DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tarlyn
Regular

Re: DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Post by Tarlyn »

Norzak nods and orders another tankard, watching the dark elves, observing.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Well now, not every day a human spares Nixue the bother of dealing with someone being so offensive. He stands there as this woman Carah shows a kindness, a courtesy he and Naien both never would expect, the expression of shock clear on his face. Naien too, is a bit impressed, and amused, impressed by this pair of human-seeming sisters, and amused by the price for the offending laughter. As Carah offers to lead them to a room, and then just after Lineee does the same, Naien nudges her somewhat younger companion, then waves a hand toward the two ladies, in a manner that holds its own meaning between them. It' evident when Nixue speaks up again, [color=#800000:2pduf7sy]"Oh, right. Many thanks for your help. Please lead the way, and we'll be right behind."[/color:2pduf7sy] Then a simple casting of Bull's Strength, and he sweep up Naien in his arms, the last time he can cast that for the day, and to help her to a bed, and spare her the walking for a bit. On the way to the room, Nixue mentions, [color=#800000:2pduf7sy]"Hope the room in mind has a fireplace, or something else to keep it quite warm."[/color:2pduf7sy]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

[color=#0000BF:hys871ko]"Have it your way dear, I best calm down my sister now, before you come back down to find Eo turned into a newt or something like that."[/color:hys871ko] Carah defers to Lineee on the matter of providing a room with a slight bow, and another one a little more humbled for the pair of dragonspawn, then heads back toward her and Neri's table, taking her time getting there, while enjoying the relaxing music.

Meanwhile, Neri looks at Phoebey like she MUST be kidding, [color=#FF00FF:hys871ko]"I got a better idea, how about she spends until morning as a toad? That should keep her from offending anyone else for awhile. Those two with the red scales, are most likely akin to Red Dragons, if I were to guess, and they're not known for patient tempers, or forgiving insults. They are well known for starting big fires and holding grudges though. I just saved you from dodging stray fireballs most likely."[/color:hys871ko]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth grinned at the shapeshifter when she requested a livelier song, and started to oblige, smoothly shifting into the opening notes of one she'd written on her journey to the surface. Though a moment later, when one of the Sharessan sisters spoke, she slipped her hands out of the wings of the dragon-harp, and settled her right lightly on her rapier's hilt, gazing coldly at Neri. [color=#800080:ne0fq3tn]"How about you not threaten someone for an ill-considered remark, especially as it's likely she's drunk, and thus not thinking clearly? I don't approve of her actions, nor did I take offense to what you did, but she's had her punishment for the offense she gave them, and it's not as though you didn't provoke what she said to you to some extent - besides which, even if you hadn't, the one offended should hardly mete out punishment to the offender."[/color:ne0fq3tn]
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80BF:ebj66945]Look, Lelli... just cause I thought you are cute does not mean you can tell me what to... Hic! Oh, damned guts...[/color:ebj66945]" Hissing to performer in weak, but agitated tone, Eo was interrupted by another outburst of liquid inside her, which fortunately did not go farther than throat.
"[color=#FF80BF:ebj66945]Whatever, humanling. Do your worst...Guh... Does not change...That I can kick your butt...Ack... Without your tricks... Lucky you, huh-UUUGHH?[/color:ebj66945]"
Embracing her stomach, hands were buried inside folds of adventuring robe, ebony face becoming pallid gray.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

The dwarf chuckles to himself, under his breath [i:8qyctp6f]"Oh look, I kin git some grub n then I kin watch a show. I knowd it were a good i dea ter come here after all."[/i:8qyctp6f] He orders a stew and after placing down his tankard, orders another ale.
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

((Pheurazath and LiNee: Sorry for skipping you both, but it's been two weeks, and I'd prefer that this not die, so...))

Lellienth looked over at Eo puzzledly, though not with displeasure, a fair bit of surprise making its way into her voice.[color=#800080:1g43afg8]"You think [i:1g43afg8]I'm[/i:1g43afg8] cute? I find that rather odd. Not that it's distasteful to me, but considering your reaction on my taking off my hood was to ask me what sort of disease I had to be marked like this...,"[/color:1g43afg8] she said, getting up from the table she'd been at, and making her way over to the other drow, before continuing quietly.[color=#800080:1g43afg8] "In any case, even had I known, I wouldn't have tried to manipulate you with that; I respect my friends too much to do that to them. I simply though that a bit of quiet, and hopefully not insulting - though I admit that I could have been more tactful about it -, advice from someone you knew would go over better than whatever she said."[/color:1g43afg8]
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

(OOC:Many many apologies for my long absence, Summer has been VERY busy for me, stacking firewood for the coming winter, and managing a vegetable garden, which will save a lot of money on food over the coming months)

Neri's sense of humor, gone and taken the wrong way, just wears a wicked smirk in Leli's direction. The sly, snide remark meant to follow however, is silenced, as Carah returns, and leans over to hug her sister about the shoulders from behind, purring in gentle honeyed voice, [color=#0000FF:9o81lg8u]"Oh come now, Neri, there's nothing we need prove. There is much more worthy prey to be had, if it is a duel you desire."[/color:9o81lg8u] A glance aside to Leli stolen, from Carah, a look that at once silently apologizes for her sister, and at once, warns against responding. Being the more socially graceful of twin sisters, she would know best how to diffuse Neri's urge to transmute Eo into some amphibian animal or another.

Neri sighs, and nods, of course her sister is right, her point has been made, and Eo has only begun to see the least of her 'tricks' anyway. Besides, the comment from the dwarf with his stew, earns him a demure smile, and a blush from the Warlock. Once realizing the cause of this blush, Carah pipes up, [color=#0000FF:9o81lg8u]"Men usually have to pay a fee, before we disciples of Sharess 'entertain' them."[/color:9o81lg8u]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Sorry I've not been on for a while, been VERY busy in RL, and focusing on my writing elsewhere on the net. Those who have known me a while may be aware that I am also on several other sites, and one of those has been taking much more of my time, as it's where I post most of my writing. Anywho, not trying to ignore anyone, so....

IC: As he waits for the elf lass to respond, the drow bard is suddenly distracted by a commotion elsewhere, and then seems to grow thoughtful, as if thinking of something else altogether, or perhaps some memory. When he turns back to reply, she has already begun a soft lullaby tune to calm the giggling drunk. Smiling to himself, he joins in on his own instrument, and adds vocals in a warm, strong tenor voice, sounding surprisingly mellow and soulful- for a drow, at least. There is hardly any indication of surprise or fear at the draconic pair, though given his own family's mixed dragon heritage, it's hardly surprising. When one is wed to a half-gold and her twin, and has two dragon-blooded children to boot, seeing others of their kind- no matter the color- seems less of a novelty.

Hearing the comments about men needing to pay for the sisters' ideas of entertainment sparks a chuckle from the drow. "Ah, I've known quite a few ladies like that! Fact is, I used to sort of 'collect' women who had no other option for survival. Of course, that was when I still lived back home in Argonia, and the women in question had little choice in the matter, being slaves. I sort of took them off their owners' hands and gave them a better way of living. Though one was grateful enough to offer her thanks in some very- pleasant- ways...." He grins at the two Sharessan ladies, and winks.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

In almost perfect unison,the twins shift their gazes toward Lothir, at mention of collecting women of 'that sort', and them being slaves. Not just looking his way either, but glaring. Oh but if looks could kill, he'd have four blazing holes burning through his skull right then. A long moment of bitter silence from both of them, and then Neri is the first to actually react blazing flames just appearing to envelope her hands, and not just ordinary flames, but Hellfire. Just as Neri is about to rise from her seat, it's Carah's turn to react. Swords, rather than magic, her means of intimidation, and yet she grabs her sister by the shoulders and re-seats her,[color=#0000FF:9f2mp77u] "Neri, wait."[/color:9f2mp77u] Then speaking actually to the bard, the more diplomatic of the two sisters begins,[color=#0000BF:9f2mp77u] "I would heartily recommend, sir, that in the future, you consider your words a bit more carefully. Comparing practices of the Sharessan faith, to sex-slaves and common prostitutes, especially in some cities, is liable to get you lynched, supposing of course city guard does not expel you from the city for your own safety, as well as that of the citizenry. Now, I do trust you did not intend to compare us to such, correct?"[/color:9f2mp77u]

Neri just sits still, for now, seeming almost to pout like a scolded child, but patiently.... almost impatiently waiting for Lothir to say the wrong thing twice. Gonna take something a lot stronger than ordinary ale to lighten her mood again, half-ready to rip the bard apart as she was. Carah, for all her diplomacy, by expression alone was clearly not very happy with him either. How fortunate for everyone, she is more apt to resort to words, before violence to resolve an unnecessary conflict. Sharess would surely be pleased by these two though, so well do they reflect the different aspects of their goddess, and by their own nature rather than deliberate practice.

While awaiting Lothir's answer, Carah begins about massaging her sister's neck and shoulders attempting to relieve the tension, and thereby the anger, and also glances toward the kitchen, wondering where that dwarf with his frilly apron was. It takes awhile but the flames eventually vanish, and Neri sighs, relaxing back in her seat, and speaks, seemingly to Lothir, though no eye-contact or facing him, [color=#FF00FF:9f2mp77u]"Better agree with, and thank the lady, buster! Just saved you from your ill-chosen words."[/color:9f2mp77u]

((OOC: Ahhh the ill-fated life of a bard. Everywhere they go, if it's not an adventure, there's a mishap, an accident, a clumsy slip-up that lands them in some spot of trouble that turns an uneventful day in a tavern, into another tale of adventure. Or at least, that seems to be the going trend.))
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Hmm, perhaps you misunderstood, my lady. What I said was that they WERE slaves when I found them. They did not remain so once in my care. I freed them- every last one- and offered them a better life of their own choosing. One in particular- the lass I mentioned- turned her talents toward opening a tailor shop, with several of the others assisting her. Mind, being stuck in a drow city meant that there were certain deceptions that were necessary, but they were no longer abused or treated as chattel, THAT I can assure you. I dispise slavery as much as any, to speak plainly. However, conisdering the climate back home, professing such sentiments would have been detrimental to one's health. In any case, I was not comparing either of you ladies to common trollops or coin-lasses. Surely you didn't think that a follower of the Dancer would condone such dispicable practices? That truly hurts." He gives them both a very open and direct look, as if aware that they likely do not trust or believe the words of a drow.

"If it makes a difference, I've always had a soft spot for females in distress. My fist love was an elven harem-slave of my father, and was the one who mostly raised me, as well. She was like a mother to me when I was young, so you can imagine the frustration of wanting to rectify that situation, while having no say in the matter."

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

For a moment, as Lothir explains himself, Neri remains cross, and Carah remains diplomatically patient. Neither willing to forgive what they both thought they heard, but that changes as he finishes his first statement, a glance going between sisters, and then looking to the bard in unison, in time to catch that expression with which they're all too familiar. Neri's temper gone, and both grinning again, Neri begins,[color=#FF00FF:1jt7k3am] "Now, now, no looking at us like that, kitten eyes are for the bedroom, when you're tied down. Out here, your word is good enough. I... misunderstood your meaning, and now that you've explained yourself, I think we'd both like to hear more about your dashing exploits to free those ladies from the bonds of slavery."[/color:1jt7k3am] With a honeyed voice, Carah purrs, [color=#0000BF:1jt7k3am]"Mmmh, and if you're planning to do anymore, count us in. We may work for coin sometimes, but the freedom of cats, and of course people is a much more worthy cause."[/color:1jt7k3am]

Both smiling now, Neri pivots her chair around to face the bard, and Carah pulls up a chair, beside her sister. Fears of walking into a nest of Lolthites long since put to rest, and as well to diffuse concerns of how trustworthy a Drow is, Carah begins, and Neri follows suit, removing their hats, which openly reveal the pair of small horns either sister has, and unwound from their waists, they allow their tails to hang free. No mistaking them for mere humans anymore, these lovely twins are clearly tieflings. Neri asks then, with a honeyed purr of her own,[color=#FF00FF:1jt7k3am] "So what's your name, anyhow?"[/color:1jt7k3am]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ah, so this explains much!" He says with a chuckle. "My, what an enchanting pair of devilish ladies you are. Though you're a bit late for being the first 'horny' female I've encountered. sorry, couldn't resist a little pun there. It's the chaotic prankster in me, you see..." He winks, and then suddenly becomes utterly serious and formal in an instant. "Lothir Ustdalharn E'Terrin'dar, at your service. Formerly Crown Prince of the First House of Argonia, on a rather distant world known to its inhabitants as Asharra. Currently, I'm a citizen of the reclaimed city of Lothen, and Master of a bardic college and school of battledancing there." He gives a little bow from his seat, and smiles.

Hathcmyr32
Maid
Maid

Post by Hathcmyr32 »

The younger Drow male had a frown on his face. As light radiated from his skin in patterns of Drow runes. he rested a hand on the cold stone surface that was the entrance to the Tavern. As the sign was within his vision he stepped onto the hard wooden floors and looked to it. Now clearly within vision of the other two women. His cloths where completely plain that by he wore a long black robe over his entire body, with a hood. Only a few strands of his white hair where viable as his face was half covered. If one was to see his eyes they would notice they where all black except for two golden rings that served as pupils. In his left hand was a small book that would hold no letters but blank pages intertwined with a few leather straps. In his right rested a Cain. Black velvet along its rod the only colors where the two golden ends. As he stared at the sign his face gave a quizzical look. his beard that rested calmly on his cheeks and lips shuffled. He turned towards the center of the room but within three steps he walked into a chair and fell onto his front sprawled out across the floor. His book a good 10 feet away from him and his bare feet showing, they had some words burnt into them, but they seemed from a language to old to remember.

(my apologies this is my first post ever and i am by definition a 'noob')
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

(Since I'd forgotten / lost track of my posts for Silinrul, and have been needing to complete his intro RP before I can properly continue his RP here, I'm gonna bring in one of my new faces)

Where an inn resides, the dust of the road gathers, and no less so for one whose traveling of the roads, and routes that are neither named nor to be considered roads, is long and seldom with welcome or rest. With night well on this one's heels, the presently newest of weary travelers pushes through the door, a slightly hunched form, tired, concealed almost entirely by a light traveling cloak, that though once a dark blue, now looks mostly tan from a mixture of dust and dried, caked on mud. A slight tenting of the fabric in back hints at one who carries a bow.

Tall, dark, and mysterious about fits the bill, but when he begins to seek a table, in passing he smells a great deal of wet dog, and worse things. There's n stealth in this one at the moment, as his need for a bath is pungently clear. Still, he finds himself a table instead, then calls out in a voice that sounds of animal-like growling, "Farkas! Get yourself in here, before you scare off the nice elves!" The hooded stranger laughs, well, more like chuckles at this comment, even as the big gold-furred Celestial Wolf he was calling for trots on in, heeding the verbal summons. Scare elves away? Well, maybe evil ones but this particular wolf, by his very nature, almost literally exudes goodness, just by being present.