Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The young bard slowly comes to on the way to the med bay, still clinging tightly to his blades as if even getting knocked out could not force him to let go. Blue eyes blink rapidly and he moans as the pain in his head hits him. He tries to sit up, but a hand pushes him back down onto the gurney, as they reach the med bay. They medics try to take the sabers away and transfer him to a bed, but he waves them aside and starts to sit up, snarling like a wet cat.

"Get OFF of ME, you vultures! I'm not an invalid!" He tries to stand, wincing at the pain that sends little stars dancing in his vision. He reaches back to feel the huge lump on his head, and shakes it to clear away the tiny lights. "Just a little bit dizzy- that's all," he notes, a little less testily.

"Sir, you're WOUNDED!" Says one of the medics, pointing to the large holes in his shoulder and leg, gaping at the drow's lack of concern. How he is still standing and they managed to avoid hitting anything vital is a mystery to him- though it has much to do with the fast and unpredictable nature of his battledance.

Lothir glance down at the wounds, looking puzzled. "Yes, so what? I've had worse from a harpy. This is just a minor inconvenience. Where's Zarae?" He looks around, and spots her in an area where several medics are trying desperately to revive her.

"NO!!" He cries, dropping the blades at last, and rushes over to her. "Please, not again. I don't want to loose another friend..." It's not quite clear who he is talking to, if anyone.

OOC: Colonel Clink? Hmm, from Hogan's Heroes? I think that's right. It wasn't MASH, I know that much.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((the only thing i coulda guessed was MASH, i guess i lose... :( ))

the light that 'turned' on was bright and basking her in its warmth, yet so much was still in her clouded mind. why shouldnt she doubt? as much as she hardend herself, hid behind a masqurade of humor and business, it had been stripped away. She believed Lloth still had some claim on her, despite having forsaken the spider queen those years ago for the Dark Maiden. the invisible scarlet spider tattoo ((its in her character profile))[/size:1q83sh6m] across her face evident of that, she believed anyway.
the mention of friends reminded her of the battle they were in, the trouble. even if she could shake all doubts at the moment, and she did want to get back and help them, but another thought occured. she was often the cause of death for many, tho not literally by her hand. that promise from the Spider queen- the words echoed so loudly in her mind again as it seam to always do:
[list:1q83sh6m]But should you turn,
forever their will be a yearn.
[b:1q83sh6m]a path of death and blood never cease[/b:1q83sh6m].
never to find rest or peace[/size:1q83sh6m][/list:u:1q83sh6m]
how much she just wanted to say yes, no, shout it. but, as there always was, maybe in the long run they were better off? she couldnt leave them, or didnt want to leave them yet.

still sitting there, her knees gathered up to her chin, she was visibly torn in her decision, as the moisture in her indigo eyes gathered and fell down her ebon cheek, a rarity for the drowess.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Having stayed behind at the station to cover any more possible outbreaks, Maryne was getting ready to leave the station by the time Onix entered.

[color=indigo:14apfg6u]"There's a lot of wounded among our ranks; any support or assistance that you could offer would be a great help." [/color:14apfg6u]

Nodding, Maryne gestured to Tasha, who slipped in behind her as they followed Onix to where he was leading them. Following his example, Maryne helped a marine who's right leg had been badly damaged up, letting the wounded clone lean her weight against her as she led her to whatever healing area the ship had set up.

As she reached the place and handed the marine off to one of the healers there, she noticed a smaller group around someone on a bed. She walked over, pushing past some of the people near the drow, "Zarae? Goddess, what's happened to you?!"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Shes- I think she may be..." The bard turns to look at Maryne, and shakes his head sadly. "I tried to help her. Wasn't quick enough. Why do I always loose the ones I care about?" He sinks down to his knees dully, and looks up at Maryne again. "WHY??!!" Tears are beginning to stream down his face, and Lothir stares dully down at the floor, ignoring the medics trying to help all the wounded.

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[color=brown:1694hb27][i:1694hb27]Zarae:

"You believe the prophecy still has you in it's clutches... You think the Spider still has her claim over you..." The light surrounded her, soft and soothing, not blinding. "You think the mark of your flesh is more than it is..." The whisper kept caressing the lost young drowess, making her pain subdue. "But in reality they only have power over you if you give them that power. There is no darkness in the light. Leave the worries behind... leave the doubts behind... The mark you carry is a mere scar on the flesh, unless you make more of it. The Spider's claim holds no power over this Maiden's Chosen, unless you wish to turn back and dwell in the darkness again. Return to those who care for you, Zarae. Leave your doubts behind as they chain you to this place... Go and I will be with you, always..."
[/i:1694hb27][/color:1694hb27]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx opened her eyes and looked to Ryltar, watching his worried expression. Her brow arched a bit as her once teal and now dark, bloodshot eyes sought to lock on the drow's ruby red ones. Her throat was still numb, still 'undead', and the elf wondered if it was ever going to recover. [i:1umkzhaa]What if I am never able to talk again? ...To cast spells again?[/i:1umkzhaa] A scary thought came, though the magess quickly calmed herself down. [i:1umkzhaa]I'll have to learn to use the arcane without a verbal component. Hard but possible.[/i:1umkzhaa] With that she attempted to sit up and look around.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Clinck looked to Ryltar and nodded. He let the wizard place Lynx down on one of the open beds. He then went over to a bench and grabbed a hand portable bio-scanner. Walking over to Lynx, he ran the medical scanner over her body, keeping it slow and careful.
The device binged out it's result onto the LCD screen.

Clinck looked up to Ryltar and nodded his head; "well, the reading isn't picking up any nueral or cellular damage. My best guess is that she overloaded her vocal cords with whatever magic it was that she used. A temporary setback, but she should heal with no problem." With that, Clinck nodded towards Ryltar and then looked around for the closest and most injured marine and set out to look after them.

Ire'vae looked over to Maryne as she arrived, along with Theta squad and the medical team.
[color=indigo:3szgpmaf]She walked over, pushing past some of the people near the drow, "Zarae? Goddess, what's happened to you?!"[/color:3szgpmaf]

"She took a laser blast to the abdomen; critical hit too, judging from the wound; she's . . . . . " Ire'vae's voice trailed off as Zarae's vital's started to slowly faded. She stepped backwards one small pace, a look of solemn regret on her face.

Onix, along with the rest of the Theta's, once they'd all handed their wounded to the medical staff, looked both at Lothir, who went from a raging outburst to tears of sorrow, and too Zarae, whom they knew was dead. They just accepted it; the clones of Theta squad knew that whatever power they had in them, it wasn't enough to keep the young drowess alive.

Pyro, who noticed Lothir staring down at the sterling white floor, walked over to the bard and placed an armored hand upon his shoulder.
"It happens Lothir; no one can stop it. I lost seven of my brothers today, along with countless marines who were my friends. You think you're the only one? All of us lost someone today. Why, you ask; simple, because this is war."

Onix wasn't really in the solemn mood that his squad might have been in; he was more concerned with how he could have stopped these causulties; suddenly, he looked to Maryne nad stepped up to her side.
"Lady Maryne; you mentioned that you're a priestess of your goddess; is there [b:3szgpmaf]anything[/b:3szgpmaf] you can do that could possibly. ." the clone stumbled in his next words; "bring Zarae back?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard continues to stare at the floor, shaking his head at Pyro's comments. "But have you lost almost EVERYONE you've ever been close to? Sivestrik and Rvyn were killed, I lost Vala when I stumbled into that portal, and Zzadrina just disappeared without ever saying goodbye. And now this. I haven't known her long, but I was hoping that maybe...." He shrugs, and rises to his feet again, staring at the two identical sabers with their nude figure hitls, and suddenly kicks them across the floor in anger.

"You're a soldier- a warrior born and bred. You take those risks every DAY!! In spite of appearances, I'm NOT a warrior. Never have been. I'm just a musician who happens to have found a way to combine the art of dance with the skill of swordplay. Some wouldn't even call it fighting. I never even killed until I came to the surface, and I've seen more fighting in the past DAY than in the past YEAR! I've always hated fighting; never killed unless there was no choice. But since I met Onix and the rest of you, I've done more of it- and REVELED in it- than in my entire life. I just...."

He pauses, and something seems to have passed over him, like a shadow of something dark and cold. "I can't keep doing this. It's too much too fast. I feel like I'm loosing mySELF. Becoming like THEM. If that happens- if I loose control and fall from the path- do us both a favor. Kill me. I don't want to live like that."

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin and Grisnaw came into the medical bay in time to hear Lothir's comments. He waved at Grisnaw to continue to the treatment area without him.

Drakin walked over and stood next to Lothir and Pyro. He stood there for a few moments, giving a moment of silence for the fallen.

Turning to Lothir and said, "Remember the fallen, but do not let the memories go and consume you. I have watched my own brother fall into madness over the grief of losing one he loves. If you go down that path, it's a hard one to come back from."

"Don't let the enemy claim another life. Remember the friends that you have had. And continue on with those whom you now claim as friends."

With a pat on Lothir's shoulder he turned to the treatment area to look in on the gargoyle.

===========

Grisnaw sat on the edge of a cot, waiting to be treated. His short legs swinging a good foot or so off the ground.

One of the doctors came over and began lloking him over, "You're not badly injured," he said, "but, I am going to have to disinfect those burns."

Grisnaw just shrugged his shoulders as the doctor turned his back to him. Once he saw the giant needle the doc had whrn he turned around made the gargoyle jump up quickly. He grabbed an IV stand and started swinging it wildly.

"The Nine Hells you aren't putting that in me!" The crazy gargoyle yelled.

"You need to be treated for infections!" The doctor yelled back, "Be reasonable!"

"Come a little closer and I'll show you reason!"

Drakin came in the doorway, which Grisnaw's back was to, and sighed. [i:381t0zsq]Why is he always a pain?[/i:381t0zsq]

Drakin pulled out a needle and snuck up on the gargoyle. He pricked Gris in the neck.

"Ow! You bast-" before he could finish, the sleeping poison took a hold.

"You have about an hour to treat him before the drug wears off," he told the doctor as the gargoyle started snoring on the floor.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:1ludtsin]He sinks down to his knees dully, and looks up at Maryne again. "WHY??!!" [/color:1ludtsin]

Maryne bit her lip, gripping one of Lothir's shoulders firmly. She remembered him before, in Lith My'athar, and she couldn't bear to see him like this now. It just wasn't him. "Lothir," She inserted before the clone that had spoken to the drow answered him, "When I was younger, I was the same way. I hated taking lives, but it cost me in the end. You find that some days you need to do things that you won't be proud of doing." Her voice shook slightly, and she glanced over at Zarae's still form, tears moistening her own eyes. She reached for a pouch on her belt, then turned back to Lothir, "But you do it for the people you love. And that's what sets you aside from those others." She squatted down, barely meeting the drow at eye-level, and opened her palm, showing him the glittering contents of her bag. "But I'll be damned if Zarae becomes one of those who has to pay the price. Now," she tapped Lothir lightly on his cheek and grinned through her own tears, "You better wipe those tears off of your face or Zarae'll have a bigger shock when she comes back."

[color=indigo:1ludtsin]"Lady Maryne; you mentioned that you're a priestess of your goddess; is there anything you can do that could possibly. ." the clone stumbled in his next words; "bring Zarae back?"[/color:1ludtsin]

Standing back up, she nodded at Onix and turned back to Zarae, upending the contents of the bag onto her palm and bringing out a hefty amount of tiny diamonds and a small flask of holy water. "Well, at least I know bringing this wasn't a waste." Dropping the bag, she took out her tiny pendant of Eilistraee and placed it on the bed where she could see it, murmuring a soft prayer under her breath to Eilistraee. Unstoppering the flask one-handed with some difficulty, she sprinkled the water, then the diamonds on Zarae, chanting out loud the words that would cast a [b:1ludtsin]True Resurrect[/b:1ludtsin] on her friend. [i:1ludtsin]Zarae, come back to us[/i:1ludtsin] she thought silently as she tried to keep her focus on bringing Zarae back to life and keep emotion out of her mind. [i:1ludtsin]Come back[/i:1ludtsin].
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae had a bit of hope flicker in her eyes as she sat among the emptiness. she looked up as the voice spoke those words. a different voice so distance, like a whisper, [i:1gsmk8xz]come back[/i:1gsmk8xz].
the sensation that she remembered from teleportation was felt, similar to a pulling. which was strange for her since she hadnt really felt anything since she's been in this place.

as the prone body laid their a sudden gasp for air and her eyes shot open. one hand instinctively went to he abdomen, the other to her chest as she attempted to sit up.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

The battle was finally over, the carnage done. Bodies of the fallen lay among the living and the destruction took hold of the emotions of every survivor. Zana stood in silence as she saw Zarae, lying there, help all around her fading body.

They moved to the med bay and she stood next to Pyro, Lothir, and Drakin and watched Arya attempt to heal. She wasn't religious by any means, but she felt she needed to say a pray to whatever god or goddess that would listen: a pray for those who sacrificed their lives for their comrades, their brothers in arms.

She tilted her head down as she heard Lothir's story and Drakin's words, and started to choke up. Her throat constricted and a tear slid down her cheek, memories flooding her mind. Vlad silently came to stand beside her and gently nudged her arm with his giant head. [i:1vannegx]What's done is done. All we can do is thank the fallen, and be grateful we are among the living.[/i:1vannegx] He looked at Zarae, [i:1vannegx]And hope our comrade comes back to us.[/i:1vannegx]

Zana looked at Vlad with reddening eyes, "It's not fair."

[i:1vannegx]Nothing's fair,[/i:1vannegx] he said gently.

She sniffed quietly, "I could have saved him, like Arya's doing for Zarae. I could have..."

[i:1vannegx]Don't dwell. Be happy we are with people who care about others. Now isn't the time to mourn.[/i:1vannegx] He smiled faintly.

Zana wiped an eye an prayed for Zarae to return.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Listening to Maryne's words, the bard nods slightly, but it's clear that he still feels the pain of watching Zarae die right in front of him, even after the potion, the aid from Pyro, and everything else. "I KNOW that- but it's hard to tell yourself that when all you can think of is the loss. And it's not the killing itself that is bothering me. I didn't know those soldiers I killed, I didn't even look at their faces- it's the thought that I've been finding it harder and harder to control the...." He doesn't finish the thought, but his meaning is clear- he is starting to loose the part of himself that could be called "pure".

"I've done things today that I swore I never would. That damned bug in the breach was just a part of it- I honestly wanted to rip ervery last one of those ba$tards apart. The bug, too. Preferably in the most painful way possible. That is not my way- at least it wasn't before. But now...?" He shrugs, brow furrowed with worry. He glances up at Pyro and Drakeshin, he finally sighs. "I appreciate the thoughts, all of you- but it doesn't change what's happened. I lost another friend, and maybe a part of myself, too. I can't get that back. And I-"

He stops for a moment, and looks away, an expression in his eyes that those familiar with him would realize hasn't bee nthere before. "I'm afraid...." He wispers softly. "Afraid of what I'm turning into. I always hated him for what he was, but am I really so different? His blood is in me, and nthing I can do will ever change that. I thought I'd buried it forever, that I could prove I was better than that, but now..." He watches Maryne attempting to raise Zarae, and his hand goes to the pendant beneath his shirt, clutching at it with a whispered prayer.

At that moment, Zarae's eyes open, and she quickly tries to sit up. Incredulous, the bard simply stares, slack-jawed for a moment, then lets out a whoop of joy. "Sweet GODDESS, you're ALIVE!!!"

OOC: Sorry for the edit- I got cut off in the middle....
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro's face grew stern at Lothir's objections, just moments before Zarae breathed her life-giving breathes again.
"As a matter of fact, Lothir, I [b:1xddzel7]have[/b:1xddzel7] lost everyone I loved before, but what did I do; I [b:1xddzel7]got[/b:1xddzel7] over it in time. You don't think each of us has been through loss before?" he waved a hand around to each of the Thetas.
"No, Lothir; each and every single one of us has lost loved ones before, even our iron-hard Stalker has. Each of us knows how to deal with death because we see it everyday."

Suddenly, the clone looks somewhat saddened; "look, Lothir; I'm not gonna tell you that what you did was wrong; but don't assume that defending yourself is the same as killing indiscriminately. You fought and helped me and my brothers defend our ship from boarders that would've slaughtered all of the marines on board or worse, left them for the bugs. No, my bardic friend, what you did was nothing short of impressive. Stop blaming yourself for something that was gonna happen either way. You could not have stopped it from happening, just like myself or any of my brothers. You did the only thing that you could and fought. For that, you have my gratitude."
The demolitionist walked over and picked up the bard's blades.
"Even if you're becoming something you despise, only you can control it; if you let it gain control, you'll become exactly what you're fearing. Warrior or not, [b:1xddzel7]YOU[/b:1xddzel7] have the final say as to what you do and what your actions say for you."

"Here, you're the only one who can use these anyways," he said, extending the swords towards Lothir. "And, bard; I couldn't do that. The ladies would miss ya," he finished with a wink to Lothir.

At that moment, Pyro stopped dead in amazement as Zarae's lifeless body came back from death's grip. Never before had Pyro, or any of the clones seen such a feat performed and its success so real before in their lives.

"Well, now I've seen everything," came Stalker's usual sarcasm, which only earned him a solid, 'SMACK!!' to the back of the head from Onix.

"Now's not the time dumbass," Onix retorted with acid in his voice.

"Just stating a fact, Sir," the sniper shot back, rubbing his head, as Onix still had his exo-armor on.

"Sir, with all due respect, maybe you should both shut it for now. Lothir seems to be getting a good dose of PTSD, and I for one, would feel a lot better, if we just had a breather for a moment. I think even Zana is experiencing a bit of it, Sir," Edge said out loud in a calm, concise voice, waving a hand to the half-drow and her exo-armored snow tiger.

Onix nodded, as did Stalker, both of them all too familiar with what he aftermath of an intense firefight could do mentally, to the mind of any sane being.
"Alright, as soon as the bridge calls an all-clear for the battle, then we'll all get some well-deserved and much-needed R&R, on my word." With that Onix turned about just in time to see the needle-scared gargoyle going ballistic on one of the doctors, and right afterward, Drakin standing behind a snoring imp.

Onix doubled over in laughter, his exo-armor grinding its plates against each other in the process. Stalker looked over and smiled, surprisingly.
"You said an hour correct?" he asked Drakin as the doctor proceeded to quite quickly scrutinize the snoring gargoyle and mosey on away fast as possible.

When Zarae gasped inward, Ire'vae was astounded as her expression on her face spoke for her. However, right as the young rogue breathed in life-giving oxygen, Pyro made his way over to her, even as Ire'vae began taking readings on Zarae's vitals and double checking the equipment.
If the clone wasn't encased the mammoth size exo-armor, then he woulda embraced the young drowess in a huge bear hug.
"Next time ya sneak off like that, bring Stalker with ya," he said with a look of genuine concern on his face.

The sniper rolled his eyes at Pyro just as Edge made his way over to Lynx and Ryltar. The clone stopped before Lynx and Ryltar just as the young sun elf propped herself up on her bed.
"Glad to see our victorious savior is alive and up," he said with a smile. Judging from how Lynx hadn't said anything already, Edge was guessing that whatever magic she had pulled was a little much for her ability.
"Is she alright?" he asked Ryltar, the question itself sounding like a concerned friend.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar nodded to the Doctor before he glanced back to Lynx and took one hand in his. He was proud of her. She had pulled off a feat that seldom any mage, regardless of ability or skill could pull off. And the fact that it was so powerful that it killed over a hundred people? That was all the more amazing to him, and he longed for the day that he'd be able to wield such powerful magic himself, and the day that she'd join him in this. He'd lean down to press his lips against her forehead as she sat up on the bed and whispered quietly. [i:24hvmlno]You did well back there Lynx.. I'm proud of you. And it seems like you will be alright in time.. We will need to get a room, for you to get some proper rest.[/i:24hvmlno] He then glanced over to Edge and nodded a bit. [i:24hvmlno]She will be fine.. In time. She needs rest now though. She's unable to speak yet. The strain she put on her body to invoke the spell was too much for it to handle presently. That spell was three circles above the one's she has mastery over. It was quite the feat of strength she pulled off.[/i:24hvmlno]