Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka notices the new fellow and over-hears his statement; turning to face the odd fellow, the aasimar says, "if dangerous situations are your specialty, than perhaps you'd like to join my conversation with my avian swordsman fellow here."
The paladin waved the fellow over with his arm and then turned back to the samurai bird-warrior.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She watched Lothir, shaking her head a little, speaking quietly now so he alone and perhaps Kalannar could hear her. [i:2hfyne0n]Do you seek a penance, brother? There would none that any priestesses could give to you. But one of those days... as you keep up the Lady's work... You will feel yourself better as your deeds would be atoned. Many of us came from the darkness and into the light...

Did you feel lost then, when you embraced the dark? Hopeless? I cannot give you the answer you seek as I do not know what exactly happened. But sounded like you were lost... Often such actions are commited because of the pain one feels... [/i:2hfyne0n] She paused, then continued quietly.[i:2hfyne0n] Perhaps when you have a moment, you and I could sit down and speak of all of this in more detail.[/i:2hfyne0n]

The priestess followed Lothir's gaze then toward Veraka and Onix, nodding a little. [i:2hfyne0n]Please, tell me more of this. And it seems the newcomer quessir [/i:2hfyne0n]- she indicated Thalion - [i:2hfyne0n]wishes to aid in this.[/i:2hfyne0n]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:3s1yesj0]Missionar' wor'!?[/i:3s1yesj0] Kalannar exclaimed and then looked to Luexena and then back to Lothir. [i:3s1yesj0]Ther' be no profi' in missionary wor' lad. I me' really. Wha' is it gonna ge' you? [/i:3s1yesj0]He asked again, something akin to panic, or perhaps fear in the half drows eyes. He He wasn't exactly a giving sort, and didn't want to start handing people his own hard earned gold! He needed it! And far more than they, in his opinion. He'd take another deep swig from his bottle and turned back to Luexana. [i:3s1yesj0]Yer no' actually gonna d' somethin' alon' them lines. Are ya?[/i:3s1yesj0]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[color=green:1vtn58m8][i:1vtn58m8]"Well, we plan on heading down into Menzoberranzan to try and get as many younglings outta there as possible, as well as see if any drow truly desire freedom from this . . Spider-Queen I keep hearing about. Truthfully, my real goal is to prevent any drowlings from becoming like what happened outside. If I can get even a few outta there, then so be it, I'll take that. That's about all I know about it. If it weren't for Lothir keeping my logical side in my head, I might have already stormed down there and tried it myself."[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8] LiNeee nodded as he finished up, her ivory hilted eyes darting to where Lothir sat; she infact had caught some of his conversation with Leux, her heart feeling like it would drop from her chest. Instead, she turned to share glances at Phoebey and Bella; they were grinning like children at her. Confused, LiNeee bent her head to the left an d quirked a brow; [i:1vtn58m8]"I know what you two are thinking,"[/i:1vtn58m8] she said, [i:1vtn58m8]"what makes you possibly think they need our help?"[/i:1vtn58m8]

Phoebey and Bella stole a glance in each others direction before relaxing down in the booth, both folding their arms over their chest. Phoebey piped up; [i:1vtn58m8][color=darkred:1vtn58m8]"who wouldn't need us? We have Bella who's a Drow/Druid type thing,"[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8] at that she paused and looked towards Bella with a slightly lighter look; [i:1vtn58m8][color=darkred:1vtn58m8]"speaking of, what [b:1vtn58m8]exactly[/b:1vtn58m8] are you?"[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8] Bella shrugged and turned to LiNeee and Onix, [i:1vtn58m8][color=darkblue:1vtn58m8]"this quest is one of brutality, that casualties may get a little high. I'm guessing they need all the help they can get. Am I right?"[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8] She looked at Onix on the last question, though sped forwards; not giving him a chance to even answer. [i:1vtn58m8][color=darkblue:1vtn58m8]"Besides! I spend most of my time as a horse, it's not labour to volounteer as a carter. I really don't mind it actually, gives me a taste of the animal spirit. Maybe we could even pretend to be a sideshow act? A trio of gypsies... Oh, LiNeee! This will be so fun! You are a trained warrior,''[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8] LiNeee went to deny this but Bella shot her hand out; [i:1vtn58m8][color=darkblue:1vtn58m8]"you cannot deny such a gift little cousin, I have seen you in battle; its but a blur. If it came down to it, you would be such a good affiliation to this squad."[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8]

Leaning back, Bella let out a long breath and smirked, LiNeee and Phoebey were both grinning as well, [i:1vtn58m8]"this will be dangerous though Bella, you'll lose a nail or two,"[/i:1vtn58m8] LiNeee sarcastically pointed out, Bella just stuck her tongue out and turned to Onix; all three girls turned to Onix as a matter of fact, it was Phoebey who spoke; [i:1vtn58m8][color=darkred:1vtn58m8]"so what say you, tall, dark, handsome stranger? In need of a trio of girls who will rock the socks off your endeavour?"[/i:1vtn58m8][/color:1vtn58m8] LiNeee smiled for once, and this time it reached her eyes, Phoebeys coherent babbling like those of the surface world was rather cute, she found herself dissolving into it, instead of worrying about anything else for that moment.

Later, however. She would face Lothir. That, indeed, would be her greatest endeavour.
Last edited by LiNeee-niss'xae on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He watches the flame-haired elf with amusement, then turns back to her with a furrowed brow. "Lost? no. It was more like- rage. And hate. All I wanted was to tear them apart for daring to help bring those monstrosities here. After I saw what those bugs could do, I just wanted every last trace of them wiped out. And anyone who would help their makers, too. I haven't felt like that since..."

He pauses, and there is a brief look of deep hurt. "Since Ravyn was killed. A part of me wanted to rip out the hearts of my own family for doing the same to her. The onlything that stopped me was knowing that I'd have to fight my way through an army to do it, and I knew I'd just end up the same as she did. Besides, I had made a promise to her, and well, I had to at least try to keep it. So I left. Sometimes I still think about going back and gutting them both, but it wouldn't make any difference now. And I don't think she would have wanted that anyway."

After a few moments, he sighs again, and shakes his head. "About what he's talking about- we were talking earlier, and it occured to me that there must be dozens, if not hundreds, of children in the Underdark who deserve the chance to grow up without fear or hate turning them into more vicious fanatics like the rest of them. abandoned children, orphens of fallen houses, captive slaves. What if someone could go down there, and bring them out? Maybe there are even some adults who want to be free, too. So we were thinking of doing a covert rescue mission. Try to find as many unwanted or Houseless ones as we can, and give them that chance. It would be dangerous, of course, because we'd have to hide our real purpose, but I want to try."

He gives the odd half-drow a cool look, and then rolls his eyes at his remark. "Profit? I don't give a damn about profit. This isn't about money. It's about doing something worthwhile, for children who would probably end up as slaves, battle-fodder, or worse without someone to give them a chance. Or is the cold and lifeless touch of coins the only thing of any value to you? I've enough of that stashed away to last a dozen lifetimes- what the Hells would I need more for?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3l7rnlby]By lost I do not mean the feeling of loneliness and confusion. I meant forgetting the right path. But what monstrosities do you speak about? I fear, I am not aware of such. Yet I understand... the rage... the hatred.[/i:3l7rnlby] The drow paused, watching him closely for a moment, then uttered softly. [i:3l7rnlby]Ravyn. Someone close to you?[/i:3l7rnlby] Her eyes closed then, only her long eyelashes fluttered and she reached up to touch the ring on the chain.

Luexena breathed out quietly after a moment, the tips of her fingers still stroking the intricately crafted mithril band. After counting ten beats of her heart, she opened her eyes and looked to Lothir. [i:3l7rnlby]This mission is a noble one... But who else is coming? Are you gathering a band of strangers to go?[/i:3l7rnlby] Her gaze took Onix in and her thin silvery brows knitted as she seemed unsure right now. [i:3l7rnlby]The group that would go down there, needs to consist of people who trust each other with their own lives. Because... one mistake and ..[/i:3l7rnlby] Again she paused, quirking her lips slightly. [i:3l7rnlby]I do not want anyone to share my mother's fate.[/i:3l7rnlby]

The priestess appeared thoughtful now, hesitating, her eyes were on Onix and LiNeee right now as she studied the two of them mainly. Finally she just shook her head and looked to the bard once more. [i:3l7rnlby]Do not judge Kalannar too harshly, brother. He's only began learning about the Maiden and her ways. [/i:3l7rnlby]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:17jet9mc]Well. I' ya go' tha' much gol' I don't be supposin' yer opposed to partin' wit' som' to 'elp a poor unfortunate Gentlemen o' fortune who 'appens t' be down on 'is luck, eh?[/i:17jet9mc] Kalannar gave Lothir his most impressively dashing grin. Despite his life style, his teeth were actually in good shape, which must have been by Tymora's grace or something considering the diets most piratey types have. He'd then look back to Luexana and then back to lothir, shrugging to himself before he took another swig from his bottle. [i:17jet9mc]If sh' be goin' then I'll join as well. Thoug' we're gonna need lots o' drin' between the dwarf an' I.[/i:17jet9mc]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, now that you mention it, yes. Lost in the sense that I feel myself slipping. And I don't even know why. And yes. She was- it's complicated. A slave from my father's personal harem, who took care of me when I was a child. A mother, almost. And later we were- close in other ways. She was with child when they killed her. And the worst of it is that I still don't know if they were..." He breaks off again, as if refusing even to think about the possibility. "She kept it a secret- even from me. I keep wondering, but I'll never know whose they were. I know I have a family of my own now, but... sometimes I wish- well, it really doesn't matter anymore. Can't go back."

At her statement about his mission, he nods. "No, not strangers. I'm not a fool. I was hoping to keep it to a few I can trust. Onix over there, Zarae has offered, and maybe a couple of others. We were going to go in as a sort of caravan of traders and entertainers- a szigany band, for lack of a better description. Or Savani, to use a term from home. Getting in is the easy part. It's how to go about it once we get there that will be hard. We'll need some contacts, for one thing- find out what houses have recently fallen, survivors, slaves from other cities, that sort of thing. but it will have to be discreet. We DON'T want to attract too much attention. And it will be hard to keep our cover intact, obviously."

At last he glances from Luaxena to Kalannar and back again, clearly surprised by his bold inquiry. Suddenly he laughs. "Sorry, chum, but that only works on the ladies. Or certain fellows less, ah- picky in their companions. And I hate to disappoint, but I don't swing that yard, if you catch my drift." He chuckles again, and turns back to her, shaking his head. "He's an interesting sort. What pond did you fish HIM out of?" He says, smirking. "You might need to throw him back- he's too salty."

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( OOC: Worst part about forum Roleplay; having to wait! Hah, well anyway, while they are waiting for Onix, I'm bringing yet ANOTHER character in, just incase LiNeee is not accepted on the [i:19r5j4lv]expeditiion[/i:19r5j4lv]. ))

Whilst waiting for an answer LiNeee's eyes drifted to the door of the Inn which had just opened depositing yet another being into the foyer. She merely ignored it, not knowing who it was.

In through the door the bard burst, his silent footsteps ringing in his head as they jolted sore joints in his knees. The male was large, perhaps six and a half foot large, very tall for his being. He walked with a subtle limp, though one would just place that with the amount of weapons he held upon his person; up on his back, crossed in a pattern like a cross-road was a pair of dual katana's, blades covered in crimson cloth that had been tied with what looked like leather straps. Down his back the male would be clad with armor, each step clanking it in some way or another. Under his right arm tucked right under the pit was a helmet of ivory metal, a feather protruding from its top that spiralled backwards and almost swept the ground as he strode towards the bar; infact, all his armor was of the same ivory metal with patterns adorned in crimson that scribed every passable surface. Upon his back; strapped across the katana's was a spear of sorts, the handle diagonally sweeping across his broad shoulders; made of onyx, obsidian steel. The spear head itself was shaped in the head of a dragon, the jaws wide, its teeth sharp even to the look; the piercing points penetrating; it seemed, even passed the light.

The bard took a seat in one of the bar stools, one of the many bags he had strapped to his waist, he withdrew a few gold coins, placing them on the counter infront of him; as he spoke his voice was dark, almost menacing; [i:19r5j4lv][color=olive:19r5j4lv]"just an ale, surprise me by the taste. Thankyou, please."[/i:19r5j4lv][/color:19r5j4lv] He relaxed down in the stool, his elbows resting on the counter of the bar.
Li Neena~

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The young woman nodded solemnly at Lothir's explanation about his past, not prying much this time, then her thin brows knitted again, with concern. [i:2x62kzw8]I am not sure your strange friend understands our ways and our concerns. I do not doubt his intentions. But the earlier display... makes me question the wisdom of coming along with him. Afterall he did turn and left the child for dead, because, you see, the child killed a horse. The children in the Night Below do not hesitate of killing each other for survival. Will he start cutting them down?[/i:2x62kzw8] Clearly she was not fully aware of Onix' reasoning, so her judgement was based on the things she saw. [i:2x62kzw8]Or are the ilythiiri children more worthy of the salvation and forgiveness than a quessir one? [/i:2x62kzw8]The priestess looked to her glass, falling quiet for a moment.

As the bard's attention turned to the half-sea elf, Luexena shook her head with a smile, the long silvery strands danced upon her shoulders and back. [i:2x62kzw8]I fear I have not fished him out. He's done it himself. And since then he's become my lesser pain in the neck, given my sister and her mate are my major one.[/i:2x62kzw8] She leant toward Lothir, whispering, loud enough for Kalannar to hear as her soft voice gained the teasing undertones to it. [i:2x62kzw8]But I agree, throwing him back into a pond is a good idea. Shame he'd enjoy it though.[/i:2x62kzw8]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: sorry, been jumpin around a lot :D ))
The clone was at loss for words at the incredulous display between the three females. However he did catch all of the words exchanged during the little show.

[color=indigo:2v9x5pdz]"so what say you, tall, dark, handsome stranger? In need of a trio of girls who will rock the socks off your endeavour?"[/color:2v9x5pdz]

Valor looked like he raised a brow, if birds had them, that is, and turned to stare at Onix; [i:2v9x5pdz]that's a first for you.[/i:2v9x5pdz]

The clone ignored the eagle for the moment and focused instead on Phoebey.
"Do we have a need for a trio of lovely ladies such as yourselves; well, I can't see why not, though."
[i:2v9x5pdz]Onix, what have you're gotten yourself into,[/i:2v9x5pdz] he asked himself, though LiNeee's smile gave the clone some comfort.

[i:2v9x5pdz]I was about to ask the same thing,[/i:2v9x5pdz] Valor put in.

Onix again ignored the sarcastic eagle and turned his attention onto the three eager girls.
"Your earlier statement about this mission would be correct; brutal? I think that would only begin to describe it. Personally, this is something of a quest for me to prove something as well."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He glances over at Onix and nods at her words, he murmurs to her. "Don't worry. He may not quite understand our ways yet, but I've already warned him about some of the things he can expect. Not sure he really believes it, but I can keep an eye on him, if it comes to that."

Hearing the clone's reply to the trio with him, the drow turns in his seat, and looks at him skeptically. "Are you sure that's wise? We don't know anything about them. And for our sakes, abbil, it had better NOT be brutal. This is really more of a discreet and subtle sort of endeavor. Barging in with swords held high will get us nowhere, Onix. Except very dead. And it goes without saying that we need to be VERY careful whom we take along. All we would need is one spy or careless tongue in the group, and we would end up as drider snacks. Or driders ourselves. And Onix, trust me when I say that I have SEEN it done, and it is NOT pretty."

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She spoke softly to Lothir again, not voicing her opinion too loudly. [i:p7r7zfhk]I am ...surprised to see the woman is not with her mare she killed for.[/i:p7r7zfhk] Something was not making sense in all this, Luexena felt like she was missing pieces of this puzzle so felt unsettled all the more. [i:p7r7zfhk]If one so dear to me was brought from the dead... I'd not leave their side for a long time.[/i:p7r7zfhk]
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Aye?" Thalion exclaimed as he instantly jumped up and eagerly moved to sit by the paladin, maneuvering himself so as to not sit by any of the females. "Sounds like a right bit o' fun for an unemployed bladesman such as meself!"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:3od9lsc2]You can prove something to me anyday,[/i:3od9lsc2] LiNeee thought to herself, forgetting about the connection between her and Phoebey before she noticed the line at which Phoebey's lips tightened to. A childish giggle bubbled against her lips for a moment before she bowed her head in sheer humiliation. Phoebey, however, turned towards Onix again with a small smile, lifting a hand to push back her blonde hair; [i:3od9lsc2][color=darkred:3od9lsc2]"we're aware of the situation, the amount of talk that has been going on about it is, well it is unbelievable! No matter, we three are in."[/i:3od9lsc2][/color:3od9lsc2] She looked from LiNeee to Bella than back to Onix, [i:3od9lsc2][color=darkred:3od9lsc2]"deffinitly in."[/i:3od9lsc2][/color:3od9lsc2]

LiNeee looked up and fumbled with something on the table, what was it with the clone that she admired? From across the table, Phoebey made a glance towards her, [i:3od9lsc2][color=darkred:3od9lsc2] "you know LiNeee, you've been awful quiet. Are you sure you are up to such an event?"[/i:3od9lsc2][/color:3od9lsc2]

LiNeee looked over to her and quirked a brow; what was that supposed to mean. Instead of answering straight away like Phoebey would expect her too, LiNeee stole a sweeping look over to Lothir, Leux and the other Drow she had yet to meet, her head tilting as she lifted a hand and gestured in their direction, [i:3od9lsc2]"I can all and well say that I want to come,"[/i:3od9lsc2] she looked at Onix and added with a grin; [i:3od9lsc2]"which I do."[/i:3od9lsc2] Before she looked back over to the three conversing, [i:3od9lsc2]"however, after tonights...Events. I'm not too overly sure that they will want someone such as me to attend. After all I over-reacted over something I caused, they might think me un-stable...-"[/i:3od9lsc2] Her words choked off and she let her chin drop, a small crystallised tear formed in her eye and finally rolled down her cheek like a rain-drop. No sob, no shake; just mere silence.

[i:3od9lsc2][color=darkred:3od9lsc2]"Oh, um, Onix....."[/color:3od9lsc2][/i:3od9lsc2] Phoebey turned to the Clone and smirked; [i:3od9lsc2][color=darkred:3od9lsc2]"incase you were wondering, this is Destiny; who is actually Bella."[/i:3od9lsc2][/color:3od9lsc2] Phoebey told him and Bella gave a small wave, her ebony hair swaying like that of the mares mane that she once was, [i:3od9lsc2][color=darkblue:3od9lsc2]"Vendui."[/i:3od9lsc2][/color:3od9lsc2]
Li Neena~