DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Re: DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Post by Ogrim »

Piwafwi cloak still worn, though Underdark life left mostly behind, a most peculiar visage of drow-kind enters the inn a bit hesitantly, houseless rogue, outcast male, all that came with such labels, he knew were quite possibly the criticism he could face. After so long topside, he did not want to have to stomach that life again, have to humble himself before females that he had since grown confident, most of whom he could likely put down, with or without their spider goddess helping them. To keep traveling would be risking having to continue relying on hunting, with no extra rations incase a hunt should fail. Too much a risk, he would have to stop for supplies, To alleviate some of these dangers though, hood is drawn before entering, once merely a rogue and wizard, and since discovered on his own, the path of Arcane Trickster, Silinrul enters, prepared to face his worst fears.

Small comforts in his mind, remembering though seldom mentioning it, to anyone without a need to know, he is a member of Breagan D'aerthe. What's more, he's Szar'kai, which supposedly marks him blessed at birth by Lolth herself. Small comforts, but they'd have to be enough, his figure clearly of the slender physique to be expected of some manner of elven-kin, his relatively short stature would suggest Drow, as would every inch of his attire, but his skin, that pale white skin, would stall such assumptions almost immediately by anyone not familiar with this rarity, this albino Drow.

A few of the initial sights put his mind at ease, though he can't right away recognize Onix, Linee, he knows he recognizes. Memories flood back to mind of their first encounter, an ally by chance whose spells were devastatingly effective against a nest of Driders, but it would be an encounter that would free him of Lolth's clutches ever since. Mixed feelings surfacing about the surfacer, and other Drow who 'rescued' him from his life in Menzoberranzen, he does not make his arrival openly announced, merely takes a seat at the nearest open table he can find, and watches in silence. Silence that is, until Iejir, his imp familiar, just appears out of nowhere, popping into existence, and taking perch on his master's shoulder, protesting, [color=#FF0000:2zpqpbrq]"What in the Hells? i thought we were not going back to Underdark? Didn't you get enough of those stuck up spider lovin' women?!"[/color:2zpqpbrq] Then he starts spouting off to Lellienth,[color=#FF0000:2zpqpbrq] "Don't go getting any ideas about pushin' us around, Master Silinrul is with Br..."[/color:2zpqpbrq] and it's at this point, the mouthy imp is yanked by his tail, and growled at by Silinrul, [color=#800000:2zpqpbrq]"Iejir! One more word out of you, and you'll spend the rest of this evening in a Holy Water bath!"[/color:2zpqpbrq]

Threat and warning taken very seriously, knowing the pale Drow really would 'abuse' his familiar so, Iejir's loud mouth shuts up quickly, cowed by threat of terrible pain, the sort even he could not suffer without true agony. And then white Drow adds to this,[color=#800000:2zpqpbrq] "Besides, it's a surface inn, in a cave, and I see some... acquaintances from our journey out of Menzoberranzen."[/color:2zpqpbrq]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Phoebey made one final bound, her back arching as she made the leap... And missed. The trees weren't that far apart, but apparently further than she'd estimated. She landed beside the next trunk, its large bow rattling as her hip bashed into it. [i:1sozw433]"Lame..."[/i:1sozw433] She coughed, looking around for the other tiger, but didn't see him anywhere. However; she did hear other things. [i:1sozw433]"Hm?"[/i:1sozw433] She looked over to where the voice had come from, and went rigid all over. Two women, mitch-matched black and red. Phoebey took in the red feather, the leather like skin, her large golden eyes even wider. [i:1sozw433]They're going to attack me...[/i:1sozw433] She realised, making no obvious movements of prevail, or attack. She honestly didn't know what to do, wait for the other tiger to join her? Or... [i:1sozw433]Shift, I can shift and let them know that we're okay![/i:1sozw433] Phoebeys mind whirred as the thought high-jacked the train vrooming around in there, she took a step forwards and closed her eyes. [i:1sozw433]The real Phoebey... The real Phoebey...[/i:1sozw433] She repeated over and over as her fur began to tremble, the very bone structure beginning to give way.

When she first started shifting at thirteen years old, this part would hurt the most, the bones snapping and the face distorting. Now it was a mere tickle, shedding a different skin as she called it. The white tiger reared up onto its back paws, growing a little taller as its spine grew out in a straight line. As if by a huge wind, and something that seemed incredibly unbelievable; her fur just fell away from her skin and blew away, leaving a rather distorted shape, which looked half human and half a hunched tiger. The shape lengthening, distorting, changing... Until finally, Phoebey stood there in her full form, which was only about five foot four inches, tall anyway. She smiled at the two girls as she bent and picked up one of the parcles she had tied to her neck as a tiger, inside, a large ebon cloak. She drew it on, covering her bare form and turned towards the women. [i:1sozw433]"No need to be worried, we're only friends here...."[/i:1sozw433]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Approach of the white tigress taken all well in stride, Neri remains crouched as she draws near. A bit of concern and confusion crosses her expression upon realizing her sister's count was wrong. Still, she holds her ground, right up until the transformation begins, at which point she stands, all at once, channeling the full might of her powers, hands and eyes filling with Hellfire, whilst an aura of the same infernal flames surrounds her. Still, she hesitates to attack, knowing only of lycanthropes making such transformations, which means she can hopefully reason with her.

Off in the shadows, well away from this encounter, Carah watches with amazement at the transformation, and soon her bow is lowered, slung over her shoulder, and the special arrow put away, as she begins her run from hiding to a flanking position on Phoebe. Neri may have her magic, but one of Carah's rapiers is fashioned of alchemical silver, the other, cold iron, banes of fae creatures and lycanthropes both. Rather than close in for the attack though, she comes up short, and stalks in slow and quiet from the rear.

[quote:14uu9xfk]"No need to be worried, we're only friends here...."[/quote:14uu9xfk]

At this both of them grow still, seeing not only that this shapeshifter is both a child, and claiming to be peaceful. Carah, keeps at the ready, and yet from behind Phoebe reveals her approach, speaking up, [color=#0000BF:14uu9xfk]"Well, young werebeast, in the name of Sharess, goddess of cats, we too come in peace. If we may pass through your hunting ground unharmed, you have our word that we shan't ever betray your whereabouts to those ignorant few who would hunt your kin."[/color:14uu9xfk]

Neither sister about to let their guard down yet, however, until their terms are agreed upon, still are both assuming Phoebe is a weretiger.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Not giving reply to human, woman gave only a glare that concentrated all her distrust and loathing of all their kind for their depravity rivaling that of her kind. Manyhanded curse indeed. The most wretched of N'Telquessir without counting orcs and drow. But lower than drow.
Looking at barmaiden, could tell her of face expression being somehow wrong. The word must have hit a nerve. Maybe she should give apology after drink. Maybe.
Putting away brewing grim thoughts, pink eyes curiously looked over the liquid in mug, brightening smile appearing. Unknown, not looking really drinkable, but counts as drink for which you should pay. What does it taste like? Excitement made her forget about nausea and touch the glass, gulping it down in one swing.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks into LiNeee's eyes, and smiles, one of his genuine ones that he normally saves for LiNeee or one of his other close friends.
In reply to her silent words, he returns; [i:vocysnwx]I do too.[/i:vocysnwx]

Onix then stepped up to the bar, and took a seat, his Night Black armor gleaming in the candlelight. He sits down a distance away from the obnoxious, and in his opnion, senile, elf female, and sips a drink that finds to his liking.
It is around this time, that Valor hops off of Onix's plate pauldron, walks over to stand in front of the elf female, Eo, and did something that even made Onix whip his head around in a frenzied fashion.

"I say, lass, do you have any sense in propriety; first you come in and mind your own business; however, when my large friend, Onix, and his lovely drow lass over there," he extends a wing to point at LiNeee, who might be surprised too, to find that Valor is speaking in Common, and very fluently at that; "decide to show their affection for each other, you make it very apparent that you have a disdain for that. Well, Mad'am, I do not, and I must say, that even for a [b:vocysnwx]Tel'quessir[/b:vocysnwx] you show an admirable lack of decorum and tactfulness that your kind is known for, not to mention an utter lack for subtlety. And while you may find it humorous to make such outrageous displays at a love kindling between a drow and soldier, [b:vocysnwx]I[/b:vocysnwx] do not" With that said, the eagle takes one flap of his great wings, and jumps into the air, and lands near a open window, settling down to a welcome breeze, and fresh air.

Onix looks over, dumbstruck, first at Valor, then to LiNeee.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee had finished stacking the rest of her dishes, the piece of cloth she'd been using to dry them was now strewn over the counter so it could dry. She met Onix's gaze, a smile stretching comfortably across her features. It was strange to think now, after all this, it could be so easy. She rose a hand towards Lothir, a wink twitching in her right eye as she said; [i:3u6957ui]"nice to see ya again, Lothir,"[/i:3u6957ui] with a wave.

[quote:3u6957ui]"I say, lass, do you have any sense in propriety; first you come in and mind your own business; however, when my large friend, Onix, and his lovely drow lass over there," he extends a wing to point at LiNeee, who might be surprised too, to find that Valor is speaking in Common, and very fluently at that; "decide to show their affection for each other, you make it very apparent that you have a disdain for that. Well, Mad'am, I do not, and I must say, that even for a Tel'quessir you show an admirable lack of decorum and tactfulness that your kind is known for, not to mention an utter lack for subtlety. And while you may find it humorous to make such outrageous displays at a love kindling between a drow and soldier, I do not" With that said, the eagle takes one flap of his great wings, and jumps into the air, and lands near a open window, settling down to a welcome breeze, and fresh air.[/quote:3u6957ui]

LiNeee had become somewhat rigid all over, her shoulders straight, unmoving except for the tiniest of suggested shakes. She was more taken-aback by the sheer fact of Valor's liking towards herself, she hadn't thought the bird was all that fond of her. An inch of respect pounded its way into her heart, and she made a mental note to thank him later, perhaps with a piece of his favourite meat. She turned towards Onix, his dumbfounded look clearly mirroring her own. [i:3u6957ui]What was that?[/i:3u6957ui] She thought to herself, though it would have slipped through to Onix aswel. She hadn't shut the link between them in so long, she forgot about it. Clearing her throat, LiNeee folded her arms over her chest and rose her eyebrows at the drowess, [i:3u6957ui]"was the drink to your likings?"[/i:3u6957ui] She asked quietly, her lips trembling to keep the grin from spreading [i:3u6957ui]too[/i:3u6957ui] far up her face.

Though, she had no time for the rude drowess; LiNeee walked away before the answer could be announced. She hated being rude, but she was somewhat hurt. Throwing a shrug towards Onix, Lineee sultered out from behind the bar, pushing down the long white dress she wore. Made of silk, and kissing gently at the drowesses ankles; she looked rather beautiful. It hugged her body close, baring the right amount of skin, most of LiNeee's childhood tattoos were visible, especially those of the Lolth's spiders across her breasts'. She sighed as she descended the steps of the bar platform, fussing around with some lights that had somehow stopped working. That was when she noticed Silinrul, sitting at one of the un-occupied tables with his little imp; Iejir. She'd met them both on the trip to Menzoberranzen, she thought they were quite acquainted indeed. [i:3u6957ui]"Oh Silinrul, I didn't see you come in, I'm so sorry..."[/i:3u6957ui] She immediately apologised, walking over to drop herself into a seat opposite him, [i:3u6957ui]"how are you?"[/i:3u6957ui] She threw a worried look towards the imp, and then one towards Lillienth. She wondered if that was a small showing of hostility, or perhaps an inside joke between two friends. [i:3u6957ui]Either way it's none of your business, LiNeee...[/i:3u6957ui] She told herself.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[i:3u6957ui][color=blue:3u6957ui]"Hunt my kin?"[/i:3u6957ui][/color:3u6957ui] A look of utter confusion fluttered across the small features of Phoebeys face, her eyebrows knitting together before she relaxed, her face again unreadable. [i:3u6957ui][color=blue:3u6957ui]"I think you two have got me confused with something else.[/i:3u6957ui][/color:3u6957ui] She turned around to face the one who spoke, she wondered if the pair were sisters. [i:3u6957ui][color=blue:3u6957ui]"I don't care who you are, or where your from, [b:3u6957ui]or[/b:3u6957ui] who you're mother is."[/i:3u6957ui][/color:3u6957ui] She grinned, her eyes thinning slightly; [i:3u6957ui][color=blue:3u6957ui]"I'm out here playing, there's a tavern up the hill there if you need food or water, ask for LiNeee, tell her Phoebey sent you."[/i:3u6957ui][/color:3u6957ui] With that, Phoebey sank to the ground on four paws, and darted off into the woods looking for the other tiger that was out here somewhere. She wondered where he'd disappeared too....
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Liquid burned the throat with taste sullied by strong spices. It was a long time since she was to visit a tavern where she could find spiderbite or something similar in taste. Eowiewiel was not prepared to unpleasant feeling that was so common in drinks she long forgotten taste of. Cough accompanied empty glass and shake of the head, making cowl of the robe fall back and release hair of dark gray, showing glint of shining metal under robe and collar of silvery metal that locked ebony throat, brimming with purple hue in light of candelabras and candles. Still, it was not enough to make her eyes water, eyelids shutting in grimace.
Hawk appearing before her and orating a speech froze her contortions, making drow curiously regard the bird after it flew off. Then contortions began anew, but with different reasons. Loud hysteric laughter took over the coughs and wheezes, sounding like hyena's wailing.
[color=#FF80FF:2s12lowp]*By the Goddess's naked bosom, it called me Tel'quessir!*[/color:2s12lowp]
So strongly she was entertained, that she did not reply to barkeep's question, only giving yelps and wave of hand. Looking at her departing, lingering giggles ended when she noticed strange elf. Pallid skin of moon elf was nothing in comparison. And imp in his presence. Something was up. Crossing legs and inadvertently showing off black broad sword, seemingly made of steel and polished, but not giving off reflection of light.
"[color=#FF80FF:2s12lowp]Umm... Refill please?[/color:2s12lowp]" She asked for attention rather loudly, giving last chuckle.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

((Sorry, lost track of this during the pause in posting...))

Judging by the way L[b:1aynb9wu]e[/b:1aynb9wu]llienth's hand went to the hilt of her sword on being semi-threatened by the imp, it wasn't an inside joke.
[color=#BF00FF:1aynb9wu]
"You should look into getting a leash for your pet. [i:1aynb9wu]Before[/i:1aynb9wu] it ends up having nowhere for you to attach one,"[/color:1aynb9wu] the hooded drowess remarked, a mix of annoyance and sarcasm in her tone, before taking a sip of the drink LiNee had brought her. [color=#BF00FF:1aynb9wu]"Though, admittedly, if you don't, it's beheading [i:1aynb9wu]would[/i:1aynb9wu] make the perfect excuse to get a replacement, which might be advisable, considering this one seems to think any drow you encounter, even one who's simply sitting and enjoying her drink, is a threat. That could be dangerous - had it not been for it, I wouldn't even have noticed you, but as it is, it drew attention to you from everyone."[/color:1aynb9wu]

With that, she turned her gaze back to LiNee, especially the other woman's tattoos, studying them carefully. And, noting Llolth's spiders, briefly smiled beneath her hood.

[i:1aynb9wu]"Well..."[/i:1aynb9wu] she thought. [i:1aynb9wu]"That's interesting. I suppose, if she has those, I can finally get out of this hood..."[/i:1aynb9wu]

And, a moment later, thought was turned to action, and the former priestess flipped back the hood, revealing that she's fairly pretty, if one doesn't mind scars, with the standard white hair and red eyes of a drow, along with the black-grey skin one would expect, though that was visible on her hands. Of course, that's not the only thing revealed. Far more unusual, and likely of much greater interest to the other patrons and the owner, is the pattern of the aforementioned scars on her face; starting just below her eyes, and going to at least the edge of her shirt, though they likely continue beyond that, judging by the fact that, up to her wrists, every inch of her skin is concealed, they form, quite plainly, a spiderweb.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Sisters, and identical twins at that, save that one is gifted with magic beyond their racial powers and one is not, glance to each other, and Neri, now behind Phoebey, suppresses her Hellfire powers, and clarifies,[color=#FF00FF:2hi9d3ib] "A changeling, sister. And here I had thought them extinct. At least I gathered as much from the grumpy wizard in West Harbor."[/color:2hi9d3ib] Carah arches her brow and shrugs, well enough able to sense that this girl's motivations are not a threat, plus she trusted her sister's judgement in matters of magic and magical creatures. Slowly her blades are slid back into their sheaths, and before the girl has parted their company, replies to her,[color=#0000FF:2hi9d3ib] "Forgive us then, for startling you, and may your hunt go well."[/color:2hi9d3ib]

Tigress gone, the twins smile to each other, at once stealing a glance in the direction of this mentioned tavern, and without words, both were in agreement, this is both a fortunate thing, and will be a lot of fun. And so side-by-side, two sisters whom by looks alone could not be told apart, stroll down the path, hang the appropriate turn, and venture into this cozy little tavern. Common practice in most of the cities where their services were often purchased, was to be very wary of Drow, and so upon entry, there is some hint of hesitation, if these fit the well-earned reputation that Lolthite Drow had come to make most of Faerun's surface expect of the entire Drow race,their expectations for fun, would call for them both to tread lightly.

Neri whispers aside to her sister,[color=#FF00FF:2hi9d3ib] "Usual approach?"[/color:2hi9d3ib] Carah nods, and the two part ways for the moment. Neri goes about finding them a table, preferably one that's not already occupied, and given a chance tries to wave over the 'pretty' dwarf. As for Carah, she takes a look around, unsure who to address, and speaks aloud, using the very few Drow words she knows, to try to set a good impression, [color=#0000FF:2hi9d3ib]"Vendui, begging your pardon, one and all, we lowly kivvilen, are in need of supplies and rest only. Might I have the honor of speaking with the proprietor?"[/color:2hi9d3ib] Best in her mind, to assume these are the sort of Drow that fit the stereotypes, and admit inferiority, than risk them being those that fit the stereotype, and not mind her 'place'.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Seeing new arrivals, drow smiled at newcomers' toadying. Still having chest and throat sour from laughing and fiery drink, she could only shake her head, speaking one word with chuckle silently. "[color=#FF80FF:169nqlfk]Surfacers.[/color:169nqlfk]"
Turning to the bar, woman was startled by seeing face of the neighboring drinker. Recoiling, she spoke in panicked undercommon, pointing at the scars.
"[color=#FF80FF:169nqlfk]Rothe nuts! What kind of skin disease it is? If it's contagious, I am so out of this place![/color:169nqlfk]" Placing herself farther from drow woman, Eo made sure that there is a respectable distance of five feet between them.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth laughs harshly, both annoyed and amused at the woman's reaction, before responding to Eo, also in undercommon, which the scarred woman speaks with much less of an accent than common, though if any of the other drow can tell, some of her speech patterns indicate an origin in, or at least a teacher from, Ched Nasad.

[color=#8000BF:1w81e2fc]"You've never seen scars before, mal'ai? Mine are a bit more regular than most, I admit, but that's because they weren't gotten by accident."[/color:1w81e2fc]
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Lips curved in wide grin, revealing full set of white teeth in contrast to obsidian black skin of drow face. Dark elf spoke, replying in the most common dialect of trade language.
"[color=#FF80FF:1b8x0oi6]My, I am relieved. Few [i:1b8x0oi6]waelen[/i:1b8x0oi6] put scars on their skin, let alone on their face. What fool would do this to beauty that is one of many things distinguishing us from savages?[/color:1b8x0oi6]"
Putting glass on table, priestess continued smiling and waited for reply to see reaction of woman.
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

((Hm... What translator are you using? I've tried the House Maerdyn one and the one here, and neither of them provides a meaning for vaelen... I'm guessing it's a term for drow?))
[color=#8000BF:jntobsgz]
"This fool, obviously," [/color:jntobsgz]the ex-Llolthite replies, grinning back at Eo. [color=#8000BF:jntobsgz]"But if you were wondering why, it was for religious reasons that I no longer have, though unfortunately, I have yet to figure out a way to remove them... I may like the way they look, but they can tend to make a bad first impression, and its not worth the trouble."[/color:jntobsgz]
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80FF:1srapbu8]Hmmm...[/color:1srapbu8]" Leaning closer, pink eyes darted at the lines of the scars, examining them closely. For a minute, Eowiewiel looked serious, then flashed her jaws in quick
"[color=#FF80FF:1srapbu8]Sucks to be you. Try a mask. Maybe if you find a powerful cleric, perhaps... Ah, forget it.[/color:1srapbu8]" Suddenly, she pulled back, leaning on bar table, looking at woman as if she was little bored.
"[color=#FF80FF:1srapbu8]Any name or alias you got, jalil?[/color:1srapbu8]"
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

[color=#8000BF:2je3olg3]"They were put on by one, so... Maybe, but probably not,"[/color:2je3olg3] the scarred drowess says, shrugging, and taking some more of her drink. [color=#8000BF:2je3olg3]"As for my name or alias, I go by Lellienth Elemmiirelani, which is both."[/color:2je3olg3]

With that, the former priestess settles back in her chair, examining the other drow, one hand idly picking out a tune on the harp she has on her belt. [color=#8000BF:2je3olg3]

"What about you? You've got to have something that people can call you."[/color:2je3olg3]