Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Delrum nodded to Luexena's words, and sighed out a bit, as the realization came upon him that this was no his theif, but still a streat nonetheless. Quickly he'd untie his war axe from his side and would look down at Aluan, as if ready to smack them with the broadside of the blade if just waiting for the woman to get lippy. [i:3oq1jhld]Normally I'd argu' against exposin' someone t' yer grandmother. But I thin' we can make an exception this time.[/i:3oq1jhld]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard looks at the girls, and shrugs. "Suit yourself. Actually, though, there's an entrance not too far from here. That's why this place is here, in fact. It's a way-station for drow coming up. Started by a friend of mine, but she's not here. all we really need is a guide Below. Unfortunately, I've never really explored the tunnels in this area, so I don't know if they actually connect to the ones to Menzoberranzan. and I couldn't find anyone in the village down there who knows the way or has a map."

He looks off for a moment as if lost in thought, and shrugs. "You probably won't even need to ride. The entrance is in some caves in those woods to the west. I just brought the pony to pull the cart, since we'll need some way to transport our gear and 'merchandise' down." He suddenly looks startled, as if remembering something. "That reminds me! I almost forgot to get those 'special goos' from the cook!"

He dashes back into the inn, while Palax stands staring after him. "That drow is an idiot," mutters the paladin sourly. "What my sister sees in him, I'll never understand."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i want planing on removing her from the RP. unless she already planned to jump out, then jump back in again sorta thing.))

"[i:1nb294cq]with some of the others I could. is that yalls final decision?[/i:1nb294cq]" looking around to everyone, some confused about the 'wolf.'
"[i:1nb294cq]and before everyone leaves, I would like to give a blessing on everyone and this mission if possible. is everyone around?[/i:1nb294cq]"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee let her hands drop to her side; saddle forgotten - she blinked. Bella turned her large black head towards the girl and gave a whinee, the sound one of annoyance. Truthfully; LiNeee had been extra excited about treking out on horse back. Her shoulders slumped and she hid it with a light shrug; a smile tinging her lips though her eye brows still remained pulled together. [i:2m0mlow5]"Guess we walking than girls..."[/i:2m0mlow5] She told Bella and Phoebey who both plodded their hooves into the ground and flicked their tails, grunting in their own ways. LiNeee grinned then, her eyes relaxing, seemed the girls were having a silent conversation;

[i:2m0mlow5][color=darkred:2m0mlow5]Are they calling me fat? I can bloody hell fit under the ground,[/i:2m0mlow5][/color:2m0mlow5] Phoebey snorted, the counter coming from Bella as she threw her head up to look at the white mare; [i:2m0mlow5][color=darkblue:2m0mlow5]are you serious? You have like two asses![/i:2m0mlow5][/color:2m0mlow5] The horse roared with laughter of a kind; its sides shaking and mane dancing around softly. LiNeee tilted her head; [i:2m0mlow5]Women please, pull yourself together and transform. Please... Be clothed.[/i:2m0mlow5] She chuckled and turned back to Lothir, saying outloud;

[i:2m0mlow5]"We go by foot then,"[/i:2m0mlow5] but the bard was gone, vanished back into the inn. LiNeee shot a weird look at the Paladin who utter words and smirked, lifting her hands to pull the hood up over her head to confine her face. [i:2m0mlow5]"Well, I guess that leaves us with... That."[/i:2m0mlow5] She said disgusted, her face concealed under the hood as she pointed towards the assassin. [i:2m0mlow5]"Maybe we could use her for bait for the guards?"[/i:2m0mlow5] Stupid idea; of course. But she hadn't had control of her words before they shot out. She blushed and turned away, wondering what Onix thought of that.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, his barbarian honed, and paladin-sharpened senses ever present, noticed LiNeee shoot a wierd look.
Then overhearing Palax's words about Lothir, Veraka couldn't help but smile. Striding over to the paladin, the aasimar places an armored hand on his shoulder, and says, "Sir Palax, with respect, let him go. If Vala made a copper for every-time you shot that bard a remark of yours, she'd be a queen. Now if my memory serves me right, your were asking about the deity I follow, or more specifically, his dogma and its workings. If you'd like to know, I'd be more than happy to explain it inside, perhaps even take a stride back to my wife, long way it is, but nonetheless. What say you?"

Onix, still half-astonished that his platinum covered friend had been able to bring a rampaging Krom to a stop with words alone, overheard LiNeee's words about using the assassin as, what he and his fellow clones had been taught, 'jail-bait' for the guards of Menzoberanzzan to try and slip by. ((OOC: sorry for the pun, criminal justice major right here :D ))
While he did think the idea had merit, given his knowledge and current understanding of drow society, the guards, if male, would surely turn a blind eye towards their party for their chance with a female, especially in a female-dominated society.
However, the clone had his own moral issues boiling inside of him at that moment. He was a soldier, so his job was to protect the innocent, but he was at the same time, furious at the assassin for her trying to kill LiNeee.
[i:2si6rj5x]Is she so innocent, while trying to take the life of anther?[/i:2si6rj5x] Onix asked himself mentally.
[i:2si6rj5x]Is she?[/i:2si6rj5x] came Valor's voice.

The clone looked at LiNeee and replied "well, if it works."

Veraka, trying to get Palax into the Inn, just processed Onix's words as well as those of the drowess, LiNeee and stopped in his tracks.
Turning towards Onix, he looked the clone directly in the eyes and replied "Is that truly what you think. Just use her," he pointed towards the assassin, whom was still pinned by Luexena, "as a means to get past the guards of Menzoberanzzan?"

"So what if she's a key to unlock the gates; if it works, it works," the clone retorted.

Veraka gave a deep sigh and glared Onix in the eyes; "so what you're saying is you're taking on the role of a god? You're already giving this drow her sentence of her life, hmm?"

Onix sniffed at the aasimar's comment; "does it look like I give a shit about what gods and all that super-natural stuff, think? If a person is judged based on their actions, then what good is that assassin alive if all she does is ruin others lives, hmmm? Far as I'm concerned, she's a threat as much as any sword drawn towards us."

Veraka narrowed his eyes at the clone; "perhaps so; but I'm asking is it [b:2si6rj5x]your[/b:2si6rj5x] job to play judge, jury, and executioner towards her by what you're agreeing with doing to that assassin?"

The words hit Onix like an avalanche. The clone glared the aasimar back, his own crimson-orbs flashing something that could be considered dangerous.
"I judge only what I know someone has done, based on what I've seen and what I've heard.; and quite frankly, everything I've seen about this assassin, speaks death about her. Ask me, why not let her have it done to her? Give the lowly males of her society some justice, ehh?"

Veraka's radiant silver eyes glowed as the aasimar stalked up to the clone, his armor glistening in the moonlight. He stopped less than an inch from Onix's face and looked him square in the eyes.
"You don't know the true meaning of justice if that is what you suggest for a punishment for her. If you suggest that she be give to the hands of a drow male, and a lowly guard at that, then why are you on this journey to Menzoberanzzan?" Veraka whispered all of that to Onix, then turned around and walked back into the Inn.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: :eek: Whoa.... Pali layin' it on the line- You go, V!

IC: The bard comes back out at that moment, just in time to hear Veraka's answer to the clone's suggestion. He looks from one to the other, his jaw hanging open, and a large box in his hands, seemingly frozen. He looks back at Onix again, with a look of shock.

"You CAN'T be serious?!" He says, and turns to the aasimar. "Did he just say what I think he did? Onix, that is NOT how things are done here. Gods or no gods, there IS such a thing as impartial justice."

"Indeed, he did," supplies Palax, who also looks a bit miffed. "Interesting company you keep. You have impeccable taste in friends," he adds sarcastically to the drow. He turns to Veraka, giving a slight bow. "I already know of the Paltinum Wyrm's dogmas, and have never been impressed. However, if you wish to converse on the subject of faith, I would be happy to accompany you. My sister seems content to remain here for the time being, so I see no reason to drag her along."

Then he turns back to Onix, with a stern look of disapproval. "Sirrah, if I might add, as much as I despise her kind, I am inclined to agree with my fellow knight. My own sister was once the victim of such attentions, and I was there to witness it. That is NO fate for any woman, no matter how wicked. It is far better to give her to proper authorities, and let her fate be decided fairly. I've little doubt what it will be, but it will at least be HUMANE."

Lothir stares at Palax for a long moment, then suddenly snaps at him. "Well, LOOK who finally grew a heart! THIS from the man who was willing to let me HANG to protect his own pride!!" He snarls angrily, and suddenly stalks off toward the cart, tossing the box into it roughly. "Anyone who's going, the caravan leaves NOW!!" He shouts, and hops up onto the small cart behind the pony, grabbing the reins.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[[ :o wow. ]]

LiNeee stood a little frozen, seemed she did much less than a stature of ice these past few minutes. She turned back to Onix who had just given his little speel about agreeing with her; what she couldn't pack down into the dirt was whether he actually believed it, or he was just saying it to have her back.

After moments of hearing all four men shout, or even just snap at each other; LiNeee suddenly felt colder than she had in the earlier times of night, they were facing off Onix, backing him into a corner. Her jaw dropped and she was suddenly at his side, her hood rolling down her back to reveal her hair flaying about behind her in the light wind. [i:3mhgchmg]"Lothir, no one is leaving."[/i:3mhgchmg] She said carefully, the statement not a command, more a stall. She glanced up at the bard and gently nodded, a small smile playing on her lips; [i:3mhgchmg]"things need to be sorted, my dear. We cannot expect to travel off in secrecy if none of us are on the same path! Please! For the sake of the mission, for the sake of those we wish to save! Let us put our heads together and think."[/i:3mhgchmg]

Bella and Phoebey both rolled their eyes, [i:3mhgchmg][color=darkred:3mhgchmg]here she goes with the leader crap.[/i:3mhgchmg][/color:3mhgchmg] Phoebey was thinking, Bella's mutual agreement obvious.

In the middle of the crowd LiNeee rolled her shoulders back and lifted her chin; [i:3mhgchmg]"right now, right this second. We discuss our mission. I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure as hell havn't heard one word of a damn plan yet! What?"[/i:3mhgchmg] She turns to Lothir with ruby eyes, her top lip half curling up; though some how she still looked like she was in control - [i:3mhgchmg]"will we just waltze on in? Tell different stories."[/i:3mhgchmg] She stepped closer to the assassin and looked down her nose at her; [i:3mhgchmg]"this female, she betrayed us. Tried to slay us! If we cannot decide the fate at which she will be brought to, why not let someone else fix it for us? Now, I'm not saying throwing her on a hook and sinker to the guards is the best way!"[/i:3mhgchmg] She added at the end with a stern look to Lothir; [i:3mhgchmg]"but it is a possibility, at which we should discuss. Like grownups! Instead of pointing out how bad it is. Or what [b:3mhgchmg]you[/b:3mhgchmg] think of it."[/i:3mhgchmg]

[i:3mhgchmg]"From now on, we are a team-"[/i:3mhgchmg] She faced all of them, [i:3mhgchmg]"we have to think together, not seprately. We have to work together! Because if we want this to work, [b:3mhgchmg]to[/b:3mhgchmg] succeed, we must [b:3mhgchmg]be[/b:3mhgchmg] together!"[/i:3mhgchmg] LiNeee turned on the spot to face Onix, unintended though she thought of the many ways he could think of that. Her wanting to be with him, for one. She blushed and turned away, facing Lothir and Leuxana once again. [i:3mhgchmg]"Maybe tossing her to the guards is an impediment way to fulfill our destiny, impartial to justice, as you put it Lothir. Right now, the most important thing is to keep strong, and stay close with our friendship and trust. [b:3mhgchmg]Yes![/b:3mhgchmg] We will all have different idea's and perceptions. But clan, that's normal. She didn't even take a second thought before she chose to try and end one of us."[/i:3mhgchmg] LiNeee whispered, [i:3mhgchmg]"we have the luck of the bag. Because what [b:3mhgchmg]we[/b:3mhgchmg] think, is all that matters right now. Because in the end; that's what it will come down too..."[/i:3mhgchmg]

She took a step back, her eyes partially wet, her cheeks moist. Her last words had been laced with a husk, her throat thickening. As she glanced down to the assassin now; all she felt was pity. This drow, trying to be ontop of her game, when all she did was fail. Shaking her head subtly, LiNeee turned away from the scene, her long tendrils of hair falling freely down the front of her chest and cascading around her face. Her speech was done, and [url=http://fantasycreaturesdb.com/images/ra ... g:3mhgchmg]Phoebey[/url:3mhgchmg][url=http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/jmpag ... g:3mhgchmg](real life phoebey image)[/url:3mhgchmg] and [url=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... g:3mhgchmg]Bella[/url:3mhgchmg] [url=http://www.mynewhair.info/wp-content/up ... g:3mhgchmg](real life Bella image)[/url:3mhgchmg], now in human form, looked on from the side lines.

[[ Ok, some pictures - Bella and Phoebeys fighting forms. =] Found them finally. - [url=http://www.templates.com/blog/wp-conten ... g:3mhgchmg]Phoebey[/url:3mhgchmg] - [url=http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/n ... g:3mhgchmg]Bella[/url:3mhgchmg] ---------------------- Chaotic forms - [url=viewtopic.php?p=36265#36265:3mhgchmg]Bella And Phoebey[/url:3mhgchmg] ]]
Li Neena~

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

((Great >.< Then you'd not mind if we allow the wolf to take your character out?[/size:2n3jj8m0]

Luexena straightened and frowned, looking between them. The suggestion struck her and she looked between her companions, stunned. [i:2n3jj8m0]Do you realize what happens to female drow slaves in the Night Below? At that rate, perhaps use me as a bribe? Or LiNeee? I am sure we've done some things in our life worthy of being cast aside like this. LiNeee. You were given a chance to show remorse after killing a child. Yet you're not even thinking of giving this chance to our guest. Of course she is full of anger and hatred... Because she does not KNOW any better. But -you-, you, walking in the Lady's light... you should know better.[/i:2n3jj8m0]

Again she leant over the assassin, looking to her face. [i:2n3jj8m0]I am going to send you to the Promenade, you will be save there and treated well, and even allowed to leave, should you choose so. Alright? Have no fear.[/i:2n3jj8m0] The priestess touched Alaun's cheek lightly, then looked to the wolf in the eye. [color=darkblue:2n3jj8m0][i:2n3jj8m0]Take her there... Carry her on your back. The dwarf will come with you and aid you.[/i:2n3jj8m0][/color:2n3jj8m0] She said via the telepathic link, before continuing in her normal voice. [i:2n3jj8m0]Dear friend[/i:2n3jj8m0], she said, addressing the dwarf. [i:2n3jj8m0]I'd need you to accompany this shifter and the captive to the Temple. After the girl is safe, please, ask the father to help you to catch up with us.[/i:2n3jj8m0]

Then she made her way to the cart. [i:2n3jj8m0]Lothir.[/i:2n3jj8m0] Luexena uttered quietly. [i:2n3jj8m0]Please... calm down. Let us finish dealing with the guest, then we'll discuss the common legend before we go. You know how important it is, brother. [/i:2n3jj8m0]
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((to explain why she hadnt helped with the fight with the assassin. ))

the rogue had reapeared in her room again (shadow jumped), several vials set down on her bed anlong with some other things she'd gotten. the alchemest wasnt as much help as she had hoped, but she'd gotten supplies she needed, or she prayed she did. her memory was normally excellent, but it was still all from memory. she paced the room thinking, her mind running a hundred differnt paths. the voices were still outside, more background with her window closed. so they hadnt left yet, she hoped.
Shade, above the door and in smaller size crawled down and made her way to the bed.
"you will be a major help in our deception in the city. who could argue againt a spider? when we get ready to head out, it might would be better you head home. I doubt they will be understanding. Prietess rarely are." (her general observation/experience)
then the rogue set the vials in her pack carefully after wrapping them in some cloths. the few disguises she folded up neatly and set them atop. if she were to play a merchant or lower class, she needed clothes that looked less, noble. walking to the desser with a basin and mirror, dampened her waist length mop of hair. the idea of dying it was something she was not looking forward to. it had taken her long enough to just accept the fact it was different; dying it would just prove that she didnt like it. but the red streaks (natural) were so unique that it would be hard to stay inconspicious. pulling the larger vial out of her belt pouch, she stared at it for a moment she before sighing.
"dont say it! i know i said i'd never give in and dye it...but the importance of this mission..." she replied to Shade.
opening it she began the work of temperarily coloring her hair to a more 'nornal' look. the red being replaced with a whitish color. 'white streaks on silvery hair. not much better,' she mumbled to herself.
a couple more clicks come from the spider.
"no, i will not cut it. not unless I have no choice. tho if some one has a spell for changing eye color, that might be useful also."
she hated her eyes, or more how they changed colors. it was a weakness, and would be a liability.

nearly finished a soft knock was heard on her door. (whover want to get her[/size:1gs02qpq])

((when yall see her, she will look a little bit different, especially her hair.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Delrum nodded to Luexena and took out some additional rope to work on tying up the would be assassin a bit more, to make sure they were completely secure before he nodded to the wolf. [i:16d7zv4w]Right. I be ready t' 'ead out now. Be on yer guard though silver whip. There be a thief about as well. They raided me ale stock that they did.[/i:16d7zv4w] He grumbled a bit and glances to his coin purse. [i:16d7zv4w]Lucky for me they didn't go for my coin. I'll be meetin' up with you lot soon. [/i:16d7zv4w]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix, so taken aback by both Veraka's and Lothir's comment, didn't know how to handle the influx of comments and criticism; so he did the only thing he knew how to do, he shoved all his anger, all his sorrow, all his hurt, and all his own thoughts on the matter downward, and sealed them up as tight as he could.

He listened to LiNeee go on about everyone keeping their heads together in this little journey. He even found himself able to smile, barely, at her comment about sticking together. Onix did have feelings for LiNeee, but at that moment in time, they were shoved down so deep in his core, it would take a force of nature to get them out. Especially given the situation now, for everyone, but it was going to be very difficult, especially for him. The clone, had almost zero idea as to how deeply he had caused a rift to open up between himself and the rest of the group. So, he remained impassive, content with keeping to himself at least until the group had decided what to do with the assassin, which, right then, Luexena seemed to be asking if the odd wolf, which he didn't know was Ariali in her Lythari form, would be willing to take the assassin to the Promenade.
The clone merely stared on into the sky, wondering if fate had cursed him to be doomed to fate of nonexistence.

Onix then put on his iron-hard, stone-cold soldier's facade and merely walked over to a corner, crossed his arms, and
Veraka was about to push his way through to the Inn's door when he heard Lothir explode behind him, as well as LiNeee go into what seemed to be a well-timed speech basically calling all of them to cool their jets and lay down some common sense before going all tirade to Menzo.
[i:3ryhibn6]Suffice to say that this group needs a head leader, not that anyone would be willing to take up the position, but [b:3ryhibn6]someone[/b:3ryhibn6] needs to be the one calling the shots here, otherwise this will ensue all the time.[/i:3ryhibn6] Veraka though to himself as he turned around and made his way back to a fuming Lothir.

Putting his hand on the bard's shoulder, the mighty aasimar gripped Lothir's shoulder in such a way that he wouldn't have been able to leave even if he wanted to.
Leaning towards the bard, Veraka said in a low tone, "Lothir, I know that our clone friend is trust worthy, but do try to remember, he doesn't even know a fifth of Toril's culture as your or I do. You said it yourself, he comes from a completely different world entirely. Let me speak with him for a moment, I believe that I can unnerve him for the time being and perhaps give him some guidelines to follow. For the moment, my bardic friend, hold your temper, there'll be a time and need for it later."

Releasing Lothir from his shoulder grip, Veraka turned to Sir Palax and replied, "Excellent, Sir Palax. If you will, excuse me for a moment, however, I believe that there is a certain soldier who needs some choice words said to him as well as someone to let him vent."

Leaving the half-dragon paladin to his thoughts, the aasimar made his way over to Onix and planted himself right where the clone would see him.

"What do you want, paladin?" the clone growled.

"To give you, a piece of advice and a bit more for your trip to the Underdark." Veraka said, as straightforward as he could.

"Ohh; and what would you reccomend that I do, hmm?"

"Simple, really. Follow someone else's lead," Veraka retorted, his reply not missing a beat.

"Follow who? You've already seen that I lack the experience necessary to assist those on this journey with anything to do; how can I possible be of help to them, when I'm already suggesting a death sentence be given unfairly to that girl?" Onix replied, his voice in a low tone.

Veraka saw that the clone was scarred, both for himself and those around him; fear leaked off of him like an overflown vat of liquid. The aasimar knew the exact remedy for that. Calling forth his own military experience, Veraka barked an order in a commander's voice that only one whom had had previous military experience could even hope to emulate.

"Get up off your ass, and QUIT feeling sorry for yourself, soldier!!!" Veraka's voice boomed throughout the night, startling the wild-life around the area, and potentially some of the group gathered round.

Onix felt himself go rigid as two decades of ingrained training took swift hold of him. Coming to full and swift attention, the clone stood there until the aasimar gave him a nod to go at-ease.

"I think I see your problem, my friend," the aasimar commented to the clone, "do yourself and the others a favor, go fetch Zarae from the Inn, whilst I chat with someone." Then, Veraka turned around leaving Onix there with a baffled expression, however, if one noticed closely, they'd see that he felt a tad bit more relaxed. Onix decided why not, and strode up to the Inn, made his way through the doors.
Going up the stairs, the clone found Zarae's room and knocked on the door, saying "Miss Zarae, you might want to come outside; we're almost ready to leave."

Veraka made his way back over to Luexena, bowed respectfully and said "Lady Luexena, pardon me, but could I have a word with you about a few things?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee looked at Leuxana with an amused look; [i:sm0uffeb]"again you put words in my mouth priestess, I merely stated that what the group thinks I'll go along with."[/i:sm0uffeb] She squared her shoulders as Bella and Phoebey joined her on either side, all with the same little smirk. [i:sm0uffeb]"I must be kidding myself to go on such a journey with people such as yourselves; but somehow I still feel; protective, or even loyal to you."[/i:sm0uffeb] Her eyes stuck to Leuxana even as she shouted out orders; after, LiNeee continued as Veraka began talking with Onix; [i:sm0uffeb]"I showed my remorse, but I'm not about to be spoken down to Leuxana, we are either one; like the sisters of night, or I'm afraid you will lose us three warriors on the treck."[/i:sm0uffeb] In all serious matters, LiNeee wasn't just joking around. She would follow orders; yes. She would put herself in danger to save another; yes. When it came to being spoken down to however; she just wouldn't take it after sixteen years of it.

[i:sm0uffeb]"Mood swings at a halt Leux, you have to understand that I'll do my best to assisst the squad going to Menzo. Only if these little misunderstandings are put to death, because I for one will not wait around for a decision to be made when an argument outbreaks."[/i:sm0uffeb] LiNeee was finished, [i:sm0uffeb]"Phoebey, Bella and myself- are leaving. We will see you at the entrance. If not, we will see you at Menzo itself."[/i:sm0uffeb] The hurt, the embarassment, and the sheer ignorance playing on LiNeee's face, was irrevocable. She liked Leuxana, but LiNeee was the type of girl who was at level, or nothing. She'd always been hundreds of feet below the earth, her father speaking down a ladder to her almost. She shook her head as she strode out of the clearing; leaving them all behind - Bella and Phoebey trailing her.
Li Neena~

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

((Excuse me? who was shouting orders? who spoke down to who again? I am just surprised where you're reading it from...

Luexena looked to smirking LiNeee and her two alter-egos with mirrored expression on two so different faces. [i:3vm4z6n7]You offered to give the girl to the guards. I heard that with my own ears. So do not even start accusing me in putting my words in your mouth, miss LiNeee.[/i:3vm4z6n7] The young woman said somewhat sharkily, then regained her composure, continuing in her usual calm voice. [i:3vm4z6n7]I was not trying to insult you, merely was trying to bring you to the understanding. You came from the Night Below? Then you know better what means dwelling in fear and hatred. We're here to try and show them the better way, to each one of our kinsmen, if possible. This girl...[/i:3vm4z6n7] She motioned to Alaun. [i:3vm4z6n7]she deserves the same chance as was given to you. If you can't listen to the words of a priestess, then who would you listen to at all? It is my role to try and guide... to correct what's wrong, to comfort and heal. If you think it is a fun and always thankful job, then you're mistaken. If you really think I sought to insult you, then you're mistaken and letting your insecurities affect your judgement. I have not spoken down to neither of you yet, yet you, ladies, keep flipping on me.[/i:3vm4z6n7]

The young priestess turned away, gritting her teeth a little, again struggling to calm down. It was the second time this thankless bunch was turning their backs on her. Her dainty hand slid up and clutched the ring on the chain tightly as Luex' closed her eyes. Then, as she heard Veraka's voice, those lavender eyes opened and peered at the aasimar's face, intently. [i:3vm4z6n7]Of course[/i:3vm4z6n7]. The lithe woman straightened her back, taking a deep breath. [i:3vm4z6n7]I am all ears, sir.[/i:3vm4z6n7]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Thank you, mi'lady," Veraka said with a smile.

"I believe that Lothir has filled you in on all the pertinent details of our. . odd, clone friend, correct? Well, from what I gather, Onix is a person who's used to the militaristic style of commanding others as well as being commanded himself. As a former soldier myself, I can somewhat understand where he's coming from. If I may, mi'lady, might I suggest that we divide your team here, destined for Menzoberazzan, into two different squads." The aasimar hoped that the priestess would see where he was going with this idea.

"Onix is used to leading four to six person squads, but from a militaristic standpoint. If we were to divide the main group and form a splinter group with Onix as the squad lead, then perhaps it would be easier to manage the entire expedition. Plus, Lady Luexena, I've noticed that Onix is having trouble adapting to the cultural differences of Toril. Perhaps by putting him with an advance group towards Menzoberanzzan would open his eyes, so to speak."

Veraka halted his words as he gave Luexena the time necessary for her to process his suggestion.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"its open," she called to clone who'd knocked. the sounds outside kept changing tones. 'what is going on?' she wondered.
when the door opened, she turned to Shade who began to fade into a purplish mist and then was gone, something the clone would have saw when if he was watching.
washing off her hands, she tossed the rest of the belonging into her bag and turned twords the door. if onix was observent enough, he would notice she looked different, quite a bit different.
"all ready."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~