Clone encounter Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar scoffed, a bit at the comment and made his way to the range. Seeing an acceptable target, he'd bring the rifle up, without any adjustment whatsoever. it was clear the mage was unfamiliar with the technology, so understandably when he then pulled the trigger of the beam rifle, nothing happened. [i:qt8nzptq]What sort of faulty weaponry is this!? It doesn't work![/i:qt8nzptq] He shouted and then looked at the weapon, trying to decipher the cause.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix burst out laughing at the wizards attempt to use the energy weapon. Shaking his head, the clone went over to Ryltar, put a finger on the safety and flipped the switch. then he pulled out a power pack, handed it to the wizard and pointed to the receiver below the weapons handle.

"Insert that right under where you're holding the weapon," he pointed to the wizards firing arm.
"Like this," the clone pulled out his sidearm, ejected the magazine, and inserted a new one to show the technique.

When Ryltar inserted the pack into the appropriate slot, a whirring sound could be heard as the weapon charged up for the first shot.

Pyro looked at the bard with a smirk; "is that a challenge?" he asked the bard loud enough for everyone to here.

Edge looked at Lynx with a raised brow; the young magess caught on fast as to how the basics of the ship worked to keep everyone on-board alive, but he nodded his confirmation to her answers.

To her questions, he replied, "the energy required to move the ship through space is large, yes, but not on the scale that our reactors can't handle. As to the weapons, yes, they require tremendous amounts of power to function, but we're all not that worried about that, because the main cannons have their own reactors to power them and should that fail, the main reactor, along with the secondary and subsystems, can power them as well."
The clone then put a gloved hand to his chin and thought of how to reply to Lynx's next question.
"You know those lighting spells you unleashed upon the Leecher that my squad leader told me about; well same thing on here. The [i:3ukiyrj5]Nighthammer[/i:3ukiyrj5] is powered by electricity, which essentially, is like the lighting you unleashed from your spells."

At Lynx's question to their speed, Edge actually grinned, technology was, of course, his specialty.
"You'll love this, he handed pulled out his helmet, plugged it into his gauntlet and activated his holoprojector.
It showed the [i:3ukiyrj5]Nighthammer[/i:3ukiyrj5] from a third person perspective, then within a split second, the mighty assault carrier vanished between the stars, but it looked like it literally accelerated into the space in between the stars, not teleporting, but actually vanishing going a direction. The clone waited for the sun elf's reaction.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:20932tda]To produce such amount of energy... even if electrical...[/i:20932tda] Her eyes widened as she tried to 'imagine' it to be able to try and understand. [i:20932tda]What kind of fuel are you using? I've seen golems charging from electrical power sources... and they needed a lot. But the Nighthammer is far far more massive than any... anything, I've seen...[/i:20932tda] Another thought crossed her mind. [i:20932tda]I am sure you have to build such big vessel in the space.... not upon a planet surface as you'd not be able to lift it into the air, the energy wasted would be too great as you'd have to overcome the gravity multiplied by the weight of the vessel... The gravity would simply crush the ship.[/i:20932tda]

The young wizard watched the recording. Her eyes widened even more as she saw the massive spaceship leaping into distance with a tremendous speed. [i:20932tda]...Whoa.[/i:20932tda] She breathed out quietly. [i:20932tda]Fortunately here such acceleration would not harm the passengers, as there is no opposite force. No gravity, no friction as it is in the void, no resistance of air.[/i:20932tda] The elf mused - surely she was an intelligent one, which was not too surprising given her choice of trade. [i:20932tda]I'd love to see equations determining the maximum velocity of the vessel, sometime. Another thing though, you must have a way to be able to navigate among the celestial bodies so you do not accidently fly into one. But again, I am sure the forcefields are able to absorb such damage, at least some of it.[/i:20932tda]

The elf's teal eyes locked upon the clone's face, her expression was dreamy again. [i:20932tda]Well.. A warning ahead, I am going to stalk you until you teach me everything.[/i:20932tda] She grinned quickly, shaking her head some, then looked down the maze of the corridors. [i:20932tda]Let's continue?[/i:20932tda]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"It might be, if you were up to it," Lothir grins back at him. He scans the room as if searching for a worthy "opponent" among the assembled soldiers. "But I've not been beaten in over eighteen years- you sure you want to try?" He adds, as if taunting him.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Edge nodded at Lynx's assessment, she was a sharp one, not to mention very perceptive.
"We use a Hydrogen-based based molecule that we can mass produce right on-board. Once we've processed enough raw Hydrogen, it's put into our hyper-annihilation reactors."

