Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Welcome to the Half Moon Inn.

Through storm and rain, and sun and snow, the Half Moon Inn has stood for over one hundred years. It has prospered under the capable management of Katriana D'Rynn, a tall and elegant moon elf. She has been a favorite among all the patrons, both regular and new, for her charm and grace and ability to diffuse fights with ease.

The Half Moon is a popular haunt for adventurers, both new and experienced, and is praised across Faerun for its fine wines and food, and excellent service. It is a favored stop for many travelers and merchants on their journeys. All are welcome in the Inn, no matter if they be Drow or Tiefling or anything else, and strong, fair guards under the command and pay of Katriana ensure no fights break out between any of the patrons.

Enjoy your roleplaying time here!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The priestess took out a diamond and placed it upon the child's chest, pressing the gem against the bloodmarred torso with her palm, gently, her other hand grasping the sword-shaped charm and the ring that hanged on the chain on her neck. Luexena tilted her head back then, glancing to the three once more, her eyes narrowing as she saw the female grinning... That made the young woman grit her teeth. The child was slain, and there they are, already holding hands and exchanging smiles! Already forgot about the murder committed?! No remorse?!

It took an effort from her to focus on the task at hand. The drow looking to the moonlit sky and chanted a prayer, quietly, the hauntingly beautiful sound coming from her as she called to the Goddess. [i:1of89j8b]Eilistraee, my beloved... I call upon your mercy. Please, restore this broken coil and bring the soul of this child back into his body... If that would be your will. This... little life was ended before time. His path is not over yet... Please, my Lady... show Your grace... Your kindness... And let us learn from You...[/i:1of89j8b] The priestess' lithe frame rocked gently as she felt the Goddess' powers filling her. She smiled then and channeled them into the boy.

Several moments after the boy stirred, crying out weakly, in pain. Luexena snapped out of her trance and looked down to the child, removing her hand from his chest, the diamond turned black and crumbled into dust. [i:1of89j8b]Shhhh...[/i:1of89j8b] She held the stirring, whimpering in pain child down, trying to heal the worst of the wounds now. Her dainty hands again pressed to the child's chest, holding him down, the Maiden's healing powers still flowing through the priestess into this little living being, mending the worst damage.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix felt his rage skyrocket at the bard, not for Lothir's words of him being just a tool, but his words at Li'Neee. It was when people assumed to patronize others for their actions without fully understanding their motives that fueled the clones wrath. However, when Li'Neee grasped his hand, he felt himself subconsciously pull her up, almost on instinct. Something inside him stirred, part of it wanting nothing more than to draw his katanas and engage the bard in a fight to the death.
The other part roared at him to look after Li'Neee, her pain and sorrow were the reason he had erupted.

"Lothir, who I am, and what I do is irrelevant at the moment. What is relevant is making sure that no more blood is meaninglessly spilled tonight." The clone locked eyes once more with the bard to emphasize his point; he would defend Li'Neee, on the basis that he [b:zgd8u5tv]knew[/b:zgd8u5tv] how she felt, however, as a soldier, he would not allow more life to be lost without apt cause and purpose.

He felt his hand empty, and turned to see Li'Neee going back into the Inn. Without a second thought, he followed, having to duck at the entrance for Valor on his shoulders to fit through the doorway.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:1td58q3n][color=darkblue:1td58q3n]"LiNeee! LiNeee please wait!"[/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] Cried Phoebey as she darted through the door, followed closely by Onix and the bird Valor. [i:1td58q3n][color=darkblue:1td58q3n]"What happened!? I have no idea....[/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] No answer; [i:1td58q3n][color=darkblue:1td58q3n][b:1td58q3n]"LiNeee!"[/size:1td58q3n][/b:1td58q3n][/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] She yelled, and finally LiNeee turned to her, eyes dripping with what looked like silver tears. [color=darkblue:1td58q3n][i:1td58q3n]"Oh LiNeee...."[/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] Phoebey stepped forwards, catching LiNeee as the girl collapsed into sobs, the fact her mare was gone forever; finally dawning on her.

[i:1td58q3n][color=darkblue:1td58q3n]"Get her something to drink. Water"[/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] Phoebey snapped, the bard behind the bar nodding once before fetching it. LiNeee's eyes were on Onix and his bird, her expression strange, abnormal.

[LiNeee's Mind]: So he had defended me, Lothir had stood his ground, and Destiny... Oh, Destiny. I'm so sorry, I should have been there, in your last breaths, your last heart beats. [b:1td58q3n] A sob rattled her.[/b:1td58q3n] Things will only get worse from here, the boy is alive, my horse is not. And perhaps she would have died, [b:1td58q3n] eyes slid shut[/b:1td58q3n], perhaps she could have gone on her own will though. Phoebey, end the pain....

Phoebey leant forwards and kissed LiNeee on the forehead, her burgandy hair flaying around her shoulders, revealing elven like ears jutting out from under the mop of ignited hair. [i:1td58q3n][color=darkblue:1td58q3n]"Shhh, now LiNeee, everything will be fine."[/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] Phoebey looked up to Onix, [color=darkblue:1td58q3n][i:1td58q3n]"I don't know what happened out there, but, thankyou."[/i:1td58q3n][/color:1td58q3n] She said as LiNeee finally passed out.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalanar's eyes widened in suprise and confusion as he listened and watched the band in front of him. He'd glance back as Luexana tended to the child and then back to the group again, each word make him feel just a bit more as if this were some sort of surreal dream, or that perhaps he was really drunk. He held up a hand, about to interject, and ask a question, but quieted himself as he brought a hand to his chin. Finally, when the situation just got too odd for him he turned back to Luexana and spoke, as if he didn't believe what he was saying. [i:3obgtule]They see' fa' t' worried abou' some 'orse. Don' thin' they care abou' th' kid.[/i:3obgtule]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

As the other two turned to go back inside, the bard moves over to the priestess instead, astonishment on his face at her miraculous accomplishment. He crouches down beside her, one hand dropping to stroke the child's hair. "Is- will he be alright?" he asks softly. "It never ceases to amaze me how great is the power of the Maiden's love. I only wish..."

He pauses for a moment, staring toward the door. "I think it might be needful for you to speak to that girl. I have tried to explain to her that what she did was a terrible sin against the Goddess, but she does not understand. Perhaps if you showed her..." He trails off, not knowing what else to say. "And all this because she chose to snap at a servant who was concerned for her mount. "Sometimes I do not understand our own kind, Lady." He sighs, and rises, going back to the door, though with a last look at her and the boy. "I'm glad that you were able to restore his life. Perhaps, if you could do the same for that poor animal in there- it might help to mend some very hard feelings."

Once inside, he move over to Onix, with a look of wary caution. "Onix, I know that you are angry at the moment, but might I speak with you in private?"

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Finally she let her hands drop and glanced to the boy quickly to see the wounds closed right now. [i:1vmt12ih]Shhh.. Don't be scared[/i:1vmt12ih]. Luexena cooed, picking the child up, cradling him against her chest. [i:1vmt12ih]Everything is fine.[/i:1vmt12ih] The elven boy's eyes were full of confusion as he did not remember what happened in the last few hours, his mind was merciful to him. Eventually he turned quiet in her arms, closing his eyes and just resting, trustfully.

She offered a small smile to Lothir and nodded softly. [i:1vmt12ih]Horse, you say?[/i:1vmt12ih] The young priestess appeared a bit tired now, her skin gained a grayish hue, surely the [i:1vmt12ih]Raise dead[/i:1vmt12ih] prayer was a draining one. Her lavender gaze shifted to the doors of the stable. [i:1vmt12ih]Take the boy in your arms, Kalannar. I need to take care of something else, it seems.[/i:1vmt12ih]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:3r836dxh]Come 'ere lad.[/i:3r836dxh] Ryltar said as he took the boy up. Since his skin was a graying green, he stook out like a sore thumb among the drow and the elf child he now held. [i:3r836dxh]I bet y' make a good pirate one day. Y' already go' a nose for adventure.[/i:3r836dxh]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena smiled at his words despite herself. Quickly she brought the pouch up and began rummaging through it to try and fish another diamond out, then clutched the sparkling gem in her palm, walking into the stables to find Destiny on the ground.

[i:13dptnu4]Should be easier now.[/i:13dptnu4] She whispered and sank to her knees now, resting the gem upon the carcass' side, pressing it slightly with her narrow palm into the creature's hide. Reaching up with her other hand, she wiped her forehead, then lowered her head again, offering another prayer to the Lady, silently this time, begging Her to bring back the mare to life to ease the hard feelings and animosity. Again she felt the tingling sensation rising in her chest as the Goddess' powers filled her once more before pouring into the slain steed which jerked, breathing in, twitching.

[i:13dptnu4]I am glad you decided to not leave your friend's side.[/i:13dptnu4] Luexena whispered, closing her eyes, her weariness increasing tenfold, yet the deed was not finished yet. She had to heal the mare so it would not bleed out again. Several deep breaths, several beats of her heart and between them the feeling of the Goddess' positive energy surging through her and into Destiny, making the wounds clot. [i:13dptnu4]I am but Your vessel, my Lady.[/i:13dptnu4]

Finally the mare pushed itself up, strong enough to stand on its own. Luexena was pushed onto her back by Destiny's movement and she smiled a bit, feeling the dust of the crumbled diamond on her palms. [i:13dptnu4]Well... Hello there, beautiful.[/i:13dptnu4] The priestess climbed on her fours first, then staggered up, squinting, before hobbling out of the stables, the straws sticking to her back and hair, the front of her once white shirt was covered with crimson stains of drying blood.

She walked toward Kalannar, a bit unsteady on her feet, and motioned toward the inn. [i:13dptnu4]Take the child there, he needs rest. Bet he will sleep for the next night and day to recover fully. [/i:13dptnu4]Again the young drow smiled, realizing she might be looking awful right now, but she did not care much. Her blooded dirty hand clutched at the ring on her chain as she walked toward the inn, pushing the door open.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

<<OOC: Begging your pardon all, but could I bother you for a pause, so I can try to catch up?>>
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: No prob- just jump back in where ever you like. Most everything has been taking place outside, anyway.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix came into the Inn with Valor on his shoulder, and immediately stopped when he saw Li'Neee staring at him with her absent, odd expression. He looked into her eyes with his own crimson orbs and saw the pain and sorrow that was eating at her.

As the drowess fainted, Onix rushed forward to catch her, only to stop when her friend did.

[quote:3rnti2f5][i:3rnti2f5]"I don't know what happened out there, but, thank you."[/i:3rnti2f5] [/quote:3rnti2f5]

The clone turned to Phoebey and replied "I've known her sorrow before, so I can't just let that her stand by and take that patronization by herself. When one is against the whole world, or universe sometimes, they can feel like death is a better alternative than their situation."

[quote:3rnti2f5]"Onix, I know that you are angry at the moment, but might I speak with you in private?"[/quote:3rnti2f5]

The clone turned to Lothir and forced himself to remain calm, visibly breathing in and out slowly.
"Yes, Lothir; I'm very angry right now, and for good reason, but I will honor your request for a private audience. Lead on."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

After moments of sheer silence from the maiden Phoebey was holding, a sudden stir aroused. [i:35qrt0zd][color=darkblue:35qrt0zd]"LiNeee? You ok?"[/i:35qrt0zd][/color:35qrt0zd] Eyes slowly opening, mouth slowly twitching, color actually returning to a face that looked as pale as it could, LiNeee awoke. [i:35qrt0zd]"Destiny..."[/i:35qrt0zd] She whispered, [i:35qrt0zd]"she's alive,"[/i:35qrt0zd] eyes snapping open LiNeee was up in but a blink, Phoebey had no time to restrain her. [color=darkblue:35qrt0zd][i:35qrt0zd]"Oh, LiNeee, no. She isn't and you know that..."[/color:35qrt0zd][/i:35qrt0zd] But it was too late, LiNeee burst past Onix and Lothir, not giving either a second glance, her heart was telling her all she needed to know.

[i:35qrt0zd]"Destiny!"[/i:35qrt0zd] Came the cry just as the doors shut, LiNeee's voice breaking. She had wiped her eyes several times, maybe it was but a dream. But no, there stood the midnight, allabastor mare, her tail and mane flickering out widely in the night. Eyes stinging, LiNeee rushed forwards only to spy out that the stables boy was alive. She stopped dead in her tracks, shoulders slumping, it was a dream...

Phoebey shot out of the Inn, jaw dropping; a gasp rip from her throat. [color=darkblue:35qrt0zd][i:35qrt0zd]"It can't be..."[/i:35qrt0zd][/color:35qrt0zd] Sure enough it was a strange shock, the horse was alive and likewise for the child. [i:35qrt0zd]"I admit I did the wrong thing in ending your life child, I really have no explanation for it."[/i:35qrt0zd] LiNeee said towards the stables boy, then she turned and enveloped her mare with a hug so hard the mare snorted in distaste, however she made no gesture of moving away; instead she bowed her head, tucking LiNeee into her chest.

(( OOC: Gah, that almost made me cry. I've lost my horse in the floods this past week. It's a terrible feeling. Piccies --> [url=http://powerfulbeyondmeasure.files.word ... g:35qrt0zd]Destiny[/url:35qrt0zd] - Just think of it at night time though <-- ))
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He leads him over to a small private booth, and sits down. "I understand that you sympathize with that girl. I even understand why. Believe me, there was a time when I wanted nothing more than to strangle my family with my bare hands for what they did to Ravyn. Among their many other crimes. But you said yourself that she was wrong in being so snappish to a simple hired servant in the first place."

He holds up a hand to stall any reply, and shakes his head. "Please do not think that I am patronizing anyone- I know where you come from, remember? My own life wasn't much different- I was just lucky enough to bluff my way through it without ever having to kill anyone. And that's a lot harder than it sounds- trust me on that. But I don't want you to think I was being hard on her without reason. She called on the Maiden's name, and I'm not entirely sure you understand what that means. It means that she should have known better than to harm a child- EVER."

He continues, after a brief pause to let that sink in."It's like strangling a dog for tearing up your favorite shoes after you've scolded it for barking at the door. It does not understand that what it is doing is worse than the original provocation. He was, quite simply, too young to know better. Especially for an elf. Understand, I am not saying he was in the right. Clearly, his parents are at least partly to blame for not teaching him right and wrong better, but he's still young enough not to understand the consequences. The point is, the line has to be drawn somewhere, or it just becomes an escalating struggle for vengeance and counter-vengeance. Precisely the sort of thing that goes on between Lolthites. In other words, if we are to be any kind of example for our people, we HAVE to be better than that. We can't afford not to. Not when so many people up here already hate us as a matter of principle. I'm not angry with her- not really. Saddened, mostly. Because rash acts like that are the reason so many people would start pulling out the pitchforks and torches. Most people can perhaps forgive a slain horse, but not a slain child. No matter what the circumstances. And the sooner she realizes that, the better off she'll be. I'm sorry if you don't agree, my friend, but things are different here than where you come from. Hells, it's even different than where I come from- and I'm not as unfamiliar with the ways of this world!"

At last, he holds out a hand to the clone, with a half-smile. "Truce? I don't want any bad blood between us, abbil, it's too hard to find good friends as it is. And I didn't mean to insult you by what I said before- I was just trying to remind you that you have other options now. Being a soldier does not have to mean being an unthinking, unFEELing machine. We are what we make of ourselves, not what others wish for us to be. That's what I wanted to say before." He looks Onix in the face, all trace of animosity gone, and finally smiles. "Besides- don't we still have a quest to go on?"

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

LiNeee's jetting out of the inn made Luexena stagger and lose her balance some, so she pressed her back against the wall by the doorframe, steadying herself. The child was asleep by now in Kalannar's arms so did not hear the words from the drow. Luex knew the boy would not remember a thing about what happened to him tonight and it was for the best.

The priestess smiled oddly, wryly, gripping the ring almost painfully with her hand. [i:2y6bkq4c]Take him to the backrooms, dear Kalannar... before he learns more than he should. No harm is done... all is well.[/i:2y6bkq4c] She casted a glance to her stained shirt and brushed a few straws off her thighs. [i:2y6bkq4c]I'll join you in a moment as soon as I catch my breath. [/i:2y6bkq4c]In fact her knees were buckling a little, yet she was far too proud to admit her weakness and ask for help.