Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

standing up, she spun around to take in her environment. grey, misty nothingness stretching out to infinity was all around her. some wind whipping her long hair the only break emptiness. she could see for miles but it all was the same.
she tried to recall what just happened; a battle in an alien craft; fighting.... did they pull some kinda trick? had she been captured? had Lloth finally gotten her? a deep fear began to grow in her. the last thing she ever wanted was to be captured alive.
'think,' she said to herself, 'Lloth would have me tortured and...it must be an alien trick.'
her body felt a sensation, or lack there of really. in fact she felt nothing. she pulled her hood over her head still trying to decide what to do, where to go. her hand went to the belt clasp that help the black sapphire. something wasnt right.
chancing it, "jala uss gaer?" she decided to holler.

meanwhile, the rogue felt cold in the bards arms; her lush color of her obsidian skin grey. her eyes closed, and her breath ceased. she was limp with no signs of life. the liquid went down, but there was no chocking, no indication of it working. if there was life in her still, there was no indication of it.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Edge saw Lynx go forward towards his wounded brothers, and make herself an obvious target.
"Cover that elf!!" he roared to the marines around him, even as another two were taken down right next to him; one by a bolt through the shoulder and one through the chest.

"MEDIC!!" one of the marines screamed as she knelt down to one of the two fallen; she removed his helmet, revealing a strikingly handsome, and young elven face, and caressed the fallen trooper's head, tears streaming down her half-elven cheeks.

Edge gritted his teeth at the sight; "where is squad-lead?" he growled to himself. However, it was Grisnaw and his rather suicidal actions, that caused him and quite number of marines to stare his direction.

[color=blue:31n3n4zd]"Tis only a flesh wound."[/color:31n3n4zd]

Edge actually was smiling for the gargoyle, despite the number of carbon-burns that the imp had incurred due to his rather blunt way of approaching things.

The [i:31n3n4zd]Nighthammer[/i:31n3n4zd] rocked again as an explosion ripped through the same corridor, this time from the point just next to the HVG, which still was blasting away by itself, though Marines were starting to take control of the systems again. The AA systems had fully been restored, so Lothir's guns now operated without his mental commands, as the auto-targeting system came fully back online.
The only gun still operating was Maryne's and she was doing a fine job of blasting things to bits with it.

Another full compliment of enemy soldiers rushed in, blazing away with laser carbines.

"There's too many of them; we'll never hold them back," cried one human marine near Edge, still keeping his rifle raised and blasting away at the enemy soldiers.

"They're just more meat for the grinder," Stalker exclaimed as he sighted one of the soldiers and calmly squeezed the trigger. His rail-sniper sent a hypersonic slug down range, and right into the chest of the one nasty looking troopers. He went spiraling into the floor, blood pooling from the hole literally blasted through him.

[color=red:31n3n4zd]One of the enemy soldiers noticed Lynx down near the fallen clones that they'd initially took down. Signaling his squad-mates near him, him and three others opened fire upon her, spraying the entire area with laser blasts.

Another four troops formed up and targeted the female half-elf as she was trying to move the fallen marine outta the line of fire. A hypersonic slug slammed into one of their foreheads, taking the bastards head, and all within it, clean off. The remaining three turned their attention upon Zana, whose shot was spot on, and opened fire on her, despite her now cleverly devised cover.

By this time, another two squads of five each had each taken up targets; one squad targeting a fallen Zarae and concerned Lothir holding her. The others focusing on the still crying female marine. Red energy rained in, going for the kill of each target.[/color:31n3n4zd]

If Lynx noticed the red energy blasts incoming, she would have thought herself a goner, along with the fallen clones, or at least those who were still alive. However, when the red beams of death came within feet of the magess the splashed over something invisible, as if a shield was there in front of them, dissipating over something huge.
A second later, one of the 7' tall exo-suit's appeared right in front of Lynx, in a kneeling position, its shields flaring as it absorbed laser blast after laser blast.

A similar thing happened to the female marine; even as she hugged her fallen lover in her arms, preparing for death. Again, beams splashed over an invisible shield. Yet another exo-armor uncloaked from in front of her.

The suit in front of Lynx turned an armored helmet towards her so one of the menacing looking visored 'eyes' was looking at her, as if it had peripheral vision.
"Miss Lynx, are you alright?" came Onix's familiar voice from the armored helmet.

"Bout time you guys arrived," Edge said as he fired off a staccato burst from his HMG.

"Better now then never," replied Ironside, as he uncloaked his exo-armor.
Turning to the female marine, the heavy gunner said, "get him and his comrade to a safe place, we'll cover you." With that, he raised his PB repeater and fired off quick 2 to 3 round bursts, as his weapon would overheat very quickly while it was used inside the ship.

Pyro skidded in front of Lothir, his exo-armor's shields flashing as they absorbed the punishment from the enemies crimson beams.
Turning to the bard, he placed an armored hand on Zarae and got a negative bio reading from her. [i:31n3n4zd]Damn it all[/i:31n3n4zd] he thought to himself.
Without a second thought, he moved his hand to his belt and pulled out a syringe, with a light blue liquid-gelatin in it. Carefully placing his free-hand on Zarae, he injected the needle into her neck, where the her major blood vessels were. Then, putting away the needle, he looked to Lothir.
"Lothir, get Zarae back to Edge and the others. Use me as cover, and I'll keep their fire off you, but stay [b:31n3n4zd]behind[/b:31n3n4zd] me," he growled, pulling out his HMG, and slamming a fresh clip into it. With that said, the demolitionist began moving slowly, allowing Lothir the time to carry Zarae's body back to the defensive line.

Edge saw two enemy soldiers go down, but his HUD picked up one blip from behind, then it was gone; spinning around, he saw Ryltar's spell go blasting forth, and right for the heart of the enemy soldiers.
One dropped dead, though for some reason Edge could guess at. The wizard's well placed Chain Lighting then arced forward and scorched three enemy troops just as a third explosion erupted and more enemies blazed in.
Edge was starting to get the feeling that this battle for HVG one was very grim.
However, with Onix and Ironside back and in kneeling position, all the marines behind them had some degree of cover from incoming laser fire, as the exo-armored clones absorbed the super-heated energy blasts, their shields flashing every-time they took a hit.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard breathes a sigh of relief when he sees Pyro appear at the rescue. He hefts her up wish a bit of difficulty, and with Pyro taking the heat off, deposits her in a sheltered corner past the blast doors, as the medics come racing up. "Get her into the infirmary or whatever it is you call it. She needs help!"

"Sir, shouldn't you see to those wounds?" asks one medic, pointing at the bard's own injuries.

"No time! These guys need every hand they can get!" He shouts back, then grabs the SMG from the nearest fallen marine and quickly cocks and loads it, then returns to the battle, laying down fire in a sweep at the enemy, right beside Onix an the others. Then he suddenly lets out a high, keenong note, that rolls down the corridor at the enemies, sending most of them reeling in painful disorientation, dropping weapons, some staggering to their knees, yelling as the vibrations reach into their heads and leave them stunned. The distraction makes them easy prey for the marines and Thetas, leaving them open to a barrage of fire.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx squirmed, watching the blasts of red energy flying her way, the elf was pale like fresh snow. Then she glanced to Onix, muttering to him, her lips twitching as she was still grasping at the wounded marine, covered in his blood now.[i:8e3i4r3g] Onix... tell all ours to not listen... they should stop hearing the sounds... all of ours. No sounds. -Please!-[/i:8e3i4r3g] The request was odd, really, yet there was something in her face that would make Onix think she was serious, deadly so.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro taking all of the blasts for Lothir, breaths a sigh of relief as he sees Zarae make it into the hands of the medics.
"Take care of her," he says to the medic, his tone not one to be trifled with.
With that he goes back to blasting the enemy soldiers, positioning himself between Ironside and Onix, as to create an effective barrier for the marines to duck behind, his HMG roaring in staccato bursts.