When Lynx got her expression of utter astonishment, the clone smirked as he switched the projector to his own helmet's camcorder. It showed what it truly looked like in the same time-frame. Through a viewport within the [i:h447wmpm]Nighthammer[/b], the ship jumped to hyperspace. As it did this, the stars blurred together as they stretched along into thin lines as the Nighthammer[/i:h447wmpm] jumped to FTL.
When the holorecording finished, Edge answered "well, ordinary acceleration in normal space, yes, your statement is correct; however when we jump to FTL, the acceleration from the [i:h447wmpm]Nighthammer[/i:h447wmpm] jumping to Faster Than light-speed is tremendous on any on-board the ship. As to how we navigate through the stars and all that, well, were we in our own galaxy, the ship would be able to do it quite easily, given our star-maps and stellar charts. In this galaxy, however, well, it's more complicated than that."

At the sun elf's statement of not leaving his side, Edge actually laughed, a genuine hearty tone in his voice. Nodding towards their next destination, he agreed, "yes, let's."

Pyro was glaring at the bard with grin of his own, when he realized another flaw in his grand-plan; if he performed, then the Beta's would win by default, for Pyr, and Stalker had only three to their side, including Lothir. Glancing to Zarae, the demolitionist waved at her, saying "Hey, Zarae; have you ever been one for dancing?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae looked around for a second unsure about getting in the spotlight, but doing something beside just watching sounded fun.
"well, I dont dance much, at least in front of others..."
with some more convincing from them, she finally gave in and walked over to the stage and joined the others.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Maryne nodded as Onix guided Ryltar into the other room, picking up a few of the weapons and inspecting them. She moved to a rack on the wall and pulled out one of the longer weapons she had seen in the room, coming almost to her chest.

Lifting it, she held it out awkwardly, wondering if there was a special type of string for it. She turned and walked into the room the other two had vanished into, holding it out for Onix and Ryltar to see. "So this uses that cone bolt you showed me earlier?" She turned it over, looking into the front of the weapon, though she didn't know it. "You keep it in here, right? And then shoot something? How do you do that?"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Maryne as she walked into the firing range with another energy weapon; his face drained of whatever color it had when he saw her staring down the weapons barrel.

"Uhhhuuhuh, Maryne, it would be wise of you not to stare down that particular barrel; it fires a . . . . . beam of energy, so to speak," he explained to the priestess, moving over to her as he did.

"As to your other questions; first off, yes, we keep the coned 'bolts' in the weapon, but Lady Maryne, if you will, I'll show just why [b:2i1yf0q1]this[/b:2i1yf0q1] particular weapon doesn't need those bolts that I showed you, or as we call them, bullets," the clone extended his gloved hand to Maryne, asking her to let him examine her weapon that she picked out.

Pyro looked to Lothir, stuck his tongue out and pulled down the lower lid of one of his eyes, ((XP to anyone who gets the pun)).
Then, turning to the band, shouted "HEY!! What do ya guys have that's a little on the different side?"
Immediately, the marines in the band started to play something quite different than what the clones were used to. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNPFvWtD ... d:2i1yf0q1]Zarae's music[/url:2i1yf0q1]

Pyro turned back to Zarae, and said, "floor's yours when you're ready." ((I leave it up to Zarae to describe her dance.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx smiled at the chuckle and followed Edge, glancing about. In one of the corridors she paused, seeing a group of people removing a console panel, seemingly intending to fix something inside. The magess slipped in and tiptoed, peering over one's shoulder curiously, looking to all those odd blinking devises, gadgets and wire until one of the technicians turned and shooed her off. The elf curled her lips, sulkily, as a child deprived of her new toy, but it lasted only a second, she of course realized the people did not need any distractions as they were repairing the console.

The wizardess approached the clone again and blushed softly, motioning him to lead on and realizing she just gave him all more the reason to grin at her, so did her best to endure such stoically. As Edge stopped and pointed to the room in front of them, Lynx offered a nod and drew another glyph with the remains of the chunk of wax that she was holding, then uttered the incantation, blowing some dust upon it. [i:w7przufb]Four more to go and then a little break, yes?[/i:w7przufb] She was not willing to admit how exhausted she was right now, but it was showing some already.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((sorry yall; midterm, major quiz and paper all due tomarrow. so this might not be all that, and i no clue about dancing really.))

the rogue unhooked her piwafwi folding it quickly and set it on the table. then she unbuckled her belt and the blades and set them on top with all her belongings. a meantal word went to Shade to watch her stuff. her long spidersilk shirt was very loose around her thin frame, clearly a bit too big for her (like a short dress).
the music started as she thought what to do. then began moving with it, hips swayed and arms and legs moving with the beat (like a middle eastern dance mixed with my tribes own styles). her loose shirt flowed around her adding to the effect of the flow. her movements were graceful and fluid and she even used some of the bards moves to add to it. when it picked up, she moved with it, quicken paced, twirls, taps, then slowed for the dramatic effects. (not dancing the whole thing just some of it) with a sudden stop, finished.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Noting the look on his face, Maryne flipped it so that she wasn't staring down the barrel, a little more cautious with the weapon. "Energy? This thing uses magic? So it needs a command word to activate it?"

She held the gun out for Onix to take.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Maryne with a confused look, then smiled and shook his head.
"No, no, Maryne; it simply requires one to unlatch the safety," the clone flipped up the safety mechanism, which unlocked the trigger, "and then simply aim and fire."
At that, Onix took raised the rifle to his shoulder with practiced ease, looked down the farthest sight, taking aim on a target, and squeezed the trigger, all with practiced efficiency.
The energy weapon discharged a bright beam of luminescent, destructive energy toward the target. The 'bolt' that the weapon fired impacted the target down range as fast as any eye could track it.

"Nothing to it," Onix says, handing the weapon back to Maryne.

Pyro was drop jaw as the crowd roared with approval at Zarae's dance. Even the Betas were a little taken aback.
Looking to Lothir, he couldn't help but smirk.
"Lothir I believe you were just beat fair and square."

Edge nodded at Lynx's suggestion.
"Agreed; next stop, I believe would be the ordnance lift."
The clone led Lynx down a series of winding corridors, stopped by the lift to catch a ride up a few decks, then continued onward, until they reached a huge open platform that rose up into the ship within a huge square chasm. As soon as Edge stepped through the door, he felt the sensation of weightlessness take over.
"Obviously, Miss Lynx, we might need a little assistance in getting up there," Edge pointed upwards, as he engaged his mag boots and clanked onto the little deck that led out into the open space.s
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Posting now!

Ryltar muttered as the energy catridge was palced in and the weapon was turned on. He disliked it when he needed help from people, it made him feel weak, a notion that he despised very much. Seeing a knob on the device for power, he'd crank the thing all the way back, to it's maximum setting. The rifle would hum with the the power now coursing through it and the drow grinned, at least.. Until he pulled the trigger. The blast went wild and he was tossed back against the wall, having not expected nearly as much recoil as he had did then. [i:exonajqr]Blasted gnomish devices![/i:exonajqr]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He grins back at Pyro with a smirk, and laughs. "Oh, sure- vote for the lovely lady doing something suggestive. I'd have used some of those moves myself, but somehow I doubt it would look quite as good if I tried it." He snickers, and shrugs. "Besides, I believe the bet was for YOU to do better." He crosses his arms over his chest, and raises one brow in challenge. "And you're still one 'man' short of winning this contest of yours." He reminds the clone.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue didnt expect the reaction from everyone. she didnt even think she did much to begin with. looking around Zarae quickly joined back with the guys.
"that, was unexpected. and I did not dance suggestively," she said crossing her arms tho she had a smirk slightly on her face, "tho I could show you some such moves," she bluffed in a soft almost whisper to the bard as a joke. (hey there can be a naive drow lol) "some of those ladies might pay to see those moves of yours anyway Lothir."
thinking a moment, "the rules doenst say you cant use fake people...can you cast illusions of people?" she asked him, "I could attempt a humaniod shadow, but that might be to obvious."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~