DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

C'nor
Maid
Maid

Re: DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth has indeed relaxed enough to sit down, though her hood is still up.

"Bel'la dos. Nindel ul'tro bronretla. Lu'oh mzilt orn ol tlu?"

She hoped she'd have enough, though she doubted that. Still, pehaps the place would need some music at some point. At least then the working off of her debts would be enjoyable.

"Jalbyr klez Usstan zhahus githinia - xun dos inbal jala xund nindel Usstan gumash xun? Usstan guu'lac Dorn inbal z'lonzic ulu yaith whol ussta cuass'ili, cahallin, lu'drital, ji Dorn ssrig'luin fol i'dol ulu railur dos whol mina..."
Thank
((Translation: "Thank you. That sounds wonderful. How much will it be?"... Another thing I was wondering - do you have any work that I could do? I doubt I'll have enough to pay for my room, food, and drink, so I'll need some way to repay you for them...))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

While the two drowesses continue their chat at the bar, a solitary armored figure strolls through the swinging doors of the DemonWeb Pits tavern, with a most peculiar sight, an eagle sits perched on its shoulder armor. Twin swords sit sheathed at the waistline of the armor. The blades, though sheathed, glow with intense magical energy. Twin katanas stand sheathed behind the plated figure, along with a longbow of curious design. The plate armor that the unknown person is wearing is as black as the night sky, with a piece of kama coming down to about the knees. The helm, which provides four eyeslits for the owner to watch from, has a golden mane curling out of the upper piece of the armor. [img:3m8bm3ys]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 1311145019[/img:3m8bm3ys]

"Dos zhaun," a deep voice came from beneath the helmet, as it lifted up to stare into the drowess seated at the bar; "ph'zhin wund natha k'lar xuil nau sil'tel'is zhah naut natha bekea klez ulu xun."
(("You know", "walking into a place with no coin is not a wise thing to do"))

The armored colosus turned its helmet towards LiNeee at that point, and started to walk over to her, the black plate barely making a shuffle, despite being a full suit of armor.
"Rak'nes vel'drav il," it raises a black armored glove and points at LiNeee, "zhah al nat'raeth."
((Especially when she," "is well connected."))

[i:3m8bm3ys]Oh would you shut up already with the drow-speak; honestly you couldn't decide to speak in common, which at least, I understand. No, no, no, you have to appease your lover by swaying her in her own language; foolish ruffian.[/i:3m8bm3ys] The eagle spoke in its own thoughts. It was that eagle that would be recognizable to a few in the tavern.
Last edited by veraka on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee smiled fondly as the Drowess agreed to the wine, it was the sort that had the dwarves coming back for more, until they realised they couldn't walk straight anymore. Unfolding her arms she let her hands drop to her hips feebly, payment seemed to always be an issue here, [i:3azwhgh4]seems the surface drow, are somewhat... Poor.[/i:3azwhgh4] She thought softly as she turned to fetch a long-necked, purple bottle, adorned with intricate lacings of golden swirls. Dismissing the Drowesses doubts, LiNeee popped the cork out of the bottles lips and went her way with pouring two glasses. Tilting an eyebrow, LiNeee slid one of the glasses across the bar to the Drowess, [i:3azwhgh4]"Xund? Usstan usieva Usstan gumash ragar folbol whol dos ulu xun, jhal er'griff ka dos ssinssrin ulu. Usstan xun naut daewl ulu xund dos whol folbol dos shlu'ta naut yaith whol, nindel orn'la naut tlu ditronw,"[/i:3azwhgh4] she said firmly, capturing stray strands of hair that dangled across her luminescent eyes, and hooking them behind her left ear. [i:3azwhgh4]"Ka dos shlu'ta naut afford ol, t'yin [b:3azwhgh4]dos[/b:3azwhgh4] ph'wun ssrig'luin. Gaer whol, [b:3azwhgh4]Usstan[/b:3azwhgh4] tlun a [b:3azwhgh4]dosst[/b:3azwhgh4] klath'ra,"[/i:3azwhgh4]

It was about that time when she heard the Inn doors complain as another traveller strode through them, the hinges whining as they were forced to swing their contents. LiNeee regarded the [i:3azwhgh4]stranger[/i:3azwhgh4] with a brisk wave as she'd already turned to place the wine bottle back up on the shelves behind her. When she turned around, she acknowledged him in an english tongue, though she'd been speaking in her own; the language was laced with the accent of her own. [i:3azwhgh4]"This is true traveller, but none the less, make yourself quite at-"[/i:3azwhgh4] LiNeee's sentence pulled up short when she finally laid eyes on the newcomer, she hadn't recognised his voice, nor his armor, though it were a familiar sight, she of course; recognised Valor. Her jaw dropped only slightly, enough that her plump lips parted in nonchalance to finish off her sentence; [i:3azwhgh4]"home...[/i:3azwhgh4]

He came towards her, and in the time it took to close the gap, her shocked demeanor gave way and she hurled herself into a jog towards the end of the bar counter and around it, a smile ripping half way up her face, extending into her wide eyes, [i:3azwhgh4]Onix?[/i:3azwhgh4] She was... Laughing. [i:3azwhgh4]"Is it really you?"[/i:3azwhgh4]

[[Translation: Work? I guess I could find something for you to do, but only if you want to. I do not wish to work you for something you can not pay for, that would not be right. -- If you can not afford it, then [i:3azwhgh4]you[/i:3azwhgh4] are in need. There for, [i:3azwhgh4]I[/i:3azwhgh4] am at [i:3azwhgh4]your[/i:3azwhgh4] service.]]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth started to respond, but then an odd man, in ornate armor, came in, and, so far as she could tell, threatened her for telling whoever this woman was that she might not be able to pay, so that she wouldn't bring her anything if that was a problem.

And then, like that wasn't enough trouble, the woman knew him, and apparently quite well. So, while they greet each other, the drowess simply sits there, waiting for things to resolve themselves into some semblance of clarity, or at least for a time when it wouldn't be interrupting to say something.

((Sorry about the delay... I've been trying to figure out what to post, and was mostly unsuccessful.))
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80FF:fdrz6neg]Alright, few leagues there and I should be... What the?[/color:fdrz6neg]"
Walking for few days by directions of the map, lithe humanoid in light robes of grey and cowl stopped in her tracks before the lush vegetation that seemed to be placed in certain order around path cobbled with polished flat stones. Garden in the middle of nowhere confused traveler, since her place of destination was very far by definitions of map.
Before moving forward to continue search for clues, pink eyes in shade of the cowl followed the temptation to look in other direction, the one where stone snake of road led to mystery. Interest sparked wish for a detour. Alertness was dismissed - if someone did not want to be disturbed, then he would not show off like that.
Walking around the trees, elf reached out her hand in fingerless glove to touch leaves and bark of young trees with onyx-black skin. Intuition told her that this is some kind of sanctuary. The question was how welcoming are it's inhabitants?
Reaching the cave in calm demeanor, drow felt cool air touching thin features of her face, reminding of something familiar. Looking in, dark elf noted the inclination of stone showing all signs of trail going down. Heart in chest started to beat faster. Was it shrine she was hoping to reach? Or maybe her other kin with no good intentions set a rally point for raids? Or worse?
Keeping hands on weapons, priestess entered the underground. Finally, she reached entrance, lit with torches on braziers. Touching wooden door, hand left weapon hidden in folds of garb and quick mind started to prepare for anything. Opening door swiftly, drow entered the complex.
Many things emerged from her shocked conscience. Amazement, awe, surprise, excitement and confusion were dominant. Giving full examination to neat small foyer which was bathed in soft candle glow, eyes grew full of vigor from this strange discovery. Passing through, nimbly avoiding the fully clad warrior and other visitors, elf moved to variant of bar, getting free seat on stool and chirping on swift undercommon to neighboring drow woman in black with crimson tint.
“[color=#FF80FF:fdrz6neg]Hail there! Is this a free drinking establishment?[/color:fdrz6neg]”
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Valor's expression quickly changed from his normal one of a frown to a surprised and worried, wide-eyed look, his eagle eyes widening quickly; [i:3pryd7l4]brace yourself, Onix; this one is coming on fast.[/i:3pryd7l4]

However, the clone was more than prepared for LiNeee as she sprung into his arms; even in armor, he was able to deftly catch the drowess whom was his lover and bring her into his arms without hitting his armor hard at all. When LiNeee was close to him, he lightly said; "who do you think it is?"

