Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Thalion finally managed to get a bottle of gin from the bar. He popped the top and swigged half the bottle in a single go. "Aye!" He exclaimed, "Me blades be with ya, an' I wouldn't be worryin' bout treachery from me if i were ta have a say. What fun would it be in fightin' a measely group o' ten or so, when I could have a fifth o' the whole spidery city to meself?!"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"'course," he added, "I would suppose that that 'twould be across purposes with this bit o' adventure. I s'pose i can be good an' quiet when the times a'commin."
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:14vw5w98]''You make everything seem so simple, Lothir.''[/i:14vw5w98] LiNeee said as Lothir finished his speech, her attire slowly relaxing. [i:14vw5w98]''I will say this, and I will say it from inside,''[/i:14vw5w98] placing a hand over her heart; [i:14vw5w98]''people define themselves with actions, words or more unique ways like I do. I made a mistake and I admit it freely, for that I'll be sorry Lothir, always... And you may say things, make me smile or even laugh, or maybe you and the maiden both would like to hang me from the highest mountain, but none of that will make me feel any better inside for what I did. Yes, my horse passed away, but I took the breath from a child who may just have been trying to do right.''[/i:14vw5w98] A single tear fell down her cheek but she wiped it off;

[i:14vw5w98]''I know that I don't have your trust, nor yours Leux, but I will try my best to recieve it; never will I let you down, and if you accept my presence in the endeavour to Menzo, you will not be sorry...''[/i:14vw5w98] With that, LiNeee fell into silence, thoughts of Onix who stood beside her, what did she feel for the clone? LiNeee awaited a reply from Lothir or Leux, or even Onix, on if she could join them to Menzo, she thought not, though her hopes were sky high.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

At this the clone turned to the bard; "there; she's admitted that what she did was wrong, and she has shown remorse for that. I don't know about you, Lothir, but I can see her sincerity. Yes she took off in a fit of confusion, but I blame that on myself. I came up and upfront a little fast I'll admit, and perhaps I am a bit upfront; but if we don't begin somewhere and at least give LiNeee the chance, then how can I even expect us to fair down in the Underdark. That's what the objective of this excursion is, correct? To give young drowlings the chance to choose for themselves what they want to do with their lives. Well how can we want to do that for the children of drow if we aren't even willing to give one, who's truly remorseful and seeking redemption for her actions, the chance to prove herself with us?"

Onix felt very odd saying this, but at the same time, he wanted to give LiNeee the chance to prove herself with us. More than that, he wanted her beside him; whether or not she felt the same thing, he didn't know; but he hoped to whatever supernatural forces were out there that she did. Looking over to her, Onix smiled at LiNeee, feeling that sense of excitement and nervousness blaze a trail through his system again.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena listened to the exchange silently, remaining in the shadow of the trees, just watching. The lavender gaze of her slanted eyes was intent, it travelled from one face to another as the three spoke up in turns. Many thoughts were in her heard right now, many doubts, regrets, hopes. She of course saw the chemistry between the two, and for a moment it made her wonder why a female of her race would pick a [i:2b4v2pt5]rivvil[/i:2b4v2pt5], and an alien on a top of that. But again, those two were alike. Lost and lonely, even as they were among friends and family. Perhaps they would be able to heal each other, only the Maiden knew that.

She finally saw what she'd been looking for all along, the regret in LiNeee's face, it gave the young priestess more hope, yet also brought some memories. Someone dear had looked at her like that what it felt a life ago, telling her of the wrongs committed. Those memories were sweet and yet painful, her heart skipped a bit, and she exhaled quietly, praying her face remained calm. Bracing herself, she stepped closer, her gaze travelled to the moonlit sky for a second, then she looked back to the three infront of her, sparing a fleeting glance over her shoulder at Kalannar.

Her hand slid up then to the hilt of the sword. A long swishing sound followed as Luexena drew Erel'lua'ae slowly, seeking to avoid alarming them. The magnificent silver sword was taken cared of greatly, it's sides polished so they were reflecting the moonlight like a mirror. Then in the silence of her answer they all would hear ... music. A heavenly voice singing wordlessly, eerily. Her blade was singing, and the song was hauntingly beautiful, serene, matching the priestess' feelings. [i:2b4v2pt5]I found.[/i:2b4v2pt5] Luexena said then. [i:2b4v2pt5]That when the emotions are running wild, it's better to step back and focus on something greater.[/i:2b4v2pt5] With a gentle flick of her wrist she twirled the blade, then lowered it's point to the ground, holding her left hand out to LiNeee. [i:2b4v2pt5]Would you like to dance with me, sister?[/i:2b4v2pt5]

The hand was held out, the acceptance offered in a very simple manner where no more words were needed. The young drow was smiling, feeling the caress of the moonlight upon her skin, the whisper of the breeze in her long silvery tresses.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He looks at her long and thoughtfully, and finally nods. "Yes, I believe you, and it's not simple- never has been. I don't want to hang you. The truth is, I'd like to give you a chance, but I have doubts. I've already decided on a few who will be going. But since this is HIS venture too, I'll leave it up to him to decide. Just know one thing- if he agrees, and you come along, if you endanger this mission in ANY way, I won't hesitate to leave you in the dust. I'm giving you a second chance, if Onix wishes it, but on a probationary basis. I just want you to understand that now. I'll be watching you, and if it comes to your feelings or the good of the group, well, I'd rather live with a few hurt feelings than let anyone get hurt. Not on MY watch. Deal?" He holds out his hand to her, looking at her expectantly, then glancing over at Onix to hear his decision.

"Onix, I'll trust your judgment in this matter. Just remember what it is we're getting into, and how dangerous it will be. We can't afford to make mistakes down there. I just want you to be sure of what you're doing. Believe it or not, I consider you a true and worthy friend- one I'm proud to have fought beside, and would be again."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee took a step forwards though not before her fingers brushed through Onix's beside her, that tender feeling that had run through her veins as he smiled at her; she would never forget. She looked up to Lothir and Leuxana than; her head tilting as she approached the bard first, head tilted in appreciation she sprung into his arms instead; arms embracing him tightly. [i:1fqcs3ar]"You won't regret it, Lothir. That is my promise to you..."[/i:1fqcs3ar] LiNeee whispered and let her arms drop; taking a step back as well. [i:1fqcs3ar]"As for the dancing, I don't really... Dance anymore,"[/i:1fqcs3ar] she admitted to Leux though she handed the girl her hand with a small gulp of a large breath.

[i:1fqcs3ar][color=darkblue:1fqcs3ar]"There,"[/color:1fqcs3ar][/i:1fqcs3ar] Bella whispered, [i:1fqcs3ar][color=darkblue:1fqcs3ar]"there they are..."[/i:1fqcs3ar][/color:1fqcs3ar] Phoebey nodded and stepped into the darkest shadows that mapped the area, they had only picked up on Lothir's words; ones of promise so they thought. They watched LiNeee place her hand into the girls; not before they saw the sword though. [i:1fqcs3ar][color=darkred:1fqcs3ar]"Wait, what she doing? That's a sword!"[/i:1fqcs3ar][/color:1fqcs3ar] She hissed through a tight breath, Bella closed her eyes and opened them a minute later, [i:1fqcs3ar][color=darkblue:1fqcs3ar]"Sword-dancer......"[/i:1fqcs3ar][/color:1fqcs3ar]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena watched her and then smiled again, giving LiNeee's hand a little squeeze. [i:346ekkvb]Perhaps it is a time to start again. Look...[/i:346ekkvb] She nodded at the glade by the lake, the water shimmering with the moon reflecting in it, the air was still and clear, the Selune tears shining brightly from the darkened sky. [i:346ekkvb]We're called to this... to joy and beauty... harmony. Come. It is time to forget your worries for now and bask in the Goddess' grace[/i:346ekkvb]. Her blade kept singing so breathtakingly beautifully, inviting them to dance. The priestess took a deeper breath, all her distant look, somewhat aloof attitude was fading, peeling off like a mask she'd outworn - and really, she did not need to hide her emotions right now, it was a time for her and her Goddess, her domain, so she looked younger, more relaxed, as if not burdened anymore right now.

[i:346ekkvb]Come, sister...[/i:346ekkvb] She urged LiNeee gently, releasing her hand, letting the woman decide for herself if she was ready to follow, then stepped upon the moonlit glade, pausing upon it's edge to kick her sandals off. Feeling the shards of grass beneath her bare soils, Luexena smiled, curling her tiny toes for a second, simply savoring the sensation. Erel'lua'ae's song became even louder, echoed from the still waters of the lake.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

((OOC: Ever do I seem to be playing catch-up of late, oh well. BTW A couple things I'd like to add that I couldn't in IC context: Grog is Rum, it's just a different word for it, used by American Colonists, to which is attributed the beverage Egg and Grog, which in modern times has evolved into eggnog. And Luex, need I remind you of Zaknafien, who was also sacrificed to Lolth and still managed to escape her?))

IC:
"Tell something of my race? What would you have said about them? And do you speak of those who have dwelt in your lands so long, and become known as Kenku, or those from my homeland?" [i:s2bgiaa7]Really, he wonders, what might he have to offer this strange human who seems worldly enough to know his race by their proper name? He can't begin to guess what may be worth mention. Abilities, powers, perhaps the fear, respect, and reverence they elicit from humans in his homelands? Then overhearing Luexena's concern, he maneuvers toward her and dips his head in a shallow bow,[/i:s2bgiaa7] "Your concern for my safety is noted, however by the orders of my Lord, and the honor of my ancestors, I have no choice but to lend my aid in this matter. Fear not, for I surely have been to worse places. I too hold no fear of death, for as my ancestors before me, I shall join them within my Daisho."
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

//no, you do not need to remind me, but that's the only known case afaik of such. And how many souls of the sacrificed ones remained in Lloth's clutches? Besides, is Zaknafein's case known widely enough for her to stop worrying?

-------
from webster online dictionary:
[b:a6iqzug4]rum[/b:a6iqzug4] noun \ˈrəm\
Definition of RUM
1: an alcoholic beverage distilled from a fermented cane product (as molasses)
2: alcoholic liquor <the demon rum>
[b:a6iqzug4]grog[/b:a6iqzug4] noun \ˈgräg\
Definition of GROG
1: alcoholic liquor; especially : liquor (as rum) cut with water and now often served hot with lemon juice and sugar sometimes added

Basicly grog is rum cut with water. According to the following source [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grog:a6iqzug4]grog[/url:a6iqzug4] was invented in the navy. So Kalannar here is right, calling grog a women's drink because it is not as strong as rum.
/end ooc :)[/size:a6iqzug4]
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

(Methinks me RP companion has become preoccupied elsewhere.)

Krom, having fallen asleep after, seemingly a long silence, he could not tell how long, stirred only from the nagging pain in his lower back, from sitting, leaned against a wall. The assassin's work, for what few sounds it produced, could not even stir him beyond dismissing them at only half-awake at most. Now alert though, and seeing the elven lady asleep, grins and adjusts the covers so that their warmth return about her shoulders. Then, with utmost care, settling hooves with uncommon delicacy for his race, he makes his way from her room, quietly, and returns down the stairs.

Once down the steps, the grace is gone from his steps, and nary a patron within could likely miss the vibration of his weighty step in the floorboards. First stop for him is the nearest counter, where upon he plants his hands at shoulder width, propping himself against it, then lets legs relax. Oh, the prim and proper folks might shudder at what follows, might even make a dwarf wince just a little, for as that weight drops, it allows his back to straighten, and a loud POP heard, that could be nothing less than a lower vertebrate settling back into its proper position. With a throaty grunt and a grin, he turns to regard all the others about, giving a shrug to any who might be staring afterward.

Some of his discussion upstairs has left him doubting if returning to his clan is all it's cracked up to be, perhaps not? Certainly looking at things in that light, and his uncharacteristic (of minotaurs in general anyway) fondness of humans and elves, rather than viewing them as 'lesser or superior races', leaves him to realize, he might carve out a better existence among them. Within that train of thought, the bull, more mature than his so far failed rite of passage would suggest, can't help but feel a little wild lust coursing through him. But for some experience with a past bounty, he tempers that train of thought, with a well learned mental discipline. He would not allow himself to be controlled by a female, at least not in that lowly fashion. Still, considering it all, his admiring eyes fall upon, during their roaming of the inn, one of the younger serving wenches, whose beauty, for what of it could still be seen, hadn't been dulled by her work, and then there is LiNee... something about her even from afar, striking him as delicate, someone needing for a companion, both sturdy and reliable. All these, things Krom would always think of himself.

Yes, as much as his kin would sneer at it, he'd consider pairing with a dark elf, or at least this one. And gods have mercy on anyone meaning her harm, for they would need all the help they could get to escape his wrath.

Yes, he has much to consider, and much that may hasten his choice, for now, he merely stands, thick arms crossed over chest, tail flicking occasionally, half consumed by his thoughts, and half by feminine beauty aplenty to observe.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked over to Luexena as she made her presence known among him and LiNeee. Knowing all to well what the priestess meant, Onix munched on the thought that she had given them to think about.
[i:2fy17f8u]There is always much to be considered,[/i:2fy17f8u] the clone thought, placing a hand over his head and scratching his ruffled, matte-black hair.

A [b:2fy17f8u]Whoosh[/b:2fy17f8u] of air blasted in from behind the clone just as Valor took up a perch on the clone's armored shoulder.

[i:2fy17f8u]Of that, I have no doubt,[/i:2fy17f8u] the eagle said to Onix with evident sarcasm.

"Do you ever give it a rest?"

A smirk seemed to form on the bird's face; [i:2fy17f8u]Neverrrr.[/i:2fy17f8u]

Overhearing Lothir's comment, and then seeing LiNeee leap into the bard, arms squeezing him, Onix nodded. He knew the implications of failure for this quest of his.

Hearing the bard's comment about him, Onix gave a genuine smile; "Lothir; I'm a clone supersoldier, who was bred to fight against impossible odds and come out on top. Whether that battle be underground or in the sky, I'll fight to the end. I take my responsibilities as seriously as death itself," the clone said to Lothir, looking at Luexena, as she took off in her graceful dance, and at LiNeee, who was still unsure as to what she was going to do with Luexena's offer.

He then turned back to the bard and in a lower voice said; "regardless, I thank you for allowing her to join us. I, to will keep an eye on her, but also on all of our team. For that, you have my gratitude and utmost respect, my friend. To you also, there's no one I'd trust more at my back, aside from my own brothers, but they're off, so here I am, by myself."

Getting closer to the bard, Onix then added in a whisper to the bard; "and before you ask, or if you already knew; yes I do have strong feelings for her, and what's worse is I've no idea how to deal with them."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Thalion looked around, sighed deeply, "Drama and love". With a grin, he pulled three apples from his belt pouches and tossed them into the air. With a flourish, he drew his slender rapier and in a single arcing strike, cut all three perfectly in half, catching them in his outstretched left hand. With another flourish, he cleaned the blade on his sleeve and re-sheathed it. He placed one half before the "clone", whatever that was, the brooding dark elf male, the three females and impaled the last upon his dagger and began to take bites from it. "So are we gonna get goin' or what?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: umm Bravelle; is Thalion outside, along with Luexena, Lothir and LiNeee and Onix? Just kinda wondering cause I didn't read about him following them out.))

Veraka looked around to notice that Thalion was gone; "probably followed Onix outside."
Shrugging his dragon-scale armored shoulders, the aasimar turned back toward his drink and continued to enjoy the Inn, and to answer the avian fellow.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

OOC: woops! :-[ I missed that part... ok, only apples for people inside.