DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Sighing with disappointment, invoker dropped her head, whispering to herself as her drink buddy went to accept the offer.
"[color=#FF80FF:vdq4p7ft]Huh, what's the point of fighting fights you [i:vdq4p7ft]know[/i:vdq4p7ft] you can win?[/color:vdq4p7ft]"
Shrugging, she tucked her lute and flute deeper in the bag, putting in protruding parts out of sight, not wanting to be dragged into orchestra that was soon coming with dwarf trying arranging his own melody. Sweeping mid-length hair to the side where it is supposed to be, Eo just paraded back in, as if nothing happened. Instead of coming back to her place near bar, her figure took seat at closest empty table. Then, as if change of heart came, a change of seats occurred instead, a little farther away from incredibly pale elf and his imp. Snapping fingers not covered by gloves followed beckon of serving wench to ask another refill and something to bite on.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

The dwarf puts away his lute as quick as he took it out. Taking care to wipe it down in the process. Satisfied, he meanders over to the bar and orders some dwarvish ale. Sliding some coins across the counter, he turns and looks at the patrons. Quixkly realizing he is one of the few non-drow patrons, he shrugs and with a big grin accepts his tankard. Taking a hearty sip, he puts his tankard down and turning to the barkeep, asks in perfect drow "Greetings. I be Norzak. Norzak Darkender. Twer but the only one of me clan ter practice me craft, I moved on and after many misunderstandin's and mishaps, find meself here. Does it get busier?"
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Moment of speech that dwarf started did not escape sensitive ears. It never ceased to amaze how dwarves could take a good grammatically structured (if soulless) language and add their accent in it. Twists of syllables echoed in pointed ears as scratch of sharp claws on glass. Taking some grilled meat, it required decent amount of concentration to not let her ears twitch and continue digging into it without loosing bored sour expression.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Not every visitor to a remote tavern could always be the sort people easily make friends with, in fact someone would ninevitably have to be unsociable, or worse, just downright evil. Well two such patrons approach, and though their lives by now be very different from when they were first encountered. Time and the leadership of one had changed them both. Now to these doors, of a surface tavern, full of Drow, misfits to the surface, comes these misfits from the surface. Both members of this duo, of a race that are well-known zealots to Tiamat. But seve as the fisrt of the pai barges through the doorway, heavy mace in hand. the second is not far behind, as the first shouts, [color=#800000:2tl592a0]"We need a room, NOW![/color:2tl592a0] Not far behind this younger Arcaniss, comes his elder partner, Nixue and Naien have appeared, and the latter, were she not dragon-kin, appearing to be with child, and hissing out various curses in draconic, demonic, and a bit of Common.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Just as casual eye caught the spitter of familiar abyssal words, piece of meat drow was nibbling on fell down. Strangely enough, the feeling that entered young mind already being affected by many glasses of alcohol drinks was not anger at hearing of this abominable language again, not fear of these creatures and not even worry about her own life. What adventuress thought about came with spasms of giggling which turned into hyena laughter. Drunken mind was wondering how funny this situation may become, without apparent logical end that identified it as funny. Dropping her head on the table, all she could do was let her belly take care of surviving abrupt toxic mix in her stomach and sudden strain on her lungs.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

[quote="C'nor":3ftzocfu][quote="Aylstra Illianniis":3ftzocfu]Glancing over at the two females whispering to each other, the handsome drow notes the harp, and calls out- "Are you by chance a fellow musician, milady? I ask because I was considering providing some of that entertainment that others here have expressed such desire for, but it would be nice to have a partner to play with. Would you be interested in a duet? Something simple, I think, that most everyone knows. What say you?"[/quote:3ftzocfu]

[quote="Rainbow Prism":3ftzocfu]"[color=#FF80FF:3ftzocfu]Steal?[/color:3ftzocfu]" Eyes narrowed as if such idea was far off the target. "[color=#FF80FF:3ftzocfu]Pfft! We do not steal. We...[/color:3ftzocfu]"

Overhearing the proposal from the table, ears twitched at the words as she whispered with greater agitation. "[color=#FF80FF:3ftzocfu]That's it! Look, we should...[/color:3ftzocfu]"

Entrance of dwarf made her stop to give an appraising look at him. When he moved away to the bar, she continued, pointing once at Lothir.
"[color=#FF80FF:3ftzocfu]A good idea may be challenging a minstrel of establishment. With certain bet on outcome. If we win, we split it evenly. How about that?[/color:3ftzocfu]"[/quote:3ftzocfu]

