Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Millek
Maid
Maid

Re: Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Post by Millek »

Rahj keeps his friendly and flirty smile, even in spite of its meaning being lost on the lovely elf. None but other Khajiit would he expect to recognize his attempts at courting or even seducing them. He gives a an attentive nod to the matter of Nilrae, and offers as he sits back down, "Rahj is skilled hunter of both man and beast, perhaps you will wish to employ his services some time, to find this brother, yes? If Rahj cannot hunt him down once a trail is found, then there is no one to be found."

With this offer made, he goes silent for a moment, listening intently between Zarae, and Lothir, always smiling it seems. It may make one to wonder if these Khajiit ever stop smiling, except in battle of course. When questioned about his origins, he purrs, "An astute question. Khajiit is being from a world called Tamriel. Most Khajiiti are born to the desert lands of Elsweyr, however Rahj was born to the harsh wintery tundra and mountain wilderness of Skyrim. A land steeped in traditions of strong and honorable warriors, and any argument can be resolved with an unarmed duel. Not an easy place for Khajiit to fit in, but Rahj managed alright."
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He listens raptly to the khajiit's description of his home, and nods. "Sounds like some places I've seen both here on Toril, and back home. There is a land in my homeworld known as Eversnow Island. I visited it once while delivering a recovered stolen cargo back to its owner there, and never have I felt such cold! Although, they say Icewind Dale here in Faerun is like that, as well. And then there's the Great Glacier, north of Damara- which is a land not unlike what you've described."

Carefully noting the khajiit's perma-grin, the bard starts to get an impression that Rahj is seriously flirting. He finds it both an amusing and interesting development. Yet Zarae appears clueless, which seems a bit out of character for her- at least from what he remembers. Then again, perhaps she has changed a bit in the last few years. But no, that glint when she mentions the dawrven gems reveals that she hasn't changed THAT much.

"Well, perhaps we can combine the two," he suggests, turning the idea over. "Where was the last palce you saw your brother? Perhaps we could start there and learn his whereabouts. I know you've probably tried it before, but then, you didn't have an expert tracker and a very PERSUASIVE information-gatherer to aid you. Surely between the two of us, and your knowledge of him, we can find your sibling." He leaves the suggestion hanging, as an open invitation to both to perhaps attempt the impossible. Or the improbable, at least, he mentally amends.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((not gunna have a good response, been really bad couple days))

She listened to his discription, agreeing with the bard, tho herself having never been that far north. "[color=#BF0040:1rfgptmq]So you too are a forigner like Lothir? Toril seams to attract them quite often[/color:1rfgptmq]," a small chuckle with the last bite of her cheesecake. "[color=#800040:1rfgptmq]and it seams every world has those groups of peoples. So how did you end up here, portal, exile, wild magic?[/color:1rfgptmq]"

She thinks it over, not sure she wants to involve any others for their sake and safety mostly. And honestly, she doubted there was anything to find. Her shred of hope long gone and to have it crushed again wasnt something she was sure she could take. Even if she did find him, then what? how much would things have changed?
"[color=#BF0040:1rfgptmq]I appreciate it, but to be honest, I havent seen him since we were...19? a month before we were to go to the Academy. He turned back, as I kept running down the tunnel. the house literally shaking beneath our feet as it collapsed around us...[/color:1rfgptmq]" she closed her eyes a second to hide the pain, then opened them again as if nothing bothered her. "I[color=#BF0040:1rfgptmq]ts been [i:1rfgptmq]too [/i:1rfgptmq]many years. But a trip with friendly folks does sound great. when yall planning to head out?[/color:1rfgptmq]"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

The perma-grin fades, ear flatten out to the sides, and the cat bows his head, "This one apologizes for your loss. Rahj too has lost a sibling as well. The chances are.... poor, that she yet lives. But Rahj always keeps hope." He motions aside to Lothir, "This one tells Rahj, Drow are clever, and sneaky. If half as clever and sneaky as Khajiit, Rahj tells you, you must not give up. Until you've seen proof of your brother's death, believe that he lives, and hunt for him, as the sabre cat hunts the elk. Rahj hunts for his younger sister, Ra'zhin Dar. Never will he abandon faith, until he has seen her dead. Of course, if you do not wish any assistance, Rahj shall not press the issue. Only the solitary wolf can decide if it wishes to join with others, no other can make the choice for it."

He gives a friendly, gentle pat to her nearest shoulder, and looks up to Lothir, "You're the guide, friend, we travel, when you say. Though, Rahj could use a good longbow, if we're traveling through the wilderness."
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Hmm, two drow and a member of an unknown race wandering through human and elven territory? Yes, you'll DEFINITELY need a bow. Not that it would do you much good, if you can't SEE what you're shooting at. The elves of this region are VERY good at hiding when they do not wish to be seen."

At Zarae's inquiry, he shrugs. "There isn't a definite time-table, but I see no reason why we can't start now. Of course, we may need to make a detour first- I'm not quite ready to let these two imps come along yet!" He says, tussling the hair of Zak and May.

"Aww, pappa!" They groan in unison. "You NEVER let us have any fun!" Both twins speak almost as one, a slightly eerie if endearing protest. He chuckles, and shakes his head.

"No, your mother would roast my behind if I let you come along and something happeend to you. And then your Uncle Palax would smite whatever was left. I'm not about to get it from TWO half-dragons! That's worse than most WHOLE dragons!" Clearly there is something more to his words, but few would notice the unspoken implications. "We're taking you two to visit Neriah and Veraka first, and then we'll be off for- wherever we need to start looking. Sound good to you?" The last part is directed at the two adults, as he turns to regard the khajiit and the drowess.

Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

The cat's big grin returns with a light chuckle, "Worry not for Khajiit in dark. Worry instead for the prey that tries to hide from Khajiit eyes, in the dark." To the children's protests, he adds his own comment as well, "Wise is the hunter, who is patient, and takes their prey with cunning. The hunter that rushes ahead, either loses their prey, or is trampled by it. Be patient, your day for adventure will come, for now, you must study your prey, before pursuing it. Do not let its temptations to rush after it get the better of you, it is a trick to make you let your guard down."

He would not deny them the prospect of adventure in their futures, but still, the bit of hunting cat wisdom hopefully supports Lothir's intents. Just then he has a fine idea, and plucks from a satchel upon his belt, two large, slightly yellowish, feline claws, and gives one to either of the children, "Here, a gift from Rahj, claws of a Sabre Cat he brought down alone, while exploring mountains in his homeland. Such are the trophies for the patient hunter."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

The rogue nodded in agreement, unless their was proof, and even some proof doesnt prove death, "[color=#BF0040:3gr9x3vn]And the dead do not stay dead[/color:3gr9x3vn]," a slight jest with little humor behind it; she knew from experience. She took the pat on her shoulder and gave a smile of thanks.

"[color=#BF0040:3gr9x3vn]A few hours rest?[/color:3gr9x3vn]" she asked to their plans to leave. the girl did want a hot bath and a bed for the night/day, but didnt want to stop their travel plans either. She laughed at the bards kids, the adventurous spirit in them. What troubles could they get themselves into? She remembered all the hell she raised at that age with her brother terrorizing their siblings, the house soldiers, or the slaves.
Then two more names she remembered, "[color=#BF0040:3gr9x3vn]Vereka? walking tin can Vereka[/color:3gr9x3vn]?" she asked with a small chuckle, "[color=#BF0040:3gr9x3vn]wow, hadnt seen him or Neriah since...I left them all in Darkwood. Of course I never expect to see anyone I know again, but here we are. I suppose their twins are well too?[/color:3gr9x3vn]"
Watching as Rahj took out a gift for the half-drowlings, she wondered how much it would 'curb' their will and patience.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"It's not so much the dark you have to worry about- unless we end up in the Underdark again- it's some of the nasties IN the dark. Things like umber hulks, hook horrors, carrion crawlers, illithids, vampires, shadow creatures, certain types of dragons...." He shrugs and chuckles. "Though I suppose you must have some dangerous creatures where you come from as well."

He smiles when Rahj gives the twins the claws, enjoying the delighted looks on their faces. "Well, what do you say, kids?" He prompts, and they both quickly turn to the khajiit with beaming faces.

"Thank you!" They say, again as one. They seem to have a habit of mirroring each other, though it is hardly surprising.

Lothir turns back to the others. "Well, I don't know how much hunting they'll be doing, at least until they're older, but that is still wise advice. Thank you, Rahj. It's a marvelous gift. I'm sure they'll treasure them." At Zarae's comment, he nods emphatically, with a slight grimace. "Unfortunately true. My sister for one has a bad habit of not staying dead. Then again, so do I!" He says, suddenly laughing at the reminder of his own brushes with death. When the drowess asks for a few hours of rest, he turns to her with an over-dramatic wave of a hand, suddenly the genial host once more.

"Of course, if the Lady wishes," replies the bard smoothly, with a little mock-bow from his seat. "We've only been here a while ourselves, and it WOULD be nice to get some of this road dust cleaned off. Perhaps a good night's rest, then start first thing in the morning?" He looks at the pair to see if the suggestion meets approval. Then he turns to eye Zarae intently. "In the meantime, there IS something I've been meaning to ask you, wenress. I seem to recall that when we were aboard the Nighthammer, I asked you to dance, but you declined. I never did figure out if it was due to shyness, or lack of knowledge of said pursuit, or simply lack of interest. I don't suppose you'd be more inclined to join me THIS time, would you?"

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue laughs to the fake formal address, and she tried to play it up with a few exaggerated gestures, all in fun.
[color=#BF0040:3bzuncb4]"morning works well for me[/color:3bzuncb4]," turned to face Rahj if he's ok with that. had she not been traveling so much a evening departure would have been better. "[color=#BF0040:3bzuncb4]It'll be great to show you these lands! and the danger will be even better![/color:3bzuncb4]"
Her cheeks pinken slightly to the question as she thought about it. It was mostly shyness, the drowess rather unskilled in the arts of seduction or flirting and the related. but some of it was due to fear of getting close to anyone. She had a major crush on the bard during that adventure, but didnt act on it due to fear.
"[color=#BF0040:3bzuncb4]If I recall..[/color:3bzuncb4]." then stopped in explanation due to the kids, "[color=#BF0040:3bzuncb4]well, how about a dance then[/color:3bzuncb4]?"
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Hah! spoken like a true adventurer," he agrees, upon hearing her exclamation about the danger. "I used to wander all over the Underdark wilds alone and in secret as a boy. Got into some really tight spots, too. I'd have probably died long ago if not for a certain aranea lady with a penchant for trying to seduce young drow." He turns to Rahj as if suddenly remembering that he is from another world, and amends, "Araneas are giant shape-shifting spiders. They can take a humanoid form, and a sort of hybrid form that resembles a humanoid with fangs, faceted eyes, and spider-like limbs. Do you have any shape-shifters on your homeworld? Things like were-creatures, perhaps?"

The bard laughs at Zarae's reaction, and pats the well-polished lute still leaning against the table. "Well, then it's fortunate that I came prepared, yes?" He says, and picks it up. "Do you remember that dance contest I had with Pyro? I don't believe we ever really decided who won. A pity, really." He hands the lute to the little girl, and gives her a grin. "May, why don't you try out that spell I taught you? The one that makes the lute play?" With a look of eager delight, the girl nods, and holds it out in her hands, screwing her eyes shut tight. She sings a short verse in an archaic tongue, and it begins to glow slightly, and floats up a few inches, playing itself as if some invisible musician were plucking the strings.

"Shall we?" Lothir asks Zarae, holding out a hand as he rises from his seat, moving toward a large empty space in the middle of the room. "Rahj, I hope you don't mind if I borrow her- it's just that she's owed me this dance for a while now!" He chuckles, giving the khajiit a meaningful wink.

Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

From Rahj comes an indifferent shrug, but still shows his grin that only fades when it must, "This one could perhaps use a bath, wash off the bandit blood, from his last contract. However, Rahj's days with a famous band of warriors in Skyrim has left him unable to benefit from sleep. You two rest if you must, Rahj will find something to pass the time." Reminded of his gift and curse, Hircine's Gift, the Beast Blood, a twinge of desire hits him now, eager to let go, and hunt in the wilds as a savage beast. His mind briefly wanders to fanciful dreams of the scent of fear, the taste of blood, and the night air filled with howling roars. It is only those beaming faces and words of gratitude from the twins that draw him back from that place in his mind, "Both are welcome. Just do not go chasing after a Sabre Cat too soon. They're fierce as an angry troll, and run twice as fast."

Perhaps later, while others are sleeping, he'll go out and let his other aspect out for awhile. Hopefully it doesn't rain, as it may be hard to explain why he smells like wet dog later. For now he nods to Lothir and names off the dangers he knows, "Oh, in Skyrim, we have undead in five varieties, Draugr, Vampires, Zombies, Skeletons, and Ghosts. There are plenty of wolves, sabre cats, bears, and Skeevers. The Mammoths can be a danger if one gets too close for their comfort. As for bigger opponents, there's trolls and giants. There's more, but none that this one has encountered yet."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"[color=#BF0040:39bxx6ow]gambling is often a pass time for the restless, as well finding company to spend the night with or dancing[/color:39bxx6ow]," she replied to Rahj as she took Lothir's hand, "[color=#BF0040:39bxx6ow]then there is small mayhem for 'those of the night[/color:39bxx6ow]'," a wink of her purplish tinted eyes then stood up from her seat. she wished she hadnt been so raod weary, else she might been heading some of that meyhem. Her fingers were always itching for new and shiney stuff.
stepping to the dance area and moving into postion, "[color=#BF0040:39bxx6ow]are you sure you can handle me[/color:39bxx6ow]?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Does that mean you haven't encountered any wraiths, slaughterfish, frostbite spiders, ice wraiths, or liches? What about dragons, werewolves, falmer, hag ravens, dwemer constructs, or mud crabs? Or the mountain lions, boars, various daedra, will-o-wisps, land dreugh, goblins, ogres, and spriggans of Cyradil? Hmm, do you think that Skyrim ever sees any of the alits, guars, kagaoutis, cliff racers, bonelords, bonewalkers, shalks, kwamas, nix-hounds, or netches from Morrowwinds? They are "neighbors" after all, and I'd think there would be an exchange of some of the wildlife on occasion. Especially cliff racers or netches, since they're not really limited by terrain.

IC: The bard nods to Rahj, though he suspects there is more to his words about not sleeping. "Yes, we have most of those as well," he says upon hearing the khajiit speak of the creatures of his homeland. "Undead seem to be a universal threat, as are trolls and giants, it would appear. I'm not certain what a draugr is, or a skeever, but we have all the rest, or at least I've heard of them. Some I've never seen, but mostly because I've never traveled in areas where they live."

He turns to Zarae, and smiles. "My dear, you seem to forget that dancing is my special province. A better question would be can YOU keep up with ME?!" He laughs and leads her out to the floor to prove his point with a fast reel.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((dont know how to write a dance scene/moves))

with a mischious smirk she leaned close and whispered, "I am a shadowdancer," then moved with the bard's just as she was suppose to. then moved along with amazing agility and grace, even picking up the pace. when able, she added flowy moves with incredible acrobatic skill, keeping up with the very skilled Lothir.

(some training in gymnastics)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He is mildly impressed that she is able to follow so well, and quite happy to allow her to show off; it's been a long time since he has found anyone who was his equal in skill and talent. "Well, this is a welcome surprise," He whispers back, grinning. "Perhaps we dhould compare styles some time, eh? In fact, how would you like to teach your skills to others? I've been running a battledancers' school in Lothen, and I think it could benefit from your expertise. Once we've found your brother, that is. Interested?"

Soon enough, the music ends, and he bows to her respectfully. "Thank you, milady. Now I see that it was NOT lack of ability that stayed your feet back then." He glances over to Rahj, and wonders why the khajiit seems distracted. "I think our friend may be feeling a bit neglected. How about we rejoin him?"