Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard glances at Zarae at her question, and shakes his head. "Do you know anything about spelljamming ships? They all carry their own atmosphere, because out beyond a certain point in the sky, there IS no air to breathe. So if we go outside this ship...." He shrugs, and continues, "We'd be dead in only a few minutes."

He watches her tap in the numbers on the pad, and gives her a puzzled look. "How did you know how to open that?" He asks, then shakes his head. "Never mind, I'm not sure I want to know."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3h5ycu94]Oh, alright[/i:3h5ycu94]. Lynx let out a rather nervous sounding chuckle. [i:3h5ycu94]And I was about to.. But by the Gods, that thing was HUGE![/i:3h5ycu94] She followed the clone down the stairs and breathed out quietly only when the doors of the turbolift closed after them with a quiet 'beep'. [i:3h5ycu94]What shall we do now? What's the plan?[/i:3h5ycu94] The elf muttered, wishing she had a breather since the fight with the Leecher, but hey, seemingly the rest had to wait now.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:1qugz8nf]And how do we intend to protect the gun unless they come aboard? I'm fairly certain a water breathing spell will keep me alive outside. [/i:1qugz8nf]The drow remarked as he looked to the door, and entered the lift as it opened. [i:1qugz8nf]I've also never tried my spells in space before, so it should be interesting to see how that goes.[/i:1qugz8nf]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Stalker looked to Zarae as she keyed in a code to the HVG station, and the massive door started to open.
The sniper just turned toward her and remarked; "somehow I get the feeling someone gave you that."

Pyro chirped up; "Yeah; and that's why she's a perfect rendition to the squad."

Stalker gave him a look that said [i:ehpewe17]shut it[/i:ehpewe17], and a walked into the station. Inside was an array of screens, monitors, and other devices that controlled several factors about the HVG. These stations and monitors were set up in an ascending fashion, much like a theater has it's seat set up, but with more space in-between the rows. Each station was linked to one of the several guns that were outside the ships hull that surrounded the Hyper Velocity Gun. AA-rail gatlings, plasma cannons, particle beam turrets, and heavy torpedo tubes were arrayed around the HVG.

Most of these were manned already by officers and marines.
One officer, a half-elven captain, turned toward the newly arrived companions, and spoke up.
"Theta, glad to see your here. You and your companions are to keep those blasted incoming drones at bay while we charge up the main gun."
The officer looked at Stalker and Pyro with a puzzled look; "where is the rest of your squad, Theta?"

"If I had to guess, I'd say on their way here," Pyro retorted; turning to the group, he said "follow me," then made his way down the stairs toward the two front most rows of monitors and stations that were not being used.

As the lifts doors hissed closed, Edge gave a half smirk toward Lynx; "don't worry to much about that, Lynx. It happens to the best of us. That is what we're gonna use to blow those bastards to hell and back."
"As to what we'll do know, well, we're on our way to the HVG, where I'm hoping Onix and the squad, as well as the rest of our companions have gone. There I think you'll get your first real taste of what this ship is capable of delivering; and if I know my squad leader, probably even get to try them out."

"You'll be protecting the main cannon by keeping the craft that allows the enemy troops to board away from the ship, as well as keeping the incoming fighters away from the gun. We already have the necessary devices that you'll need to use, all you need to do is learn how to use them and fast," Onix said to Ryltar as the wizard came up.
"Save your spells for if these idiots [b:ehpewe17]do[/b:ehpewe17] get aboard; things won't be nearly as straight forward if that happens."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Looking around in disbelief and amazement, the bard says, "And you expect us to learn how to USE these?! We don't even know what most of these things ARE, much less how to use them! Not that I don't think I could learn,but do we really have time for that?"

OOC: Haha! I'm starting to feel like Luke the first time he got into the gun station on the Falcon. But at least HE had some basic knowledge of how things worked!!

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((at least someone here has some knowledge of technology and machines...lol))

her mind holler 'yesss!' as the door parted for their enterance.
"why? cant believe I could figure it out on my own?" she replied to them feigning a hurt composer, tho she had a partial smile on her dark lips. "as for ships, no i have never seen one really, much less been on or around one. not much use for them in my city. the only water vehicles were smaller boats that traveled Ryrrl from another city."
following them in she saw many things, stuff she had never imagined. (maybe an urge to push buttens to see what they do) and the bard brung up and vocalized her own question as well.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Maryne frowned at Onix, "I get the feeling this happens a lot more often to you than it does normally for anyone else." She walked into the lift after the others and sighed, murmuring something under her breath as her cat followed her in.

"So do we get to use this?" She gestured to the particle weapon in her hand.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana and Vlad raced after Stalker and Pyro, easily matching their speed. She saw Zarae type in a code into a control panel and the door hissed open. They entered a room filled with weapons of all sorts that extended to the exterior of the ship with gunners manning them on the inside. "Damn. I don't even think those aliens can get [i:1702qcqf]near[/i:1702qcqf] this ship with all of those guns," she said, amazed that such technology existed.

They then entered another room, this one was filled with screens that had all sorts of things bleeping and flashing on them. She felt overwhelmed and didn't know where to start with questions. At the moment, though, her mouth had cease to work. She just kinda pointed and looked. "Is this some sort of control room?" she asked the two squad mates. And like the bard said, you expect us to work these things, because they don't look all that easy to learn."

[i:1702qcqf]Okay. Now I really feel useless.[/i:1702qcqf] Vlad said, lifting a paw to demonstrate. [i:1702qcqf]Ask them what I could possibly do.[/i:1702qcqf]

[i:1702qcqf]In a second, first I want to know what the rest of us are going to do and what needs to be done about this situation.[/i:1702qcqf]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Maryne, and nodded; "if they're stupid enough to try and actually board the [i:1hecfvo8]Nighthammer[/i:1hecfvo8], then yeah, you probably will, Maryne," he replied with a grin as the doors to the turbolift opened up and the two clones stepped inside, Onix waving for Ryltar and Maryne to get in. When they would step in, Onix would hit the button to send the lift descending toward the HVG station.

The turbo-lift that held Edge and Lynx within it ascended rapidly toward the main cannon. Edge looked to Lynx real quickly and asked; "Ok, Lynx. Now I know that you're a technology-lover, much like myself, but have you ever been at the seat of a rail-gatling AA system before?" It was a loaded question, but if the magess understood what the clone was asking, she would eventually realize that he was saying she was going to get her hands on the guns of the [i:1hecfvo8]Nighthammer[/i:1hecfvo8].

Pyro looked to Lothir with a dumbfounded look on his face; "Lothir, if you and all of your Torillian friends don't learn how to use these guns, [b:1hecfvo8]me[/b:1hecfvo8] and [b:1hecfvo8]my squad[/b:1hecfvo8] will get our asses fried out there, as well as this entire ship might; if even [b:1hecfvo8]one[/b:1hecfvo8] of these HVG's goes down, then our chances of living through this battle decrease by a solid 80 percent each time; I shouldn't have to explain the math to ya on [b:1hecfvo8]that[/b:1hecfvo8] one," Pyro explained; looking over to Stalker, he said; "can you give them a crash course on using the AA guns?"

"I can try, but I feel that Edge is the better of the two to explain this to them," the sniper retorted.
((Once Lynx and Ryltar post, Stalker and Edge will give a run down on how to use the AA guns and plasma cannons.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He gives the big guns and the rows of controls a dubious look, and sighs. "Well, We'll do our best- just don't expect any miracles." As he says this, a sudden look of inspiration comes over him, and he tugs the amulet out from under his shirt. He stares at it for a long moment, and suddenly blurts ou almost randomly- "Quick- someone tell the stupidest, funniest joke you know, or hit me in the groin- something to make me cry. ANYTHING!!"

He fully expects them to react as if he is crazy, but he really does not care at the moment. He's got a bizaar but possibly life-saving idea.... "Anyone?" He asks hopefully.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((oooo i wanna do it! ok this is quick as im in class at the moment...shhhhh...dont tell.))

the rogue did give him a look of that your crazy. she didnt wanna really hurt him, but getting back would even it for the moment. so she walked over and using an open hand, smacks him a bit below the belt. she whispered a sorry to him afterwards.
"that what u want?" she continued softly to him.

