Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

ROXI processed Lothir's question, and realized that he might have been familiar with how their technology operated, on a basic level, but might fail to understand some of the more broad spectrum concepts.
"It is the culmination of two factors," the AI responded; "to begin, our sensors do not possess the power for that kind of ranged scanning, and second, because our probes can merely detect nearby planets and stars, not biological signatures. In order for us to confirm life on a planet, we would need to set down on the surface or get within our sensor range, which would require that the [i:2lw5ksv1]Nighthammer[/i:2lw5ksv1] be within the actual system of the planet."

"That being said master Lothir, I would have an extremely hard time deciphering whether or not there are any biological readings at all on any planet that is outside of this current system."

Pyro, who was still studying the maps that ROXI had brought up, turned to Lothir, and replied; "Because I've seen a map similar in almost every respect of the word, to what I'm looking at. The only difference is that, the last time I saw a map like this, with [b:2lw5ksv1]these[/b:2lw5ksv1]" he pointed a gloved finger to the topographical map; "was the last time that our squad leader had to call down an orbital strike upon the planet; however unlike the bombardment that you witnessed." The clone's face grew stern, despite his usual cheerful demeanor; "it involved four more [i:2lw5ksv1]Depraedor[/i:2lw5ksv1]-class assault carriers along with the [i:2lw5ksv1]Nighthammer's[/i:2lw5ksv1] own guns. We scorched the entire surface with world without a second thought, the oceans boiled under the bombardment. You saw with your own eyes what the [i:2lw5ksv1]Nighthammer[/i:2lw5ksv1] can do by herself, imagine what a Base Delta-Zero fleet bombardment could do. Five or more assault-carriers, such as the [i:2lw5ksv1]Nighthammer[/i:2lw5ksv1] and their respective accompanying vessels, usually numbering 40 or more, open up, full-salvo open the surface of a planet. The crust literally turns to molten li, the waters boil into steam and the very atmosphere itself just destabilizes under the onslaught of such plasma output. IF you've ever seen destruction like that before, Lothir, you'll understand why I'm curious about the readings and the location of that area."

===========

In the ship's tavern, Stalker, Drakin and Grisnaw sat, drinking to whatever kind of toast they could think of, or just downing random concoctions on a dare. Stalker would prove more stubborn a drinker than either the assassin or gargoyle would have initially guessed.
At the assassins little worry about paying for broken items, Stalker chuckled a little; "the beauty about being a clone is that whatever we break doesn't count against us, just another write off as bad kit. After you learn what is and is not valuable on and off the battlefield, you can a little fun here and there."

Stalker waved the barkeep over and instructed him to serve the imp with wings the Novabuster. Stalker got a 'you're-shitting-me' look back from the barkeep; the sniper nodded.
Shrugging his shoulders, the bartender went to the back room. By this time, several of the patrons had started to gather around the sniper and his cohorts, hearing about the gargoyle gonna try the novabuster.
"Only one clone has tried it before," came a partially worried voice from the crowd.
"Yeah, but that trooper was dumb enough to try it without his squad with him; this imp here is a native, I wonder what it'll do to him?" another whispered in the back noise.

The bartender returned to the now crowd-gathered bartop, and slid a large glass of neon-green, semi-gelatinous liquid in front of the gargoyle.
"Your funeral, pal," the barkeep said with a slight smirk.

=================

Lieutenant Myria looked at the young drowess with a cocked brow, her eyes in an unconvinced look.
"I find that hard to believe, Miss Zarae," the LT commented to her, finally getting her full uniform on and placing her officers cap upon her head. She turned to Zarae and was about to speak when her keen elven ears picked up the light, but very fast footfalls of an approaching marine.

Within a split second, anther female marine, a half-elven maiden a whole head taller than Myria, burst through the door, her breath short and labored. She'd been running for quite the distance.
"Lieutenant, you're needed down in the lab," the marine said in between gulps of air; she turned to Zarae; "as well as you too Miss. . . . "

"Zarae," came Onix's stern and iron-solid voice from behind the half-elven marine.
"Ma'am," he said, turning to Myria, "we're all needed down in the lab."
Onix turned his emotionless gaze back to Zarae, and said "Zarae, the captain wants to speak with you as well." With that, Onix turned and marched out of the doorway.

The LT turned back to Zarae, and waved her to come along as she left the area.

==============

Ironside found himself staring at Zana as she tumbled outta the Killhouse's rear exit; "have fun in there," he asked sarcastically. The clone knew from firsthand experience what that training area had to offer, and what it could do.

Zana's expression told him that she didn't like the comment; he shrugged his shoulders and placed an automatic shotgun he'd been looking over to the side, and turned to the huntress and her huge cat.

"Well all in all, I'd say that you could go for some R&R, maybe some . ." his voice was cut off as his comm opened up on his wrist gauntlet.

"Ironside, check in," came his squad leader's hard voice.

"Ironside here, what it is, Sir?" he responded.

"Make your way down to the labs, double time; bring that huntress, Zana, and her furball as well. They need to be present for what the docs have found out."

"Rodger that, Sir." Ironside clicked his comm off. Then, looking to Zana and Vlad, he motioned for them both to follow him, as he turned and left the armory, heading towards the turbolifts.

=================

Edge looked to Ryltar, and nodded, accepting his explanation of how he and Lynx had met at face value. Edge wasn't one to question a story about the past, especially if it involved a couple. Being a clone, he knew little on the topic, and kept it that way, preferring to work with technology and machines by himself.

Edge was about to respond with another question to the wizard, when one of the marines that was on post came striding up to him and saluted the clone.
"Sir, Commander Balak has ordered Theta Squad down to the lab, Sir. They say that they've found something to do with that Leecher bug you guys killed on the surface. The Commander also made a note for you to bring the two natives to the lab as well, Sir."

"Alright, Marine; I'll be down in five." Edge replied, almost as if waving the order off as a high performance show.

"Sir, this situation could involve a Base Delta Zero bombardment, Sir," the Marine said persistently, his tone serious.

The clone's face went blank, his expression emotionless, his eyes hollow.
He turned to Lynx and Ryltar and said in a stern tone "follow me." When questioned about orders, Edge replied, "the fate of your entire planet may be at stake; Command has just upped the anty on this situation."

===============

[color=blue:2lw5ksv1]"Run the numbers again, dammit!" the Professor barked at his subordinates. Captain Witmor was present, and his face was grim, and that was putting it lightly.

"Sir we did; we've run them through almost seven different times; they all come out with the same, exact results," Mark exclaimed.

The captain put a hand to his mustache, his brow furrowing in deep concentration. "You sure that this is the most likely outcome?"

"Yes Sir; we 99% positive that these reading from the Leecher Queen are accurate. We'd be stupid to cast it off as random readings." Mark was clearly frustrated by the results of their tests on the bug.

"My, my; this [b:2lw5ksv1]is[/b:2lw5ksv1] an Eight-ball of a situation," Captain Witmor commented from where he stood.
The Professor and other lab techs looked at him with confused expressions. He continued on; "Ironically, it was Theta Squad that has been in this [b:2lw5ksv1]exact[/b:2lw5ksv1] kind of predicament before, which makes them uniquely qualified to tackle this situation now."

"Sir?" Mark asked, "what exactly are you talking about."

"Two decades ago the clones of Theta Squad were up agsint these exact odds, in a very similar situation. The mission didn't go as planned. They went in with five squads of commandos; only two came out from the fighting just to get to the nest. By the time they reached the nest, the last squad died in the fighting, keeping the Leecher Guardians busy while the Theta's made their way inside the nest. They then realized that they had not brought nearly enough kit to finish the job, so they opted for the last card they could play; the Theta's called for a Base Delta Zero orbital bombardment from the 7 [i:2lw5ksv1]Depraedor's[/i:2lw5ksv1] that were in orbit. I had just assumed command the of [i:2lw5ksv1]Nighthammer[/i:2lw5ksv1] myself when this happened." The captain stopped and let his little tale of the clone's past mission sink in.

Then he continued, "The debated the question for nearly two hours, each of them bringing up alternatives that could have worked but there was always an obstacle that another team member saw in the plan. In the end, they all agreed to call down the orbital strike. A shuttle picked them up and brought them back to the [i:2lw5ksv1]Nighthammer[/i:2lw5ksv1], and from the bridge, I, Commander Balak, and the clones of Theta Squad watched as our ship, and six others, opened fire upon that colony. For an hour and a half, we rained down hell upon that planet, turning the entire crust to a sea of molten rock, boiling the oceans, and disrupting the whole atmosphere of the planet. On that day, I watched 3.2 billion lose their lives, and not even to our enemy, but to our own very guns, and ships that we've built to defend them. Do you understand, [b:2lw5ksv1]now[/b:2lw5ksv1] why I choose the Theta's for this mission?"

"Yes Sir," Mark replied in a low tone, almost mute in his tone. [/color:2lw5ksv1]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

After hearing ROXI explain about the limitations of the probes, he sighs. "I see- so there's no way of knowing which of these, if any, is the right one. So I'm no closer to knowing anything now than I was before. I could pick one, and end up on the wrong world." He stares down at the charts, suddenly wishing fervently that he had not stumbled through that damned portal. Still, he has always believed that things happened for a reason- is this why he is here? Does he have some role to play in the fate of this world his goddess seemed to favor so much?

The bard looks down at the map, and tries to make sense of the readings there, but finally gives it up and shrugs. "What's so special about those readings?" he asks Pyro. "I don't understand the significance of what you're pointing at. Could you explain?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

She heard the sounds of footfalls coming closer in the hall. and shortly after the two stood in the doorway of the room.
Zarae had a confused look and was about to ask what was going on but the urgency, the rogue followed, not thinking to grab anything, following as she was, dressed only in her small clothes.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro turned to Lothir with a very stern expression sewn onto his face; "Lothir, let me be more precise in my explanation; I've only seen these kind of readings once before in my [b:2q1jz8a2]entire[/b:2q1jz8a2] life, [b:2q1jz8a2]once[/b:2q1jz8a2]. If that isn't a hint enough to let you know the significance of what I'm telling you, than I don't know what will." Pyro breathed in slowly, then exhaled; "Lothir what I'm trying to say is this. If these readings are accurate, and my memory is working right, then we don't have weeks to hunt these eggs down; we've got [b:2q1jz8a2]days[/b:2q1jz8a2]. Those eggs that we talked about earlier could hatch anytime within the next 48 hours."

The clone walked away from the bard, his back plate of his OMNI armor facing the bard, he turned his head so the bard could barely see the closest eye; " Lothir, I've only seen those readings once before in my entire life, and when that happened, we didn't save any planet, we killed it."

The bards expression told the clone that more explanation would be necessary; "What do I mean? I mean to say that if we don't succeed in finding those eggs, then that rock that you and everyone else here will be reduced to slag. Everything you know, everything you've come to learn and love about Toril will be lost to you for good."
Pyro turned away, his tone flatlining; "we had to call it down last time, all because of those [b:2q1jz8a2]GODDAMN, MOTHERFUCKING ROACHES!![/b:2q1jz8a2]" An armored fist rammed into the closest piece of metal and gave it an indent that would make a minotaur look weak."

Pyro then looked up the bard; "Lothir, last time I saw those readings, 3.7 billion people burned because of a decision that my brothers and I made."
Last edited by veraka on Tue May 17, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard looked at him and let out an exasperated breath. "I GET that- but what do the readings MEAN? Perhaps you're forgetting that as much as we've learned about this ship, we are still not familiar with any of this technology of yours. You'll have to explain EXACTLY what those readings there say, because I can't ferret it out from just looking at it. And as far as finding those bugs goes, I've already told you that we should get down there as quickly as possible. The Underdark is full of twists, turns, dead ends, and rifts that would make reaching the nest difficult at best. And you need us, because in case you haven't noticed, most of us natives aboard your vessel were BORN down there. We know the dangers, the pathways, and the obstacles you'll be dealing with."

"And so help me, we are NOT going to loose this world. I've already been stranded away from one home, I"m not leaving another behind, too." His grimace of determination shows a deadly seriousness that seems out of place on the usually animated and carefree face. Yet it gives a frightening hint of his drow heritage, the intense emotions and dark fury that have simmered so close to the surface recently.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro returns Lothirs stare with one of his own of equal proportion in seriousness; "those readings are telling me two things; one is that those eggs down there, have already started their incubation process of hatching, in laymans terms, they could hatch at any given moment, however, that's not what has me on edge. Those green blotches that our ship's sensors have picked up are [b:30geqzv0]amplified[/b:30geqzv0] radiation marks within your Underdark. What does that mean for us, it means that each and every single bug that is down there is gonna be a [b:30geqzv0]lot[/b:30geqzv0] scarier than their prodigy was. What that naturally occurring radiation is that you told us about, it's being absorbed by those damn pieces of shit, and mutating them further than they already are. Yes, those bugs are naturally immune to magics that are thrown at them, but that is only after they've hatched. You put something like that voodoo-crap that is down there in that Underdark of yours, mix it with those tiny eggs, and a whole new level of scary opens up."

"I remember fighting these things back on C. . . Corecana; they took out five of our best squads of commandos; that was why we decided in a final desperate move, to obliterate the planet with a Base Delta-Zero fleet bombardment. I watched from this ship's very bridge as the entire garden world became a molten heap of rock. I remember watching those very guns that we used earlier, firing down upon that planet." The clone looked up at the bard; "I've killed people yes, even entire villages and cities, but a whole planet? Over 3 billion beings lost their lives that day. Lothir, tell, me; how in the name of God himself can we even win at this, when my squad was the one that made the call 20 years ago?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He looks at Pyro, and with an utterly serious and cool face, says, "Simple. In that fight, you didn't have US helping you. Like I said- we KNOW what's down there, and how to fight in the Underdatk, We also know how to fight things that are immune to magic- not all of us even USE magic to begin with, but every drowling learns how to wield a weapon from the time he or she is old enough to hold one. We WILL destroy those bugs, even if we have to hunt down every last one of them."

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Grisnaw looked around at the clones gathered around him. He jumped up onto the counter, grabbed the drink, and struck a pose with the drink in the air, though, even standing on the bar, he was only a little taller than some of the clones. After holding the pose for a few seconds, he threw back the drink, swallowed, and threw down the glass to the the applause of the clones. Grisnaw raised his arms and yelled in victory over the diabolical drink. Then it went downhill.

Grisnaw's eyes rolled up into the back of his head and he stood teetering on the edge of the bar for a second before falling behind it, almost on top of the surprised bartender.

Drakin looked over the bar and said, "I think you might have actually killed him." All in a 'matter-of-fact' voice.

Right then the thought dead gargoyle sat straight up and ran off to a set of doors. After a few moments of stunned silence Drakin chuckled, "I think we found another survivor of that drink of yours . . . but it's going to cost you your bathroom. I wouldn't recommend entering there for a year, or scrape it if you can."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar grumbled a bit at the summons that he had to engage in now. He'd give Edge a nod before taking Lynx's hand.[i:3d3ezm4o] "Base Delta Zero? What is that? Some sort of outpost?"[/i:3d3ezm4o] He asked as he looked to Lynx, awaiting for her to perhaps add some insight to the matter.
veraka
Demigod

Re: Clone encounter Part 3

Post by veraka »

Onix jogged down the hallway, Lieutenant Myria trailing him along with Zarae.
“Looks like we’re about to head out again, LT; you leading this time?” Onix asked Myria, turning his head around just a bit to glance at the dark elven officer.

“I don’t know, 180; I’d be flattered if they asked me too, but I’d hazard a guess that you’re being given mission command this time around.”

“That’s what I feared,” the clone muttered under his breath, then bringing two fingers up to his earpiece, and opening his comm.

==============================================

Pyro was both frustrated and anxious in that moment; even if Lothir’s reasons were true and accurate, he wasn’t in the mood to hear them. Right before the clone could come up with a proper retort, his comm crackled to life.
[color=#0000FF:1ex4k3pl]“Thetas; this is squad leader. Captain has just ordered us to the science laboratories. Meet there in five minutes or less. Theta Lead out.”[/color:1ex4k3pl]
Pyro looked to Lothir and said “looks like our timetable’s just been sped up; come on.”

With that, the explosives expert of Theta Squad led Lothir out of the A.I control room, and towards the turbolifts, balling his fist, then opening it in repeated succession.

=============================================
Stalker looked at Drakin with a dumbfounded expression on his face, then burst out laughing, doubling over on the bar top, which made his fellow brethren eye Drakin with curious expressions.

