DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"Black as the abyss?" Zana questioned with jest. "That just doesn't seem right, looking at such a small, little girl as yourself, Phoebey." She laughed at this thought, but in a way she also believed the shape shifter.

Vlad felt the tug on his ear and shook his head out of reflex and surprise. [i:266cwve2]What the?[/i:266cwve2] He looked around, and saw the little elf next to him. [i:266cwve2]Ahh. That would explain it.[/i:266cwve2] In a joking fashion, he gave her a look that would read pressed lips and slightly "V-d" eyebrows on a human, and then chuckled lightly. [i:266cwve2]I can completely believe that,[/i:266cwve2] he said in response to Zana. [i:266cwve2]She may look all sweet right now, but I wouldn't doubt one bit that she can became a little demon-spawn if she wants.[/i:266cwve2] He then gave Phoebey a playful nudge under her chin with his head.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee rose a thin brow and lifted the mug to her lips again, tilting it so the burning fluid within sloshed into her mouth; unsure of just how hot it was she lifted her hand to cup her mouth as she struggled to swallow, Phoebey on the other hand was laughing as the Drowess' eyes began to water. [i:3lamfd93][color=darkred:3lamfd93]"Always have too much in yer mouth don' ya."[/i:3lamfd93][/color:3lamfd93] Phoebey said with a wide grin before turning to Zana and Vlad with an even bigger one, [i:3lamfd93][color=darkred:3lamfd93]"I'm glad you agree,"[/i:3lamfd93][/color:3lamfd93] she told them with a tip of her head and nuzzle as Vlad rubbed under her chin, [i:3lamfd93][color=darkred:3lamfd93]always knew you were a softy, kitty,[/i:3lamfd93][/color:3lamfd93] she added through her mind to Vlad.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[i:1lulelcg]Softy?[/i:1lulelcg] Vlad quirked an eyebrow. [i:1lulelcg]That's the last thing I would think of myself as,[/i:1lulelcg] he laughed softly. He then directed his attention towards the other drow and her lizard, [i:1lulelcg]They've been awfully quiet.[/i:1lulelcg] He turned away and started gorging himself on the steak he still had in front of him and started purring with contempt.

Zana looked from Vlad to the other travelers, and nodded. She stroked Vlad on the back, liking the feel of his soft and thick fur between her fingers. She took her mug with the other hand and took a good swig. "Ah, that tastes good," she said, also taking a bite of the fish. "I've missed a decent meal, which brings me to ask, why did you decide to open a tavern here?" She looked to LiNeee, cocking an eyebrow, slightly.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:3nj13tdt][color=darkred:3nj13tdt]Everyone has a little soft in them, Vlad.[/i:3nj13tdt][/color:3nj13tdt] Phoebey told him with a smile as she crossed her legs under her and sipped at a mug of di-stilled mead. LiNeee had long since finished her cocoa and had placed her mug in the sink, than she had turned to the question at hand;

[i:3nj13tdt]"Well, I've always wanted to run my own Tavern, since I came up from the underdark. The one place I could run off to was the family Tavern down under, it was beautiful, and made me so at peace. So I wanted something of the same culture up top. Somewhere the Drows can come to get that hint of resemblance of how it used to be, though it is nothing like it. Do you get what I mean?"[/i:3nj13tdt] She added at the end with a tip of her head, it seemed she was struggling to actually explain what she meant.
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana nodded in understanding. "So you wanted to feel at home on the surface, away from the Underdark, but somewhere with the same feel? Because that would make sense and this place does help me feel more at home. It's a nice reprieve for those Drow who want to feel at home, but don't want to go home...like me."

[i:2eghzo65]This place is quite nice. It's definitely a nice break from the world outside and the world under,[/i:2eghzo65] Vlad added.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee nods and gives Zana a wide smile, [i:641kao1e]"exactly, exactly. Somewhere in the middle."[/i:641kao1e] She chuckles and takes the mug from Phoebey, giggling at the large moustache of foam around the childs mouth. [i:641kao1e]"Somewhere we can all relate, feel normal..."[/i:641kao1e] LiNeee tilted her head down and lifted her hands to bring her cloak tighter around herself. [i:641kao1e]"Anyway, how is the meal. Do you like it? Is it good?"[/i:641kao1e] She asked, small shivers vibrating up her spine from the sudden frosty air.
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"The food is amazing!" Zana exclaimed, still shoveling food into her mouth. "It's been so long since I've had a decent meal, this tastes heavenly.

[i:3dh3lxgm]I have to agree with Zan on this one, the food, even though I just had a steak, is very good,[/i:3dh3lxgm] Vlad added.

"Vlad likes the food as well," Zana relayed for him. She rubs her forearms with her hands, having the chills. "Hmm. Odd," she said quietly.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Looking to Phoebey, LiNeee realised just what the cold air must have been, she frowned as the tail swished freely around, behind Phoebey. [i:3swz7gla]"Phoebey, do you have to?"[/i:3swz7gla] She asked with sarcasm as she leant against the bar with one elbow.

The Dwarf in the kitchens had heard Zana awarding his meal, a smile so wide lit up his face and he couldn't help but to come striding out of the kitchens with his petty pink apron and thank her. His long grey hair looked almost knitted it as that messy, and his beard was tied together with a small pink ribbon-like material. LiNeee shook her head and turned to Phoebey.

Phoebey, shrugged off the question, LiNeee knew exactly what she wanted; and sighed. [i:3swz7gla]"Come back soon please,"[/i:3swz7gla] was all she said as Phoebey jumped up onto the bar, her knee's bent and her head held low, [i:3swz7gla][color=darkred:3swz7gla]"yeah yeah,"[/i:3swz7gla][/color:3swz7gla] she said, giving a huge smile to Vlad as she launched herself head first off the bar, like a dive. Mid-air, her body gave tremendous shake, folding in on itself like melting butter. On her back, sprung two large black wings, her face shrunk back and a beak adorned itself at the front. She swung her legs in and they crumbled into nothing but two little birds legs. LiNeee watched the Raven flutter around the tables before it shot back towards the bar, its long wings bending to propel it forwards, [i:3swz7gla][color=darkred:3swz7gla]Vlad, wanna come?[/i:3swz7gla][/color:3swz7gla] She asked the tiger through her head; now not being able to talk, though instead of perching, she swung to the left and dissapeared out the tavern entrance.
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana saw the cook approach her and he thanked her. This just happened to be the one wearing the pink frilly apron. She acknowledged his thanks, "No problem. And, nice outfit," she said, looking him up and down yet again in sheer amazement at his boldness for wearing anything like what he was. "I salute you," she with a grin and laughed.

Vlad looked up and saw Phoebey transform into a raven. [i:2dcigf7l]That will never cease to amaze me,[/i:2dcigf7l] he said, smiling. She took off and asked if he wanted to come. [i:2dcigf7l]Eh, sure, why not? Where to?[/i:2dcigf7l] He got up and followed the raven.

"Hey!" Zana yelled over her shoulder, "Where are you going?"

[i:2dcigf7l]Don't know.[/i:2dcigf7l]

"Great," she rolled her eyes, "Cats these days..."
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee chuckled and just nodded her head, [i:5hgo0hsb]"yes, I can say the same. It gets so confusing sometimes; that girl can be whatever she wants to be. I just hope she doesn't use her gift unwisely; it can take alot out of her.."[/i:5hgo0hsb] LiNeee said, snickering somewhat at the dwarf and his nonchalant look as she waddled back into the kitchens.

Outside; the jungle cat decided to follow Phoebey. If he continued; and joined her just outside the entrance, there would be no bird in sight. But there; standing quite tall, would be but a mirror image of Vlad. Colour, pattern, ears, eyes; all the very same. [i:5hgo0hsb]Phoebey.[/i:5hgo0hsb] She gave a small twitch of one side, her muzzle barely moving apart from that, [i:5hgo0hsb][color=darkred:5hgo0hsb]"you know I've always wanted to know what it would be like to...Be like this."[/i:5hgo0hsb][/color:5hgo0hsb] The jungle cat looked down at its legs and shook off, excited.
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Vlad walked out of the entrance, being cautious like usual (even though he's a cat). He glanced about for the bird, but instead found himself looking directly at himself. [i:3elj0gph]I knew you'd do that eventually,[/i:3elj0gph] he said, grinning ear to ear. [i:3elj0gph]Just couldn't resist. And well done,[/i:3elj0gph] he bowed his head in congratulations. [i:3elj0gph] Now you know what it's like to be a tiger[/i:3elj0gph]. He began to circle her, and looked her up and down, admiring her ability to be able to mimic so perfectly.

Zana finished off her drink and decided to check out what Vlad was doing. [i:3elj0gph]What's goin' on?[/i:3elj0gph] she asked him.

[i:3elj0gph]Come outside and look for yourself.[/i:3elj0gph]

She got off her stool and headed for the door, not bothering with her cloak. It was dark out but she had no trouble seeing the tiger...plus one.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Playfully; Phoebey took a swipe at Vlad with her rather large paw. A grin spread across her face and her ears twitched back, giving her the look of an over-grown kitten. [i:jio7rl8g][color=darkred:jio7rl8g]And what a fine piece of work you are,[/i:jio7rl8g][/color:jio7rl8g] she complimented the other tiger, wiggling her tail as much as possible with a few hard whacks to her hind thigh. She looked up to see Zana and gave a small bow of her head; it seemed the girl and the tiger were rather close; she wished she had something like that. [i:jio7rl8g][color=darkred:jio7rl8g]So whatcha think Zana?[/i:jio7rl8g][/color:jio7rl8g]
Li Neena~

Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

Just like the old days; thought a slender Drowess. Name; Alaun. Height; tall enough. Under a black, ashen cloak; swinging rather freely, was the remnants of ivory hair. Indicating plainly that the woman was indeed a drow. Each small rivet of hair licked at her waist as she walked towards the cavern like Inn; the name had indeed caught her eyes. Giving her that inkling for a good meal and company, though her eyes would never leave each matron intile. Who knows what these surface folks were like, this was her first day on the top world, the sun had been blinding her all day, she was rather thankful it was night out.

Coming up to the cave like entrance, Alaun came across another woman. This one mirrored by two tigers, ivory in colour against the dark night. A small tilt to her head had her re-thinking her steps; though she spoke out to them freely- [b:18pwzmbr]"Vendui,"[/b:18pwzmbr] she greeted, a tip of her head as she began to circle around them to head for the Inn.

As the woman would turn; the others would catch a glimpse of her back. Against the ebony hooded cloak, strapped tightly; was an arcane bow. It shone with a weak grin tint, its base as long as the Drowesses body if it sat on the ground. She was proud of it; that was indeffinitly.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

He took the swatted paw as a playful gesture and saw how she wiggled her tail. He laughed, [i:1mdxmfdj]cute[/i:1mdxmfdj]. He bent his front arms back and arched his back so he was in the pouncing posture, and returned the swat, playfully.

[i:1mdxmfdj]Why, thank you,[/i:1mdxmfdj] Vlad said with just a hint of sarcasm and swept a paw under his chest in a bow.

[i:1mdxmfdj]Very impressive,[/i:1mdxmfdj] Zana said to Phoebey. Laughing to herself at the playful kitties. [i:1mdxmfdj]Time for another drink,[/i:1mdxmfdj] she said to the both of them, and headed inside but then noticed another drow walking up to the tavern.

"Vendui," she said to the drow and walked in after the newcomer for her second drink. "Don't mind the tigers."[/i]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Phoebey gave a playful growl and bent her front legs, tussling her rear in the air and wagging it around. [i:2dyl1958][color=darkred:2dyl1958]Want to hunt, Vlad? Or are you a mama's boy?[/i:2dyl1958][/color:2dyl1958] She challenged, jerking her head towards the large garden down the hill from the lit tavern. She barely seemed to notice the other drow as she swept a paw out towards Vlad again.

Inside, LiNeee bustled up the bar glasses and wiped them out; noticing another Drow enter with Zana she gave them a warm smile and lifted her fingers in a wave; [i:2dyl1958]"Vendui, and welcome back Zana. Another drink perhaps?"[/i:2dyl1958] She leant down to grab a clean glass, placing it on the counter with a small clunk before she withdrew a bottle of sparkling liquid. [i:2dyl1958]"My favourite,"[/i:2dyl1958] she told Zana, pouring her glass half full of the liquor before turning to look for its counter alcohol. [i:2dyl1958]"On the house too,"[/i:2dyl1958] she told the other girl, grinning as she brought out a small kettle which she pour a brown coloured liquid out of and into Zana's cup.

[i:2dyl1958]"Try, it."[/i:2dyl1958] LiNeee told her, smiling widely before she gestured to the Drowess; [i:2dyl1958]"and for you?"[/i:2dyl1958]
Li Neena~