Raising one armored hand to his helmet, Onix lifted off his black helmet, revealing a sharp-featured, pale-skinned face, with matte-black hair, and crimson eyes that stared back at LiNeee; "of course it's me," he spoke in a whisper just before bringing his lips to hers in a kiss.

The eagle on his shoulder plate turned its feathered head in the other direction; [i:3pryd7l4]really, man, in front of not one, but two others; have you no sense of propriety?[/i:3pryd7l4]

Onix didn't answer his avian friend, only released LiNeee's lips, smiling, and then turning to the unknown person in the tavern, looking at her and then saying in common; "fortunately for you, The Dark Maiden teaches that any whom need shelter and drink shall be provided for. Your needs will be met here and now." If one looked closely at the twin swords hanging off of his waist, they would notice that symbol of the Eilistraee burned into the hilts of both weapons.

Onix made a mental note of the new arrival that waited at the bar.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Bumping her hip on the edge of the bar counter, LiNeee flew past it and out into the main foyer, her arms spreading wide before she even reached the large, armoured fellow. He caught her, tugging her upwards into his tight embraces that always seemed to make her flush such a brilliant red. Her eyes closed slowly as her arms circled his metal body case, but before they were all the way shut, his hand came up, removed his helmet, and suddenly; his lips were on his. A gasp flew out of her lips before she knew what was happening, but she returned the pressure with just as much adoration as any other.

Eventually he pulled away, LiNeee couldn't help a giggle at Valors, his head turned, stance. [i:18xtfpdm]"I didn't know,"[/i:18xtfpdm] she whispered to Onix then, looking him in the eye, [i:18xtfpdm]"I was just extremely hopeful."[/i:18xtfpdm] Her feet hit the ground, though she made no motion to step away from him, only wound her arm around his waist, the other hanging by her off side.

[color=blue:18xtfpdm][i:18xtfpdm]Onix didn't answer his avian friend, only released LiNeee's lips, smiling, and then turning to the unknown person in the tavern, looking at her and then saying in common; "fortunately for you, The Dark Maiden teaches that any whom need shelter and drink shall be provided for. Your needs will be met here and now."[/i:18xtfpdm][/color:18xtfpdm]

LiNeee smiled, Onix was kind, and since she'd converted his faith, she knew he was way more then just that. Her feelings for him soared, higher than any bird could possibly venture. None-the-less, everytime she so as thought about it, a lump would rise in her throat, a familiar sting behind her luminescent, scarlet hues. She blinked the feeling away, and let go of Onix. [i:18xtfpdm]"As always, wise words, dear..."[/i:18xtfpdm] She told him, folding her arms over her chest as she looked over at the other drow, and the new arrival.. She'd only just spotted her. [i:18xtfpdm]"Vendui!"[/i:18xtfpdm] She said cheerily, a smile dragging its way up her face, [i:18xtfpdm]"make yourself quite at home, would you like something to drink? Eat?"[/i:18xtfpdm] She asked, though of course, she knew that she probably would.

(( Sorry it took so long folks, festival season. Hope you all were treated well. ))
Li Neena~

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Looking at the couple, possibly lovers, drow was shocked, surprised, delighted and disgusted at the same time. Last thing she expected is sanctuary of Eilistraee with drinks and food to be served that was not set on purchased map. That explained lack of dancing half-naked males in cages in gathering of drow patrons. Still, that did not prepare elf to sight of drow woman kissing lumbering human with uncommon friendliness and passion. It almost made her vomit.
Fighting stomache's urge to spit out morning ration, Eo replied to tavern wench.
"[color=#FF80FF:hua6xl18]The foulest brew or spirits you have. I need to clear my intestines.[/color:hua6xl18]" Still feeling dizzy, common to which she switched had traces of accent which was thought to be rid off with practice.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth smiled, amused at the newcomer's reaction, though it was hidden by her hood. With all the things that most of her kind did with slaves, she was shocked and disgusted by a human and a drow kissing?* Of course, the hastily stifled (as she knew that one couldn't necessarily control such reactions, and had no wish to alienate the stranger) laugh was less concealed...

Turning her gaze to the human, the former priestess said in common, though with a rather strong... Kobold? At least, that's what it seems to be... accent "That is pleasant to hear, certainly; much more reassuring than your first statement. Thank you.

And yes, I was aware that entering somewhere with little coin wasn't wise; that was why I pointed out that my funds were lacking before I had taken more than a seat."

*At least, I'm assuming her feelings showed in Eo's expression, and that's the only unusual thing going on... If not, let me know, and I'll fix the post.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Another drow enters, not far behind the hulking brute in armor, his dark green cloak swirling at his feet, the hood down to reveal a handsome, youthful face with his long white hair tied back in a tail at the neck with a black velvet ribbon, his light blue eyes alert but calm. He wears a dark green doublet over a midnight blue silken tunic, with tight black leggings and well worn black boots. He appears unarmed, but moves with the confidence and stance of one who is familiar with battle. A polished black-laquered lute peeks up from under his cloak. He spots LiNeee swiftly, and then turns to the object of her attention with an astonished look. "By the Maiden's grace! Is that bird who I think it is? Then that would mean...." He glances at the armored figure more closely, and grins when the familiar face is revealed. "So it is! Well, well, Onix, long time, old friend!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Looking at yet another newcomer who happened to know the couple, palm of fingerless glove covered her face in facepalm with a sigh. Already vomit was coming close to her throat from seeing the unspeakable by traditional standards relationship. Groaning, drow reached for the purse with coins that jingled with loud ring.
"[color=#FF80FF:x7eadhma]How much should I pay to hasten the order?[/color:x7eadhma]"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

He walked alone. His worn sandals barely made any sound, stepping lightly from stone to stone, following the path towards a small building. The lone drow was traveling lightly, only a small thread-bare sack was thrown over his shoulder. The only other gear the drow had was a gnarled and twisted staff. It was made from very dark wood, and though the drow used it as his walking stick, it looked as if it was just cut from its parent tree. He had no cloak on his shoulders, only a light shirt and pants, allowing full mobility. His pure white hair was tied into a single braid. It didn't take the drow long to cross the garden and carefully push open the door into the tavern, and walk in. His golden hued eyes swept around the common room, and an aura of calm was palpable around the drow.
He walked to the bar, "I would like a room for the night. And some water, if you have it."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:33ujpdh0]Ooohhhhoooooo, you have no idea,[/i:33ujpdh0] Valor thought aloud, a very smug expression coming over his feathered face, as he looked towards Eo and her reaction. Onix noted his eagle companion with his big grin, and chuckled to himself. It didn't surprise him that some of the patrons here would take a rather. . . resentful approach to his affection showering on LiNeee, but he didn't care. He knew LiNeee and how he cared for her, and that was enough for him.

He turned to the disgusted elf woman, and snickered; "Need to clear your intestines, huh? That can't be good; have you seen something that you found deeply disturbing?" The question, rather than to try and provoke, was simply a jest from the clone, despite his stern approach to things and people. Onix had learned many things in his time of service under the Dark Dancer. Among them was humor, something that Valor took quite a liking to, simply because the eagle possessed a dry, but humorous wit to begin with.

Onix then turned back towards Lellienth and spoke; "I only say that because I am sworn to protect LiNeee and all in her charge from harm. Suffice it to say that I was fishing for information from you when I came on in that aggressive fashion. Your reaction provided me most of the information that I needed to know you weren't a threat in that moment. Forgive my earlier use of harsh language, I knew very little, and on the surface, I've known, and have seen, the harsh reality that drow face. Knowing this, I could not and would not allow LiNeee to come into such a precarious position. However, since you are short of coin for lodging and food, allow me to correct my previous actions."
The clone reached into a pocket along his belt, and pulled out a few pieces of gold, and laid them on the bartop near Lellienth's right arm.
"I am Onix, sworn protector of LiNeee and Dread Commando in the service to the Dark Maiden," he said, giving a light bow towards Lellienth, his night-black armor reflecting the light that was in the bar.

[quote:33ujpdh0]"By the Maiden's grace! Is that bird who I think it is? Then that would mean...." He glances at the armored figure more closely, and grins when the familiar face is revealed. "So it is! Well, well, Onix, long time, old friend!"[/quote:33ujpdh0]

It was this voice that caught Onix off guard, and sent the clone spinning around and looking at a face he never thought he see again.
Black brows shot up in a surprised recognition; "Lothir; what in blue blazes are you doing here?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Approaching from a direction quite opposed to that of most venturing toward this fine tavern, comes a singular pair, quite native to Faerun's surface, with sensibilities of their pious father, and skillful use of feminine wiles, acquired from their demonic mother, clad in disguises with cloaks, and wide-brimmed hats most commonly worn by swashbucklers and duelists, all in black with bits of red here and there, red feathers on their hats, red linings to their cloaks, dusky reddish skin, and so forth, yellow-eyed pair of women, come, upon a route, chosen entirely at a careless whim, to intersect with that of Phoebey and Vlad.

In dark of night, one more alert to the subtle sounds of stealthy things, skilled in stealth as well, one sister holds out an arm, to bring her to a stop, speaking in nary more than a whisper, [color=#0000BF:nfrnoggv]"Neri, wait! Did you hear that?"[/color:nfrnoggv] A pause of silence and stillness, they listen, picking out the subtle sounds of the two big cats on the prowl. Carah points the way to go, and splits off from her sister, sneaking off to a flanking approach from where the tigers ought pass, to put them down from the shadows, should they prove hostile, or under any influence opposed to their goddess, of cats and hedonism. Neri, in truth, named Neriah, a namesake chosen be her father, as a symbol of his hope, not being skilled with stealth, rather approaches the path of the two tigers directly and openly, powerful, the Hellfire Warlock, at any moment, ready to raise her Hellfire Aura to protect herself, but once within eye-shot, crouches down wearing a medallion identifying her as a disciple of the cat goddess, Sharess, out in the open, allows the tigers to approach her at their own pace and leisure.

Other sister, meanwhile, lurking in shadows, holds ready and waiting with a bow, and an arrow specially modified with a cloth pouch, that upon impact would release a cloud of finely ground, dried catnip into the air. She'd prefer even if the large cats proved hostile, to try to avoid injuring or killing them, sacred animals that they are.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee felt like she'd been slapped in the face, a frown etched itself into her usual, calm features. She hadn't thought of anyone being [i:2pgeccpw]disgusted[/i:2pgeccpw] in her and Onixs' affections, or even meekly disturbed. This was new for her. Someone loathing her love. She sought out a small pebble that lay a mere metre infront of her, its rounded edges a small sign of eternity. She bent and picked it up, smoothing her fingers over its edges, flipping it this way and that in her small palm, who knew so much knowledge could come from one pebble. LiNeee gave Onix a pat on the arm, or a reassuring rub as it seemed; and walked off to busy herself behind the bar. The once LiNeee would have snapped back at the Drowess angrilly, but LiNeee was trying hard with her short temper, so she took a deep breath and let one side of her mouth quirk up, a small grin. Those who knew her well could tell she was annoyed, the glow behind her crimson irises began to glow with ferocity, her shoulders slightly hunched. Though she smiled on. [i:2pgeccpw]"Very well, I know what you'd like."[/i:2pgeccpw] She told the rude Drowess quietly, while she grabbed a bottle of the Analandrisa Amber Wine off the shelf and poured a glass for Lellienth, feeling slightly guilty for running off without pouring her one. She pushed it across the counter at the maiden with a wink, [i:2pgeccpw]"on the house, hon."[/i:2pgeccpw] She put the bottle back on the shelf and turned towards the rest of the selection, tapping her long index fingernail across the labels, emitting a small tinker. Finally, she decided on a bottle of Daggered ale, and brought it down to the bar with a small glass. The liquid inside was dark, and bubbled gently as it was poured. It smelled sweet, laced with the slightest side of bitter. [i:2pgeccpw]"Perfect,"[/i:2pgeccpw] LiNeee said, sliding it across the bar top to the drowess, [i:2pgeccpw]"enjoy."[/i:2pgeccpw]

By placing all the bottles back on the shelves, LiNeee turned to the door as another drow walked in, she nodded to him with a small smile, [i:2pgeccpw]"of course, would you like to go there right away? All rooms have there own source of water for your own comfort,"[/i:2pgeccpw] she glanced over to one of the workers, who was already wiping one of the tables of spilt liquor, she nodded and moved towards the male, ready to take him to his room. LiNee chuckled, she always chose the enthusiastic ones. It was around then she heard Onix's words, this time, the lump went all the way to her mouth and tears split her eyes, filling right up to her lids. She looked over at him, with the most adoration, and love filled look she could manage. She smiled at him, the small slant to her eyes causing the tears to overflow and spill down her cheeks, [i:2pgeccpw]"I love you,"[/i:2pgeccpw] she mouthed silently, at him.

[[ I'll reply with Phoebey in a second. ]]
Li Neena~