DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

/Sorry bout attacking u at the inn linee, but i was board.

IC: Alaun nodded to the bar maid, such a waste; she thought, such a fine drowess being forced into such labour. [b:1oocm76y]"I'm fine thanks, just need a place to rest my feet, the journey has been a long one."[/b:1oocm76y] Alaun kept her eyes plastered to the barmaid, a tilt to her head gave away her curiousness. A drink? No. A bed? Hells yes. She looked around for a second, seeking out anyone else. [b:1oocm76y]"Vendui to you too,"[/b:1oocm76y] she added to the drowess who had greeted her.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:3i96nor4]Phoebey, do not go out hunting right now thankyou. We have visitors, one in need of rest. I will take the maiden to her room; entertain our guests.[/i:3i96nor4] LiNeee said through her mind to Phoebey who shot back; [i:3i96nor4][color=darkred:3i96nor4]I'm bonding with the tiger, shush.[/i:3i96nor4][/color:3i96nor4] LiNeee grinned and gestured towards the right hand side of the tavern; her eyes still on Alaun, her newest arrival. [i:3i96nor4]"We have dorms downstairs, all are very hospitable. Would you like to have one for a few days?"[/i:3i96nor4] She asked the drowess.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

[b:17vfpmca]"That would be good. Perhaps you could show me the way, then I will come back for... Well I'm a little parched."[/b:17vfpmca] Alaun told LiNeee as she moved furhter into the Inn, eyes peering freely around like some little rat. [b:17vfpmca]"What have you got here to eat?"[/b:17vfpmca]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee, looking a little appalled, nodded her head before withdrawing a small piece of parchment; a menu. [i:j9zn1tfu]"Anything really, how chefs are very flexible for your appetite. Just let them know when you are ready and they'll bend the menu around your likes and..."[/i:j9zn1tfu] LiNeee looked the woman right in the face and gave a devilish grin. [i:j9zn1tfu]"dislikes."[/i:j9zn1tfu]
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

((Sorry I've been gone so long, school caught up with me.))

IC: Vlad never took his eyes off Phoebey, accepting the "challenge." [i:38w0cc8m]You do realize I've never turned down any challenge before, right?[/i:38w0cc8m] Vlad spoke to Phoebey. [i:38w0cc8m]Plus, it's been quite awhile since I've been hunting without Zan, or with another tiger for that matter. So, ready to hunt?[/i:38w0cc8m] His eyes sparkled with excitement and he smiled with joy.

[i:38w0cc8m]I'm going to be gone for a while, so don't wait up. I'll be hunting,[/i:38w0cc8m] he said to Zana.

[i:38w0cc8m]Alright, be careful. I'm thinkin we'll just crash here for a couple of nights anyway.[/i:38w0cc8m] She told Vlad and then redirected her attention to the newcomer and LiNeee.

[quote:38w0cc8m]"Vendui, and welcome back Zana. Another drink perhaps?"[/quote:38w0cc8m]

"Why thank you," Zana did a slight bow and smiled. "I wasn't planning on leaving anyways; I left my things here and Vlad will be off hunting, sooo, I may just take you up on that drink."

She sat at the bar where LiNeee had placed the liquor. She looked at it skeptically, unsure if she should accept it or not because it could be poisoned. She highly doubted it though, and being the spellcaster that she [i:38w0cc8m]wasn't[/i:38w0cc8m], she decided to take a risk. "Ah, what the hell? Why not. You aren't trying to kill me or anything are you?" she asked LiNeee, "But before I do drink, what exactly is this stuff?" She pulled the glass towards her and peered into it with a slight frown.

She also heard the other drow ask for a room. "That reminds me, I will need one too. One with enough room for Vlad. We have some business to finish up in this area."
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( That's alright Zana. =] ))

Phoebey shook her tail out behind her, ears flicking forwards in excitement- [i:1qkjs06a][color=darkred:1qkjs06a]Ok! Let's go!"[/i:1qkjs06a][/color:1qkjs06a] Phoebey spun on the spot; her tail swinging out at Vlad behind her, she giggled and took off for the gardens.[i:1qkjs06a][color=darkred:1qkjs06a] What should we hunt, Vlad?[/i:1qkjs06a][/color:1qkjs06a] Phoebey asked, her yellow eyes peering through the growing darkness at the tree's and bushes. What did she feel like anyway? A small elk, or something bigger?

She shot a glance at Vlad to see if he was following, her toothy grin rather large.

[quote:1qkjs06a]"Why thank you," Zana did a slight bow and smiled. "I wasn't planning on leaving anyways; I left my things here and Vlad will be off hunting, sooo, I may just take you up on that drink." [/quote:1qkjs06a]

LiNeee nodded, smiling lightly at Zana as she peered down into the drink she had made for the girl, than into the one she had made for herself; [i:1qkjs06a]"Well, it's a mixture. It's not poisonous or anything, just a concoxion of of three alcohols and a bit of lilac berry. It's a little home-brew, you could say."[/i:1qkjs06a] LiNeee grinned at that and brang her own glass up to her lips; taking a small sip and letting it wash through her mouth.

At the second question; LiNeee grinned and placed the glass down, turning towards the kitchens; [i:1qkjs06a]"I have just the room,"[/i:1qkjs06a] she said, turning back to Zana after the small dwarf came walking out of the kitchens; as if LiNeee had somehow called him. The pink apron was askew, but he didn't seem to mind. "Yes, Lady Li?" He said in his rough voice, LiNeee looked down at him and gestured towards Zana; [i:1qkjs06a]"they will need the oak suite, will you go make sure it is all tidy?"[/i:1qkjs06a] The dwarf smiled for once and strode off towards the stairs that lead down to the many dorms.

[i:1qkjs06a]"Now, the suite is beautiful- and it's on the house. Really. Phoebey and Vlad seem to have a friendship, that's a first- trust me. So, stick around as much as you like."[/i:1qkjs06a] LiNeee said to Zana, giving the drowess a large smile and wink as she picked her glass up and took another swig.
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

((OOC: Yet again, my apologies for taking so long.))

IC: Vlad couldn't help but smile Phoebey and her excitement and energy and he followed her.

[i:nrbfukqx]Let's see,[/i:nrbfukqx] he thought, wondering what he felt like eating, even though just about anything sounded good. [i:nrbfukqx]How about a simple elk or deer for now, but if we encounter anything larger, we should take it on. Not much intimidates me.[/i:nrbfukqx] Because of his size, nothing had ever really scared him.

[i:nrbfukqx]I always feel bad for those poor deer, they never stand a chance.[/i:nrbfukqx]

Zana looked into the glass again, but when she saw LiNeee take a drink she felt it was at least somewhat safe. She picked up the glass and took a small sip. The pungent taste flooded her mouth and took over her senses. She shook her head in surprise and swallowed. Being alcohol, it burned it's way down her throat in the pleasant manner that alcohol had. "Wow!" Her eyes lit up. "Damn! That's some good drink you got there, LiNeee! I wasn't expecting such powerful flavor and it takes a little getting used to, but good, non the less."

[quote:nrbfukqx]Now, the suite is beautiful- and it's on the house.[/quote:nrbfukqx]

Zana blinked, then looked her right in the eyes. "Are you sure? Nobody has ever offered such a thing before. I've never met anyone with such kindness." That had taken her completely by surprise. In her entire life, nobody had ever offered to give her something for free or ever been that selfless without even thinking about it.

"And I have to agree with you on Vlad and Phoebey. Vlad has never gotten along with anyone but me as long as he's lived. He's been polite, but he never made friends. He always said one close friend is good enough, and he'd leave it at that. And once again, thank you so much," with her eyes reflecting how much she truly meant it.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:2yggui6t]"No thanks needed and you are truely welcome. You'll grow to learn I'm much different from the rest; well I hope anyway. I was raised a little differently; bruised and battered. Made me who I am today."[/i:2yggui6t] LiNeee told Zana before taking another sip of her drink; smiling around the glass. [i:2yggui6t]"I just hope you like the room, it has a...."[/i:2yggui6t] She searched for the word- [i:2yggui6t]"Den..."[/i:2yggui6t] That would do; [i:2yggui6t]"for Vlad. So make yourselves quite at home."[/i:2yggui6t]

LiNeee turned to the other drowess that had been silently sitting at the bar; tilting her head as if expecting the girl to say something- [i:2yggui6t]"do you need anything else?"[/i:2yggui6t] LiNeee asked her, placing her glass down on the bar-top and flashing a wide grin.

-----

Phoebey gave a small hiss as she bent her front legs; pushing off with her back as she scaled up a tree to the shortest branch. From there she could see across the gardens- and right on the edge, a full grown elk. She looked down at Vlad and almost purred, [i:2yggui6t][color=darkred:2yggui6t]found one! Massive too! We will have to take it down together.[/i:2yggui6t][/color:2yggui6t] She told him, leaping from the tree and taking off at a hastilly sprint; not realising just how hungry she truely was.
Li Neena~

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"I think all of us have a story to tell, whether or you're a typical who grew up in that forsaken place called Menzoberanzzan, or if you grew up apart from all that, shunned from society, beaten, and so on. Your story depicts who you are and what you will become."

Zana looked down at her near empty glass and finished it off. " Got any more of this stuff? It's been a [i:213y5rs1]really[/i:213y5rs1] long day."
C'nor
Maid
Maid

Re: DemonWeb Pit's Tavern of the Underdark.

Post by C'nor »

A black cloak, hooded, and patterned with an elaborate crimson design, is all that can be seen, at first, of the person approaching.

This shrouded figure pauses, examining the sign with interest, and a mild distaste.

[i:35jit6zc]"Hmph. Well, it's a place to sleep, at least, and I still remember the old phrases well enough to pass for a follower that hasn't been back down in a while.[/i:35jit6zc]

As they pull open the door and step, a brief glimpse can be caught of a black-skinned hand, and a dragon-hilted sword at their waist, before the cloak falls closed around them once more.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

It was obvious her visitors were well and truly content with their stay so far, the rude drowess scurried off to bed less than five minutes after she'd past through the doors. Phoebey had glanced back at LiNeee with a wicked tilt to her left brow, [i:2m68ifqz]strange one, 'ere..[/i:2m68ifqz] She'd muttered through the link.

LiNeee busied herself behind the bar once more, wiping out glasses and stacking the fine crystallised bowls on the shelves. One would perhaps think that this was more a job for the slaves, but in all honesty... LiNeee enjoyed the work, that; and she would never keep a slave for her own satisfaction. The light of the fair lady, would just not allow it. Her lips were heavy, moist, with the liquid she'd been drinking tonight, for once not all of it alcoholic. Her lids were slightly droopy as a tune sprung up in her throat, a soft hum that vibrated through her like a whisper. She was oblivious to the traveller that was sombering on in, for once; totally unaware that her bar was being breached.
Li Neena~

C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth was somewhat reassured by the fact that a drowess was doing such work... Though given the name of the place, she couldn't help wondering if the woman was working off a debt to the owner.

The young priestess wondered if she should speak in common or drow... They were, after all, on the surface. But quite clearly, given the name, it was a place for, or at least accepting of, drow - which was backed up by the fact that the woman behind the bar was one. Which, as LiNeee was the only one in Lellienth's sight, proved to be the deciding factor.

Muttering a quick prayer that she had made the right choice, she approached the bar, and said "Vendui. Xun dos inbal jala resut duul'sso? Lu'xal gaer tlu fol cahallin ulu alu xuil mina?"*

*((Or, as there's no reason to make you go and translate it back: "Hello. Do you have any rooms free? And might there be some food to go with them?"))
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

The rhythm of the hum picked up tempo, now a shrill beat that tapped away at the drowesses mind. The corners of her plump lips were turned up ever so slightly, a light smile that was boarded by the feline tilt of her crimson eyes, the colour brandishing against the darkness of her flesh. She'd leaned herself over the bar counter, swiping at spills and picking up empty plates that had been left behind as most trudged off to bed. She wondered when Phoebey would return with Vlad, a slight worry nagged at her, but she was sure it was nothing to actually cause a sitr about. As she put the last of the dishes up on the shelves, now clean and sparkling once again in the low light; LiNeee heard the voice behind her and it hit her like whip lash. She whirled around, a hand sailing to her chest where her small fingers drummed softly on the skin above her heart, an attempt to calm it down perhaps?

