"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Bah! Who needs magic anyway?! It's fun and flashy and can baffle and dazzle the most skilled of opponents, but on the bright side, the drider priestess just sacrificed access to her own magic.

From high above, in a tunnel from whence a rat dove madly into battle, a different sort of rogue perches, watching, amused and almost laughing if not for the voice of his sentient sword heckling him in his mind about not losing the element of surprise. Surveying the scene, he spies just a few things that cannot be tolerated, most importantly, two disobedient males advancing on a partially dazed wererat. This is solved easily enough though, many a poor fool has he left coinless, gambling on his skill with throwing daggers. One... two... flashing little blades let fly, either aimed for the wrist/forearm region of either male drider's sword arm. If the rat is gonna get double-teamed, it may as well be a bit more fair, though this shold likely draw some attention to how much closer they've advanced to the rodent.

He waits a moment waiting to hear if they get scolded as much as they surely deserve, while deciding whether to make threats, order a surrender, or play the neutral third party, that objects to fighting dirty. With magic suppressed, perhaps someone might sense it, perhaps not, but the newcomer has a presence bred into the blood, of the Lower Planes. How fortunate for the Driders, he couldn't convince his mother to come with him on this investigation.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

While it is more common manner for a wizard to dislike psionics, this is not the case for Silinrul, he does not allow his full intrigue to show, lest such curiosity be exploited some how, but as a student of both magic and melee, disciplines of both body and mind do fascinate him... when they're not being pushed and tested by instructors or family. Yet, he allows himself a grin of admiration, and a comment, "Fascinating power, to manifest the semblance of magic, with a thought." What is left unsaid, save through the closely guarded link between he and Iejir, is that he may wish to learn more about this in an indeterminate future. If nothing else, techniques to shield his mind from psionic assaults would surely prove useful.

"Well Iejir, time to see if this blessed birth is all it's cracked up to be." A quick final check of equipment, and through the mirror portal he strides, uncertain but expecting to be accompanied, both to neither send him alone to this important task, and ensure he actually carries it out. Since he knows his House to be doomed, it would be prudent to not let the teleportation be a head start to escaping.

Once upon the other side, and staying well in view of his sponsor to his new 'family', he selects and prepares a spell to loose ahead down whichever path is directed, something in case the path needs clearing of arachnid attackers. It strikes him then just a bit strange, and yet strangely pleasing that he might today be slaying arachnids, rather than humbly revering them. No... not just pleasing, but relieving, as if a weight is being taken off of him, or a frustration that no amount of screaming in rage could adequately express.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix, hearing the priestess screech in horror at their fleeing prisoners, grips his twin katanas and draws them in the blink of an eye; "Negotiations are over."

With that said, he springs into action, unleashing a flurry of whirling attacks, his blades flashing by, slashing into his enemies that stood before him. He hoped to whatever powers-that-be that LiNeee and her friends were safe.

"Lothir, we need to create a diversion, NOW!" He barks at the drow bard.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee was caught by surprise; after Zarae called out to her, LiNeee was forced to acknowledge just how far gone her surroundings were. From dead Driders to rampaging rogues; from the temple to the entrance of the drider den; the noises shared were something LiNeee had never come face to face with, her human upbringing had a little something to do with that- or so she guessed. However, in the difference; she'd been taught things others hadn't- giving her a fair advantage or disadvantage, an exact opposite routine that she could use to protect herself where other Drow would give up. That was the theory.

[i:38mtnexe]"Zarae,"[/i:38mtnexe] she hissed, watching the rogue vanish right before her eyes through the midnight walls of the temple, her eyes narrowed but only for a second. Whipping back around to the entrance and those at war beyond it, LiNeee took a deep breath- what have I got? She looked around; stone, after stone.... She had no weapons, an barely a set of clothes, that wasn't her biggest issue though, through the tunnel to the outside death match where the rest of the caravan fought with their lives, Onix, Lothir- now Zarae as well. LiNeee took a step, and what followed was the sound of her bare souls, slapping against the rock as she sprinted out of the temple and into the open. Her fingers were curled into the palm of her hands, balling them tightly into fists- causing her knuckles to turn white with strain.

[i:38mtnexe]Fear is weak. . . Weakness is damage. . . When you're damaged, there is no turning back. . .[/i:38mtnexe] LiNeee shot out of the temple, probably looking like a white robe aviating across the room, for her skin nestled in with the color of the walls. She spotted Zarae, her sword glistening before her.
[i:38mtnexe]“All I need is something sharp”[/i:38mtnexe], luminescent scarlet eyes darted across the ground, up the walls, over forms of the perished, until, into sight, came a small ivory hilted dagger. Sweeping her fingers down, LiNeee plucked the knife from a deceased hand in full flight, her toes pressing into the stone to throw her form forwards towards one of the drider priestesses that had caught her escape by eye.
The dagger rises high above her head in her left hand while the right hand balls into a tight fist towards a misshapen head- LiNeee had a look in her eye she'd never had before; one of pure hatred, pure blood lust....
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

hearing the words of needing a distraction (that was not magical while the antimagic was in place) she pulled another pellet readying it to be thrown for a distraction.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

(seeing as there's been no feedback on whether Vail's marksmanship worked at all, I'm going to just have to assume it did, since the RP has seemingly come to a screeching halt, apparently waiting for a post from me.)

Oh so very confusing for the poor rat, no sooner has the clarity of all his senses returned to him, than negotiations are over, and everyone is trying to kill each other again. At first he is once more cornered, flanked between two silver-wielding driders, and then daggers come from out of nowhere it seems, and one of them drops his weapons, use of his hands taken from him. Able to focus on one at a time now, Skrach rushes the disarmed one first, dropping into a low and wide stance, and throwing his momentum into a wide sweep of his bladed staves, hacks away three legs on one side, enough to immobilize that one. Back out the other side, he quickly orients himself near the 'giant' in strange armor, pleading, "Skrach needs help! Skrach needs help!" He points the way to the remaining drider with silvered weapons, "Kills that one, please?!"
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

When the rat starts in on the silver-weilding drider, the bard suddenly grins, and opens up loudly singing a fast, jaunty tune, and begins to smove in time to it near the two driders closest to him, spinning, twisting, sliding, and leaping in and out around them like a child's top, or a twister gone mad. Swords out in a flurry of flashing mithril, humming as if in time to the melody, he swiftly cuts the pair to ribbons almost before they can react, easily blocking their few attempts to counter the bewildering pattern of thrusts and slashes. The odd pattern appears almost more like a bizarre and beautiful dance, but the efeects are devestating to the drider pair, and has the added effect of drawing all eyes to him.

"Feel the fire of desire, as you dance the night away
'Cause tonight we're gonna party, 'til we see the break of day
Better get yourself together, and hold on to what you've got
Once the music hits your system, there's no way you're gonna stop!"

The strange tune causes the high priestess to glare at him, and she whips around toward him and the rat, confused and suddenly panicking as she realizes that the truce has ended. "What is this?! ENOUGH!! I will leave you in peace if you will all JUST GET OUT!!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Sorry it's been taking so long, guys. Had a lot going on the last couple of weeks. Thank the gods that's over now. Stupid corporate inspections.....

IC: As Silinrul exits the portal, he is suddenly aware that the door opens only one way. There is nothing behind him- nothing at all but more dark tunnel like the one in front of him. Apparently, he is alone. Still, there is something ahead that lends hope- or perhaps a portent of doom. A large object lies on the tunnel floor some ways ahead- just far enough to be nothing but an indeterminate mound.

As he approaches closer, it soone takes shape as a corpse. and another lies nearly twenty feet beyond. They are drow, or so it appears. Members of a patrol slain by what seems to have been drow weapons. A trail of blood leads furhter into the tunnel, toward a juncture some hundred feet away.....

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Re: "Come Little Children..."

OOC: Li'Neee, the last two posts were a global response to everyone, as well as individual posts for silinrul and Pheurazath's PC's. So far, no one has reacted to the drider's attempts to "get thee gone". I'm currently waiting on responses from Onix, Zarae, Arya, Vailintin, Li'Neee- well, everyone. And to Pheur, yes it did, and now that one is wounded.... Sorry I missed it before- it's hard to remmeber all the details when replying. ;)

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=blue:19vxl5bk]Back out the other side, he quickly orients himself near the 'giant' in strange armor, pleading, "Skrach needs help! Skrach needs help!" He points the way to the remaining drider with silvered weapons, "Kills that one, please?!"[/color:19vxl5bk]

Onix whirls around to lay eyes upon the odd talking rat with weapons. However, the clone, been in the universe that he was from, didn't hesitate for a moment. He came slashing in with an overhead dual-slash, followed up quickly by a back roundhouse kick to the drider's chest. Onix continued to press his attack against the drider, hacking away relentlessly at its defenses whilst the drider was pushed further back from the odd were-rat. It's silver weapons rang out in crescendo against the clone's katanas, each ring of steel on silver a testament to the fighting prowess of each combatant. The Drider's skills honed from decades of deceit, treachery, and backstabbing that constantly went on in the Underdark as a drow, skills which were only amplified becoming a Drider; Onix's own abilities earned from his lifetime service as a front-line black ops soldier and his training among various advanced martial arts. These two forces clashed like the forming of a hurricane from the Hells.

The clone hacked down mercilessly at the drider, only to be driven back by a swift, but timed counterstrike from the Drider. The spider-drow rushed Onix, silver swords whistling through the air as they came down hard at the clone's neck. Onix brought both of his arms up, katanas flat and rested against his arms. The Driders weapons impacted the clone's armor and resounded throughout the cavern. The strength that the Drider had was more than Onix initially predicted, the clone giving ground slowly as he was shoved backwards. Onix sheathed his right katana, balled his fist, engaged his armor to max out his strength, and hurled his fist at the Drider. The distance was close enough that the clone's attack connected, and the force of a charging armored dwarf impacted the Drider in its center, sending the spider creature tumbling.

Hearing the priestess shriek her offer, the clone assumed a neutral stance, his katana held low, and barked; "if you are NOW offering us this, why should we bother, I see no reason to eradicate you completely!"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Quick and light on her feet, LiNeee flew forwards with her attack on the ever-readying drider, teeth bared and eyes bright with what looked liked fear, or maybe suprise that its' victim, was now the offender. Pushing her toes into the ground; LiNeee bent her knees and sprang towards the priestess, the blade swivelled in her hand, casting shards of light to sprint around them like a disco ball lit up. With a grunt and a slight yelp, the Drider fell motionless, its innards splayed rather gruesomely around its form. "That's what you get," she whispered down at it, shaking blood off her foot before she turned to the crowd- just as the Drider "Queen" tried to surrender, LiNeee chuckled, sharp eyes darting around the scene to keep an eye out for any mischevious driders that might sneak up on her. She levelled her breathing while Onix barked at the Drider, what he said was true, but what was more; they had a quest to accomplish. [i:1fuwufjb]"Onix, leave them to their sorrows, we have a quest,"[/i:1fuwufjb] she muttered, folding her arms over her chest while watching something beside her writhe among the rocks. [i:1fuwufjb]"We really don't have time for this, hm..."[/i:1fuwufjb] LiNeee spoked louder this time, her eyes set squarely on the Queen, truthfully... She was exhausted.

Finally, the fire had settled enough for Bella to escape its' blaze, her face was flushed, hair fuzzed in all which ways, her eyes were narrowed at the gnome, but she'd been listening to them all, LiNeee was half suprised she didn't fling arrows at randoms.

Phoebey on the other hand, was still running around as a wolf. Her tail was straight out behind her, ears bent back and those gums pulled back to reveal a large snarl, she had gashed down her sides, fur missing in places, and a singe mark on the right side of her face that had obviously burnt away at her flesh. Her legs were shaking, but apart from that; she was fine.

They all waited, was it fight to the death, or leave in peace? Who knew?
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Why sacrifice a perfectly good vantage point? Well initially anyway, a few more throwing daggers fly out, seeking magic-wielding targets either to force them to find cover, or injure, all in order to keep magic from starting to fly about the room. Allies or not, these surfacers were doing him a favor. No specific orders to look into this, has he, but the matter seemed worth taking an initiative on. When daggers expire however, he is nearly about to dive down, when a second offer comes for peace. Hesitating for the opportunity to join the fray of a drider massacre, he still enacts the power of his enchanted ring, 'illuminating' his surroundings with [b:3e9c054j]Darklight[/b:3e9c054j], cloaked against Darkvision, and outside its reach, ordinary darkness lends him concealment still.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Silinrul, upon finding these corpses, glances back once more, curious that he isn't followed, though he supposes he might still be watched. A silent telepathic command to Iejir to keep watch behind them as he moves forward, careful, quiet, were he not walking into a Drider nest, this mess of corpses might not be so unsettling. Caution is the order of the moment, and yet, his chosen spell to clear the way remains on the tip of his tongue, ready to let fly at any moment, and send forth a terror that would surely clear his path, and make even Driders stumble over each other to escape. For the moment, however, he follows only the trail of corpses, the ever fresher scent of blood, and the echoing clatter of combat. Not about to rush in without support, he must still his heart and mind, despite the anxious desire to be in eye-shot of the grand melee. And then... the sounds of battle seem to die, but not all sounds at once. Yet, the air is quieter then, and subtler things can be heard, his awareness of his immediate surroundings growing clearer, and with this intermission, he doubles his pace, eager to see what it's all about, before all he is investigating is a battlefield full of bodies, or walking into a nest of victorious Driders.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

((OOC: *hugs Aylstra* It's okay, I know how it is, trying to keep track of everyone, and respond to them all. I go through the same thing on Facade sometimes.))

Eyes big as saucers, when the armored giant with katanas whirls into action, Skrach almost forgets there's a battle going on, watching in awe of it all, especially that hard-hitting punch that seems to make all the difference. It's then the rat hears more of the 'Voices' he hears from time to time, though likely this time his own sensibilities telling him to snap out of it and get back in the fight. No more silvery-weapon attackers in his way though? Brazen and bold as you please, he starts after the 'High Priestess' of these Driders, rushing into a whirling dance of his own, however his keeps him lower to the ground, with the occasional leap and spin, throwing momentum and weight behind particularly hard thrusts or slashing cuts. All these gyrations, ducks, rolls, spins and leaps, he goes diving under Driders, between legs, and more over, hacking legs off at their joints, after all, he's had enough practice doing this to the spiders he made his previously discarded spider-chitin armor out of. With every cut, evasion, and building momentum, joined with the bard's rousing song, those beady rat eyes grow wilder, and though far from the berserker disciplines of dwarves or barbarians, he falls unwittingly into a bloodlust rage. The deeper he falls into it, the more aggressive his stance becomes, along with taking more injuries, and blindly relying on racial damage reduction to protect him. Not even the cry of the Driders' leader stops him this time, and short of someone catching him, restraining him even, perhaps Onix whom he has apparently come to trust so very quickly, wild-eyed rat may very well try to hack off her legs next.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue remained unseen, and held off her attack when the voice managed to echo amongst the fighting. the dark twisted part of her wanted to fight, wanted to feel her sword cut thru exoskeleton, see ichor fill the cavern floor, to remove the abomination.
flashes of images from her darkest day filled her mind. images of a friend, her throat sliced open- by Zarae's own hand. Something deeper called out in that moment.
They were representative of the Dark Maiden, to guide others to the Light.

Instead she moved silently and stealthily thru twords one of her party, hoping they got the understanding as well.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~