Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar gaze Lynx an inquisitive look as she motioned for him to rise and began to flip through her spellbook. He crossed his arms across his chest, looking thoughtful until she revealed what she had wished for him to do. [i:24jeek2w]"Lynx! You're brilliant![/i:24jeek2w]" he exclaimed. [i:24jeek2w]"I believe we have the necessary components in these bags, so all I'd need to do is prpeare them so that I could cast them on us. Shall I do so?"[/i:24jeek2w]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The young marine, whom was crying her eyes out in Onix's arms, looked up from her armored shoulder res, as both Zarae and Lothir started to read their divided [i:zhp4fpc4]Raise Dead[/i:zhp4fpc4] scrolls upon the corpses.

When Zarae read the scroll over her dead love, the young female marine raised her brows in utter astonishment as she watched what happened. When all was over and done, the male marine opened his eyes, breathed in deeply and out again.

As he got up, the marine was quickly smothered as his fiance embraced him a literally, he'd been raised from the dead. He embraced her in a hug, and then looked over to see Onix and the Theta's, as well as half of the medical staff who weren't busy, staring at him.
Then Onix smiled and gave him a thumbs up; with marine replied as with a two-finger salute to the clone as he returned the very tight hug to his lover.

One by one, life giving air was sucked into each and every single marine who'd been killed in the line of duty. When Lothir and Zarae (I'm gonna go with the both of ya) got to the clones who'd been gunned down, Onix's face went hard as steel, as Edge.
Ironside, Pyro and Stalker all looked over as the two drow began to use the scrolls upon the clones' fallen brothers. As they began, one set of ocean blue orbs opened to Zarae standing overhead.

"What the. . . " the clone asked, sitting up upon the gurney; "Did I get shot?"

Stalker came over and pointed down to his brothers OMNI armor. Looking down the clone found himself looking at carbon scoring and burned holes in his armor. He looked up and around. Seeing Zarae, he stood upon the ground, and gave her a polite, but low bow.
"Thank you ma'am," was all he said, however as Stalker turned his brother around and gave his brother clap on the shoulder.
"Good to have ya back," was all the sniper said.

When the last of the fallen clone commandos was resuscitated, the medical room erupted into one big roar of approval for the Toril natives. Even Onix found himself cheering for his Toril friends.

When the medical bay settled down, Ire'vae came over to Onix.

"Sergeant 180; Captain Witmor would like to speak to you;" she held up a comm.

Onix took it as the rest of the Theta's helped the now revitalized marines and fellow brothers out with whatever they needed.

"Yes, Captain?" Onix asked, a tad confused.

"Master Gunnery Sergeant Theta-180," came a stern voice over the comm; "I need you and your entire squad to report to the bridge."

"Yes Sir."

"[b:zhp4fpc4]With[/b:zhp4fpc4] your planet-side friends, as well," said Witmor on the other end of the line.

A lump formed in Onix's throat; the clone knew that he and his squad had broken regulations by allowing Zarae, Lynx, and the others to use the ships cannons and point-defense turrets, but to have [b:zhp4fpc4]them[/b:zhp4fpc4] reprimanded as well. He didn't like the idea of his decision having consequences for the others, even his own squad.

"Sir, with all due. . . "

"That's an order, soldier," interrupted the captain.

"Sir," replied Onix with a sullen voice.

Just as Onix switched off the comm, Pyro looked over and spoke; "now what does 'Jolly Rodger' want?"

"To see us on the bridge, ASAP, along with all of them," Onix replied, indicating Lothir, Lynx, Ryltar, Zarae, Zana, Maryne, Scar and Drakin with a knocked out Grisnaw.

"What?! What did they do?" exclaimed Edge.

"I'm not sure, Edge; but orders are orders. So that means they go with us to. . "

"WHAT!?" roared Pyro; "they're not to be blamed. We were ambushed. Hell if it wasn't for all of their help, we'd have probably been space dust out there right now."

"The bridge!" Onix finished, throwing Pyro a stern look of disapproval; "[b:zhp4fpc4]However[/b:zhp4fpc4], as acting squad leader, and the one who made the call, [b:zhp4fpc4]and[/b:zhp4fpc4] gave the order for them to assist us for that last battle, the responsibility is mine, and mine alone. So that being said, we'll report to the bridge as soon as everyone is capable to do so and ready as well."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir looks across at the squad after finishing the last scroll, and frowns darkly. "Why would they be angry about us helping fend off the attack?" he asks, puzzled. Weren't you the one saying earlier that one should use whatever means are necessary to win a fight? Just tell him we are your newest weapon against the fools who created those bugs. And speaking of- should we not get down to the business of finding those eggs before they hatch?" He asks, one white brow raised in query.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"for once, I think I can say, 'i didnt do it'" she said coming over and putting the last of the now empty sheets into her pouch.
"and as he says, we need to get about the task."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx just widened her eyes and bobbed her head hastily, then smirked a bit. Her pale lips curled as the elf appeared amused, then, as Onix began talking, she frowned, rummaging in her pouch fast to find the proper components for Ryltar's spells. [i:3i3qk2zn]Soon I will not be so locked up in the silence anymore.[/i:3i3qk2zn] The thought gave her hope.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar took the gathered components and nodded to Lynx. He had heard the comm message from the Bridge, to Onix, and muttered quietly. He didn't like getting dragged off, and didn't want to just when he reunited with Lynx. Pretending he didn't hear the clone, if only to buy himself a few moments more with the Sun Elf before him, he moved his hands and uttered the incantations for first, the telepathy spells, and then the permanancy ones. A slight tingling in his head, would signal the success of both spells, still he wanted to be sure. Closing his eyes, he'd stay silent as he tried to speak to Lynx, mentally through their new telepathic bond. [i:1q6v51y7]"Can you hear me Lynx?"[/i:1q6v51y7]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

There was a rush of emotions. Disbelief, excitement and an eerie sensation of relief. [color=darkblue:d9qbp4e1][i:d9qbp4e1]"Yes, I can... Thanks the Queen... Hated being silenced so! Glad it worked!"[/i:d9qbp4e1][/color:d9qbp4e1] The burst of her thoughts flooded him for a moment until she regained her composure, moving to put her arms around the drow wizard. [color=darkblue:d9qbp4e1][i:d9qbp4e1]"Suppose we need to go with our new friend now".[/i:d9qbp4e1][/color:d9qbp4e1]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar returned the embrace and then nodded to her. [i:38ogfn8n]"Indeed, it seems as though we should."[/i:38ogfn8n] Turning to Onix, he gave a nod. "When do we leave for the Bridge then?"
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana looked about in amazement and she saw the soldiers get revived. "Damn. I wish I could do that."

[i:t4tsgyf6]Very impressive,[/i:t4tsgyf6] Vlad nodded his head in approval.

They heard the captain speak over the comm and everyone's reactions. "I wonder if he's truly angry," Zana thought, outloud. "We just helped take down a swarm of enemies that could have easily destroyed this ship without us, and not to mention Zarae and Lothir healed half his fleet."

[i:t4tsgyf6]Good point, perhaps I can role over and give him the puppy eyes...if you will.[/i:t4tsgyf6] He said to both Zana and the Thetas. [i:t4tsgyf6]Wait, ugh, first i have to get this armor off,[/i:t4tsgyf6] he squirmed a bit and grunted. [i:t4tsgyf6]This...isn't ...working...[/i:t4tsgyf6] He flipped onto his back and kicked. [i:t4tsgyf6]Maybe I can kick it off...[/i:t4tsgyf6]

Zana laughed at the comical scene. "You're being beaten by an inanimate object," she shook her head in amusement.

[i:t4tsgyf6]Well, you know, maybe if I knew how to get the cursed thing off. And don't start, I've seen you have the same thing happen to you, smart one. So shut it.[/i:t4tsgyf6] He referred back to the clones, [i:t4tsgyf6]There has to be an easier way to get it off. But seeing as you're bipedal and have arms...Mine don't work quite that way. Is there a button I have to push? A mental command?[/i:t4tsgyf6] he continued to try and kick it off, flailing on his back.

"Unbelievable," Zana mumbled, smiling, head in hand, shaking it back and forth.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

When Onix heard that all of his team was ready, he signaled for Theta squad to form up, and bade the team to follow him to the bridge.
The clones fell in line behind Onix, whether in exo-armor or not, as their squad leader led them out of the medical bay, taking a right and proceeding down the hallway towards the lifts.

With Maryne, her cat and Scar up front with Onix, the other clones decided to spark up quick conversations before the team reached the lifts, and then, the bridge.

While the team walked down towards the lifts, Pyro leaned over to Lothir and said; "truth be told Lothir, I'm not sure [b:1zuk998z]why[/b:1zuk998z] ol' Jolly Rodger wants us, including you guys, up on the bridge. If it's for a breaking SOPs, then you guys shouldn't be worrying too much about it. If anything, it'll be to tell us to get some rest. However, if the Captain [b:1zuk998z]does[/b:1zuk998z] wish to punish someone, well he's gonna have to get through our squad leader first, and [b:1zuk998z]believeee[/b:1zuk998z] me, Sarge is one tough clone to shake when he's adamant about something for his team."

"And, Zarae, what exactly did you mean, 'you can honestly say, you didn't do it'?" Pyro asked, turning to Zarae.

Behind the demolotionist, Edge walked alongside Ryltar and Lynx, curious as to what exactly the two were doing. Edge picked up on the fact that Lynx was communicating with the drow wizard, but was unsure of as to the [b:1zuk998z]how[/b:1zuk998z] of it.
When he had the chance, he asked, "pardon me, Ryltar; but [b:1zuk998z]how[/b:1zuk998z] exactly are you talking with Lynx? It's obvious to me, that the two of you are communicating somehow, but I'm not seeing, or hearing for that matter, Lynx say a thing. Is this more of that fancy magic that you guys use?"

Stalker walked next Drakin, with the still-helmeted Grisnaw near them.
"Curiosity, assassin; have you ever shot at a range before? And before you ask, I'm referring to a longer range than throwing knives," the sniper said in his odd, deep, but slightly growling voice to Drakin, glancing over at the half-drow.
"And speaking of curiosity; where in the hell did you find [b:1zuk998z]him[/b:1zuk998z]?" The sniper pointed to the fat winged imp.

Ironside brought up rear, along with Zana and the still armored Vlad. Glanicing first to the cat, then to Zana, the clone remarked:
"Ya know, I bet there's a couple things I could do to that furball of yours to give him an added edge in combat, when he we have to take the exo-armor off of him."

As all of the Theta's, save Onix, were talking about, they arrived at the lifts. Depressing two buttons, Onix signaled for two lifts to come and take them all up to the bridge.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

[quote:dfo2lqu9]"And, Zarae, what exactly did you mean, 'you can honestly say, you didn't do it'?" Pyro asked, turning to Zarae. [/quote:dfo2lqu9]
the rogue gave her best, 'innocent' look, then winked to the clone.
"well, I have been known to be a bit of a trouble maker. rebellious at times. but you have a sister like mine, grow up in a noble drow house, see if you dont resent traditions and rules and laws."
she smiled, following tho unlike the soldiers, not in the orgainzed line formation. she walked slightly out of step, to the side and casually.
"at least that what i was told. I learned not to get caught after the first time our mother used the scourge of fangs. Nilree got it worse, being male."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard frowns as he walks along behind Onix, and turns to Pyro curiously. "Jolly Roger? Why did you call your commander that? Is he some sort of pirate? I have reservations about anyone named for a flag of death..." He gives Pyro a dubious look, and shrugs. "Well, if your revered leader here is so ferocious, I'll remember to keep a raw steak handy for emergencies," he jokes, grinning.

Then he turns to Zarae, and looks at her seriously. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. You had a brother? You haven't spoken much about your family- I assume the reason is much the same as mine."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

there was a bit of sadness in the rogues eyes, shown by the slight shift to an indigo color as she nodded.
"yes, my twin brother Nilree. we were often 'partners in crime.' very close, until...well our house fell. we were escaping, and..."
she paused in telling. the pain and loss haven not really gone away. of all her family, he had been the only one who seamed like family, especially compared to what she'd seen on the surface world and their families.
the memories of that day were still vivid. possibly more so than the attack on the city that lead her to the surface. she'd learned byrumors, pure miracle, he'd made it to the surface. but in her search, she found only more questions.
"well, its in the past. theres other things to worry about now. like how to get out trouble thats coming. or if that pillow calling for us is to soft or lumpy," she jested.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar simply smiled over at Edge, it was one of those "gloating" type smiles, as he percieved weakness in the clone, and an inability to grasp right off how he and Lynx were communicating, or the details of it. He'd pause mid stride and turned to him, hoping Lynx would do so as well. [i:3380iicp]"While you're people appear to be technologically advanced, or were.. Rather, to myself and Lynx, something that is no longer true thanks to someones spell... You appear to have little grasp of the arcane. Seeing as how Lynx is presently unable to speak, or cast things with somatic components, she brilliantly deduced that she and I would at least be able to communicate via a telepathy spell, followed by an enchantment spell called Permancey. Both fall under one of the schools I specialize in, so casting both was merely a hat trick to myself, as they'd be with Lynx as she's focused her attention on those types of spells as well. It allows us to communicate mentally, and shall prove to be very instrumental in the future, I think."[/i:3380iicp] After finishing the explanation, he'd continue to smirk, looking rather pleased with himself, and percieving that maybe he had belittled the clone slightly, though he wasn't aware if the clone would take it as that, he could silently hope.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[i:1e08nslk]Humm?[/i:1e08nslk] Vlad perked his head up. He had attempted to get the armor off, and failed. [i:1e08nslk]This suit is very nice and all, but you mentioned something extra I can carry, other than this exoskeleton? Because personally, I'm not much of an arachnid, snake, or bug, so I prefer my own skin. Freakin' snake anyways, [/i:1e08nslk] he said as a side thought.

Zana rolled her eyes at the thought of the snake they'd been forced to work with in the past. She pulled the sniper rifle off her back. "While we're walking, could you perhaps explain to me exactly how his thing works?" she asked Ironsides, aiming down the sights at the clone. She wrapped her finger around the trigger. "I'm assuming this is the device that shoots the projectile, correct?"

Vlad laughed, nervously, [i:1e08nslk] Heh he, last thing you need is another weapon.[/i:1e08nslk]