Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogues iris, shifted slightly back twords their normal color from the sligtest hints of blue. a soft clearing of her throat as she pulled the curtain back into position and got back into the water.
"one never outgrows habits," she started, turning around to let the water begin washing out the shampoo.
"to become complanient normally means death. tho to attack an unarmed ilythiiri is still a challenge," she jested.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Earth," he repeats, mulling that over for a moment. "I THINK I've read accounts of it somewhere- notes from some explorer named Volo or some-such, who apparently has close ties to the Sage of Shadowdale himself. I read that Elminster had visited such a planet a few times. I'm not sure if it's the same one, though- those accounts didn't mention anything like this ship!"

He shakes his head at the minor enigma, and then shrugs. "Still, I don't know whether to envy you or pity you, Pyro. It must be strange not having a real family, but at the same time, I'd have given anything to trade places with you. My own family is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. Those Matrons- and Patrons like the one in my own House- are all ruthless, cruel, and vicious. They kill their own family members for even the slightest failures, or worse still, turn them into half-spider abominations. And some of the orders they give are, well, just plain lunacy. and all they care about is power, and destroying rival houses. I don't think you'd want any part of that."

He pauses for a moment, frowning. "Have any of you ever even met the original person you were all cloned from? Are they even still alive? I seem to recall that magical clones don't awaken until the original being dies. But usually only one at a time becomes active. I think this must be something different, yes?"

"Oh, an intelligent magic mouth! I've always appreciated the practical applications of that sort of magic- mostly for prank value. But I never said that, if anyone asks." He gives the clone a wink and pretends to look innocent, then chuckles. "Yes, I'm one of the ones fom the surface, though I'm hardly a native. Believe it or not, I'm from another world, too. Which is why I'm here, actually. I'd like to see all of the navigational and star charts you have stored, to see if any of them match the stars of my home-world. I'm a bit lost, you see."

Then he frowns for an instant, and addresses the computer voice again, "Oh- and I'd like to see some topographical and composition maps of the planet below, as well as mineral readings, any cavities below the bedrock you might have mapped so far, and tectonic readings. If we're going to hunt down those eggs, I want to narrow down the search. Start with a hundred-mile radius of our last location on the surface, please."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar grinned over at the clone, still looking cocky as he types in a few things to bring up the plane listed as the Prime Material Plane, which would be hazy to a degree, likely containing systems the clones ships likely had not reached, as other parts were clear as day, quite a large amount which showed the star maps known to the ship and it's computers. "Some say there are beings that walk the planes whom have alone devestated entire worlds on their own without the need for Fire Power. In fact, one, that I've read of, is a near wasteland, due to some reason or another, and using magic at all, brings about destruction and death to the land itself. In the Prime material plane, these vessels, will likely rule till someone more advanced comes along. However..." He then types in another thing, bringing up the Abyss, and two other planes. "The planes are infinite, and so are it's denizens. On some of them, the same war has raged since the dawn of time. Good and evil. Devil and demon. All those wars, almost tidally locked. They've consumed countless worlds in their wars, and the things that have been done to people are unspeakable. I'd hypothesize, some of those whom attacked you, are likely in the Abyss now, becoming some minor demon of some sort."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the water was turned off as the washer had finished. the rogue stepped out, not thinking about modesty issues, as it was rarely a thing among the drow. She grabbed the towel and began drying off, then quickly wrapped it around her air.
dressed in her underclothing (think athletic like shorts and chest binding top), she walked back to her bed, hanging the pants on the bar and sat with her shirt. the hole was rather large, but the blood had came out. which she was greatful, as depite that it was given to her by her mother, it was still her favorite shirt.
"maybe I should consider re-enforcing it," holding it up and looking thru to the other beds, then sighing.
Zarae thought hard trying to remember the spell, bitting her lip in contemplation and glaring at the spidersilk, as if trying to will it into working. the first attempt, she spoke the arcane words.
nothing.
she tried again, this time adding the hand movements.
nothing.
Still not quite right. but with each successive attempt, magical energizes would grow, then fizzle out.
she'd been going at it awhile, determined to get it write.
"for once, I wish I'd actually taken Izzmurss' spell book"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Lothir, my friend; do I [b:l8ety3g3]look[/b:l8ety3g3] like I've met the original clones? Hell no!" The look on Lothir's face gave Pyro all the more reason to continue.

