"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena spotted the angry drider priestess, surely the pendant and the remains of the robe were a giveaway. So the drowess ran toward her to intercept, bringing the blade up in a hope the rushing drider would impale herself onto Erel'lua'ae. Luex' lips moving, evoking [i:7udp12nl]Divine Favour[/i:7udp12nl] and charging her blade with it. The sword sang it's song, glowing even brighter with the moonlight now as the Sanctuary was shed and Luexena stood in front of the drider that was rushing her way. The silver blade lifted up and aimed at the cursed creatures chest, the song seemed to -fill- the cave, echoing from its walls, inspiring the young priestess' comrades.

Should the drider priestess fail to halt, she'd surely be ran through with the weapon. Another prayer was already forming, ready to escape Luexena. She was preparing to toss a [i:7udp12nl]Word of Faith[/i:7udp12nl] into the temple to blind the enemies in it.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar seemed almost frantic in the fighting, throwing dagger at anything that seemed to move at him. So when he bumped into Onix, the first thing he did was whirl around, prepared to strike the clone with one of those daggers until he realized who it was. Giving him a grin, he'd whirl about to face the two who were taking aim at Onix and whipped the throwing daggers in his hand at them both, and following it up with another for each. He'd then grab his blade and would spin about to Onix's side, trying to drive the point of his rapier into the belly of the drider he was currently engaging.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The two driders, who were taking aim for Onix, crumpled under their own weight, Kalannar's aim true to his bantering, two throwing daggers protruding from their throats each.

The heard himself sigh thankfully; He had for a split second, nearly disengaged the drider he was still fighting to lunge at Kalannar, when he had whipped himself around to face the clone with his weapon readied to strike.
Onix, recognizing the friendly face, flew into a frenzy, whirling around to block a precise blow from the tough drider fighter, only to launch a blow at the creature himself.

The clone felt something right behind him, and looking around, saw the pirate at his back, fending off the enemies from his six.
"For once, I'm actually [b:1b43vz1j]glad[/b:1b43vz1j] to know a pirate," the clone shouted at Kalannar over the noise.

Onix, keeping his katana's flying around every which way, kept the drider he was facing off with at bay. Going in down, arching up, and slashing back diagonally, the clone wove a tapestry of whirling metal around the drider, but still to know avail.

[i:1b43vz1j]This is getting old. . . fast,[/i:1b43vz1j] the clone thought to himself, seemingly not being able to find an opening in the fighter's defenses.

He then decided to pull an extremely risky maneuver against the drider; coming in with both of his blades down at his side, Onix jumped into the air, and brought both of his katanas around in wide arching horizontal slashes.
The drider easily parried both attacks; however, that didn't phase the clone an ounce, as he brought both of boots forward, and slammed the drider right in the chest, his drop-kick connecting full-force.
The drider, even on all of its eight legs, couldn't stand up to the armored, three hundred pound supersoldier colliding with it in full force, and [b:1b43vz1j]not[/b:1b43vz1j] stumble backwards, providing the opportune moment for an open attack by another fighter, due to the fact that in that second, Onix was pulling himself up off the ground and back up onto his feet.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

At the opening Onix granted him by causing the drider to stumble, Kalannar would jab his blade into the creature's stomach, attempting to disembowel it. "I'm a gentlemen o' fortune! No' a pirat'!" He exclaimed while doing this. He'd then draw another throwing dagger, tossing it at another drider that seemed to be walking up behind Onix. [i:2c9pw8z8]"Th' figh' don' seem t' be over ye'!"[/i:2c9pw8z8]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[quote:32u9ahxy]The High Priestess laughs, clearly unimpressed with LiNeee's feeble attempt to distract her. "Foolish girl, we ARE her daughters! Mother Lolth has given me the power to create her chosen ones, and your pitiful goddess cannot save you from becoming one of us! Watch, child, and learn the TRUE power of the Spider Queen! Soon, you will JOIN us!!" She begins her chant, even as Phoebe escapes, obviously unconcerned with the temporary loss of one.
A few moments later, Zarae tosses the pellet, and is promptly rewarded by a shriek of outrage from the High Priestess and the other two drider femmes. The two lesser priestesses curse loudly, while the larger one snarls and looks about angrily once her eyes adjust. "Whoever has interrupted our ritual will PAY!!!" she yells, and quickly barks out a spell that causes a brief explosion of sparkling dust in the air, which falls on everything in the room. (Glitterdust!)
She leaps to the ceiling, scuttling along above any possible intruder, and exits the temple. "What is causing all that ruckus out there?!" she growls, and leaves the others with swiftly snarled orders to "take care" of the now-revealed drowess. Clearly, she does not see Zarae as much of a personal threat, and is more angry that anyone got this far at all.
With wicked grins, the other two priestesses begin spells of their own. One sends out a wave of greenish-brown fog that causes Zarae's stomach to lurch in nauseating waves, making her feel ill from the stench. (Stinking Cloud!) The second priestess attempts a holding spell on her, hoping to freeze the intruder in place. [/quote:32u9ahxy]
[quote:32u9ahxy]The shout reached her ears and she ran that direction as fast as she could. Her blade was drawn and singing a song of a battle - one that the others could not hear yet as the priestess remained in her Ethereal Sanctuary, slipping past the driders-guards, intending to stop the Llothite priestess before she manages to complete the ritual. Keep shouting, LiNeee... Luexena whispered under her breath. So I could find you...[/quote:32u9ahxy]

A bright light stung through the many passage ways and caverns of the drider nest, hitting just about all who didn't expect it, driders hit walls, eachother, one even fell on Phoebey in it's frantic uprage of the few seconds it couldn't see. She howled in protest, the cub now a full grown wolf, her brown fur tussling about her body as she tried resisting the crushing weight. As sight came back she threw it off her, arching her back and digging her claws deeply into the sand, the drider turned on her, of course now full grown- those canines were huge and sharpened to the very core, she faught back with them, ripping and tearing at any piece of flesh she could wrap her jaws around. Unfortunately for the drider, two of its' legs were victims of said jaws, Phoebey de-limbed two of them, putting the drider off balance on one side, causing it to topple over. Phoebey grinned and lunged at it, jaws tearing at jugular muscle. The drider was soon silent.

The mess outside had the priestess leaving, LiNeee glanced up after the glitter burst and brightness had faded, well mostly. The whole, drider-on-the-ceiling thing had her completely freaked out, just looked like some huge spider, [i:32u9ahxy]guess that's what she kinda is...[/i:32u9ahxy] She thought with a slight smirk. When the priestess had left, and the other two went to get whoever had let off the pellet, LiNeee turned to the shell Bella was in, finding it completely empty. [i:32u9ahxy]"Bella?"[/i:32u9ahxy] She asked, swivelling her head trying to figure it out, that was before a soft voice entered her mind, that voice that always gave LiNeee a sense of serenity. [i:32u9ahxy][b:32u9ahxy]"Keep shouting LiNeee... So I could find you."[/i:32u9ahxy][/b:32u9ahxy] It was Leuxana, LiNeee smiled to herself, feeling the priestess was close, maybe a little too close.

[i:32u9ahxy][color=darkblue:32u9ahxy]"Boo,"[/i:32u9ahxy][/color:32u9ahxy] Bella whispered off to the side, [i:32u9ahxy]"what are you doing!"[/i:32u9ahxy] LiNeee hissed, staring at a brown eagle who had settled on the edge of the altar, the long beak pecking at the silk around LiNeee. [i:32u9ahxy]"It's no use, I'm stuck..."[/i:32u9ahxy] LiNeee muttered, lying her head back, [i:32u9ahxy]"my bow is sticking up my ass..."[/i:32u9ahxy] The bird coughed out a noise much like that of a laugh and pulled its' beak back off the silk, snapping a miniscule piece. [i:32u9ahxy][color=darkblue:32u9ahxy]"I'll get you out, I promise. I promised G'all."[/i:32u9ahxy][/color:32u9ahxy] LiNeee looked at her blankly before again she was staring into the hazelnut eyes of Bella in her humane form, long lots of ebon falling around her face...And then, she was gone.

Out of the cavern Bella sprinted, picking up her bow and arrow pouch from the ground where she'd fallen from the silken coccoon in arcane form, pulling on a black cloak that pooled there, on the way. Her eyes narrowed, as arrow after arrow slung into the bow strings, were pulled tight, and let go to snap forwards and into the air with precision cuts, one straight through the skull of drider that was scuttling for Onix and Kalannar, it fell silently. [i:32u9ahxy][color=darkblue:32u9ahxy]"Ha! Think you can mess with us now?!!"[/i:32u9ahxy][/color:32u9ahxy] She shouted as she clambered up one of the cavernous walls, a small cave sat at the top, perfect for a position above all else where she could aim endlessly. However, on her leap up the stone, an explosion rocked the driders nest off towards the side, where the entrance was. Fire lit up the far wall in a flash of ignited fury, Bella saw Phoebey go up in flames under a drider who was much the same, though everything moved alot faster from there.

LiNeee fell silent as the explosion hit her ears, sending tingles down one side of her neck. [i:32u9ahxy]Onix...[/i ] She was suddenly terrified of the outcome in it, one burst and everything out there could have disappeared. Was it the Drider Priestess? Her many sheep? Or one of the guards perhaps? Maybe it was even one of the group LiNeee had started to get to know. The wriggling was to no avail against the silken coccoon, she just wished that somehow she had powers that could help her turn forms, like Phoebs and Bella. Oh, it's helpless! I'm stuck in here while they are all out there fighting for their lives."[/i:32u9ahxy] She threw her head back in anger, [i:32u9ahxy]"Eilistraee! Help me!!"[/i:32u9ahxy] She shrieked through newly born tears....

Phoebey: Unknown thoughts and notions for now.

OOC: Sorry for the delay board. And sorry to Aly, I actually had read over the little gnomes work with the explosion, and it was in the back of my mind. But I guess I just forgot to throw it in somewhere, hope my edit is enough. Thanks. :)
Last edited by LiNeee-niss'xae on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Kathryn nods at the drow and follows him and the others through the tunnel, gripping her staff tightly. She makes the mistake of following the gnome, who trips and throws the flask into the air, her eyes involuntarily following its ascent and is momentarily blinded as the flask explodes.

She stumbles back, slamming into the wall as she frantically slaps at a burning pain in her arm seconds after, having no idea what is around her at the moment. As she starts to see various flashes and shadows a few seconds later, she brings up her staff in front of her, and cries out as the lightning arcs towards her, a large spasm rocking through her as the lightning hits and passes.

She steadies herself against the wall and finally looks up, her eyes slowly getting used to the sudden abundance of light all around, and sees the gnome below the flaming drider. She brings her staff up beside her, running forward as close as she can to the heat, which isn't quite far, and bringing her staff out with all of her strength, trying to take the drider off of the gnome.
Last edited by Arya Baenre on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix was just glad when the pirate, or "Man o' fortune', as he claimed himself to be, pierced the tough drider's hide and into its stomach, which would then be joined by one of Onix's katanas where it was.

((Since the Gods are breathing down our necks,)) Right then, a blast burst out from behind Onix, searing heat lancing towards him. His armor absorbing the brunt of the fire, he was, however, trying to regain his concentration, which had been shaken by the sheer loudness of the crazy gnome's explosive work.

"My god, the crazy old bastard's damn near as screwed up in the head as Pyro," the clone muttered to himself.

[i:4ojwkncl]And that's coming from [b:4ojwkncl]you[/b:4ojwkncl], which, might I add, that that is no small compliment. The bumbling idiot's fiery toy sent me sailing through the blasted air like a bloody pigeon; despicable fat rats with wings.[/i:4ojwkncl]

[i:4ojwkncl]And here I thought that it was hard enough to get you to talk half the time, Valor; or is it that you've been knocked off your high nest?[/i:4ojwkncl] Onix chuckled to himself as the thought went to his harpy eagle friend.

[i:4ojwkncl]You know what I mean, you over-sized lout![/i:4ojwkncl] Valor let out a squawk to emphasize his agitation.

What grabbed the clone's attention was the [b:4ojwkncl]second[/b:4ojwkncl] strong fighter that Kalannar had launched a knife at. However, his attention came a bit late as Onix was hit square in the back and sent sailing through the air, slamming into a full grown stalagmite. He growled a low grunt of pain as he got up.

"They just don't learn" the clone muttered, launching himself into a whirlwind of devastation against the drider, despite his ears still trying to sync with his brain.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

OOC: I was gonna wait for more of you to respond, but I'm bored and feel like replying, so I'm going to add a little something in while I wait. Oh, just an "Fyi", I edited my last post to slot in the explosion, apologies on that one, I glanced over that one it seems.

IC: Bella perched low on the cliff ledge, it smelt like death, but she didn't seem to mind. Her eyes were moving just as fast as the commotions going on below her, until of course; a drider seemed to think ledge-climbing would be a good career for it. Bella glanced down, the tip of the arrow following her stare as she tilted the bow down, [i:26wx8mvc][color=darkblue:26wx8mvc]"oh aren't you a little daredevil..."[/i:26wx8mvc][/color:26wx8mvc] She cooed at it, recieving the short and befuddled snort of arragonce from the prancing, eight-legged, wanna-be-climber, drider. She rolled her eyes and flicked her fingers off the string, sending the arrow through the driders head, [i:26wx8mvc][color=darkblue:26wx8mvc]"Bulls-eye!"[/i:26wx8mvc][/color:26wx8mvc] She sung after the animal hit the deck, a grin of defiance playing at those crimson lips.
However, Phoebey was still lost in the flames somewhere, and LiNeee was still a captive, this propelled the smile to lack in enthusiasm almost instantly.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: This is a short one for Silinrul, while everyone reads over the brief description of the battlefield in the OOC thread. Hopefully, you can all get a better idea of what's going down.

IC: Kimmuriel gives him a thoughtful look, and nods. "Ah, good, so you're not a fool, then. You realize, of course, that we must test those we believe are worthy of joining us. And don't worry about your House- I have it on good authority that it is soon to be ayacked. Matron Srune'lett has been getting too ambitious for the liking of some, it would seem. Whether your family stands or falls will depend entirely on Lolth's whims. Just how loyal ARE you to them, anyway?" He queries, giving him a slight smirk.

"We can provide protection to them, should you wish House Srune'lett to survive. Or, we could aid its enemies in causing the fall you spoke of. Its all the same to us- we simply go where the money is, after all. Power comes in many forms, wouldn't you agree?" From his tone and words, it is clear that he is feeling the Szar'kai out for possible betrayal of is family, in return for- what, exactly? That remains the question.....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Silinrul gives a slight shrug to the query of his loyalty, "Loyalty is not a thing one should hold to, too tightly, lest they be blind to the ambitions of those closest to them." One such person comes to mind, his own brother who would surely like to be rid of him, "And yet, there is sometimes strength in ties of blood. Much of this I was not meant to know, and I see better opportunities abroad, than here. What Breagan D'aerthe does, in regards to my family as a whole, I will not make my concern, I ask only that my youngest sister, Brizanna survives, and is given refuge among your band, until such time it is safe for she and I to speak. Yes, you may take it, I agree to your interests with this surface town, in light of events soon to happen, that I am not meant to know are coming, and so, do not." So matter-of-fact is his voice, as he insists ignorance of the impending attack.

Upon Silinrul's shoulder, Iejir smirks wickedly wide, more openly privy to the thoughts of his master, without need of invasive telepathic probing. And with that insight, he clearly silently approves the infatuation with a sibling. An approval hardly sought, but all the more encouraging, in knowing the Imp will not prove an irritating opponent of the relationship.

After a pause to emphasize his insisted upon 'ignorance', the young Srune'lett inquires, "Supposing I would agree to look into this other matter of missing persons, am I to have your company upon this investigation? Were it not a task to evaluate myself, as well as the situation, it would stand to reason it would have already been investigated, and the worried Matrons, given the terrible news."

Unguarded thoughts follow the question and statement, already dissecting various outcomes of sending him with merely a small contingent to support him while he investigates on his own, and nearly every avenue concluding in either rendering it pointless, or potentially disastrous (or at least disruptive) to his plans to defect and align with the infamous mercenary band.

These thoughts conclude with, "At the very worst, unless there is evidence of something abnormal about these particular transformations, it seems we can safely assume there is a renegade priestess at work, who means to undermine the power of every House in the city, by capturing and turning every patrol into a horde of Driders. Whether this is to build an army to march against the city, or simply continue this chain of abductions and transformations, until there are so few Drow left, that they may simply move in and take over without even a single true battle, I cannot say. At best, we may assume that the priestess responsible is local, and has a motive to overthrow every other House, which means we can get right back to the status quo, and eventually the violator will be killed, either by someone knowing the significance of the slaying, or not."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The Oblodra male laughs, and gives him a meaningful grin. "Of course. As it happens, we've had some reconnaissance from a contact above recently, who tells us that there is in fact a small band of merchants and others heading here to do business from that very region. They will likely pass very near to where the disappearances have been occurring. Our associates Above tell me that they are entertainers, mostly, and that there are several personages of interest among them. In particular, they have a gnome in their company with whom we've dealt before. He's an alchemist of some repute- and NOT in a good way. Has a rather bad habit of causing chaos wherever he goes."

He chuckles, and then turns serious again. "Perhaps if you could join up with this band and discover what they might have learned about these disappearances, we could make it worth your time."

OOC: Okay, so here's where we start to connect you with the others, and hopefully get things really rolling! Everyone else bear with me, I've got to sort through the posts (and make sure everyone has had a chance to respond) and then we'll see what happens in the fight.

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar let out a hiss of pain as the explosion echoed behind him and Onix. He could feel the tiny embers of the flames nip at his neck and back, the heat being felt through his clothes for a brief moment before it died away. The pirate stood there, confused for a moment as he tried to figure out what just happened, and settled on blaming the gnome for it. They were always the cause of explosions. Just as he was regaining his bearings he saw Onix get launched into a stalagmite. Waisting no time Kalannar chose to leap up onto the Driders side, grabbing his throwing knives and attempting to stick them in any soft portions of flesh he could find that were not armored.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Yes, the explosion made her stumble a moment, yet Luexena did not pay much attention to it right now as her focus remained on the drider in the High Priestess attire. As the drider rushed from the temple, Luexena rushed toward her, seeking to intercept and charging her blade. So if nothing stopped her, the merry ex-High priestess of Lloth would end up with her chest impaled onto Erel'lua'ae.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Loud noises, and bright flashes, despite having reached a heightened state of awareness and clarity of mind, focused and ever alert of the battle around him, Skrach could not help be caught off guard by the brilliant flash and thunderous boom that seemed to explode all around him and his silver-wielding adversary. Eyes adapted to the darkness, gifted by virtue of his rodent nature, with dark-vision, are suddenly dazzled by the bright flash, and his surroundings immediately after are hard to make out clearly. And then of course, that thunderous *BOOM*, echoing off of walls, and though his ears fold back, at the same instant his eyes are dazzled, his hearing is temporarily stolen from him, replaced with ringing. Through it all, as he tries to blink away the partial blindness created by the flash of the explosion, Skrach maintains enough good sense to keep his guard up, and trust in other senses whilst two of them betray him.

An acute sense of smell, helps gauge nature of, and general direction of people or creatures close by, the rest lies in touch, and the feel of air as it caresses his fur or whiskers. No, these are not the best replacements, but he manages by them while staying defensive. Meanwhile, in the depths of his mind, he asks 'The Voices' for help.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Sorry for the long delay, folks- I lost me net for a few days, and was too busy working to be able to do it elsewhere! And now we return you to your regularly scheduled battle....

IC: The high priestess is rushing out into the battle with fury engraved on her once-beautiful face, prepared to smite all who stand against her followers- until she sees the three small figures huddled together amid the chaos.

"NO!!" She cries out, suddenly changing course to scuttle with all speed toward the driderlings. She pulls out her whip and holds it menacingly at anyone who dares come near the small trio, as she stands at full height over them. "Cease at ONCE!!" She yells, as it becomes clear that her side is fast loosing the battle. As one, all the driders who remain turn with startled looks, gaping at her in shock, and then slowly lower their weapons to back away toward her and the little ones, forming a defensive circle around them.

"You fools DARE enter our home?! You attack us and try to slay our children?! May Lolth punish you for this insult to her Chosen children!" She shouts, clearly ready to cast a spell in retaliation. Even the sorcerer raises his hands just behind her, readying a spell of his own at the first sign from his mistress. The other two priestesses slip quietly out of the temple, standing just outside the doors ready to aid their fellows as well.

"Why do you come here?! Who are you- agents of the Matrons?! Have they sent you to slaughter us for daring to raid their patrols?"

----------------------------------------------

Zarae was preparing her attack, when the other two priestesses heard the sjouts from their superior outside. They looked at each other, and seemed to hesitate for a moment or two. Then the nearest one seemed to figit uncomfortably, as if bothered by something. " Let us go- we need to aid our mistress!" She exclaims, scuttling out as if glad to get away from the temple, for no reason she can discern. Somehow it had become oppressive....

Edited for Zarae's last post, and clarity....
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.