"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Postby Pheurazath » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 am

Would that the rat could see clearly, or that the screaming voice were not barely audible, his eyes too might turn to the leader of this band of Driders in shock. Not just for the order, but for the sound of terror. When all grows still and quiet though he hears a little more clearly, and looks around as vague figures become clear again, answering outright, "You holds Skrach cornered for long time, cornered between Underdark and here. If you hates the Matrons so much, why you not say so?! Skrach is coming from Calimport to kill the Drows that the treacherous dog, Artemis Entreri, brought there, then go back! Been back under the sun and moon looooong ago if not for all you! Skrach only joins fight, because he is thinking this is chance to get away, maybe get his revenge, maybe not, but at least get out of Underdark."

Well now there's a few revelations for all sides, and very much so for his spidery captors of a sort, that have exploited his fears, yet tolerated his presence. He'd all this time been willing to stick a knife in those Matrons for the price of the asking.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Postby LiNeee-niss'xae » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:08 pm

(( Gah, edit for ALL of my posts, considering, and obviously- I havn't put enough DETAIL into them, on the explosion subject! ))

Bella, having ignored most of the detailed wall and sticky substances on her way up the cliff face, now took into degree the full aspect of it, the walls were lined with webs, and when the explosion hit, by some lucky, behemoth gnome, they were rattled enough to come loose- well some anyway- and go rolling down the face. However, the loud outburst of noise and the fire that ignited the cavern... Bella was lucky enough to be on the ledge, where the fire lit the webs, making it utterly impossible for any to see her, and for her to see any. "Just great..." Her arms flopped heavilly by her sides, all her senses shouting; HOT! She didn't much mind the warmth of the fire at this distance- perhaps a metre- any closer she'd be getting a little warning sign of danger, or death. Hands on her hips, she stepped back on the small ledge, bracing her back against the stone wall, enclosed spaces, hmph! She thought to herself, her hair covering her already sweaty face.

(( Not sure what's happening with Phoebey or LiNeee, but I'll play them out from what I recall so far. >.> ))

Phoebey let out a whimper as she was thrown into a wall, a driders leg caught her in its' rampage towards another, though it didn't see her and slammed her one- a good one at that. She landed on her stomach, the drider landing near her with a thud, he'd tripped. "Ha!" She cried proudly, wincing just a little as she got to her feet and brought her gums up, a snarl- "not so good now ya on the ground aye!" She triumphed over the mighty creature! Well, not yet- but she could think that. Phoebey darted forwards precisely, her jaws opening wider and wider until she was able to latch them around her prize, and rip it straight from the domain to which it were meant to be left. A tide of rippling, crimson liquor fled from her victim, leeking out onto the orange tinged floor, but it wasn't over yet. Just as Phoebey spat out the horrid organ, another Drider was upon her. Phoebey couldn't help but laugh as it lost its steadiness through the explosion, its long legs bending to weird angles, she rolled her eyes and bound towards it, shutting her senses off to the fire that rolled around her like a flaming feild.

(( And finally....))

LiNeee let out a breath as the area around her shook ferociously, what the hell was that... She tilted her head to look behind her, the large drider had left her in here by herself? There was no guards, to what she could see, and no other priests or prestiesses, odd.. However a moment later, she could hear the booming voice, she could feel the fear that dripped from Phoebey, and the terrified aura that seemed to explode outward from Bella. They were her only family, she had to get out of here. The silk was still tight around her body, but there had to be someway out of this, than she had an idea. Valor! Her mind shrieked, "Valor I don't know if you can hear me, or if you're out there, but I need your help!! Her struggles began then, each muscle flexing as she tried to pry the silk off her, she needed sharp tools, or huge claws.. Either would do just fine. A feeling of vunerability hit her as the ruckus died down outside, what did the matron have in mind for her? And her children? I'd rather die than become one of them... That was her final thought, before the sound of shrieking began to vibrate through the wall....

It was Bella...

(( Missed anything, PM me. ))
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 pm

the rogue was surprised at their fleeing. but now was her chance. disappearing into shadows (hide in plain sight) she moved over twords the drowess on the table. Stealthwhisper shrank down to a pendent size and was reattached to the mithril chain.
nearing the altar, she knelt down and whispered softly, "by the Dark Maiden, dont move or the blade might slip," hoping Lineee might recognize the rather quiet rogue's voice. or if nothing else, that it was not a llothite standing there.
Moonshadow set on the altar beside her the soft glow temperary gone, a dagger was unsheathed and Zarae proceeded to cut the bindings.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 am

Onix whirls about, hacking and slashing at the huge drider in front of him, as Kalannar hurled his throwing knives at creature. However, it was when the drider completely stopped, in mid-battle that the clone paused.

He turned around to find the source of the disturbance, he finds what he can make out as the high priestess of the nest.

"Why do you come here?! Who are you- agents of the Matrons?! Have they sent you to slaughter us for daring to raid their patrols?"

"Why did we come here?!" Onix barks at the priestess, his own tone chilled to negative temperatures; "that's simple, three of our party members were captured by your patrol males. We came to get them back, witch!! Whatever the matrons want with you is not a concern."

The clone keenly noted the movements that signified spells being readied and he felt his own hands tighten around his blades.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Postby Luexena Deana » Fri May 13, 2011 1:43 am

As the drider High priestess began to ready the spell, this would be when Luexena actually close up on her and attempt to sink her blade into the accursed creature's chest to try and slay her in one hit, the singing sword would slash through the air swiftly. The young Eilistraeean priestess saw the spell forming upon the drider's lips and braced for the impact, hoping her natural resistance would help her to live through it.

Her knuckles turned almost white as she gripped the sword so tightly, seeking to drive it through the drider's chest. The lavender eyes taking in the movements around her as the other two priestesses slipped out of the temple and other driders rushed in. Yet her target was right infront of her and Luexena was not going to turn back.

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Fri May 13, 2011 6:48 am

The high priestess turns at the clone's words, and glares at him scornfully in contempt. "Who are you, to speak to me thusly, worm? You DARE to address a daughter of the Spider Queen?! Fool!!" She whirls, her gaze taking in the entire cavern, and the carnage. She contemptuously ignores the were-rat, for he is vermin, far beneath her notice, though some of the others seem both surprised and curious at his outburst. They have never heard him speak before, and a few appear to be considering his words.

The Priestess continues, looking over all the party, though she still has not discovered Luaxena's presence. Her spell held ready, in case of treachery, she addresses the group. "We did as the Goddess bids us, to increase our numbers by finding breeding females to join our colony. Now, because of your interference, we are left with fewer warriors to defend ourselves! And you committed the sacrilege of threatening our young! That cannot be forgiven!"

She holds up one clawed hand, and all the remaining males move toward the entrance, and raise their weapons again, blocking the way back. "Perhaps you would ALL like to join us as well? That would perhaps make up for some of our losses...." She says, her words an unspoken threat. Or perhaps there is another way.......?

-------------------------------------

Elsewhere, in the shop of the tailor, The Oblodra male smiles. "So, are you interested in our proposal, then? You will of course be well compensated for your time and efforts- and there is, of course the added benefit of no longer being beholden to ANY Matron!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Postby Calabask » Sun May 15, 2011 12:15 am

Kalannar kept his eyes on the Drider that he and Onix had been fighting, while keeping his ears open as the priestess spoke. Did he hear that right? She wanted them to join them. Six additional legs definitely would not do, it was just about all he could do, to make sure the two he had remained attached, he didn't want to worry about six more. "Oi! I don' thin' we be lookin' t' join ya lo'!"

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 pm

((b/c i kinda have to wait for Lineee, I'm gunna have Shade come back.
if it can cause enough of a distraction with the drider priestesses- a 3 foot tall, 6 ft diamater spider that doesnt have an evil aura...

ok the truth is im bored and waiting on someone else...))

Shade, who'd been called forth earlier and had been exploring all the surrounding areas was now heading back. She heard the commotion as she skittered along the ceiling. The unique spider entered the large cavern. web shooting from her butt, she lowered herself down to the cavern floor and crawled twords the driders.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Postby LiNeee-niss'xae » Sat May 28, 2011 12:59 pm

(( I'm so sorry Zarae, to be honest I missed your post, then everything hit me at once. Gotta love crazy horse. But I'm all recovered now and I'm back posting. ))

LiNeee shivered slightly as a small voice whispered in her ear, she almost had the nerve to try writhe under the silken web, but of course; she knew it was Zarae from when she'd spoken to the rogue outside the Inn. LiNeee lay still, her fingers curling to make her hands into fists, she needed to get out of this, she needed to make sure her girls were alright, she hadn't been able to reach them through the link. "Zarae, please hurry!" She pleaded, feeling the webbing begin to shake as the instrument the rogue used cut away at its bindings, it was a strange sensation, but a hopeful one. She knew it was almost time for her to be out of the sack.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sat May 28, 2011 8:07 pm

((no problem, use to it anyway.
you went to visit the Tasunka Witko- Crazy Horse, memorial statue being built? i was there 2 yrs ago. ))

the blade struggled slightly with the thick webb bindings, a reminder she needed to sharpen them soon. finally they gave way and was cut thru.
"gaer," she whispered ("there"). She helped Lineee get out quickly, "Everyone is in the main cavern."
Resheathing the dagger Zarae picked up Moonshadow, held a gloved hand up telling Lineee to pause a second before she began looking around the cavern room they were in quickly. the priestess may have some magical trap or ward set...and to set it off now would not be good.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Postby LiNeee-niss'xae » Sun May 29, 2011 3:19 am

LiNeee felt the bindings snap around her, a sudden release of pressure that had her sighing in what seemed to be relief. "Thankyou Zarae!" She said quickly, sliding off the altar and finding the bearings of her feet. A dizzy spell hit her at first but soon cleared up, Bella, Phoebey? Answer me... She sent through the invisible link, the other two girls were at a loss. With LiNeee anyway. She waited while the rogue summed out their surroundings, but she ithced to get out.

(( No, I meant a genuine crazy horse. I got thrown off and dislocated my like... Whole body. haha ))
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 pm

((oh! a crazy horse.... lol. hadnt fallen or been throw, tho Penguin nearly bucked me off once when he was young. he got better to where i then rode him bareback. get better))

Zarae didnt find anything, signing back to Lineee the way was clear, but to be careful outside. Zarae then vanished from sight and exited the room, Moonshadow's glow quieted to not give herself away.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Postby Ogrim » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 am

((I didn't notice this editing until just now, was waiting for a separate post.))

Elsewhere, in the shop of the tailor, The Oblodra male smiles. "So, are you interested in our proposal, then? You will of course be well compensated for your time and efforts- and there is, of course the added benefit of no longer being beholden to ANY Matron!"


Guarded expressions pass between Silinrul and Iejir, at this question that almost needs not be asked. A silent two-second agreement between both, before they return their attention unto their new acquaintance, Iejir with a smug grin, and Silinrul with a, "Let's go see what trouble the city patrols keep running afoul of."

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 am

Kimmuriel grins wickedly. "Excellent. Now, if you wish to leave soon, I have a portal waiting that will take you out into the tunnels, somewhere near the area where these disappearances have occurred. Perhaps you will have better luck than the patrols have had." He snaps his fingers, and suddenly the old tailor moves toward a large mirror, and speaks a strange word while pressing on a small gem set into its top. The mirror darkens, and appears to open up as a large hole inside its frame.

---------------------------------------------------------

While the high priestess is engaged with the main group, one of the males with the silvered weapons seems to be edging closer to the were-rat, watching him warily. In spite of his mistress's orders, he seems reluctant to lower his blade, and his companion, seeing his move, glances around, and begins moving to the other side of him....


Meanwhile, one of the two other priestesses turns for a moment to glance back at the temple nervously, and spots the prisoners escaping. "Escape! Our ritual will be RUINED!" She snarls, and turns back to intone a chant that suddenly renders all the magic in the area nullified. Everything within the cavern suddenyl stands revealed as it is, with all enchantments and spells gone.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 am

((hide in plain sight is not magical as far as i know))

"busted!" she called to Lineee feeling the effects of a antimagic spell working. Shade was vanished, the magic keeping her around gone.

Zarae dashed to the darkness able to vanish in seconds. when out of sight, she began moving silently twords the rest, her adamantine blade ready before her attempting to slip by the drider to sneak attack if needed.

(43 in hide and move silently without the roll itself)
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron