Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:18q5oen2]Some shields do not have to be visible.[/i:18q5oen2] The magest replied, floating almost upside down now, gripping at Edge's shoulder. [i:18q5oen2]As for getting there.[/i:18q5oen2] Lynx turned some and chimed in thoughtfully. [i:18q5oen2]That is not too hard but you have to hold on me... As I need both hands to cast and you need to be close enough.[/i:18q5oen2] She slipped her hand into her pouch, taking out a crystal bead - and nearly spilling the rest of her stock, cussing in elvish under her breath, managing to catch the 'runaway' pieces of crystal, charcoal and feathers, tucking them back into the pouch.

[i:18q5oen2]Now hold on.[/i:18q5oen2] Lynx grinned and let go, uttering an incantation of [i:18q5oen2]Dimension door[/i:18q5oen2], tossing the bead up. Her thin fingers interlaced in an intricate manner, then the mages grasped at the clone's shoulder when the air around them rippled, turning blurry - and suddenly, Edge would find himself standing on the platform across the chasm. Lynx was clutching at him, grinning like a cat that managed to catch a mouse. [i:18q5oen2]Thank you for choosing Lynx' express![/i:18q5oen2]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro looked to the bard with an incredulous look, and shook his head as the clones fanned out from the dance floor.

Stalker was smirking at his brother when he felt an ice-cold chill run down his spine. He knew that feeling; every proficient sniper had it. The sense that one knew when trouble was just around the corner.

Opening his comm up, the sniper yelled "Thetas, incoming!!"

Just as Stalker said this, the floor rocked beneath his feet, sending him to his knee, bracing for the impact.

Edge nodded and let Lynx do her little trick. When he found himself at their destination, Edge did a double-take, looking back down at the area where he used to be.

"Ok, I've no idea how you did that but very impressive none the less. . " Edge didn't finish his sentence as his comm crackled to life and he heard Stalker's voice in a frantic yell; his blood flooding with adrenaline, the clone latched onto Lynx's arm and grabbed hold of the nearest handle-bar just as the ship rumbled beneath him, sending him and the sun elf into the zero-grav.
The clone engaged maximum strength, his armor turning a deep red, and held on with all his might.

Explaining a few things to Maryne and Ryltar, Onix didn't even notice his comm was turned off at that moment; however, what he did notice was Ironside immediately going to the ground.
"Brace yourselves!" he shouted to the two drow as he himself braced up against the wall.
The [i:uf7fnn9x]Nighthammer's[/i:uf7fnn9x] klaxon went off right before the floor beneath them shook violently.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xVxBG2 ... d:uf7fnn9x]Ship alarm[/url:uf7fnn9x]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin fell off his chair and into a roll as the floor rocked from some kind of blast. His drink shattering on the floor.

"Someone's going to pay for that," he said to himself shaking his head to clear it. As the siren began to go off, "Would someone please blow whatever is causing that noise up? It's more annoying than that gargoyle." Then he asked himself, "Is that even possible?"
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx let out a shrill, caught completely offguard, her hands batting as she desperately tried to get ahold of Edge's arm, appearing actually frightened right now. [i:17tj10u3]What's going on?![/i:17tj10u3] She pulled herself closer to Edge, shivering some. It took an effort from her to calm down and focus on their safety. [i:17tj10u3]Tell me what to do![/i:17tj10u3]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Just as the music was reaching its climax, the bard heard Stalker yell out into some small object, and suddenly the ship rocked under his feet. Thanks to long weeks of standing on rocking warship decks in the rough seas off Argonia's coast, he hardly stumbles when he feels the impact. but his face turns ashen, as he knows full well the meaning.

"Sweet goddess, we're under attack...." he breathes, suddenly rushing to grab his gear and whip his blades back out into their full saber-form. As devistating as an attack at sea can be, he knows without doubt that an attack up here- with no air to breathe should the ship be breached- would be instant death to anyone unlucky enough to be near the breach. His blood rund like ice as he turns instinctively to the two clones, realizing that they will know what should be done.

"Who's attacking us up HERE?!" He yells to Pyro, grabbing Zarae in an almost unconscious effort to keep her safe. The illusion image has already collapsed, forgotten.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

in the midst of a twirl she heard the clone holler, she thought she heard the incoming (missile?) as the whole ship shook almost violently. natural dexterity kept her upright for the most part as she prepared to go down to the floor. before she got to her equipment she was grabbed (however that was).
"what is going on?" she said softly to the chaos forming around her.
her hand went to the mithril chain around her neck and to the sword pendents on it. all she needed to do was detach them and activate them.

((studying for a test tnight, so if its a battle and im slow in responding, assume im sneak attacking or even ranged attacks with my bow))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar had been firing off a few rounds on the target across from him. he was finally getting used to the gun, but felt that he might feel at more at home with the energy blades.[i:2jczlr3q] Is there a place to train with these?[/i:2jczlr3q] He asked, as Onyx was going on about something or another. he hadn't been really been paying attention. Though he would the second people said to hit the floor and so the drow would quickly drop down just as the ship shook violently. [i:2jczlr3q]Are we under attack!? What fools would assault a vessel this large!?[/i:2jczlr3q]
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana was still fiddlin' away for the two dancing drow when she heard a muted explosion. Immediately after the sound, she fell to the floor, miraculously holding the violin in the air, unharmed. "What the fu..." she began to say. She got to her feet, set the violin down, ran over to the bar, to the others. "Frick, were under attack!. Pyro, what's goin' on? What can we do to help?" she bombarded the clone with questions, as was everyone else.

Vlad was casually sitting by the bar watching the entertainment. He sensed something...something wrong. He had that feeling, like something bad was going to happen. He tried to shake it off, and then his head got slammed to the side of the bar. [i:3ftzwvwm]Oww...pain...[/i:3ftzwvwm] he groaned. He shook his head and got up, took in the situation and realized the ship had been attacked. [i:3ftzwvwm]Memo to me, listen to my sixth sense from now on,[/i:3ftzwvwm] he thought to himself. He saw Zana recover and run to the others. In one bound he joined them, looking inquisitively to Pyro.

[i:3ftzwvwm]You okay?[/i:3ftzwvwm] Zana asked him.

[i:3ftzwvwm]Never better,[/i:3ftzwvwm] he said with utter sarcasm.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Edge looked at Lynx, but seeing she had calmed herself, nodded; "wait one," the clone then opened up his comm.

"Theta lead, orders?" he asked to Onix through his wrist comm.

Pyro and Stalker had by this time recovered and were going about making sure the Marines and off-duty officers were alright.

Hearing Lothir's question, Pyro replies "How in the hell would anyone attack us up here, I didn't even know that there [b:1c25o5y6]was[/b:1c25o5y6] folks from your planet up here. Unless . . . it's not them," the clone trailed off as he realized just how serious the situation might be.

His attention was then disrupted by Zana's question; turning to her he replies, "What's going on is we're getting hammered from something out [b:1c25o5y6]there[/b:1c25o5y6]," he indicated the cieling, though he was implying outer space; "as to helping; well, pretty simple; follow us. When we get to the HVG, learn how to operate the AA guns, and that'll do."

The demolitionist opened up his link and spoke, "Uh hey, boss-man? Got orders for us?"

On the bridge of the [i:1c25o5y6]Nighthammer[/i:1c25o5y6], Captain Witmor and Commander Ballak looked onward into space as three enemy battleships and four destroyers appeared out of nowhere in the panoramic view-port.
"How in the bloody Nine Hells did those bastards get in-system under our noses?" Witmor fumed, a brow twitching from the fact that their enemy had gotten the drop on them.

"I'm not sure me self as ta where these bastards be comin 'rom," Ballak replied, his own dwarf face red.
"What we can do, cap'em, is give 'em the ass kickin of the millennium, sir."

"Excellent idea, Commander."

"Sir, the initial blast took out our auto-targeting systems, over half of our port and starboard weapons now require manual operation," a young female elven officer reported.
"Sir, they enemy ships are deploying drones."

Witmor spun around to look at the radar, and nearly went jaw drop-jaw at the hundreds upon hundreds of red dots that raced out of the enemy ships and toward the [i:1c25o5y6]Nighthammer[/i:1c25o5y6].

Onix recovered his stance and turned to Ryltar, "I'm not sure myself. The only people that could possibly attack us are the same ones who landed that Leecher on the surface."

The Overcomm crackled to life; "all Hunter Battalions report to your designated positions for outer hull combat. Would Theta Squad and all associated companies please come to HVG station one."

Onix turned to Ryltar and Maryne, saying "well, let's go." Onix made his way out of the firing range, saying to Ironside "Theta, form up."

"Right behind you," Ironside replied as Onix made his way out of the armory and burst into a run down the hall toward the lifts.

The marines in the tavern burst into action, splitting int respective squads and then departing towards their stations.
Pyro and Stalker heard the comm announcement and then looked to their companions.
"Come on," Pyro exclaims as Stalker dashes out of the tavern in a head on blitz down the corridor toward the HVG station.

Edge looked down as he heard the huge clang emanate from the bottom of the chasm/shaft. A very audible metal whining noise then took over. Within seconds, a 1200 ton depleted plutonium slug was visible at the bottom of the shaft and was rising slowly to the top of the shaft.

Edge's face turned from one of egerness to a cold calm; "[b:1c25o5y6]that[/b:1c25o5y6] cannot mean anything good," he said as much to Lynx as to the air around him.
Last edited by veraka on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Maryne took the helmet and placed it on her head, blinking as her view was suddenly filled by blue floating signs and circles. She reached out, then, realising she couldn't touch them, took the helmet off. "How does it do that?" she asked wonderingly, lifting the helmet up to look at it just as a shudder ran through the ship, causing her to nearly lose her balance, which she quickly changed by dropping her helmet and slamming the gun down to the floor to brace herself.

"What's happening?" Grabbing the helmet, she quickened her pace so that she could follow the others out of the room without being left behind. Tasha followed at her heels, running out of the armoury and away from the weapons he had accidentally pulled down when the ship was hit. "Godess, they're here to make sure those things have an easier time on Toril, aren't they?"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Vith!" Lothir spits as he dashes after Pyro and Stalker out the doors and down the corridor. Then something occurs to him. "Hay, what happens if they breach the hull? Will this thing lose all its atmosphere? And how do we fight without air when they're outside?" He calls out to the two clones as they run.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

What is HVG One? Ryltar asked as he followed along with onyx. He had attached the rifle to his back ona vest he had also picked up in the library that had magnetic locks for the weapon. Meanwhile he fleshed his figners as he glanced to the blade emitters attached to his wrists. Finally, he'd check his satchels, making sure he had all the spell components he might need for the coming battle. [i:2wohhanp]I suppose these things will die to fright?[/i:2wohhanp]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2ujslc5p]...What is that?[/i:2ujslc5p] Lynx slipped behind Edge and peered over his shoulder down into the chasm, watching the metal slug thing rising toward them. [i:2ujslc5p]...Hostile, yes? I could try to...[/i:2ujslc5p] The magess bit her lip, thinking hastily now, trying to decide what she could do to stop this ascending. [i:2ujslc5p]...Telekinesis? Shrinking? ...Slow? ...Temporal stasis? ...Wall of force?[/i:2ujslc5p]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks back to Maryne as he runs through the corridors by memory.
"Well, Maryne, it seems that our enemies have decided to plant an ambush for the ship and us. As to them making sure that those bugs have an easier time here on Toril, somehow, that wouldn't surprise me."

"As to your question Ryltar, HVG one is the first of the main cannons that is on our side of the [i:2mmrsj17]Nighthammer[/i:2mmrsj17]. Hyper Velocity Gun, station one." Onix explained to Ryltar as he ran towards the lift.
"It will be one of the keys to finishing this fight; why the captain is ordering us there, possibly to keep it alive long enough to kill off those enemy ships."
The clone looked to the wizard and nodded his head, "if they get clone enough to board the ship, then yes, I'm pretty sure that they're troops are afraid; of what though I'm not sure."

Onix led Ironside, Maryne, and Ryltar down the corridor hooked an immediate right, and skidded to a halt at the lift's doors. Pushing the pad for a lift going down, he turned around and looked to the two drow and his heavy weap speaclist as they came up to the lift.
"Any other questions? Now's the time for them."

Hearing Lothir's question, Pyro turns his head to the drow bard; "if these dumdasses are actually stupid enough to breach the [i:2mmrsj17]Nighthammer's[/i:2mmrsj17] hull, no, we will not lose atmosphere on the ship. As long as our shield generators hold up, either the primary or secondary, then a breached hull won't lose the ships atmosphere; besides, we've got countermeasures to prevent that from happening anyways."

[color=blue:2mmrsj17]"And how do we fight without air when they're outside?" He calls out to the two clones as they run.[/color:2mmrsj17]

"You don't; we [b:2mmrsj17]do][/b:2mmrsj17]. If I know what the Captain has in mind, then you guys 'ill be covering our asses." The demolitionist shouts back as he and Stalker blitz it towards the first Hyper Velocity Gun. Pyro and Stalker blaze down corridors with unmatched speed, out pacing marines and officers whom are running in the same direction, they're muscular frames propelling them faster than even dark elven marines. After all they were built to be the best, that includes running and the like.

The two clones lead on toward the HVG station, Pyro turning his head around once and shouting "Come on!!" with a wave of his arm, then turning to keep running. The corridor that they'll eventually get to would look oddly familiar to one of the group. ((I'm referring to Zarae's little encounter earlier))

Edge looks to Lynx as she asks what the projectile is, and he's about to explain when she starts going through ideas on how to stop it.
"No, no, no, no, no; please, Miss Lynx, do [b:2mmrsj17]not[/b:2mmrsj17] do that. [b:2mmrsj17]That[/b:2mmrsj17]," he points to the huge, round slug, "is the ammunition that our main cannons use. I was referring to the appearance of it, not the actually slug itself. That will be of most help to us hear shortly, I assure you, now, let's make haste," Edge gestures to a door just behind him. When they go through, there would be a ladder leading down about thirty meters to a small corridor that would take the two to the turbolifts.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae grabbed her stuff and followed suit of the guys, snapping her belt back into place and reattaching her piwafwi as the turned down a familier hall.
"we can travel to other planes of existance, visit places like the abyss and the 9 hells, why couldnt we breath in the space around our planet? tho i think there would be bigger concerns than air at the moment should we end up in a position of being outside this ship?."
the smart elic she was hurried ahead to the door and punched in the number (i said what it was a while back anyway) just to see if she was right.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~