Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin paused for a little before responding to the clone's question, "Yes, I have shot at range before. Longbow and a poisoned tipped arrow from a good range. Now, if your asking if I shot someone from the range that is capable of," he nodded at the rifle strapped to his back, "then I can't say I have. Still I prefer the blade, more reliable than an arrow, more accurate, and, in my opinion, over all more deadly. If a target has, say, plate armor, that can be hard for even a good longbow to pierce at longer ranges and, at that range, near impossible to hit a crease. No, give me a good blade anytime."

"As for the gargoyle," Drakin continued with a glance at the gargoyle, "he's my brother's."

"Hey!" the Grisnaw yelled at him, "He doesn't own me. I just choose to be there."

"And as you can see he likes to express his opinion."

The gargoyle threw Drakin a rude gesture and fell a little back.

"As for where he came from, I think Drakashin, my brother, told me he was in servitude to a lich that he helped defeat a while back." He finished with a shrug.

"I was not a servant! I was merely bored and it provided me with some entertainment." Came the Grisnaw's response.

"Yes, yes. You've said that already."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx paused and turned, listening to Ryltar's explanation with a smile. [color=blue:dqt2saf9][i:dqt2saf9]I like that you compliment me[/i:dqt2saf9][/color:dqt2saf9]. Her teasing thought reached him. [i:dqt2saf9][color=darkblue:dqt2saf9]Not a common thing, really.[/color:dqt2saf9][/i:dqt2saf9] Then the elf looked to Edge and smiled to him, palelipped. [color=blue:dqt2saf9][i:dqt2saf9]Tell him, Ryltar, that we can set such connection between all the team, should they want it. It does not even have to be permanent.[/i:dqt2saf9][/color:dqt2saf9]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Twin sets of lift doors hissed open and the clones then entered the lifts, separating into two smaller groups so to as to accommodate all of the team on one trip.

Onix and Ironside, along with Maryne, Scar, Zana and a still armored Vladimir stepped into the first lift which opened up on the lift, while Pyro, Edge, Stalker with Lothir, Zarae, Ryltar, Lynx, along with Drakin and Grisnaw took the other lift. Within both there was a bit of room left within each lift.

As the second lift ascended next to the first one, Pyro looked to Lothir with a dubious expression, and then burst out laughing, his voice being one of joyfulness.
"Lothir, the whole [b:1hnpoh3e]crew[/b:1hnpoh3e] knows Captain Whitmor as the good ol' 'Jolly Rodger'. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the name circulated throughout the entire fleet about him and that name." Both Edge and Stalker chuckled at the demolitionist's comment.

"To put it bluntly," Pyro continued, "the captain isn't one whom you'd consider commander-material for a ship of this magnitude, and yet he still manages to hold respect even from the High COM brass, so you can't tell me that he doesn't know what he's doing. Otherwise, I highly doubt I'd be calling him 'Sir'. And as to being a pirate; well, if you truly want to know, that's for you to ask him."

The clone grinned to the bard, then turned to Zarae, and replied to her, and said "Zarae, I grew up as a copy, among an [b:1hnpoh3e]all[/b:1hnpoh3e] male society, and really, truly never experienced the feminine charm up until about 5 years ago. With that much free time, you tend to learn a few things about stuff that goes boom if you get bored enough."

When his brother was done with his rant, Edge took a moment to reply to Ryltar. The clone caught the wizard's subtle attempt to be a smartass to him. Edge just mentally shrugged it off, though, and retorted "a complex answer to simple question truly, but why would we care about the arcane when our technology can do the exact same thing?"
As Edge asked this to the wizard, he'd raise an eyebrow, emphasizing his point of the drow wizard having to go out of his way to explain the semantics behind the two spells that allowed him and Lynx to communicate mentally, when a simple 'yes' or 'no would've sufficed.
He was in a squad with brothers like Pyro and Stalker, so it was natural that all of them would have some degree of being a smartass themselves. He then added a final comment, which was the frosting on the cake; "besides why would we want to use a bunch of fancy words to achieve something as simple as talking to another squad."

Stalker looked to Drakin and Grisnaw, and replied "So, in essence, the winged one is your brother's, whom came into contact with him when the gargoyle became bored with his previous . . . [b:1hnpoh3e]employer[/b:1hnpoh3e], huh? Hmm, sounds like he should be our EOD man; if something goes wrong, he won't get killed."
The sniper could tell by the gargoyle's sudden confused smile that he struck a happy place in the imp's mind.

Within the other turbolift, Ironside rehearsed Zana's question in his mind, and then replied to Vlad and her, Vlad first though.
"Yes, Vladimir; we'll be able to take the exo-armor off of you, it's just that we need to speak first to the captain. That's all."

He then turned to Zana, and felt almost nothing as she aimed the railgun up and at him directly.
"Essentially, when you pull that trigger, the slug that is loaded, which there shouldn't be, considering we're going to be going onto the bridge here soon, so there shouldn't be a slug chambered. But, essentially, when you pull that trigger, the two electromagnetic rails within the barrel, supercharge with two magnetic fields, which accelerate the light alloy slug outta the barrel and blazing down towards your target, up to about four clicks away, assuming you have the height advantage to fire that far to begin with."

Onix spoke into his comm after Ironside was done explaining the physics of Zana's chosen weapon to her.
"Alright, Theta's lock up the conversations soon and file them away for later, we're almost to the bridge. That being said, I want this meeting to go over spotless."
Four 'Yes Sir's came back in response over his comm.

((OCC: If anyone wants to respond in their conversations or say something, now's the chance; after this is the bridge, for which I'll probably be taking control of the a lot of things to make the post possible.))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Grisnaw rubbed his hands together as he responded to Stalker's comment, "If that means I get to have some fun with those big guns, I might be tempted to join you. . ." He finished with a wide grin that made him look like a psychopath.

"You don't need any kind of weapon that can do that kind of damage," Drakin responded to Grisnaw, "You do enough damage with a couple of wands and a potion of impact."

Grisnaw just glared at Drakin.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, you misunderstand, Pyro- I was just wondering WHY your crew calls your commander that. Where I come from that name would not be considered complimentary. And I was referring to Onix with that bit about the steak. No offense intended, of course." He grins, and winks at the demolitionist, then turns away as he waits of the lift to open.

As he waits he starts to hum softly, a tune that the clones know well. After a few moments, he stops in mid-note, and frowns as if baffled. "Where the Hells did THAT come from?" he asks to no one in particular. Then he concentrates, and and his jaw drops suddenly, eyes open wide in shock. Then he slowly turns back to Pyro with a dumbfounded look. "I don't suppose your ship has a data-bank stored in its computers, does it? Because I think I may have picked up some things I did not intend to when I made that blasted wish..."
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote:hvj7itmo]The clone grinned to the bard, then turned to Zarae, and replied to her, and said "Zarae, I grew up as a copy, among an all male society, and really, truly never experienced the feminine charm up until about 5 years ago. With that much free time, you tend to learn a few things about stuff that goes boom if you get bored enough." [/quote:hvj7itmo]

she gave him an 'and?' look. "like this?" she said pulling out a small around flask with a bright reddish orange volitile liquid as well as a smaller glass inside containing another chemical. it could be guessed it was an explosive of some sort.

remaining quiet as lothir whistled, the tune seamed...familar somehow.

((ready to move on when the others are))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

"Perhaps you can do it with your technology. But can you bend the laws of reality itself on your own and do it without it? I think not. And we can perform even greater feats and can give such a link to then entire team if need be." He retorted. He'd hide the annoyance at the mention of technology again, silently cursing himself at the fact they had a device that would allow them to do something usually only doable by magic, or born talent. Still, he figured he'd win this "arms race" with them eventually. Though, there was no real arms race, the drow, proud as ever, deemed there to be one.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[quote:3u6dbq28]But, essentially, when you pull that trigger, the two electromagnetic rails within the barrel, supercharge with two magnetic fields, which accelerate the light alloy slug outta the barrel and blazing down towards your target, up to about four clicks away, assuming you have the height advantage to fire that far to begin with." [/quote:3u6dbq28]

"That's brilliant," Zana said, amazed at the complexities of such a simple weapon. She wasn't familiar with the exact physics of what Ironsides was speaking about, but she got the jist. And the fact that it could fire at such a range boggled her mind. She would never have to go near another bounty again. [i:3u6dbq28]How was it possible to have a looking glass that powerful. How was such a thing designed?[/i:3u6dbq28] She thought to herself.

[i:3u6dbq28]Of course it's brilliant, that's because you have no idea what he's talking about, it just sounds brilliant, is all.[/i:3u6dbq28] Vlad mocked.

Zana glared at him, tempted to give him a smack, but what good would that do to an armored tiger? "You're just jealous because you can't follow they complexities of this weapon."

[i:3u6dbq28]Oh, you'd be surprised,[/i:3u6dbq28] Vlad told her.

"I'm sure," Zana said with sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

((Ditto to Zarae's statement))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro turns to Lothir as the bard begins to hum his tune((don't know what you're referring to, Aly)) and stares at the drow for a moment in complete dismay.

"Umm, yes, Lothir. The [i:3osrpx30]Nighthammer[/i:3osrpx30] does have data-bank on-board. Why?" The clone gives the bard a raised brow to emphasize his question.

When Zarae pulled out her potion, Pyro cocked his head to one side, then chuckled a bit; "Perhaps, Zarae, yes. But the kinds of things that I make go [b:3osrpx30]BOOM[/b:3osrpx30] are usually a little more. . . . . [i:3osrpx30]persuasive[/i:3osrpx30] when they go off."

======================

The turbolifts continued to ascend for another 10 seconds before coming to an abrupt stop. Both sets of doors again made that 'HISS' as they both opened up to reveal a hallway that led straight forward down a short corridor, which then branched off into three different halls, all of which then turned into their own corridors leading off to different areas of the deck level.

======================

As the two teams joined up under Onix's lead again, Edge looked to Ryltar and snickered; "well, define 'bending the laws of reality itself'. If you're saying wave our hands around like a bunch of drunk monkeys and make coherent sense, well, then I gotta say, you have us beat there, my friend. Now. . if you're referring to our ability to travel faster than light itself between the stars, or to trigger a star to go supernova, effectivly destroying an system or perhaps even defy gravity itself, to the point of evading Blackholes, or even going through one. . . then I suppose we [b:3osrpx30]do[/b:3osrpx30] have ya beat in the arts of reality bending laws."

Edge shrugged his armored shoulders; "it's all perspective, Ryltar."

=======================

Onix led the two groups, which recombined into one, down the hall towards a blast door, which was sealed into a heavy, reinforced bulkhead.

A full squad of heavily armed marines stood guard, all of them wearing full-visored helmets, so that no one could tell race, gender, facial features, anything that might give away their identity to a potentially unwanted intruder.

"Sir," one of the marines said to Onix as he snapped off a salute, followed immediately by his fellow marine guards; "the Captain is awaiting you on the bridge, Sergeant."

Onix merely nodded to the guard, who then resumed his former position, his heavy assault rifle coming up in front of his armored chest.

The heavy door slowly opened, revealing an oval-shaped command center, which immediately split into an upper and lower deck along the outer edge of the bridge. Onix took the left side of the bridge and went up the stairs to upper area of the bridge.
Along either side of the bridge, officers of different rank and race walked along the upper and lower levels of the bridge, some working at their designated stations, others conferring with fellow personnel about this and that.

At the end of the upper deck walking path, the two sides closed to form one standing area that overlooked the lower deck, or the 'pit', as most of the command crew referred to it as.

The ending upper deck looked out into the blackness of space through a huge panoramic view-port. The Captain stood there gazing out into the black of space, a trimmed and ceremonial white uniform, with patch of Earth stitched to the upper right shoulder of his uniform. The capital letters 'ESAF' were emblazoned right over of the Earth patch, as was a super scaled down symbol of the [i:3osrpx30]Nighthammer[/i:3osrpx30] which was just below the letters and right above the Earth.

"Master Gunnery Sergeant 180, [b:3osrpx30]when[/b:3osrpx30] exactly, did I give authorization to allow your colleagues from the planet's surface to participate in our most recent battle?" came a stern, battle-hardened voice from the Captain whilst he still gazed out into space.

"Sir; I did not receive anyone's authorization to allow the natives of Toril to participate in the battle. In the heat of combat, I ordered my squad to show them what to do for the space battle, and allowed them to operate a section of the AA rail gatlings during the space-battle. Without their assistance, I believe that the HVG in which we were defending, would have been severely damaged, if not destroyed entirely. Not to mention, several more of my brothers would now be corpses floating out in space right now."

"An apt presumption, if not the logical one as well; however, you [b:3osrpx30]did[/b:3osrpx30] break command protocol, when and while we are in unknown, and now hostile, territory. With that said, what do you have to say in your defense, Theta Leader?" As the Captain said this, he turned around to regard Onix and his team, a hard expression locked onto Onix.

"Nothing Sir!" the clone said, feeling his body go rigid; "I ordered my squad to let my friends from the planets surface assist us and they [b:3osrpx30]have[/b:3osrpx30], to an unprecedented height, I might add, Sir. No, Sir I have nothing more to add."

"And your squad?"

"Nothing, SIR!!" came four hard voices in a unanimous shout.

The Captain then turned to the group from Toril's surface, his eyes gazing over each of them, as if he was seeing if they were going to add something to the conversation.
"What about you, ladies and gents; have any of you something to say for the Sergeant here?"
Last edited by veraka on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae crossed her arms, a silent defince to this captain and his attitude twords the clone. (but nothing to outlandish to cause anymore problems.) she was close to smarting off, but wisely held her tongue....for the most part.
"so next time, we just let yall die then? we should do as our Lady ask of us, 'Defend and aid all folk.'"

(eh, i wasnt sure what to say too much...or put it into a smooth quality post like i attempted.
that and this nitequil like stuff...well, yall get the idea.))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"I have something to say- sir." The bard steps up, giving the Captain a polite bow and salute. He knows a bit about both military protocols and chain-of-command, fortunately, and decides to take the diplomatic approach. "With all due respect, Captain, WE chose to help, and since it was our idea, Onix really can't be held accountable. He simply suggested ways we could be of service. As for the guns, that was partly my fault. You see, the computer controls were out, and someone had to man them, but there were not enough of your own people available."

He looks around, not quite sure if these folk are ready to believe or understand what he is about to say, but then shrugs and forges on. "The Commander there suggested we take over the guns, but none of us knew how to operate them, so- I made a wish on an item I carry, that allowed us all to learn the necessary knowledge to use them. Along with just about everything else on this ship. You could say that we now know this ship as well as your own people do- maybe even better."

He takes a moment to let that sink in, and finally gives the Captain a long appraising look. "I think we can be of aid to each other, sir. Your people have the weapons and the experience in dealing with those bugs or leechers or whatever you call them, and WE have the knowledge of what's on the world below you. Trust me, without our help, you'd have little chance of finding the eggs that thing laid down there. Much less getting to them and back out again alive. There are things on that planet as bad if not worse than those leechers. And THEY are native. You have your tech, we have our magic. To destroy those eggs, will probably take both."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx gazed about, remaining quiet due to her inability to talk. Lothir's words made her brows quirk. [color=blue:1zm83dpv][i:1zm83dpv]Item with a wish spell? Whoa... that's a powerful one. Having such power and with a careful wording we could have destroyed all those bugs without any real need to fight.[/i:1zm83dpv][/color:1zm83dpv] She directed her thoughts to Ryltar, standing behind the drow and resting her chin on her shoulder as her teal eyes studied the Captain curiously. Then she nodded a little in agreement with the drow bard's words.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar shot a somewhat annoyed Lothirs look at the mention of the item with a wish spell on it. That would definitely explain the recent and rapid expansion of the drows knowledge in regards to the technology about him. At the captains question Ryltar would just give hima smug grin as he replied. [i:2c74n817]"I believe that the leader of Theta squad saw in us a valueable asset that could aid in your task of eradicating those bugs, and those whom aid them. We proved quite effective against the creatures, and as you well saw, Lynx here..."[/i:2c74n817] He motioned to the sun elf behind him. [i:2c74n817]"Was able to fell quite a few of the soldiers whom invaded your ship."[/i:2c74n817]
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Maryne frowned at the Captain as he turned to face the others. "I don't think I heard you properly, but I believe you are asking us why we helped you, instead of thanking us that your ship is no longer in danger? Not to mention asking Onix why he [i:3gwz508r]let[/i:3gwz508r] us help you, and not thanking him for doing so? Although, I don't recall asking anyone's permission to do anything on this ... ship. Nor do I ever recall someone not being allowed to join a battle to help those in need of it."

She shook her head, then added, "And Lothir's right, you could use our help."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Initially Zana was pissed. They had just risked their lives for these strangers and now they were being lectured? That wasn't something she appreciated at all . So she simply nodded in agreement with what Arya said. She was just about to say the exact same thing herself, but she completely understood the captain's point of view; being a leader of sorts he had to have rule and when those rules were broken he had to carry out punishment.

"With all due respect, sir, in a time of crisis, help is usually welcome, no matter who it comes from so long as they are on your side. And in a situation like that, rules are meant to be broken. I understand that orders are orders, but sometimes orders can be twisted in such a way that a benefactor, such as us, may be added even though it may have been against protocol or strict order. Do you understand...sir?" She wanted sound polite, and almost failed, patience wasn't her strong suit.

[i:2k5bvihj]For the gods' sake! Enough talking! Let's stop standing around like a bunch of morons and let's get me out of this armor! I'm claustrophobic![/i:2k5bvihj] Normally Vlad had more patience than at least Zana, but the suit was really starting to make him feel uneasy. It was nice while it was useful, but now it was time for it to come off.

"And the cat's getting cranky," Zana jerked her thumb at Vlad, who gave her a nasty look, though she couldn't see it with the helmet.