Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=red:1cnxymaf]Drakin's high-intensity energy beam blasted forth from his turret, and impacted the command bridge dead on. The dreadnought, no longer able to keep itself in a controlled flight, began to tumble and spin slowly out of control as it's controls had been utterly destroyed. The assassin continued to acquire key targets and send sniper shots of concentrated energy down range towards the dreadnought. Hangers, the rest of the engines, the shield generators, anything that was of value to the ship quickly became a value target to Drakin.

Grisnaw's reckless assault against, well, anything proved more useful than the maniacal gargoyle might have thought. Each of his long range blasts, while destroying countless drones, and reducing a few unlucky bigger craft to molten slag, blasted against the rolling dreadnought, tearing open its hull like an empty tin-can on a shooting range.

Lynx's continued barrage, along with the fat imp's merciless hammering against the dreadnought that blew open the hull, broke through the armor of ship, blasting through the interior. The dreadnought started to vent its atmosphere. Figures could be seen getting sucked out of the ship as its hull folded in upon itself.

The combined barrage from Lynx, Grisnaw, and Drakin, followed closely by Lothir's newly activated turret, blasted through the dreadnought, but it's superstructure still held, keeping the ship intact, even as some random laser blasts were shot back in a feeble attempt to ward off the groups combined and very relentless assault.[/color:1cnxymaf]

Edge saw that his companions were doing their job well, a little too well, he thought, but shrugged his shoulders and concentrated his efforts with his AA's on the drones, continuing to blast them to ribbons.

The clone noticed Lothir cast an odd spell on his AA turret, which then began to fire at drones [b:1cnxymaf]on its own[/b:1cnxymaf]. Edge had to do a double take as Lynx performed the same little incantation and several AA stations go active, not only targeting drones, but knocking them outta the sky as well, albeit randomly, but still effectively.

Returning his attention to the battle outside of his screen, Edge notices the slowly disintegrating dreadnought; looking to Stalker, he says "brother, give that [b:1cnxymaf]thing[/b:1cnxymaf] a Hell's Fury."

The sniper nods as he slaves his AA guns to Edge's station, then jumps outta his seat and makes his way over to a [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 0:1cnxymaf]heavy rail-cannon[/url:1cnxymaf] and begins to power it up.

"They won't know what hit 'em," Stalker chuckles to himself as he begins to power up the heavy gun. Power readings flow over his screen, indicating weapon charge and ammo that is readily available. Stalker selects the [b:1cnxymaf]Special[/b:1cnxymaf] ordnance category, and under it presses his gloved hand on the 'Tactical Nuke' [url=http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... h:1cnxymaf]symbol[/url:1cnxymaf] that flashes up, right beside a Tactical EMP symbol. His screen flashes 'Ready', and he takes aim with the heavy rail-cannon.

When the sniper has the dreadnought in his sights, he simply says "You like vaping my brothers, assholes, well here's the favor returned," and depresses the fire button. His rail-cannon jolts as it accelerates the shell to unbelievable speeds. Within two seconds, the view-port lights up as nuclear-enhanced rail-cannon slug slams into the floating dreadnought and [url=http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=nuke%20 ... v:1cnxymaf]explodes[/url:1cnxymaf], lighting up the dark space around them.

If any of the companions were looking, Edge and Stalker were grinning maniacally as the dreadnought was reduced to molten pieces by the nuke.

Outside the ship, Onix, Vlad, Pyro and Ironside, along with the remaining clones, continued to blast away at drones, and any heavy fighter or gunship that strayed to close.

[quote:1cnxymaf]You know? I think I really prefer the bounty hunting business. This sucks! It's so chaotic and...scary. Vlad said to the squad, this being the first time he'd ever admit being scared. He then went back to using his PB gun to shoot at the drones shooting at him.[/quote:1cnxymaf]

"Trust me, things usually aren't this hectic. The only reason that we're out here is simply because the enemy got lucky and took out our automatic targeting system. Without it, the AA guns require a manual operator to function." Onix replied to Vlad, just as he blasted a drone to pieces with his PB rifle.

[color=red:1cnxymaf]Those operating the AA guns did their work beautifully; drones by the dozen were either blasted to scrap metal, or reduced to spinning, molten masses.

Between Edge, Maryne, Zarae, Lothir and Lynx's newly animated guns, and Scar's AA turrets, the outside of the HVG was truly a spectacle to behold. Rail-gatling slugs arced through the dark space, colliding with shields or blowing holes in drones and fighters alike.

However, things went from bad to absolute shit-storm as five heavy fighters streaked in. Two of them were cut off by Lothir's AA fire, their shields glowing and flickering as his AA fire bounced off, and blown to pieces by Zana's heavy 100mm AA rail-gatlings.
The three that made it, however, raced toward the HVG, making a B-line for the control station of the enormous cannon.
AA fire, along with concentrated particle-beam fire from the clones, glanced off their shields, slowly weakening them to near nothing, but not before each fighter launched three plasma-phase missiles. . . right at the control station for the HVG.((This is one deck above where the companions are))[/color:1cnxymaf]

Pyro's blood went to ice as he saw nine missiles streak for the deck where his squad-mates and his friends were.
"Everyone, look out!!" he shouted into his comm.

Edge turned his helmeted head just in time to see the missiles coming in.
Right as he was about to say something, the comm opened up; "HVG station, we're nearly at full charge, and. . . " the comm went dead immediately as the missiles streaked in and exploded into the control station right above the group and their control station. The deck beneath Edge and Stalker rocked with force of an earthquake, nearly throwing them outta their seats.

The comm crackled to life as Captain Witmor came over it; "HVG station 1, respond. Control station, respond immediately."
When only static answered, cursing could be heard in the background of the bridge-comm as it clicked off.

Edge's comm burst to life; "Theta lead, do you copy, this is Witmor, over."

The clone scrambled to answer the comm; "This is Theta squadron assistant lead, Edge-056, over."

"Edge; I think you were there when HVG one took a hit to the control room," Witmor said, more of a statement than anything else.

"Yes sir; it took a direct hit from nine plasma phase missiles. The HVG is down until either we can open up the control room again or we reroute the controls to another station, Sir."

"Understood; I am authorizing you to select a gunner and controller for the HVG and to get it up and operational NOW!! We don't have time to waste, soldier."

"Yes Sir! The gun'll be up in two minutes, Sir."

"Good to hear it, Theta. Witmor out."

Edge looked around, trying to figure out how to solve this newly formed dilemma.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She held back a yelp as the ship rocked with the blast the HVG gun took a direct hit, then she blinked, looking over to Edge, thoughtful. [i:14orbxcn]Show me what that control room looks like, Edge? I can portal in there... Just hope the air is not leaking from that room.[/i:14orbxcn] Lynx pursed her lips, still trying to keep her focus so the turrels were still plucking the drones out. The thought of controlling THAT gun made the elf fidget on her seat with barely contained excitement.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue released the trigger for a moment to grasp something to keep from falling from the swirling chair as the ship basically shook violently beneath them. she managed to keep her self off the floor at least.
'this is not good, not good at all,' she said to herself a bit of worry starting to creep in. her eyes were less violet now, twords a bluish color that often showed worry.
hands went quickly back to continue with the fight. aiming particularly those to close to the ship.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Grisnw's dropped as he saw the explosion that Stalker had created with his gun.

He turned to the clone and said angrily, "Why didn't you give me that gun?!" Then more quietly and in a sad voice, while tapping his fingers on his chair, "I could have had even more fun."

At that moment he fell, once again, out of his chair and onto his face.

========

"They just don't give up, do they?" Drakin sighed as he recovered from the blast the Nighthammer took.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard snarled out a curse in drowic that would have made a sailor blush as he saw the missiles hit the huge cannon's targeting controls, and kept firing, blasting at any target that came in range. Sweat was pouring off his brow as he mentally aimed the rail-guns while targeting the larger ships with the turbo-laser. With each fighter or drone he obliterated, he spat out a name. "Aldan, Ardra, Morganna, Jezdin, Belgreth, Sodril, Vendrathir, Alondis, Tazdril...." The litany went on, his light blue eyes blazing with a cold fury, teeth bared in a fierce grimace. He seemed to almost growl with vented anger and frustration with each new name and explosion.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:pxli7ge3][i:pxli7ge3]Show me what that control room looks like, Edge? I can portal in there... Just hope the air is not leaking from that room. [/i:pxli7ge3][/quote:pxli7ge3]

Edge shook his head at Lynx right as her question left her lips.
"Even if you could portal into the control room by some magical means, there's no atmosphere left in there. When the gunners were speaking over the comm when the missiles impacted, you heard static correct? That means that everyone in there is dead, probably due to asphyxiation. The atmosphere's gone from that room, take a look."

Edge brought his wrist up, keyed in a few commands and his hollow projector sprang to life. He brought up the security cam for the HVG control room; what he and the others saw was something like a graveyard. Officers and the few marines that were stationed in there floated lifelessly around, their bodies sometimes colliding with each other. Almost every race could be found among the corpses; elven, half-elves, human, dark elves, a few dwarves, all were there. . . just dead. Edge shut the holo-projector down as he felt himself starting to react to the sight.

"Unless you were fully suited up, which would take time we don't have, you could enter that room, but even now there's nothing we can. . . . wait a second," he said, a new thought going through his head.

Edge opened up his comm to Onix and his team; "Sir, you still alive?"

Outside on the hull, the clones blazed away at any fighter or drone that happened to get in their line of fire.
Onix heard the comm crackle within his helmet and responded to it.
"Yeah, Edge; I'm here and still kicking, though for how long . . ." Onix had to pause in his reply as a drone streaked in and opened up a barrage of fire on him and his squad-mates. That only lasted as long as the drone did, which was soon blasted to pieces from an-increasingly excited, and angry, Lothir.
"Anyways, what do ya want?" he asked Egde through his mic.

"Miss Lynx was wondering if we could somehow reactivate the HVG from the control station?"

"Have you seen what that room looks like. There's no way that even you or I could get that thing up and. . " Onix's words were cut short as Edge interrupted him, his voice a tad bit excited.

"Sir, that's not what I'm asking. What I'm saying is could you, Ironside or Pyro jump up and through the hole that the missiles made and connect the control interface to our station below?"

Onix stood there, in his exo-suit, completely baffled at the fact that he hadn't realized that possibility.
"Give me two minutes," was all his reply was.

[color=red:pxli7ge3]Drones swarmed around the troopers outside on the hull, only to fall prey to the barrage of AA gatling fire that blasted up from the hull around the HVG.
The thee heavy fighters that had blasted through HVG control station, were blasted to pieces as Lothir's AA guns made mincemeat outta their hulls.
A gunship, along with a small flight of drones, made an arching B-line for Onix, his squad, Vlad and the Betas. This was met with a hail-storm of rail-gatling slugs from Zarae's guns. Drones flew to pieces as the drowesses AA's tore through their shields and armor. The gunship had the misfortune of meeting an anti-matter rocket from Pyro's launcher head-on. The resulting explosion turned night to day for a split second as the anti-matter within the rocket reacted with all available matter around it, creating explosions that dwarfed the nuke that Stalker had shot moments earlier.[/color:pxli7ge3]

Back in the control room, Stalker overheard Grisnaw's comment towards him.
"You might have blown us up as well as the enemy, imp," the sniper retorted, shooting another slug into a heavy fighter with his heavy cannon.

[quote:pxli7ge3]"They just don't give up, do they?"[/quote:pxli7ge3]

"They're just more meat for the grinder," Stalker replied, grinning as he did.

Less than a minute later, the lights within the control room flickered slightly, and new outlines appeared on a few screens.
On one of the screens, the words 'Hyper Velocity Gun' formed.

"Alright, it's online," came Onix's rather excited voice from over the comm.
"I don't give a flying [i:pxli7ge3]fierfek[/i:pxli7ge3] who mans this thing, just show 'em who's boss." With that, the comm went dead.

Edge looked to Lynx and smirked, as if he was gonna say 'you want the heavy guns, you got 'em.'
Instead he said, "Lynx, man that station, and make sure that you shoot to kill."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

OOC;l Sorry, more disruptions and whatnot. Good to go now.

IC:

Ryltar meanwhile during all this had made his way below deck to the power relay station. Taking out some specialty tools he'd open up the chases of the one attached to the guns outside and grinned as he pulled a crystal from them, cuasing the power to go out through there. With the power gone, he was able to set about his work. Taking out a small knife with a powered blade on it he made small etchings into the crystal, and another carving various arcane runes into them. Next he'd take out some coal dust and would whisper, quickly, quietly as the dust magically filled the carvings and pulsed a low purple with the power of the enchantment placed on them and the Shadow Weave. He'd then reinsert the crystals and would tap his comm. [i:2xhr4nwz]Power up my station and fire it! If I did things right, anything organic caught in the waves this gun should be sending out will be transported to the shadow plane![/i:2xhr4nwz]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She stared at Edge with her eyes shining and opened wide, her jaw almost dropping - giving him [url=http://griffian101.deviantart.com/galle ... e:21rszg4i]this look[/url:21rszg4i]. [i:21rszg4i]Oooooh can I?![/i:21rszg4i] Lynx attempted to sound normal, but instead a little squeel of glee escaped her lips and she fidgetted on her seat, taking a few sharp deep breaths in a vain attempt to calm down. [i:21rszg4i]Let's play then...[/i:21rszg4i] Fortunately the young elf knew well what the discipline was so got her emotions under control impressively quick. Her fingers touched the control panel and she entered the coordinated to the closest enemy vessel - one of the four remained, her lips pursing cutely as she finally hit 'fire'. The animated guns never stopped plucking the enemies out.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix, outside, watched as the gun that Ryltar had fiddled with came online. Whoever was operating it didn't matter, he watched as the gun fired.

An odd wave blasted forth from the turret, straight for an incoming pair of heavy fighters.

[color=red:bpi9fsao]The two heavy fighters banked hard to the left, though only one fighters made it out of the waves path. The wave caught the heavy fighter straight in the center. The fighter then just maintained its course, which a second later blasted into the [i:bpi9fsao]Nighthammer's[/i:bpi9fsao] shields.[/color:bpi9fsao]

When Lynx depressed the 'fire' button for the HVG, the entire section of the ship shook violently as the five 120-kiloton depleted plutonium slugs were accelerated down the 1.5 kilometer barrel of the Hyper Velocity Gun by the electromagnetic rails within the huge weapon. The five slugs, surrounded in an energy envelop, blasted outta the HVG at a third of the speed of light.

The five slugs [url=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/st ... g:bpi9fsao]lunged out into space[/url:bpi9fsao] and connected with Lynx's targeted enemy vessel, a battleship of some size. The first two slugs hit the shields. The shields flickered and then failed as soon as the third round hit. The forth slug tore a hole right through the battleships hull, sending explosions all the way around the entrance point. The fifth and final round collided with the ships hanger bay, burying itself deep within the bowls of the ship, and sending the enemy vessel into an uncontrolled spin. The ship exploded into millions of pieces a split second later, with dozens of cheers and the raised, armored fists of the clones all outside on the hull.

Edge nodded at Lynx; "good shooting." Then resumed blasting drones to pieces with his AA's.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Sweating profusely, the bard continues his barrage, not letting up for a moment. Each time a fighter, drone, or gunship enters his range, it is targeted by a rain of fire. This goes on for how long, he has no idea. All he can think of is the men floating dead outside, and others still in danger. And perhaps, there is something else he is seeing, as well- something half-buried rising up like a zombie to clutch at his soul, that drives him to the very edge of- what, he doesn't even try to think about. He simply reacts, letting years of training and reflexes take over, fueled by rage and frustration.

The huge guns are not much different from the massive cannons on the Iceheart and Executioner, if easier to aim and fire. More like larger versions of the flintlock weapons his father's crews were so fond of, stolen gnomish devices of almost instant death he remembers only too well. After several more minutes of continual fire, his vision seems to blur, the targets no longer even registering as separate objects, but simply pieces of a larger foe. Eventually, he begins to run out of targets, though it hardly registers. Snarling out another viscious curse, he concentrates his fire on those larger ships that remain, only occasionally swiveling the guns to take aim at a stray fighter or drone left over. When the huge HVG fires, he doesn't even stop to look- just keeps firing for as long as the ammo- or whatever the weapons he is manning uses- holds out.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar awaited for any word of some form of success from his modifications to the turret before he himself tapped his com to communicate to Onix. [i:19ln54vj]How did the weapon perform? I can do other things too, I believe. But it should likely wait for when we're not under attack. Though if you think some extra firepower won't hurt, I'll be more than happy to experiment down here.[/i:19ln54vj] He'd then tap his comm again, this time opening a channel to Lynx. [i:19ln54vj]I don't know where this knowledge came from, but it is certainly interesting.[/i:19ln54vj]
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=darkred:1glfaf0f]Lothir's storm took out most of the fighters in front of him, pieces of each of his targets flying outwards with each hit to clutter the field around them. As soon as he turned to the larger ships, still more fighters come in from the sides to fill the large gap he had left, though the depletion of their numbers was evident in the large spaces between them.

Tiny sparks flew around the shields of the ship he turns his attention to, catching several shots from the others as well. It turns slightly, releasing its own load at the [i:1glfaf0f]Nighthammer[/i:1glfaf0f] and her fighters, blue-white streaks of energy racing through space aimed at the ship, the bolts weaker than the blasts before, but still strong enough to damage the ship.
[/color:1glfaf0f]

Maryne steadied herself after the blast and angled her gun upwards, ignoring the now fewer drones moving to replace the others and aiming for a bigger ship, awed by Lynx's impressive display with the HVG. She held the trigger down, grinning slightly as the machine hummed to life again, hoping if she kept at it, something neat would happen.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix tapped his helmet with his armored knuckle plate, making double sure that he was overhearing the conversation with Ryltar.

Pyro turned to Onix and asked; "can we keep him?"

The three clones snickered as Onix responded to Ryltar; "Pyro wants to hire you on as our magical technician. So yes, whatever mods you made to Lynx's gun, it worked beautifully. As to firepower, if ya want give all the experimenting you can."

To blasts from Onix's gun sent a drone careening into the hull. A rocket from Pyro blasted a heavy fighter and the drones surrounding it to nice fireball.

"Sir look!" Ironside exclaimed pointing an armored glove to a series of boarding craft that neared the hull of the Nighthammer[/b].

"Oh no, not good," Onix said in low voice.

Edge and Stalker were busy blasting away at the enemy craft when the sound of an explosion blasted in through the air as the ground rocked underneath their feet.
The overcomm crackled to life, as well as an [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQI1Fvp6 ... d:3q47mc9b]alarm[/url:3q47mc9b] that went blaring.

"Attention, all personnel, the ship has been breached. I repeat hull-breach detected near HVG one and all surrounding decks. All marines to your stations."
Shouting could be heard outside the control room, as well as gun fire being exchanged between the boarders and defenders.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

As the alarm sounded warnings that the ship had been boarded, Drakin jumped up from his chair.

"Finally," he said as he pulled out his shotel, "Time for some close quarters fighting."

He start to fallow the stream of clones to where the fighting was going to happen.

"Come on, Grisnaw," he called out to the gargoyle, whom was still having fun shooting off his turret at the other, crippled, ship.

"Ah," the gargoyle pouted, "I'm enjoying myself here though!"

"Hurry up," Drakin responded with a smile, "Or you'll miss a chance to find some alien guns."

Grisnaw hoped up at that and ran past Drakin, putting the helmet on that the clones gave him, "Hurry up slowpoke!!" he yelled at Drakin, who only shook his head at the gargoyle.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((ah nuts u beat me to it...lol))

the rogue, seeing everyone so focused on the screens slid her chair back carefully to a dark spot created by the computers. then in a second disappeared. she exited the room and made her way thru the corridors and twords the boarding aliens. they most likely would not suspect or notice her absence for awhile.
the sounds and ruckus was easy to follow and she doubted any would be preparing to detect magic.

ahead a few were attempting to sneak thru the ship, like a scouting group. the rogue then jumped up to cling onto an overhead lip in the ceiling. her legs were maneuvered up into a position for her to spring. she pulled her cloak around her so its dangling would not be felt. the enemy moved into position, just below her. they sensed her for they paused, one holding up an arm to alert the others, using some signals to communicate with the others. drawing a thin blade, steady breathing and muscle tense like a panther, she was ready to spring.
then from the shadows, struck, the poison coated blade appearing as it slid into a crease in the armor, into ones neck (sneak attack). he clutched his neck as he fell unable to move. the blade extracted leaving a small gory mess. the group turned on her to open a barrage of missiles. but with quick reflexes she'd jumped flipped back (tumble) to disappear into the shadows again and leaping into the air over them in a matter of seconds. landing on the other side, Zarae drew a second dagger, twirling them both in her hand in anticipation.
she moved to strike again as they still facing the direction she had just been. the blade sunk into two aliens standing side by side. they fell to the floor in a slump also as the others turned to the attacker and raised their weapon to fire. the streaks of deadly light come her direction. the missiles just missed as she put a foot to the wall in for the difficult maneuver, bounced off, her other boot hitting the parallel wall, then she kicked out at the nearest and landed softly in the corridor. another round of the missiles made way tword her, and Zarae prepared to jump outta range from her position as before, but something was different; she adjusted for the new development but...

(I edited to better my reponse and b/c i was board)[/size:cgwu4fqt]

((the poison is Rathrae Dos. it attacks the central nervous system, rendering its victim completely incapable of movement, capable of feeling pain.))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~