"Alright, to put this bluntly, Lothir, we never had any original person to begin with. There was no original person with whom we were cloned with with. We, as in all my brothers and myself, were all created from one vat of ultra-procured DNA, which was selected from a lot of donors, volunteer or not. From the best human DNA, to the best elven genes, we have them all. We are, what you and your fellow Torilians, would call chimera. We are each clones, but we have no original one person with whom we were cloned from. We were taken from a vat of DNA, and matched up perfectly with identical X chromosomes within a glass womb filled with embryonic fluid. So to answer your question, Lothir, no I haven't, because we never had an 'original person' to start with."

ROXI then commented to bard; "and to be honest, music master, if I were magical I would find it hard to believe that the ships crew could integrate into the [i:l8ety3g3]Nighthammer[/i:l8ety3g3] as well as I am right now."

Pyro looked to the bard almost absently at the reference to Elminster; "uhh, who again, Lothir?" The look on Pyro's face gave it away that he was genuinely confused.

The explosives expert then shrugged his shoulders at the bard; "Lothir, just keep in mind that whatever voodoo sorcery that your 'Sage of the Shadowdale' to get to Earth was probably within a parallel time-space dimension."

ROXI then added to the demo-tech's explanation; "in lay-persons terms, Lothir; you're magic wielding sage jumped to Earth, or 'visited it' within the same time-line as Earth was in; likely more than two centuries before the current era that Pyro and the other clones come from, possibly even more than that. The exact time-frame is unknown, but based on the information you just gave us, I would narrow it down to between the year 1998 and 2020 when your sage visited our once beautiful Earth."

Pyro's face then took on a grim expression; "yeah those were the years before the [b:l8ety3g3]true[/b:l8ety3g3] shit storm began."

However, as ROXI brought up the star charts and Geo-radiological scans from the surface, Pyro shook his head clear of the thoughts. Pyro glanced over the star charts, nothing surprising about them, given the fact that he had already gone over them about a dozen times, like all the other clones.

"These are your requested star charts, Lothir;" came ROXI's artificial voice.

"Here we are," spoke Pyro, pointing up to a red triangle on the holographic chart, which was where Toril and the [i:l8ety3g3]NIghthammer[/i:l8ety3g3] were;" and this," Pyro brought both of his gloved hands up to the star chart, and with one opening motion, widened it to where it showed the entire expanse of Toril, and all the encompassing space around it, which was continuing to get wider and wider, revealing more and more stars and more systems as well, "is the the current galactic space that we know of as of right now, which will continue to grow and grow as our deep-space FTL probes scurry the surrounding space around it."
The space that had been covered and was shown on the holo-chart was measurable into the 100,000's of light-years.
((Aly, I'll leave whether or not Lothir recognizes anything up to you))

Depending on how much of the knowledge of the [i:l8ety3g3]Nighthammer[/i:l8ety3g3] and its tech Lohtir had processed, he may or may not be taken aback by how much space the ship had already stored away in the short time that it had been within Toril's system.

Pyro then keyed in a few notes from his last debriefing, and then nodded to Lothir, thinking that the bard might be trying to pull the hood over his head with something.
However, ROXI threw that thought out of the ball park when she configured a multilayer, 3-D map of the bards requested coordinates. PYro, knowing the full idea of tectonics and such waves, decided to add his own knowledge to the mix, looking quickly over the entire 100 mile map and shaking his head at the the readings. "nothing to suggest that there's any nest within that area that we left in."

"Lothir, I'm picking up a strange phenomena within the underground workings the continent, as well as a hundreds of undreground caverns in the area that you specified," ROXI said to Lothir, bringing up a map of the area that the team had just left; the map showed the underground caverns, which any of the natives of the team would recognize to be the Underdark, as well as strange, eerie green blotches that doted those underground caverns.
"These readings are not within the biological spectrum at all," ROXI confirmed before either clone or bard could get anything to say in. "Lothir, is there any spots of this 'magic' that you and the other natives seem to be able to wield within the underground of the land area you specified?"

=================

Edge looked deadpan at Ryltar with the information that he gave.
However, the clone shook his head, grinning; "I really shouldn't be saying this, but if this planar map is accurate;" he waved a hand to Lynx's map; "then we've known about this for a LONG time, just never had the ability to visit. From where we come from it's called 'dimensional travel'. From what you've shown me, I'd say that the idea is the same, wording is just screwed up due to differences in culture and social norms and such."

"Anywho, Lynx, I believe I promised you that you could look over a few of the the more complex mathematics that we use to travel the stars, yess?" When Edge got his confirmation from Lynx, he walked over to a secondary station, typed in a few simple commands and transferred them to the main screen so all three could see.

