"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 am

((so we were that close to Menzo? or we assuming that the group has traveled many days? just curious))

the drowess knew that sound. there was no mistaking it. how much it was heard in her own city. the muffled sounds carried well, and the invisible drowess followed it, carefully yet swiftily. rushing in blindly would be foolish.
the web clear to her, she activated her levitation, as she still held the blade, beneath the cover of the piwafwi. she rose slowly, careful of any webs that might be above.

((true seeing and a magical protection still on))
Image
signature made by Larlan
~Character~

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zanathie Avuna » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:03 am

[i:30cfmgae]Is this bird blind?[/i:30cfmgae] Vlad thought, silently stalking the oncoming eagle. Zana followed Vlad from a distance obeserving their surroundings. She heard faint noises coming from ahead of the and to the left.

[i:30cfmgae]You hear that Vlad?[/i:30cfmgae]

[i:30cfmgae]Not now, I've got this bird.[/i:30cfmgae] He was too focused on getting this bird to think about about anything else. It had been a long time since he'd eaten bird, and he was eager to catch this one.

Vlad remained crouched low to the ground following the bird with his eyes.

[i:30cfmgae]Vlad, think about this one. There's no way an eagle of all things would be flying around in the Underdark by itself. He must belong to someone. So play nice.[/i:30cfmgae]

[i:30cfmgae]Over my dead body. If this eagle is someone's, then he'd better be a really good fighter to stay alive.[/i:30cfmgae] Vlad's eyes locked onto the bird one last time when he let out a small growl and lept high into the air, claws slashing out at the unsuspecting bird.

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 am

Valor went fluttering along through the dark, at Onix's insistence, so to scout out ahead where LiNeee, Bella, and Phoebey could have possibly been taken.

That was when the white tiger lashed out at the eagle; Valor didn't bat an eye as he banked outta the way of the huge cat.

[i:21gh7dgl]I say; what in blue blazes is that fat cat doing down here[/i:21gh7dgl] the bird said as he came out of his barrel-roll, taking three great flaps to gain some distance from the tiger. Then, deciding to be a smartass about things, Valor took a dive straight at the cat, saying [i:21gh7dgl]eat this furface!![/i:21gh7dgl]
As the eagle came swooping down in his dive-bomb, he unleashed another bomb, one more along the lines of the 'crap' orientation, at the tiger.


Onix, overhearing Luexena's questions, nodded his affirmative towards the priestess.
"That's correct; they're gone, completely. I'd say that they were ambushed, by what or [b:21gh7dgl]who[/b:21gh7dgl], however, is something up for theory."
The clone bit down hard on his thoughts of wanting to kill something, [i:21gh7dgl]anything[/i:21gh7dgl] within that one moment. His face hardened as he shoved the thoughts of vengeance down, deep inside himself.
"If you can, please try and locate them. When you have the chance, that is."

The demonic-looking armored clone then turned his crimson blazing orbs towards Lothir and said "the sooner we can find them the better for everyone."
If the bard caught the clone's meaning, he'd quickly find that Onix was riding a serrated razor edge on his anger and rage, holding them down by sheer force of will alone; and that at any given second, he could erupt.

In that split second of sheer anger, and hopelessness, Onix decided that he would act on his own. Ignoring all logic in that moment, he engaged his suit's speed mode, and took off down the same cavern that he'd found those trails leading into the same direction.

[i:21gh7dgl]Where are you going, you irrational buffoon?[/i:21gh7dgl] came Valor's always questioning thoughts.

[i:21gh7dgl]Finding LiNeee and her friends. You gotta a problem with that?[/i:21gh7dgl] the clone shot back with an ice cold thought.


He didn't care what he ran into within the darkness, for whatever he ran across, he'd just kill it until either he was dead himself or he found LiNeee, Bella and Phoebey.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 am

OOC: While I'm waiting for others to decide what to do, I'm going to get started with the intro for the newest member of this group, Silinrul.


IC: His House insignia throbs warmly against his wrist, the heat a signal that he has been summoned by Matron Srune'Lyris'Lett. As the young second-boy approaches the Matron's throne room, a tall, muscular drow male of about two hundred years waits for him, his crimson eyes narrowed, his face a mask of loathing for his favored sibling.

"Well, what new favor is our revered Matron bestowing on my spoiled brother today?" sneers Dargathan, his hatred of his "blessed" younger brother obvious. "One hideous fluke of birth, and she treats you like one of Lolth's own Handmaidens. You're unworthy of such a blessing, mal'ai."

A pair of orc servants opens the doors, while an elite female drow guard announces their arrival in the Matron's sanctum. She sits with imperious silence as the two approach her throne, with her four eldest daughters in attendance- two of them already wielding the snake-whips of a High Priestess.

"Ah, Silinrul. I understand your training is nearing its end. That is good. Now it is time for you to take your place within this House. House Srune'lett has many interests, both within Menzobarrenzen, and elsewhere. You have been taught your purpose- to serve us in the Lands of Light, as our spy and agent against our enemies Above. I am sending you up to a village of humans not far from the city, where you will infiltrate the locals and learn as much as possible of their strengths and defenses in preparation for a raid. Do you understand? You will, of course be allowed to take whatever you will need in your travels, and afforded some funds for when you reach the world Above. Do NOT disappoint me, boy, for Lolth's reach is great, and if you bring dishonor or shame to this House, you will become the first Szarkai drider ever. Do you understand?" her tone leaves no uncertainty as to whether she would carry out this threat....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Ogrim » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 am

For his elder brother's contempt and taunting there is silent indifference, and a touch of amusement, but this latter part remains masked behind a stoicism accustomed to and prepared for the envy and spite his 'fluke' of birth affords him. After all, should he prove as valuable as everyone expects, one would profit more from sharing some credit for that success.

All thoughts on the matter he puts from his mind as he is announced and enters, answering his mother's call, and not daring once to look her or his sisters upon their face or even make eye contact, unbidden, he listens intently, and the news of going to the surface brings him a brief moment of excitement, one that he pushes down, and lest his mind is being read, thinks only of excitement at being able to serve the glory of Lolth and House Srune'Lett. Once asked for his understanding, he gives a nod and allows himself a grin, "You'll not be disappointed Matron Srune'Lyris'Lett, the rivven shan't even know a Drow is among them. If you do not mind my asking, will we be leaving any alive? Or will we be wiping this village from the face of Toril?"

Not insincere, his voice thrills at the notion of his first conquest, weary of drills and mock battles, thirsty for it. Truly his eagerness is a credit to the family.

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zanathie Avuna » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 am

[i:39naxzcu]Cursed bird,[/i:39naxzcu] Vlad shouted through his mind as the bird spiraled out of his way.

"You didn't really think this would be that easy did you?" Zana smirked. Her mouth parted slightly, "Vlad, watch it!" She saw the white goop signifying bird crap fall and all but fell on the ground, laughing.

Vlad glanced up and with his cat reflexes, dodged the falling bombardment. [i:39naxzcu]Holy shit, literally--[/i:39naxzcu]

"I don't necessarily think that's holy," Zana cut in.

[i:39naxzcu]That bird tried to crap on me![/i:39naxzcu] Vlad was more in shock than angry. He'd hunted many birds and none had ever used poo as a means of attack or escape.

[i:39naxzcu]Come here feather butt! No more crappy tricks this time![/i:39naxzcu] Vlad said to the bird, whether he heard him or not, it didn't matter and jumped for him again.

(OCC: Just to let you all know, I'm going to introduce a new character, he's a familiar viper to a sorcerer...so, there. Now you know. :) ))

IC: [i:39naxzcu]Viceroy do his, Viceroy do that, I wish that cocky drow would shut up at times,[/i:39naxzcu] Viceroy, the viper, thought as he slithered through the Underdark. He was on a mission to find Zana and inform her and the huge cat of hers that they've been reassigned to a different bounty in Menzoberranzan. He hated taking orders from lesser beings than himself, he was after all the Supreme Overlord Commander, at least, that was thinking anyways.

Viceroy had always had a superior air about him. The sorcerer he was a familiar to couldn't figure it out and neither could the other people he worked with. Most people thought he had a condition, he hated literally looking up to people, and so he felt he needed to dictate over them.

Vice was deep in skulking thought, slithering through the Underdark, his five foot body, trialing behind his uplifted head. His infrared vision sought through the air and he caught something that didn't look right. It was a huge humanoid thing flying towards him, full tilt. The heat signature was vague but visible, so it mus have been wearing some sort of armor.

[i:39naxzcu]What is that thing?[/i:39naxzcu] And before he knew it, the giant was upon him.

[i:39naxzcu]Hey! Watch it, PAL![/i:39naxzcu] He screamed. [i:39naxzcu]Infidel,[/i:39naxzcu] he mumbled to himself and slithered off, through a different tunnel.

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:02 am

As she slowly wakes, LiNeee opens her eyes to discover that she is wrapped tightly in some sort ob thick, sticky threads, from her shoulders to her feet, and being carried on the back of some large creature. She turns her head slightly, hearing the soft clicking of clawed feet, and discovers that she is tossed like a sack of flour over the back of a drider! Looking around, she can see that there are at least two more of the hideous creatures, both with similar bundles. She can only assume that those are Bella and Phoebe.

"A good haul, eh, Szordrin?" chuckles one- the one carrying Bella, from the look of the barely-visible head over its round abdomen- grinning with huge fangs bared to its companion.

"Aye. We'll be well rewarded for bringing home these three wenches! I want to be the first to mate, after Chalsin turns them," nods the one carrying her. She realizes that she can barely moove, and in fact, her voice seems gone, for if she tries to speak, no sound comes out. Her throat seems paralyzed, along with most of her body.

A third voice chimes in, harsh and cold. "Silence, you fools. We may be followed. No more talking until we reach the nest."

"Ah, ease up, will you, Tazdrik? Just because you're the last wizard left of us, doesn't make you Matron Mother. I'm sure Calissra would have something to say about that." The one called Szordrin says, turning to him with a dark look.

"Just shut up and keep moving. I want to be back at the nest before the venom wears off and they start screaming..." snarls the wizard.


------------------------------------------

Following the faint traces of a trail through the lightless tunnels, Onix can soon hear a scrabbling noise ahead, like dozens of small claws on stone. The sound is accompanies by the echo of male voices, though it is so garbled by the uneven and twisted passages that no words can be made out. There is no sound from the girls.

He rounds a corner, and spots a few small nicks here and there in the stone, where some creature had to scramble to avoid slipping on the slippery surface where water dripping had made it wet. He stumbles almost before seeing the slick spot, and sends a thin, delicate stone pillar tumbling loose, breaking off to send chunks scattering across the tunnel floor, with a noisy echo.

-------------------------------------------

Kallaran and Zarae search the dark tunnels, and soon spot the same faint traces of passage that Onix had seen as he dashed headlong into the darkness. From the looks of it, they appear to be following a large arachnid- or rather, several of them. The trail is broken, and barely visible on the hard stone, but the occasional wispy strands left behind on walls and the tiny scratches in the stone floor show the direction the creatures went.

As the bard gathers the bowl from Beznik's cart and goes to the small pool of water in the cavern grotto, he looks around nervously, and shakes his head as he takes it back to Luaxena. "I can't shake the feeling that someone- or someTHING has been watching us. Why were the girls taken, and where?" He asks, though more to himself than to anyone in the group.

-------------------------------------------

With a cold snarl, the Matron glares at Silinrul, her crimson eyes narrowed. "THAT is not your concern, boy! You will simply do as ordered, or I will have you flayed on Lolth's altar! Now, go. You are dismissed."

With an absent wave of her hand, she sends him away. Dargathan sneers at the younger drow as he exits the room, his pleasure at seeing him chastised clearly evident.

As he returns to his room to gather up a few personal belongings- which takes little time at all, given that he has very few- the Szarkai youth is then escorted out to a lizard mount ready and waiting gy the House gates. His youngest sister, Brizanna, stands beside it, with a large sack in her hand. "These are for you to buy what you need in the city before you leave. There are coins enough to buy what you need, including contacts and a map. Go see the Dzurren the Weaver in the Braeryn, and he will direct you."

With that, she send him off on the lizard, with a parting warning. "Remember what our Matron said- do not fail us in this, for Lolth will not be pleased if you prove our House unworthy of her blessing. Our position within the city is precarious enough as it is, with so little strength to hold off our rivals."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:23 am

horrible memories come to the rogue, those who failed and lived the horrible existance. she started to sign, but remembered.
levitating back down she whispered softly to the other scout that dreadful word, driders. and if it wasnt bad enough, the sounds of companions running after them was clear.
she indivcated then vanished into the shadows (hide in plain sight) and was heading that way also.
Image
signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Ogrim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 am

He could only but hide his temptation to give his 'dear' sister a confident smile, wishing to reassure her, tell her that for all the doting over him, and costly training she shouldn't worry so, but then such worrying is what kept both of them alive, always. What he fails to hide, is but a thought, concluding her statement, [i:slhzdb8j]'And no doubt I draw the attention of such rivals. I am glad to honor our House with this mission, but did not ask to be special.'[/i:slhzdb8j]

Assuming she does not stop him for his thoughts, he is then off to purchase his needed traveling supplies, and arrange for contacts, first to see Dzurren. He'd have liked some manner magical device to establish direct communication when he could, but now he must see what his funds will afford him.

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 pm

((Not sure if I should be posting yet, I can't wait anymore, two weeks without posting! My fingers need to type before I go crazy! XD ))
[quote:343cdpj5]As she slowly wakes, LiNeee opens her eyes to discover that she is wrapped tightly in some sort ob thick, sticky threads, from her shoulders to her feet, and being carried on the back of some large creature. She turns her head slightly, hearing the soft clicking of clawed feet, and discovers that she is tossed like a sack of flour over the back of a drider! Looking around, she can see that there are at least two more of the hideous creatures, both with similar bundles. She can only assume that those are Bella and Phoebe.

"A good haul, eh, Szordrin?" chuckles one- the one carrying Bella, from the look of the barely-visible head over its round abdomen- grinning with huge fangs bared to its companion.

"Aye. We'll be well rewarded for bringing home these three wenches! I want to be the first to mate, after Chalsin turns them," nods the one carrying her. She realizes that she can barely moove, and in fact, her voice seems gone, for if she tries to speak, no sound comes out. Her throat seems paralyzed, along with most of her body.

A third voice chimes in, harsh and cold. "Silence, you fools. We may be followed. No more talking until we reach the nest."

"Ah, ease up, will you, Tazdrik? Just because you're the last wizard left of us, doesn't make you Matron Mother. I'm sure Calissra would have something to say about that." The one called Szordrin says, turning to him with a dark look.

"Just shut up and keep moving. I want to be back at the nest before the venom wears off and they start screaming..." snarls the wizard.[/quote:343cdpj5]

A minute, perhaps an hour, even a whole day could have lead way for the capture of three girls. The shifters and the Drow. The time had long been passed, that was for sure. It was uncertain who was taken first, grabbed by the eight-legged and rather sinister Driders, an obomination to life as most knew it. LiNeee slipped well into the category of disgusted, by the age of twelve and a quarter, she had bid farewell to the beasts and fled their captive bonds, their 'education' of the highest level, or so they claimed. LiNeee was in training, for what she had no idea- only something as degrading as their very attires, was what she assumed. She'd escaped, narrowly, with the hand of Bella, shaped into an ashen black horse, [i:343cdpj5]Midnight,[/i:343cdpj5] the childsome LiNeee had called the the creature. The Drow remembered the one night, more so than any other...
[i:343cdpj5]It was the tournament, the small task in which a child grew into a woman, if she were so lucky as to win. Of course to win against a full grown Drider was nothing less than intimidating, but they claimed it was the way the "Goddess" wanted things to go, and so that was the way things went. LiNeee was fortunate enough to go last, after watching child after child slaughtered and battered and observe the condition of the ones who had succeeded, she was needless to say; terrified, when she strode out onto the stone platform. The night after that was a blurr, an utter confusion of a sword and crossbow, and then the avalanche of applause when a small Drowish child, brought down a full grown Drider, and put it to shame. She was to be named their Priestess, and be the first, like many, to be transformed into an abomination of the highest, so that she could behold the multiplication of such a terrible act. That...Was when she fled-[/i:343cdpj5]

LiNeee stirred as a miniscule water droplett landed on the bridge of her nose and rolled down the length of her cheek, crimson were her eyes in the dark as they fluttered open a short time afterwards. Confusion embraced her as hues of elegance took in the surroundings, dark and damp, cavernous rock formations. Where in the Goddesses name was she? A wiggle of her hand was all that could be produced as she tried to reach for the water drop, befuddled that she could not budge but an inch, she had to look down to investigate. Thick webbing of a sort covered her entire body up to her neck and shoulders, leaving her head bare for the taking. She shivered silently and propped her head back, eyes narowing as if she could 'zoom in' in the darkness that bit its way at her vision, at the very casing she had so fortuitously got herself mixed up in. Looking to her right, she was glad her voice had somehow releaved itself of her throat- for propped up one two Driders' backs, was Bella and Phoebey. Coccooned much like LiNeee was, and both unconcsious.

[i:343cdpj5]Driders?[/i:343cdpj5] LiNeee thought desperately, astounded at the image of one so close to her home. It wasn't just one, either; there were three of them. All about the same height and all so disgusting as to give LiNeee the subtle cringe she always got. After a minute or two of silence, realisation began to float back on a cloud of black ash to her, the reality and sudden clearance had her eyes closing, complete shock dawning on her. [i:343cdpj5]Onix![/i:343cdpj5] She cried, opening herself up to clearing the telepathic link between them, praying to anything, hoping [i:343cdpj5]for[/i:343cdpj5] anything, to save them. Beneath her, the Drider carrying her spoke, replying to the other which held Bella. She opened her eyes gently and listened rather intently, perhaps she could tell Onix where they were, though she doubted he could even hear her.

[color=green:343cdpj5][b:343cdpj5]"Aye. We'll be well rewarded for bringing home these three wenches! I want to be the first to mate, after Chalsin turns them,"[/color:343cdpj5][/b:343cdpj5] His body rumbled around his voice, vibrating the hard covered webbing around her body. She blinked, mate? Over and over she thought of his statement before the third Drider silenced them, encouraging the thought of something following them. [i:343cdpj5]Or someone![/i:343cdpj5] LiNeee hoped frantically, though the mention of the Magician had her a little spooked to say the least.

She only had a few ideas, one was that the Driders were taking Bella, Phoebey and herself back to the [i:343cdpj5]nest[/i:343cdpj5], to either eat them or mate with them. Surely a Drider couldn't mate with a Drow, or a human? It must be impossible, [i:343cdpj5]please make it impossible...[/i:343cdpj5] She thought gently, closing her eyes tighter and turning her head to the side. Her second idea was that they were all going to be turned in to their Queen, as a sacrifice of sorts. In each idea though, they were all doomed for death...

LiNeee rolled gently to the side as the Drider manouvered up a small incline, seeming like she'd moved with the back of it. Her eyes opened and met Phoebeys small and pale face, she looked like a corpse, though asleep was more settling. LiNeee let her eyes drift closed again, her mind opening to anything as she began to pray silently;

[i:343cdpj5]My Goddess Eilistraee, my friends, the creatures of the Underdark have taken me. I need your help, if not to save me then to save the Shifters. This fate shouldn't be bestowed on such innocence, such fate shouldn't be dealt at the hand of a child. Hear my prayers, help them... Grant them the life they should be living, fill their hearts with love...[/i:343cdpj5] It was as if she was saying goodbye, having known Driders for so long, she figured it was the end- not expecting a certain SuperSoldier to even consider, nor have noticed her absence, saving her. Perhaps she was wrong, but fate would find a way. She finished her prayers in a mind whisper, before darkness took her once again into slumber; [i:343cdpj5]my Goddess I lived and served for you, I ask one last plead... If I am to be banished to the midsts of a den, a den of Driders, return my heart to the one it belongs to, return it to Onix...[/i:343cdpj5] Moments after, her breath evened as sleep withdrew her.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:22 pm

[i:2myiqchy]This bowl would do perfectly, yes. Thank you, dear Lothir[/i:2myiqchy]. Luexena replied in her usual manner and offered a little smile, accepting the bowl, then shifted her gaze to Onix. [i:2myiqchy]They are kidnapped, means they are still alive. If the attackers saught their death, they'd not drag the girls off.[/i:2myiqchy]

The priestess rose to her feet, moving a bit away from the cart where nothing would break her concentration. There she knelt, setting the bowl infront of her, taking out a flask of water to empty it into the bowl, then, as the water became still, Luexena began singing quietly, asking the Dark Maiden to help her to find their friends.

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 am

As Onix ran on, through the darkness, his own enhanced vision guiding him, he got a gut feeling that somehow, things might be turning from bad to worse real soon.

As he ran onward, the clone thought he heard voices up ahead in the darkness that surrounded his vision.

Caught up in his thoughts, the clone failed to see the area of slick surface, and stumbled forward, the hard stones making a hell of a ruckus as he went crashing down. For a split second, Onix thought he saw a snake, [b:2fyve2r0]a snake[/b:2fyve2r0], in front of his path. However, the serpent, if he thought he saw one, quickly disappeared.

The clone hit the ground hard, but quickly rebounded up, pushing himself up with his massive arms, and then continuing to run onward, pushing his body to the maximum. However, he soon halted as he heard a all-to-familiar voice in his head.

[color=violet:2fyve2r0][i:2fyve2r0]Onix![/i:2fyve2r0][/color:2fyve2r0]

He knew LiNeee's voice in a heartbeat, and even faster was how he reacted to her voice.

[i:2fyve2r0]LiNeee!?[/i:2fyve2r0] When he didn't hear her response, he shouted through his mind, [i:2fyve2r0]LiNeee!!![/i:2fyve2r0]

Feeling both hopeless at that moment, but refusing to see the worst of it, the clone found Valor still fluttering about, duking it out with the oversized white tiger, Vlad.

[i:2fyve2r0]Valor!![/i:2fyve2r0] Onix shouted to his eagle friend.

[i:2fyve2r0]Could you be any more booming on the brain than that, dear boy?[/i:2fyve2r0] the bird retorted in his usual sarcastic voice.

[i:2fyve2r0]I could if you really desired it; look just ask Luexena or whoever can hear you in the caravan, if they can tell you the information that Lady Luexena gains from her scrying. Otherwise, I'm running blind here.[/i:2fyve2r0]

[i:2fyve2r0]Ohh, very well, Ooo-stubborn one.[/i:2fyve2r0]

Valor proceeded to then open up his thoughts to any around him, wondering if anyone would be able to pick up on his thoughts.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:09 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've had a minor mental block lately, and was also sick much of last week. So I concentrated on my stories while I was recovering and sitting at home to avoid getting sick again from the recent cold snap.


IC: As she looks into the bowl, Luaxena sees a wavery vision of several large creatures resembling spiders with the upper torsos of horribly distorted drow. Driders. There appear to be at least five of them, three of which carry large cocooned bundles on their backs. They seem to be speaking, but the words can not be heard. However, they look excited and satisfied about something, and that does not bode well for the three females whose heads can be seen poking from the large cocoons.....

----------------------------------------

Waking up again, LiNeee can't tell how long they have been traveling. Has it been two hours or two minutes? Soon, the small group of driders nears the entrance to a larger cavern, which is guarded by two more of the creatures. They nod and scuttle aside as the five arrivals approach, their halberds ready at their sides.

As they enter the cavern, she notices one thing- all of the driders she has seen so far are male. Inside the cavern, there appears to be a huge framework of webs and magically worked stone ledges and pillars, festooning the entire cavern. More than a dozen driders move about, some hanging up freshly caught prey for a later meal, others appear to be doing such mundane things as sharpening weapons or working at various crafts. Yet of them all, only two appear to be female. There are also three smaller ones skittering about in what seems to be some sort of game- though the game appears to be quite rough in nature, as they pounce or swipe at each other like over-sized feline cubs. Only one of the young ones is female, as well.

-------------------------------------------

As he makes his way down from the plateau of the noble houses, Silinrul notices that as he passes, all eyes are suddenly on him. Drow and slaves alike pause in their business to stare at him as he rides toward the Braeryn. From his few secret excursions in the past, he remembers the small shop of the Weaver- an old drow male with a questionable reputation- as if there could ever be such a thing as a drow WITHOUT a questionable reputation.

As he approaches the shop, he can see a shadowy figure nearby, watching with keen interest. But the moment he stops and dismounts to enter the shop, the figure fades into the shadows and is gone.

-------------------------------------------

As Vlad hears the squawk and suddenly finds himself teh object of a very unconventional dive-bombing, there is a sound from elsewhere in the tunnels, of several low voices ahead. Clearly, they are not alone down here, which would, of course, explain the presence of the eagle. Zana can partially make out the voices of at least one female and two or more males, and the sounds of two larger animals with them.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

Phoebey twitched as she began to stir, all she could see was the dense ceiling of the under caves...Darkness. She couldn't see in the dark in this form. After a jolt beneath her, the small shifters gaze widened and she tried to sit up, her body was still partially paralyzed, same to speak for the other two girls who were still out and silent. Phoebey sighed heavilly, hanging her head back against whatever it was that was carrying her. She could just shift into some tiny insect and crawl out of this webbing-coccoon, run away or even fly. What for LiNeee though if Bella could do the same? The idea came to her quickly, she'd wake Bella up and they'd both transform, find the others, tell them what happened, and they would all go and rescue LiNeee. She was smiling gleefully before the Drider beneath her launched itself up a rock ledge and dissapeared into a cavern, the other two following.

Phoebey heard LiNeees' small yawn from behind her, and Bellas' gasp from behind that. The girls were awake, but they were now in some type of large room. Like a village beneath a village. Phoebey had always dreamt about Drider villages, they were just as beautiful as she imagined and just as chaotic. It was full of Driders, they were doing all sorts of things- sharpening weapons, to playing games in large groups. It was...Sweet.

[i:2fhax9r4]Not sweet at all,[/i:2fhax9r4] LiNeees' voice broke through the shifters thoughts and she turned her head towards the Drider on her left, LiNeee looked horrible, the coccoon of silk-web was way too tight around her, she was just so pale. [i:2fhax9r4][color=darkred:2fhax9r4]LiNeee...You don't look so good...[/i:2fhax9r4][/color:2fhax9r4] Phoebey whispered through the link, she saw the drow smile weakly and give her a small wink, [i:2fhax9r4]I heard your idea, do you think you could do it?[/i:2fhax9r4] LiNeee asked, Phoebey tried to shrug, and after an excrutiating fail, she said; [i:2fhax9r4][color=darkred:2fhax9r4]I guess so, but what of you?[/i:2fhax9r4][/color:2fhax9r4]

LiNeee mentally shrugged and looked up at the ceiling, it was lighter in here, like lanterns were lit. She could make out the small wavering patterns against the ceiling and floor, the walls around her all dancing as if she were the sacrifice in some old village. She sighed and turned back to Phoebey, [i:2fhax9r4]I don't care much for me, you just need to get out of here Phoebey. They are going to try mate with us, and something about turning us... I won't let that happ-[/i:2fhax9r4] another voice cut in... [i:2fhax9r4][color=darkblue:2fhax9r4]Now now, LiNeee. Have we not proven ourselves worthy enough to be mated with by a Drider? Like one could catch me anyway. We're not leaving you, you can just get into that little link with Onix...Wait, how do you know they are even looking for us, I doubt they have even noticed..[/i:2fhax9r4][/color:2fhax9r4]

LiNeees' chest suddenly felt more than one hundred years old. She turned her face away from both the girls to hide the sudden tears that leaked from her crimson eyes, what if what Bella said was true... What if Onix hadn't noticed her departure? What if none of them had. She slolwy drew in a harsh breath, Phoebey was right, she didn't feel good at all. She tried though; [i:2fhax9r4]Onix... Onix it's me. The Driders took us, they speak of mating with us and then turning us. I don't know what into, but I have a slight and uneasy feeling...[/i:2fhax9r4] Her words were soft if they did get through to Onix, like LiNeee was drifting away. Or perhaps the length was just too great. [i:2fhax9r4]We're in their nest...[/i:2fhax9r4] Was what she finished with before she turned back to Phoebey nodding, [i:2fhax9r4][color=darkred:2fhax9r4]Now what?[/i:2fhax9r4][/color:2fhax9r4] LiNeee closed her eyes, she'd only seen three other females in the whole of this room, and somehow she knew exactly what the Driders wanted...

[i:2fhax9r4]We wait,[/i:2fhax9r4] she told Phoebey.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Ogrim » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 am

No fool, and noting his observer's vanishing act, Silinrul smirks to himself, keeping a hand on one of his blades, and the other free, and as he nears the entrance, casts a [b:2ompbr89]Major Image[/b:2ompbr89], to create a duplicate of himself, with matching heat signature included, appearing to stand around leaning against the wall just outside the door. Then in he goes, expending another low level spell, [b:2ompbr89]Disguise Self[/b:2ompbr89] with a change so very subtle, but sure to throw off the staring of casual observers, creating the illusion of having dark, instead of albino-white skin. For his less obvious forays into the city, his House Insignia and apparent age may tip off the Weaver, to his identity. There are only a few people, whom on those escapes from his cage (his house), he's let know his identity, and they stand to profit better by being his 'trustworthy' allies (and they stand to die in horrible ways if they betray him, in case they're not very trustworthy).

Once within the shop, his approach is discrete, none too anxious, but watching for pursuit, while weaving his own way to the old Weaver, he leans in and greets, "Vendui old friend." In that same greeting, speaking with his hands, ~Perhaps I am followed, let us hope I needn't soil my blades so early in the day. I prepare to travel to the surface, and am sent to you, to find the items I will need.~

Post Reply