"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix chuckled as Beznik went on another rant about the clone's kit and armor.
[i:3d5xa8yv]And here I thought [b:3d5xa8yv]you[/b:3d5xa8yv] talked a lot,[/i:3d5xa8yv] came Valor's voice inside Onix's head. The eagle's comment was both perfectly timed and brilliantly clever. The clone had to admit, for a guy who liked to blow stuff up, or Lothir claimed as much, the gnome was quite the chatter box.

[i:3d5xa8yv]Reminds me of a certain feathered avian on my shoulder, ehh?[/i:3d5xa8yv] Onix chided back with a snicker.

The harpy eagle stood upright, his feathers ruffled, giving the clone [url=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/ ... g:3d5xa8yv]this face[/url:3d5xa8yv].

Onix ignored his eagle friend and focused on Beznik.
"To start off, Beznik, no, I don't have little small creatures bonded to me within this armor; it [b:3d5xa8yv]does[/b:3d5xa8yv] however, possess organic material, like the chlorophyll within plants, which is the piece of the plant that turns it green, if you will, whenever there's sunlight out and about, or whatnot. The 'Nanite' aspect of OMNI implies the size of the structure and materials used. You could say that there are . . " Onix let the sentence hang as he searched for the right wording to use.
"Billions of cell-sized automatons within the armor that are fused with other molecular ingredients. I suppose, you could say that this armor is literally a 'second skin', which can augment physical characteristics, such as strength, agility and the like, or on the rarer occasions, drive me into a frenzied rage that doesn't stop until the threat is eliminated."

"Second; yes it does, come of, but only at the command of the wearer. So I essentially have to command it to come off of my physical body." For once, Onix was a tad bit relaxed, being able to explain things that he knew like the back of his hand to another. However, he made a note, that should LiNeee inquire about his armor, to explain it to her or anyone else, as well.

"It's not bonded to me, so much as wrapped around my body, with a very, [b:3d5xa8yv]very[/b:3d5xa8yv] small gap of space between my skin surface and the suit itself. Sleeping is as easy as any of you would do it; I just lay down and doze off, nothin to it. Your other two questions are, well. . . . loaded, to say the least."

[i:3d5xa8yv]Thank you, Captain Obvious,[/i:3d5xa8yv] came Valor's dry sarcasm with perfect timing.

"Button your beak, bird," Onix retorted.

Valor then turned about, and replied [i:3d5xa8yv]I wonder if LiNeee can hear me, given the fact that you two share a link with each other?[/i:3d5xa8yv]

Onix felt his cheeks flush, as they reddened with both embarrassment and anger. Shaking his head, the clone resumed his conversation with Beznik; "Truth be told, Beznik, are you sure you want to the know the answer to that question? To your [b:3d5xa8yv]other[/b:3d5xa8yv] question, well. . . same answer as your first inquire. Just take the armor off." Onix couldn't help but turn his head about and look back at LiNeee; her small, slender form appealing and wonderful.

[i:3d5xa8yv]Valor to Onix, come in Onix, is anyone there?[/i:3d5xa8yv] came Valor's voice; when he got no response from the clone, the eagle turned about to those behind Onix and said out-loud in his mind; [i:3d5xa8yv]somebody pull his string, he's not talking.[/i:3d5xa8yv]

Upon hearing Valor's comment, the clone swung his head around, and continued, though he was flushed. Turning to Beznik, the clone replied, "well, Beznik, if ya must know, ya I kinda do have a thing for elven females, besides their good looks, and [b:3d5xa8yv]oh-so[/b:3d5xa8yv] gracious charms. That being the simple but very real fact that they tend to live a [b:3d5xa8yv]lot[/b:3d5xa8yv] longer than humans or half-elves for that matter; and before you go on a tangent about age differences, yes, I'm a half-breed, so to speak, but an augmented and enhanced half-breed. My life-span has been increased from whatever the norm is here on Toril to around what Lothir's bucket-kicking age is, roughly."

Turning about, Onix grinned at Lothir; "and here, you thought that I was nearly half-way through my lifespan, ha!"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Looking up at the clone's voice raised in comment, the bard grins. "Hey, I never said THAT! You sayin' you'll live to be five hundred? Not the way YOU'VE been going, abbil!" He laughs, then turns slightly serious. "Not to be a kill-joy, but you want to keep it down, maybe? We're into the tunnels now, and even though we're not technically into the Underdark yet, there are still plenty of creatures living in the twilight zone that could easily make life much shorter for all of us. You know those bugs you got sent here to kill? There are creatures here- some of them MUCH more intelligent than those bugs- that can make a meal out of you in a heart-beat."

Beznik looks back, and nods sagely. "Eh, the lad's right. We'll be passin' close to an Illithid settlement. Not to mention Mantol Derith. The merchants there won't be too hostile, but those 'Flayers sure will!"

"Good point. Zarae? You and Kalannar want to take point? We're going to need scouts." The bard asks, waving them ahead as the tunnel widens a bit.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

(( XD to the face, V. Oh, and by the way- if you want LiNeee to hear birdbeak than send a PM my way? For now I'll just stick to a 'halfway' point. :) ))

Bella crossed one leg over the other gently, leaning back in the cart as she used one of the many corner poles as a back rest. She [i:1a516ne7]was[/i:1a516ne7] about to get up and walk up ahead to make sure things were clear, when Lothir sent Zarae and the one called Kalannar up, she sighed and settled back down in her spot. Her bow was strung across her lap, her arrow satchell strapped on her back tightly. Phoebey beside her, Bella raised an eyebrow, well Phoebey was behind her. She glanced over her shoulder to look at LiNeee.

Stumbling over a jagged rock, LiNeee drew her dagger now things were getting more intense, she held it in her right hand- though her other sat on one of her blades' hilt. She noticed Bella looking out the front, the small rise and fall of the arrow rears on her back indicating she was relaxed, but alert. Next to her was empty, where was Phoebey? Along the back of the cart, was a large python. Perhaps ten feet in length, but not at all as thick as it should have been to meet its long tail. She quirked a brow, that small alteration of it making the snake quite clear; it was Phoebey. LiNeee took a few quick steps forward and reached out infront, she looked up wondering who else had seen the snake, only to notice Onix look at her. She gave him a small smile before the snake slithered off the end of the cart and over LiNeees' hand, twirling up around the drowesses arm and over her shoulders.

LiNeee settled back and gave a nod to Bella, [i:1a516ne7]Phoebey[/i:1a516ne7] she thought with a roll of her eyes, receiving a nod before the other shifter turned away to the front again. [i:1a516ne7]What can I do for ya Phoebs?[/i:1a516ne7] LiNeee thought, looking down at the large head of the python now hanging over her shoulder, slowly shrinking back to about six feet. [i:1a516ne7][color=darkred:1a516ne7]Oh nothing much really, I just over heard Onix talking about something..[/i:1a516ne7][/color:1a516ne7] The head of the snake curled up and stared straight into LiNeees' eyes, the drowess swallowed even though she knew it was Phoebey, she'd always been uncomfortable around snakes. [i:1a516ne7]Oh?[/i:1a516ne7] The snake nodded, [i:1a516ne7][color=darkred:1a516ne7] about his suit, to that weird Beznik fellow. Said he'd take it off for an intimate session with you.[/i:1a516ne7][/color:1a516ne7] Phoebeys voice had risen in a childsome attempt to make a 'funny', as she called it. LiNeee smirked sideways, [i:1a516ne7]I doubt that Phoebey. By the way, you're heavy, so get off me.[/i:1a516ne7]

LiNeee shrugged, shaking the snake off her and onto the ground, however- before its scaled outer layer made contact, it transformed into a long lizard. Long, sinister nails sprouting out of dragon claws. A spitting image of one of the underdark lizards. LiNeee shook her head- [i:1a516ne7]no, Phoebey.[/i:1a516ne7] The lizard sighed, and before LiNeees' eyes, changed into a very grumpy, yet alert Phoebey. Her bow was strung over her back, red armour over her red long sleeved slip. In her right hand, a dagger much like LiNeees, the drowess had forgotten how young the shifter was, how much of a child. LiNeee leaned forwards and frazzled the girls hair before glancing behind her, than infront, than up each side of the tunnel-like cavern. Phoebey did much the same, relaxed, as she always was.

[i:1a516ne7]Onix,[/i:1a516ne7] She thought in a whisper.[i:1a516ne7] Your suit... You [b:1a516ne7]can[/b:1a516ne7] come out of it?[/i:1a516ne7] She couldn't help but to ask quickly as she strode on after the group, her pointed ears poking out under alabaster hair. Phoebeys words hadn't really stopped playing on her mind, it was only a small question anyway.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae hopped off the cart(?) and vanished from sight. she activated her house insignia allowing her to see everything (true see). her steps light and quick brung her several meters ahead of the group. she slowed looking for anything, whether signs of life, possible troubles, even traps.
many times she paused to listen, and wait before taking another step.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Lothir and frowned, not at the bard's suggestion to shut up, but more at his inquiry of his age. The clone more than knew that he'd live well beyond a normal human lifespan, hell, even beyond a half-elf's extended years. It was that knowledge that spurred him on to thinking differently than what his fellow brethren thought.

It was that thought process that evoked his reaction for LiNeee, and his now odd feeling to be with her.
[i:1w6n2avh]Why am I getting this way?[/i:1w6n2avh] the clone asked himself, not even caring if Valor could zone in on his thoughts.

[i:1w6n2avh]Maybe it is because you actually feel that you can help that young drow, hmm? Instead of trying to pull a blade at her because of her race or skin complexion, you feel the desire and urge to protect her, and guard her from all that would seek to do so. Through that thought process, you've gained the desire to mate with her, though why or how you got to that thought is far beyond me.[/i:1w6n2avh]

Onix's eyebrows shot up and he turned his head slowly to regard Valor who was merely looking off into the distance.
[i:1w6n2avh]Where did that come from?[/i:1w6n2avh] the clone asked his avian friend, surprised at both the abruptness, and insight behind the statement.

[i:1w6n2avh]Hmm, yess?[/i:1w6n2avh] Valor asked, turning his feathered head to regard Onix.

[i:1w6n2avh]Never mind.[/i:1w6n2avh]

The clone continued to walk along, though he made a small sprint to catch up with Lothir; walking alongside the bard, Onix looked upwards at him and said in a low voice; "and yes, Lothir. I will live to about 500 maybe even longer. Why did ya ask though," the clone was genuinly curious for a split second, then he smirked up at the drow bard. "Jealous?"

[color=violet:1w6n2avh][i:1w6n2avh]Your suit... You [b:1w6n2avh]can[/b:1w6n2avh] come out of it?[/i:1w6n2avh][/color:1w6n2avh]

Onix turned his head about to regard LiNeee; even where he was, he could make out the curiosity on her face.

[i:1w6n2avh]Of course I can take off my armor, LiNeee; and yes, I can come fully out of it. I'm still flesh and bone underneath.[/i:1w6n2avh]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: LOL, way to double-post, Veraka!! :p

IC: The bard glances down from his perch at Onix's question, then shakes his head with a soft chuckle. "Jealous? Hardly. No, no reason, really- just that if you keep going the way you have been, your life-span is apt to be a LOT shorter than that estimate. Take it from one who knows. People who live as you and I do don't generally live out their entire natural spans. Hells, I've already died once- and given my current situation, I'm NOT eager to do it again. Especially since there probably won't be anyone around to bring me back the next time. And as much as I would dearly love to see Ravyn again, I know that she will still be there when my time comes, and I have a new life now- one that is as precious to me as she was. But yours has barely begun. Don't go and recklessly loose it before you have a chance to live it. You don't want to spend your afterlife regretting the things you never got a chance to do."

He glances back at Li'Neee thoughtfully, and then back at Onix. After a moment, he turns to seek out Luaxena, and motions her over to speak.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:18l97kt4][color=indigo:18l97kt4]Of course I can take off my armor, LiNeee; and yes, I can come fully out of it. I'm still flesh and bone underneath.[/i:18l97kt4][/color:18l97kt4]

LiNeee blushed, well that had to be a good thing, right? She gave him a weak smile and nodded, replying gently through the link; [i:18l97kt4]well, I guess we'll just have to test it,[/i:18l97kt4] without another thought she gave a giggle before turning to Phoebey. [i:18l97kt4]"So, how did you go in the fight?"[/i:18l97kt4] She asked the shifter, who quirked a brow and merely shrugged, [i:18l97kt4][color=darkred:18l97kt4]"the best. Like always."[/i:18l97kt4][/color:18l97kt4] She replied with a wink, LiNeee chuckled and looked at the back of the cart, Bella's small elven ears stuck up under her crimson hair, she looked...Almost beautiful, for once, instead of sinister and angry. As if sensing the thoughts, the elder turned and glanced over her shoulder, shooting a thick tongue out at LiNeee who lowered her head with a small smile.

[i:18l97kt4][color=darkred:18l97kt4]"LiNeee, I'm kind of scared..."[/i:18l97kt4][/color:18l97kt4] Phoebey said quietly, holding her dagger at her side, knuckles turning white with just how hard the girl was clinging to it. LiNeee leant over and placed her fingers around the others, giving them a gentle squeeze. [i:18l97kt4]"There isn't a need to be, dear Phoebey..."[/i:18l97kt4] She said calmly, letting go and placing her hand back on the hilt of her [i:18l97kt4]own[/i:18l97kt4] dagger, [i:18l97kt4]"just think, we have a superhuman clone, Lothir the...Well our politician of sorts, Leuxana whose a priest and the dwarves who are bloody crazy! What could there possibly be left to worry about?"[/i:18l97kt4] The drowess asked, giving the uneasy child a reassuring smile, though perhaps it was more to settle herself. However, it seemed to work, Phoebey sighed tentively and glanced sideways, [i:18l97kt4][color=darkred:18l97kt4]"it sounds silly I know, I just don't want to...I mean,"[/i:18l97kt4][/color:18l97kt4] she took a small breath to calm herself, and tried again; [i:18l97kt4][color=darkred:18l97kt4]"all this talk scares me, Lothir announcing just how close we are now, and Onix and his superiority has me shaking.[/i:18l97kt4][/color:18l97kt4] [i:18l97kt4]Superiority?[/i:18l97kt4] LiNeee thought...

[i:18l97kt4][color=darkred:18l97kt4]"I just fear that, when the time comes, I won't be a help, I'll probably just stand there... Or worse, stand there and scream."[/i:18l97kt4][/color:18l97kt4] The shifter finished. LiNeee stepped towards her and draped an arm around the small shoulders that made up Phoebeys small height and stance, she had lovely blonde hair, a pale complexion that was basically flawless and the most innocent eyes. [i:18l97kt4]"I believe in you Phoebey, you just have to believe in yourself. When the time comes, I'm sure you'll act for the best and not the worst, just trust your instincts. No one has to die, and I for one hope none of our group does, I've grown compassion for them all..."[/i:18l97kt4] She paused and looked up at Onix, [i:18l97kt4]"especially Onix... If anything were to happen to him, I just don't' know how I could cope. So instead of thinking about him, us, I'm going to just look forward to a possibility of life after this journey, a life where just maybe, I could share it with him. Until then, just keep your head high just as I will mine, and remember that even though the drow people in the underdark look evil- it was only how most of us were brought up."[/i:18l97kt4] LiNeee leant down and gave the Shifter a small kiss to the forehead.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Zarae and Kallanar begin scouting ahead, as the darkness deepens further down the long, winding tunnel. Water can be heard dripping somewhere in the distance, echoing off the walls in a confusing pattern- confusing to those not born and bread to the Underdark, that is. A few small side tunnels snake off along the way, but Beznik leads the small group unerringly down the main passage, using only a pair of goggles (which he seems to have produced out of nowhere) to see where he is going. The ponies seem nervous, but it is clear that his, at least, can somehow tell where it is going, perhaps having been this way before.

As the group moves deeper into the mountain, the path begins sloping further downward, creating a slow but obvious decline. Soon the wagons pass a small underground stream, which flows swiftly through the tunnel in a narrow channel alongside the path. Zarae's ears catch fleeting sounds of something in the surrounding tunnels, but the direction and distance seem distorted by the sound of rushing water bubbling along over the smooth stone floor. Kallanar, too, hears quick skittering sounds, but neither can pinpoint what they might be or where they are coming from. For all the two scouts can tell, they might simply be the noises of small bugs clicking to each other in the dark, amplified by the echoing tunnels.

Just as Beznik calls a halt near a part of the passage that widens out into a small mushroom and moss-studded grotto, a stifled cry comes from the rear of the caravan. Looking back, Lothir frowns, and turns to the others. "Onix, I think LiNeee's wandered off, did you see where she went?"

A moment later, two more hushed yelps come from Phoebe and Bella, and when anyone looks, both have vanished. "Folks, we ain't alone in here," Beznik mutters unnecessarily. "Best be ready fer anythin'."

-----------------------------------

Elsewhere.....

As Zana and the others continue to attack the hook horrors, the remaining ones soon appear to decide- if such mindless creatures could be considered to decide anything- to find easier prey elsewhere, and suddenly break off the attack to go rushing off into the Underdark, screeching angrily.

Soon all that is left is the fast disappearing sound of their clacking, then silence. The three drow are left breathless, but relatively unharmed. However, the fight is not far from the patrolled tunnels of Menzobarrenzen, meaning that a drow patrol hearing the commotion and coming to investigate is a distinct possibility....
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

At Lothir's question, the clone turned about and regarded his bardic friend for a split second.
"Well, no I thought she . . . " the sentence never finished as the two newer stiffled cries for help from Bella and Phoebey echoed out from the rear of the caravan.

Onix felt his blood turn to ice, as he drew his katanas and blitzed it over to where he thought she was, Valor taking off from his shoulder and flapping furiously to keep pace.
Onix arrived too late, only to find an empty space where the girls had been sitting. Sheathing one of his weapons, the clone knelt down to get a closer look at what had happened.
He saw three trails, indicating that the girls had been taken and drug away into another section of caves, leading away from the caravan.

[i:2hul40ed]LiNeee?[/i:2hul40ed] Onix sent out his mental cry for the drowess and her friends. No response.

[i:2hul40ed]LINEEE!!?[/i:2hul40ed]

([url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ1OV75weYA:2hul40ed]Two Steps from Hell-Invincible[/url:2hul40ed])
The clone felt his heart sink as the one person he cared about suddenly had disappeared and he couldn't do a thing about it.
The clone felt his anger spike as his heart increased in pace as he heard Valor's voice in his head.

[i:2hul40ed]I'm sorry my friend; but there's really nothing that can be done now for her. Even if you knew where to look, you're alone in your hunt. I don't like it any more than you do, but sometimes there's just some things you just can't change.[/i:2hul40ed] The eagle's voice was filled with pain as he spoke those words to Onix. The clone however, was not so willing to give up.

Turning back to the caravan, he replied "Yes I can." The tone within his voice cold as the Frozen Wastes.

His crimson eyes glowing with an intensity that could rival a balor's rage, Onix engaged his armor. Glowing blood-red, his OMNI armor started to change, physically on the outside, the nanites rearranging themselves to conform to the command that Onix had sent to his suit. His armor morphed from the layered-muscle looking suit of armor into something much more sinister looking.

The armor now conformed to the clone's chest build, rather than looking like overlapping muscle tissue. From his outer biceps and outer-thigh muscle, bone-white spikes protruded forth from those areas. His helmet also shifted as well His visor disappeared, becoming transparent, revealing the clone's crimson-glowing orbs of fury and wrath. White spikes came forth from around the clone's head, forming into a bone-white exterior head covering. When the transformation was complete, Onix didn't look a thing like before. More demonic looking than anything else, the clone glared off into darkness, almost daring whatever it was that had grabbed LiNeee and the other two girls to come out and face him.

Onix then made a silent vow that he would destroy everything in his path that prevented him from finding the girls, especially LiNeee.
The clone knew one thing; from here on in, any enemy that he found would be facing the wrath of one pissed off supersoldier.

Turning about, Onix walked back up to Lothir's position in the caravan, saying "They're gone, let's get moving; I need to kill something, preferably sooner than later." The last part of his sentence came out in a growl.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((didnt wanna point it out...i was wondering how the non-drow were seeing ))

it was as if she hadnt been gone the last 5 years. her senses returning to what they had been before she left. the rogue following the sound, silent as the darkness they were in and piwafwi camouflaging her heat signature, pulled out a leather cloth that looked slightly warm in the sight of the drow. she didnt think Kallanar could read the silent sign. unwrapping it, showed one side radiating a dull magical heat. moving to a spot where the other scout would see, she sent fast flashes to him carefully. a signal that there were something near and probably dangerous. then she heard the voice of the clone, loud in her ears echoing down the tunnel. which meant something was probably wrong back at the carts. she put the item away and drew her dagger as she tried to determine the sourse of the sound.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

As Zarae comes back to the carts, a soft clicking sound comes from somewhere nearby, like claws on stone. As she follows the sound, she glimpses a flash of movement from the direction the group came from- possibly from the last side-passage the party had passed. The sound is more distinct there, and it is soon clear that it is the sound of some large creature- perhaps several- scuttling along the stone passage with many feet.

Those who have lived in the Underdark- particularly in any drow city- would soon recognize the sound as that of a very large arachnid of some sort. Then a high-pitched, almost chattering sort of laugh comes from somewhere down the tunnel, followed by a muffled sound of a female cry for help. The answering sound of claws scraping against stone and the scream that follows are blood-chilling....

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

The hook horror got freed from Vlad's lethal grasp, and the remaining took off in the same direction from which they'd come.

"That's odd," Zana watched them go, confused. She then laughed, "You must have really gave them a scare, Vlad."

[i:245ayl8g]Doubtful, but, hells, I'm up for believing that,[/i:245ayl8g] he chuckled.

Zana addressed the other two, "Are you guys alright? Because we should probably move on. This is the Underdark, nothing escapes the watchful eye of the drow, a patrol is bound to come this way." She tucked her bow back onto her back and pulled her piwafi on her, bringing the hood low over her brilliant blue eyes; the one thing that could ruin everything, should they be stopped.

[i:245ayl8g]Something's close by,[/i:245ayl8g] Vlad's head lifted high into the air, ears moving like mini radar, whiskers twitching.

"Patrol. Let's move. You two are welcome to come with us," Zana said to Katherine and the drow male. She and Vlad headed out of the tunnel, away from the oncoming patrol, the last thing they needed was a patrol to stop them in their tracks.

They headed further out, through the twisting tunnels, and through the utter blackness of the Underdark. [i:245ayl8g]I sense something else...[/i:245ayl8g] Vlad sniffed the air and followed his nose.

[i:245ayl8g]Where are you going?[/i:245ayl8g]Zana questioned.

[i:245ayl8g]I smell...bird! A big bird at that![/i:245ayl8g] Vlad was getting excited now, hunter instincts kicking in. He gulped air through his nose, following the scent. He led the way through the spider web of tunnels until he stopped abruptly, causing Zana to bump into him.

"Oooff," she let out a breath of air. "What the hell, Vla--" She stopped dead, vaguely seeing what Vlad had sensed.

[i:245ayl8g]This bird is mine,[/i:245ayl8g] Vlad sunk low to the ground, and slowly put one paw in front of the other, never taking his eyes off the eagle. He moved with such silence, only the sound of very distant flowing water could be heard.

Zana was afraid if she moved, she'd shatter the deadly silence. [i:245ayl8g]Be careful, [/i:245ayl8g]she cautioned.

[i:245ayl8g]It's an eagle. He's the one who should be careful.[/i:245ayl8g] Vlad was tempted to look over his shoulder and give her an Are-you-stupid look, but chose to keep his eyes on the big bird.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar sort of stared at Onix when he asked him to scout. Doing such would mean being able to drink less, and would also mean he'd have to stop being fairly lazy. Both of which seemed fairly tempting at the moment. His gaze wandered over to Luexena though for a moment, and wishing no harm to her he'd slowly get to his feet once more and hopped out of wagon once more and dissapeared into the shadows of the brush. Mentally, part of him cursed himself for being swayed by a simple glance to Luexena, while the other half applauded the decision to keep the drowess whom he had grown to care for as more than someone he wanted to lay with, safe. He'd keep a bit behind Zarae, his eyes weren't aidded by magic, still, he was sure he could see a hell of a lot further than her. He had often taken up the task of being the look out on the ship he sailed on out in the Trackless thanks to his well trained eyes.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The young priestess seemed to be lost in her thoughts for a long span so even missed Lothir's invitation. Her thin fingers were locked around the ring on her chain and the woman's eyes were closed as she spoke to someone who she knew would be able to hear her, but she'd not be able to hear them back. It was her loss, the burden she was trying to carry stoically, still shedding her tears secretly over the beloved lost.

Time heals, they say, but the pain was still feeling sharp, the memories were still fresh. In her mind she was addressing Szareth, conversing to him, finding her comfort in it. A tiny single tear sparkled, rolling down across the charcoal cheek, she wiped it away fast, used to such.

[i:26y16qej]"They are gone"[/i:26y16qej] - The words broke through the haze of her memories and Luexena opened her eyes, blinking the tears away quick, hiding her expression until she regained her usual composure. [i:26y16qej]...Gone?[/i:26y16qej] she asked. [i:26y16qej]No trace? ...I can try to scry on them, Onix, as soon as we find a suitable scrying font.[/i:26y16qej]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

At the sounds of the distant cries, Lothir curses to himself, then sighs. "Luaxena, when we find those girls, I need to ask you something important. But it'll have to wait for now." He turns, and goes over to the wagon that he'd left hitched- the pony quietly munching on some hay he had thought to bring- and goes over to Beznik's cart. "You didn't happen to bring any of your alchemy equipment, did you?" He asks, glancing at the gnome.

"Eh? Sure- your lady friend need a bowl fer scryin'?" he asks, with a thoughtful grimace. The bard nods, and he waves absently to the cart. "Help yerself, lass. I ain't never been much fer peepin' in on folks, meself, if'n it helps find them point-eared gals, go 'head."

Lothir gives him a dubious and exasperated look. "Beznik, not to sound waspish, but YOUR ears are a little pointy, too, y'know..." He shakes his head in annoyance, and stalks off to find a bowl for Luaxena.

Meanwhile, Zarae notices something odd on the walls near where the three girls were last seen- a few thin strands of something white and almost invisible- like strands from a web. Kallanar spots several tiny scratches in the smooth stone of a nearby wall, most of them high overhead. They seem to have led from the ceiling above, but there are no other marks to follow a trail.

-----------------------

As Valor is fluttering almost silently through the dark, there is a sudden, low growl from just ahead, but he cannot see what is making it. but it sounds close, large- and hungry..... (Your cue, Zana!!)