Lellienth shakes her head, frowning.
[color=#8000BF:3ftzocfu]
"Forgive me for assuming that's what you meant by rob... And don't be a fool; challenging him before we know how good he is is stupid. I'm not bad, but I'm not a master bard, either, so we'd just be throwing money away if he is," [/color:3ftzocfu]she responds quietly to the drowess, before turning to Lothir, and smiling at him. [color=#8000BF:3ftzocfu]"I am a musician, yes, if not as well practiced as I could hope of late. If you're willing to put up with a bit of rustiness, a duet sounds lovely."[/color:3ftzocfu][/quote:3ftzocfu]

((Reposting this for Aylstra, since I can't find a reply.))
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Carah gives her nod to Onix, satisfied to hear of the tiger, who seems however absent for the time being, [color=#0000FF:2t7ubqp6]"Well, should he appear, we should very much like to meet him."[/color:2t7ubqp6] And then, she departs to join her sister at their table. Watching more patrons arrive, and color the atmosphere with their interesting varieties, manners of speech, and manners in general, sisters chatted amongst themselves, each taking turns pointing out a different male each time, and taking turns sizing him up, and making subtle comments among themselves, clearly commentary about each but neither so obvious as to let a single one of them know for certain who is being judged, or for better or worse. Onix however, is ruled out as only married men in company of their spouses would be by these two. Lothir, is appraised a little better, but a married man he too seems to be, and perhaps good 'prey' when they two are feeling bolder. Dwarves, be they cooks in pretty pink aprons, gruff and possibly clumsy bards, or your run-of-the-mill sort whom loves his ale, forge, and weapons in equal measure, these two always found fun, particularly in a tavern. It's not until they hear their mother's native language used in such profane distaste, and spy the scaly duo stepping in and demanding a room, do they find one male they're unsure whether to like, or scorn. Well, that is until they see the state of the other one. Humanoid females, be they monstrous or mundane, when heavy with children, it showed in a fashion quite different from the shape of one who over-eats.

A glance between the two sisters and they nod in turn, hardly needing to say a word, when a simple facial expression and nod or shake of the head will do. And then there comes the laughter from Eo, clearly directed at the arriving pair of dragonspawn, and then comes the scorn of Neri, already weary of that half-breed's attitude, raising hands out as she growls her invocation under her breath, to launch a [b:2t7ubqp6]Noxious Blast[/b:2t7ubqp6] at her. Attempting to make Eo's laughter end in vomiting. [b:2t7ubqp6][DC 21 Fortitude Save or become nauseated for 1 minute][/b:2t7ubqp6] Meanwhile Carah is already up on her feet, ignoring what other patrons may think of her sister's actions, or hers, and approaches the red-scaled pair, [color=#0000FF:2t7ubqp6]"Please ignore the giggling buffoon, and follow me, I'll see you two to a room and pay for it as well."[/color:2t7ubqp6] When they're prepared to follow, does she lend her help getting Naien to a suitable room.

Whilst Carah tends to the pair of Dragonspawn, Neri glares about the room, suspecting her show of powers would draw attention, declaring outright, [color=#FF00FF:2t7ubqp6]"We're not here for trouble, however neither of us will tolerate that foul-mannered jackal giggling like a drunken idiot, at the expense of an expecting mother. If anyone has a problem with that, then we'll soon be on our way to take our patronage elsewhere."[/color:2t7ubqp6] There is of course the unspoken promise, but it could be safely assumed, when devotees of Sharess leave a tavern in contempt, it's bad for business, as they will most surely speak ill of it when they visit the next nearest Sharessan Temple, a fairly common sight in a large city, as Sharessan Temples were Festhalls, where the faithful and common patrons could gather to eat, drink, and be merry in a very hedonistic atmosphere. These two may not be priestesses, but come pretty close in their own right.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee had returned to the bar, tankard in hand, now empty. Her head swimming in a gentle current of bliss, she placed it on the counter and winked at one of the staff that had filled in for her, as she busied herself to get the matron another one. Turning to her side, elbow resting precariously on the slippery bar top, LiNeee met eyes with the Dwarf known as Norzak. Smiling contently she inclined her head,[i:3vtmwiv6] "Salutations dear, Norzak. Welcome to the tavern, apologies if you have been sitting there long, as you can see it became rather full.. Rather quickly."[/i:3vtmwiv6] Shrugging, LiNeee took one little glance around the tavern before looking back at the dwarf with the same docile expression; [i:3vtmwiv6]"busier? I dare hope not, but at this rate, I'd say so.. To be honest it's fairly new, so I don't know what to expect. Sure didn't expect this,"[/i:3vtmwiv6] LiNeee waved a hand around, gesturing. [i:3vtmwiv6]"By the way, I'm LiNeee, LiNeee-niss'xae.. But just LiNeee will do."[/i:3vtmwiv6] She bowed her head, giving him another wink and a small smile, before receiving her next tankard of light ale.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