[color=red:27f5kby2]Lothir's song of deafening doom made several boarders scream out in agony, the piercing noise howling in their ears. The rest of the enemies, shrugged off Lothir's high note, or they adjusted their helmets, though these helmets were fully enclosed like the Marines had and the clones as well.
Those who are affected are quickly picked off as Onix orders all to open fire. They're slaughtered in seconds, as both Marine, Clone and the rest of Onix's group blast down upon them with merciless fury.[/color:27f5kby2]

Onix heard Lynx speak to him, and was about to ask what she was referring to, but the logical part of him argued to just do as she asked.

"Marines, adjust helmet control on my mark; Theta's do the same. Lothir," he turns to the bard, and says "I don't know what she's up to but keep yourself from listening. Everyone," he spoke into the comm, referring to his group from Toril; "keep your ears low, and make sure no volume is heard, do it NOW!!"

He turned back to Lynx; "I hope, whatever it is you're doing, works; my team and the marines will go sound-dampening on your mark."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The young elf staggered to her feet then, visibly shaken. This was not a game anymore, she had never seen a battle like that before, never watched so many losses of those on the same side with her before. So no, it was not a game anymore, it was death... the slaughter... So she straightened, quivering slightly, barely visible through her concealment, her face deadly pale. [i:2et6isym]Now, Onix.[/i:2et6isym] She whispered, feeling her lips trembling a bit, then took a deeper breath, trying to still herself.

Her heart skipped a beat as the dark arcane words began escaping her. She attempted to do an almost impossible thing right now, evoke a spell of the ninth circle. Ninth, whereas she barely mastered the seventh not so long ago. Lynx was frightened, desperate and it only fueled her resolve. She wanted this fight to be over. NOW. Her chin was lifted up some as she stood, facing the enemies fire, weaving the most intricate and powerful spell in her life, shielded by Onix from the blasts.

As the incantation was completed, her face turned almost unnaturally white and her thin body arched violently. The magess threw her head back, gasping for the air, pained, then let out a loud chilling shrill. The sight of her frame twisted by the dark spell was far from pleasant, the sound even less so, it was not a sound of a living being. The shrill was horrifying, freezing to death, ripping souls out of bodies of those who heard it. Even with all his filters and protections, Onix might sense chills running down his spine, being so close to the source. It was hard to say how long it lasted, perhaps only a couple of seconds, or maybe much much longer. Once it ended, the young woman slumped onto the wounded marines, clutching at her throat, passing out - the [i:2et6isym]Wail of Banshee[/i:2et6isym] took its toll on her.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar had sent out another casting of chain lightning at a squad of soldiers. Things were looking dire in deed, though he was confident in the end that they'd repel the enemy force. Then, he felt a tingling in the back of his neck as Lynx wove the powerful magical spell a distance from him. His eyes went wide with shock, and awe as he heard and felt each syllable come together, the tensing in the weave as it was drawn taught with each somantic component did. Instinctively he covered his ears, knowing full well what was to come, and when it did, even they couldn't stop the chill that ran down his spine at the display of power. When he saw Lynx drop to the ground he quickly dove towards her and immediately pulled the unconscioius mage into his lap. [i:2dw1ib1g]Lynx!? Lynx, are you with me!?[/i:2dw1ib1g]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Hearing Onix give the command to cover their ears, the bard flips up his hood, and drops to the floor with his hands on his ears over the hood, knowing full well the devastating effects a sonic spell can have. He has no idea just what spell she is casting, but gut instinct tells him it is not something he wants to hear. He is reminded of the harpy's song that once enspelled him back on Anterris, and shudders.Perhaps she intends to charm the enemy soldiers into surrendering? He grins to himself at the thought, and watches to see what will come.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=indigo:eo8893zf][i:eo8893zf]Now, Onix.[/i:eo8893zf][/color:eo8893zf]

"Sound suppression on, NOW! Vlad, that means you too!" Onix barked into his helmet, then switching off his helmet speakers as he was instructed. All of the marines and Theta's followed suit, disengaging their helmet speakers from the outside world right as Lynx unleashed her horrific spell upon the enemy troops.

His shields lit up as the young magess stood up and made herself a target, but the clone's massive frame, coupled with the sheer size of his exo-armor, gave Lynx more than apt cover to do whatever it was she was doing.

Then the clone felt an unnatural cold race up his spine as the young elf cast [i:eo8893zf]Wail of the Banshee[/i:eo8893zf]. Whatever it was Lynx just did, Onix wasn't sure he wanted to know as his eyes laid upon the results.

[color=red:eo8893zf]The enemy soldiers kept on advancing, despite the now formed up barrier of clones in their exo-armor. Right then, Lynx stood up from behind Onix, and started to weave a spell of some sorts.
They all opened fire upon her, however, the massive, exo-armored clone in front of her took all of the punishment. Then, the young magess let loose a death-inviting screech of unbelievable power and darkness.
The boarders responded by letting loose shrills and unearthly screams as they each felt something inside them being torn from their very own bodies. They twisted and writhed, bucked and thrashed about, but nothing stopped that unearthly and almost ungodly, screech of sheer evil that emanated from Lynx. Two enemy troops vomited right there and then; ironically they were two of the lucky eight. Their comrades started to collapse one-by-one around them, lifeless, pale as the blood drained from their faces and skin.

Out of the 138 odd enemy soldiers that were on board, only eight actually lived through the entire ordeal, completely confused as to what had just happened.[/color:eo8893zf]

When Onix looked up through his visored helmet, he was astonished as to what happened. However, it was the low, guttural-growl that came from one of the blasted holes in the corridor that made those chills that Lynx had caused to be very much valid.
"Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me," he growled through the comm.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She was pale, deadly pale, laying across Ryltar's lap, still out cold, thought he could see her chest rising and falling slightly - she was alive. The spell however damaged her a lot as she pushed herself a bit too far, drawing the energies she had not mastered yet. The shadows beneath her eyes were dark, her lips almost lost the color. Suddenly, as if something snapped in her, she opened her eyes - they were bloodshot and dark now. Lynx peered up to Ryltar and then attempted to say something - but no sound escaped her, her fingers sank into her own throat a little as she tried to utter at least a single sound - or at least to mewl quietly - but to no avail. Her voice was gone.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir looks up as she unleashes her spell, and watches in mute fascinated horror as the enemies drop like flies, writhing and bucking- and screaming soundlessly with his hands clamped tight over his hooded ears- until few remain. At last, when no more fall, he cautiosly looks back at Lynx, and sees her falling to the floor. He rushes to catch her, but Ryltar beats him to it, and he simply stands by in helpless confusion, wondering what to do now, and gazing down at the unquestionably powerful magess in concern.

"Will she be alright?" he asks, then sighs with relief as she opens her eyes. Her hand goes to her throat, and he realizes that she has lost her voice from whatever she did- and he suspects from the results that he knows what spell she had cast. He shudders in utter horror of such power, and for just a moment, he reflects on his own earlier displays of power with the stunning screech and the bonefiddle. By nature, he has always avoided casting such horrific magic in the past, out of fear that he might somehow become tainted by such power. Yet now, in the midst of so much insanity, he has used spells he swore never to use against another living being- and has done it with glee.

Just then, he hears a growl from one of the holes in the ship, and turns to face the new threat. "Now what?!" he asks Onix, who it seems has also detected the new menace.

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar stroked some of Lynx's blonde locks from her eyes and offered a reassuring smile as he pulled her close to his chest. He knew she likely wouldn't be able to talk for a while, but that wouldn't prevent them from speaking mentally. He paid no minds to the growls for now and focused on the Sun Elf in his arms. [i:oar80qf0]"It's Alight Lynx.. I'm here now... Rest for now my love. You did extremely well.. But you shouldn't have pushed yourself so hard.."[/i:oar80qf0]

Glancing over to Lothir, he'd just give a curt nod.[i:oar80qf0] She will be fine in time. She needs alot of rest now though.[/i:oar80qf0]
Last edited by Calabask on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana heard Onix's orders and decided it best to heed them. She took one last shot at an enemy, slung the rifle on her back and punched the panel on the closet. She quickly pulled her hand in as it shut with a hiss. She clasped her hands over her ears and waited.

She had a vague idea of what Lynx was up to, but she didn't know the intensity of what was about to happen. Then she heard it, just faintly, through her covered ears. The shriek was that of a banshee, and a damn powerful one at that. She envied these who had helmets and felt herself get suddenly nauseous. She wanted to hold her stomach but knew better. She waited until the spell was done and cautiously uncovered her ears.

Silence.

She opened the door and looked about, only to see dead soldiers and a fallen magess. Never, in her entire life, had she seen a spell so powerful be preformed. Not even the sorcerer she knew had the capability to do that. "Thank the gods for spell casters who know what they're doing," she said, grateful for Lynx's sacrifice, but worried for her as well.

Vlad disabled the audio in his helmet on Onix's command, having no idea what the purpose of the order was for. He heard a faint shrill cry. [i:tabx66ti]Banshee.[/i:tabx66ti] Even with audio turned off, the sound came through due to his incredibly sensitive hearing. His head spun, vision blurred, and a sick feeling overcame him. [i:tabx66ti]Oh, not good...not in the helmet,[/i:tabx66ti] he prayed. But it went as quick as it came, leaving the enemies around him, dead. [i:tabx66ti]Impressive.[/i:tabx66ti]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix saw Lynx collapse behind him thanks to his multiple mounted cams on his helmet.
Activating his comm and his helmets speakers, Onix looks to Ryltar and says, "get her to the medics, they'll see to her, and if we need you, I'll shout for ya."

[color=blue:1yy5fuw1]"Now what?!" he asks Onix, who it seems has also detected the new menace.[/color:1yy5fuw1]

"If my guess is correct, bug," he breathes outward slowly.

"Sir, with all due respect, can't we just nuke it?" Pyro asks from beside him, a hard edge in his normal joyful attitude.

"Depends, Pyro, depends," Onix replies calmly.

[color=red:1yy5fuw1]Just as the clone says this to his demolitionist, a Leecher head launches outta the breech and grabs hold of one of the eight remaining enemy troopers. Screaming as the very life is sucked from his body, the enemy soldier quickly turns into nothing but dust, bones, and tissue.

The 8 meter tall, jet-black bug dropped the corpse as it turned its acid-green glowing eyes upon the clones, marines and the their group. Letting loose a bellowed growl, it launches at them, covering ground slowly at first, then gaining speed.[/color:1yy5fuw1]

"Sir?" one of the remaining marines turns to Onix, a clueless and somewhat scared look, on his face.

"Hold your ground," Onix says calmly, not turning away from the charging Leecher; "All marines, hold. . .your. . . ground!"
((I'm gonna wait for some others to respond and then post up what'll happen to the bug; you'll love it))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakashin, Grisnaw, and Scar all heard the command relayed by Onix. Grisnaw, already having a helmet on did as the clone said.

Drakin used his shotel to catch a helmet under the chin piece a flipped it into his hand and also engaged the correct mode, though he hated having a helm on, for some reason it always made him feel a bit claustrophobic.

Scar, on the other hand, used a much more simplistic means. He tore a bit off of his shirt and stuffed the fabric into his ears.

Once the spell went off, Scar got the worse of it. He felt weak and disoriented for a couple of seconds, but, the distance from Lynx was great enough that the worst of it didn't bleed through.

Grisnaw on the other hand pulled off his helmet and actually started to pout a bit, "Ah, she took all the fun! Could've at least left a few more for me."

Drakin pulled his helm off as well and tossed it to the ground, "Just be glad we lived."

"Bah," the gargoyle waved the comment away, "Could have killed them with my little finger and one of those guns."

"Let's go see what the damage is before someone does put a gun into your hands."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701