“That would mean something [b:1ex4k3pl]if[/b:1ex4k3pl] we had full-time janitors,” Stalker spoke up, recovering from his laughing fit; “the last one in the latrine who make a mess are usually the ones who clean it up, and most of the time, we know. Since it was me and my squad that brought you on board, we are responsible for that mess that your gargoyle made. Oh but Lady Irony is so evil; as we are the ones responsible, we are also about to go on mission. So looks like the Quartermaster is gonna have to find someone else to clean up his latrine.”

[color=#0000FF:1ex4k3pl]“Thetas; this is squad leader. Captain has just ordered us to the science laboratories. Meet there in five minutes or less. Theta Lead out.”[/color:1ex4k3pl]
Stalker’s laughter died as soon as he heard ‘squad leader’, and his grim expression returned just as his comm clicked off; “better find your gargoyle; I doubt the ship has enough entertainment for him for how long we’ll be gone.” With that, the sniper got up, bulled his way through the crowd, and went about finding Grisnaw with Drakin.
==========================================

Edge looked at Ryltar and Lynx then shook his head; “It basically involves an . .”

As he sprinted down the corridor, the lifts coming into sight, Edge turned his head toward Ryltar and Lynx, and gave an explanation. “Base Delta Zero; it’s a term coined by the brass to give a planetary scale fleet bombardment a definition.
Short version of it: if we fail to contain and eradicate this bug infestation from your planet, the [i:1ex4k3pl]Nighthammer[/i:1ex4k3pl] turns all her guns to bare on your planet, and fires full salvo. Reduces the entire upper crust to molten slag; I believe you’ve had a first-hand experience with the bombardment capabilities of our mothership. Put that kind of firepower across your entire continent.”

Edge reached the lift, and slammed the ‘down’ button. The lift arrived in seconds, doors hissing open as it stopped.
“In; the labs are on the lower decks of the [i:1ex4k3pl]Nighthammer[/i:1ex4k3pl].”

==================================================

Ironside ran down the corridor like an Olympic sprinter, despite all the weapons he was carrying.

"You, know, Zana, and Vlad; I honestly hope you can use those weapons," he said, looking back at the huge, now-armed tiger and drow huntress with a huge sniper weapon slung around her. "Cause if not, you might not a home to go back to when we're done down there."
The clone turned a corner, narrowly missing a couple of patrolling marines, and then found the turbolifts. He hit down arrow and waited, fingers running taps on his Mauler HMG, a clear sign of his impatience.
Last edited by veraka on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"so...where we planning to go?" she asked listening to everything around her.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard hears Pyro's comm crackle to life, and nods at the clone when he tells the drow to follow him. Glancing back at the star charts longingly for a moment, he sighs, then squares his shoulders and marches resolutely along behind the demolitionist. "I will NOT leave behind another home..... We WILL save it." he mutters to himself.

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin got up and went into the bathrooms. Grisnaw was once again passed out with hi s head hanging over the rim of a toilet. Another clone was in there laughing at the prone form and that the gargoyle was 'giving a tribute to the porcelain gods'. Drakin gave the gargoyle a nudge with his boot, only achieving a slight groan in response.

He walked back out to Stalker and asked, "You got any special treatment for drunks and hangovers? I'm not going to carry him anywhere in that state, I don't want to have buy a cloak because of a sick gargoyle."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Since Luexena is having trouble with her account, she asked me to post this in her stead))

Shuffling after the two, Lynx kept chewing on her bottom lip, trying to say something now and then, though just ended up coughing softly, unable to make any other sound just yet. So the wizardress just bobbed her head at Ryltar's explanation, her fingers were flying over the keyboard as the letters formed words, words formed sentences.

"He pretended to be an elf, at first, concealing his true origins from me. When I learned of his race, it did not matter already as I knew he was not a threat to me. So we continued working together, which led to.. " She paused, then typed the last two words, giving a small grin to Edge and the drow, "many things."

The young elf shrugged then, nodding to Edge's order, falling in step.
At as she heard the clone's explanation of a Base Delta Zero bombardment, the woman's brows furrowed and she looked to Ryltar sidelongs. Surely such a fate was not something she wished for her homeworld, and at this point she was not sure she'd not have to turn against these 'visiters' and try to blow the spaceship up before it lands a strike at the continent. She had a ration mind so could understand their reasoning, but could not accept such solution. Her fingers moved again. "Unacceptable. We have no right to fail then." With that she turned away from Edge, hiding her expression.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix continued his striding trek through the corridors of the [i:24jladyz]Nighthammer[/i:24jladyz], Myria was right on his tail, her combat boots making an almost muffled 'tap' compared to the dull, and deep 'Thunk' of the clone's armored boots.

[color=#800080:24jladyz][quote:24jladyz]"so...where we planning to go?"[/quote:24jladyz][/color:24jladyz]

Onix turned his head around a bit, and still running, answered Zarae's question briefly; "we're heading to the ship's laboratories, which is where the Captain and Commander are, as well as some of the best of our scientists are at this very minute. In short, we're going to see if we can't save that blue rock you call 'Toril', from a global extinction event."
With those words out of his mouth and in the air, Onix rounded a corner, and came to startling abrupt halt as he and a squad of marines nearly collided with each other.

"You two, form up," Onix barked at the two lead soldiers; to the others he motioned; "the rest of you; secure the Lifts to the labs. Only Theta Squad and accompanying natives are allowed below, Understood?"

"Yes Sir!" the reaming squad shouted in unison, then shuffled past Onix, to lock down the corridor that the three had just passed through. The two other marines fell silently in line behind Zarae, forming a rear guard. The clone commando led the group to the lifts, pressed a gloved hand on the pad and signaled a lift to their level.

================================

Pyro and Lothir had already reached the turbolifts in their section and were on their way down towards the labs. Pyro stood against the wall of the lift, one foot planted on the wall, the other balancing his heavy armored frame; he had his arms crossed, and his face was one of serious contemplation.

"Lothir; I know what I said back there might not have been like my normal usual, quirky self; however, I've seen a lot of death over the years of my lifetime. That experience that I shared with you was the greatest atrocity I've ever seen. It's one thing to watch your fleet decimate a planet beneath your field of vision; it's an entirely different scenario to watch innocent people, women, children, get blown to ashes on a live video feed, and listening over the radio as a mother begs, screaming, for you to come and take her and her unborn child away from the death, the fire, the annihilation, from the Reapers clutches. You want with all your heart to reply, but your squad leader forbids it. So you sit, and listen, and witness the extermination of tens of billions of innocents. Tell me, Lothir; have you ever heard a mother wailing for help, yet powerless you were to do anything. Have you ever heard a thousand thousand innocents howling into the night as plasma engulfed them, fire consumed them, and turned them, burning alive, to ash. Perhaps you have witnessed atrocity's in small numbers. But did it drag on for hours upon hours. I know that drow are sadistic in their torture, I know that they prefer to keep their victims alive, but torture is not genocide."

Their lift zoomed down towards the underbelly of the mothership.

===============================

[color=#4000FF:24jladyz][quote:24jladyz]"You got any special treatment for drunks and hangovers? I'm not going to carry him anywhere in that state, I don't want to have buy a cloak because of a sick gargoyle."[/quote:24jladyz][/color:24jladyz]

Stalker looked to Drakin, reached around the to a square, metal pouch on his belt; unfastening the lid to the pouch, the sniper removed a small vial of liquid; "is he immune to needles and sharp objects; cause if so, he needs to gulp this."

Edge, leading Ryltar and Lynx, finally made it to lifts. After stopping to read what Lynx had typed out on her comp, Edge raised a black brow at Lynx; "So then I can take it that all of your kind are as flirtatious as you are; or are they more like the LT, who is more wound up than a steel cable, and has almost no sense of the word?"

Edge checked several of his armors systems while they waited for their lift to arrive, as well as going through the logistical nightmare of planning the squad's upcoming mission.

Ironside had finally rounded the corner into the last corridor to the turbolifts when he heard Zana cry out, accompanied by a loud, muffled "THUMP".
Turning his helmet around, Ironside saw the immediate problem; the huge siberian tiger, Vlad, had collapsed onto the floor, his breathing was ragged; foam was lathered along his mouth.
[color=#8000BF:24jladyz]"What the hell is happening to him," Zana yelled at the clone.[/color:24jladyz]

Ironside knelt over the huge tiger, and took a quick bio-medical scan of the large feline. "Some sort of allergic reaction; like shock, but something that is going along the lines of ingestion problems. Come on, let's get him to sick-bay."
With Zana's help, Ironside managed to lift the great cat into over his shoulder, in an awkward stance, and slowly proceeded towards the med bay.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix