Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As the clone came in for the blow, he heard LiNeee's shout; Onix, feeling ice flood his veins, as reality gripped him, slashed prematurely, throwing all his weight behind the move. His blades missing LiNeee completely, Onix landed on the ground beside her, going into a roll to transfer his energy from his momentum.

Coming out of his roll, Onix got up, sheathed his katanas, and walked over to the assassin.
"If there's more of this where we're going, then my blades will be soaked in their blood," he growled towards the female, ejecting his wrist vibro-blade to emphasize his point.
Onix seriously contemplated giving the assassin a good gash to prove his point.
[i:1noyt91z]ONIX!! Get a hold of yourself. Be the clone that you are, don't stoop to this one's level to prove something. If she wishes death, it will come on own accord,[/i:1noyt91z] came Valor's sharp voice in his head.

Onix looked the assassin in the eyes, then turned about retracting his vibro-blade as he did so, and made his way over to LiNeee behind a transformed Bella; "are you alright" he asked LiNeee, indicating her large cut.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Bella, now that nothing terribly exciting was happening, shrunk back to her usual size, though her hands were still claws; scaled and menacing. She glanced at the assassin with crimson eyes before turning to wear Phoebey was; now a beautiful gray mare, a long mane and tail swinging out behind her.

LiNeee on the other hand was still on the ground, a frown on her face, though when Onix looked down to her and asked if she was ok, she forced a smile and lifted her dress to show him what she thought would be a small cut.....

The thing went from back to stomach, right across her hip bone; she gave a wince and pulled her dress back down: [i:3k2qh8aq]''Just fine.[/i:3k2qh8aq] She whispered.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Delrum slowed to a stop and glared at the woman on the ground, raising his shield, he'd attempt to smack her in the head with it. [i:2evc9tix]Oi. Tha' be enough out o' you, thief. Now where be me ale?[/i:2evc9tix] The dwarf asked while grimacing. As he did this, Kalannar would move back towards the stable, grinning like a mad man as the blame was thrown from him. Reaching it, he'd pop out from the shadows, leaning against one of the arch ways, just observing the group quietly, a bottle in his hand.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The drow priestess leveled her blade at the wounded assassin on the ground, eyeing her surprisingly coldly before turning to look to LiNeee. The breeze played with the white silk of Luexena's dress and her long shimmering tresses as she carefully wiped the sword with a piece of cloth before sheathing the weapon. Her eyes were still glowing bright blue as the [i:1wqfia1k]True seeing[/i:1wqfia1k] was lasting, the priestess reached up to the holy symbol and the ring she wore, whispering a prayer to the Goddess, then touched LiNeee's shoulder. A familiar sensation of tingling filled her, rushing through her body and along her arm, through her fingertips and into the other drowess, healing LiNeee's cut without a trace. [i:1wqfia1k]There[/i:1wqfia1k].

Luex winced as the dwarf slammed his shield into the bound assassin and glanced between them all. [i:1wqfia1k]What shall we do with her? I can heal her and we can leave her in the inn's basement, all bound up.[/i:1wqfia1k] With that she leant over the prone drow and placed her hand upon the drow's shoulder, still feeling the rush of the Lady's healing energy in her, so channeled them into the captive, Alaun's wounds would close then. - Luexena would have killed an attacker in a fight, but she'd not leave a bound one bleed to death.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"We should disarm her at the least," agrees the bard, and starts checking the female for weapons, at least where she is not covered by the ropes. He is careful not to go anywhere "unseemly" and looks to Luaxena for help. "Ah, I've done as thorough a serch as I can, milady," he says, coming up with several small weapons and setting
them aside. "Would you finish this?"

"I'm surprised. Usually you have no trouble at all getting your hands on a woman's unmentionables," the knight says with a slight sneer, putting away his sword now that the danger has passed. "Are you ill?"

"Oh, stuff it, flame-brain. You know damned well I have better standards than that. And I haven't done anything of the sort since the two of you got here- so don't act so high-and-mighty just because YOU don't know what to do with a female!" The bard snarls back, and moves over to where he notices Kalannar leaning nearby. "Got any more of that?" he asks, sounding slightly annoyed. "I need a drink."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix let Luexena heal LiNeee's own wound, to his amazement, the wound just closed up.
"I still have much to learn about this world," he said in a low tone. Shaking his head slowly as he extended a hand to LiNeee, the clone gave the drowess a smile; "ya know, you're tougher than you look."

[color=indigo:3c0viz7c][i:3c0viz7c]What shall we do with her? I can heal her and we can leave her in the inn's basement, all bound up.[/i:3c0viz7c][/color:3c0viz7c]

Onix looked to Luexena and replied "since my first option has already been exhausted, I'm up for leaving her tied up in a basement; maybe even leave her with him," the clone pointed out Sir Palax, who was now outside the Inn and ready for battle; "and with Veraka. After all, who better than two paladins, one of them with a very [b:3c0viz7c]pointed[/b:3c0viz7c] veiw towards drow; the other a champion of the Platinum Dragon."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena nodded softly after finishing healing the bound assassin, then proceeded checking her attire and possessions rather studiously, checking for anything hidden, needles, tiny blades, lockpicks, anything that Alaun could use for escaping/harming the rest. [i:2i4qesav]That is acceptable, Onix.[/i:2i4qesav] She said calmly, giving the drow on the grass a pat on the back of her head, then collected the weapons and the bow with arrows into a bag, holding it over to the clone.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

In it all, the raging Minotaur, seemed to have been forgotten... not wise. A dragon's roar insufficient to distract his one-tracked mind while raging, he soon issues his own roar, a the finale of his tree-lifting, ripping the tree and snapping it from its roots. Even so, he is becoming soon aware of that his prey has gotten behind him, and so, toting the tree still, begins his ponderous, heavy-hoofed march toward the downed assassin, heaving furious breaths, and murder in his eyes. Shy of being disuaded by a trusted voice of reason, he seems intent on replanting the tree on top of her.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena turned to watch the minotaur approaching them with the tree trunk in his clutches. The priestess straightened then, holding her hand out, hoping to halt him, standing in the way between the raging beast and the captive. Her gleaming with blue eyes were narrowed and her chin held high so she looked -taller-, almost regal, despite being rather short. [i:1fjcqool]-Stop now-[/i:1fjcqool]. She said firmly, realizing he would probably just ignore it and stomp her, yet she did not move from the spot. Her place was here there, in his way, in between Grahl and the captive kin.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee let Leuxana heal her; intent on giving the counter drowess a warm smile before Onix addressed her. She than lifted her hand and snuck it into Onix's allowing him to help her up. [i:2fvcfrj7]"Really, I'm fine. No stronger than anyone else here."[/i:2fvcfrj7] She countered, flashing him a wide smile before she leant up and gave him a swift peck on the lips.

[[sorry short post]]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Indeed, it very well seems the enraged Krom means to march right over Luexena, or at best brush her aside, emotionally confused of late, recently promised his protection to someone, though he is developing a habit of that this night, and that promise nearly destroyed by this assassin, neither his pride nor anger would let him stop.

Still, raging Barbarian Minotaur or not, transporting that tree into position does take some time, enough even, this gives time for Luexena, and everyone in fact to respond still. Clearly though, a firm voice of authority is going in one ear, and out the other, and such an approach is not likely to sway the angry bull.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka hearing the ruckus outside, as well as seeing Palax go blitzing through the front door, decides to check out the situation outside and see what in the Nine Hells is wrong.
"Come on, Aurora; mine as well figure out what's the problem out there."

With that, the aasimar and his great winter wolf companion, get up and head out the door, joining Palax outside.

Onix hoisted LiNeee up when she accepted his hand, only to find her giving him a quick perk on the lips. The clone accepted it with a smile afterwords, then turned to Luexena and grabbed the confiscated weapons that she had extended to him.

It was the raging minotaur warrior, that caused the clone to look around. Seeing the barbarian approaching with the trunk in his hand, as well as Luexena quickly take up a position to stop him, the clone pieces things together rather quickly and then joins Luexena, though his words are more from a warriors stand-point, if anything else.

"Mighty warrior, believe me when I say that I would be content to let you make a fertilizer out of that assassin with that tree," he points to the trunk that Krom is holding; "however, as a soldier, I cannot permit meaningless slaughter while we have our problem tied up and bound already," the clone waved a hand to the tied up assassin.

"If I may, might I suggest that you and I let the warriors of the law deal with her," Onix says this as he indicates a battle-ready-now- scornful, Palax and a recently arrived Veraka and Aurora. Onix hoped that the minotaur, a proud warrior like the clone himself, would see the meaning behind his words.

Veraka watched his clone friend give words to the raging minotaur barbarian, one warrior to another. Still, Krom didn't seem likely to halt for either Luexena, and maybe not even Onix, however, Veraka, being a barbarian from birth and retaining most of his heritage as a member of the Black Lion tribe himself, at least the warriors and berserkers of the tribe, knew a few choice words that might halt the minotaur should he not stop on his rampage toward the assassin, words of honor that Veraka held in high regard as most barbarians did as well.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena watched the minotaur approaching and suddenly felt herself so small and so weak as she saw that creature possessing a rather brutal strength. Her narrow shoulders sagged slightly and she simply clapped her hands together, pressed them to her chest - a rather helpless gesture, and sighed out. [i:2egghd7y]Please.. stop? You'll kill her and I'll have to revive her... and I already did such twice today... and I am already exhausted.[/i:2egghd7y] Her voice was suprisingly quiet now as she winced, expecting to be hurled aside by this hurricane of muscles, fur, hooves and horns.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Veraka would be guessing correctly, diplomacy at this moment only gained a brief reprieve from Krom's march, turning the uprooted tree sideways a bit to look ahead, as much to gauge where he was in relation to his goal, as how many strides between each person he must brush past. Catching sight of blood on LiNee's hip though, only serves to redouble his outrage, and so does he press on with renewed determination and such determination as many panting breaths comes in growls and defiant shouts against the stubborn weight of his load, some of those shouts even calling, [color=brown:llxnl1lo]"TEMPUS!"[/color:llxnl1lo]

Well at least now they all know his religious views. Now there is still just the matter of halting him. There may also be the matter of recognizing his concern over LiNee's injury. Or is it the person that matters in that recognition?

A thing unlikely to be known very well to those outside his upbringing, those without the Barbarian background, is that narrow-minded if sexist view of women as frail non-combatants that need protection. These are not even his race, and yet, sure as if race no longer mattered, the behavior would seem to match. Also well known in Barbarian culture, is the 'just' punishment for murder, or even attempted murder.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Turning at the minotaur's roar, the bard looks and sees him pull up the tree, with slack jaw. As he advances toward the drow assassin with murder in his eyes, he watches the others' attempts to stop the huge bull, and shakes his head. "Guys? I DON'T think he's listening! We need a way to immobilize or stop him- NOW!"

At that, he looks from the minotaur to the assassin, and does the first thing he can think of. In a flash, he dives on top of her, using his own body as a shield. "Can't BELIEVE I'm saving a spider-kisser. Don't think I'm doning this because I like you, lady- I just can't stand to see a helpless person get slaughtered." He growls to her, and looks up at the others. "Well?! Anyone got any bright ideas?!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188