"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Come Little Children..."

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Continuing on from the Half Moon Inn, we head out through the woods to the entrance to the Underdark, to meet up with our guide- a very eccentric little fellow with some , er, UNUSUAL interests....

IC: Lothir clucks to the pony, turning the cart down a narrow trail leading off into the nearby woods, towards a distant group of large rocky hills to the north-west. The little gray pony plods along quietly, its harness jingling with a few small brass bells, clearly meant for embellishment. The bard pulls up a small canopy over the top of the cart, which is bright red, and edged with little yellow tassels along the sides. A narrow bench sits just behind the driver's seat, covered with soft red cushions. The rest of the cart is filled with the various odds and ends he picked up earlier, including a very large cask.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue sat upon the red cushion, contemplating the scenery and evaluating each of those traveling down. it was an odd bunch that was for sure. some she knew, some she had no clue of or even the slightest idea.
unwelcomed thoughts crept in, so in order to keep her mind clear, she decided to check out the supplies that were picked up.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turned to Zarae and Lothir, replying to both at once; "Shrink me down to size, huh? I'm not sure that's a good idea. After all, the [i:3v6ptpcg]feathered[/i:3v6ptpcg] one would have a problem with that."

Valor looked down at the clone; [i:3v6ptpcg]indeed[/i:3v6ptpcg] was all he said.

"A female drow expects me beg in front of her; [b:3v6ptpcg]this[/b:3v6ptpcg] is going to test my nerves," Onix said in a half-mocking, half-sarcastic tone.

The clone then turned around as LiNeee and her two friends strode up.
[color=indigo:3v6ptpcg][i:3v6ptpcg]"so, Lothir. Still in need of a few dancers on the road to Menzo?"[/i:3v6ptpcg] She said this with a sway of her hips, all three girls grinning widely.[/color:3v6ptpcg]

Onix found himself smirking at the three girls, LiNeee in particular, shaking his head all the while.

The clone then picked what Lothir said first; [color=blue:3v6ptpcg]"We're doomed...." he says in a very low, quiet tone. "All doomed..."[/color:3v6ptpcg].
Striding up to the bard as he hopes onto the cart, Onix says in an even softer tone; "if you keep that attitude up, we will be; or did someone else tell me those words." The clone then gives a cocked brow to Lothir with a small smile on his pale face.

As Lothir shouts out commands, Onix takes up a position next to Lothir's cart, pulls out his helmet, and latches it in place a top his armor, becoming once again, the unknown soldier that he always thought he was, but somehow, knew that he was more.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

The strange droning sound from earlier that day began again, with the green clad elf sitting on the tail-gate (OOC: is it really a tailgate?) of the cart, playing his bag-pipes.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena blinked as she felt Kalannar's arm around her and furrowed her brows a little, regarding the half-drow pirate. But before she said something about him getting too close to her, he slpped away, leaving her a bottle in her hands. The young priestess stood there for a moment, then just shook her head. [i:3azrz9ob]It is just a test of patience, right, my Lady?[/i:3azrz9ob] She muttered and hurried to the inn, to gather her possessions and put her armor on - surely she did not find travelling unarmored a good idea.

Finally she stepped out of the inn, casting the last glance at it. [i:3azrz9ob]Ready to go, Kalannar?[/i:3azrz9ob] If so, let us. She approached Lothir's cart and smiled some, wrapping her shawl around the slender shoulders, walking along with it, used to traveling by foot.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard seems almost to enjoy himself as the little band starts off, looking down to see Luaxena walking along beside the cart. "There is a spot up here for you, milady, if you wish it," he offers, with a polite nod. Then the bagpipes start up from he back of the cart, and he turns with an almost pained look on his face, to glance back at the strange elf sitting on the back playing.

"Aye, my EARS!! What IS that infernal sound? I'd swear it was the howling of the Abyss!" he says, giving he elf a look that says he has never heard such a sound.

A moment later, he is almost relieved to her a voice calling from the door to the inn. He glances back, and is startled to see Vala standing there, a babe on each hip, staring after them anxiously. He looks slightly chastised, and hands the reins over to Zarae for a moment.

"Hold these- I'll be right back! Goddess, I can't believe I forgot!!" He exclaims, and hops off, sprinting back to Vala. "Um, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run off without- " he starts to say, but she only shakes her head and smiles.

"I understand. I know this means a great deal to you. I wish I could go too, but..." She shrugs helplessly, nodding to the two infants in her arms. He smiles, and wraps his arms around all three.

"I'll be careful, melamin, I promise. And I'll come back as soon as possible. Vala, I..." he trails off, not quite able to say what he feels.

"I know," she replies, answering the unspoken words. "I'll be here when you get back." She smiles, and they kiss for just a moment, before he turns away reluctantly to return to the cart. He takes the reins back from Zarae, and sighs, but now he looks a little sad to be leaving.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee noticed Onix's little smirk and suddenly felt self-conscious, giving a shy smile as she moved off to the other cart Phoebey and Bella had been trying to hook up before. [i:1knfui0v][color=darkblue:1knfui0v]"We're on the road again,"[/i:1knfui0v][/color:1knfui0v] Bella chorused, clapping her hands and jingling her hips with a sly grin as she pushed LiNeee's shoulder forwards; causing the girl to topple forwards and land on the ground next to the cart.

[i:1knfui0v]"Bella, what the hell? Go do something useful!"[/i:1knfui0v] LiNeee snapped, getting up and dusting herself off. Bella frowned and turned away from the Drow, LiNeee watching as the charcoal-hair, elf- swung up onto the cart next to Phoebey who was already up there behind Lothir and Onix. LiNeee grinned and shook her head as she turned back and rummaged through her pack; taking out four pieces of armor. [i:1knfui0v]"Please... Eilistraee, hear my prayers"[/i:1knfui0v] she began, hugging each piece close to her bust- [i:1knfui0v]"tuck us under your wing, hold us, guide us. Keep us together and let us be strong. Your daughter on the surface- LiNeee..."[/i:1knfui0v] She was looking at the stars, though they were hard to see as the sun began to cause an orb of light blue, burst from the horizon. LiNeee's skin itched only slightly as she took the cloak off, letting it pool behind her heels.

She sighed; shivering as the chilly wind nipped at her bare skin.
[i:1knfui0v]Bare?[/i:1knfui0v] she thought looking down- yes bare. LiNeee was clad in a white, lacey slip. See-through for the most of it. She blushed radiantly and slinked out of sight, hoping only slightly that Onix hadn't seen it. [i:1knfui0v]"Damn Phoebey, only packing things like this,"[/i:1knfui0v] LiNeee breathed, wiping a tear of annoyance off her face.
She looked down at the four pieces of armor, an ivory dress, sliced up the sides on each; giving her room to breathe. She pulled it on; smiling as the alabaster material clung to every curve and muscle LiNeee's small body had. The cuts ran up each leg and closed at the hip, she leant down and pulled up her leg armors, buckling them tightly around her thighs; there, she deposited two daggers into the sheaths. [i:1knfui0v]Almost ready,[/i:1knfui0v] she told herself as she shook her dress out and grabbed the third piece she had withdrawn from her bag; her shoulder straps. Really, the things didn't hide her shoulders at all, they tucked under her arms and crissed over her breasts, joining in a large sphere at the front; this, had a picture of a full moon on it, a small picture of Eilistraee printed over it. She wrapped her fingers around it; feeling safer, wiser, even more couragious.

Last, she brang out her boots, studded at the bottom and all around the sides with poisonous spikes, she had no idea what kind of poison; only that the last person she had kicked with them was dead within minutes. She pulled them on, doing up the many straps that lead down the outer-edges. Finally, from her bag she brang forth her two onix daggers, giving each hilt a kiss, she smiled and slid them down inside her boots.

([url=http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/dx200 ... g:1knfui0v]LiNeee[/url:1knfui0v])

[i:1knfui0v][color=darkblue:1knfui0v]Are you coming?[/i:1knfui0v][/color:1knfui0v] Came Bella's voice from within her head, she nodded; even though the elf couldn't see her, and strode into the clearing, pack in her left hand; dangling by one of the shoulder straps. [i:1knfui0v][color=darkred:1knfui0v]"You look great LiNeee!"[/i:1knfui0v][/color:1knfui0v] Phoebey said in a childish voice, causing another blush to ripen in LiNeee's cheeks and smile to flourish at her lips. [i:1knfui0v]"Head in the game, Phoebs."[/i:1knfui0v] She told the younger girl as she placed her pack into the cart and zipped it up.

[i:1knfui0v]"Alright... Let's go."[/i:1knfui0v] She said, giving the cart a small hit as she positioned herself next to it, her boots making only the smallest indents in the dirt.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="LiNeee":2kojsyn3][i:2kojsyn3]"Bella, what the hell? Go do something useful!"[/i:2kojsyn3][/quote:2kojsyn3]

At the ruckus that ensued from behind, Onix turned his [url=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/ ... g:2kojsyn3]helmeted[/url:2kojsyn3] head around. He found himself staring at LiNeee's bare form; the clone felt his face heat up as blood surged through his veins, turning his pale skin a nice hue of light-red. He quickly snapped his head around to face the front.

[i:2kojsyn3]I never thought I'd be saying this, but thank you, Dark Dancer, for visored helmets,[/i:2kojsyn3] Onix thought to himself, shaking his head slightly. Though he had to admit, he did find LiNeee in that moment . . . alluring.

[i:2kojsyn3]Ahhh, and so the hopeless romantic finally admits it,[/i:2kojsyn3] came Valor's dry wit in the clone's head.

[i:2kojsyn3]Admit what?[/i:2kojsyn3] the clone shot back mentally.

The eagle nipped at his feathers with his long beak, then turned his sharp, sea-crest eyes towards a helmeted Onix; [i:2kojsyn3]One, that you're attraction for that LiNeee girl has an instinctive level to it; and Two, that her physical form is pleasing to you; that's what.[/i:2kojsyn3]

It was a good thing Onix was wearing his helmet, that no one could see through to his face, and also that Valor couldn't speak common.

[i:2kojsyn3]Inform your singing, musical friend that I shall fly ahead and see what is up for us to pass over, under, or around.[/i:2kojsyn3] With that said, Valor let out his usual eagle call, it's sharp sound echoing through the woods, extended his massive wings and launched off of Onix's shoulder. The push that the eagle gave Onix shoved him back a little.

Shaking his head, the clone muttered; "I swear that that bird choose me just because he knew how to annoy me and get away with it."

Turning to the bard, the clone said "well Lothir, we've got an eye in the sky until we get to this [b:2kojsyn3]contact[/b:2kojsyn3] of yours."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Looking up, the bard nods to Onix. "What's the story behind the bird, anyway?" He asks. "Been wondering about him for a while now. The trail to the caves should be safe enough- my friend Talwyn and I have kept this area pretty clean of bandits and other rifraf recently. you'd like him, Onix. A knight of Torm, and as big a joker as I am- maybe even worse. Palax could learn a thing or two from him," he grins, and points ahead. "The trail bends a bit about a mile up ahead, and then crosses a stream. Nothing too difficult."

The scenery is pretty, with deep woods, clear skies, and a warm afternoon, the bard puts his hood up, though, clearly uncomfortable about being in the bright sun, in spite of the shade from the trees. "One good thing about going down there," he muses, "I won't have to contend with the sun. Still bothers me- even after over two years."

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:117ysz8g]"Yes, please do tell Onix-"[/i:117ysz8g] LiNeee said as she came up behind Onix, she had heard the bards question about Valor and she herself had been wondering about the bird. After the little show with Bella and the small elf being the horse LiNeee had owned since she was ten; she now expected the unexpected. Thinking of that, she tilted her head upwards to Bella and Phoebey who were propped up on the cart, through her head she whispered; [i:117ysz8g]Bells, what happened to Destiny?[/i:117ysz8g] She asked, recieving no reply from the pouting elf. LiNeee sighed and looked back at Onix, a small smile tinging her lips; what was going to happen with him? Bella had said to leave him along- though how could she when, whenever she looked at him; her whole body just seemed to want him.

She sighed again, this time barely noticeable, however she did notice the surroundings- she'd forgotten the last time she had ventured out past the lands of her father. She needed to, maybe that is why she was on this quest. LiNeee placed a hand on the side of the cart and walked along with it; listening to anything she could- a smile plastered on her ravenish lips.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks to Lothir, and upon hearing LiNeee, spins his head around to find her behind him. He takes off his helmet, and returns her smile, then looks up into the sky, starting his tale as he does; "In a very [b:2jy3y9mt]large[/b:2jy3y9mt] nutshell, I came across him when I was basically placed down on Toril's surface when the [i:2jy3y9mt]Nighthammer[/i:2jy3y9mt] and her captain decided to go exploring [b:2jy3y9mt]this[/b:2jy3y9mt] galaxy and all it's wonders, whatever might be out there. So there I was not a clue what to do, roaming around aimlessly for two, maybe three days."

The clone continued, looking up into the now mourning sky as he did so; "On the third or forth day, I stumbled upon a few families making their way to some huge ocean sea in the middle of Faerun, where I first splashed down the first time you and I met one another. Sea of Fallen Stars!"
Shaking the memory away, Onix continued; "Well, long story short here was five or so families, elven, with their human spouses and half-elf children, looking at me cause I asked them, in sylvan, where I could find you or Zarae, or any of the others that me and the squad met here. I'm still not sure if it was my armor or just me asking where I could find a pair of drow, who knows." He shrugged his armored shoulders, and then continued.

"Anyways, all of us came under assault from a raiding band of those furry bastards. . . Gnolls, I think you call them. The put up quite the fight at first, but then Valor and couple of friends of his , swooped down and blinded the one I was clashing with. I tell you Lothir, I [b:2jy3y9mt]never[/b:2jy3y9mt] want to be on the receiving end of those talons if an eagle's pissed at me. Suffice to say that the hairy bastard lost his vision in under a second, and then a quick flaying from my katanas finished him off. Well after Valor and I were done skinning them alive, tough bastards as they were, one of the couples there, a young couple at that, came up and said that Valor was intent on figuring out why I would cross paths with a war party of gnolls, where most in my position would rather choose to take the easy prey and be done with it."