((is that what u wanted))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

eyes bulging in pain, he manages to squeak out "Yeah!" and slowly sinks to his knees, one hand guarding his precious jewels, the other clenching the pendant. He squeezes out a few tears, letting them fall onto the silver holy symbol, and croaks out "I wish for myself and all of my companions to have the knowledge to operate anything on this ship..." He says, his voice still off-key from the hit.

A moment later, each member of the group suddenly feels a huge rush of some strange force hitting them in the head, causing a brief flash of pain. when it passes, all of them immediately understand the purpose and operation of all the controls. He looks up, his eyes slightly glazed. "Think that did the trick?" He says, and suddenly falls over.

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:jxi7e92j]Of course. Been doing that daily, in my spare time between exploding planets and warping about to different galaxies.[/i:jxi7e92j] She grinned at him, her eyes opened wide, glittering with some childish excitement in them. The elf was thrilled at the mere thought of such power in her hands, thrilled to the point of feeling her skin crawling a little which made her shiver as she approached to take her seat. Then Lynx flinched and squeaked, hearing a 'click', the seat adjusted to her weight and shape, the belts quickly fastened automatically to keep her in place and the different kind of panels lit up. [i:jxi7e92j]Eeep![/i:jxi7e92j] She blushed, coughing. [i:jxi7e92j]I mean.. whoa![/i:jxi7e92j]

Her vision blurred suddenly, the magess clutched at the armrests with her hands tightly as the rush of this 'knowledge' awashed her, filling the gaps, the understanding came to her. Her keen mind worked quickly, absorbing the information. She looked to Edge and winked at him, bringing her hand down and quickly turning the gun on, her fingers were flying over the control panel and the clone saw her activating the radars and locators, seeking to target the enemy vessel. Her other hand pushed a few keys on the other panel, she ran a quick diagnostics of the gun and the stock of the torpedoes - acting as if she -really- had been working with such weaponry at her leisure. [i:jxi7e92j]Not sure how I -know- how to do it.[/i:jxi7e92j] She muttered in elven. [i:jxi7e92j]But I know![/i:jxi7e92j]
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((tears activates the pendent?))

Zarae kneels down to the fallen over bard, giving him a hand when he's capable of getting up. hearing the words of the wish she was about to speak when a sudden rush of pain, heaviness, and enlightenment 'hit' her. her knees nearly buckling atop of the bard, but within seconds it was over. her hand still out to help him, she looked around to the others seeing simular effects of the wish.
"that handy piece comes at a bit of a cost...."

((ummmm, i dont know much about this type of technology...kinda a nature girl....so i really have no clue what to write for my current upcoming role in this 'battle' in playing with the guns))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Zarae you whacked lothir in the nuts; hmm well can't say I didn't see it coming, :lol:))

Pyro looked at Lothir with an expression of 'Are you an idiot?' on his face. However when Zarae went over and hit the bard where it hurts, Pyro found himself grinning, as did Stalker.

"You did ask for it?" the demolitionist commented to Lothir with a smirk; but when Lothir blurts out that he and all their companions have the know-how to use the [i:ff6g5v7e]Nighthammer's[/i:ff6g5v7e] weapons, Pyro sputters; "I claim bullshit." Stalker said nothing.

The doors of the lift opened and Edge with Lynx, stepped out into the HVG station, where they found themselves in the same room as Pyro, Stalker and the others were in.

[color=indigo:ff6g5v7e][i:ff6g5v7e]"Of course. Been doing that daily, in my spare time between exploding planets and warping about to different galaxies.[/i:ff6g5v7e][/color:ff6g5v7e]
"Of course; all in a good days work for me," the clone replies with a grin.
When Lynx hops on one of the heavy plasma cannons and torpedo launchers' controls, Edge finds himself smirking at the magess.
The clone then found himself raising his brows at Lynx in utter astonishment; "you just [b:ff6g5v7e]know[/b:ff6g5v7e] what you're doing, right off the bat?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix