DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80FF:qf7a60nl]Let's see.[/color:qf7a60nl]" Stare wandered in the ceiling as she thought about something. "[color=#FF80FF:qf7a60nl]I hold some aliases, but friends call me by name. We are not friends, but it is never too late to start going that way. Call me... Eo, yes, Eo.[/color:qf7a60nl]" Nodding in contemplation, female returned her gaze to Lellienth.
"[color=#FF80FF:qf7a60nl]Do you mind if I call you Lelli? If not, will another round on my treat change your mind?[/color:qf7a60nl]" Tapping at the empty glass, dark elf looked around seeking closest servant and calling for a refill.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

[color=#8000BF:3ejtxrzg]"I don't mind, but I'm certainly not going to turn down a free drink, either," [/color:3ejtxrzg]the young-looking elf replies with a smile, draining the rest of her wine. [color=#8000BF:3ejtxrzg]"I will ask to be allowed to pay for the next one, though. And it's nice to hear that you're friendly. Eo. I admit, I wouldn't have expected it from my first impression of you..."[/color:3ejtxrzg]

((Oh, and just in case it matters to anyone, as I forgot to mention it before and I don't know if it was obvious, Lellienth's last name is a combination of the words 'elemmiire' and 'lani', meaning, respectively, 'star' and 'keeper'.))
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80FF:26vuqnd7]What, are you about human-bedder? Well, duh![/color:26vuqnd7]" Iris flashed in eyes rolling back. "[color=#FF80FF:26vuqnd7]Come on, these creatures are just like orcs. It looks like some deity wanted to make something beautiful, then got bored. That blasted fast-multiplying plague...[/color:26vuqnd7]"
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee groaned quietly, she had well expected to see her last visitors for the day, or perhaps it was night outside, she wasn't too sure. [i:2pl43ilr]"Forgive me,"[/i:2pl43ilr] she said quietly, inclining her head towards Silinrul in an apologetic gesture, before she quickly rose from the chair, and turned to greet her guests. [i:2pl43ilr]"Vendui indeed friends,"[/i:2pl43ilr] LiNeee called across the room as she dipped inbetween chairs, and nudged her way past chattering groups. Her fingers had curled into her palms, her small fists laying at her sides, they longed to feel another skin, another surface, the firm, familiar pressure. Shaking her head she dipped her head in salutations, [i:2pl43ilr]"proprietor seems such a heavy title, please, call me LiNeee."[/i:2pl43ilr] LiNeee glanced sideways at the other girl who had disappeared towards one of the empty tables and smiled faintly, reaching up to comb her fingers back through her long ivory hair, it was almost below her waist now. [i:2pl43ilr]"So what can I do for you ladies?"[/i:2pl43ilr]

Meanwhile, one of the assistant bar maids had tended to Eo and Lellienth, and the pretty little dwarf had skipped over to one of the sisters, and with a huffy sort of a voice, asked; [i:2pl43ilr][color=green:2pl43ilr]"what will it be?"[/i:2pl43ilr][/color:2pl43ilr]

The front door of the tavern burst open once more, letting in the afternoon breeze, the very scope of it rattling the flames, causing them to dance animatedly. Flickers of light flew up the far walls, like the northen lights, reduced to one color, and on a stone wall. Phoebey, who stood in the large arch way; looked over at it and shone one of her largest, cheesiest, and most wackiest smiles. Ear-to-ear, some would call it. She wore her usual white shirt, with her dark green overalls over top, they stopped in shorts. Seemingly intent, she wandered into the bustling tavern, her arms swaying with each stride, [i:2pl43ilr][color=blue:2pl43ilr]"nyah, you found your way then?"[/i:2pl43ilr][/color:2pl43ilr] She asked of one of the girls who she'd met out in the gardens, she gave LiNeee a wink, [i:2pl43ilr][color=blue:2pl43ilr]"watch this one, almost killed me she did."[/i:2pl43ilr][/color:2pl43ilr] And with that, the young girl skipped off up the stairs and disappeared from sights.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Ordering refill of the same drink that burned her throat, adolescent looking elf raised her glass and downed it, this time prepared to spicy drink. Licking lips of the remaining drops, female let the taste linger before asking another drink. Slipping out of pouch handful of golden coins and giving it in advance, drow brushed the hair with her fingers, putting loose strands in one side as it should be. Middle length hair of silver barely covered one eye with black cut, making Eowiewiel shake head to move braid aside from blocking full scope of vision.
"[color=#FF80FF:3ryn3myq]Ask any drink you want.[/color:3ryn3myq]"
Looking over interior of tavern, priestess gave disappointed sigh.
"[color=#FF80FF:3ryn3myq]This place could use a few cages with half-naked male dancers, don't you think, Pretty Face?[/color:3ryn3myq]" sly half-smile was given with a wink to neighbor before she gave attention to young male drow who talked to hostess of place with familiarity. Making long appraisal of his looks, dark elf sipped watery Evermead from glass.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked over at LiNeee and saw the longing in both her hands and her eyes. He remembered well the experience that the two of them had together a while back, when they were accompanied by Millek and Beznik. It was when the odd female spoke up and said [quote:iioq58y8]"Vendui, begging your pardon, one and all, we lowly kivvilen, are in need of supplies and rest only. Might I have the honor of speaking with the proprietor?"[/quote:iioq58y8] that Onix turned his head around and in his full armor, shook his head, while waving Carah over.
"If you have the coin to spend, then as LiNeee has said, you will find room and board here. As to supplies, I' cannot speak for how much the Pits have for a traveling group. However, I might be able to acquire some for you. It is not hard for a Dread Commando of the Dark Maiden to acquire various goods while being on the road."

It was that wretched wench that Valor had berated earlier that said something that made Onix's temper blaze; however it was Valor yet again who came to save the clone from having to use his voice to solve a problem.
Valor turned his feathered head around and spoke in common, yet again; "Do you really want to see half starved stable boys stripped down to their undergarments, in cages, attempting to dance for you while you have a drink. My apologies, Miss; I had no idea how low of taste some females of the Realm had."

Onix had to shove a large grin down; [i:iioq58y8]that bird has more sarcasm in him than an entire city of drunken dwarves.[/i:iioq58y8]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80FF:15fdd1h0]Stable boys?[/color:15fdd1h0]" girl turned around in amazement at bird, holding back laughter.
"[color=#FF80FF:15fdd1h0]I like the fact that establishment would go that far to please me, but surely you go too close to being ridiculous, dovey.[/color:15fdd1h0]" hand shaking from inner attempt to quell excitement, glass was put down on table.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth laughed, and shrugged, sliding the proper amount of money to pay for their next round of drinks to the assistant bartender that had just gotten them the current one.
[color=#8000BF:2ljselcb]
"Personally, I don't see the point of the cages. If they're free, it's an insult, and if they're slaves, they should be trained well enough that such things aren't needed."[/color:2ljselcb]
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80FF:2de46js9]Oh, come on![/color:2de46js9]" Sigh came from lips as if in slight annoyance.
"[color=#FF80FF:2de46js9]It is not for some kind of incarceration! It is for looks! Just like exotic dancers with silky or shiny metal loin-clothes or circus hedge wizard with some funny hat or jugglers and jesters with bright garish garbs...[/color:2de46js9]"
The gaze was then directed at the glass. "[color=#FF80FF:2de46js9]Or like this drink needs something to not look like usual glass with water.[/color:2de46js9]"
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Smiiles warmed over on either sister, to find the tavern so hospitable, despite the misleading name . Neri grinned at the dwarf in his frilly pink apronm and leaned in and gave his beard an appreciative stroking, cooing to him in a charming, almost seductive, and honeyed voice, [color=#FF00FF:3ihjrppb]"My sister and I haven't seen a good tavern in weeks, Could you bring us each a flaggon of your best ale, and a nice hearty meal? What would we like to eat? I'm sure such a strong handsome dwarf can think of something. Surprise us, eh?"[/color:3ihjrppb] She finishes with a little kiss to his cheek, before letting him go on his way. What an evening this promises to be with these two ladies around!

Carah's smile fades at Phoebey's little quip, then she huffs, [color=#0000FF:3ihjrppb]"Lucky you, we never kill cats."[/color:3ihjrppb] The smile returns for Onix's greeting and offer. First reaction though, is to call over to her sister, [color=#0000FF:3ihjrppb]"Neri?! Ya hear that?! We're in good company of Eilistraee's followers!"[/color:3ihjrppb] Neri answers back, shortly after, [color=#FF00FF:3ihjrppb]"Capital! Guess I won't have to summon that Cornugon to guard our door while we sleep."[/color:3ihjrppb]

A roll of the eyes, and a grin to Onix, Carah replies to him, [color=#0000FF:3ihjrppb]"Thankyou for your hospitality, Neri and I, we hail from a small farming comminity in the Mere of Dead Men, both of us took to the worship of Sharess, when we were old enough to visit her temples. We'd loved cats even before then. In any case, have you any live cats around here that don't turn into little girls?"[/color:3ihjrppb]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He's about to reply to Onix when the commotion of several newcomers ensues, along with a disturbingly offensive comment or three from the elven woman. "And do you often make such shallow judgements of folk you've never met?" He asks her, speaking in perfect auld elvish, with one brow raised. Light blue eyes- so unusual for a drow- bore into hers unflinchingly, a challenge if ever there was one. "These two happen to be friends of mine, and I've never yet met a quessir more closed-minded than I have today. Only one ever came close, and that was some time ago, and on the Sword Coast. Really, why does it seem that those who believe themselves to be most civilized and intelligent of people always prove otherwise by resorting to bigotry and hatred of those whose boots they've never walked in? I've met humans- and dwarves, and even heard of an orc or two- who were far better folk than some Quessir I've known."

He turns to Onix, then, and says with a grin and a chuckle, "Well, you know me- just can't stay out of trouble!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

As the bar maid fetched a drink, and the small dwarfen chef walked off in a huff, his cheeks blazing brightly; LiNeee observed for half a moment, leaning back inquistively against the bar. She was most appreciative when Onix called the girl over and conversed about the inn, she made note to ask him later; how he knew the sisters. For now, she folded her arms across her chest, and sighed through the stronghold of relief that washed over her, the bar was bustling, and there were no tifs, as of yet. She hoped there would be none to break out, it wasn't in her nature to throw someone out, not anymore. Then again, she could always find reason to. Rolling her neck to the side, LiNeee peered out under her heavy ivory fringe at Eo, the woman was yet again yapping about something unnecessary, she couldn't help but roll her eyes: [i:3ko20m3x]"If you see it fit, Eowiewiel, you are most welcome to grab yourself a cage, hang it up and start dancing to entertain my customers... We'll soon see who enjoys it."[/i:3ko20m3x] A smile twitched at the corner of her lips but she reigned it in and quickly looked away from the woman drow, letting out a long breath instead of laughing at her. The next comment had her eyes narrowing slightly, more in annoyance than aggression, [i:3ko20m3x]"are you implying I run a circus here?"[/i:3ko20m3x] She bumped herself off the bar and turned towards Eo with a silent, and absolute still thoughtfulness. [i:3ko20m3x]"Jugglers and jesters?"[/i:3ko20m3x] One fine eyebrow disappeared under her hair, and she folded her arms over her chest ignorantly, [i:3ko20m3x]"like I've said, if you'd like to do the bidding... I'm sure I could find an outfit that would bring your eyes out... Perhaps a few balls for your immense entertainment to be underway?"[/i:3ko20m3x] LiNeee snorted a chuckle before she turned to go back behind the bar, and ran straight into Phoebey.