A huge file, a hundred pages worth of text, started to scroll across the screen. Complex calculus, linear algebra, followed by even more complex math flowed onto the screen, numbers, symbols and more dashing across the eyes of the wizard and magess.
The clone looked to Lynx, and grinned somewhat; "this is just the base principles and equations our ships use to bend time-space around us and travel in FTL." The clone gazed at Lynx for a split second; "Lynx, you're a spellcaster, like your dark-skinned boyfriend here right? Why would you be interested in the idea of technology like the bits and pieces that we possess?"

Edge grinned slightly towards Lynx and Ryltar; "Though I'm sure that some of your nice [b:l8ety3g3]magic[/b:l8ety3g3] would be able to help appropriate that knowledge, here we are just handing it to you; I feel somewhat like a freeloader myself."

Then a genuine curious expression crossed the clone's face; "tell me something, Ryltar, Lynx," Edge looked at each of them in turn of saying their respective names; "from what I've read in my debriefing given by my squad leader, drow on your world Toril, hate your surface cousins. So why do you travel with Lynx here, or are you one of those genuine exceptions to the general rule?"

=====================

Myria continued to get dressed, despite Zarae's abrupt end to her shower. When she had fastened on her shirt, the LT turned around and watched with mild fascination as Zarae tried to use magic to repair her laser-burned shirt.

Myria smiled a tad, and walked over to the drowess, saying "you know, it might be better if you just simply let one of the MFN factories repair that for you? Take maybe 15 minutes tops, and you wouldn't even realize that the shirt had been shot."

"Or you could dress in something more ideal for you species? Like this," she tossed Zarae a small tank-top, made of comfortable, breathable fabric, "while your shirt is repaired, and made brand new. From what I've seen, you don't seem the type to mind being a bit more of the flirty type; especially after that bout in the hanger with that rambunctious musician your folks call a 'bard'. I think you might pick up a rogue marine or even a random clone with that attire." Myria giggled slightly to the thought of Zarae with a random one of Onix's clone brethren."
Last edited by veraka on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Nice post, V! Very thorough of you.... :p

IC: The drow furrows his brows at all the information Pyro gives him, then shakes his head. "Im not entirely sure what all of that means, but it's nothing likethe sort of clones I'm familiar with. Those are grown from a small piece of one person, by magical elixirs and rituals. I don't know the exact details, mind you, as I've never been especially good with conventional magic. Mine is more- power of the soul. Or something like that. I don't really know HOW it works, it just DOES. And I'm finding all of this incredibly fascinating. A very different way of doing things than what I'm familiar with."

He shrugs then begins to look over the charts, searching through the myriad of stars for something recognizable. "You have any other life-bearing worlds on this chart? There's one in particular that might help me find what I'm looking for- a small one called Krynn, with three moons; one of them is red, and the others are black and white, respectively. Actually, my own world has three moons, too, but it's much bigger, I think. There might also be another world or two, both with single moons, fairly large, and with high levels of the eminations you mentioned. If I can get a fix on one or two of those worlds, it might give me an idea where mine is."

He looks up at Pyro's comment about the sage. "WHO!? Oh, sorry, I forgot you're not from around here- he's one of the most knowledgable and powerful mages in all Faerun, and older than dirt, or so I hear. Never met him, myself- just heard stories about him. But if anyone here would know about your world, he would. He's been there several times, from what I've heard and read, and in several different time-periods. Now that you mention it, time moves differently with planar travel, so it might have skewed the visits into what you would call the past, even though he's still kicking in the present here. He's been around for CENTURIES! Part of being a 'Chosen', I guess. Magic is complicated." He shrugs again, giving him a "beats me" look.

"And since you asked, yes, there ARE places of magic power underground. We call them earth Nodes- and they radiate Faer'zress. That's 'magic that remains' or 'dominating magic' in my own language. It's powerful stuff, interferes with teleporting or divining spells, and causes weapons or other items placed near it to become slightly magical themselves- that is, stronger, able to harm creatures that normal weapons cannot hurt, that sort of thing. The only down-side is that it disintegrates in sunlight once it's been exposed to the faer'zress. But highly useful underground."

He looks over the charts, then over at the geological readings, tracing the tunnels mapped out, looking for likely sites for the nest. At last, he points to three separate spots in the vast network. "One of these- I'm sure of it. They all match the requirements Onix mentioned, and all three are within the range of where we found that bug. We may need to split up into several groups to search them all, though." Sure enough, the three locations he has pointed to are all deep within the mountains of the area where the leecher had been found, and all fairly far apart.

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin poked at the black substance and said, "Why do I get the feeling that you chose a drink only someone on a dare would drink?"

Copying Stalker's cheer replied, "And may our blades stay sharp and our eyes keen." Then drank the liquor. The pain of it going down his throat made him think for a second that he might have been tricked into drinking poison that the clones were immune to.

After some seconds of pain, and a few involuntary twitches to go along, it subsided. He coughed out, "That's as bad as some of the stuff my brother brews in his alchemy lab!" He took a few seconds to steady himself and as he looked around he continued, "And about my cheer, I'm not so certain about the vision part after that."

Grisnaw entered the bar and sat down next to Drakin.

"I thought you were going with Ironside to the weapon bay," he said to the gargoyle.

"Pssh, I lost track of him," Gris complained, crossing his arms, "I got sidetracked and ended up here after wandering around."

The gargoyle waved the bartender over and asked for whatever these two were drinking. The Blackhole slid in front of him, picking him up he saluted the two and said, "Bottoms up!" and threw back the liquor. After it went down he licked his lips and said, "I like it. We should order some more."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue seam to consider it, but she would not be defeated by such a simple spell, she had to remember it correctly.
"well, spidersilk is not just fabric. it has magical properties in itself," holding it up to allow her to feel it. it was like a thick heavy shirt, yet it was like simple armor. and of course allowed for the most movement.
back to another attempt, her hand in mid sequence reached up on instinct to catch the shirt coming at her. the spell already fizzled out, she held it up, giving the woman a look.
"more my species? then I would need less clothes than this," she chuckled, then slightly blushed at the mention of the flirting with the bard.
"oh, no....I um, am not to...skilled in [i:h2a7u6g9]those [/i:h2a7u6g9]things. besides, I remember what guys back home went for anyway. and it was not homely twigs."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Response to Lothir, Zarae, and Drakin

Post by veraka »

Pyro looked at the maps of Toril while ROXI scanned the updating star charts of the current galactic charts for Lothir's indicated moons.

"Master Lothir," came the AI's mechanical voice; "I believe that I've located a few potential locations of your home-world." ROXI highlighted five different locations on the galaxy map.
"These locations are ones that I have calculated to a 99.95 percent accuracy for these locations being like that of which you described. However, many anomalies remain within the sectors that I cannot calculate. In truth, we cannot verify any biological life on any of the planets or their moons at this moment in time. I had hoped to give you better information than this, but sadly, it is all that our probes are capable of transmitting at the moment. However, you might be interested to know that these two sectors" ROXI highlighted the designated areas on the map, both of which lay on the near outer edges of the galactic arms, "match up with the neighboring planets you described. Something for future reference perhaps."

A mild suspicious tone emanated from Pyro as he went over the charts of Toril's surface, his brow furrowed in analysis of the maps of the surface rock and the magic in the Underdark that the sensors detected. The clone wasn't quite sure what to make of a few of the areas that Lothir had pointed out; one in particular looked all to familiar to him but the odd thing was it was in one of those highlighted green areas, indicating the presence of Underdark magic.

"Weird, seems almost too perfect, but then why would there be so much magic in the area" the clone turned to Lothir; "Lothir, what is this area right [b:13dc7jym]here[/b:13dc7jym]?" Pyro pointed a finger up to the Sword Coast, just north of Waterdeep.

=====================

Stalker drank another Blackhole, his fist tightening to near death grips on the shot glass as he slammed it onto the bar; "Ahhh that hits the spot."

Seeing the flying imp take a first shot at a Blackhole, Stalker nearly goes drop jaw until his mind tells him that this is a gargoyle after all. Even as the bartender slid a bottle of Blackhole liquor in front of Grisnaw, the clone sharpshooter started working at what

"Hmm, maybe we should give him a Novabuster to top it all off, see if he can handle [b:13dc7jym]that[/b:13dc7jym], ehhh?" Stalker elbowed Drakin to emphasize his point at feeding the imp something that was considered partially toxic by all standards of drinks.

======================

Myria giggled all the more from Zarae's reaction; "so you don't mind getting stark naked in front of a ship full of clones and marines, and yet aren't skilled in the ways of dating and courtship? Seems kind of abstract a dark elf. Besides, you obviously do not know our marines or Clones aside from MGS Theta-180 and his squad. almost all of them don't care about looks, they go more for personality and attitude."

======================

[color=blue:13dc7jym]Down in the [i:13dc7jym]Nighthammer's[/i:13dc7jym] research lab, teams of scientists, analysts and xenobiologists worked furiously to uncover what they could about the dead Leecher queen that Theta Squad and the team of natives had delivered to them.

One young biologist glanced over the tissue samples taken from the queen, his eyes racing over the data that was coming in from the lab analysis. Something caught his eye that was very strange.

"Professor," he called over to his superior; a tall, older human walked over to him and asked "Yes, Mark; what is it?"

"Professor, look at these." Mark pointed at the readings, which gave off slight readings of an unknown radiation. The Professor adjusted his monocle, looking over the data that Mark had indicated to him.

"By God, is this accurate?" he asked, his expression quickly changing to one of horror.

"Yes, Professor; we ran the results five different times, all of them came out with this same indication."

The Professor grew stern, turning to a young dark elf corporal, he said "get the Captain down here immediatly, as well as that team that brought back the Queen to us. They're going to want hear this."[/color:13dc7jym]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae faked a hurt at the giggle on her account. she sat there, looking off into the distance listening to the irony of the truth.
"there's total difference tween the two," the rogue defending herself, somewhat. she wasnt as series as she pretended to be, the half smiling proving it, "give me a pocket to pick, a lock to crack, I got it," she replied, adjusting the chain around her neck with the sword pendents.
Zarae finally hopped up, still dress in her [url=http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... g:33efp7ar]small clothes[/url:33efp7ar] (ignore the beach aspect.)[/size:33efp7ar] she hung the top next to her pants, still distrubed by the large hole, and more by what happened after the shot. rambling thru her pack for another set of clothing, the tank top tossed to her still on the bed.
"eh, I dont care to impress any jaluk," she bluffed still shuffling around in the pack.
it was more to herself, but she knew she could not get close to anyone, even if she wanted to.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin gave Stalker a smirk, "Be my guest, feed him whatever you want, the gods know my brother did. But, whatever he breaks is on your tab."

"Novabuster?" Grisnaw asked, "Is that similar to a Gutbuster dwarves make. Stuff doesn't taste good, but it has kick."

"Yea," Drakin agreed, "One strong enough to either kill you or keeps you awake, even if you're hit by drow sleeping poison. Which is very strong my out-world friend. The tiniest prick can send most creatures to sleep."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[i:1lfzbg42]Finally!![/i:1lfzbg42] the giant tiger sang, literally as the armor was removed form his body. It's not like he hadn't enjoyed it, he just go claustrophobic quickly. He looked around and didn't see Zana. [i:1lfzbg42]Qua? Where'd she go? Zana, where are you?[/i:1lfzbg42] he asked.

[i:1lfzbg42]Having some fun,[/i:1lfzbg42] came her reply as she snooped around, crouched low to the ground in the kill house. With the armor on she felt loud and ill concealed, but after nearly getting shot, she understood completely why it was a necessity. She'd had too much experience with getting shot in the past and it was he goal to avoid it as much as possible this time.

The kill house was set up so that there were multiple levels all over, simulating a different kind of environment she was used to. They had building simulations with different setups on each level. These places looked so foreign to her, the furniture, the decorations, the technology, everything.

She opened the door to one small building and peeked around the corner. Clear. She scanned the ground and around for any traps, magic or not, just in case and saw a faint red light on the opposite side of the room. It was coming from under a table, and it was right next to the door on the other side. She pulled out the hand gun she had equipped before entering and placed the rifle on her back and slowly approached the place the red light was coming from. She peered under the table and found it was a rectangular piece of metal with two small beams coming out from it. Assuming a trap, she stood back and shot it.

[i:1lfzbg42]Bang![/i:1lfzbg42] The sound of the gun going off and the trap blowing up resonated through the room, startling her by how loud it was. "Damn," she rubbed one ear. "Why so loud? So much for stealth," she mumbled, bow preferring her bow. At least that didn't make any noise, unlike this which was pretty much just calling out to everyone around saying 'Look at me, I'm right here!'.

She was about to move positions when she heard someone at the door. The door opened as did the other one. She had been flanked. She hid behind the table as best she could until she saw the feet on the first. She aimed down the sights an shot the man's foot. She heard a sharp yelp and the foot disappeared as the man jumped onto his good foot. The other came around just as Zana stood, catching her off guard, in a flash she whipped the sniper rifle off her back and struck him across the head with the butt of the rifle, surprising both him and her at the unorthodox move. She blitzed it out of the room, slamming the door and she ran down the stairs onto open compound.

[i:1lfzbg42]How goes it?[/i:1lfzbg42]Vlad asked, entering her mind.

[i:1lfzbg42]This is NOT the fighting I'm used to,[/i:1lfzbg42] Zana said back. She found a nice place for cover and laid on her stomach aiming down the sights of the sniper rifle. Someone ran by, a hundred feet away, filling the high zoom scope. She followed him and took a shot. Nothing happened, he didn't fall or nothing. [i:1lfzbg42]Shit,[/i:1lfzbg42] she said to herself as she missed. She slid the bolt back and let it ping forward, sliding the next round into place. The man had disappeared.

A sharp pain exploded on the back of her thigh causing her to yell and jump in surprise and pain. She rolled around and saw the trooper she had shot at with a pistol in his hand. She eyes grew wide as she rolled right as the next shot planted itself into the ground where she had been. She brought the sniper rifle to her hip and fired, near point blank at the man. He staggered backwards, a nice hole in his armor.

"Screw this," Zana rolled onto her feet and booked it, pistol drawn. A shot zinged past her, grazing her shoulder and she turned still running and took a shot at the man, she turned to face front again and collided dead on with another solider, who had just come out of a building. The impact set them both staggering backwards trying to catch their balance. He took a shot at her and the bullet punctured her abdomen armor. Enraged at this whole set up, she threw herself t the man tackling him, and shoved her armored fist into his helmeted face. He grabbed her arm and threw her off as if she were just a bug and slammed his fist into jaw. Zana shook it off, though it had stung and she knew it would bruise and since she was on her back and he was now standing she kicked out with her legs catching him full in the stomach. She jumped up as he caught his balance and the two engaged in hand to hand combat.

[i:1lfzbg42]Common, let's go,[/i:1lfzbg42]Vlad's thoughts interrupted her.

"What?" she said aloud, ducking as the solider's fist came at her head again.

She saw the soldier cock his head to the side, questioning her question.

"I've got a demanding tiger," she explained, jumping out of the way again.

"A tiger?" he asked, barely winded.

"Yup." She dove for the door, and slammed it shut behind her, ending the duel. She had never liked straight up fist to fist fighting. Plus she was hungry again and tired. She quickly found an exit and rendezvoused with Vlad.

[i:1lfzbg42]Finally.[/i:1lfzbg42]

[i:1lfzbg42]Shut up.[/i:1lfzbg42]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Veraka, you DO realize that this mission is over a year before he actually found it, right? You really LOVE making things complicated for me, don't you? :roll: :devil: :evillol: :tear:

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Hearing that there might indeed be a chance of returning home, the bard falls silent, uncertain of how he feels about the prospect. On one hand, he desperately wants to return to Vala, to the bond they share. On the other hand, he knows that he has never truly belonged to the world he was born to. The surface folk there view him as a criminal or worse, simply for what he is, and his own kind would gleefully use or kill him for their own ends. What life is there for him then? His only remaining tie is Vala, and the budding love they had experienced only briefly before his blundering departure.

"Thank you, ROXI", he says in an off-hand tone, as if it is of little importance. "You said you could not verify any life on those worlds? Why?" He wonders if some calamity has fallen on his home- did the wicked masters who created the leechers somehow unleash them on Anterris? Is his entire world dead? It is a sobering thought.

For the moment though, the leecher nest is more important, he knows. Home can wait- keeping THIS world from becoming a barren waste destroyed by those abominations is the priority. Besides, there will be time later to search more thoroughly.

He looks down at the spot Pyro has indicated on the coast, and his brow furrows as he tries to remember the locations in that region from the maps he has seen. "I think that is a temple and library complex," he says, scratching his head in recollection. "They call it Candlekeep, I think. It's a repository of just about ll the knowledge ever known on this world. In fact, I was planning on going there eventually, if I don't find anything on my home elsewhere first. Surely someone there would know of it, if anyone does. Why do you ask?"

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

"Lynx and I have traveled for some time, and during out travels have grown closer. She is my apprentice and has proved herself to me more times than I can count. While I do have dislike for some surfacers, I'm far more pragmatic then most of my cousins. I'm not against allying with surfacers if my goals are achieved. Besides, my House lives on the surface. We were driven out by the Spider Kissers that dwell in the Night Below." He glanced over to Lynx now, giving her a small smile, looking to see if she'll add anything.