"Well then, thank yer kindly. I is but a lute player. I dun sing. I does craft em tho n knows a thing or two bout makin ale, too. Dunno why a busy pub would bother yas, its good fer business ter have customers." He downs a healthy swig of his tankard before signalling that he'll want another soon enough. "I maked this one, right here." And he hands it over to LiNee. Ater she accepts it, he removes a waterskin from his waist and places it on the bar, sliding it over to LiNee as well. "Tis muh own ale I maked. Have a taste. Yer'll grow some hair on yer chest n maybe grow a beard!" He laughs at the last comment and winks back.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Holding her new tankard to her chest with her left hand, LiNeee nods along to Norzak as he rambles, the fingers of her right hand creating circles in the ales' surface. Lute player, doesn't sing.. Craft maker. She had to admit this drow was rather cute. [i:2rsmaokz]"I'm not afraid of business, just keepng everyone happy..."[/i:2rsmaokz] She pipes up between his comments, it was true though; LiNeee wasn't worried about the tavern getting busy, more that people would lose interest. Set in the rock, lights hanging, and music humming, she doubted it aswel. Setting down her tankard, LiNeee accepts his finished one and hands it to one of the barkeeps, smiling behind her brilliant fangs, before receiving the waterskin that was offered. Amused by his joke, LiNeee lifted it to her lips and took a tiny swig, though not really gaining the taste, lifts it again for a large one. Squinting, she wiped at her mouth before handing it back, [i:2rsmaokz]"quite rough, have I grown a beard yet?" [/i:2rsmaokz] Laughing quietly, she mocks a beard under her chin, eyes twinkling from the light head she was beginning to feign.
Li Neena~

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Laughter died out, instead drow woman started to struggle for breath and at the same time fought her wish to puke. Crumpled in sitting position at table face down, gray hair hidden her face distorted in anticipation of revolt in her stomach.
She did not need to guess who did this as soon as someone spoke out. Turning her scowling face to see who it was, grin appeared in facade to hide her obvious discomfort.
"[color=#FF80BF:18mzlfko]Jackal, huh? Someone related would know better. [/color:18mzlfko]"
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth, as the other bard appeared to have ignored her response that a duet would be nice, or at least decided that they don't want to put up with her rustiness*, looked over at the two Sharessans, the dragonspawn, and her new acquaintance, frowning. [color=#800080:ee5tp0e0]"Pipe down, Eo... You bring it on yourself. I came pretty close to taking offense to you myself a time or two, and I know some of the others here did as well," [/color:ee5tp0e0]the scarred drowess said quietly, sitting down at a nearby table, and starting to play a slow, gentle, tune, which should make the other elf drowsy, though not outright put her to sleep unless there are other factors at work.**

((*Apologies to Aylstra, as I know it's simply that they've not been on since I reposted my reply, but this seems like the best compromise between not posting and just ignoring that whole interaction, and I'd rather like to start playing Lellienth again...

**If it matters, since I noticed Pheurazath providing such information, the spell is the Bard cantrip [b:ee5tp0e0][url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/lullaby.htm:ee5tp0e0]Lullaby[/url:ee5tp0e0][/b:ee5tp0e0], though the DC for the save isn't mentioned anywhere that I can find...))
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="C'nor":1tjuet7j]Lellienth, as the other bard appeared to have ignored her response that a duet would be nice, or at least decided that they don't want to put up with her rustiness*, looked over at the two Sharessans, the dragonspawn, and her new acquaintance, frowning. [color=#800080:1tjuet7j]"Pipe down, Eo... You bring it on yourself. I came pretty close to taking offense to you myself a time or two, and I know some of the others here did as well," [/color:1tjuet7j]the scarred drowess said quietly, sitting down at a nearby table, and starting to play a slow, gentle, tune, which should make the other elf drowsy, though not outright put her to sleep unless there are other factors at work.**

((*Apologies to Aylstra, as I know it's simply that they've not been on since I reposted my reply, but this seems like the best compromise between not posting and just ignoring that whole interaction, and I'd rather like to start playing Lellienth again...

**If it matters, since I noticed Pheurazath providing such information, the spell is the Bard cantrip [b:1tjuet7j][url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/lullaby.htm:1tjuet7j]Lullaby[/url:1tjuet7j][/b:1tjuet7j], though the DC for the save isn't mentioned anywhere that I can find...))[/quote:1tjuet7j]

The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a bard’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the bard’s Charisma modifier. Taken from the d20srd page on Bards ;)
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

[quote="Tarlyn":2wqrspa5]
The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a bard’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the bard’s Charisma modifier. Taken from the d20srd page on Bards ;)[/quote:2wqrspa5]

((...How did I not see that? I missed it in the PHB and the srd, too, so I can't even blame the layout. That'll teach me not to try looking things up at two in the morning, I guess... Thanks for letting me know, though!

And in that case, according to my roll for her Charisma, it would be a [b:2wqrspa5]DC 14 Will Save[/b:2wqrspa5].

Edit: Blah. Trying to post on too little sleep is bad. But my various confusions are fixed now.))
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

OOC: Just putting in that I did not mean to ignore certain peoples' posts. Just sort of read them and forgot. Anyway, onward...

[color=#BF4000:3mn9yech]"We need a room, NOW![/color:3mn9yech] A little explosion of interactions had started on the far side of the Tavern, near the entrance. LiNeee had just taken the last sip to finish off her tankard, the last one for the night, and set it down on the bar top. [i:3mn9yech]"Will you please go clean tables?"[/i:3mn9yech] She asked one of her staff behind the counter, noticing several tankards and jugs emptied on tables that were sparkling from liquid in the lights. She looked at Norzak with an apologetic grin, [i:3mn9yech]I'm afraid I have to go see to some things, stay drink, and play..."[/i:3mn9yech] She paused, hearing the soft tune emanating from Lellienth. She pointed, [i:3mn9yech]"there you go, Lellienth may like to hear what music you play..."[/i:3mn9yech] She suggested, with a slight wink, before hopping off her stool. There were matters to attend to, she almost regretted having the couple of light ale's, they hadn't gone to her head as of yet though...

Precarious walking, LiNeee tiptoed across the floor boards, around the table where Alystra and Onix were sitting, and over to the entrance, meeting the couple the same time Carah did. [i:3mn9yech][color=blue:3mn9yech](Carah)"Please ignore the giggling buffoon, and follow me, I'll see you two to a room and pay for it as well."[/i:3mn9yech][/color:3mn9yech] A pang of guilt hit LiNeee in the mid-section, but she flashed a smile at them anyway, [i:3mn9yech](LiNeee)"Carah, it's okay... Please forgive me for being so oblivious, I just have so much on my mind at the moment. I will see to Eo when I return, let her know that she has offended guests, though I'm pretty sure she has been told. She won't be a bother again,"[/i:3mn9yech] LiNeee inclined her head, and gestured for Naien and Nixue to follow her, [i:3mn9yech](LiNeee)"sorry about the wait, I have the greatest room for you though! Very comfortable."[/i:3mn9yech] She waited for Carahs, and Naien and Nixues reply, before acting on it.

Meanwhile, Phoebey had made an appearance again. Her blonde hair was pulled up into a ponytail, the tip of it hanging just above her waist. She'd disappeared to change it seemed; a light green dress she was clad in. She seemed older than the girl who had accompanied the caravan to Menzo, that was for sure. [i:3mn9yech][color=green:3mn9yech](Phoebey)"Oh, LiNeee! Guess what, that little dwarf I brought home last night, is running around in circles in your room!"[/i:3mn9yech][/color:3mn9yech] She grinned a toothy grin and the drowess in front of her, having already skipped down the steps. She spotted another woman with LiNeee, and a couple.. So she thought. One heavilly with child. An eyebrow rose up in a silent question, but she nodded at both Carah, Nixues and Naien, before skipping out into the crowded bar. Spotting Onix; she danced over, wacking a huge smile on her face. She only just grasped the last of what the other sister; Neri, had been saying about no one but Eo. A spell even?! Phoebey blinked, but scooted into a chair next to Onix, across from Lothir*, and sat there as if she'd been there the whole time. [i:3mn9yech][color-green](Phoebey)"Eo being rude again? She does that, should have seen her when she first got in here! My lady over there,"[/i:3mn9yech][/color] she gestured over her shoulder at LiNeee who was waiting patiently, [color=green:3mn9yech][i:3mn9yech]"and this big guy,[/i:3mn9yech][/color:3mn9yech] she points at Onix. [i:3mn9yech][color=green:3mn9yech](Phoebey)"She thought it was gross, disturbing even... She's just very oppinionated. Best option? Being ignorant, she offends ya? Pretend she's not there. I don't think she'll be any more trouble though, eh?"[/i:3mn9yech][/color:3mn9yech] Phoebey winked at Neri, grinning like some sort of doll. She was being serious though.

Phoebey rocked back in her chair, listening to Lellienths tune with slitted eyes.. It was beautiful but... [i:3mn9yech][color=green:3mn9yech](Phoebey)"Hey Lellienth, do you anything.. upbeat? You know, something I can dance too? Or... better yet. Can YOU dance and play at the same time?"[/i:3mn9yech][/color:3mn9yech] She was glancing over at the scarred drowess, she was fond of her. Having met her once... Phoebey was quite strange...
Last edited by LiNeee-niss'xae on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Neena~