A drow stood infront of her, of which origin she wasn't sure considering the heavy layering of robes. LiNeee swallowed a large lung fall back, the familiar tongue of her own kind slightly unnerving, how long had it been since she'd spoken it through her own lips? Her [i:3e9sf0to]calm[/i:3e9sf0to] never wavered as she let her lips strike up a smile, igniting the full tenderness of her features. [i:3e9sf0to]"Vendui gaer. Usstan inbal blynol resut duul'sso, siyo, d'elezz cahallin zhah served doeb ghil. Doer, inbal natha ki lu'Dorn morfeth dos folbol,"[/i:3e9sf0to] she said slowly, leaning forwards over the bar top, her right elbow propping up her torso as her left hand swung down to bring two small goblets up, [i:3e9sf0to]"Vel'bol zhah dosst elg'cahl?"[/i:3e9sf0to] She asked the girl, referring to beverages, of course.

[[ Sorry it took so long, haha. [i:3e9sf0to]Translation:[/i:3e9sf0to] "Hello there, I have several rooms free, yes, though food is served out here. Come, have a seat and I'll make you something." - "What is your poison?" ]]
Li Neena~

C'nor
Maid
Maid

Post by C'nor »

Lellienth sat down, and thought for a moment, before saying "F'sarn stre Usstan xuat zhaun... Ol uriu tlus reiyal natha rena yol Usstan vaen inbalus jalbol jhal niar."

At least, she hoped the woman reffered to beverages. Though she couldn't imagine a succesful tavern that actively poisoned its customers (or at least supplied toxins to anyone who walked in the door), especially so blatantly. Certainly not here on the surface. Unless, maybe, it was a service offered only to drow, or at least drow speakers.

Of course, with a name that... controversial... it certainly wasn't impossible that they would disregard what other races thought, but she doubted that whoever owned the place would ignore how likely it was that someone would take violent offense to it.

((It's fine. [i:4sya7yak]Translation: [/i:4sya7yak]I'm afraid I don't know... It has been quite a while since I last had anything but water.))
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee chuckled and gestured at the barstools in front of her, her long fingers violently attacking the front of her fringe to sweep it backwards off her face. She turned briskly and fluttered over to the far wall, where bottles and bottles of alcoholic and un-alcoholic liquid sat stewing. She tapped her fingers against the coloured glass of one, its long neck pointing triumphantly towards the cavern roof, it was emerald, the liquid inside burning scarlet- or perhaps it was just that it seemed red behind the mirage. Her hand lingered for a single longer moment before withdrawing, landing on the bench below where the bottles were perched, and plucking a piece of parchment. A menu. She returned to the bar, hoping that the other drowess had finally relaxed enough to take a seat, she knew how the other would be feeling; [i:i2471yld]DemonWeb Pit's, above ground, what the hell?![/i:i2471yld] LiNeee had thought of it to lure in those who were still under the spell of Lolth, hoping that maybe once they saw the kindness in herself, they'd jump trains, so to speak. However; she was tired tonight, and perhaps hadn't thought of reassuring the drowess it wasn't just another sink hole.

She dropped the menu on the bar top and folded her arms over her chest delicately, her fingers tapping softly at her biceps, her [i:i2471yld]unmuscled[/i:i2471yld] biceps. She peered down at them with an awkward smile, she really [i:i2471yld]was[/i:i2471yld] out of shape.
[i:i2471yld]"Nindel zhah l'menu, dos orn ragar vel'bol rin'ov dos saph, orn tlu pholor gaer,"[/i:i2471yld] she said to the drowess, a finger lifting from her arm to gesture at the parchment, on which, were listed the few drinks the bar supplied.

[i:i2471yld]Dritalk:[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Abyssal Rainfire - Mead[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Ale[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Almond Brandy[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Alwyr Red - Wine[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Analandrisa Amber Wine[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Blood Mead[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Bran Ale[/i:i2471yld]
[i:i2471yld]Daggered Ale[/i:i2471yld]

There were more on the list, meads and other wines, brandy and spirits. LiNeee placed her finger over [i:i2471yld]Analandrisa Amber Wine,[/i:i2471yld] she smiled at the drowess, [i:i2471yld]"Ka dos saph jhinrae, nindel uss orn'la tlu llieh. Ol zhah ssinjin, lu'uss d'l'finest izwin."[/i:i2471yld] She told her, a smile contorting her lips as she rocked back on her heels so her lower back leant against the adjacent bench. There; she waited for the drow to decide.

[[Translation: That is the menu, you will find what ever you like, will be on there... If you like wine, that one would be perfect. It is sweet, and one of the finest known. ]]
Li Neena~