"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee, Bella and Phoebey all seemed to sigh at the same time- Bella in annoyance as the apparent link between Onix and LiNeee was opened and found, Phoebey; one of slumber as her head rolled back- and LiNeee, a sigh of relief as she heard Onix's voice in her mind. Replying simply; [i:clruqebo]Yes. It was.[/i:clruqebo] LiNeee was a little surprised at just how oblivious she could be when her mind was on Onix. She was watching his movements, not realising the clone had sensed something out of place. Her eyes snapped open wider- along with Phoebey and Bella as the clone leapt out of the cart and pulled out a large Katana.

[i:clruqebo][color=darkblue:clruqebo]''Phoebey, wake up.''[/i:clruqebo][/color:clruqebo] Bella snarled as she leapt from the cart after Onix, pulling, from over her shoulder, a large bow that had a distinct glow to it. From a small pouch on her hip she pulled a purple arrow and strung it into her bow, snagging her fingers around the string, the elf pulled it back all the way and stepped around LiNeee, eyes narrowed as she fell into the tree line; searching. LiNeee only took a second to pull free her two daggers, crossing them around her front and holding them erect; she bent down and checked under the cart- nothing. [i:clruqebo]''Phoebey go with Zarae.''[/i:clruqebo] LiNeee told the shifter who leapt from the cart and plunged into the forest- surprisingly, silent.

[i:clruqebo]Onix, what is it?[/i:clruqebo] LiNeee asked the clone within the link they shared, spinning her dagger around her fingers and holding it down by her side as she came around the front, careful to stay behind Onix, keeping clear of open spaces, or traps.

[[ Please please please, anyone tell me if they dont like how I do anything.... Posting on my phone gives me a bad perception. <3 ]]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone was just as surprised to hear LiNeee's voice again in his head; but then again, he was stuck on a world where he had no idea what he was doing or why he was doing it, but right then, his senses were all focused, making sure whatever it was that had sent them blaring off, like sirens in his head, was either dealt with or wasn't a threat; however the pitfall trap that he'd nearly stepped into told him that it was wasn't going to be friendly.

Lothir's randomly spurned comment added to to that thought and only served to reinforce it.

Onix then glanced over his shoulder to find LiNeee there behind him.
[i:3lv5qxzv]Not sure; but if that pit-fall trap that I nearly crumbled into is anything to judge by, whatever it is, this [b:3lv5qxzv]isn't[/b:3lv5qxzv] going to end well.[/i:3lv5qxzv] he replied back to LiNeee, still reeling from the idea that he had formed a telepathic link with someone near completely random on Toril. Still, he figured, why not LiNeee. He smiled slightly at the thought when a new one formed in his head; realizing what he was thinking, Onix said, [i:3lv5qxzv]Whatever it is, LiNeee, stay close to me.[/i:3lv5qxzv]

The clone continued to softly move through the brushes and near trees, staying close to the shadows, his crimson eyes searching for anything that might be a dead giveaway.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:29uy23ra][color=purple:29uy23ra]Not sure; but if that pit-fall trap that I nearly crumbled into is anything to judge by, whatever it is, this isn't going to end well.[/i:29uy23ra][/color:29uy23ra] LiNeee heard in her head; [i:29uy23ra]Pit-fall trap?[/i:29uy23ra] LiNeee thought to herself, having heard about them, she narrowed her eyes and glanced down at the ground. Indeed, the earth seemed to suck inwards, she let her foot gently slide forwards until the toe of her armored boot dipped into it; she half hissed. [i:29uy23ra]Who do you think it would be, Onix?[/i:29uy23ra] She asked him, [i:29uy23ra]I mean, the guards; are they Drowic? Or other types of creatures? Forgive my ignorance on the topic...[/i:29uy23ra] She added at the end, having been brought up away from just about anything, she found it hard to research such things. After all- this was her first trip into Menzoberanzzan.

All this rocketting through her head she heard the small; [i:29uy23ra][color=purple:29uy23ra]Whatever it is, LiNeee, stay close to me[/i:29uy23ra][/color:29uy23ra] from Onix, and with a simple nod she replied; [i:29uy23ra]with pleasure.[/i:29uy23ra] She glided sideways, away from the trap; tucking herself in close behind Onix as he softly moved through the shadows; all the while her daggers in her hands tightly- her instincts perked; waiting for any miss-placed sound.
Li Neena~

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Pulling up her hood, Kathryn slipped into the shadows of the tunnel, silently following in the wake of a patrol from Menzoberranzan until she was sure she could take it on her own. She leaned against the tunnel wall after the patrol left, counting to thirty silently in her head before glancing around the corner and walking in the opposite direction.

Sure she was fine now, Kathryn walked a bit more before she found herself at a dead end. Walking to the end of the tunnel, she turned and sat down, pulling a small length of wood from her belt and extending it to a staff, resting the weapon against her knees just in case. Taking food from her pack, she leaned against the wall, finally ready to have a good meal.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana and Vlad had just come out of Menzo after another pointless journey down there. They walked down into the spider web of tunnels and chose one for no particular reason, eager to just get away from the city.

"I want to see daylight again," Zana said softly to Vlad. "I've had enough of this darkness." She scanned the tunnel ahead, always hating them. She had a brief flash back to that day almost 20 years ago, and saw that dreaded sword piercing through her mother's heart and her falling to the ground, dead. She shook it off, "Ugh, let's get outta here."

[i:bk06dcan]Agreed,[/i:bk06dcan] Vlad nodded.

They turned into another tunnel, this one darker than the others. "This one may be a dead end," Zana noted.

[i:bk06dcan]Possibly, wanna check it out anyway?[/i:bk06dcan] Vlad looked up at Zana.

She shrugged. They walked a ways down the tunnel but saw someone sitting on the ground. Zana tilted her head to one side in curiosity. Not many people just hung in the tunnels. She and Vlad cautiously approached the drow. Zana then did a double take. This person looked oddly familiar, very familiar.

It then dawned on her, she'd seen this person before. "Maryne?" She asked cautiously. No, that's not right, this drow looks slightly different, but yet so similar. [i:bk06dcan]Strange,[/i:bk06dcan] she thought to her and Vlad.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Noting the glow of his pendant, he tucks it back in, and suddenly goes fully alert. "Damn," he mutters darkly, "I thought Tal and I had cleared out all the bandits last time. Must have missed a few..." He looks around, still on edge, even though the forest seems peaceful and quiet enough- maybe TOO quiet, he realizes. But if someone IS waiting for them, why is there no sing? He wonders.

"Be ready for anything, abbilen," he says softly, his daggers ready in hand.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=violet:3g45vo58][i:3g45vo58]Who do you think it would be, Onix?[/i:3g45vo58] She asked him, [i:3g45vo58]I mean, the guards; are they Drowic? Or other types of creatures? Forgive my ignorance on the topic...[/i:3g45vo58][/color:3g45vo58]

[i:3g45vo58]I'm not sure, but whoever they are, they're out to make sure that no one leaves this area alive. What I do know is that whosoever out there does want whatever we have on us, I'm not sure about . . . [/i:3g45vo58] his thoughts trailed off as Zarae's snooping around revealed more traps, two of them well hidden and looked like they'd have done their job had Zar not found them.
A thin vine line, strong enough to hold the tension within it, yet small enough to be snapped with anymore weight applied to it, weight that could equal a full-grown drow. Onix's eyes followed the trap line up above to where it was latched to a super-spiked flat panel. If anyone had tripped that line, they'd have had under a split second to dodge the cleverly placed device before being reduced to walking pin-cushion.

The other trap looked like an innocent fallen log, but attached to it, a small vine, covered in fallen leaves on the ground, snaked up into the darker side of the forest. A shadow looked out of place to the clone where the line went up to. Narrowing his crimson-glowing orbs, Onix focused in on the cloaked darkness, when he saw movement.
[i:3g45vo58]Vith!![/i:3g45vo58] he cursed mentally as he heard the line-snap.

"Ambush!!" Onix roared right as a log came careening out of the forest's shadows, right for Onix and LiNeee behind him.

[color=red:3g45vo58]Right as the clone yelled about their ambush, audible [i:3g45vo58]TWANG's[/i:3g45vo58] could be heard from within the shadows as at least a two dozen crossbows launched their deadly projectiles, each and everyone of the them aimed at someone near or on the carts, as the group of bandits launched their now not-surprise attack.

Three fighters jumped out at Lothir, two dual-wielding daggers and shortswords. A third giant of a man, whose hands were attached to an even more intimidating greatsword.

At the same time four baddies jumped out near the stopped cart and assaulted it and its passengers.[/color:3g45vo58]

The clone barely had time to register the crossbow bolts launching as he didn't think but react. However, for a bare fraction of a second he hesitated.

[i:3g45vo58]LiNeee,[/i:3g45vo58] he thought shortly before the log rammed him. Then his training took over, as well as a flood of adrenaline and endorphins. Without a second thought, Onix engaged his armor's strength mode, the muscle-looking armor turning blood red, and flat out shoulder-charged the incoming log when it came near him. An audible crack could be heard as the wooden cylinder contacted the clones armor-plated shoulder in a battle of endurance and lost.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[color=violet:25gpzw6h][i:25gpzw6h]I'm not sure, but whoever they are, they're out to make sure that no one leaves this area alive. What I do know is that whosoever out there does want whatever we have on us, I'm not sure about . . .[/i:25gpzw6h][/color:25gpzw6h] Onix trailed off and LiNeee let her eyes travel upwards to meet the clones'. After a moment the clone roared one word; this one word LiNeee and the girls had been dreading since they left the safe perimeter of the Inn. LiNeee had barely a seconds hesitation before she hit reaction mode; her whole body whipping around to the left as she spotted the log careening straight for her. Eyes wide; the small drowess braced herself for the impact- only to have it somehow halted as a very over-generic, blood-red Onix charged it, splitting the thing compeltely in half. LiNeee's jaw dropped. [i:25gpzw6h][color=violet:25gpzw6h]LiNeee,[/i:25gpzw6h][/color:25gpzw6h] he had thought just before hand, at that she found herself frowning as she collapsed into a crouch and scaled underneath the free-swinging log-

[i:25gpzw6h]Onix, keep your mind off me! I'll be fine, just don't get hurt...[/i:25gpzw6h] She took a deep breath and added; [i:25gpzw6h]please.[/i:25gpzw6h] That was when she hurled herself at the tree and the shadow some twenty metres up, the same shadow that had made the log fall. Daggers in hand she flung them both into the tree trunk, one a metre from the ground, the other further up- hilts protruding. [i:25gpzw6h]Phoebey, Bella- Battle mode![/i:25gpzw6h] She cried within her mind as she hauled herself up onto the first dagger, slung her other arm up and launched up onto the second- using the branches to aid her up, up and up until she landed on the shadows branch. [i:25gpzw6h]"Hello,"[/i:25gpzw6h] she whispered, bringing her Alura katana from her back, the blade concealed by ebony cloak until now; and threw it forcefully, aiming for the form. [i:25gpzw6h](Onix, I'll let you decide what happens there.)[/i:25gpzw6h]

Bella was silent, though she had heard LiNeee's thoughts and Onix's cry of [i:25gpzw6h]ambush.[/i:25gpzw6h]
[i:25gpzw6h][color=darkblue:25gpzw6h]LiNeee, stay out of the open,[/i:25gpzw6h][/color:25gpzw6h] Bella told the drowess as the ricochettes of arrows were flung through the air- she didn't have time to figure out if anyone else was ok as she tucked herself behind a tree trunk. She pulled her bow up to face height, pulling the string even further back- [i:25gpzw6h][color=darkblue:25gpzw6h]"Booyaa!"[/i:25gpzw6h][/color:25gpzw6h] She yelled as she stepped around the trunk and let fly an arrow, reaching down without a moments hesitation and grabbing another arrow- dishelving it just as fast as the first. She aimed for the others- having memorised where the assault had come from- each arrow from a particular bow. She flung different arrows in each direction- up in the trees mostly at the lurkers there.

Phoebey was hiding- being only a fifteen year old shifter, she was no where near advanced enough for an ambush. [i:25gpzw6h][color=darkred:25gpzw6h]"Leuxana look out!"[/i:25gpzw6h][/color:25gpzw6h] She made a grab for the priestess, offering the woman her hand- she had come back and was half way squatting to get under the cart.
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir ducks low as he hears the twang and whistle of the arrows flying, and keeps the trees between himself and the attackers. "Ah, so the company has arrived! Let us welcome them properly, shall we?" He says, grinning to the others.

Seeing the terrible trio before him, the bard mutters the words to shift his blades to saber form, and steps toward them in a defensive stance. Giving them a wicked grin, he makes a quick but impressive flourish with his blades, hoping to intimidate them with a display of skill. "If I were you," he tells them coolly, "I would start thinking of a new line of work, or your career is apt to be cut rather short. You have one chance to surrender. Otherwise, you had best run."

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue was still invisible when the ambush commenced. she used this to her advantage to disarm the trap as the metal on metal range out behind her at the wagon. ((19 = 10+4+5; im gunna go with its disarmed...if othrewise let me know))[/size:1eqeumy8]
after her quick work, her bow was back in her hands and she went to finding an advantage point. levitating up to a thick tree branch, and drew back the string. aiming at an enemy sneaking up on the group, she released the string, which was quieted due to the magical effect of the bow (thanks to V's mom)[/size:1eqeumy8]. as soon as it was free of the bow, another was drawn from her quiver and loaded.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix, grunting as the log impacted his shoulder and broke down the middle. After that, he had three highwaymen jump him.
NOt even thinking, the clone ducked beneath the razor-edged greataxe as it chopped through the air where his head was.

[color=violet:1oj1z419][i:1oj1z419]Onix, keep your mind off me! I'll be fine, just don't get hurt...[/i:1oj1z419] She took a deep breath and added; [i:1oj1z419]please.[/i:1oj1z419][/color:1oj1z419]

[i:1oj1z419]Not exactly easy. . . [/i:1oj1z419] he replied through their telepathic link, while delivered a lighting fast triple hit-combo, executing a snap-punch to axe-wielder's sternum, followed up by a palm strike to the face, and finishing with a straight punch in same place. The bandit stumbled backwards, dazed a bit.
[i:1oj1z419]But doable.[/i:1oj1z419]

Whirling his knife in around, Onix parried a sword blow aimed for his neck, while dodging under a sweeping blow from the other bandit swordsman.
The clone heaved grabbed the first swordsman arm with his freehand, brought his knife down and slashed his arm open, his blade's keen edge rending the muscle as it sliced a nice bloody path through.

The highwayman growled in pain, right as Onix brought the man down to meet his up-rushing knee. The blow knocked the wind outta the bandit, as Onix drove his knee into the man's stomach.

By this time the other sword-wielding bandit took off towards the forests edge hoping to get there to switch to his ranged weapons.

"Where do you think [b:1oj1z419]you're[/b:1oj1z419] going?!" the clone exclaimed through a growl. As he said this, his hand went to a throwing knife, withdrew it, and sent it hurling towards the bandits back.

[color=red:1oj1z419]Within the shadow that Onix had first spotted, one of the highwaymen coolly aimed his crossbow for the odd warrior's neck.
He smiled as Onix had no idea what was about to happen.
"Say good-bye," he whispered as his finger slowly squeezed down on the trigger.
Heat erupted from his chest as he felt a sharp sensation enter his body. Looking down, the bandit saw LiNeee's katana protruding from his chest.
He growled as he raised his crossbow in a futal attempt to fire it off towards Onix before the darkness enclosed around him. However, his life-blood gushing from the wound, the bandit collapsed onto the ground.

Bell's first arrow caught a bandit in the upper chest, penetrating through his chainmail armor with ease. He went down on a knee, clutching at the wound. Her second shot hit dead center, taking a half-orc right through the throat. Red paint spurted from the wound, covering the ground with ichor.
The rest of the archers took cover behind their own tree trunks by this time, letting Bella's shots bounce off the hard trunks.

Phoebey, along with Luexena, probably got the short stick of the draw, as three goons rushed in to meet them both, swords leading.[/color:1oj1z419]

[color=blue:1oj1z419]"I would start thinking of a new line of work, or your career is apt to be cut rather short. You have one chance to surrender. Otherwise, you had best run."[/color:1oj1z419]

[color=red:1oj1z419]The bandit on Lothir's left actually laughed, his half-elven features showing genuine humor.
"Ahh, now why would we do that when this venture is so.. lucrative?"
The big hulking brute with the greatsword, an orc barbarian, spoke in broken common afterwards; "me thinks tiny elf need height reduction." As he said this, the third bandit glanced up at him and nodded.
A female rogue, quite the beauty, even in her outfit and armor, said "pity too; he looks like he'd be fun." After that, the orc rushed the drow, while the rogue stalked around him, and lashed out, her daggers going for critical strikes against the bard.

One of the bandits, a elven battlemage, was in the process of casting her first spell, when Zarae's arrow impacted her shoulder, and sent her spiraling to get a good close-up with the soil. A pool of her blood began to pool as soon as she hit the ground, albeit slowly.[/color:1oj1z419]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: :p LOL!! Funny V, VERY funny. "Looks like he'd be fun..." :roll:

IC: Lothir lets the orc rush at him, and swiftly pivots aside, with a warning slap of his blades to the orc's backside as he barrels past (Dodge, AOO) He does minimal damage, just enough to cause the orc to stumble and loose some mobility, before he spins back to meet the female head-on to block her attack (shield of blades), shaking his head at her and making a disapproving face. "Tsk tsk, lady- where are your manners? I never dance with a lady until I know her name. But if it's fun you're after- I just MIGHT be able to oblige you. Depending on your idea of fun, of course."

At that, he makes a feint at her, then dives into a roll to come up with both blades crossed at the half-elf's throat. "Drop the weapon, darthiir, or I will give you a hair-cut you won't forget." He shifts his angle so that he can keep the female in sight, though he's not too worried about the large- and noisy- orc.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:2jnwgs6i] (( I have to say- this is so fun! I do wonder where Leuxana has gone though? I feel kind of rude posting on without her... Love the post V.))[/i:2jnwgs6i] [/size:2jnwgs6i]

[i:2jnwgs6i][color=violet:2jnwgs6i]Not exactly easy. . . [/i:2jnwgs6i]he replied through their telepathic link, while delivered a lighting fast triple hit-combo, executing a snap-punch to axe-wielder's sternum, followed up by a palm strike to the face, and finishing with a straight punch in same place. The bandit stumbled backwards, dazed a bit.
[i:2jnwgs6i]But doable.[/i:2jnwgs6i][/color:2jnwgs6i]

LiNeee caught a grin as the rogue went down- her Alura katana protruding beautifully from his chest, gathering the crimson ichor it produced. Seems the male was aiming at Onix, she couldn't help but grimace; she hadn't thought of that. All this time away, what if something happened to him? How would she get through it... Suddenly she felt the small sting as tears threatened her eyes- a lump growing in her chest. She shook free of it and replied to Onix quietly- [i:2jnwgs6i]do-able, isn't good enough.[/i:2jnwgs6i] Even through her mind- it was obvious her throat was thick. She frowned and rolled her neck to the side; cracking it as she stepped forwards and knocked the rogue-shadows bow to the side; the arrow he let go of flying outwards and jarring itself into a tree. She nodded in finality and booted the male off the branch, the pleasure of hearing his spine snap as he hit the lower branch- almost bringing a smile to her face. However, she did keep his case of arrows. Those would come in handy.

Turning, she looked down at the hiding rogue's beneath her, bows in hand; they looked almost scared. Picking the shadows crossbow from a splinter that had caught it, she dispatched an arrow from the pouch and slipped one into the string- [i:2jnwgs6i]see how they like it from the side,[/i:2jnwgs6i] she thought as arrow after arrow soared for different bandits, some hers; others she guessed were Bella's.

Phoebey looked behind her, hand dropping from raising it to Leuxana- no time to hide, she thought as she spun on her heel to face the three goons that were rushing towards them. Leuxana was probably stronger, but Phoebey was a shifter... [i:2jnwgs6i][color=darkred:2jnwgs6i]I'm a shifter...[/i:2jnwgs6i][/color:2jnwgs6i] She suddenly thought, grinning widely as she leapt forwards, body sucking into itself as she transformed mid-air, into a Komodo Dragon, much bigger in size and teeth as sharp as that of a sharks. She growled menacingly and ran at them, teeth bared as she attempted to tear and slice apart each goon. ([url=http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/466 ... g:2jnwgs6i]Phoebs[/url:2jnwgs6i])
Li Neena~

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena was torn out of her peaceful thoughts in a rather violent manner. The shout 'Ambush' and the sensation of Phoebey dragging her along made the priestess snap out of her serene trance-like state. Luexena reached up and drew her blade again, Erel'lua'ae began it's combat song. Quickly she gazed about, evaluating the situation, then, as the little girl lept into the air and started shifting into something massive, the drowess took a step forward, holding her left hand out and whispering a [i:2nky74rx]Word of Faith[/i:2nky74rx] prayer. Her eyes narrowed as she felt the rush of the Goddess powers in her chest and then released that energy upon the three attackers, blinding them instantly unless they had some means to resist the divine spell. For the rest it would look like a flash of bright light covering a huge area with the three poor sods in the middle and Phoebey-the-huge lizard rushing at them.

Luexena did not stop, flicking her wrist, words of another powerful prayer escaping her, calling for [i:2nky74rx]Hammer of Gods[/i:2nky74rx] to smite the trio, harming them and possibly even stunning them if their will was not strong enough to resist. The rest would see a pillar of divine light from the sky blasting the unfortunate goons.

((again sorry, the rl been nuts, but all seems quieter now so I am back. and going to kick Kal to post soon too =)[/size:2nky74rx]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue saw the wizard was down, and began searching for the next most dangerous target. spotting them she released the powerful arrow and drew another from the quiver. somewhere below, a word called out to take out the archer in the tree.
the rogue aimed her next arrow to the speaker when the bright lights of the spell went off. she took the distraction to move to another position upon firing the missile.
the [i:3b3ij25l]click [/i:3b3ij25l]of a familiar sound, she dropped down to the branch as the quarrel struck the tree. another arrow loaded and soon was flying twords the target.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~