowing their fate too well. Ordinary spiders he could handle, had to handle, but these creatures, he only has the nerve to watch, and otherwise hide or cower from.

He came this far some time ago, for revenge, and ended up with no way back, nor no way ahead, and lives alone, wanting to help them, but too afraid to face that nest alone. No threat to the nest, his existence serves well keeping certain pests from getting into the nest from upper caverns.

Back he scurries into his little den, free of webs, back to his sanctuary wedged between dangerous Drider nest, and the rest of Underdark, whispering to himself, whimpering, and talking to that voice in his head, likely a mark of the madness surface-dwellers experience down here. The voice of his old mentor, his dead mentor, thought of like a father, like a big brother, "Ooooh Rassiter, what do I do? What should Skrach do?"
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena peered into the bowl, drinking in the details, her dark lips pursing as she clearly was troubled by what she saw. Driders. She feared them. The priestess stifled a shudder, then glanced to the sky as she sensed the eagle's message... Unsure how to reply to the majestic bird, she chose to reply with a Sending - afterall it was a telepathic message and no language barrier would have existed there. [i:15mf25z7]"The cave... drider's settlement"[/i:15mf25z7] and then she focused, simply "showing" Valor the direction. The mental image was passed and the link ended, Luexena wiped her forehead and rose to her feet, turning to look to Kalannar. Yes, driders. I saw them. [i:15mf25z7]Nasty beings... I am surprised that they acted this way though... not their style.. but.[/i:15mf25z7]. The young priestess reached to her sword and nodded to the pirate. [i:15mf25z7]Let's go[/i:15mf25z7].
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar nodded to Luexena and began to stalk forward with the priestess. He withdrew several throwing daggers from his overly large sleeve, his eyes focusing on the Driders as he hid slipped into the shadows. He felt a bit sorry for the creatures, as it was not their fault that they were like they are, he knew well they had been cursed by their dark goddess, and he was damn happy that he wasn't full drow, otherwise she might take an interest in him, and it wasn't something he was keen on happening. Glancing over to the other,s he waited paitiently to see if they two were preparing to strike at the half drow half spiders.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: I'm going to cut this one into several posts for the sake of getting more interactions going, and so I can taylor each one to whom it applies to.

IC: The bard looks at Luaxena with a grimace when she replies, and finally pulls the daggers from his boots, swiftly shifting them to their saber form. "What do you mean? I've only ever encountered one, and that was when it was being transformed. An old teacher of mine who angered my mother. She made me watch. I still have nightmares. He tried to attack me, and even killed one of the priesteses before they got him subdued and took him down to a pit down in the dungeons. How are these behaving strangely? They take creatures back to eat them, don't they?"

Beznik scowls, and shakes his head. "Well, best get my bottles ready- and maybe a few of those egg-bombs, just in case..." He toddles off to dig into the wagon for a moment, then comes back with a very full pack that clinks when he moves, a vest covered with small pockets over his robe, and two wands tucked into his belt. A small spellbook and several large pouches hanging from the belt as well. "Ready as I'll ever be!" he announces, suddenly cheerful.

Lothir pauses to glance back at the gnome, who hs an oddly excited look on his wrinkled old face, and suddenly turns ashen. "Oh, bloody HELLS! Ah, folks, I THINK we might want to stay BEHIND the insane gnome. Trust me, it's safer..." He says, as they head back into the tunnel Kallanar came from.

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:gmumn2w8]"Patrol. Let's move. You two are welcome to come with us," [/color:gmumn2w8]

Nodding at Zana, Kathryn stood, holding a hand over her wound and looked out in the direction Zana went.

"Don't mind if I do," she murmured, glancing back once before shouldering her bag and staff and following Zana and Vlad.

She followed Zana's lead as she walked through the tunnel, dropping to a crouch beside her and leaning out slightly, grunting at the pain on her abdomen as she tried to see what Zana was looking at.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana let out a low whistle and she shoulders visibly relaxed when she saw the caravan. She smiled at the four who had turned and looked at Vlad and her, overwhelmed with joy that it was someone she recognized. "It's been a while, Lothir. You guys really gave me a scare." Though she was unfamiliar with the other two.

She saw a gnome appear, unfamiliar with him and saw he was carrying something. She tilted her head and heard Lothir's comment, eager to oblige by it.

[i:37ip8dve]At least that makes two familiar faces,[/i:37ip8dve] she said to Vlad. Kathryn, who had come along, and Lothir.

"So what exactly is going on. There's a crazy eagle flying around, and there's a whole bunch of commotion. I heard you mention Onix. What in the hells is [i:37ip8dve]he[/i:37ip8dve] doing here? And what in the nine hells is a caravan such as this doing in the Underdark? Oooh, and cute ponies," her eyes sparkled at the sight of the small horses.

Vlad rolled his eyes, [i:37ip8dve]Oh brother.[/i:37ip8dve]