"At first I was astounded that they even came up and asked me that; but I later learned that the both of them were druids, so being able to understand an eagle is childs play to them. I answered the couple as I did you when we first met, and the asked me if I could hear the bird. I said no and they asked, have I ever opened myself up to such thoughts. Well, I didn't know what to even do, so they offered to teach me how to communicate with the feather-head. Within two days, I was able to understand Valor and from there we became friends. He had a desire for adventure and had said that his life was mundane. I figured an eye in the sky was always a nice thing to have, so we teamed up. After a while I kinda grew fond of him, so now we're friends. Most folks here on Toril ask me if I'm a ranger," Onix said laughing as he did so; "Imagine that me, whatever a ranger is, here on this rock."
Last edited by veraka on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow listens to his tale, and finally looks back up at the sky, to the bird, then bursts out laughing. "A ranger?! well, now- who would have believed it!" He keeps laughin so hard it looks like he might actually fall out of the wagon, almost loosing the reins. The pony gives a little snort as if to agree.

At last he stops, and looks at Onix thoughtfully. "Did those guys ever say when they were coming back? Or did they just leave you here? And where exactly did they go? come to think of it, though, you DO seem like a good candidate for that sort of life. Roaming the land, keeping the vermin- intelligent or otherwise- under control, protecting the decent folk around here. It would be a good life. Not for me, mind you, but..." He shrugs. "I'm just a little too sociable to spend much time alone like that, myself. Besides, you can't perform when there's no audience!" He grins impishly.

Then he gives the clone an odd look. "What did those people say when you asked about drow?"

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Thalion grinned and purposefully played louder.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

looking off in the distance she took the reigns long enough then handed them back, noticing the sadness.
"have you thought about crafting or having crafted something to where yall can 'communicate' over long distances? if i remember right, Veraka, the big guy from the inn," not sure exactly how well the bard knew the aasimir, "he and his wife have something like that."

the noise started up louder.
"its ok to put it out of its misery," she said to the elf playing bag half joking.
noticing the exchange between the clone and the unknown female as well as the youngling traveling with her. she just shrugged. (she doesnt know Li, her group, the elf on the back; or are we saying intros were done off screen?[/size:1n4wvanc]) and the bull's reaction to it as well (if i remember correctly)[/size:1n4wvanc].
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix gives a befuddles look to Lothir when the bard burst out laughing. When the bard finally calms down, the clone responds to his questions; "well, to start off with, no they didn't say when, and second, No as well, at least until they return and then they'll have an answer."
The clone looks slightly bemused; "Lothir, my mothership went to explore the rest of your galaxy, that's where, so anywhere amongst the night time stars you see, they could be up there, near it."

Onix then stops when the bard says that he would be a good ranger, despite his not even knowing what it was.
"Ummm Lothir, are you sure you're all up there?" the clone asked, pointing towards his head to emphasize his question, then chuckled a little.

"I'm joking; but in all actuality, why do you think that about me; I mean, even if I am suited for that style of life, part of me wants to know what some of my fellow marines' lives are like. To have a lover or special other, maybe even a child between them. These questions and many more similar were always floating around in my head. However, up until now, I never really had given much thought to them for the simple and very real reason that half of the time I was fighting for my very existence against enemy soldiers or worse, Leechers. I suppose, now that I've been given the chance, I'm kinda thinking about the possibility of . . . " Onix let the words trail off as he glanced over his shoulder at LiNeee.

Seeing her smiling face, the clone quickly realized that he was staring at her. Whipping his head around, he said,

"AHhh, hells, Lothir, we talked about all this, remember?" the clone put a hand to his face, shaking his head all the while.
"Ah what does it matter, I don't know if I could live the solitary life anyways,. . . . it just doesn't feel right, like I would be missing something," he paused for a moment, then, looking up into the distance, said in a near whisper, "or someone[/size:m7tsc2zi]."

Lothir's last question caught the clone off guard, throwing his thoughts in that moment out the window.
"What they said? Well some of 'em offered words praise, for the Dark Dancers, I would guess; others, not so much. They were really more interested in the oddity of my appearance I guess, because by the time I got around to asking them a second time, almost all of them said they didn't know you personally. One of them I had to. . . [b:m7tsc2zi]re-educate[/b:m7tsc2zi] him of his opinions; of course, the bastard had more prejudices than just drow. Hell, the [i:m7tsc2zi]fierfekker[/i:m7tsc2zi] hated the elves around him as much as he hated my appearance."
Last edited by veraka on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix