"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

(I like the post, dear, and I think it's just what I needed.)

The ensuing chaos, the screams, not of human or Drow voices, but the unmistakable terror and pain of Driders, those that rushed to the exit below the lurking rat. They came to his quivering ears like the sweet sound of a sounding battle horn. The quivering then suddenly stilled, and the fear that had held him captive in all his years stuck hiding there, became overpowered by a feeling that had become almost alien to his senses... Hope! And then, there came the sight of a fleeing wolf pup, pursued by that lone Drider, and at that moment, Skrach had had ENOUGH!

With nary a sound, he drew his bladed short-staves, and with a simple twist-lock design at the bottom of either handle, they're combined into a full staff, with those spear-like blades at either end. Never has he dared strike them, never have they feared his presence, and as he leaps, they at last learn their folly in letting him stay. Aimed and timed is his leap, diving with his spear-staff leading, all the force of his leap, and all the force of his weight and gravity behind it. The only warning the Drider stalking the wolf pup gets, is the rush of air, a fraction of a second before his bulbous abdomen becomes nailed to the floor, that vicious blade rammed through the top and out the bottom, cracking and fracturing exoskeleton as it goes.

Much of the shock of the landing broken as the chitin-armored rat lands upon that same abdomen, he lets out his shrill rat-like screech, a battle-cry declaring, "SSSSSKRRRRACH!" just as he twists off the other end of his staff, and thrusts it into the back of the dark elf torso, through the heart, and lancing out the front!

Hardly satisfied with just one though, the realization that he is NOT powerless against them stirs a blood-lusting craze in the rat, a madness of a sort, blinding him to his fears and his despair. And it is so, that with a shift of his weight, and a firm upward tug, he leaps up and twists around, hopping off his very first slain Drider, yanking out both staves, causing more blood to spurt out, and off he begins to stalk toward that temple-cavern, with dreams of heroics and rescuing distressed damsels, just as in the tales he used to hear upon the surface. Crazed though he might be just then, his stalking is not without immediately slipping into the common rogues' practice of being sneaky, an art he learned well, even in the often wet tunnels of the Calimport sewers, where splashing water might normally give away one's position. His own body heat, far from hidden though, he would still try to have the drop on that priestess, rather than risk her getting a single spell off.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: ROFLMAO!!! LiNeee, that was just too funny. BTW, no it was not Lolth, it was the only high priestess of the colony. Remember guys, driders who were priestesses before being cursed still have all their priest abilities. I'm just running with that idea for an unusual twist on drider ecology....

IC: Hearing the young girl's words, the large female drider turns to look at her as the three are placed on the floor of the temple. "Araushnee? ha-ha, you do me FAR too much honor, girl-child! No, I am Matron and Valsharess Alaundra Ill'raviir, a mere servant to our Mother Lolth. She has spoken to me of secrets even the drow do not know. WE are her true children, destined to rule over our former kin, for we alone are so close in nature to Her. She has shown me that we are not cursed, but blessed, given greater power than our former kin, and shape that is more fitting to Her Chosen. WE ARE ULTRINNAN!!"

She laughs, and then moves into the center of a large circle etched onto the floor- painted over in what appears to be blood- as the three males move aside, for two more females. The two others appear much smaller than the one who spoke. Together the three females begin to intone a chant, as the first bundle- LiNeee, as it happens- is placed upon a spider-shaped altar in the center of the circle, while two braziers suddenly flare up into life, the fires crackling in an ominous dark purple-black flame.

At that moment, there is a loud commotion outside, and the one named Alaundra snaps her head toward the entrance of the temple, to pin the three males with a hard stare. "You three! Go find out what is going on out there and DEAL with it! There must be NO interference in the rite!" The male driders, with the sorcerer leading the way, all nod and give a peculiar bow from their spider half, and depart.

------------------------------------------------

As Zarae slips into the main cavern, she sees the sudden commotion of the entire colony coming to life around her as they hear the shouts from the entrance. A few moments later, nearly half the small settlement is armed and streaming toward the entrance, to deal with whatever threat waits. Focused on the outside threat, they hardly seem to notice that there is one already in their midst, sliding between shadows. Zarae notices three very small ones who seem to have stopped in the middle of some sort of game to stare in confusion at the sudden activity around them.

One large male scuttles out of a large, ornate-looking cavern at the back, along with two others, and scowls. He barks orders at the others, and they move to take up positions guarding the cavern they just came out of. The larger one then skitters swiftly toward the entrance, his clawed feet clicking on the cavern floor.

At that moment, two things happen. First, a terrible sound of screams that are not quite drow and not quite animal emerge from the main entrance, along with the now gore-spattered armored shape of Onix. He comes roaring in like a maddened bull elephant, ripping through the ranks of driders as if they were little more than flies.

Second, another shape- this one oddly appearing like a rat in some sort of spider-shaped armor- launches out of a small upper cave, screeching bloody murder, wielding a bladed staff as it seems to fly at the driders with an almost insane gleam in its beady eyes. The rat-thing heads unerringly toward the large cave at the back with the two guarding it, even as Onix stops suddenly before the three small driders (children?) who are staring up in terror at the tornado of fury that is the clone soldier. He yells at them to run, but they cower in a small huddle, crying.

The drider sorcerer sees Onix, and snarls out the words of a spell. Suddenly, a volley of missiles streaks toward the clone, magical bolts of force that fly unerringly to strike his armored body, emitting a shower of blinding sparks as they hit. The drider almost instantly begins his next spell, this time aimed at the lunatic rat making for the temple. A ray of blood-red energy streaks at the creature, hitting him from behind (it's a ray of enfeeblement, FYI).

----------------------------------------------------

The party soon hears a frightful din up ahead in the narrow tunnel. <This way, he's just ahead of us now!> Luaxena hears Valo in her mind, as the eagle flies ahead of them into the large cavern. Beznik toddles along at a faster pace- who knew a crotchety old gnome could move so fast?- muttering to himself about filthy spider-things sidetracking his business deals. He stumbles again, in spite of the goggles over his eyes that let him see clearly in the darkness, but tugs at a pocket of his strange apron to pull out what appears to be a small round object with a capped neck on one side.

"Oh, Goddess, he's getting out the bombs..." Lothir says, and mutters what sounds like a quick prayer to the Maiden. "Hope you guys like your driders char-broiled...." He readies his sabers, cool blue eyes narrowly focused on the entrance ahead.

"I HEARD that." Comes the annoyed reply from the gnome.

OOC: Okay, that should do it until Silinrul and Zana and Arya post, if they're still around. I think I've got everyone else set up. Let me know if I've missed someone, as the rest of the party should all be together now.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae not loosing sight of the one carrying off the two, looked back to the scream, seeing the fight, the small driders and a giant rat? what a mess.
the distant sounds of the others coming was good news, as long as she got to the two before it was too late and they got their before the clone took too much punishment from the spells. ((if the small driders are kids and look like their about to get slaughtered let me know.)) that was her chance, and she slipped into the chamber while her hand was reaching into the pouch. it grasped ahold of the small glass pellet, one of 4 she had left.
a deep breath, she hurried in silently and still invisible twords the center. then pellet in hand tossed it before the priestess drider, closing her eyes before it broke and released the light of the sun in the cavern, moving twords Li.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

"Braegan..." Silinrul begins, with a mere whisper, the glance shared between him and his imp, one of mutual surprise. It is for Iejir however to hold that expression still, whilst Silinrul composes himself, arching a brow and canting his head at the introduction, and then offer. To the latter he answers first, "I do believe I've sufficient coin, however, I would hear more about this favor. 'Tis folly for me to enter into a deal with you and yours, without knowing what is being asked of me."

Iejir, for all its shock at the revelation, being its master's slightly better informed spy outside the boundaries of city and plane, knows of the mercenary band just enough that the demon begins its protest, "M-master! This is Braegan D'aerth we're talking about! It's a great honor to..." and it trails off, receiving a cold, threatening glare, accompanied with a mental threat not to finish that sentence.

Silinrul returns his attention back to Kimmuriel again, "Apologies, the imp makes a fine familiar, despite certain troublesome tendencies." That assessment has Iejir getting puffed up at first, and then hurt at the rest. How sincere the little demon's emotional injury is, could a a mere feint, though it at least [b:12c4ex4p]looks[/b:12c4ex4p] authentic.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:h45l1iye]"You've come at a bad time, ladies. We've lost three of our number to some driders, and it appears they may be using them for some purpose we don't yet know. Or perhaps the Maiden sent you to aid us? Onix is here too- he just went rushing off to try to find the girls who were taken. The eagle is his." [/color:h45l1iye]

Kathryn nodded slowly, looking around at the group as the drow spoke, standing next to Zana and breathing in easier when she realised the strangers must have been her friends. "Is there anything we can do to help?" she offered hesitantly, looking up in the direction of the noise. She eyed the gnome with a little curiosity, then shifted her attention back to the one she assumed was Lothir, "I'm sure the more there are to fight the better."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Into the uprage ran a terrified Phoebey, scrambling under Driders' many legs, afraid that one step could have her impaled to the floor. Her tail sprung free behind her, curling and whipping- giving the cub sized wolf fair balance. Up ahead, the massacre of Onixs' fight was visible, she didn't feel sorry for the driders perse, but it was quite the unbalanced quarel.

LiNeee began to writhe within her coccoon of silken web, though without avail for her form barely moved an inch. Her eyes were wide, just as terrified of becoming one of these abominations, now she had been placed on the altar, as Phoebey was of being impaled. She was out of options, though one did play at the forefront of her mind, but perhaps infuriating the matron wasn't the best thing she could do at this point in time...

Bella was quiet, she watched as Phoebey darted out of the cavern, her golden eyes slitted in fury. Why didn't she think of becoming a cub.. She would have caught her energy way more vigorously than stupid Phoebey, she could have transformed again out there, than actually been of help to Onix. Her four legs were crumpled against her body, her large ears pointed skyward in distress, that muzzle of hers rising and falling with every passing drider- a snarl of warning. Though what could a wolf do against a Drider? They'd just have to find out...

LiNeee went with the extreme option; [i:29s8lvwe]"Oh I knew you weren't Lolth, you aren't even good enough to be one of her daughters. Look at you, you're disgusting and bile! You're pathetic compared to Lolth, and you are both even [b:29s8lvwe]more[/b:29s8lvwe] pathetic than my Goddess Eilistraee![/i:29s8lvwe] She shouted, her head slamming back into the altar as those crimson shaded eyes of hers broke through the facade of normality and a sinister hiss broke through her lips. At least if she got through to the matron, which was a long shot, it'd gain time...

Phoebey drew in a deep breath as she finally burst through the stampede of scrambling, eight-legged twits. They were rather hilarious though, she was having fun to say the least. She'd been trying to expand her wolven form since she'd broken free of the cavern, with only periodic succession. She wasn't strong enough, she could already feel it wearing away at her energy like there was no tomorrow, she could just pass out at any time. Onix was in the middle of his rumble when he came into full view. [i:29s8lvwe][color=darkred:29s8lvwe]"Oh hey,"[/i:29s8lvwe][/color:29s8lvwe] she sang, poofy paws sliding her entangled body under a large male Drider who poked his head under his abdomen to look at her, she gave a snarl and a wink before she threw herself into his back two legs, sending eight legs into a rather uncomfortable splits. She didn't wait around, instead she looked over to Onix and howled, a sweet sound that could only produce a smile to ones face- a pups first sound. She frowned and shook her head, [i:29s8lvwe][color=darkred:29s8lvwe]Onix, I know this is kind of your thing, killing and all that. But, you might wanna go rescue LiNeee first. Before she turns into one of these creepy-crawlies. Just saying.[/i:29s8lvwe][/color:29s8lvwe] She said, eying off the large rat-like animal that had just made its persence known..

OOC: Yeah I knew it wasn't Lolth, but I figured it could be entertaining if the girls thought she was. Haha.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix continued on his rampage of an assault, obliterating any resistance that came into contact with him and his whirling katana's of wrath. It is only then that he spots a little wolf pup bounding towards him. Something about the pup makes him stop for a moment.

[color=indigo:33bn9h5s][i:33bn9h5s]Onix, I know this is kind of your thing, killing and all that. But, you might wanna go rescue LiNeee first. Before she turns into one of these creepy-crawlies. Just saying.[/i:33bn9h5s][/color:33bn9h5s]

For a split second, Onix consciousness came back, in control of his entire body and mind for a split second; "Believe me, Phoebey, I'm trying; but these damn . . . [b:33bn9h5s]things[/b:33bn9h5s] are not making it easy for me. I'm . . ." the clone's words were cut short as the first of the volley of magic missiles slammed into his back. He roared out in agony, his armor having absolutely NO defense against that kind of barrage. The clone's instincts and rage kicked into overdrive, forcing him to dive into a roll, to no avail, the last three of the missiles striking home on his armored body.

However, it was the chaos-dancing, blade-staff wielding nut-job of a biped rodent that caught his attention. Onix had seen many, [b:33bn9h5s]many[/b:33bn9h5s] strange things in his lifetime as a clone soldier, but this just blew everything outta the water.

"What the fuck. . " the clone whispered to himself, not catching the subtle hint of Zarae breaking her flash bomb down on the ground. His helmet absorbed the worst of the blinding light, but being caught off guard did the clone no good, his sensitive eyes having adjusted to the darkness, being overloaded by the light intensity of the sun. Pure adrenaline coursed through his veins, bringing his heart-rate to the red-zone. Onix may have been blinded by the flash grenade, but one certain avian wasn't, and he was getting more and more anxious with each passing second that one certain gnome took his time stumbling around.

[i:33bn9h5s]Did I not say [b:33bn9h5s]hurry up, you bumbling fool[/b:33bn9h5s],[/i:33bn9h5s] Valor barked through his telepathic link to Beznik; [i:33bn9h5s]Onix's breathren could do this faster, and they're ten times as likely to get themselves killed doing so.[/i:33bn9h5s]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

A chirp is all that escapes the rat, as Skrach stumbles forward from the suddenly increased weight of the world, and though not as wise to the tricks of magic, intelligent enough to stop in his tracks, and reach between chitin segments of his suit, procure a phial full of a brownish-orange fluid (potion of Lesser Restoration), and down the potion.

The weight of his gear and of his own body once more normal, in charges the rat, beady red eyes flaring with rage, and a touch of insane elation, as he begins as he sometimes does, to hear 'The Voices'. With much speculation on this phenomenon, it has yet to be decided if it is madness, or inspiration of a higher power, but he listens to them, and against the melee attackers in his way, his charge becomes a dance of evasions, and tumbles, more often than not having their bodies as a shield against further magical attack. For the few hits he takes in this 'inspired' dance, he shrugs them off as if a minor nuisance, that useful lycanthropic damage resistance paying little heed to weapons not properly prepared for the task.

Out of the fray he charged into, he rolls just before the offending mage who tried to cripple him, and up to his feet he springs, leaping into a spin, to add strength to his throw, as he launches one of his short-staves at the humanoid abdomen, just above its union with the spider one, and then, just to make sure that if the Drider survives that, comes in behind the skewering blade and gives a vicious bite just above that, inflicting both an infection of Filth Fever (Fort DC 12), and Curse of Lycanthropy (Fort DC 15), as well a bit of damage minor compared to the blade, which is pulled out afterward. Hardly done yet, again he makes his charge, now attempting to rush the temple-cavern. The voices demand the priestess drider's head as a trophy.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena simply murmured a [i:1he2vg6o]Tree Seeing[/i:1he2vg6o] blessing, to be able to see everyone hiding around her, then slipped into a [i:1he2vg6o]Greater Sanctuary[/i:1he2vg6o] once more, fading from the sight, unafraid, knowing that none of the foes would be able to see her now as she rushed forward, fortunately missing the flash of the bomb Zarae dropped. The priestess ignored most of the fighting right now, ducking to not run into stumbling driders and even rushed past Onix, murmuring a [i:1he2vg6o]Heal[/i:1he2vg6o] prayer quickly to mend his wounds, pausing only for a few second then darting away, unseen to him. Her aim was to find the altar.

She knew enough of such rituals and knew how they were performed. It required an alter, a dagger and a priestess of the Spider, along with a dark chant of a prayer to Her. So she glanced about hastily, listening intently, trying to catch a sound of something similar in the seconds of silence in the midst of the battle raging around.

[quote:1he2vg6o][i:1he2vg6o]...my Goddess Eilistraee![/i:1he2vg6o][/quote:1he2vg6o]
The shout reached her ears and she ran that direction as fast as she could. Her blade was drawn and singing a song of a battle - one that the others could not hear yet as the priestess remained in her Ethereal Sanctuary, slipping past the driders-guards, intending to stop the Llothite priestess before she manages to complete the ritual. [i:1he2vg6o]Keep shouting, LiNeee...[/i:1he2vg6o] Luexena whispered under her breath. [i:1he2vg6o]So I could find you...[/i:1he2vg6o]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Okay, let's see if i can keep everyone straight here. This is a LOT to keep track of, after all, and I'm sorta rusty as a DM. (Last game group was nearly a year and a half ago...) For this post, I'll just go in the order everyone here posted in, to make it easier. However, I'll be combining part of LiNeee's segment with Zarae's part, since they both involve the priestess.

IC: The High Priestess laughs, clearly unimpressed with LiNeee's feeble attempt to distract her. "Foolish girl, we ARE her daughters! Mother Lolth has given me the power to create her chosen ones, and your pitiful goddess cannot save you from becoming one of us! Watch, child, and learn the TRUE power of the Spider Queen! Soon, you will JOIN us!!" She begins her chant, even as Phoebe escapes, obviously unconcerned with the temporary loss of one.

A few moments later, Zarae tosses the pellet, and is promptly rewarded by a shriek of outrage from the High Priestess and the other two drider femmes. The two lesser priestesses curse loudly, while the larger one snarls and looks about angrily once her eyes adjust. "Whoever has interrupted our ritual will PAY!!!" she yells, and quickly barks out a spell that causes a brief explosion of sparkling dust in the air, which falls on everything in the room. (Glitterdust!)

She leaps to the ceiling, scuttling along above any possible intruder, and exits the temple. "What is causing all that ruckus out there?!" she growls, and leaves the others with swiftly snarled orders to "take care" of the now-revealed drowess. Clearly, she does not see Zarae as much of a personal threat, and is more angry that anyone got this far at all.

With wicked grins, the other two priestesses begin spells of their own. One sends out a wave of greenish-brown fog that causes Zarae's stomach to lurch in nauseating waves, making her feel ill from the stench. (Stinking Cloud!) The second priestess attempts a holding spell on her, hoping to freeze the intruder in place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"The one and only," smirks the strange drow, chuckling softly. "We've been hearing interesting things about you, szar-kai." He lets that comment linger, hinting that he knows much more about Silinrul than he has let on. He ignores the imp for the moment, though he does nod at it's attempted interruption. "He's quite right, you know- it IS an honor to be counted as our ally. You ARE an ally, I hope." By his tone, it would almost sound as if he was making a veiled threat.

"But- to business, yes? We have learned through other contacts out in the wilds recently that certain members of patrols have gone missing in an area not far from where you will be headed. The interesting thing is that they were all lesser priestesses leading the patrols, and they suddenly vanished from right under the noses of their companions. Several were later found dead- bodies shriveled and drained, and horribly misshapen as if they died in the middle of some bizarre transformation. Three are still unaccounted for. The ones who were found dead all had attributes that appeared as if someone attempted to turn them into spiders or some other arachnid creature- segmented legs sprouting at odd angles, mismatched eyes of spider and drow, huge fangs, or some other malformations. Ghastly."

He pauses, giving Silinrul a meaningful look. "Obviously, we would like someone to look into this- our resources are currently tied up elsewhere, and certain matrons are paying VERY handsomely to discover what became of their daughters- but this is only half of our interest in you. We also are interested in trade or other relations with the village you are going to be spying on. Yes, we know about your Hosuse's plans to wipe those humans of the map, but we feel it would be more profitable to all involved if they were made trade partners instead. What the matrons don't know, right?" He grins, and winks at Silinrul, then leans back to wait for his response.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lothir looks at the drowess with Zana and nods. Yes, we could use all the help we can get," he states flatly. "We don't even know how many there are. By all means, do join us." He gives her a slight bow, before spinning on his heels to rush after the others who have already gone down the passage. He beacons the two to follow him,calling out to Zana, whom he clearly knows. His swords gleam in the light ahead, their slender mithril blades seeming almost to flash in eager anticipation of the battle.

He quickly overtakes the old gnome, who has pulled a small flask from one of his pockets now, still muttering about pointy-eared fools not waiting for their elders.

-------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: These last three I'm going to combine for the larger battle, since it pretty much involves everyone not already engaged. Thus, Onix, Skrach, Lua, and everyone else will all be in this part.

IC: Phoebe desperately darts in and out between drider legs as they furiously battle the clone, the strange rat, and now, the rest of the party that suddenly bursts into the cavern. She spies Lothir and Zana leading the way with Kallanar, Beznik, and the unknown drowess(Kathryn) close behind. Luaxena enters last, unseen, the priestess's blade singing as she slipped in and out of the battle to find the two missing girls.

As the gnome enters the cavern, he stumbles headlong into the drider tripped by Phoebe, and the flask flies out of his hand to smash into a nearby wall, igniting into a mass of flaming liquid that douses the drider, Beznik, and a large section of the webs that make up the nest-homes of the driders. They burn quickly, spreading the flames to much of the cavern's upper portion in seconds. The driders shout out angrily at this new threat, and fight even more viciously than before. Oddly, the gnome himself seems unharmed by his own mishap, in spite of having a flaming drider thrashing about right above and around him.

As the drider on fire howls in rage and pain, Lothir leaps into the fray, a battle-hymn to the Maiden loudly ringing through the cavern from his lips, as he swiftly moves into his battledance to cut a swathe through the driders' ranks as he seeks out Onix- who, it seems, has found one of the tougher warriors of the colony, and is even now fighting him toe-to-talon in what seems to be a stalemate. Somewhere, they can hear the odd giant rat shrieking out his wrath at the driders, and a wolf cub howling in a ridiculously high voice, as it nips at their clawed feet.

The drider sorcerer calls up another spell, this time a bolt of lightening that forks and jumps eagerly toward the party, in an arc that links Onix, the bard, and the rat (Chain Lightening, guys- you can try to save, or not. your choice, of course, but please make it realistic.) The bard is hit, but narrowly manages to keep his feet and his rhythm in the deadly twisting, spinning, sliding dance of blades he wields.

Meanwhile, Luaxena has found the temple- mainly because a very enraged priestess has just leaped out of it into the fray. As the Dark Lady spies the drider female, a small shape- vaguely like an egg?- sails toward the large drider mage, and breaks open into a cloud of thick gas. He begins coughing, and back up onto the wall, as a distinctly gnomish chuckle sounds from somewhere nearby. "Ha! THAT'LL show em!" crows the bespectacled old codger. He looks up at the flaming webs, and claps with glee. "Ooh! They burn so pretty! Too bad they shrivel ino ash so fast, though. I like a longer-lasting flame...." he states to himself, ignoring much of the battle to admire his inadvertent handiwork.

Onix battles the lead warrior, while Skrach seems to be beset by two large males who seem to have weapons of silver- or something just as dangerous, for where they touch, they burn his flesh.

OOC: And for those who've not yet posted- Zana and Kallanar, I believe, I'll post something for you separately after you've both had a chance to enter the fray. Hope everyone's liking this fight!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar stuck close to Leuxena, and as far from the gnome as possible. He wanted to protect the drowess, while keeping himself as far from the nefarious diminiutive, evil doer as possible, and preferably with as many people between him and the gnome as possible. Geting hit with the glitterdust however sent the priate into a sprawl as he was temrpoarily blinded by it, and before long his attempts to hide would be knocked out by the evil mage spell. Seeing his cover blown, and Luexena seemingly gone from his view, the man had no choice but to sheathe his blade and take out his throwing knives, tossing them at the nearest target as he backed into a random direction, hoping it might bring him closer to Luexena. And not the gnome.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

The rogue, already had her eyes closed from her own sunflash pellet, so she wasnt blinded, but she knew she had been spotted. Peeking from the cowl of her piwafwi, she spotted the worst of the threats, but she still had to do something about the others as a spell (stinking cloud) [/size:2nwvnop8]was finished. Zarae's eyes were now orangish red; the waves of nausea began rolling over her, and it took all her discipline to get thru (rolled 11, +6 fortitude save)[/size:2nwvnop8]. She prayed for strength to get through this and help a sister. The magical shield still up, she wasnt concerned for missile attacks.
As the next spell was beginning, she knew she had only seconds before the priestess got it off. The [i:2nwvnop8]khalass [/i:2nwvnop8]poisoned dagger in her other hand and skilled in knife throwing, she released it for the throat of the other priestess casting her spell. (using [b:2nwvnop8]slippery mind[/b:2nwvnop8] should the spell get completed.
rolled 14, +9 for will save)[/size:2nwvnop8]

----(i guess this is assuming things worked?)----
She began her own 'spell'. The glitterdust provided plenty of shadows for her to work, stepping into one and moving positions (shadow jump)[/size:2nwvnop8]. gloved hands reached up for the sword pendents while traveling, and simultaneously activating the magic within. two longswords in hand now as she appeared behind a priestess. Moonshadow had the faintest glow, but held a uncomfortable/distracting hum for enemies (evil). Stealthwhisperer was almost the opposite, a shadowy essence like around the blade.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Between the great dexterity any imbued with lycanthropy of the rat phenotype possess, and much training and practice in the combat-oriented arts of the larcenous craft, that silly lightning chain didn't stand a chance, as Skrach reacts on instinct before he's even aware of why, completely evading the spell, and coming out of it unscathed, and full of plenty of spunk yet. (Reflex Save 14 + D20 roll of 16, and Rogue's Evasion ability.)

Some of his thunder however is stolen by the swipes and slashes of a pair of Driders with weapons that draw forth yelps of pain and shock, those shining edges gleaming with the bane of his kind, Silver. At first he begins giving ground, and as his chitin suit grows damaged beyond use, he gives a lot more ground, and gives himself enough time to discard the suit. Underneath, blackened leather armor, and where there is not armor there is simple black cotton clothing, and bandages wrapped around his otherwise bare feet. But now he has access to all his gear, and the next potion that goes down his throat, is the last his enemies see of him, as he appears to simply vanish.

Rogue's delight, an invisibility potion, and always a boon in combat, giving him time to don a few trinkets, such as a Bone Ring, Lesser Ring of Health, Lesser Amulet of the Master, and come out of invisibility, under one of the two silver-wielders, canceling his invisibility as with his tail he pulls out a sickle with spiraled handle and flips the blade up to hook into the soft flesh of its torso, and with that the rat lunges the other way, to get out from under, and disembowel one silver wielder at least. Coming up from his subsequent roll, his staves are sheathed, and he prepares to face off one-on-one then with the other drider and his silver weapons, down his hands go to his sides, and at his hips, draw out a pair of short swords, and at once he drops into a low stance, tail with its now bloodied sickle, poised like a scorpion's, "Can't beat usss all. Work with Skrach, and you gets to escape after."

(And just as I noticed need for some editing, I recall something. Scorpions are natural predators of spiders.)
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Realizing the veiled threat, Silinrul thinks to comment, and in that thought also realizes the thought itself could be known as he thinks it, an all he is of course, but he has no intent of joining their ranks as his familiar meant to suggest, unless he has fewer blood relations alive, that would prefer him dead, and are looking for an excuse.

To business, yes, and the more he hears about this other job, his face both twists up with disgust, as well with the knitting of brows as the seemingly obvious answer comes to mind, "What you are describing, it sounds like the ritual to turn one into a Drider. But, that would mean..." the words trail off, mixed horror and unease silencing him, uncomfortable to hear the words leave his mouth, but his thoughts finish the sentence, 'that a priestess is involved.'

And at the last, all offers laid out before him, "I would like to know more about these missing persons as well, but since not all the bodies account for the missing, we may safely assume some of those transformations may have succeeded. If this is the case, it would be unwise to go alone. As for the human village, you would have me defy Matron Srune'lett, and we assume that my failure to raze the village, will not upset Lolth, and see my House into ruin, or seeking my death. Of course, partaking of the benefits of aiding you and yours appeals to me, but if I am to be marked a renegade, then I'd prefer to do so with allies. Allies, that should my House come to such ruin, will do me a good turn and protect my interests in return."

It's a guarded thought, as it is a thought in realizing he is treading dangerously between treachery and aligning with an organization that could make it worth his while. But none the less, he has one of his sisters in mind, whom though she might spite him at first, he has noted seems to favor him, perhaps even like him, and he'd entertain the notion, were he not the subject of so much extra attention and scrutiny, to reciprocate.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone's rampage continues on as his katanas cut the swath through the enemy driders, until his armor lights up like a candle, electricity crackling over it.
Onix roars in pain, and nearly crumples over, the physical effects of the Chain Lighting sizzling his flesh. However, the supersoldier is not one for quitting, mentally howling in his mind, he shrugs off the charring effects of the lighting. Plunging his blades into another drider's neck with little effort, the clone finds himself suddenly feeling rejuvenated shortly afterward.

A quick check of his body indicates that most of the severe damage done to him earlier is now mended, due in no small part, to Luexena's stealthy but timely [i:chmzslhc]Heal[/i:chmzslhc] spell.

The clone pushes forward, tearing through whatever gets in his way, which soon happens to be one of the bigger and more experienced fighters of the colony. Without a word, the drider launches into a frenzy of offensive strikes.

Even for all his combat training, and fighting experience, the clone truly had trouble even getting a hit on this guy; [i:chmzslhc]Why won't this son-of-a-bitch just [b:chmzslhc]die[/b:chmzslhc]!?[/i:chmzslhc] Onix thought as he dived under a slash that would've had probably cut into his helmet.

[i:chmzslhc]Because you're incompetent?[/i:chmzslhc] came Valor's flawlessly timed response.

Onix ignored the harpy eagle, and focused on dodging the heavy strikes from the drider fighter and focused on landing precision hits on him; but the raw toughness of his adversary was great.

What [b:chmzslhc]did[/b:chmzslhc]catch the clone's attention was outta his peripheral vision he noticed two driders leading a charge at him, weapons readied.

"Ohh, great!" the clone hissed, parrying a strike from the lead fighter, while bringing his other katana around, only to be blocked by the drider's free weapon. The clone was caught, literally, between a rock and a hard place, and he wasn't liking it.

Another two, hidden in an outcropping, readied their weapons to fire at the clone.
Last edited by veraka on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix