Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Grandmother does it say anything about vials and what they are for? " Cinder asked sipping on her tea and popping berries into her mouth.
" I can hear you Zarae, what seems to be the problem with Adain? "
He is kinda quiet. " she asked

" My grandmother is looking through the book for vials "
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(Precisely. They are simply tools...means to an end. In this case, for the phaerimm to get into the lake without freezing to death. I figure this will help move the story along a bit.)

"She went through...something. Something not very good, apparently. But she's fine now. Being taken care of by her grandmother."

He sighed and looked around.

"Have we covered the whole cave?" he asked.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" My grandmother found a reference to vials of a potion that will act as an antifreeze if ingested so that you may enter the lake and not freeze. " Cinder said to Adain?

" I will be there this night sometime Adain, my grandmother will transport me i have recovered fully I am getting ready to leave soon."

She had been away from Adain only half a day but it seemed so much longer. She took a warm bath dried herself before kneeling in her small shrine off her room to Eilistraee, praying for her and her friend to safely complete their task. Then buckled herself into a white leather bodysuit and her finest armor and boots with her daggers, her gloves had sharp steel claw rings on each finger. Her grandmother covered her shoulders with a long fur trimmed cloak and hood.
Are you ready my dear? " she asked.
They went out side to Meldrinus and Cinder mounted. her grandmother handed her a basket of food then stood back and drew in her breath she waved her hands in graceful movement and sang a spell that moved the air around Cinder and her mount, the snow flew in a swirl around them and they vanished.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((moving to rest and near dawn. so leaving by next couple post))

the storm continued, but it had began to slow and ease up. by her guess and calculations, it was also nearing morning. they all sat around in a room, rather warm compared to the others resting. there might not be another chance in a long while so it was suggested that [i:29528v62]all [/i:29528v62]try and get rested up, and with Shade on guard, it would be easier. their searches of the cave had turned up a bit of stuff, many useful.

Zarae was curled up on her bedroll, her piwafwi on her like a protective blanket as she was in light reverie. after a few hours she sat up, listening to the others and the quiet of the cave, the snowstorm around them. an arm resting on her knee, she carefully dug thru her pack trying not to disturb the others. they would head out likely in less than an hour. one step closer to this thing that they were to investigate. and the possible chance that those light would dissolve them also.

Shade was crawling around along the roof, checking out things little cubbies and just random exploration as she was keen on guard.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Zarae?" Adian said, raising his head slowly, shaking off his own reverie. "What re you doing up?"

He looked around and realized the time. Soon they were to get moving...and finally confront what they had been aiming at for so long.

Finally.

He slid himself out of his bedroll and stretched, trying to get the blood flowing again.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

seeing Adain stir, she knew it was bout time to head out.
"eh, decided sleeping was boring," she jested softly while packing up her stuff, "but someone should wake the others."

((waiting for V. also, i guess his mom would have headed back before everyone went to rest?))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka arose from his slumber as if he'd not slept in four days, which, was in part, true. He found Neriah laying on him, her honey-amber curls laying across chin and upper chest, as her sharp featured, but calm and content face rested upon his shoulder.

The aasimar felt that he had yet again fell into hia fey'ri wife's near irresistible charms, for she was sleeping, yet again, on his bare pale, muscle-corded chest. Veraka looked over to find his platinum dragon-scale breastplate laying just over next him, along with his helm, pauldrons, vambracers, and gauntlets, rerebracers and spaulders, plus his shield, along with Marala Vharc and his father's greatsword, Aphyon'arisa. However, the remainder of his armor, that is to say, his waist and below, was still on and ready to go.

Part of Veraka wished he could sleep for another hour, but his agreement to help Adian, Zarae and Cinder out on this little quest of theirs came first.
With a slight brush to her hair, Veraka woke Neriah from her reverie, despite that she looked to be sleeping. Her crimson eyes slowly opened up.

"Sometimes I wonder, am I [b:w2z8r1j2]ever[/b:w2z8r1j2] going to get a moment with you alone?" she spoke up, stretching out as she spoke, her wings unfolding as well as she did this.

Veraka smiled; "eventually; though for now, can you be content with me being here and willing to be used as your personal pillow?" He asked this with a raised eyebrow.

Neriah giggled her reply and nodded; "I suppose so."

Veraka heard a canine yawn come from across from where he and Neriah were.

Looking across to a now woken Aurora, Veraka said, "And good mourning to you to, furball."

Overhearing Zarae's comment, Neriah chuckled; "no need over here."

He got a low growl for his troubles from the wolf. The fey'ri started packing up she and her husbands gear whilst the aasimar paladin got his armor back on. When Veraka was finally ready, he looked up to see his mother staring at him.
"You know I forget how many times you don't need to sleep."

"Someone needs to keep watch over you youngsters," she replied, her tone calm, but humorous.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian had finished double-checking his equipment and was securing the last of the supplies...the remainder of it anyway...into the saddlebags.

"The last chapter of this adventure of ours is in sight," he said. "And with that monster dead the thing in the lake shouldn't be any problem, right?"

He looked around and then grinned.

"Well, one can hope, anyway."

He led his horse to the entrance and waited for the others.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder appeared sitting on Meldrinus out side the cave and saw Adian at the entrance.
Adain did not see her, she slipped off of Her mount and silently walked up behind him. As he turned she jumped into his arms embracing him with a solid kiss to his lips, her tung reaching far into his mouth.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue already on Moonlight's back, and now with CInder back, they could tackle this problem. stones in back, waterbreathing, and soething to stay unfrozen. what could stop them now?

when all were ready (im guessing good bys or what not?) then they were off twords the lake. the land was not as full of the conifers as most of the forest, but it was still just as dangerous. the blizzard had let up, but the loose patches and fresh piles meant possible hidden holes for the horses. Zarae lead, Moonlight taking easy steps.

they traveled a good hr or two, the snow making it tedious, taking away from their time and the sun reflecting off the white...that was even harsher on the aasimir, more so for the drow.

soon they were wandering along the rocky shore; the water a deep color indicating its debts. Zarae noticed a pile of the white, speckly stones stacked in a way that surely couldn't have happened by any natural means. there number of rotted boats, along the waterline. Rounding the shore, they saw a place where the lake bled out into the land, soaking it into a frozen swamp. Out over the hybernating reeds Zarae spotted some small bobbing lights. but they didnt quite look like what she remembered Pyro discribing. which at the moment they felt a tingling sensation on their necks like someone was watching them.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Okay," Adian said, stroking his horse. "Only a few more days and you get to go ho-[i:7402408s]whnff?[/i:7402408s]"

A moment later he came up for air.

"Well, hello," he said with a grin.

"What are those?" Adian asked, staring at the odd lights. "I don't think I've ever seen the..."

His ears twitched slightly and he fell silent. He closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them, using his Sight. ([i:7402408s]Detect evil[/i:7402408s]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder smiled at Adain " Well hello you too"
~then turned and leaped onto Meldrindus and hurried to catch up with Zarae.~
She had missed Adain, but had also missed everyone else as well and it seemed like she had let her friendship with Zarae slide, girls were not so complicated as boys and much more intelligent, well it seemed that way with drow anyway. She hoped that Adain did not hear that in her thoughts he seemed to be busy detecting something out of place anyway.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Moonlight stopped and slid off Moonlights bare back. with a pat on his but, she made him run off into the trees to wait. Adian's vision showed nothing. there were just piles of stone unnatural stone. the light still bobbed around, yet they were still alive. maybe the stones from the cave [i:1duc2r6l]were [/i:1duc2r6l]a key. the rogue walked over to one of the stones carefully to study it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder Caught up with Zerae halting Menldrinus.
and followed her to the stones.
" be careful Zerae " she said coming up behind her.

" Can you see a black one any were in there or a red one "
She put her hand gently on her shoulder,
looking down she brushed the snow away carefully with her fur cloak.
" They can aid in sending the demons that guard the light "
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

While Veraka conversed with his mother, Neriah brought their packs out to the horses, finding Blaze, and putting them both onto the saddle as Adian and the others prepared to move out.

Veraka and Sanisa talked a little while longer while Neriah waited for her newly-wed to get done speaking to his mother.

"Mother, are you sure you want to continue on with us, I mean, I thought you had other duties to perform in the heavens."

"Nonsense, my son; if I wish to continue to keep you and your party safe, then it is within my duties to do so, is it not?" the solar woman asked her son.

"All right, mother, I suppose that you [b:2l9tc33g]are[/b:2l9tc33g] my mother; not much stopping you from that," Veraka chuckled his reply to Sanisa, then turned about and made his way over to his wife and Blaze.

"Are you done conversing with you mom, or should your bride wait a tad longer, hmm?" Neriah asked with her arms folded, a raised brow, but a smirk on her face.

"Ahh blah," the aasimar retorted, sticking his tongue out at the fey'ri. Neriah simply shrugged, and when Veraka came within arms distance, wrapped him around the neck for a kiss on the lips.

When she released him, he had a smirk the size of a dagger on his face; "now why can't I wake up to every mourning like that?"

"You've earned part of that, I suppose, but the other part you've yet to earn."

"Oh and what is that, my lady?" Veraka replied, first mounting Blaze, then extending an armored hand to Neriah, and pulling her up behind him.

"You have yet to satisfy your wife as she likes," the fey'ri replied with a grin, while giving Veraka a quick kiss on the cheek as he spurned Blaze into a gallop and went off with the others. Sanisa was not far behind, mounted on a celestial warcharger of her summoning.

Veraka, Neriah along with Sanisa, followed Adian, and Zarae, until they found themselves in the midst of their old friend.

"Greetings, Cinderanna," came Sanisa's voice from her celestial warcharger, as the druidess released Adian from her kissing embrace.

Blaze, along with Sanisa's mount trudged through the snow, neither being too burdened by it, but with it's current amount, began to take its toll on both horses.

Finally they were along the shoreline, and were making their way along the rock scattered beach. Neriah suddenly let loose a small hiss, her tail flicking around and about, adn her wings unfolding in agitation.

"I sense it too," Veraka said in a low tone, barely audible, to Neriah.
The fey'ri merely nodded her head in response towards her husbands comment.

"Whatever has been the cause of the problem, it is an evil that I am not sure of myself," came Sanisa's voice from behind Veraka and Neriah. Her tone was full of worry as well as concern.

"Lady Zarae; have you any luck in finding a place to look for well, anything, really?" Sanisa asked Zarae from where she was.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix