Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:12ga4qvg]For all the night's events, the lone foreigner, his corvid face enough to put the inn's staff a bit off-balance, unfamiliar with his obscure race, finds himself amused at least, by how they regard him at least. There's a few choice comments he pauses to consider. This place, Menzo, they keep mentioning, he can't help but wonder why they should want to infiltrate it, or steal its soldiers. Could these people be criminals of some sort? Or perhaps this 'Menzo' place, is akin to Rokugan's Shadow Lands. He can only wonder. Then there is the matter of this odd human or what seems like one, violent, undisciplined, and unbelievably strong, offering his katanas to help in the raid... he ponders if this man is worthy of carrying such weapons, if he has the proper discipline to use them to their fullest potential.

These ponderings have him settle a hand subconsciously to his left hip, where the concealed sword pair dwell, uncommon for most Samurai, but both blades his Daisho, named alternately 'Sun' and 'Moon'. Then there is that eagle. When finally the clone returns from his outdoor activities, it seems as good a time as any to address the many things on his mind. Finally rises the cloak-clad foreigner, a casual flick of a talon unfastens the cloak's drawstring, then his hand goes up to the shoulder, and in grand flourish, pulls the cloak off, sweeping it aside, and a flick of his wrist snaps it back and behind, releasing so it may fall across his seat.

The bulge on his back, once mistakable for a shield, now unfolds at either side, in a grand, and very welcome stretch, of large black feathered wings. They soon settle at his sides, framing in the blue fabrics of his more casual attire, using only a light ring-mail shirt worn underneath for protection.[/i:12ga4qvg]
[img:12ga4qvg]http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/oa_gallery/Tengu.jpg[/img:12ga4qvg]

[i:12ga4qvg]Still using his human-sounding voice, he selects the voice of reason, Veraka, to move toward first,[/i:12ga4qvg] "Human! I would have words with you. Moments ago I would have judged you and your people in this land savages, and little else, but you speak well and highly of dragons, I believe I may have misjudged."

((OOC: Oh yes, and please everyone feel free to gawk or comment, bearing in mind, even though his race is found in Faerun they're still quite obscure.))
Last edited by Agmasek on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix follows Lothir to his little private quarters. Along the way her hears Li'Neee's ecstatic cheer and turns his head barely enough to see her run out and embrace her mare, who's been revived. The clone finally feels a sense of peace within himself, though his rage and unvented anger are still very much alive and in him.

[quote:9kc3k0od]"But I don't want you to think I was being hard on her without reason. She called on the Maiden's name, and I'm not entirely sure you understand what that means. It means that she should have known better than to harm a child- EVER."[/quote:9kc3k0od]

"So then [b:9kc3k0od]make[/b:9kc3k0od] me understand whatever it is that got you ticked!!" the clone snapped. To say that Onix was irratiable about certain things in Toril was a major understatement.
However, when Valor ruffles his feathers, the clone realizes that he's making his own avian friend nervous.

Letting Lothir finish his long-tailed explanation, Onix then starts off, "actually, my friend, things are not so different in this world from how things are in my galaxy, it's all just superficial."

Onix could feel his anger reach a boiling point within him, his crimson eyes glowing. However, he let the iron-hard soldier in him, take control again, using simple logic and cold reasoning to persuade his mind otherwise.

"It's not that I don't agree with you, Lothir; it's that I find myself compelled to defend her personally from any outside attacks on the premises that I've been through the exact same thing before. I can't and won't let anyone suffer do to them losing a loved one, or someone close to them, even if it is the wrong way to approach the situation, socially or otherwise. Oh and if things are different here than from in my galaxy, then I'm a one-man army against an entire world of stereotypical prejudices and falsified, over-zealous ignorance." Onix let his own statement seep into Lothirs mind for a moment, while the bard's own statement slipped into his.

"Perhaps most people can forgive a slain horse; I know I could, only if that horse is not the only family that a person has in this world and then that family is taken away, without cause or reason. THAT'S what hits me to the core, among other things." Onix looks down at his own gloved hands, then chuckled, almost manically.
"I'm a walking enigma. A living contradiction, that's what I am."

His laugh little laugh dies down and the clone looks the bard directly in the eye.
"Lothir, I [b:9kc3k0od]AM[/b:9kc3k0od] a machine; nothing can describe me better than that, a biological super-soldier. Designed to do one thing, be a machine. Know my friend that it is this knowledge that allows me to think like I do, but at the same time, it is this knowledge that makes me what I am. I am a clone, a constructed, walking weapon. I was made for no other purpose than to destroy. I didn't take your statement for an insult, because I know that it is the truth, and one cannot change the truth when you've known it for all your life. I am a soldier, I will fight, destroy and die, all in time."

Onix took the bards hand and shook it, indicating that he didn't wish to have further problems in the future.
As the clone let go of Lothirs shake, he finished by saying "Just remember, Lothir It doesn't matter what happens to me, simply on the fact that I already know I'm expendable. Since that is the case, and I know it, then I try to make the most of what life I have."
With that, the clone turned from the bard, his face impassible as he struggled with his inner conflicts. However, try as he might, the clone couldn't find the strength to fight his memories, so he did what all his brothers did, he bottled them up, grinding them all into a tight box and then shoved that box as deep down as he could within the depths of his soul, or at least what he considered his soul.

Veraka heard the voice of one of the newer arrivals and turned to regard the newcomer.
"Very well, sir; what is it you wish to converse about?" the aasimar asked the odd stranger.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:1il518ui]It does not put him off balance, not drawing a surprised look from the aasimar, he just as wel assumes is another human, though the clearly avian humanoid, can't logically understand why, having expected these people to have difficulty receiving his kind,[/i:1il518ui] "I am a stranger to these lands, and I am unsure of the customs or laws, though have tried to do as my Lord commanded of me, to keep an open mind. So I must ask of you, this place you call Menzo, why do you so desire to cause troubles there? Have those people done something to so deserve this?"
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:3hcgla1n]"Ussta ligrr... Ein taudl, Usstan zhal'la inbal tlus a dosst suul. Usstan orn neitar sevir dosst suul 'sohna, dos ph'sreen'aur xuil uns'aa,"[/i:3hcgla1n] LiNeee's quickened whispers slipped past her trembling lips, the tears had resurfaced, sliding down those smooth cheeks. LiNeee took a step back, the mare mirroring her steps, coming closer. She smiled, placing a hand either side of the ebony mares head. [i:3hcgla1n]"Gi lu'oh Usstan ssinssrigg dos,"[/i:3hcgla1n] LiNeee whispered, though it sounded more like she had let out a breath.

Phoebey was frozen, standing by the closed door just watching the scene. How? She glanced around, stepping aside for the male to take the child inside, her eyes found Leux, she nodded. [color=darkblue:3hcgla1n][i:3hcgla1n]"You did well, M'lady... I know, none of you understand what her intentions were."[/i:3hcgla1n][/color:3hcgla1n] She nodded towards LiNeee, who had her arms up and around the mares neck; [color=darkblue:3hcgla1n][i:3hcgla1n]"but, I would appreciate it, if you left her be for tonight. Tend to your own health, you look like you just got pulled backwards through a hedge. Rest; and by all means, talk to her tomorrow."[/i:3hcgla1n][/color:3hcgla1n] Phoebey; who had never defended another, felt rather proud. She looked out at LiNeee and her companion, the closest thing the girl had ever had to a family, and she began to cry...

LiNeee sniffed, lifting a hand to wipe the tears from her face, the mare whinnied, nudged the girl with the tip of her muzzle. LiNeee gave a painful chuckle, bending her head and tucking further into the horses side. [i:3hcgla1n]"Plynn uns'aa, ori'gato udossa tiu xuil l'su'aco,"[/i:3hcgla1n] she told the mare, that was the turning point. Perhaps LiNeee hadn't mentioned the degree at which the mare had been her family, a little longer and one would have found out rather petutantly. [color=darkred:3hcgla1n][i:3hcgla1n]"No! No, LiNeee. You will not run from what you have done,"[/i:3hcgla1n][/color:3hcgla1n] LiNeee's jaw dropped and she stumbled back, falling hard on her back, Phoebey was there at her side in seconds.

Before the two girls, the horse reared up, mane splaying out in the velvet air. [i:3hcgla1n]Another shape-shifter?[/i:3hcgla1n] Phoebey inquired, though not out loud. She turned to LiNeee expecting an answer but it was already answered; instead of a horse standing there it was a girl. Long ebony hair swung freely down her back, swaying in the wind; kissing at her calves. [i:3hcgla1n] "Bella...." [/i:3hcgla1n] LiNeee had whispered; so it was her family, Phoebey remembered the name well; it was her cousin. The last of a long line of Xae's... [i:3hcgla1n][color=darkred:3hcgla1n] "Vendui,"[/i:3hcgla1n][/color:3hcgla1n] Bella said, stepping towards the two girls, [color=darkred:3hcgla1n][i:3hcgla1n]"Al vel'klar zhah ussta guta!"[/i:3hcgla1n][/color:3hcgla1n] LiNeee grinned and all but leaped into the other girls arms, Phoebey was merely; stunned.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena more guessed the words from Phoebey than heard them, standing rather far away from the stables, by the inn door. She nodded her reply as she had no intention to interrupt, so she stood, closing her eyes for a moment, then finally pushed herself off the wall, forcing herself to straighten. A few seconds after she slipped into the inn, taking another deep breath and then making her way to her table, trying to walk confidently like usual. Yet - as the drowess reached the table, she simply slumped onto her chair, reaching to the cup of her cold tea, finishing it off quickly.

The dwarf was gone to rest, Zarae went to see her friends, Caine already managed to leave the inn to meet with her sister upon the road. Kalannar was away, putting the child to bed. [i:3kh0hcqi]I hope he is bright enough to burn the stained and slashed through shirt of the boy.[/i:3kh0hcqi] she whispered to herself, then looked to her dirty palms, frowning a little. Surely a bath was in order, but it'd have to wait.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Seeing that Onix has once again clamped off his emotions, he does the most practical and helpful thing he can think of- he quietly puts a hand on the clone's shoulder, then spins him around to face him once more, and with a look of sincere concern, he gabs him in a firm bear-hug.

"My friend, do not ever mistake yourself for a mere machine, or I may just have to kick your arse back into space. You have a mind of your own- do you have any idea how precious a gift that is? If you were truly as expendable as you believe, they would never have bothered to give you and your brothers wills of your own. If all they wanted was a walking weapon, they could have easily built them from machines. But they needed living, breathing beings who can think and make decisions for themselves in the midst of the chaos of battle. Whatever you may have been led to think, you are no less a living, real person than I am- and I was born and bred to be a cold-blooded tyrant. Never mind that there was a mitigating influence in my case- you've seen that there is something else out there besides what you have always known. Don't sell yourself short, friend. You DO have a life, and though it's true that you may fight and even die as a soldier, the greater truth is that you are whomever and whatever you choose to be. Being a soldier is only a part of who you are. You are also a brother, a friend, and one of the craziest ba$ta*ds I've ever met. I've seen you and you brothers laugh, make jokes, take each other's backs- you cannot tell me that these are the acts of mere machines or weapons."

He cocks his head slightly, and pulls away, not wanting to seem too forward toward another male. "Your origin is not what matters. The fact that you are alive means that there is a soul inside you- a soul that is different from that of any of your brothers. You ARE real, Onix. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise, because they are wrong. You have a will and a mind to think and feel, and to choose your own destiny. And so help me, if I have to, I will keep drumming that into your thick skull until you realize it!" He says, grinning at Onix and laughing.

After a moment, he sighs, and looks at him with an expression of sadness. "Hmm, well, you already know part of the story. I mentioned the incident with the stowaway, and the merchant vessel my father's ship attacked. But there is more than that. I've already told you a little about Ravyn. What I didn't say is that she was not just the woman I loved. She was virtually like a mother to me when I was a child. And I had to watch helplessly, year after ear, as he battered and molested her. I grew to wish for the times when he went out to sea, because it meant a reprieve for her from the pain, the humiliation. And there was nothing I could do, because she belonged to him by the laws of my people. You are very much right about prejudices and ignorance. Where I come from, fear and might are the only things anyone respects. If you are not powerful in some way, you are nothing but fodder for the endless wars. Or worse, a slave or an offering to that spider-witch. And a slave has no life at all besides what their master allows. In her case, no one was allowed to touch her without his permission- and he is not the sharing kind. Possessive to the point of ordering death to any who so much as breathed on what was his. That was my mistake. I dared to think I could defy the rules of the world I was born to, and it cost me the only thing I held dear."

He is silent for a moment, and watches the strange fellow with the crow's face and wings idly, with a strange sort of bemused look. "It's because of her that I hold all life so precious. She taught me that. I cannot stand by and allow it to be thrown away out of anger or hatred. To kill in battle when one is defending those who cannot fight for themselves is one thing, and even then, I hate the necessity, but to I cannot feel sympathy for someone who lashes out against one who is weak and helpless. Regardless of what the boy did, he was defenseless against her, and that is why it was wrong. Had he been a grown man who could fight back, I would not be so harsh to her right to take recompense for her loss. But to slay a small child, even one who has killed a beloved companion- and one that was in fact already near-dead as it was, I might add- it was too much like what I have spent my entire life seeing. You are lucky in a way, Onix- you have always had an enemy you could recognize to fight. You knew what they were and what they could do. But I lived in a place where everyone around me was potentially an enemy, and no one could be trusted. You have your brothers to count on. I had no one. Even Ravyn could not be there to watch my back, because she was a slave. And in any case, I spent half my life away from home in a training ground where rivals were likely to stab or poison each other or even strangle each other in their sleep. I hardly ever sleep at all because of that- I got too used to hiding UNDER my bunk instead of sleeping in it, simply because there were so many jealous fools who hated my position. And LiNeee is not the first to feel such kinship with an animal. I had two before I left home for the Academy- an owl who was a messenger for the Maiden that she left in the valley where I first saw her- to keep an eye on me, I think- and an albatross that I nursed back to health after it drifted into our cavern on the tide with a broken wing. I left it in that valley with Sivestrik and Snowfeather when I had to go to the Academy. But by the time I came back, both of the birds had long since died. And Sivestrik was later killed by a large and vicious red."

"So, there you have it. You wanted to know, and there it is. I've lost everything that I once cared about, and it was only good fortune that brought me to Vala when I finally left home for good. And that was after I spent weeks being thrown out of one town after the next, having all my coin stolen, starving in the streets, only to end up on a frontier farm, where i suddenly found myself being hunted by my own kin. If tVala and her brother had not come along when they did, my sister Morganna would have dragged me off to who knows what fat back home. As it is, she stabbed me in the chest, and I was damn near hung as a scapegoat for a massacre SHE committed. So you might say I no longer have reason to fear death. I've BEEN there."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

It had been a long night, what with the death and the rebirth of a child and likewise a mare; who was actually a shape-shifter, who was actually a royal heir to the family of Xae. The boy, was rather different aswel, who knew what secrets he held beneath that marble like featured face and the innocent blue eyes. They were siding with him, even if they needn't admit it, they sided. Things were changing, no longer was vengeance a simple statement in a day to day life, oh no, it was a crime, an over-estimation of ones inhabitants up here. [i:7ohj2gsm]Up here,[/i:7ohj2gsm] on the surface world, every different, no one following the old ways, all rules changing. Phoebey was standing remotely still by the door, perhaps a metre infront of it, her eyes observing the kinship of an embrace in front of her; Bella and LiNeee. Bella was infact; LiNeee's long lost cousin, Phoebey wondered very sincerely if LiNeee had even known her horse was actually a girl she had thought was dead for over five years.

Phoebey let out a breath she'd been holding and made a quick step back towards the Inn, glancing over her shoulder she made the quick observation the Leux had snuck back inside, [i:7ohj2gsm][color=darkred:7ohj2gsm]lucky lady,[/i:7ohj2gsm][/color:7ohj2gsm] she thought silently before turning back to the family reunion. Bella had stepped back, her face one of pure elegance as she gave off an astonishing grin; of course, past the time Phoebey could remember, the girl had always been dazzling. [color=darkblue:7ohj2gsm][i:7ohj2gsm]"al, orn udos alu wu'suul? F'sarn nug'ri."[/i:7ohj2gsm][/color:7ohj2gsm] Phoebey heard Bella ask, than saw LiNeee nodded. [i:7ohj2gsm][color=darkred:7ohj2gsm]Time to go, this is my chance,[/i:7ohj2gsm][/color:7ohj2gsm] Phoebey made for her getaway, she whipped around towards the door, her feet leaving the ground, she seemed to be shrinking. Phoebey grimaced, the familiar feeling of bones clicking and changing, moving under her skin, vibrating. A sudden burst and she fell to the ground, a tail shaking out behind her; she was a mouse. Very small and fast, as it was. She darted towards the Inn doors, intent on curling up infront of a hearth.

Those dreams shattered as something swooped and plucked her from the earth, she looked up to see a giant Bella holding her; a smug expression on her face. [i:7ohj2gsm][color=darkblue:7ohj2gsm]"Vel'klar xun dos talinth dosst aluin? Usstan ssiggrin dos lle'warinil uns'aa..."[/i:7ohj2gsm][/color:7ohj2gsm] she whined. Phoebey slumped in the girls grip as her and LiNeee walked inside the Inn, [i:7ohj2gsm][color=darkred:7ohj2gsm] Does she know that she can talk english here?[/i:7ohj2gsm][/color:7ohj2gsm] She asked LiNeee, who had been rather quiet the whole time. Phoebey stole a glance towards her, she was silent, eyes wide just staring. Phoebey followed her glance to a table where Lothir and Onix were hugging, she sighed. [i:7ohj2gsm]His left me...[/i:7ohj2gsm] LiNeee told Phoebey sliding into a booth, hiding. Phoebey switched back to her elven guise, ears poking out under the cloak that LiNeee threw to her.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Cracks neck, "alright then; this will be interesting))

Veraka looks to the odd crow-fellow and nods his head, his silver eyes meeting the strangers own.
"Menzo is an abbreviation for a city of drow, located within the Underdark, called Menzoberanzzan. Truth be told, I have no desire what-so-ever to stir up a rampage among that city. I've been there a few times, both with my wife and without, and I can honestly say I would not want to cause trouble there," the aasimar starts off, being truthfully honest about the drow city.

"What my friends are referring to is a venture of some kind that they plan to take down to the city to locate and evacuate as many children of that city as they can. The reason for them going down there and running amok is simple; the drow have been a cynical and maniacal race for many years, despite the fact that you may see so many around this inn. For the most part, drow on a whole are about as evil as they come, most of the time willingly, sometimes not and sometimes against their own will. My friends feel compelled to get the young ones of their race away from that maniacal heritage and allow them to try and grow up without the evil menacing Spider-bitch Queen around to sway them to become like their ancestors."

Onix let the bard go on his little 'rant' about the clone's little dilemma. The clone let Lothir finish his statements, and then released from hug.

The clone listened to Lothir explain his story, remaining silent, and letting the bard explain everything to him. When Lothir finished, Onix simply said, "then it seems that you, I and Li'Neee have all experienced something of the same level now."

"Oh and Lothir, don't forget one thing; it's only because of my brothers that I've lived this long. We clones learn at a very early age that if you don't watch your teammates' backs, then you will die, and very fast. Lothir, why do you think that my brother reacted the way he did when Pyro had his head whacked down good. It is because of that ingrained sense of survival, and that knowledge that Pyro is his teammate, that Stalker lashed out," Onix said, remembering his brother's rather interesting explanation of the tavern brawl with that rather dumb lot of dark elven troopers.

At the bard's finishing statement, Onix looked him in the eye and said "well my friend, truely have lost everything, but ask yourself this my friend; did you have a lot to begin with? The way I see it, if you came to hate your way of life prior to what you are now, then did you truly have much to begin with, was your life before this truly that good. Becasue if it wasn't, then you truly didn't lose as much as you thought." Onix's statement in and of itself could be considered very cold-hearted and callous, but if one understood the meaning of his words, then they would understand his point.

"Lothir, just remember this; where I come from, the enemies may be easy to find and even easier to to spot, but their not always the real threat. Sometimes the greatest threat to anyone in my galaxy is themselves as their own mind begins to doubt itself, and nothing is more degenerative than anything else. As to me being a machine, I do know this, you haven't seen me when my suit kicks in then. Don't ever forget that I am still an engineered piece of science. Those who created me and my brothers were adamant about seeing us able to survive. So, that's what I've done, I've survived; and I learned that the only way to survive the way I did was to become something without a soul."

With that, the clone turned away from Lothir and made his way back to Li'Neee and himself smiling at her, even as Valor upturned his beaked head and stared the clone in his crimson eyes.

[i:1afdi2mg]What in the Nine Hells are you thinking, Onix?[/i:1afdi2mg]

The clone glanced up at the harpy eagle, and actually laughed.
"Simple; joining that lovely lass at her table, is that a problem?" Onix replied, inclining his head at Li'Neee and her newly arrived friends.

[i:1afdi2mg]Only if I have to continue to ride on your vary hard shoulders,[/i:1afdi2mg] the bird replied, bringing his feathered head back up to its original position.

The clone strode up to Li'Neee and looked to her in the eye; "Am I interrupting anything?" he asked, a slight smile of relief on his face.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar nodded to Leuxana and made his way to the inn with the boy in his arms. Of course, he didn't go straight to the back room as she had instructed him to do. That would be the responsible thing to do. And well... He wasn't the most responsible person. Instead he made his way to the barkeep with the kid with the bloody shirt and ordered two bottles of ale, and a third of rum. She of course complied rather quickly and with a rather strange look and he took off to the backroom.

There he laid the boy down on the coat and removed the bloody shirt, tucking it into a bag. [i:fess4f7j]Whe' ya wake. I be goin' t' introduce ya t' a mans drin'[/i:fess4f7j]. He said as he popped the cork off the rum bottle and took a sip. [i:fess4f7j]I be thinkin' ya deserve i'. Still, rather odd this all 'appened over a 'orse.[/i:fess4f7j] He took another swig now and opened the door, peering out for any sign of Luex, not sure if he should go out to her, or wait for her to come inside.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena sat alone by her table, just resting now, holding the ring in her hand, staring off with a distant look on her face. The events of this night surely brought back the memories she'd rather keep buried. [i:1vj9erpd]At least it worked, this time[/i:1vj9erpd]. Her lips moved, quirking a little. She closed her eyes then, trying to break free from this web of memories, the thin nimble fingers curled, the nails plunging into her palm, then the priestess relaxed and breathed out quietly.

After a long moment of stillness she reached to her bag and took out a little silvery mirror, peering inside, smirking, noticing another straw in her hear, so reached up to pull it out.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He gives Onix a sober look, and nods. "Aye, you survived. As I did. You call it surviving, but you seem to forget one thing- you and your brothers are there for each other, and that is what a family truly is. That is what families DO. At least, it is sopposed to be- my own not-withstanding. You are very lucky to have such a family. i know that none of you would ever admit to it, but you all care about each other- and don't deny it, friend, because it's true."

He smiles at the clone, with a knowing look, chuckles a little. "Besides, who else but family would put up with all of you?" Then he sobers, and looks at him with a slightly pained expression. "I have asked myself that same question more times than I can count. I hated my life, yes, but not because I had nothing. I hated it because most of what I had was empty and meaningless. The things I had meant very little to me, but those that I lost meant everything. The truth is, I had anything I could have wanted or needed there for the taking. But I would have given it all up to have them back. Actually, I DID give it all up when I left. I suppose it's all in how you look at it. Would you take shallow wealth and empty power, or hold to the friends and loved ones who make living worthwhile? I chose the ones that could not be replaced."

"You know, I still think that you are more than you believe. And I HAVE seen your armor powered up, remember? But the armor and weapons are not what make you strong. The most powerful armor and weapons in the world- or galaxy, if you like- are useless if the one using them does not have the will to fight for what he believes, or for what is important to him. You say you have survived without a soul? Your will IS your soul, Onix. Your origin is not important. What IS important is that you are willing to fight and die for your brothers, and for those you were created to protect. I've seen mere slaves with nothing to gain and everything to lose, defeat warriors in full armor with nothing more than a simple spear and the will to live. That is your TRUE strength, my friend. Not some nano-thingies inside you. Those are just- accessories. You may not know it, but I've seen something else in you, too. The desire for friendship, your compassion for that girl in spite of her mistake- those things are not the acts of a soulless being. Think about it."

He nods at him and gives him a clap on the back, then moves back over to the table where Veraka is chatting with the odd crow-fellow. "So, I see our mystery guest has decided to reveal himself! Well met, good- ah, how are you called?" He says, with an open, friendly grin.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

A strange droning sound, carrying a tune easily mistakable for music began to emerge from the chaos of the voices and gradually grew so loud as to be unbearable. It is at this very moment that the droning suddenly stops and into the front door walks a fairly tall moon elf, with hair the color of bright flame, and eyes blazing green as emerald lantern covers. This strange elf is garbed in a green shirt and kilt, with gold trim, carrying his bagpipes on his back and a long, slender rapier at his side, easily visible for the myriad of jewels and precious metals on the elaborate basket hilt and ornamented scabbard. His face was very handsome but for the lack of his left ear. His skin was very, very fair.
"Top o' the ev'nin' to ya's", he said in a rather cheery voice, "It's been heared to me very own ear that there's fine comp'ny and even finer drink here. Might I partake, good madam?" He bowed to the nearest lady that looked to be in the employment of the inn. "Me names Thalion, and I'm a might a'thirst, if ya get my meanin'".
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:vpqbyrby][color=darkred:vpqbyrby]"Can you even speak english? Do you know how to pronounce words?"[/i:vpqbyrby][/color:vpqbyrby] Phoebey was musing, now sitting next to Bella who shot her a death look; [color=darkblue:vpqbyrby][i:vpqbyrby]"of course I speak english,"[/i:vpqbyrby][/color:vpqbyrby] Bella told her, inclining her head at the menu, [i:vpqbyrby][color=darkblue:vpqbyrby]"but I am one of the Drow, why would I choose to speak english, when I can speak my home language?"[/i:vpqbyrby][/color:vpqbyrby] Bella placed the menu back on the table and placed her small fist on top of it, [color=darkblue:vpqbyrby][i:vpqbyrby]"anything for you Li-"[/i:vpqbyrby][/color:vpqbyrby] She began but was cut off as Onix strode up to the table, Phoebey's jaw dropped and she squinted towards LiNeee; the girl was bundled up near the wall, hugging her knees to her chest.

[color=green:vpqbyrby][i:vpqbyrby]"Am I interrupting anything?"[/i:vpqbyrby][/color:vpqbyrby] Onix asked, standing by the table with that large bird on his shoulder. LiNeee finally stirred and glanced at him; her expression was feint, like she was still asleep but still registering that he was there; she stayed silent. Phoebey looked at her and tilted her head before piping up; [color=darkred:vpqbyrby][i:vpqbyrby]"no, no of course not. Take a seat,"[/color:vpqbyrby][/i:vpqbyrby] she insisted, gesturing at the booth where LiNeee was, [i:vpqbyrby][color=darkred:vpqbyrby]"we weren't talking about anything too important."[/color:vpqbyrby][/i:vpqbyrby] Phoebey swung her foot out and kicked LiNeee under the table; finally some movement. [i:vpqbyrby] "What was that for?"[/i:vpqbyrby] She hissed, sitting up straighter with a look of mere nonchalantsy. Phoebey grinned and looked at Onix again; [i:vpqbyrby][color=darkred:vpqbyrby]"So, what's the birds name?"[/i:vpqbyrby][/color:vpqbyrby]

LiNeee moved over subtly for Onix to slide into the booth if he chose to, her eyes were on his face and she couldn't help but flash a smile of her own. [i:vpqbyrby]"Sorry, I am in here,"[/i:vpqbyrby] she said with a wider grin, lifting a hand to russle her fringe away from her face.
Li Neena~

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar gave Luex some time to herself, occassionally glancing back at the child to make sure he still slept. He waited to see if anyone went to her before finally he would so so himself. As he reached her he pulled back a chair and plopped down on it, taking another swig from the three bottles he held. [i:hs0tbgha]Th' chil' be sleepin' now. Any wor' from th' others?[/i:hs0tbgha]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1n9aw6ky]Others? Not yet. Caine left to meet with Rae on the road. So all quiet so far.[/i:1n9aw6ky] She smiled at him, clearly pleased she did not have to sit there all alone and brood longer. Glancing from him to Thalion, the drow offered a nod, greeting him silently, then looked to Kalannar again. [i:1n9aw6ky]What drink is that? I might as well ask for a glass of that. [/i:1n9aw6ky]

Her dark lips twitched, curling in a faint, somewhat grim smile. Might kill my desire to bash heads right now. With a sigh, she reached up, unbraiding her long locks quickly, letting them flow loosely down her shoulders and back like a silvery waterfall. [i:1n9aw6ky]The bath is more in order than before.[/i:1n9aw6ky] Her lavender eyes turned fogged for a moment as she whispered to him. [i:1n9aw6ky]Such crime was commited and all are well now, as if nothing happened.[/i:1n9aw6ky]