"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena looked to Lothir. [i:336erwxa]Exactly. They do not mate with females, nor they transform others into driders. This powerful curse can only be bestowed by the Spider Queen's priestesses, my friend. Besides they are often insane, yet these act oddly... they are quite sane, seek to use the captives to sate their carnal needs and then transform them. It makes no sense as it's... unheard of.[/i:336erwxa] Then she nodded and paused, letting the gnome head forward.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

The girls grimaced as each was taken into the side room off from the main nest, LiNeee was still wondering what an earth they wanted from three females, one of them drow. She sighed gently as one of the Arachne -like soldiers placed her on the floor in her coccoon of silken web. Beside her Phoebey was placed, and beside her; Bella, who was squirming and screaming. Phoebey was trying her best to calm the other Shifter, whispering words of comfort and throwing things at her telepathically. None which worked.

After all she'd been through, after the hardships, the close escapes...LiNeee, a drow of a rather young age, still so much to learn- had given up completely. No one would find them here, she was going to have eight legs and a horrible torso, maybe it wouldn't be so bad? [i:3azdkyrx]I don't want to be a drider,[/i:3azdkyrx] she told herself, though Phoebey heard her, and the attempts to stop Bella from screaming ceased as the girl turned her head towards LiNeee with a look of solemn sadness, [i:3azdkyrx][color=darkred:3azdkyrx]"don't you give up LiNeee, we need you..."[/i:3azdkyrx][/color:3azdkyrx] She forced through trembling lips. Bella finally fell silent, only because another 'lovebite' was emitted to her neck. Phoebey went stiff as the Drider turned around and started joking with one of the others. [i:3azdkyrx][color=darkred:3azdkyrx]LiNeee! Straighten up![/i:3azdkyrx][/color:3azdkyrx]

LiNeee leant to the side gently, there was no hope... No life for her. She'd be a drider for the rest of her life and be dominated by one of these males. Tears stung at her irisis, she let her eyelids droop shut and she fell sideways onto the floor.

[i:3azdkyrx][color=darkred:3azdkyrx]Onix... If you can hear me, we really need your help. I know you're probably on your way, but... LiNeee gave up hope. Please hurry![/i:3azdkyrx][/color:3azdkyrx] Phoebey sent out, completely unsure how or if it would get through to Onix, but her faith was alot higher than it could have been. She couldn't ask for anything else on this world, only that LiNeee have her hope restored.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard listens to Luaxena's thoughts, then nods. "I suppose you're right- unless they intend to transform them in order to increase their numbers, perhaps? That might make sense. I'm not sure if driders can even reproduce that way, but what if they found a way, and simply need females to breed with?" The question comes as if it were the most logical conclusion, as he turns to Zana and Kathryn.

"You've come at a bad time, ladies. We've lost three of our number to some driders, and it appears they may be using them for some purpose we don't yet know. Or perhaps the Maiden sent you to aid us? Onix is here too- he just went rushing off to try to find the girls who were taken. The eagle is his," he adds as an afterthought.

-------------------------------------------

As Onix stalks along the tunnels, he hears Valor's reply at almost the same time as he hears LiNeee's plea. Then, a few moments later, he hears Phoebe's call as well. He has no knowledge of where they are, only a vague sense of direction, down here in the dark twisting passages. Yet there might be hope- he can feel that they are somewhere not far away....

------------------------------------------

Li'Neee, Phoebe, and Bella finally come around completely, only to see the driders from before enter the small chamber they are in, along with a new one- this one is female, with a larger body and longer legs. She wears a holy symbol of Lolth, and the remains of a priestess's robes.

"Excellent work, my pets. These three will do nicely for the ritual. They will be fine breeders, I'm sure," says the female on examining them, and smiles in satisfaction.

OOC: I'll post the next bit tomorrow, as I need to break it up for the others. I'll get to everyone though- promise! and sorry for the delay, but my PC was quite literally frozen during our recent snowstorm. That's the part of staying in my parents' camper that really sucks. If the weather gets too cold, my PC won't run out here.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar hadn't noted the look on the gnomes face at first. But when he did, images flashed through the pirates mind, like a rogues gallery flip book going through it faces of past gnomes with a look of glee, greatness, or happiness barraged him, and then another flip book appeared right next to it, as he remembered everything that went awry afterwards. Quickly bhe back tracked to the ground and popped bakc out of the shadows once again and grabbed both Lothir's and Luexena's hand pulling harshly. [i:3flf9t6t]"Ge' back! Th' gnome be plannin' somethin'! We need t' ge' a safe distance!"[/i:3flf9t6t]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=violet:2v0dc255]Onix... If you can hear me, we really need your help. I know you're probably on your way, but... LiNeee gave up hope. Please hurry![/color:2v0dc255]

[i:2v0dc255]Onix, your priestess friend relayed these to me for you.[/i:2v0dc255]

The sudden rush of images, mixed with Phoebey's immediate cry-out for him due to LiNeee now giving into her fears and losing all hope for the future.

[i:2v0dc255]Not your life, LiNeee; those driders will have to get to you over my dead body,[/i:2v0dc255] the clone sent to the hopeless drowess.

Knowing, and hearing that he was near their nest, the clone quietly unsheathed his twin katana's, his mind focusing in on getting in, and killing those driders for just bothering to kidnap LiNeee and her friends.

[i:2v0dc255]Old boy,[/i:2v0dc255] came Valor's voice; [i:2v0dc255]you might want to hurry if you're going to engage those eight-legged freaks. I'm afraid Lothir's friend, the gnome, has gone a little pyro crazy over here.[/i:2v0dc255]

[i:2v0dc255]Just great,[/i:2v0dc255] the clone retorted; [i:2v0dc255]still, I need to get in there, now.[/i:2v0dc255] With that said, the clone then started looking for a way that he could possibly get the drop on the driders when he entered their area.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Zarae slips silently up between the two sentries, crossbow in hand. At the tickling sensation, the first one makes a grunt, and shifts his long spindly legs in annoyance. One leg bumps something that is, but is not there, and he suddenly snaps alert. He looks around sharply, as if searching for something.

A moment later, Onix rounds the bend and comes into full view of the two drider guards. "Intruder!" One hisses, and both suddenly shout out as they rush to intercept the clone. From inside the cavern, several others take up the alarm, and the small colony is suddenly swarming with angry driders arming themselves.

---------------------------------------------

OOC: The rest of the group will be done together, so expect the next installment tomorrow!

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the clammering of metal on stone echoed as it drew closer. Quietly entered the passage, using her shadowdancer abilities she slipped thru invisible. With the clone rushing blindly and loudly, it was the best time to slip thru the crowd and look for the three.
When someone got too close, she moved from range, even levitating to the cavern ceiling at times to avoid larger groups.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"I knew who you were from the moment you came down here from the House. Nothing happens in this city that Braegan D'aerth does not hear about- ONE way or another...." The stranger says enigmatically, with a half-smile. "Yes, it would be best to keep this business-like, for several reasons. I understand you are in need of a guide, provisions, and information regarding a certain- surface venture?" He carefully does not say anything specific, but it's clear that he knows far more than he is telling.

He gives Silinrul a sly sideways glance, and smiles. "That will cost you, of course. Or, perhaps you would prefer to do a service for us in return as payment? There is a little matter which has come to our attention, one that could prove very profitable for all involved. Interested?"

-------------------------------------------------------

OOC: And Pheurazath and the main group will be next! Stay tuned!

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Hidden eyes see a sudden commotion down below, a racket normally unheard from the small colony of driders. They are angry and alarmed by something, and he sees one- the largest and most feared of the few females among them- leaving a small side-cave to head for a second, larger side-cave that he has learned holds their small temple. Three males follow, laden with the same bundles from before, going into the temple. He has seen this twice before- captives go in, but new driders come out.....

He knows why they need whatever dark rites go on inside- after all, so few of their hatchlings survive- but it sends a shiver up his spine all the same. To have no choice in becoming part of the colony.....

A moment later, he catches a hint of movement near the entrance, something moving in the shadows even as several driders rush out. It's almost as if the shadows themselves are alive. But that's impossible, right?

--------------------------------------------

Beznik ignores the comments from the pirate and the bard, simply giving a loud "humph" to their warnings. As if to prove their point, however, he turns to glare at them, only to smack into a narrow stalagmite. He shakes his head, and continues on, following after Valor's lead, and a little further on, he stumbles on a loose stone, with an ominous clink of glass from inside his heavy pack.

The bard sighs heavily, shaking his head with one hand pinching the bridge of his nose as if in pain. "I've got a BAD feeling about this...." he mutters to himself, and shifts his grip on the two sabers in his hands. "Let's go, we have to rescue those girls." he says, and follows the stumbling gnome into the tunnel. He waves for the others to follow, still muttering about clumsy gnomes and fiery death.

OOC: Okay- that covers everyone! Time to have some fun, folks!

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1a5e4ezo]True... We'll learn more soon.[/i:1a5e4ezo] The drowess blinked as Kalannar tried to drag her out. [i:1a5e4ezo]Wait.. wait![/i:1a5e4ezo] She freed her wrist and unsheathed her singing blade, the soft humming lilted through the air, inspiring those who heard it. A soft prayer made the sword shine a little as it was imbued with moonlight.

Her lips kept moving, silently as she followed Lothir. Her eyes remained focused, quickly adjusting to the darkness as two more Sendings were sent. One reached Onix. [color=darkblue:1a5e4ezo][i:1a5e4ezo]We're entering the cave where they are held. Your winged friend will show you were, Onix. We need your aid here.[/i:1a5e4ezo][/color:1a5e4ezo] The other was directed to LiNeee. [color=darkblue:1a5e4ezo][i:1a5e4ezo]We're here to save you. Do not lose hope, sister.[/i:1a5e4ezo][/color:1a5e4ezo]

Quietly she locked the clawed shield around her left forearm - the shield looked more like a gauntlet covering the arm up to the elbow and ending up with two razor sharp blades - good for parrying the strikes and counter-attacking with the shield arm. [i:1a5e4ezo]Some fights cannot be avoided...[/i:1a5e4ezo] Luexena whispered softly. [i:1a5e4ezo]Goddess aid us in this one.[/i:1a5e4ezo]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:3slowsqd]"Wai'!?"[/i:3slowsqd] Kalannar exclaimed and then pointed at the Gnome, just as he bumpbed into a Stagltite. [i:3slowsqd]"Ya don' remember all them time's Tiddli 'ad an idea? I' ne'er wen' well!"[/i:3slowsqd] He protested, and then muttered as he followed along with the group. "Ya be ownin' me for thi', iffin he brin's the cavern down o' us." Quietly he'd slip back into the shadows, unsheathing his rapier now as he moved after the group, his eyes darting from the shadows, to Luex, and then.. That nefarious deviant of unparalleled destruction, Beznik.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Shadows coming alive, impossible? There was a time once, when even Skrach believed it, but then that most-hated of all humans, Entreri, slayer of Rassiter, brought at his heels the Drow. First he wished his revenge on the Drow, but ever did Skrach plan to have it on that human too. Even so, moving shadows no longer seemed strange, more like dangerous.

Making ready he checks the fastenings of his chitin armor are secure, then takes up his own custom weapons, a pair of short-staves, with spear-like bladed heads, and proceeds back to his opening from where he has spied the activities below, so often. So often has he seen them, and knows there is a measure of urgency, of emergency. Still, he cannot interfere, not just yet, and even so begins to relish the sounds of a battle commencing. As has become habit, he believes he will join with the Driders, if he joins battle at all. For now though, with so many of their fighters departing, 'tis his moment to pray to Selune, and ask that if he must die, it be as a rat. Otherwise, he is still, and he is deathly silent.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=violet:3q031jd7][i:3q031jd7]We're entering the cave where they are held. Your winged friend will show you were, Onix. We need your aid here.[/i:3q031jd7][/color:3q031jd7]

[i:3q031jd7]Understood, Lady Luexena; I'm only not sure what I'll be able to . . . . [/i:3q031jd7] the clone's thought was cut off as his anger and rage consumed his thoughts.

[i:3q031jd7]By Mielikki's streaking-feathered arrow, the man's gone completely haywire. As if his regular skills and temper weren't enough when he was sane. Lady Luexena, Master Lothir, I do suggest that we hurry.[/i:3q031jd7]

The clone feels nothing as his instincts, decades of training, and a desire to see LiNeee and her friends’ safe take over his body with a surge of power, flooding his system with adrenaline, oxygen, and endorphins. His katanas flashed out of their sheaths as rage, cold and calculating, took over.

“You’re [b:3q031jd7]all[/b:3q031jd7] going to regret taking those girls,” the clone growled as he surged forward, meeting drider weapons with his own in a resounding clang of metal on metal. Whirling about, moving with deadly precision, Onix slashed, up and down, at the drider opponents that came onward to face him, but he only saw targets, not living creatures. They were all just obstacles to him.
The drider to his left chops downward heavily, its glaive searing a path towards demonic-looking armored clone, only to see their opponent move to the side, unblinking speed behind his
movements, and bring his right katana up and through the drider’s torso, the blade piercing through the other end of the body, right above the spider-like abdomen.

[color=red:3q031jd7]“How. . . . “ the drider began to ask, only to have the rest of his words come out in a gurgled mess, as an enraged Onix released his grip on his katana, ejected his wrist-mounted blade, and rammed it up and through the elven face, right below the jaw-line. Ichor sloshed about and ran freely down the clone’s arm before he retracted his blade.[/color:3q031jd7]

“Target down,” said the now soulless voice of Onix as he put a hand on his embedded katana and yanked it free of the now-dead drider body, letting it drip the creature’s life fluids off of the razor edged weapon.

[color=red:3q031jd7]“You’ll pay for that!!” another Drider screeched, coming up from the clone’s left, and slashing downward, a mighty sword curving through the air towards the clone’s head. However, to the drider’s amazement, and scared confusion, his weapon hit stone as it struck.

“Wha . . . . . [b:3q031jd7]where’d[/b:3q031jd7] ya go, you damn ust'dan?”
Right as the last word left the creature’s mouth, a full set of armor lit up, blood red in hue, which immediately rushed him. A fist smacked into his chest, followed by a knife-fist strike to his throat, causing the male drider to cough uncontrollably. The drider warrior then felt a force like a hurricane wind slam into his stomach area, knocking the wind outta him, and causing him to double over. Immediately after that, two massively armored, crimson-glowing arms encircled his neck, and with an effort, slowly started to twist and pull upward, despite his desperate efforts to pry the clone’s arms away. It was a futile effort.[/color:3q031jd7]

Onix continued to pull up with all his might, and finally, with a growling grunt, twisted the drider’s head to the side with a massive effort, and heard an audible ‘SNAP!’ for his reward.
“Too easy,” he commented in a dry, emotionless voice. Another spider abomination went down to his katanas, a simple lop off of the shoulders, followed by twin arching blades coming down, in an over-head diagonal chop, severing the head from the main body.
Twin throwing weapons slammed into him from the back, only serving to distract the clone. Turning about, his helmet hiding his emotionless expression, Onix stalked up to the users of the thrown knives, blade in each hand, and made short work of them, slaughtering them in seconds without a second thought or emotion to cross his mind.

Onix just kept killing and killing, a perfect machine, with one thought, and one purpose; to destroy everything in his way.
Another drider made the faulty move of thinking that dual-wielding swords would put him at an advantage; Onix showed him the error of his thought-process by leaping atop the drider’s abdomen, slashing across his back with a katana and then finishing it with a knife-being driven into his neck. The drider cried out in pain and agony as the clone’s knife failed to hit his spinal column within his neck, instead just scratching by it, its serrated edge gouging deep into the tender raw nerve clusters.

The clone corrected his mistake, grabbing the drider in a choke-hold, and twisting his knife a quarter turn clockwise, and using the driders neck as a brace with his other arm, pulled the knife quickly through the creature spine, killing it instantly. The drider warrior slumped to the ground, and the clone hopped off, only to find himself exchanging stares with twin sets of young male eyes looking up at him, further back a third set, this one female. [i:3q031jd7]All of them driders[/i:3q031jd7] he thought to himself, grabbing his other katana and stalking up to them, slowly, like a perfected killing machine going in for the slaughter. He raised a blade to strike, but then the clone felt something in the back of his head, his consciousness, his soul, screaming at him, roaring at him to lower his weapon.

“RUN!!” he barked at the three children, all of whom quickly scurried away; more voices, and screams came from behind him, a small testament to those driders whom either he had missed or simply had been lucky to not encounter him back there.
[i:3q031jd7]Onix! You blabbing, blade-wielding idiot, where are you?[/i:3q031jd7] came Valor’s intrusive voice as usual.

[i:3q031jd7]Within the Drider’s nest, killing everything that gets in my way,[/i:3q031jd7] the clone replied in an emotionless thought back to his avian friend, to which came no response.

[i:3q031jd7]Onix, hold up; I’m on my way with the rest of the group; don’t do anything irrational.[/i:3q031jd7]

[i:3q031jd7]I’m just doing exactly what I was created for, Valor; I’m just a machine.[/i:3q031jd7]

Valor didn’t like the sound, if there was any, in his clone friend’s thoughts; they were too. . . [b:3q031jd7]alien[/b:3q031jd7] to him, not like the Onix that he had come to know.

[i:3q031jd7]Hurry up you bumbling gnome;[/i:3q031jd7] the harpy eagle projected to the rest of the party who could understand him; [i:3q031jd7]I’m not certain Onix is in the best of conditions at the moment; and I don’t mean from last time.[/i:3q031jd7]
Last edited by veraka on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee's rather lifeless body lay still on the ground, on her side- eyes closed and hair flayed over half of her face, the intricate tattoos usually poised there, blank and unwielding. Phoebey gave a snort as three of the males brought in a female, she'd heard of the stories. But this woman looked nothing like Araushnee of the past, though how the hell would Phoebey be able to tell that. If it were indeed Lolth, all three girls would have nothing wrong with calling her Araushnee just for the times' sake.

[i:2m518v9y]"Excellent work, my pets. These three will do nicely for the ritual. They will be fine breeders, I'm sure," says the female on examining them, and smiles in satisfaction.[/i:2m518v9y]

[i:2m518v9y][color=darkred:2m518v9y]"So it is you Araushnee,"[/i:2m518v9y][/color:2m518v9y] Phoebey snapped, her eyes narrowing in concieved anger that was basically bubbling away at the childs attire. Bella opened her eyes beside the dwindler and perked those ears up of hers, [i:2m518v9y][color=darkblue:2m518v9y]"Araushnee? As in...-"[/i:2m518v9y][/color:2m518v9y] She was cut off by a brutal roar, and a plague of blood that flooded the outer chambers. The three girls were hoisted up onto the backs of driders and taken away, a temple-similar cavern that was both remarkable and astonishing, but in the other hand- completely repulsive. LiNeee stirred, crimson eyes poking out under her ivory hair as she stared at Phoebey, [i:2m518v9y]"Lolth.. It was Lolth. We are doomed."[/i:2m518v9y] She said emotionlessly, her lips dry and cracking in places from where her tongue just could not fathom the energy to lick at. Phoebey wriggled in her webbed coccoon and snarled, [i:2m518v9y][color=darkred:2m518v9y]"LiNeee you pathetic child, your almighty Soldier man is out there kickin' some spider bulbs!"[/i:2m518v9y][/color:2m518v9y]

The sheer excitement in the kids voice had LiNeee cocking her head up just before they dissappeared, and sure enough; Onix was appearing out of the shadows, his katanas cocked maliciously. She felt her body go slack with emotion, her shoulders slump with the sigh. [i:2m518v9y]You came,[/i:2m518v9y] she sent to him as the tunnel went dark again, [i:2m518v9y]Onix, my dear....[/i:2m518v9y] She looked at Phoebey and smiled, a slight giggle even. [i:2m518v9y]"He came for us!"[/i:2m518v9y] She exclaimed, she'd all but ignored the whispers from Leuxana and Onix, even one from Valor. She'd just cast them aside, she was in the midst of a drider nest for peets sake, who would have hope. But now she did, and it writhed through her body like a carniverous disease.

[i:2m518v9y]"Phoebey, Bella, you need to transform. Now!"[/i:2m518v9y] She screamed, [i:2m518v9y]"you need to help Onix! Go!"[/i:2m518v9y] She girls tried to obey, shifting to their most common forms- that of wolves. Phoebey, having gone too far and actually transforming into a cub; was able to squeeze through the gap where her neck had been- just. Bella on the other hand, a full grown, midnight black wolf- was stuck just as much as her human form. She slumped in the silk, [i:2m518v9y][color=darkred:2m518v9y]"I'm sorry LiNeee. I tried."[/i:2m518v9y][/color:2m518v9y] LiNeee gave her a reassuring smile before looking back at Phoebey, the Drider carrying her would pressumabely go after her, thought LiNeee, but Phoebey was already out of there. She ran out and into the onslaught with Onix, her ginger-like, brunette fur ruffling around deep blue eyes and sanguine tussels.

[i:2m518v9y]Eilistraee, I beg for your forgiveness, and help. I have done wrong in the past, but I am on the path to a better future. Help Onix, give him strength and courage, help us lean from the path of your mother if it so be her, and let us all stay in one piece to do your biddings.[/i:2m518v9y] LiNeee prayed as the rest of the ordeals unfolded before her.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((i dunno if im supose to reply or not, but Zar [i:3k74lif5]is [/i:3k74lif5]trying to sneak in and get to the three held prisioner. so if i shouldnt, i'll just delete this and stay in the background. and if im wrong on parts let me know.))

As she progressed in silence, the sounds of the fighting behind her continued. the driders focused on the killing machine clone allowed her perfect chance to pick up speed to find the three kidnapped. Zarae drew close, very close. the cavern opening up, she say the three on the floor unmoving. She was about to approach when she saw heat shadows approaching, and taking the three off. there was something stange about the female. ((if its actually Lloth, then she should have a sorta interest in Zar. tho i'm kinda confused on this part and why Lloth is here.))[/size:3k74lif5] a sense of dread and feeling of exposed. a scrutiny and in her mind- 'i know your here.' Zarae paused, breathing in deeply and remaining quiet and hidden well in the heat hiding piwafwi. One escaped and was heading twords the chaos from the tunnel. Shaking off and feeling and sending a prayer to the Dark Maiden, Zarae moved twords the bundles while a drider chased the wolf pup. Dagger drawn and edged closer in hopes of freeing the other two.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~