Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Postby Adian Novar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 am

"We should probably wait it out," Adian said. "And approach Teardrop Lake in more ideal conditions...as ideal as they get around here, anyway. We should explore the rest of this place, if there is more of it. Then see about securing the entrance and sheltering the animals."

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 am

"they cant get in the front, but the caribu got in....theres gotta be another enterance, some odd spot. ask Cinder if she might know where her mount entered."
Zarae then suddenly (without warning) hurried off outta the room. she had been feeling better, gotten most her strength back by now. she then headed down the stairs to the tunnel that lead to the others. only one was large enough to accommodate then, even with a tight fit. the rogue hurried down the tunnel, tho careful to look for traps or tricks along the way. the tunnel itself grew colder as it twisted sharply to the right. it had to have a an exit.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
Delvaro
Regular
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:23 am
Location: 30km South O' Moscow
Contact:

Postby Delvaro » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:14 am

Vel looked in confusion at the spot that only moments ago held Zarae. "Ah, where did she go off to?" he asked, quite surprised that the rogue ran off without warning.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Postby Adian Novar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:18 am

"Probably off to do something clever," Adian said. "You'll get used to it."

He looked around at the still-waiting rock elementals and the rest of the lab.

"Okay, we're not likely to find much more here. Let's check the rest of the place."

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Postby CinderSuru » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:56 pm

OCC (( Back for a wile hi every one))

After speaking with some of the members of the comittee about something she may have discovered about the crystals. They agreed what needed to be done.
She went to her room and reached out to Adain. " We have found something that looks important Adain, It is about the cystals."
Cinder sat by the fire with her mind focused on Adain awaiting his responce.

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Postby Adian Novar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 am

Adian's eyes lost focus for a moment.

Go ahead, he thought back.

What he got made absolutely no sense to him: He was not a mage and the subject Cinder was telling him about was rather sophisticated.

"Wait," he said aloud. "You're making my head hurt. So you're saying that the mage before this creature was interested in a specific set of "perfect angles" for his crystal. The pattern of the faceting is important somehow...have I got that right?"

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Postby CinderSuru » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:19 am

Cinder tried to clear the link between her and Adain. she spoke gently to him "From what we can tell so far, there are two crystals each that can open a portal. There will be some kind of demons protecting the creature, these crystals will send them back throw the portals from whence they came. One is black one is red. The angles will come later, I may have to come back before you meet up with them. There are two sets of guards around the creature. That is what i have so far, i will continue to study the books. Look for these cystals they are important in defeating the creature." She spoke clearly, it was a long distance but the link was strong. " Adain Please be careful " she said in a concerned tone. " Try and use the runes on your armor, try to absorb what they want to say to you...listen for musical tones that will come from them . "

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm

((sorry yall, been sooooo busy this week. as i think alot of folks have been.))

the end of the tunnel seemed to go forever before just flying away to openness. and the storm had let up, some. the snow was piling up thick. with a sharp high pitch whistle, she called the horses. hearing the snort of one, she pulled her hood up over her face and hurried over to them.
the snow was up to around her shins, the snow falling coming in behind her. she trudged along as the mounts did also twords her. Black coats of three and the pale palimino followed by the barely seen in the normal spectum white horse. ((i'll not mess with V's but assume he would come that way))
she grapped the oldest horse's mane (i think the paliminio) and lead him to the cave, as others followed. it look a quite a bit of time, getting the horses in and secured, but the others would likely be exploring the rest of this place.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Postby CinderSuru » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:28 am

Cinder stood by the window of her chambers watching the thick fluffy snow. She saw Meldrinus in the coral playing with his relatives.
She thought she would like to take her horse for a ride in the mountains before dinner with her cousin. So she dressed into her warm blue woolen riding clothing trimmed with white fur and went down to the yard were she saw her with the horses. Cinder's skin had turned white as it did when she was on Evermeet, she would blend with the moon elves this way.
" Lets go on the trail throw the pines to the meadow " she called out to her cousin Winter Rosa.
They both had there bows at the ready as they galloped throw the pines on the twisting trail watching for birds to hunt on their way. The cook would value fresh fowl and they often came home with a few to say the least.

Hidden in the forest was an assassin with poison arrows at the ready, Waiting for Cinder.
Her mind was to busy to detect any danger, her grandmother's lands were usually quite safe being heavily guarded in various ways. But this sinister assassin was quite talented at his occupation. So danger lurked as the cousins road playfully throw the forest.

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Postby Adian Novar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 am

"Crystals important to banishing the guardians?" Adian repeated. "And listen for the musical tones of my armor runes. I...think I understand."

He looked to the others. "Did that make any sense to you? Something about the crystals having to do with banishing guardian demons. Is there any way you might be able to figure out how?"

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Postby CinderSuru » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:48 am

Cinder leaned forward seeing a movement in the trees thinking it was a bird just as the arrow was fired, hit grazed the back of her neck. She feel off her horse and her cousin instantly reared in her horse and jumped off. Inspecting Cinder she saw the graze on the back of her neck she could smell the poision. She sucked on the wound spiting out the blood. Opening her mind she called out to the captain of the guard.
Cinder felt her self floating, suddenly she was beside Adain she called out to him but did not know if he heard her. She tried to grasp onto him desperately, but felt herself rising into the warm comforting stars.
" ADAIN " she called out struggling to resist the embrace of the stars.
Suddenly she could feel her grandmothers arms around her.
She was in her bed chambers on her familiar bed. She could feel the warmth of the fire lit in the fireplace. But she could not move or speak, she saw beautiful lights swirling through her and the sound of her grandmothers beautiful voise singing softly.

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:08 pm

((hmmmm, Zar's gettin the horses, so only V and delvo's characters are around adain. and i think Delvo's loss internet. so its a wait for V to respond))

Once they were all in saftly, the rogue went thru her pack looking for the horse food. she put enough piles before each of the oat mix. then she took out the blanket for Moonlight and covered him up. unfortunatly she didnt have the others blankets.
she scratched the stallion behind the ears as he enjoyed his dinner.
'the berries!' she remembered.
pulling one out as set in in a cleared out area. then reaching deep in her mind, cast a flame on it, causing it to catch and light. the small light changed the small cavern tunnel a bit, but the warmth it put out was surprisingly alot. now she was out of her berries. but at least Adain had his two. and with Pwdn and Zazzt back at the other camp thats all they had. she took the black spider shaped sapphire from her belt and summoned Shade. the purple mist appeard and soon the 3 ft tall spider stood there.
"hiya Shade. i guess we should go find the others and what they discovered."
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Postby CinderSuru » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 am

Lady Suru could feel the life in her granddaughter.
She put her hand on Cinders for head " try to communicate Cinder you must fight this and try not to drift away take hold of something in your room and keep a focus on that one thing my dear. " she spoke directly into her thoughts. Cinders skin was turning black again,
Her grandmother wispered a spell and moved her hands over her granddaughter's body turning it white again.
Cinder heard her and did so, it took a lot of effort to reach out her thoughts back to her so she simply did as asked. She focused on a stone carved candle holder that was always by her bed.
She felt her body tingle as her grandmother changed her skin.

User avatar
Delvaro
Regular
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:23 am
Location: 30km South O' Moscow
Contact:

Postby Delvaro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:11 pm

(OOC - Sorry for taking this long! I've been in the hospital all this while and no internet. I'm back now though :P)

Vel heard some sound from the direction of the cave's entrance. It sounded like...horses. His eyes widened when he remembered his horse. That bloody bastard ran off when the storm hit them. Standing up, muttering someting about horses he walked back to the entrance.

When he was there he saw Zarae with the horses. "Er...did you happen to see a black stallion outside? That fool of a horse ran off when the storm started," he said, rather embarassed that he lost his only method of transportaion, other than his legs.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 am

Sanisa looked to Velkyn, then to her son; "you know, Veraka, you should go and check up on Blaze. I for one wouldn't want to know that you're newest friend, and mount, has run off in the midst of a snow storm."
The celestial woman eyed the mighty paladin as only a mother could before Neriah spoke up, her soft, purring voice obviously knowing what would get the aasimar going.
"Yes, my husband, you should listen to your mother. Besides I wouldn't wanna have you not have Blaze if we end up having to traverse more terrain. You would be carrying me for a longtime." As the fey'ri said this, there was a mischievous gleam in her eyes as she looked at Veraka with her glowing crimson orbs.

Veraka sighed; "are you sure you just aren't hoping for me to carry you, my dear?" he asked inquisitively. This caused Aurora to chuckle and Neriah to blush as the armored paladin sheathed his greatsword onto his back and went out to find Zarae bringing Blaze around, along with the other horses.

At Vel's question, Veraka laughed a bit, and then strode up to Blaze, brushing a platinum scale glove over the warcharger's black mane.
"Why Vel, a black horse, I know not what you mean," he said, the sarcasm evident in his voice as he was referring to Blaze, even though the stallion was armored in silvery mithral plating.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests