"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing LiNeee's reaction, the clone couldn't help but wonder; did she actually cry for his sake or because of him. His memories of what had happened were blurred, as the after effects of his psychosis-inducing rage wore off.

Finally his fingers flexed, even as his muscles stretched to their maximum ability, and snapped taut. As he got up, Onix looked to Luexena and bowed slightly; "Ma'am, I beilieve I must thank you for whatever it was that you did. Though I'm not much of a 'faithful' man, I do believe this was something of a . . . moving experience. As such, thank you."

Then, he turned to LiNeee, as Phoebey asked [color=violet:2ntolr4t][i:2ntolr4t]"you alright boss man?"[/i:2ntolr4t][/color:2ntolr4t], and quickly felt nauseous; despite Luexena's [i:2ntolr4t]Greater Restoration[/i:2ntolr4t], Onix's body still was going through the aftershock of being subject to as intense of a stimulation as that.
"Actually, Phoebey, a little sick to the stomach at the moment; but nothing serious."
Turning to LiNeee, he found himself at a loss for words. Seeing her looking off into the distance, he decided not to push anything upon her.

[i:2ntolr4t]Let the girl catch her breath, you buffoon; she, and despite my better conscious, myself, were worried sick about you,[/i:2ntolr4t] came a welcome, sarcastic voice to the clone.
Valor came swooping down and, with three great flaps of his enormous wings, landed lightly on the clone's shoulder.

"Glad to see you too, Valor," Onix replied, ruffling the eagle's feathers with his hand.
Finally, Onix's eyes caught sight of Lothir's odd gnome friend; "Lothir, forgive me for saying so, but I don't think I caught your friend's name, for obvious reasons."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, friend might be too strong a word. More like- associate. Onix, this is-" He is cut off quite suddenly when the wrinkled little man shoves him aside rudely.

"Eh? Name's Beznik Bogglewort. That's some interestin' metal skin ye' got there, lad. What's it made of?" He asks bluntly, with hardly a pause before going on. "An' yer welcome fer th' digitalis. Had a brother once who had a bad heart. Used ta use it all th' time. I carry a li'l bit o' ev'rthin' fer 'mergencies."

The bard looks at Onix helplessly, and shrugs. "You get used to him. Just don't ever sit, stand, or walk too close to him. The guy's a walking disaster....." He says, chuckling with amusement.

"Eh?! Mind yer tongue, drow! Ye' durned elfs always think yer so smart an' superior, gotta talk like a fella' ain't e'en there! Fer yer infermation, I'm just a bit near-sighted, tha's all."

Lothir gives him a dubious look. "Not to mention clumsy. NOT a good thing in someone who habitually carries around volitile materials. I DO hope you double-packed all your usual stores of smoke powder and alchemist's fire?" He asks pointedly.

"Yeah, yeah, AN' th' egg bombs an' tindersticks." The gnome waves him off, then turns back to the rest of the group. "You folks need help, I hear. Lookin' ta go inta Menzo? Headed there meself. From the looks a ya all, yer gonna need a LOT o' help gettin' past th' patrols. Good thing they know me. Been tradin' wit' 'em fer a while now."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

As Luexena tended to Onix and the others went about their business, Kalannar sheathed his own blade and made his way to the two prisoners that they had tied up. He'd crouch near each other them, his aqua eyes piercing into each of them like drill bores. He reached back to his belt, towards his blade hilt once again, but instead, grabbed a flask and took a swig before holding it up in offering to them. " 'ow abou' a drin' while we be decidin' wha' t' be doin' wit' ya?"
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:1rnhptz2][color=darkblue:1rnhptz2]Think wisely LiNeee, do you really want to involve yourself in such an unstable being? Think of the future, think of the present...Are you ready for such a thing?[/i:1rnhptz2][/color:1rnhptz2]

As LiNeee went through every defined description of the leaf she had found on the ground, its colour fading from blue to yellow- the small realisation that it was dying, she heard Bella's question. [i:1rnhptz2]'Tis not a fact of if I am ready or not, Isabella. It is the simple fact that I...[/i:1rnhptz2] LiNeee turned to Onix, her long hair falling short of her waist as her head swivelled, those ivory lots tumbling down like a cascade of some bright waterfall. Could she really admit her feelings for him? Even though they were not strong she could still feel it, and unfortunately, she feared he could to, that was something she promised herself she wouldn't let happen, allow someone to...To love her. Why should he anyway, she was nothing but trouble.

[i:1rnhptz2][color=violet:1rnhptz2]"Actually, Phoebey, a little sick to the stomach at the moment; but nothing serious."
Turning to LiNeee, he found himself at a loss for words. Seeing her looking off into the distance, he decided not to push anything upon her. [/i:1rnhptz2][/color:1rnhptz2]

Phoebey gave a short nod, though LiNeee narrowed her eyes in worry. She let Onix talk, the strange words shared between Lothir and Beznik, she watched all too inquisitively. Though somehow, amused. After it though, when quiet had settled again- she took a step forwards and silently cleared her throat.

[i:1rnhptz2]"Onix,"[/i:1rnhptz2] she whispered, taking a few more footfalls until she joined him where he stood, [i:1rnhptz2]"tell me you will be ok..."[/i:1rnhptz2] She said, looking up into his eyes with ones that shone with a violet worry, a sadness that she couldn't get over until she knew he wouldn't be leaving. [i:1rnhptz2]"Promise me,"[/i:1rnhptz2] she breathed, holding her hand out for him to take it if he wanted to, [i:1rnhptz2]"next time you won't fight so bloomin' hard."[/i:1rnhptz2] She gave him a wry smile though stepped closer and lifted her other arm, for a hug? If he took it like that he would be succesful, if he ignored it she would hide it as a shrug.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Lothir just as Beznik shoved his way through to introduce himself.

"Pleasure to meet you, Beznik, and my suit? Well it's OMNI armor; short for Orgnaic Molecular Nanite Integrated armor. You could say it's composed of some [b:31fftnas]very[/b:31fftnas] interesting and small pieces that connect together and form a symbiotic suit of armor. Also thank you for the assistance. That's only happened once before, and the results weren't nearly as bad."

Looking to Lothir, the clone grinned a bit before nodding at the bard's comment.
"Lothir tells me that you're the one largely similar to my squad-mate, Pyro," Onix says to the gnome, before hearing Phoebey's reply and turning towards the three, just in time to see LiNeee step forwards to join him near the others. He meets her a few steps away from the crowd.

[i:31fftnas]"Onix,"[/i:31fftnas] she whispered, taking a few more footfalls until she joined him where he stood, [i:31fftnas]"tell me you will be ok..."[/i:31fftnas]

Looking down to the young drowess, the clone locks eyes with her, his own crimson orbs showing both care and also a sort of understanding of what she felt.

"Yeah, I'll be alright. That hasn't happened for a long time, and I don't intend for it to come about again," he replied softly, taking her hand in his own armored one.

"I will and promise you that, if you promise to stay damn near me next time. That was triggered because you took a hit. That's part of how I'm made; to protect others from harm, I take the harm for them," he whispered to her in return, taking her hug and embracing LiNeee with his own, well-muscled arms, enjoying the moment while it lasted, letting LiNeee let go whenever she felt the need or want to.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:20b9gqq0][color=indigo:20b9gqq0]"Yeah, I'll be alright. That hasn't happened for a long time, and I don't intend for it to come about again,"[/color:20b9gqq0] he replied softly, taking her hand in his own armored one. [/i:20b9gqq0]

LiNeee gave a soft sort of snort, one that finally placed a solemn smile on her blood tinged lips. Her eyes slowly grew bright until; again, they were a magnificent light blue. So he didn't [i:20b9gqq0]intend[/i:20b9gqq0] on nearly dying again, she figured that was a good sign. He continued; [i:20b9gqq0][color=indigo:20b9gqq0]"I will and promise you that, if you promise to stay damn near me next time. That was triggered because you took a hit. That's part of how I'm made; to protect others from harm, I take the harm for them,"[/color:20b9gqq0] he whispered to her in return, taking her hug and embracing LiNeee with his own, well-muscled arms, enjoying the moment while it lasted, letting LiNeee let go whenever she felt the need or want to. [/i:20b9gqq0]

So he had accepted the hug, she had thought just as much- and as indifferent she thought hugging a metal man was, she just seemed to like it all the better. Exotic. She bit her bottom lip as red tinged those dark cheeks of hers, though barely noticeable if one wasn't paying close attention, which she figured was about anyone. Off to the side of the group, LiNeee hugged Onix close to her, not minding in the least that some of his armor was digging into places they really shouldn't, not minding any grotesque blood or other sorts of manipulated gore was being pressed against her, only that her forehead was touching his neck, and she was close.

[i:20b9gqq0]"I promise,"[/i:20b9gqq0] she said gently, though with a voice filled with finate. [i:20b9gqq0]"I'll stay close, it's a promise, and maybe the only promise, I can make. But Onix, really? You don't and shouldn't take the harm from anyone else, they and I are all capable of a good fight and to hold their own. Please don't feel you have to take it, or even can take it."[/i:20b9gqq0] She began to pull away, but not before she stole a glance towards his eyes, her arms still firmly around him, [i:20b9gqq0]"I won't allow you till, plus- I'm fine!"[/i:20b9gqq0] She said triumphantly. She quirked a brow and gave his chin a quick kiss; [i:20b9gqq0]"shall we continue our journey?"[/i:20b9gqq0] She said, blowing wind through her teeth up to flick her fringe out of her eyes, that was the first time she began to feel self conscious, everyone must have been watching... She hastilly drew her arms back and slung them behind her back, a look of innocence. The hug might have lasted [i:20b9gqq0]just[/i:20b9gqq0] a little too long. No matter, she gave Onix a small bow before retreating a couple of steps, enough to let anyone approach him if they sought the need to- though in her head....

[i:20b9gqq0]Onix, I think I love you...[/i:20b9gqq0] The shared link between the two would save her a world of a humiliation- though she didn't wait to see his face as she turned on the spot and strode back to the waiting Phoebey and Bella, both with washed faces and bows slung over their backs- ready for what would lie ahead, and ready to forget what lay behind. The Journey.... Had just begun.
Li Neena~

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena pulled herself to her feet, straightening and picking up her sword. She disliked showing her weakness - a trait she took after her adopted Mother, Ty'el - so the young priestess just lifted her chin a notch, giving a smile to Onix and the rest, then turned to walk back to the cart with the captives by it, only to find Kalannar talking to them.

[i:1ltw31ik]I see you found them, dear Kalannar.[/i:1ltw31ik] Her hand rested upon the pirate elf's shoulder, lightly. [i:1ltw31ik]Now we need to decide what to do with you two.[/i:1ltw31ik] Her lavender gaze travelled from one bandit to another, the priestess seemed thoughtful. [i:1ltw31ik]You'll live, as I promised you would. Yet... I cannot just leave you, knowing you might continue to try and harm people. So there. What shall we do, gentlemen?[/i:1ltw31ik]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix heard LiNeee give her promise to him to stay close to him during their next battle.

"I know that, but it comes instinctive to me; if I see someone about to be put in harms way, I'll fight to the death to ensure that they won't get that harm put upon them. But yes, you're right; everyone here is capable of defending themselves and holding their own in a fight. I now know that."

He let her slowly crawl out of the embrace, accepting her kiss to the chin, which he rubbed a glove under feel. The clone had never truly known what it felt like to care about someone, not just because he had to and it was his duty, but because [b:1k06a2je]he[/b:1k06a2je] wanted to care for this drowess. Why, he didn't know, he just did.

Onix let LiNeee withdraw, accepting her bow, and returning it with a nod of his own.
[i:1k06a2je]Now why did you have to let that slip outta your grasp; I had a birds eye view up here, quite literally,[/i:1k06a2je] came Valor's chuckling thought into the clone's head.

Onix found himself feeling like an idiot; he'd completely forgotten about his avian friend perched on his shoulder, and now the eagle was rubbing it in.

[color=violet:1k06a2je][i:1k06a2je]Onix, I think I love you...[/i:1k06a2je][/color:1k06a2je]

When Onix heard this in his mind, he was blown away; never before had anyone said or mentioned the word 'love' to him, yet here was a young woman, and a drowess to boot, saying those exact words to him. It through him off completely, though he betrayed not a ounce of it on his face.

[i:1k06a2je]I feel the same about you,[/i:1k06a2je] what was he saying; he didn't know anything about love or how to deal with it. It was frustrating for the clone, but at the same time, he didn't want to let go of his one chance at a possibly normal life; hell, he'd settle for partially chaotic if it meant he'd be with LiNeee for a long time.

[i:1k06a2je]How sentimental. Ya know maybe you should talk to that Lothir chap of yours; he can probably give you [b:1k06a2je]some[/b:1k06a2je] advice on the issue of 'love'.[/i:1k06a2je]

[i:1k06a2je]You know Valor, sometimes, you're blabbering [b:1k06a2je]beak[/b:1k06a2je] knows no bounds,[/i:1k06a2je] the clone retorted quickly in his mind.

[i:1k06a2je]I live to serve,[/i:1k06a2je] the eagle replied with a low bow of his feathered head.

Onix didn't know what to say to the eagle, only to really shut up, but that wouldn't due; when Valor went on his rants, it was like trying to stop a tumbling boulder by yourself.

Onix merely sighed as LiNeee tunred away, and went back to his work. That was when he caught sight of Luexena going over to her captured bandits and asking them that loaded question.
Hearing their response, he remembered back to the conversation he had with Lothir back at the Half-Moon Inn.

[color=red:1k06a2je]
The two captured bandits looked up to Kalannar as he offered them his flask.

"Eh why not; if I'm gonna hang, mine as well give a good drink to the soul for it," retorted one of them, the bigger of the two, as he accepted the offered drink and took a swig.
He then offered it to his companion, who took it without comment, drank and handed the flask back to the pirate.

When Luexena came over and asked her question, the two responded with shrugs; "how should we know, miss?" the big one responded.[/color:1k06a2je]

"Because you've still got you're lives to be living and their not meaningless until you're dead; that's what you should know," exclaimed Onix as he stalked over to where Luexena, Kalannar and the two bandits.

Looking to Luexena, Onix inclined his head; "if you will, ma'am; perhaps I can give these two an idea that might be of benefit to the both of you and them?"
Last edited by veraka on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Before LiNeee had turned to leave, Onix had replied to her simply; [i:16tvjav7]"I know that, but it comes instinctive to me; if I see someone about to be put in harms way, I'll fight to the death to ensure that they won't get that harm put upon them. But yes, you're right; everyone here is capable of defending themselves and holding their own in a fight. I now know that."[/i:16tvjav7] She felt obliged to almost turn and meet his statement with a retort of sarcastic fashion, though what came next surprised her-

[i:16tvjav7][color=indigo:16tvjav7]I feel the same about you,[/i:16tvjav7][/color:16tvjav7] the clone had replied, giving LiNeee one of those drop-jaw moments.

Phoebey tilted her head, LiNeee was a strange girl, though it seemed like for the last hour or so- the drowess was having conversations with herself, in her own head. The thought made the teenage shifter smile, a twitch of lips and flash of indigo eyes. [i:16tvjav7][color=darkred:16tvjav7] LiNeee, not meaning to pry...But are you crazy?[/i:16tvjav7][/color:16tvjav7] She asked, a little oblivious to the fact the Clone; Onix and the Drowess shared a certain mental link. Bella on the other hand, knew exactly what was going on.

[i:16tvjav7][color=darkblue:16tvjav7]Crazy in love....[/i:16tvjav7][/color:16tvjav7] Her thought was but a whisper, though her emerald eyes were clear as day- narrowed and a twitch ignited them. [i:16tvjav7][color=darkblue:16tvjav7]Both titles would fit. Did I not explain my feelings towards this enough before, LiNeee? Or are you just too ignorant to listen?[/i:16tvjav7][/color:16tvjav7]

What happened next had both the shifters blinking; LiNeees' eyes flashed crimson and she whirled on the spot until she faced Bella fully, nostrils flared subtly and hair brushed back over her shoulders in the warm air. [i:16tvjav7]"Did I ask your opinion?!"[/i:16tvjav7] She shouted, words clipped and almost spat out, [i:16tvjav7]"no, I don't think so! Keep out of my head, Shifter!"[/i:16tvjav7] Bella felt like she'd been hit, the harshness of the Drowesses voice was thick with ivory ice, it made a chill crawl up the shifters spine. [i:16tvjav7][color=darkblue:16tvjav7]"I-I didn't mean to offend you, LiNeee..."[/i:16tvjav7][/color:16tvjav7] She began her plead gently, only to recieve a soft hiss in return and fangs bared as the Drowess stepped past her fuming.

After the Drowess had dissapeared into the brush, Bella turned to Phoebey- [i:16tvjav7][color=darkblue:16tvjav7]"touchy subject,"[/i:16tvjav7][/color:16tvjav7] she whispered, giving Phoebey the chance to finally smile, even a giggle she produced. It was good to release the tension in the air, the girls soon forgot about LiNeee's snap and toddled over to join the rest. LiNeee would eventually return, until then; the shifters would do what they could to help the group.
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Okay, moving on....

IC: Beznik quirks up a bushy brow at the news that he's been mentioned before, but looks intensely curious about the armor. "If'n it happens again, lem'me know. Might be ye' got a bad ticker. I hear it 'appens be'times. OMNI? Might have to get a better look at that armor later. That stuff come off?" he asks, looking Onix up and down carefully. "Don't know what any of that other stuff means, but I do understand symbiotic. So you've got some sort of critters bonded to ye'? Don't s'poose ye'd let me study 'em, eh?"

He turns to the bard, and scowls slightly. "Jest what 'ave ye' been tellin' folks 'bout me, anyhow?" The bard gives him a sheepish look, and shrugs, with an oddly mischievous grin, and turns away.

At last the gnome jogs back over to his cart, and hops up. "A'right folks! E'rybody listen up! We best be gettin' a move on, cause it's a long way down inta th' city, an' we're wastin' time wit' all'o this here mushy stuff an' talkin' 'bout hangin' folks. i say we takes 'em wit' us. If'n they misbehave, we can always leave 'em somewhere as critter food." He shrugs, and clucks to his pony as he flicks the reins lightly on its back. It nickers, and plods on down the trail.

"Well, you heard him, everyone. Guess we'll just have to take these four with us for now." Lothir says with a shrug, and hauls up the tied-up half-elf, setting him down into the seat beside him as he hops up onto it. "You're up here so I can keep an eye on you," he says casually, and stares hard at the bandit. "And I meant what I said- think about that offer. You could do a lot better than this- a life on the run is no way to live, believe me. Who knows? Maybe one day you could even find a place of your own, where you'll be accepted. It just takes time and patience- and hard work. If I can do it, being what I am, then so can you."

He nods toward the female, and gives her a friendly smile. "Would you mind putting your sleeping beauty friend over there in the wagon and tying him up for now? We can let him loose later if he promises to behave." The woman considers for a moment, glancing down at her unconscious pillow, and nods with a grin.

"Right! What do I tell him when he wakes up?" She asks, puzzled.

"Tell him he's going to be the guest of honor for a drow religeous ceremony if he gets out of line," snickers the bard, with a wicked grin. She chuckles, and nods, then begins tying the half-orc securely to put him into the back of the wagon. "Oh, what's your name?" He asks, almost as an afterthought. He clucks to his own pony, and calls out to the group, "Let's move out! We've got lives and souls to save!"

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1385n6ds]Do what you think is best, dear Onix[/i:1385n6ds]. Luexena wiped her forehead tiredly, the [i:1385n6ds]Greater Restoration[/i:1385n6ds] surely left her noticably drained. She wiped Erel'lua'ae carefully, cleaning it from the blood, then sheathed the blade, moving to the side now, letting Onix deal with the bandits. [i:1385n6ds]Yes, let's move out already.[/i:1385n6ds]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee slumped down onto a large fallen tree, its trunk covered in lime moss, like a carpet. She smiled down at it- so natural, so free. Unlike her? Why wasn't she those things? Because her heart was inflicting her decisions, changing her mind every second or two and causing her snaps to happen more frequently. The girls would begin to grow sick of them, and so would LiNeee. She sighed gently, leaning down to drag her fingers finely across the velvet like greenery, it was so simple unlike the journey she had voulenteered to attend. [i:3dy5tc3k]Not like I wouldn't have, the girls would have spoken me in to it...[/i:3dy5tc3k] She thought to herself, not realising she hadn't shut the link between her, Phoebey and Bella- maybe even Onix if he cared to listen. [i:3dy5tc3k]I can't put them in danger...Choosing bad, or even odd decisions instead of thinking of others, I can't keep putting my needs first.[/i:3dy5tc3k] She nodded once, and as a whisper- a thought which was not her own, entered her mind;

[i:3dy5tc3k][color=darkblue:3dy5tc3k]We all care about you, LiNeee. The decisions you make good or bad, we will stand by your side because you're worth it. You have to understand that, because by the time some people do, it's way to late.[/i:3dy5tc3k][/color:3dy5tc3k]

LiNeee stood from the log and wrapped her arms around herself as a figure walked out from the shade of an old oak tree- Bella. [i:3dy5tc3k][color=darkblue:3dy5tc3k]"You have to realise this LiNeee... We [b:3dy5tc3k]all[/b:3dy5tc3k] care and don't you even for one second think Onix doesn't! That's not what we are here for sister, we are here to save those lives of children, like I saved yours when you were thirteen. Do you remember?"[/i:3dy5tc3k][/color:3dy5tc3k] LiNeee nodded silently, a smile tinging her lips as the reverie hit her. Bella had pulled her up onto the ivory horse, its coat so shiny in the dawning sunlight. She gave a gentle sigh and walked towards Bella, who met her outstretched arms with a tight hug. [i:3dy5tc3k]"I've been foolish sister I know, is there time for me to fix what I've done?"[/i:3dy5tc3k] Bella nodded and lead LiNeee back towards the cart.

Phoebey watched eagerly, wondering what Onix had instore for the bandits- wondering when Bella would return with LiNeee even though the elder shifter had not spoken a word of her venture. They returned shortly after holding hands, smiling at each other and laughing. Phoebey grinned and turned back to Lothir who had just spoken, announcing that they would shortly be on the move again. [i:3dy5tc3k][color=darkred:3dy5tc3k]"We are ready to go again,"[/i:3dy5tc3k][/color:3dy5tc3k] Phoebey said over her shoulder to Bella and LiNeee, the Shifter and the Drowess nodded and gave each other another hug, she heard LiNeee whisper- [i:3dy5tc3k]"I love you, sister.."[/i:3dy5tc3k] Which was returned by Bella's kiss to the forehead, [i:3dy5tc3k][color=darkblue:3dy5tc3k]"as I care for you."[/i:3dy5tc3k][/color:3dy5tc3k]

LiNeee walked over to where Onix was standing, looking down at the bandits. Phoebey and Bella climbed up onto the cart once again, ready for when it would begin it's journey. So lazy. The Drowess snorted at them, a grin rare upon her face these days showing as she fetched her dagger that had been conveniently dropped, facing upwards. [i:3dy5tc3k]Dangerous,[/i:3dy5tc3k] she thought, flicking it into its holster lightly. [i:3dy5tc3k]"So, which way?"[/i:3dy5tc3k] She asked Lothir, striding confidentally back to the cart, bow strung over her back though it had been there the whole time, and a face ready for a war, or anything in between.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone nodded towards Luexena, and turned back toward the two bandits.
"Well, gents; if you're willing, I'm willing to take you two in and train you both in the arts of war myself, if you'd like."

The glances he got from the both of them told the clone that he'd need to explain a little more about his idea for them.
"Come on; up, your feet," Onix said, offering a hand towards one of the bandits.

[color=red:f3c2ddb3]The larger bandit accepted the clone's hand and was surprised as Onix yanked him up off the ground, the strength behind the grip amazing.
"Ya know, we could just make a run for it right now as ye're movin out," offered smaller bandit to Onix.[/color:f3c2ddb3]

The clone shrugged as he started out walking; "it's your call; but do keep in mind, you're both weaponless and we're near an entrance to the Underdark. So you can run off, but I think your chances of living through this ordeal would be increased by sticking with us. Now, if you two'll listen, I'll be more than happy to tell you both my offer."

At the nods of the both of them, Onix continued; "well, gents, I was talking things over with a friend of mine to start a . . mercenary band, if you will; sorta like you're own little bandit troupe, but one that's actually devoted to protecting those who are innocent, versus stealing from them, like you boys did. My offer to you is this; join my little company as whatever you both are; scout, fighter, archer, whatever. I will train you both to be more proficient than you are with a blade, and keep you both well fed, and a constant payroll coming in to both of ya. Do we have an accord?" Onix raised a black brow to them both as he walked on.

[color=red:f3c2ddb3]The two bandits looked at each other and shrugged.
"Doin O' bit of honest work, ehh? And you'd teach the two of us how to fight like how you did back there to devastate our gang?" The big one looked to the smallfry. When he nodded, the big one turned to Onix and replied; "alright, sir; we'en both suppose that we can accept your offer, on one condition though."[/color:f3c2ddb3]

"Name it," Onix replied, not missing a beat.

[color=red:f3c2ddb3]"You gotta let us help out our own back at our camp. Otherwise they'll starve through the season."[/color:f3c2ddb3]

"Very well; I'll accept that. Now then, if you two are the first of my company, then you'd both do well to remember me as 'Captain'," Onix said, his tone one of that of a battle-hardened commander; "understood?"

[color=red:f3c2ddb3]Aye, Capitain." The now-two recruits spoke.[/color:f3c2ddb3]

"Good," said the clone as he nodded towards them; "now until we reach our destination, stay by the carts, and if myself, Luexena," he gestured towards the priestess, "or the bard over there, Lothir, gives either of you an order, you follow it, to the letter. Got it?"

When Onix saw his two newest recruits give him nods each, he was satisfied.

[i:f3c2ddb3]Quite admirably done, my oversized friend,[/i:f3c2ddb3] said Valor in the clone's head; [i:f3c2ddb3]perhaps Lothir's talk with you has made you rethink your decision to leave?[/i:f3c2ddb3]

[i:f3c2ddb3]Let's just say I've got more than one reason to stay,[/i:f3c2ddb3] replied Onix.

Through his odd telepathic link that he shared with LiNeee, Onix overheard her; [color=violet:f3c2ddb3][i:f3c2ddb3]I can't put them in danger...Choosing bad, or even odd decisions instead of thinking of others, I can't keep putting my needs first.[/i:f3c2ddb3][/color:f3c2ddb3]

Through their own link, the clone calmly responded [i:f3c2ddb3]Ya know, LiNeee, if one doesn't have their needs met before anything else, how are they supposed to function out on their own? You can put your needs first, but remember, that we are on a bigger than life mission, and one flaw on any of our parts, could result in the deaths of innocent young ones; I don't want that to happen. And don't forget, I do care about you, in more ways than I thought, and I won't forget about you. Try and keep that in mind as we go onward. Something a good friend of mine once told me; 'Let your heart roam free, but don't let it run wild.'[/i:f3c2ddb3]
Onix kept their link open if LiNeee wanted to talk to him.

With that said, the clone jogged up to the front of the caravan, still intent on answering Beznik's questions.

As he came up upon the gnome, Onix mentally remembered the questions that the crazy gnome had asked him.

"If it isn't a bad time, Beznik," the clone started as he approached the gnome from behind; "I'll let you in on your curiosities."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Nah, it ain't a bad time. Ye' din't answer my questions yet. Coes that stuff come off, if'n it's bonded to ye'? How do ye' take a piss or sleep? Or, uh- ye' know...?" He gives Onix a meaningful look, then jerks his head back toward Li'Neee. "So ye've got an eye on that little thing there? Pretty, if'n ye' like them elf lasses. Never had much use fer elves, meself. Too flighty an' snobbish."

He wrinkles his nose, then continues. "Might like to see them weapons of yours, too. The knife-ear over there told me a bit about you an' yer kin. Clones, huh? Like the spell? Ain't that sort o' thing dangerous to use?" He nods toward Lothir, and shrugs.

As the group winds its way through the forest, the trees begin to thin out and the path becomes more rocky and uneven, slowly leading into a deep cleft between two ridges of a mountain. further down the trail, one can see a large opening ahead, with its entrance gaping like an open mouth, the interior in deep shadow.

Before long, the cleft begins to close in on either side, becoming narrower and forcing the wagons to stay on the narrow path, with little room on either side. Soon he lead cart with Beznik at the reins enters the dark, rough-hewn tunnel into the mountain itself. He motions for everyone to follow quietly, pointing up to a large out-crop of rocks hanging perilously overhead above the entrance. His gestures are clearly meant to warn of possible rock-slides.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee's cheeks were a bright red against the ebon as Onix replied, she was embarrased, humiliated. However, she listened to his words closely and took them to heart, not just letting them float away like some old ranter. The troop was back on the path then, Lothir up front leading and Onix and Bexnik talking, as the fellows did. LiNeee grinned and placed a hand on the hilt of her right-hipped dagger, her footsteps light as they made their way toward the mountains. She was observant, her light eyes darting around the surrounding brush and mountain-ranges for any crimson peering eyes, she wondered how close it were for night to fall again, they must have been fighting for longer than she'd thought.

As they began the steady decline along the tunnel path, the cart close to each edge- giving no room at all for one to get from the front to the back of the cart, or from the back to front. So, LiNeee couldn't get to Onix. She sighed, smiling weakly to herself as she looked down, kicking at a small pebble in her path. [i:557enqo1][color=darkred:557enqo1]On the road again,[/i:557enqo1][/color:557enqo1] Phoebeys voice entered in a rythmic tune, followed closely by Bella's small giggle which was cut off as Lothir gave them a warning look, LiNeee already knowing what- she'd seen the rocks.

So she trailed on after the cart silently, hand on the hilt and her eyes peeled for any unwanted movements. None as yet, but they weren't in the clear, and wouldn't be until the journey was over. It was like it was all making sense to her now, the seriousness of the acts she had signed up for, and she was ready to take it.

[i:557enqo1]Bella, I can't see what's up ahead, are you watching?[/i:557enqo1] She asked through the link, Bella's subtle nod from atop the cart was obvious. LiNeee resigned to tagging along, not having any hope in getting up front. They needed someone back here anyway. She glanced over her shoulder, just checking, before striding on after the cart graciously.
Li Neena~