[i:3ko20m3x][color=blue:3ko20m3x]"Aye, LiLi! How are ya, girl?"[/i:3ko20m3x][/color:3ko20m3x] Phoebey was always smiles and laughs, her eyebrows way too high to even look realistic, and her eyes too large for the layout of colouring. LiNeee always thought she looked like a story book elf, the ones in her childhood dreams with bows and arrows and large crowns made out of vines. She sighed, wrapping the younger girl in a short embrace, one arm squeezing against her back. Phoebey grinned and as they parted, found a seat on one of the bar stools. [i:3ko20m3x]"I hope you've been behaving out there,"[/i:3ko20m3x] LiNeee said, taking a tray of used glases off one of the bartenders and letting them sink into the sud-filled sink. Phoebey leaned forwards on her elbows, her face resting on her palms, [i:3ko20m3x][color=blue:3ko20m3x]"I never behave... Where's that bird? Valor!"[/i:3ko20m3x][/color:3ko20m3x] LiNeee rolled her eyes and scoped the room with one quick glance of her crimson hues, Valor was still perched, Onix talking with one of the sisters, and most of the others were jesting at Eo for her rude demeanor. LiNeee sighed, her eyes drooping, her dream was finally becoming a reality...
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Opening mouth to reply, adventuress froze in place, getting in mind something that would be stupid answer on no less serious provocation. Suddenly excited, her body span in flash of robe to Lellienth. "[color=#FF80FF:3dimoqm0]Heeeey... Lelli? Can we talk in private?[/color:3dimoqm0]" Index thumb of left hand pointed to the entrance of tavern.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Hearing LiNeee's remark, the handsome drow chuckles, and moves closer to the small group in question. "Well, if it's jugglers and jesters you need, I could fill in- after all, didn't I play that part when we madethat journey down to Menzoberranzan? A good entertainer must have many skills, after all. And, ah, as for the male dancers.... Well, they didn't call me nedierra champion in Terrillis for nothing!" He winks, and makes a few suggestive moves in LiNeee's direction- just for laughs, of course. Being married, he'd never try to horn in on Onix's territory. Or even if he wasn't already taken.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turned his pale head to regard Carah, and then shrugged his shoulders; "As far as I know, the only non-shape shifting cat that has been around me long enough is one very large white tiger, named Vald. Crazy furball, always manages to get Valor to ruffle his feathers whenver he's around. And [b:2nvolkj1]that[/b:2nvolkj1] big cat is with a huntress by the name of Zana, I believe, though it's been a long time, so it'd be hard for me to remember specifics. Other than him, I wouldn't know of any, that eagle," Onix points at Valor roosting near an open window; "gives me a run for my money more than enough of the time."

It is at Neriah that the Dread Commando arches a dark, black brow, and gives her a quizzing look. "Followers of Sharess, you say. Intriguing." Onix is swift with his eyes to give both Carah, and Neriah, a look over. Even their seductive charms, were compelling. But Onix knew his place, and he wouldn't befoul his relationship with LiNeee for a one-night stand.

And Lothir's little jests towards LiNeee were not unnoticed by the clone. He took in everything, studied everyone. It was how he survived this long on Faerun, Valor's assistances aside the fact. The clone gave a wary look to Lothir; he may have known the bard longer than most on Faerun, but he was still [b:2nvolkj1]very[/b:2nvolkj1] defensive with LiNeee, and had more than once ended up crashing a completely normal bar setting because one idiot gave her the wrong look, or physically touched her in some inappropriate way. It wouldn't have been the first time, and it wouldn't be the last. However, Onix relaxed his gaze towards the bard, put on a smirk, and when Lothir met him eye to eye, Onix tapped the hilt of [i:2nvolkj1]Redemption[/i:2nvolkj1] twice in a light manner. If Lothir understood the clone as well as Onix gave him credit for, then he'd know to lay off the jokes, and get his ass over to where the clone was sitting.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix