"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:381paz95]What does it matter?[/i:381paz95] Luexena kept the man pinned to the cart, pushing her cowl down, the veil of her long shimmering tresses fall about her lithe frame as she stood above the two. [i:381paz95]It matters as I do not kill those who surrender to me. I will let you two go and give a chance to start your lives over... choose a new way. That, or you two die here along with your comrades. [/i:381paz95]The drowess shifted her weight from one foot to another, still gripping at the pommel of Erel'lua'ae, its song still lingering in the air.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{{OOC: Sorry for the wait. :( And Delvaro? :P Long time no see!}}

Looking up at Zana, Kathryn picked up her staff and walked after her, moving to the other side of the tunnel and stopping well away from the edge so she wouldn't be seen, though she knew immediately from the clacking what it was.

She moved to stand beside Zana, gently placing her staff back on the ground and pulling out a small hand crossbow. Nudging Zana, she gestured to her neck, then nodded to the hook horrors. [i:2115c3i4]"Their weak spot."[/i:2115c3i4] She mouthed.

She lifted her crossbow, noting the drow coming up behind and narrowing her eyes slightly, hoping he was going for the hook horrors and not them. Shifting her gaze back to the hook horrors, she chose the one closest to her and Zana, aimed for its neck, paused for a moment and released the bolt. She stepped back almost immediately, putting distance between her and the creature as she grabbed another bolt from her belt to reload.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

[Hey Arya! Long time no see! Quite a long time i presume, how are you? :D]

Seeing one of the drow open fire with her crossbow he realised that he couldnt wait any longer. He broke into a silent dash, giving the mental command his wand, unleashing its load. He squinted his eyes to not get blinded from the flash of the lightning bolt, he only hoped that he didnt blind the girls he was trying to save. He had the element of surprise, he knew that, or at least hoped and in the underdark having the element of surprise usualy translated to being the winner.

The bolt his the Hook Horror in the back but before the monster could react Vel already cleared the distance between then and activated the enchantment of his dagger. Taking care to avoid watching the dagger, which now burned furious white to his heat vision he jumped high, grabbing hold of the creatures thick neck and plunged the extremely hot dagger into the hook horror's head. Pulling the dagger and tearing a smoldering and smoking gash on the back of it's head, he pulled out the dagger after inflicting the hopefully-mortal wound and jumped down to a safe distance before the creature he attacked or its companions could hit him with a crushing blow
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[quote:2wj5x0hv]"Such cynicism! And to think you are probably no older than I am. I doubt you have lived through the death of one who was both surrogate mother AND a lover, as well as the deaths of her unborn children who very well might have been one's own. Or perhaps you prefer a childhood constantly under the threat of being turned into a drider by your own mother? No? Be glad you have only 'heard stories', because to live them would drive most folk mad. Which might explain most of my family, come to think of it...."[/quote:2wj5x0hv]

From her perch on the tree, LiNeee heard all. Lothir and his past, giving the drowess that small twinge in her heart- Leuxana was speaking to another bandit- and Onix, looking down LiNeee took in the large form of the Clone standing below her, his broad shoulders- her perch, not too long ago. She heaved a sigh and sank down into a crouch, resting elbows on her bony knees. What would come of the group? If every five minutes or so related to this...

The branch rattled and LiNeee pulled free her Alan'ae dagger, the hilt a brilliant purple, flourishing into the Sapphire glow of the short blade. Phoebey frowned from the bow of the tree, her hands on her hips and blood in her hair- [i:2wj5x0hv][color=darkred:2wj5x0hv]"LiNeee, I want this to end."[/i:2wj5x0hv][/color:2wj5x0hv] She said, her voice whining ever so softly, the drowess waited for the foot stamp that never came with a smirk, before she let it swipe from her face, replaced with a frown much greater than the Shifters- [i:2wj5x0hv]"don't you think everyone wants that! Don't be so selfish.There aren't many left,"[/i:2wj5x0hv] LiNeee looked down again, Onix was there, along with what she thought might have been a few rogue bandits here and there. [i:2wj5x0hv]"It'll be over soon."[/i:2wj5x0hv]

With that LiNeee dropped from the branch and landed lightly on the balls of her feet next to Onix, eyebrows knitted in frustration. [i:2wj5x0hv]"This needs to end,"[/i:2wj5x0hv] she hissed slightly, keeping her eyes locked on the female bandit infront of Lothir- one who had set her blood to a boiling level. [i:2wj5x0hv]"This is madness,"[/i:2wj5x0hv] she continued, glancing up at the Clone, her lips one tight line; [i:2wj5x0hv]"we must help them see the light, one way or the other, they have already caused too much blood to be shed, Onix. This has to be stopped- and now. Before the lady,"[/i:2wj5x0hv] LiNeee placed a hand on her heart, [i:2wj5x0hv]"puts shame on all of us. Surely, in your soul, you must feel that- you must feel the need to end this and move on; our real journey awaits us."[/i:2wj5x0hv] LiNeee put a hand on the Clone's arm gently, her face soft, yet determined. If no one else was going to stop it, she would.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Now that Kathryn had told her the weak spot, which she had pretty much assumed to be the neck, she drew back the arrow, and aimed for the last unharmed one. She noted the drow dashing forward and made sure not to hit him; he had his uses...at the moment. She fired the arrow and watched it sail towards its intended target. "Easy enough," she said, taking cover behind the wall, reloading, just in case.

[i:2pyls2ow]Well fine then. Don't save any for me,[/i:2pyls2ow] Vlad jerked his head back and put a mock hurt expression on his face.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the sweep struck as expected, the bandit falling down while the other happen to move out of range. but her free hand drew a dagger and threw it at him. He fell down clutching the blade in his shoulder, a serious wound it not tended to.
with the other guy down, she moved and lept on the bandit with a dagger, 'helping' him down to the ground while her hand was on the stuck blade. the smoke had basically cleared from them.
"I suggust you start talking," her voice surprisingly cold.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=red:12e32nrn]The half elf just looked at Lothir, then away at the sky, his face scrunched up in both confusion and frustration.
Finally, he said “if one has lived such stories out, then why are you telling me of them, hmmm? I’ve lived one horror to the next. What does it matter if I’ve experienced those horrors or not. Atrocity gives many masks to those who use it.”

At Lothir’s comment about the Dark Maiden, the bandit nodded; “Aye; I’ve heard of her and her ‘goodly drow’ followers. Does that make her important to me? Do I give up life easily; frankly I don’t care. Life’s empty to those who’ve lost faith in living it. So yeah, you could say I give up easily.” He stopped dead silent at the bard’s message of Eilistraee and the offer to let him go. His face went to one of contemplation.

Then he looked up to the bard; “what would I do if ya let me go; no idea, frankly. It’s kinda hard to go on living when one’s lifestyle depended upon having a good team to back you up, but no team now, is there, I reckon. Especially thanks to [b:12e32nrn]him[/b:12e32nrn],” he points to the clone next to LiNeee.

“I don’t think I can really do much now, now can I? With most of company dead, I have no idea what I would do if ya let me go. Suffice to say, I’d have a hard time getting back up to par with what we were before this debacle. Let me ask ye something, bard. What [b:12e32nrn]would[/b:12e32nrn] the Dark Maiden even have to offer me, a cutpurse and brigand to begin with, if I did join her ranks, as you so generously suggest, ehh? What would I do exactly, hmmm? Kinda hard to feed those whom you lead, when you’ve nothing with which to buy supplies for them.”

“Choose a new [b:12e32nrn]way[/b:12e32nrn]!” the bandit pinned by Luexena blurted; “with what? Yeah, we could start over, but I would actually like to feed myself and my crew, or at least those whom are in our camp. I find it very hard to start over when our primary source of supplying ourselves is gone. I’m not one for killing most travelers, just nabbing the necessary supplies with which we need to survive, and even those under our tents.”
He looked at Luexena as she revealed herself to him; “surrender to anyone, I might, but a drow that hasn’ killed me yet, that’s just odd. Unless ye be one of them moon Dancer folk.” He glanced over at his near-death comrade, and heaved a sigh.
“Fine; you want my surrender? Have it, take whatever ya want, but patch up my friend on the ground. Unless ya can do that, then you mine as well send me to death’s grip now.”[/color:12e32nrn]

[color=violet:12e32nrn] [i:12e32nrn]"This needs to end,"[/i:12e32nrn] she hissed slightly, keeping her eyes locked on the female bandit infront of Lothir- one who had set her blood to a boiling level. [i:12e32nrn]"This is madness,"[/i:12e32nrn] she continued, glancing up at the Clone, her lips one tight line; [i:12e32nrn]"we must help them see the light, one way or the other, they have already caused too much blood to be shed, Onix. This has to be stopped- and now. Before the lady,"[/i:12e32nrn] LiNeee placed a hand on her heart, [i:12e32nrn]"puts shame on all of us. Surely, in your soul, you must feel that- you must feel the need to end this and move on; our real journey awaits us."[/i:12e32nrn] LiNeee put a hand on the Clone's arm gently, her face soft, yet determined. If no one else was going to stop it, she would.[/color:12e32nrn]

Onix turned to LiNeee and shook his head. “I’m a soldier, LiNeee. I don’t know how the laws of Toril work, nor do I know how . . . . . .” his words trailed off as the drowses mentioned the word, ‘heart’ to him. The clone stopped dead in his thoughts. He’d never been asked that before; what his heart told him?

He truly didn’t know what his heart told him; he wasn’t trained to ask himself such questions.

[i:12e32nrn]Ahaa, but remember, my cyborg-looking friend, you are not within that system anymore. You are here, on a different world, with different views of how things work. LiNeee has a point. What does your heart tell you, my friend? What feels [b:12e32nrn]right and just[/b:12e32nrn] and what [b:12e32nrn]doesn’t[/b:12e32nrn]?[/i:12e32nrn] Valor spoke to the clone, as he flew down and circled the clone and LiNeee.

Onix felt his face scrunch up under his contemplation, as his mind debated the heavy moral issue he now wrestled with. However, Onix didn’t get the chance to answer LiNeee’s questions, despite how he felt with her right beside him, as twin swords sliced through the air towards him and LiNeee.

Instincts and decades of training took over as the clone wiped his twin katanas up into a parry, which clanged out its success. Again Onix felt the surging effect of his armor on him, as adrenaline and testosterone flooded his system, as well as the accompanying endorphins and noradrenalin. Yet, once again, Onix became empty and devoid of emotion as his mind focused just upon surviving, as he met blade with blade in frenzied whirlwind of attack, parry, block, and counterattack.

As the clone clashed blades with the two bandits that had attacked, one thing that LiNeee might notice was the complete lack of care or worry in his eyes, as if his soul was just gone, replaced by something much more cold, calculating and unforgiving. As if his soul was just gone, as if Onix had just died in that moment and his body was just a shell, surviving one slash at a time.

Before anyone knew what had happened, two more bandits were lying on the ground, clutching wounds that the clone had given them. The fight had taken less than 10 seconds. Onix still had that lack of emotion in his eyes, as he stared the two down, his grip on his katanas tightening for a split second. However as he walked up to the two bandits, his eyes reddened slightly and part of him came around. Sheathing both of his blades, the clone picked up both goons by the collars of their necks, his armor still glowing that blood-red hue that it had, and walked over to where Luexena was and dumped the two unceremoniously onto the ground.

“Make sure we find out whatever we can from them,” he says in a cold tone, then turns about and walks back over to where Zarae was, with her downed bandit on the ground and pinned.

“You would be wise to do as the drowess says,” Onix growled to the bandit trapped beneath Zarae, ejecting a vibro-blade to emphasize his point.

[color=red:12e32nrn]The bandit pinned by Zarae looked up to the drowess first, and then the clone as he strode up.

“What does it matter what I know, you already know what we were here for, and we failed, obviously. What should it matter what I know,” he said with surprising speed.

(In the Underdark)
The Hook Horror that felt Velkyn’s dagger plunge into its head; but rather than turn to turn around and find out what it was attacking him, it continued to charge towards Zana and Kathryn, only to take Kathryn’s bolt in the neck. However, the Horror continued forward letting momentum carry it toward Kathryn, despite her back-stepping, slashing outward horizontally as it neared her.
The two Horrors behind the charger followed its lead, one of them taking an arrow in the neck and screeching out as the shaft found a crevice between its armor.[/color:12e32nrn]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she narrowed her eyes which were crimson at the moment. her hand pulled on the dagger, slowly and raggedly, causing pain to shoot thru his arms, as blood was pouring from it. the dagger was below his throat now. he would soon begin to feel a bit nauseous, chills running down his spine and feverish. and within 10 minutes the symptoms would increase exponentially with violent vomiting and malaise.
"thats [i:2qppl1y2]Jal wun Jivvin[/i:2qppl1y2] your feeling right now coursing thru your veins. you might wanna start speaking soon or you will wish i would put you out of your misery."
if she didnt get anything out of him, she'd need to find another to interrogate.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Enough, Zarae! They only know what ANY simple bandits and thieves know- that they are outcasts, and desperate to eat and stay warm. Since they were hiding on a known route to the Underdark, I'm guessing that they have at least a passing knowledge of what's down there. Or at the very least who comes and goes. But that's not going to do us much good, and there's no need to interrogate them further. Don't stoop to a Spider-kisser's tactic, Zarae- that's beneath us." The bard chides her a little, turning away from his captive for a moment.

"Just let go of him and we'll decide what to do with these few who are left. And for the record, I'd like to TRY to avoid killing surface folk in the future if possible, it only makes it harder to overcome our people's reputation, even if they ARE bandits."

He turns back to the one he tied up, and kneels back down in front of him. With a snap of his fingers and a single word, the rope unties itself. "Perhaps it's your lifestyle that is the problem, brother. A thief's life is generally short and, and usually ends at the end of a rope or a headsman's axe, or so I've learned. You know, there IS a place for you, if you want it. There is a temple not far from here, just a little down the road from the Half Moon Inn. You can go there, and they will take you in and find a place for you, all you have to do is ask. It might only be helping to clean the temple, or handing out food to folks who come for aid, but it would be a start. They don't ask that you provide more than you are able- only that you make an effort."

Suddenly he grins at the half-elf, a gleam of almost pure merriment and perhaps some slight attempt at reverse psychology hinted in his eyes. "Or, if you're feeling particularly suicidal, you could always come along with us and do something TRULY worthwhile. I can't guarantee a profit, or even that you'll live to tell the tale, but perhaps it will give you some perspective on how much worse things could be for you. Interested? We could use a skilled hand or two, especially one who knows a bit about sneaking around and such."

He looks around, "And the reason I mentioned living them is because I know all too well what it is to have no home and to be starving and unwelcome. I spent three months once hiding in an anchor compartment eating rats and pissing out a one foot hole which was all I had for air. And the next three after that, I spent on foot wandering lost in a land where my people were generally shot on sight, with no food and no money. And only rarely did I ever stoop so low as to steal to survive, but even then, I only ever stole a little food from gardens and meat-sheds, and never raised a hand to anyone. One CAN live without harming others, even as a homeless occasional thief. It's just a question of how one chooses to live. To hold to the road of respect and compassion, in spite of adversity, or to take the easy way of using fear and violence. But the choice is yours to make."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

hearing the scolding, the dagger pulled away from the thief. her shoulder sagged a bit as she realized she might have taken this a bit further than planned, even if most of it was an bluff. ((intimidate skill 12))[/size:3ur20kvb]
she kept a foot on his chest sheathing the dagger. she pulled out a tiny vial, smaller than her palm. pulling off the top, she let a drop fall into the hole in his shoulder, an antidote. then stepping back from the group the rogue vanished from sight as she made way over to the wagon.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Kathryn looked up as she was setting the second bolt into place, only to see the lightning that the new drow had sent at the hook horror. Unused to such bright light, Kathryn's fingers slipped, and white spots filled her vision as she tried to get a grasp of her surroundings.

[color=indigo:x6zs3n5e]However, the Horror continued forward letting momentum carry it toward Kathryn, despite her back-stepping, slashing outward horizontally as it neared her. [/color:x6zs3n5e]

Still blinded by the light, Kathryn missed the hook horror's advance, the talons ripping through her armour and leaving thin but deep furrows on her skin, a yell escaping her lips.

Doubling over, Kathryn fell to the ground, nearly dropping her crossbow at the sudden, piercing pain in her torso. Gritting her teeth, she reached for her staff, gathered her strength, and drove the staff upwards, hoping that it would drive up into the horror's chin and force its head into the ceiling and at least stun it for a moment if not doing any damage so that someone else could finish the job.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Seeing the drowess being blinded by the light from his thunderbolt he cursed under his breath, berating himself for being an idiot and then agreeing that he was an idiot when he saw her get hurt, mainly because of him.

[i:2gje81m7]'damn, im trying to save them and i almost got one of them killed'[/i:2gje81m7]

With new determination, and desire to make up for his mistake, he sprinted to the hook horror he already attacked and tackled it on the back of the knee, disrupting it's balance. Quickly getting moving from his position behind the beast, he slashed with his superheated and left a deep gash on one of the hook horror's legs.

He was already out of reach by that time and was running to the hook horror that was attacking the drowess, who was trying to fend him off with a staff, and just like he did with the last one, he launched himself into a flying tackle.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

One hook horror was just about completely down and one was being occupied with their newest member. She then noticed a hook horror coming at them, full tilt, undeterred by the arrow in him. It went straight for Kathryn and tackled her to the ground.

Even though the drow was coming to attack the hook horror, Vlad decided, since he was closer, and most likely stronger, that it was his turn. Close quarters combat was his thing. He lept on the hook horror, his massive body nearly encompassing the entire thing forcing it off Kathryn. He made sure the avoid the spear, and tore at its throat with canines as long as a hand and sharper than daggers. His claws tore through its armor, tearing flesh.

((OCC: Sorry if I took your kill, Delvaro, but the kitty has to have his fun, too :D ))
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"Oh, da-" he never finished because he was already in middle of his flying tackle when that giant cat flew at the same hook horror he attacked as if he was shot out of a canon.

Twisting awkwardly through the air he managed to get his hands to the ground and enter an uncomfortable roll when the giant feline crashed into the hook horror but luckily he was already out of reach and he was rather safe from being crushed.

when he came out of his roll he found out that he was in one piece, which made him glad, but unfortunately the hook horror that he attacked earlier was not happy about seeing him and it was currently running at him. Changing his grip on his second enchanted dagger, he hurled it at the hook horror, embeding itself into the creatures neck. The enchantment - which could freeze most liquid, including blood, which usually resulted in death - should kill the hook horror but to Vel's horror (the irony, again) the beast wasnt stopping. Drawing his enchanted blade, Shi'lok, he entered a battle stance and wondered what could happen to him if the hook horror barreled into him...

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[color=violet:38ghvme2][i:38ghvme2]Onix turned to LiNeee and shook his head. “I’m a soldier, LiNeee. I don’t know how the laws of Toril work, nor do I know how . . . . . .” his words trailed off as the drowses mentioned the word, ‘heart’ to him. The clone stopped dead in his thoughts. He’d never been asked that before; what his heart told him?
Onix felt his face scrunch up under his contemplation, as his mind debated the heavy moral issue he now wrestled with. However, Onix didn’t get the chance to answer LiNeee’s questions, despite how he felt with her right beside him, as twin swords sliced through the air towards him and LiNeee. [/color:38ghvme2][/i:38ghvme2]

LiNeee was waiting for his reply, though the expression on the clones' face gave her more of an answer than she could have ever expected. To her, she figured he'd forgotten about the feeling they once shared, [i:38ghvme2]or maybe,[/i:38ghvme2] she thought suddenly, [i:38ghvme2]it was only I who thought it.[/i:38ghvme2] Perhaps nothing was there in the first place, for LiNeee that wasn't unusual, more obvious for a drow who wanted everything and ended up with nothing. She had no time to apologise for her foolishness before something hit her in the chest and sent her flying backwards, landing hard on her back on the rocks where she rolled and slithered across the ground like a crawling dog- attempting to get out of the way of whatever, or [i:38ghvme2]whoever[/i:38ghvme2] had hit her. Finally she stopped and looked back to see Onix in battle-mode, his face blank of emotion, [i:38ghvme2]just like a shell.[/i:38ghvme2] Something inside her twinged at that moment, all her feelings poured out like a leeking pipe and she had no time to grasp them, to hang on to them before they were gone. He was a clone, how could she have been such a fool. Why would something like that care for such a low being such as herself? She now realised, and understood, in her own little way, why she felt the clone had been 'ignoring' her. He hadn't been ignoring her at all, she must just be confusing him. She sighed as the bandits fell dead and Onix walked over to first Leuxana and than Zarae.

She wouldn't try.

Bella strode over to LiNeee's side and tucked an arm under the Drowess' shoulder, yanking her up off the ground and shaking her slightly. [i:38ghvme2][color=darkblue:38ghvme2]"It's over now, LiNeee. Want to get off your high horse?"[/i:38ghvme2][/color:38ghvme2] LiNeee looked over at the shifter and shrugged before she made her way to the cart, where Phoebey was waiting for them, standing on four legs, with a jaw the size of LiNeee's forearm; a werewolf. [i:38ghvme2]"Nice,"[/i:38ghvme2] she commented, recieving a wink of a golden eye, Bella smiled. So the fights were possibly over, the girls were all on full alert either way. They now stood together, sword, claws and bows drawn in attempt to guard whatever was left- as the others interrogated. Once again, however- LiNeee stood there between the girls and everyone else, and still felt completely alone.

(( And back. LiNeee gets rather emotional during fights and at the end of. xD Just thought I'd let you know. ))
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval